Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

Dawn King is a draftsperson, not an architect, and lives in Prescott AZ, a 3.5 hr drive round trip from Flagstaff; free time away from the wives was probably part of the attraction.  There are more than a dozen real architects in Flagstaff that Kootie could have used, who would know the local building codes, but he's Kootie.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Once most/all of the kids are gone, are they still going to cook multiple dinners so they don't have to eat together?? What's the point of multiple kitchens when the kids are grown up?

They all seem to love eating out.  They'll probably drive 5 separate cars to 5 separate restaurants/drive-thrus.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

They really are pretty dumb. Anyone with 1/2 of brain would do the math before buying 4 plots of land in regards to sewer/septic/utilities and the costs involved just doing that.  They must be doing another ARM or something to afford Christines 500K home and Sobyn's 900K home plus the land at what 800K ?  I would really love to look at their financials, but I would rather get a pap smear...

Possibly they did their financing through vendor take back loans, (VTB).  Sometimes when a vendor (or developer) feels saddled with unsaleable properties, that is one way to offload them.  It doesn't usually afford the seller the opportunity to scrutinize the borrowers financials to the extent that a formal lending institution has available but it doesn't leave the borrower much room for negotiation (beggars can't be choosers).

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Dawn King is a draftsperson, not an architect, and lives in Prescott AZ, a 3.5 hr drive round trip from Flagstaff; free time away from the wives was probably part of the attraction.  There are more than a dozen real architects in Flagstaff that Kootie could have used, who would know the local building codes, but he's Kootie.

Add to that all the time it took for the Kodester to locate a draftsperson in the state of Arizona who would not only be willing to waste many precious hours drawing up plans for this ridiculous palace, but one who would also be willing to appear on a little-watched TLC show called Sister Wives, take part in an interview, and be willing to express the appropriate amount of shock and awe that this guy Kody Brown has - wait for it - FOUR wives.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Possibly they did their financing through vendor take back loans, (VTB).  Sometimes when a vendor (or developer) feels saddled with unsaleable properties, that is one way to offload them.  It doesn't usually afford the seller the opportunity to scrutinize the borrowers financials to the extent that a formal lending institution has available but it doesn't leave the borrower much room for negotiation (beggars can't be choosers).

I thought that they paid cash for the land? It's been a year and a half so I don't recall clearly. 

I just assumed that the Kodester tapped the equity in the Vegas homes. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I thought that they paid cash for the land? It's been a year and a half so I don't recall clearly. 

Way back when they first purchased the land, someone (I think it was on this site) got copies of the deeds and posted them, showing who was on title to each of the parcels and how much was owing on each.  It seemed out of balance, I can't recall the exact figures but some of the lots had about 30% equity from the Browns and others had maybe 10%.

In the teaser episodes, when Christine said that they would be "drownDing", Kody bemoaned the fact that they would have 4 mortgage payments and then as an afterthought, he said plus the loans on the land if the LV homes didn't sell before Spring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

That was the impression that I got. He assumed they would make $200,000 profit on each home, to pay the $800,000 for the land.  But they would have had to borrow the money from somewhere, probably shady and not requiring much of a downpayment, so a vendor take back loan sounds like their kind of loan.  Someone on here searched and found that they had not paid their property taxes. This will probably turn into another "government persecution" storyline.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I think Maddy is correct from last season, and Flagstaff is just one more stop in them moving all around.

Aspyn said she thought they were running away from something.

edited to add exact quote:

“I just feel like they’re running away from something and I don’t know what they’re running away from,” 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

They paid in full for two lots, put cash down and financed the other two. Not sure which of the lots has the Plague Pond. 

