Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

So Robyn buys a gorgeous house with gorgeous views. Ever wonder if the other kids get a little jealous of Robyn's kids? Where did Meri end up? 

Meri is renting a very nice million dollar house that she pays $4,500 a month for.  The one who should be angry is Janelle.  Her new rental isn't that nice - it was build in 1956 and shows it's age.  (We saw it in the episode where they were sitting on the sofas surrounded by moving boxes talking about how Janelle knew the sex of the baby and then Robyn announced she had to move). Janelle's rental is, however, cost appropriate at $2,850 a month.  Hopefully Janelle is allowed to pocket the money she is saving on rent/mortgage payments.

• Love 9
On 3/7/2020 at 9:43 PM, crimson23 said:

They wound up buying a house right near Coyote Pass with another lot next to it. You can actually see the same view from Robyn's property.  It's in the trees.  ha   

How near?  If the lot they bought is adjacent to Coyote Pass then maybe they could build on it and 2 lots in CP, then sell off the rest of the Pass.   Or if it isn't they, could put 3 lots on the CP property and Robyn would be nearby. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

Meri is renting a very nice million dollar house that she pays $4,500 a month for.  The one who should be angry is Janelle.  Her new rental isn't that nice - it was build in 1956 and shows it's age.  (We saw it in the episode where they were sitting on the sofas surrounded by moving boxes talking about how Janelle knew the sex of the baby and then Robyn announced she had to move). Janelle's rental is, however, cost appropriate at $2,850 a month.  Hopefully Janelle is allowed to pocket the money she is saving on rent/mortgage payments.

Ugh so Meri went from one mansion to another. Figures. Yes, Gabe and Savannah must be a little peeved sometimes. Janelle just doesn't really care which is a good life role model (at least in not getting caught up in material things). But teenagers would likely have a hard time seeing their "siblings" living in much nicer abodes.

3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

How near?  If the lot they bought is adjacent to Coyote Pass then maybe they could build on it and 2 lots in CP, then sell off the rest of the Pass.   Or if it isn't they, could put 3 lots on the CP property and Robyn would be nearby. 

I think they will likely do this something like that. Robyn's house looks very nice. I don't see her moving again anytime soon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I think they will likely do this something like that. Robyn's house looks very nice. I don't see her moving again anytime soon.

Robyn's house is nice on the inside but has absolutely no curb appeal.  From the outside I would say it doesn't look like a house that would cost $860,000.  It must be the 4 acres of land.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Robyn's house is nice on the inside but has absolutely no curb appeal.  From the outside I would say it doesn't look like a house that would cost $860,000.  It must be the 4 acres of land.  

The land, the view and the 4400 square feet. I agree - it's not an extravagant over the top mansion but it looks pretty luxurious inside when you compare it to Janelle - and even Christine really.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

The land, the view and the 4400 square feet. I agree - it's not an extravagant over the top mansion but it looks pretty luxurious inside when you compare it to Janelle - and even Christine really the trailer she lived in when she caught Kody's eye.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Good Lord. $2850 a month for that??  I could never afford to live there. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

its like a couple blocks away

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Does anyone have a link to the listing for Meri's current rental? Not the elevator one with the creek inside.

Sending you a link to what I think is her current rental.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Sexuality isn’t a personality trait, Mariah!

Not to minimize anyone’s sexuality or having to come out as gay to close minded or potentially negative people/family—but this is Mariah we’re talking about. 

Fortunately for Meri and the rest of the family, they had worldly Robyn in the family to explain the complexities of family life with a member coming out.  She must have crammed a lifetime of livin' between her marriage breakup and meeting up with the Brown Bunch and has no qualms about imparting her wisdom.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
On 3/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, smarty2020 said:

There is no other way to say it. Meri is a selfish hag.  Every house we have seen her in, including Vegas is wasteful.    Meri is one person, she can get an apartment or small house.  Then you have Christine, smart enough to buy, because IMO rent is a waste of money, especially at those rental prices.   Janelle is perfectly happy in her modest rental.  Robyn worried about down payment money taking away from the family.  And then there is Meri draining the funds and everything from the family.  Its selfish and sinful 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

Robyn worried about down payment money taking away from the family.

