Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Exactly.  I have a measly family of 4 people (plus pets and chickens) and for the entire 30 years of my marriage I have shopped for deals and in bulk with a sizeable storage and canned pantry.  I used to do coupons before they became 99% processed food or "buy 6 to save $.50" and now that my kids are grown I still shop based on sales and what is in the pantry against my weekly/monthly meal plans.

When Janelle was looking at the line drawing on Christmas she even said about a long term food storage pantry and how "we could buy in bulk again".  I suspect from the beginning of her choosing polygamy she has seen the one positive spin of many adults working together for the good of the whole.  She has always been the one pointing out over spending and the one adult who could probably live the most frugally.  Even if they live in 4 separate houses near one another or one giant monster house the best mentality for them all is going to be to pool certain resources.  Heck...they could have a food service company deliver bulk items to them and then break the large packages down into 4 separates for everyone to share.  Like Christines food stamp pantry they had in Lehi. 

But the key factor is thinking and planning ahead.  Not something the "Browns" do.

100% agree.  Janelle was the one making the most money and she even said several times she was upset how her sister wives wasted money when they didn't really have it to spare.  "Finite resources".   I think Janelle and Christine have always gotten the table scraps.  Despite the fact that Janelle supported the family and Christine watched the kids.  I doubt Meri did much to help the family money wise.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I doubt Meri did much to help the family money wise.  

Well.  We now know she made a whole lot of noise !! 😂

No. No. Gotta keep it real here.  Somebody who used to live above Christine when they lived in the house in Lehi Utah used to make a lot of noise and now Christine prefers to live in her own house and pay for her own water bill. 😀

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Well.  We now know she made a whole lot of noise !! 😂

No. No. Gotta keep it real here.  Somebody who used to live above Christine when they lived in the house in Lehi Utah used to make a lot of noise and now Christine prefers to live in her own house and pay for her own water bill. 😀

Well.  I have to say that listening to another woman screaming "Whoopie!!" while she's with your husband - "wife" or not - is enough to curdle the coffee in your stomach, lol.  Not that it would be an issue with the new house, or so it seems.  Christine has just had enough of polygamy, and that's all there is to it.  She knows she has to share Kody because that's a given - but beyond that - poke her with a fork, because I do believe she's done!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

And it's beyond high time.  Has Christine ever said anything about her father?  Apparently whatever charmed her mother Annie into that union, soured somewhere along the line.  The graduation? photo with Christine and Annie has the male figure blurred out.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

And it's beyond high time.  Has Christine ever said anything about her father?  Apparently whatever charmed her mother Annie into that union, soured somewhere along the line.  The graduation? photo with Christine and Annie has the male figure blurred out.

Don't know a ton about her father, but her grandfather is a very interesting person.  He started a plig cult and eventually got murdered by another cult leader. 

I also think he was very public and advertised his family life and multiple wives. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

Don't know a ton about her father, but her grandfather is a very interesting person.  He started a plig cult and eventually got murdered by another cult leader. 

I also think he was very public and advertised his family life and multiple wives. 

After grandpa was murdered, his sons (possibly including Janelle's father) attacked the other cult leader and spent some time in jail.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I took this screenshot in case it provides any information that we didn't have from the other line drawings.

If you click it... it expands 👍

rsz_screenshot_761.jpg

Arghhh.  WHY could she have not balanced the exterior shape??  My need for balance is giving me a twitch.  Meri's bedroom could have easily mirrored the bump out of Robyn's bedroom. And the same with Janelle and Christine's bedroom/guest areas. Then the exterior would would nicely mirror each side and then they can have nice a perfect landscaping out front. 😀

...who am I kidding...This is just Kody's dream world... It's unbelievably impracticable

• Love 15

The asymmetrical look bugs me, too.  I don't even like houses that have an odd placement on a lot.  

Accept it, Kootie.  You're never getting this mega-mansion on Plague Flats.  Quite the boring storyline.  I do believe that this season's the end of SW.  I could see TLC agreeing to an occasional special, like Snowflake's weddingk.  🤢  Time will tell.

• Love 3

Having seen next week's show already (Hulu had it for me on Monday morning), I won't spoil the end result of Plyg Palace but let's just say.....these women loathe each other to the point that they not only refuse to share a kitchen, they also refuse to share a front door.  I'll bet they share the Abreva, though - just sayin'.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Having seen next week's show already (Hulu had it for me on Monday morning), I won't spoil the end result of Plyg Palace but let's just say.....these women loathe each other to the point that they not only refuse to share a kitchen, they also refuse to share a front door.  I'll bet they share the Abreva, though - just sayin'.

Wait, I can watch this steaming pile of crap on Hulu? @laurakaye, I don't know if I love you or hate you right now. (Rest assured, though, I will always hate the Browns more).