I figured they purchased the two lots out-right so if things tank for them, they can sell them. Let the other two go to the bank. The only way they could build the PPPP on the land is to get the land rezoned as commercial, so they can build a multi-unit "apartment" complex. Along with that are commercial regulations for septic, water, safety, etc. It isn't going to happen. Neighbors won't agree and they don't have the money to do it. Not to mention, NONE of the wives want it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Aspyn said she thought they were running away from something.

edited to add exact quote:

“I just feel like they’re running away from something and I don’t know what they’re running away from,” 

I would say they are running away from themselves, but, they don't know it.  Plus, they always take themselves with them.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

They probably left Vegas because the balloon payments were due on the Vegas homes,  so I get why they ran away from there, but I don’t get them actually purchasing the land they knew they couldn’t build on.  I also get why they had to “buy” houses, but couldn’t they just have them run around Flagstaff looking at land? In fact, TLC should keep the parents in one RV on filming days.  Imagine the hijinks as they are forced to ride around AZ looking at shitty properties waiting for plague-carrying prairie dogs to sing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

I figured they purchased the two lots out-right so if things tank for them, they can sell them. Let the other two go to the bank. The only way they could build the PPPP on the land is to get the land rezoned as commercial, so they can build a multi-unit "apartment" complex. Along with that are commercial regulations for septic, water, safety, etc. It isn't going to happen. Neighbors won't agree and they don't have the money to do it. Not to mention, NONE of the wives want it.

This whole plot/scheme/storyline is so ridiculous.  This man has a wife, an ex and two side-pieces.  He has umpteen children.  And yet, he flits from state to state, builds four McMansions, decides that the dry heat of Vegas is too hard on his hair weave so he (Robyn) decides that Flagstaff is the place to be.  While he tries to unload the Vegas houses, he thinks that perhaps the construction of a platial castle in the forest is a great idea, when he knows FULL WELL that these women will never, under any circumstances, live with each other.  So off he goes on another escapade, and now he's got his wives living in separate rentals, or apartments, or B&B's in Parowan, while they wait for - I don't even know - four new separate houses to be built?

What if one of his kids needs major surgery?  Or one of his wives?  Or one of his adult kids really needs some financial help (Maddie?)  And then there's still five or six kids that need to go to college (and you know Robyn's kids will get to go wherever they want).  There's going to be lots more weddings to help pay for.  And just basic life expenses.  This doofus must literally think that SW is going to run on another 22 seasons or something to pay for all the stupidity he's led his clueless family into.  No wonder once his kids leave, they tend to not come back.  His "leadership" consists of selfishness and ratings.  He's dangerous to his own family.

• Love 18

In the photo that shows at the end of the promo that is being run constantly, all five people just look so miserable.  Not a smile among them (although Meri seems to have a slight smirk).

Christine maybe should worry about people "drownding" in the toxic pond more than if they're "drownding" in debt.  These people are all idiots.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This doofus must literally think that SW is going to run on another 22 seasons or something to pay for all the stupidity he's led his clueless family into. 

I think that's exactly what he expects.  He thinks he and the harem are a source of endless fascination to their adoring public. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I think that's exactly what he expects.  He thinks he and the harem are a source of endless fascination to their adoring public. 

Right, that's why Strive and the joolry bizness is so successful. Maybe they are holding out for Christines singking career to take off?

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

The polygamist Simpsons.

Polygamist Simpsons would be a step up from the Brown Clowns.  Weird/funny things happen to the Simpsons, but they don't portray themselves as victims. And Homer has better hair.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

As dopey as building the Kody Hotel is, if they managed to pull it off I think it would sell easily when the time came. Unlike all those large houses languishing on the market, something with 19 bedrooms would be attractive to a company needing a group home, like a rehab, health/weight loss retreat, retirement home (would need to install an elevator) or one of those remote kick-your-ass homes for juvenile delinquents. I think a lot of rehabs, for instance, buy several 3 or 4 BR homes and then have their activities in a rented corporate office space, so such an unusually large place would obviate that, or having to build from scratch.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mrs Robot said:

As dopey as building the Kody Hotel is, if they managed to pull it off I think it would sell easily when the time came. Unlike all those large houses languishing on the market, something with 19 bedrooms would be attractive to a company needing a group home, like a rehab, health/weight loss retreat, retirement home (would need to install an elevator) or one of those remote kick-your-ass homes for juvenile delinquents. I think a lot of rehabs, for instance, buy several 3 or 4 BR homes and then have their activities in a rented corporate office space, so such an unusually large place would obviate that, or having to build from scratch.

I can't see the neighbors being on board with ANY of those options. Isn't it zoned residential?