::Snort!::  She HAD to have a six bedroom home - which is ridiculous.  She had to get almost a million dollar home.  Robyn thinks about Robyn, period.  Don't go by what you THINK you know about her from what little she allows you to see on a stupid reality show.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

::Snort!::  She HAD to have a six bedroom home - which is ridiculous.  She had to get almost a million dollar home.  Robyn thinks about Robyn, period.  Don't go by what you THINK you know about her from what little she allows you to see on a stupid reality show.

I get that. At least she makes an effort to put on a good show. lol Meri never hides her greed and desperate need to have the best.   They should put Meri in Janelle's mother in law apartment 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, crimson23 said:

I get that. At least she makes an effort to put on a good show. lol Meri never hides her greed and desperate need to have the best.   They should put Meri in Janelle's mother in law apartment 

Agreed.  Meri doesn't pretend SQUAT for the camera.  I guess we have to give her points for being genuine, lol.  She makes it obvious she ONLY cares about herself and Mariah. 

Where will they put all of Meri's truck loads of Lularoe rags?

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Agreed.  Meri doesn't pretend SQUAT for the camera.  I guess we have to give her points for being genuine, lol.  She makes it obvious she ONLY cares about herself and Mariah. 

Where will they put all of Meri's truck loads of Lularoe rags?

What about the warehouse that they supposedly leased or bought in Flagstaff?  I understand that they are probably using it as the "set" for the talking head conversations but if it's bigger than a 10x12 storage locker, maybe Meri could conduct her sales pitches from there.  If there is plumbing in the warehouse Meri would probably rather bunk there than share a kitchen with Janelle ever again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

So let me get this straight.....And forgive me if this has already been discussed but I've been unable to keep up with this mess for a lot of reasons....And correct me if I'm wrong - Every one of them has had to move at least once since they moved to Flagstaff except Christine, right?  And that's because she bought a house right off the bat, right? 

Meri has had to move twice, once right after mostly moving in because the owner didn't want to rent to plygs.  Then she moved because the next owner wanted to sell, right?

Janelle moved once because she thought she was too far away and ended up in a dreadful too-small place for almost $3,000 a month.

Robyn had to move once because her rental was being sold, and it looks like Kody convinced her that buying was pretty much the only option despite dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks Robyn being against it.

I don't get these people.  All these women have become as greedy as Meri (except for Janelle), and obviously hate each other so much they have to live in colossal walled-in mansions far enough away from each other so as not to get jealous, but not TOO far.  The only reason Janelle is not so bad is because she is the second-rate wife who still settles for crumbs falling off the table.  At least her second rental probably won't get sold any time soon because who would want it, quite honestly?  The rent she is paying for it is too high for what it is and would be too high even here in the expensive Northeast.  Let's face it, Flagstaff isn't Greenwich, CT.

My question is that if the market there is so hot that rentals are scarce and get sold out from under you shortly after you move in, why would anyone think they were going to be successful renting there?  And why would anyone continue to try to rent in such a place especially after finding this out....the hard way?  They weren't aware of this when they moved there?  Meri should have known better after the second kick-out.  Robyn is so dumb that she couldn't even do the math after all that has happened to ALL of them, and figure out that it's a losing proposition.  She's like a little kid - she just wants what she wants and then acts like GOD wants what she wants too!

These people are insane.  They keep thinking that they're going to get what they want if they keep trying to get what they want, but they refuse to see reality.  Robyn thinks "God" is going to find her a 6 bedroom rental when even 5 bedrooms doesn't exist.  She is delusional.  Even Kody knows that's not how God works.  So they end up bleeding money like it's going out of style and causing themselves undue stress.  I know the move there is ultimately Kody's fault and so I don't 100% blame the women for this ridiculous situation, but wow, what a mess.  These people never learn.  They are almost like a modern day version of "The Beverly Hillbillies".  It's like they never become as sophisticated as they would need to be to live in the real world.  But they're even worse because unlike the Hillbillies, they THINK they're sophisticated and plus they have GOD on their side!   It's a really dangerous combination!  Bad decisions!