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I noticed it as well yesterday!  I watched.  All I have to say about it is I was compelled to do a before/after photo reveal to Mr. Natalie re Robyn.  The 10 years have NOT been kind.  

AND I totally think she is pregnant now.  Not very good concealing. Not at time of the filming of the ep or it would be the oldest fetus ever, but in the TH's.  She is trying to conceal it with a loose print top.  Even my husband asked about pregnancy.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's on the TLCGo app too!

It's so odd - was it aired on regular TLC at all on Sunday?  Or maybe, like, at 2:00am Monday morning?  I'm trying to figure out why it was in my "Keep Watching" section on Hulu if it never aired in the first place.  I'm also a bit disturbed that Hulu knew to make sure I saw it first thing when I turned on my tv Monday morning with my cup of coffee before work, LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Spoiler

Here is the episode on found on youtube.  The person that posted is had some fun with the voices and creative editing. It cracked me up

THIS IS THE UNAIRED EPISODE.  I DID NOT MEAN TO POST IT WITHOUT A SPOILER TAG.  I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REMOVE IT.  I FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE WITH SOME CREATIVE EDITING.  I WAS GOING TO POST THE LINK UNDER A SPOILER TAG, BUT IT DIDN'T WORK.  WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO DELETE THIS POST, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.  MODS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TAKE IT DOWN.

MY APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, toodles said:

THIS IS THE UNAIRED EPISODE.  I DID NOT MEAN TO POST IT WITHOUT A SPOILER TAG.  I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REMOVE IT.  I FOUND IT ON YOUTUBE WITH SOME CREATIVE EDITING.  I WAS GOING TO POST THE LINK UNDER A SPOILER TAG, BUT IT DIDN'T WORK.  WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Listen at your own risk as well.  Unless my speakers have suddenly gone bad the audio is dreadful. 

1 minute ago, Twopper said:

Listen at your own risk as well.  Unless my speakers have suddenly gone bad the audio is dreadful. 

Oh thank heavens you said that.... I tried listening.. I WANTED to listen... but it was so squeaky and hard to hear that I gave up!  I thought it was my ears!  lol

• Love 1

It's available on the TLC-go app too. For me it was listed under "what was on last night" (Sunday night) which i thought was odd because I didn't think they had new episodes because of the super bowl. 

So now I'm looking to discuss it and can't because it hasn't actually aired yet!

All I'm going to say is that I'm actually team Kody and Janelle. And if the thought of living with her sister wives makes Christine cry then maybe she needs to move on in life. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The asymmetrical look bugs me, too.  I don't even like houses that have an odd placement on a lot.  

Accept it, Kootie.  You're never getting this mega-mansion on Plague Flats.  Quite the boring storyline.  I do believe that this season's the end of SW.  I could see TLC agreeing to an occasional special, like Snowflake's weddingk.  🤢  Time will tell.

the thing that gets me is how he didn't even try to hide that Robyn, Janelle and Christine all have bump outs with more windows and sq footage etc and Meri has this little corner, no bump out and so much smaller.

I'm a little puzzled that Robyn, Christine and Meri all have kitchens but there's no kitchen in Janelles suite.... maybe Kody has figured out that she eats out at the nearest fast food every day and she doesn't need a kitchen. 😐

rsz_screenshot_761.jpg

• LOL 2
24 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

the thing that gets me is how he didn't even try to hide that Robyn, Janelle and Christine all have bump outs with more windows and sq footage etc and Meri has this little corner, no bump out and so much smaller.

I'm a little puzzled that Robyn, Christine and Meri all have kitchens but there's no kitchen in Janelles suite.... maybe Kody has figured out that she eats out at the nearest fast food every day and she doesn't need a kitchen. 😐

rsz_screenshot_761.jpg

Isn’t this a kitchen circled? 
D1CE5DFF-F581-464A-B477-50DC125B3D62.thumb.jpeg.a93e8bc4bb923d5f97cf5a49cc5024b8.jpeg

Meri’s has a staircase so must have multiple storeys so she’d have more space as they all would.  They all seem so entitled now and with the exception of Janelle, seem to prefer monogamy. They would have jumped on this house in the Utah days. Far be it from me to defend Kody’s plan though, I still think he’s a moron! 😆 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

D1CE5DFF-F581-464A-B477-50DC125B3D62.thumb.jpeg.a93e8bc4bb923d5f97cf5a49cc5024b8.jpeg

Meri’s has a staircase so must have multiple storeys so she’d have more space as they all would.  They all seem so entitled now and with the exception of Janelle, seem to prefer monogamy. They would have jumped on this house in the Utah days. Far be it from me to defend Kody’s plan though, I still think he’s a moron! 😆 