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Mrs Robot said:

I have a strong suspicion that NIMBY would quash that right quick.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Not to mention, those alternative uses highlight the limited market for that type of house.  Flag is a pretty pricey area, from everything I’ve seen (although it’s a bargain compared to the Bay Area!).  But the chances of there being ANYTHING built on that land are very remote.  As previously discussed in these forums, just getting the utilities (water, electric, cable) on the property would cost a veritable fortune and take years - YEARS - of going through the permit process just to begin the whole thing.  

Back in 1978 or so, my parents decided they wanted to double the size of the family room in our house and put in a fireplace (there was a fireplace in the living room, which we seldom utilized).  Even though the whole project was completely on our own property there still had to be archetectural drawings, reports, etc drawn up and presented to the city municipal improvement district...several times.  Then the permits had to be obtained.  Dad finally got permission to start the work - in late 1980.  I remember it clearly as i was watching Little House on the Prairie, freezing my ass off, when the news broke into the show and announced that John Lennon had been assasinated.  The room was finally finished in mid 1981.  

My opinion for why the Vegas homes didn’t sell quickly - well, that’s not quite true.  Both Robyn’s and Meri’s homes sold fairly quickly.  I think the reason for that is twofold - Kody was the legal coowner on the two homes but not on Christine or Janelle’s.  He had skin in the game but not for janelle or christine’s homes.  So he didn’t let Janelle be the agent on HIS houses.  Both Robyn’s and Meris homes were as neat and tidy as pins when they went on the market.  Chrstine’s was a disaster in comparision as was Janelle’s as they both DON’T GIVE A SHIT about stuff like routine maintenance, pride of ownership, or cleanliness.  Kody found a competent real estate team, who obviously knew what they were doing since the homes both sold fairly quiickly and if memory serves for close to asking, which is impressive considering that neither home had a pool, only a bus stop (pergola) in the backyard from the commitment ceremony.  

• Love 6

Not sure where to put this, but a suggestion just came up on my YouTube feed.  About the Browns.  " This just in"  Kody earlier this year married his fifth wife, but nothing has been confirmed.  The 5th wife is Leigh Marie Brown born in 1988.  12 years younger than Robyn.  It said they married in February.  It said she will probably be introduced at the end of this season and come in on the 15 season.  There might be another child by then.  

Then again it could all be rumor.  But it would be great if it were true.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

He had skin in the game but not for janelle or christine’s homes.  So he didn’t let Janelle be the agent on HIS houses.  Both Robyn’s and Meris homes were as neat and tidy as pins when they went on the market.  Chrstine’s was a disaster in comparision as was Janelle’s as they both DON’T GIVE A SHIT about stuff like routine maintenance, pride of ownership, or cleanliness.  Kody found a competent real estate team, who obviously knew what they were doing since the homes both sold fairly quiickly and if memory serves for close to asking,

I find that all very interesting. It's as if they're only married when it's convenient for them all to be married. Otherwise, as in the house situation, Kody couldn't care less. And if he did care, why not share his competent RE team? They might have been able to get Christine & Janelle to clean up and make their houses look presentable. Very strange way to promote "all for one, one for all" (or whatever that phrase was that he was preaching)

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

But I don't think there's any NIMBY. This appears to be miles from the next house. I had a friend who went to a rehab in Dana Point and the house was next to the mayor's.

11 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I can't see the neighbors being on board with ANY of those options. Isn't it zoned residential?

What neighbors? This is way out in the country. And there are many rehab places in far more populated spots. Also, I believe most of these are allowed in residential zones.

3 hours ago, MsTree said:

I find that all very interesting. It's as if they're only married when it's convenient for them all to be married. Otherwise, as in the house situation, Kody couldn't care less. And if he did care, why not share his competent RE team? They might have been able to get Christine & Janelle to clean up and make their houses look presentable. Very strange way to promote "all for one, one for all" (or whatever that phrase was that he was preaching)

One of the 5 am regulars at my gym is a top realtor in the area. I think what he would say is that when you list a home initially you have to start off with a bang - the property needs to be at its very best - especially in a competitive buyers market like Vegas.  Janelle was a sucky agent. She doesn't have the outgoing, motivated, friendly, warm, etc personality needed to sell effectively.  She's very phlegmatic, like a slug. 