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Meri has had to move twice, once right after mostly moving in because the owner didn't want to rent to plygs.

That was never stated, just implied. It was more likely that the renter and/or the neighbors were not going to put up with the filming and the extra vehicles from the TLC crew parked all over their street.

Otherwise, good summary.  And it gook how many episodes to spin this incredibly boring non-story?

• Love 8

I don't know if it is right for me to post the addresses, but if you go to the whitepages website and put in Kody Brown it will give you the addresses for Robyn's house and Janelle's rental.  Then put in Meri Brown and you will get Meri's rental address.  Make sure you click the white view full details box, not the blue view full report box.  Take those addresses and put them in Zillow.

Edited by smarty2020
  • Useful 5
3 minutes ago, answerphone said:

I'd like to know how they're handling social distancing right now.

Oh, I'm sure that as soon as god settles their real estate issues, he'll take over any health problems.  He's on call to the Brown Clowns you know.  Talks to them all of the time.

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, answerphone said:

I'd like to know how they're handling social distancing right now.

Robyn is just sittin' there. Christine is making aigs and singink. Mykeltip is selling polyester shirts on facebook. Meri is the best at it - she is, after all, On Her Own. Janelle is praying that the drive-throughs stay open but is relieved the gym has closed. Kody? Anyone's guess.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Robyn is just sittin' there. Christine is making aigs and singink. Mykeltip is selling polyester shirts on facebook. Meri is the best at it - she is, after all, On Her Own. Janelle is praying that the drive-throughs stay open but is relieved the gym has closed. Kody? Anyone's guess.

Kody is fluffing his feathers in Robyn's nest, relieved that he can direct his tribe via facetime from the comfort of his easy chair, without feeling any remorse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 3/14/2020 at 4:31 PM, crimson23 said:

There is no other way to say it. Meri is a selfish hag.  Every house we have seen her in, including Vegas is wasteful.    Meri is one person, she can get an apartment or small house.  Then you have Christine, smart enough to buy, because IMO rent is a waste of money, especially at those rental prices.   Janelle is perfectly happy in her modest rental.  Robyn worried about down payment money taking away from the family.  And then there is Meri draining the funds and everything from the family.  Its selfish and sinful 

I’d usually agree with you - that renting is a waste of money but I think financial experts say that it’s better to rent if you know that you’re moving in five years or less - you don’t see sufficient appreciation in the property usually to make back the closing costs. I can’t understand why any of them bought houses if they genuinely believe they are moving in two years. There are plenty of rentals - just not plenty of six bedroom rentals. 

I think they have lousy money management skills and it’s only a matter of time before all the financial shenanigans catch up with them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Kody is fluffing his feathers in Robyn's nest, relieved that he can direct his tribe via facetime from the comfort of his easy chair, without feeling any remorse.

Kodouch’s life of isolation. My guess...8C909C3C-5FDB-405D-8BDA-54B1BE383DA8.thumb.jpeg.4364da53fef713b3556670a2a5b2c998.jpeg

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Putting his curlers in

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 3/15/2020 at 8:24 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think they have lousy money management skills and it’s only a matter of time before all the financial shenanigans catch up with them.

I understand the moving within a few years reason to rent.  That makes sense. And yes, they seemed to be forced to take creative financing because of their credit history.  But for a normal person  lol  there are better options than balloon payments.  We took out a 15 year loan and saw equity sooner than the 30. 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, crimson23 said:

I understand the moving within a few years reason to rent.  That makes sense. And yes, they seemed to be forced to take creative financing because of their credit history.  But for a normal person  lol  there are better options than balloon payments.  We took out a 15 year loan and saw equity sooner than the 30. 

Yep - but that requires a down payment and much higher monthly payments, which I think the Browns can’t afford. I think they live almost entirely on credit.

