Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

On 2/4/2020 at 9:02 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I almost spit my drink out of my mouth in the new episode when Meri said...

Don't click the spoiler if you don't want to know.

Reveal spoiler

Meri said... they could just add 4 elevators to Kody's new dream home so they wouldn't have to run into each other coming or going .... good grief how much do these women hate each other??  Janelle was the only one who said it was no big deal and easy to avoid.

Kody immediately freaked because then the mansion wouldn't be cost effective.

ya right... I bet if Robyn wanted an elevator he'd agree and add elevators

That house is a hot mess.  Kody's area looks like a giant penis...Freudian slip much, Kootie? His house, indeed! Gee, Kody, I do believe that three of those wives are solely responsible for the notes on their homes, so if I were them I'd tell him to STFU with that crap.😒

If I were Meri I'd be having a come to Jesus meeting with said live-in Penis re my space...ain't no way I'd give up my home to live in a studio apartment. ☹ He'd better be adding some square footage, real quick.

And Robyn, dont know what your 2 cents were in this conversation and I don't care. Just shut up, already.  🤨

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

My two cents:

This show is rapidly declining - haven't seen the numbers, but this house nonsense is beyond a pipe dream.  It's a sanctuary for Kodster and for no one else.

Here's my thought on the end of the show:  they continue in Flagstaff until the end of shooting (whatever season they manage to stretch this out into) and on the very last show, we get the black screen of death indicating that two of the wives have left the marriage and returned to Vegas, Meri disappears elsewhere and Robyn sticks with him for another couple of years and eventually abandons him.

Kodster is no prize and they're finding out they aren't even remotely prized by their dopey husband.

• Love 15

So we've had 7 episode so far  endlessly looping BS about the Prairie Plyg House which we already know (since it's year old news) will never happen.  With what, 4 or 5 more episodes to go, I predict we will be subjected to sleep-inducing, who-cares details on moving in and out and in and out of all of the houses that we already know about.  Then finale of Maddie going into labor (quick pregnancy since she just announced it in first episode a few weeks ago) thus saving the actual birth scene for a new season although the outcome is something we already know about

Then, the usual rehash of the rehashing that is laughingly referred to as "tell all" episodes where we will hear about everything we already know about having had it replayed 50 million times.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

So we've had 7 episode so far  endlessly looping BS about the Prairie Plyg House which we already know (since it's year old news) will never happen.  With what, 4 or 5 more episodes to go, I predict we will be subjected to sleep-inducing, who-cares details on moving in and out and in and out of all of the houses that we already know about.  Then finale of Maddie going into labor (quick pregnancy since she just announced it in first episode a few weeks ago) thus saving the actual birth scene for a new season although the outcome is something we already know about

Then, the usual rehash of the rehashing that is laughingly referred to as "tell all" episodes where we will hear about everything we already know about having had it replayed 50 million times.

I think this is it - the final season of Sister Wives.  Even the producers know when they are watching paint dry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I have to agree, this season has been boring AF.  I'll miss the snark, but not the show.

We haven't seen the "table scraps" meltdown or Robyn snapping a Meri something like "Can I speak please!?!?"

Or at least I don't recall seeing it yet... I'm hoping some sparks will fly and liven things up a bit.

Hubby said they need to fill a pool with mud and let the wives wrestle lol... I said no need for a pool or mud, they got the POOP POND..... Yeehawww set up some lawn chairs and sell tickets... My money is on "Old Gray Meri"  👍😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I think this is it - the final season of Sister Wives.  Even the producers know when they are watching paint dry.

We've been saying that for years and yet they keep being renewed. Because as long as there's snark material TLC will keep it on the air.😒

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

We've been saying that for years and yet they keep being renewed. Because as long as there's snark material TLC will keep it on the air.😒

I'm pretty sure that's why Kody broke out in a sweat when Mariah and Auj announced that they planned a 3 year engagement.  Kody has not made a vision board for himself to see that far into the future, he's living minute by minute, frantically scanning his tribe, looking for story line material.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

As long as they remember to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-hash the catfish scandal, count me in!!

9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ironically, it could be people like us who watch it mainly for the snark that's keeping it on the air.  They can't have THAT many sycophants....

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Ironically, it could be people like us who watch it mainly for the snark that's keeping it on the air.  They can't have THAT many sycophants....

Oddly, they seem to.  How else can you explain Meri's success in unloading that butt-ugly LulaRoe crap so successfully?