If memory serves, Christine and Janelle's homes didn't sell until a new RE agent was put on, and it even took him a long time to sell them because they were stale from being on the market too long.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mrs Robot said:

But I don't think there's any NIMBY. This appears to be miles from the next house. I had a friend who went to a rehab in Dana Point and the house was next to the mayor's.

What neighbors? This is way out in the country. And there are many rehab places in far more populated spots. Also, I believe most of these are allowed in residential zones.

IIRC, the cameras panned the landscape and there were other houses visible, maybe a "country Mile" distant.  In any case, they bought 4 divided lots that were already part of a Plan of Subdivision and to get the plan approved, the developer would have had to submit plans for the intended use and designated zoning. 

Someone owns the surrounding land, possibly other buyers who had not built yet, or the developer still owns the other lots and he has a vested interest in keeping the community as appealing as possible.  If he is attempting to sell the remaining lots as single family homes in the 2000 - 4000 sq.ft. range, a 10,000 sq.ft. mega house would be a blight on the landscape.  If I were someone who had already bought at Coyote Pass or the developer, I would be the first one at the meeting when the proposal for changes are made, pounding my fist on the table "Oh no you don't".

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Not sure where to put this, but a suggestion just came up on my YouTube feed.  About the Browns.  " This just in"  Kody earlier this year married his fifth wife, but nothing has been confirmed.  The 5th wife is Leigh Marie Brown born in 1988.  12 years younger than Robyn.  It said they married in February.  It said she will probably be introduced at the end of this season and come in on the 15 season.  There might be another child by then.  

Then again it could all be rumor.  But it would be great if it were true.

I'm skeptical...but I would love it to be true.  Take that, Queenie!  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Then again it could all be rumor.

No way.  These people cannot have intestinal gas (I'm looking at you, Janelle) without multiple postings on social media.  Between their big mouths and trying to make eleventy-seven kids keep a secret, I'm calling BS on that one.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, LydiaE said:

The blurred picture of the alleged new wife looks like a triple cross breeding of Janelle, Meri, and Kody.  

It is a picture of Robyn's niece.  Her name is Mindy and this is a bullshit rumor that comes up all the time.  😝

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

No way.  These people cannot have intestinal gas (I'm looking at you, Janelle) without multiple postings on social media.  Between their big mouths and trying to make eleventy-seven kids keep a secret, I'm calling BS on that one.

Let's not even mention that there hasn't been a season of the show where the Fifth Wife rumors start being generated by these phony baloney gossip sites/videos.  

Remember in Vegas it was supposed to be Mindy, Robyn's nanny/relative?

Before that it was Robyn's much younger half sister, Taralyce I think her name was.

Plus the question is brought up at every. Single. Tell Nothing. And the last couple of times, Kody emphatically said NO, there will be NO MORE WIVES. 

But it still comes up. Just like "is Robyn pregnant again?"

I think Kody is fine with what he has now. After dealing with Meri's drama I don't think he wants to go through that again. Since the main reason to collect concubines is to create kids, and Kody has said that he's done with that too, I really think it's just a red herring.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

So I found descriptions for episodes 1 and 2 of the new season. They're the ones that Google turns up, but I read similar descriptions elsewhere, just can't remember where:

"Episode 1: Kicked Out

The wives begin to unpack after moving the family to Flagstaff, Ariz.; the cops pay a visit to Meri's new rental property.

Episode 2: Happier Alone?

The neighbors drive Meri out of town; the Las Vegas properties aren't selling."

So . . . this stuff about Meri being driven out of town? Have we heard anything about that? I don't remember reading that anywhere. The other description I read (that I can't find now) said something about her being driven out of the rental house she had (for some kind of technical or contractual reasons?)

Did I miss this? Or is it TLC exaggerating something? They just can't resist a good "driven out" storyline, can they?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

TLC descriptions

Kicked Out: 

120 MIN|TV-PG

It's the Sister Wives' first day unpacking after moving the whole family to Flagstaff. It's pouring rain and the neighbors at Meri's rental have called the police. Was this move a mistake?