• Love 10

Just throwing this out there -- but if Kody and Krew get another season on TLC, I wonder if 1 topic we'll hear over and over about is the coronavirus pandemic--and specifically how the "no gatherings larger than 10 people" rule is so terribly unfair to plyg families who tend to be larger than 10 people.... We monogamists just don't understand the struggles!

Edited by kimaken
grammar matters
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

So I went to Instagram to see what our intrepid quintuple are up to but couldn’t remember any of their account names. So I searched under the tag sisterwivestlc and found this gem. I, too,got my husband to watch but probably not for the same reason as you LOL #amazingshow dontcha know!

4826CC61-352F-42C9-991C-4049A8434303.jpeg

I can barely make it through one episode. How the hell is this girl marathoning an entire season in a week? I’m pretty sure my brain would melt.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 3/19/2020 at 11:28 PM, dreadfulLeigh said:

I can barely make it through one episode. How the hell is this girl marathoning an entire season in a week? I’m pretty sure my brain would melt.

I re-watched probably the first 6 - 7 seasons over a few months in the fall and early winter. After the early catfishing episodes, I just stopped. I  couldn't stand to watch all that repetitive stuff (and births/weddings) again. It had been a much longer time since I'd seen the early seasons so I found that interesting, but lost interest in the more recent seasons. I did watch the Hawaii trip where Mykelti told Christine she and Tony were discussing marriage - and where Kody lost it over parking cars at a restaurant, but I think that's where I stopped.

As others have noted, it's pretty fascinating to watch the changes from the beginning to the later seasons. And everyone's behavior in the couch sessions.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I re-watched probably the first 6 - 7 seasons over a few months in the fall and early winter. After the early catfishing episodes, I just stopped. I  couldn't stand to watch all that repetitive stuff (and births/weddings) again. It had been a much longer time since I'd seen the early seasons so I found that interesting, but lost interest in the more recent seasons. I did watch the Hawaii trip where Mykelti told Christine she and Tony were discussing marriage - and where Kody lost it over parking cars at a restaurant, but I think that's where I stopped.

As others have noted, it's pretty fascinating to watch the changes from the beginning to the later seasons. And everyone's behavior in the couch sessions.

Kody was particularly manic on that Hawaiian trip, it's also where he totally went nutso on Logan for partaking of pork.

His OTT actions probably stemmed from his realization of just where they stood in TLC importance when he assessed the amenities of the accommodations they were provided on that trip.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

His OTT actions probably stemmed from his realization of just where they stood in TLC importance when he assessed the amenities of the accommodations they were provided on that trip.

I thoroughly agree.  Khate Gosselin and the LPBW folks got nice hotels (with restaurants), vow renewals, etc.  I did my first zipline because Matt Roloff did it!!!  

Kody and his Krew got the equivalent of an off-season church campground and "find your own places to eat."

Bottom line is, I think each group was probably given a similar budget for the Hawaiian vacation.  It costs a lot more to feed and house FOUR (did you know he had four?) wives and over 20 children.  So - because we ALL know they didn't have any of their own money to kick in - they got what they could afford on the TLC budget amount.  And Kody did NOT like being treated like a monogamist, living within a budget.

• Love 15

I vaguely remember the Hawaii trip and the bargain basement accommodations, but hell, when you take 23 or so people along, that’s what you get.  I remember Kody being in the vilest of moods and thinking that they wasted the Hawaiian Isles on them.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I remember Kody being in the vilest of moods and thinking that they wasted the Hawaiian Isles on them.

I bet the Hawaiians were happy to see the back end of them as well. He acted like a complete ass.

• Love 16
(edited)

And they drove ~13 vehicles to the restaurant, so half the episode was of harried Kootie parking in the tiny lot and complaining.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

Sorry, can’t remember who wrote “rollypolly lesser sister wives” but I’m still laughing. After spitting water out my nose.  You guys are the best!

"But I can understand how people would rather watch Danai Gurira do that, than Moonface Brown and the Roly Poly Lesser Wives."    <~~~JocelynCavanaugh, on the Robyn vs Kody board.

I also loved "Moonface Brown" although my favorite description will always be the "Queen of Darkness", lol.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3