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Oddly, they seem to.  How else can you explain Meri's success in unloading that butt-ugly LulaRoe crap so successfully?

This. Especially after you see her in those clothes, it doesn't exactly scream "wow". Pretty much the opposite of what clothing advertisers would want to project. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Do we have viewer numbers for this season yet?  Are they up?  Down?  The Same?

Never mind - 28 Jan ratings here:  Just a hair under 2 mill viewers; .4 share.  15th on the list of 25 top cable shows; lost 600K viewers from 90 day fiance which immediately preceded it (which was fourth behind the Super Bowl and the NBA on ESPN).

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-jan-26-2020/

Edited by b2H
Found it.
  • Useful 2
17 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Pffffftttt.....TV speak.  "Lashing out, boiling point".  Yeah, right.  I give that as much weight as I do the description of the "tell all" episode.  Bait and switch.

Exactly bunch of hot air about nothing...

The Brown's don't seem to realize that they could have a top show and they'd be able to demand more money if they'd be REAL, have fights, call each other names, gang up against each other and drop actual bombs during the TH's... I'd watch the shit out of that! 👍

Say what they're actually thinking and stop with the angels singingK nonsense.

• Love 12

I am confused as to what Meri's demands could be.  She has abused her reign of terror for years. She has gotten everything she has ever wanted, wet bar, french doors, private out of state education for MooRiah ... an equal budget share, which never was fair to the wives with 6 times the amount of kids to feed and clothe.  She insists on having the biggest rental, when it makes zero sense for one person.  She keeps whining that she is the empty nester so why does she needs the largest nest? At this point she should just get a room at the top of the stairs like Mrs. Bates, the other Psycho. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

The whole one house thing is crap.  Kody was so mean about Meri’s BnB, not bringing in revenue.  He should be worried about resale and zoning and etc.  Stupid storyline he concocted just for the show. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

Janelle's worried that the whole family won't get access to "the pond"???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 12
1 minute ago, DakotaJustice said:

Janelle's worried that the whole family won't get access to "the pond"???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Should we just start calling her Carl from Caddyshack?  CARL:  This place gotta pool? TY:  Pool and a pond.  Pond would be good for you.

• LOL 5
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Should we just start calling her Carl from Caddyshack?  CARL:  This place gotta pool? TY:  Pool and a pond.  Pond would be good for you.

Ha! 
Carl is FAR more goal-oriented than Janelle could ever be. She would never have gone after that gopher.

• LOL 5
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So now they're going from "angels singingk" (what crap!) to snow angels

And since none of them are actors, the whole thing looks incredibly staged and fake.  But then the whole family is a troop of fakety-fakers.

Just go the hell away.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

2 million viewers????   There’s lots of us out there watching this train wreck!  

We are snark watching, maybe we should all stop and let this $hit show die a natural death???

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

We are snark watching, maybe we should all stop and let this $hit show die a natural death???

Fine and dandy, I don't like that in some small way by watching, I am contributing to the $hit show but if the show were to end, we would all disperse to other outlets to snark on other shows. 

I would really miss the daily dose of laughs and enlightenment from other points of view.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Fine and dandy, I don't like that in some small way by watching, I am contributing to the $hit show but if the show were to end, we would all disperse to other outlets to snark on other shows. 

I would really miss the daily dose of laughs and enlightenment from other points of view.

AWW love you Sandy, I think all of us like spirits will always find another show to snark upon together. We are kindred spirits!

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Not me. I wouldn't give these grifters the satisfaction.  I can snark away just from their lame-o social media posts.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Considering there are forums here for shows that haven't been run since the 1970's (or even 1960's), I doubt that this forum will go away once the show does.  Particularly since we do have social media to use for fodder.  Which makes me happy.

• Love 10
On 12/31/2019 at 3:00 PM, Elizzikra said:

Believe it or not, being zoned residential does not necessarily prevent a single family home from being used as a group home.

How do I know? My mother has lived in the same house for over 50 years. It's in a planned residential neighborhood of single family homes where homes routinely sell for about $600,000. The house right next door to hers was purchased by an LLC and is currently operating as a group home for recovering male addicts, ages 18 to 25. They are allowed to have up to 10 people living there.