Lonely in Flagstaff:

60 MIN

Meri returns to Flagstaff but still feels alone. When she meets the other Sister Wives for lunch, old tensions bubble to the surface. Meanwhile Kody has a plan to reunite the family.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

So I found descriptions for episodes 1 and 2 of the new season. They're the ones that Google turns up, but I read similar descriptions elsewhere, just can't remember where:

The wives begin to unpack after moving the family to Flagstaff, Ariz.; the cops pay a visit to Meri's new rental property.

So . . . this stuff about Meri being driven out of town? Have we heard anything about that? I don't remember reading that anywhere. The other description I read (that I can't find now) said something about her being driven out of the rental house she had (for some kind of technical or contractual reasons?)

Did I miss this? Or is it TLC exaggerating something? They just can't resist a good "driven out" storyline, can they?

The cops were probably called by the neighbors because of the camera crew. I would probably do the same, because I enjoy my privacy and quiet.  But just like the FAKE sirens during the FAKE Vegas move, they'll make it into polygamy.

Episode 2. At least the description is 50% correct.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Rhondinella said:

Or is it TLC exaggerating something?

Yep, it;s totally word play.  How often have they advertised a "tell all" episode when absolutely nothing new is spoken?  Somebody writes that BS to suck us in. 

Doesn't work with me, haven't watched since season one. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Yep, it;s totally word play.  How often have they advertised a "tell all" episode when absolutely nothing new is spoken?  Somebody writes that BS to suck us in. 

Doesn't work with me, haven't watched since season one. 

I don't watch either but looking forward to the plentiful snark here 🤣

• Love 6

Ah, Absalom found the other more detailed descriptions I had seen but couldn't turn up. Thanks. So even if it is neighbors calling the cops because of cameras or traffic or just general hullabaloo, I can't imagine they would be able to make her leave the neighborhood. I guess unless the landlord kicks her out to curry favor with the neighbors. 

My guess is she gets offended that people don't want her here, will make it all about how they are prejudiced against polygamists, and they'll play out the whole persecution narrative again and she leaves in a high dudgeon and huffs all the way back to Parowan.  Meanwhile the neighbors are all probably like, "Girl, I don't give a crap who you sleep with, just knock off the racket!!"

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

Ah, Absalom found the other more detailed descriptions I had seen but couldn't turn up. Thanks. So even if it is neighbors calling the cops because of cameras or traffic or just general hullabaloo, I can't imagine they would be able to make her leave the neighborhood. I guess unless the landlord kicks her out to curry favor with the neighbors. 

My guess is she gets offended that people don't want her here, will make it all about how they are prejudiced against polygamists, and they'll play out the whole persecution narrative again and she leaves in a high dudgeon and huffs all the way back to Parowan.  Meanwhile the neighbors are all probably like, "Girl, I don't give a crap who you sleep with, just knock off the racket!!"

Didn't she have to move because the landlord had sold the home? 

You're right they can't make her leave but they can sure give her the cold shoulder, I'm looking forward to reading what the neighbors have to say after the episode airs. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

That makes the most sense. But of course they'll sell it as persecution.

You mean like they did during the trip to Nauvoo when they claimed the museum wouldn't allow them in because they were polygamists, when the truth was that the family could come in but not the film crew due to the small interior. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Welcome back😁

Thanks! Haven't been around much in recent months/years. I lurk a lot though. But holiday breaks are the few times I have to sit down and actually type out thoughts (I'm a teacher).

Plus for some reason I've gotten crazy into this show again, rewatching old seasons that I've already seen several times. This family just fascinates me. I'm also right now captivated by examining similarities between Kody's messed up psychology and Trump's. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Did Meri disclose that she was going to run a business out of the rental home before signing the lease?  In most cities like Flagstaff that requires a business license and a home occupation permit that the landlord would have to endorse.  She may be selling "online", but the constant comings and goings of LulaCrap packages would be disruptive to the neighbourhood.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Rhondinella said:

I think someone literally puts Meri in a car and drives her to her new digs. 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Did Meri disclose that she was going to run a business out of the rental home before signing the lease?  In most cities like Flagstaff that requires a business license and a home occupation permit that the landlord would have to endorse.  She may be selling "online", but the constant comings and goings of LulaCrap packages would be disruptive to the neighbourhood.

One of the most popular subs on Reddit is the AntiMLM sub. It would not surprise me one whit if there were people in the neighborhood who were against Meri because she flogs LLR. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4