I think it's ironic to title this show "Sister Wives" when the original meaning ACCORDING TO THE BROWN WIVES has completely changed.  What they SAID they wanted at the beginning is CLEARLY not what they want now. They do not count themselves as sisters and possibly not even friends.  They have resigned themselves to this life and stay cohesive for the sake of the income from TLC - but it's obvious from what they say and how they act that it's time to poke them with a fork because they are DONE!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

This is what they should have built in Las Vegas.  Also on this plan only Meri and Robyn have staircases.  I thought all four "apartments" were supposed to have two levels.   I am confused.  There isn't enough room for the adult children and their spouses and families if they come for future visits.  This is silly. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

omg you're right!! lolol

I kept looking at that and thinking it was just the living room... wow what a shitty little living room Janelle has on that plan.... it's more like a TINY little family room.

The whole lay out for Janelle is such a waste of space,,, she has an entrance foyer area that's about the same size.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I kept looking at that and thinking it was just the living room... wow what a shitty little living room Janelle has on that plan.... it's more like a TINY little family room.

Kody probably thought Gabe will be gone soon and Savannah prefers to stay in her room. Janelle just needs her La-Z-Boy, TV, laptop & table for snacks. None of them have their own dining or kitchen tables, just some space at the counters.

Janelle's huge foyer is definitely a waste of space.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I thought all four "apartments" were supposed to have two levels. 

i think that they do. This is the picture posted on the trailer.  Of course, this could be as fake as the rest of their lives.

2020-02-04_18-44-41.jpg

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Why does "Kody's space" have a living room and a kitchen, but no dining room. We know these guys have meals together on a not-irregular basis. Shouldn't a common dining space be a key part of a communal house?

You would think.

29 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Why does "Kody's space" have a living room and a kitchen, but no dining room. We know these guys have meals together on a not-irregular basis. Shouldn't a common dining space be a key part of a communal house?

I think it is supposed to be multi-purpose.   Living room for meetings.  I think family dinners are rarer and rarer so they could just push the living room stuff to the walls and bring in tables and chairs.   

I don't have my glasses on.   Does this floor plan give the dimensions of each room.  The common area seems much smaller on the plan than it appeared in the video presentation they had.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Janelle's huge foyer is definitely a waste of space.

I went back and looked at the line drawing and Janelles "foyer" is actually her staircase to her lower level and Christine also has a staircase in the same position (I've circled both}

Meri and Robyn also have staircases

Pic expands if you click it.

rsz_screenshot_764.jpg

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Useful 5
31 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I don't have my glasses on.   Does this floor plan give the dimensions of each room.  The common area seems much smaller on the plan than it appeared in the video presentation they had.  

OH!  That's because Robyn was REALLY upset and she said if she was going to live there she needed about 1000 more square footage... so they cut down the common area and extended her living area.

(OK, maybe she didn't - but I could totally see that happening!!)  lol

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

I almost spit my drink out of my mouth in the new episode when Meri said...

Don't click the spoiler if you don't want to know.

Spoiler

Meri said... they could just add 4 elevators to Kody's new dream home so they wouldn't have to run into each other coming or going .... good grief how much do these women hate each other??  Janelle was the only one who said it was no big deal and easy to avoid.

Kody immediately freaked because then the mansion wouldn't be cost effective.

ya right... I bet if Robyn wanted an elevator he'd agree and add elevators

• LOL 5
13 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I almost spit my drink out of my mouth in the new episode when Meri said...

Don't click the spoiler if you don't want to know.

Hide contents

Meri said... they could just add 4 elevators to Kody's new dream home so they wouldn't have to run into each other coming or going .... good grief how much do these women hate each other??  Janelle was the only one who said it was no big deal and easy to avoid.

Kody immediately freaked because then the mansion wouldn't be cost effective.

ya right... I bet if Robyn wanted an elevator he'd agree and add elevators

So ridiculous.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Spoiler

Why not just 4 staircases from the parking garage, one straight into each unit? Ideally designed to land next to the kitchen. It would be easier than opening two separate doors when unloading groceries - one at the base of the main staircase (required by code to keep car exhaust out of the house), then another to get into your unit.

• Love 3

Janelle is the only one pushing for a "polygamist lifestyle" . Shes the real sister wife!  And  Shut up Christine.  You want to be on your own???.  Leave then!!  smh.  Thats what you effing signed up for, Christine!! Get out then.... Meri?  Not sure she knows what she wants. Robin, can't get a good read on her yet. 🤔

• Love 6

Meri: totally checked out and should leave.

Christine: a monogamist and should leave.

Janelle: invested in the polygamist lifestyle but might have to find another plural family.

Robin: I think she would like to have Kody all to herself but doesn't want to be the reason the family breaks up.