The neighborhood is zoned residential but that doesn't prevent non-relative persons from living there together (and those same laws would allow the non-legally-related Browns to live there together). We were stunned to discover that there is, in most places, literally nothing that stops group homes from operating in residential communities with almost no oversight or licensing required; no notice to neighbors; nothing at all. In fact the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) offers specific protections to these types of homes since addiction is considered a disability and those suffering from it are a protected class.

That said -they haven't been bad neighbors. The program requires the residents to be at either school, work or attending program activities at another site Monday through Friday from 9 - 5. They have a 10 p.m. curfew. My mom seldom sees or hears them and they actually keep the property up much more nicely than the prior owners did. Last winter the residents shoveled her driveway and her walkway without being asked. They still wouldn't be my first choice of neighbors but they haven't been as bad as I feared.

What might prevent Kody's polygamist ranch from being a good place for one of these homes is its isolation. Established residential neighborhoods are really popular for for-profit halfway houses, especially ones for young people. Parents like to have their kids living in neighborhoods that look like the ones the kid grew up in. The neighborhoods also often have proximity to bus lines, educational programs and potential job sites. Halfway houses are usually trying to reintegrate their residents into society so too much isolation makes that difficult. If Kody builds that multi-family dwelling, he's probably stuck with it.

There’s a group home caddy-corner to my parents’ backyard (so on the next block, street address wise) as well - no HOA for the neighborhood, but zoned residential. Never any noise or problems - only noticeable difference was that they were the first or second on the blocks with a full-home generator hooked up to the natural gas line that kicked in during power outages. (I’m not sure whether they were first or neighbors across the street who needed it for their live-in mother/MIL’s medical equipment, but they were several years ahead of other neighbors aging in place and sick of the lengthy outages due to all the neighborhood trees.)

On 1/29/2020 at 7:08 PM, xwordfanatik said:

And it's beyond high time.  Has Christine ever said anything about her father?  Apparently whatever charmed her mother Annie into that union, soured somewhere along the line.  The graduation? photo with Christine and Annie has the male figure blurred out.

No recollection re her dad, but I assumed his face was blurred out in that photo because he hasn’t/won’t sign permission for his likeness to be used, and TLC doesn’t feel like being sued. Way less petty a blurring than blurring various product names/brands!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, WalrusGirl said:

No recollection re her dad, but I assumed his face was blurred out in that photo because he hasn’t/won’t sign permission for his likeness to be used, and TLC doesn’t feel like being sued.

In Escaping Polygamy group family photos, a majority of the faces are blurred out, especially the parents.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

The "wives" don't get the appeal of polygamy for themselves, either.

Truth be told, at this point none of them are polygamists.  Robyn and Kody are monogamous and the other three are just there until the TLC show ends.

• Love 15

I don't really get the appeal of polygamy for the wives and I wouldn't choose it for myself. 

I don't either but I guess if you grow up believing this is the path to heaven, that's what you believe. Various religions teach all sorts of things I find unbelievable. What I really don't get are how women who don't grow up steeped in this belief end up finding it somehow appealing.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

This came up on my Google feed.

Holy cow, what timing!  So the Plyg Palace would cost 5 figures just for the fees.  Let me think, do I feed badly about this? 

Fat chance.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
On 2/22/2020 at 10:59 PM, Meowwww said:

I don't think this show is going to be canceled any time soon.  TLC renews worse than this because most of the rest of their programming is pretty much a snore too.  Plus they've always scraped the barrel to come up with boring story lines.  How many boring family outings and My Sisterwife's Closet meetings did we have to suffer through in earlier seasons?  I've lost count.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

Robyn's "concerned face"...Fakedy, Fake, Fake, Fake........

Anyone who has spent time around a 4-7 year old would look at that face and know immediately that is telegraphing.............. LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE! 👀🤥

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

So since this decision was made months ago did they buy or rent?

They wound up buying a house right near Coyote Pass with another lot next to it. You can actually see the same view from Robyn's property.  It's in the trees.  ha   

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

They wound up buying a house right near Coyote Pass with another lot next to it. You can actually see the same view from Robyn's property.  It's in the trees.  ha   

Oh no but but....the trees remind her of her ex and fire!!!!   

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Thank you!  Sooo in conclusion Kody was right!!!  Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/26/2020 at 7:32 PM, Kohola3 said:

Holy cow, what timing!  So the Plyg Palace would cost 5 figures just for the fees.  Let me think, do I feed badly about this? 

Fat chance.

The answer is Oh Hell No.

• LOL 10