Kody: tired of the drama with the wives (he's not romantically interested in at least two of them) but it's all he knows and it's his identity.

• Love 9

I haven’t watched in years but just caught up on a few episodes, from Christmas to the last one that hasn’t aired everywhere yet. I’m just wondering why Meri is so checked out during the couch scenes. To be honest, I thought she left long ago. 

I have to say I’m not sure why Christine is so bothered with the idea of seeing Kody with another wife. She knows he’s screwing them regardless of what she sees. What’s the big deal if you see them walk out the door together? 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

I have to say I’m not sure why Christine is so bothered with the idea of seeing Kody with another wife. She knows he’s screwing them regardless of what she sees. What’s the big deal if you see them walk out the door together? 

Christine is a silly heart and a day dreamer.

Christine struggled with serious jealousy for quite a while.

Since they've moved to Flagstaff I think she's been pretending that she's kodys only wife, she never has to see him with another wife...  and on the other hand she can be as affectionate, sexy, flirty, loud and raunchy with him as she wants without having to worry about another wife walking in..... She doesn't want to lose that.

She's kind of like an ostrich with her head stuck in the sand..  If she doesn't see it she can pretend it doesn't exist.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

i think that they do. This is the picture posted on the trailer.  Of course, this could be as fake as the rest of their lives.

2020-02-04_18-44-41.jpg

😂

Christine and Janelle's living area looks right out into Meri/Robyn's bedrooms!!  Both of them can walk out onto the wrap around deck to enjoy the angels singing from the top of the magick mountain and be right on the other side of the wall or windows of their bedrooms. 😂 So Meri and Robyn are gonna have to keep their curtains pulled tight all the time.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

😂

Christine and Janelle's living area looks right out into Meri/Robyn's bedrooms!!  Both of them can walk out onto the wrap around deck to enjoy the angels singing from the top of the magick mountain and be right on the other side of the wall or windows of their bedrooms. 😂 So Meri and Robyn are gonna have to keep their curtains pulled tight all the time.

Nah.  Meri and Kody haven't had sex in YEARS and I doubt he ever even spends the night in her room.  And Robyn doesn't give a shit about the other wives' feelings, so they can just watch and get jealous.  It's all good.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Meri just struck me as incredibly unhappy. I wonder what the status of her marriage is now.

I think Christine enjoyed not having to take care of everyone else's (mainly Janelle's) kids during the Vegas years and enjoyed that freedom. If she suffers from insecurity I could see her wanting to stay in a dream world and pretend it's just her and Kody until the entire family has to interact. 

I could see Janelle loving the idea of a singular home because of the same reasons I would love an extra hand or two - free babysitting and always someone for my kids to run off and play with. 

At this stage in their lives though, one empty nester (who seems to have one foot out the door), Janelle's youngest is at least in middle school, right? And then Truely would be a few years older by the time this happened (if ever). The only kids to grow up in that house would be Robyn's babies. It would be great if they had a large, comfortable space to handle holidays but I don't know about the rest of the year. Would have been nice for their family if they'd had the money to do this years ago. In lieu of that I think they should have just stayed in Vegas. 

• Love 3

Who do we think Kody actually has sex with?

Meri: no way, not for years -- he admitted this

Janelle: once a year maybe, he does it to fulfill his ~husbandly duties~

Christine: I think she basically begs him for it and then cries afterwards.

Robyn: maybe the only wife he enjoys being sexual with and even that is starting to wane

• Love 9

I hope his hots for Robyn have turned sour.  If he has any fun in that department these days, he should be reduced to wanking by his pathetic self.

Robyn's true bitchiness on the show tells me she's WAY over craving his manhood.  Poor Kootie.  😛

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

If he has any fun in that department these days, he should be reduced to wanking by his pathetic self.

That is why Kody's Big House needs a room with a door, not an open loft.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, deirdra said:
  Hide contents

Why not just 4 staircases from the parking garage, one straight into each unit? Ideally designed to land next to the kitchen. It would be easier than opening two separate doors when unloading groceries - one at the base of the main staircase (required by code to keep car exhaust out of the house), then another to get into your unit.

It's not a bad idea to at least have one if that's where they all plan to grow old. They might not all be as mobile in their golden years as they are now and if they build a house like that, they should build it with the idea of being able to age in place.

I have to say I’m not sure why Christine is so bothered with the idea of seeing Kody with another wife. She knows he’s screwing them regardless of what she sees. What’s the big deal if you see them walk out the door together? 

Eh -I think I understand this. I don't really get the appeal of polygamy for the wives and I wouldn't choose it for myself. But I can understand where, if I were in a polygamist marriage, I don't want to witness affection or romance between my husband and one of his other wives, even though I know he has them and they are affectionate. It makes a certain sort of sense.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 9