Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E10: Blood of a Blindside

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

WartHog flinches. Blame it on the butterfly. 

Did Aurora mention being in the foster care system before and I missed it? I’ve worked with some at-risk kids who spent their entire lives going from home to home. It is hard for them in social situations and camp at Survivor would be 10 times as brutal.

I want to lop off Joe’s manbun. The long mane Johnny Depp wannabe look isn’t any better. And the sourpuss look on Kelly’s face. I really hate returning players mixed in with newbies.

Dang if David didn’t find the advantage! Glad he used it how he did.

These episodes where they cram two immunity challenges and tribal councils into one hour bore me to sleep.

Bye Kelly, won’t miss ya.

• Love 12

I knew David was a goner at that TC.  After tonight I’m still rooting for the chickens, Aurora, and now the butterfly, as the final 3.  This is seriously one of the most unlikable groups ever.

I hope Aurora does get a second chance one day.  I think she knows this game and could play it well, she just needs better execution and to keep things to herself.  Given another shot I think she’d do well.   

Julie is just terrible at this game.  Wonder if she’ll have a meltdown next week since the vote didn’t go the way she voted.  She can’t make a decision by herself and can’t take it when the game goes off the rails. 

I hate to say this, but I kind of think Wardog deserves to win.

I hate to say I agree with you, but I have to say he's playing probably the best game out there.

• Love 19

An immunity challenge before the first commercial break??  Ugh, that “mountain of pizza” looked absolutely disgusting.  I’m sure if I’d been out there as long as they had been, it would look like ambrosia, but…looking at it on TV?  Not so much.

A butterfly cost Wardog his chance at immunity!!!  *dies laughing*

So David found the advantage (my first thought when I read that clue was, “search the caves,” although I can’t blame the others for trying to read more into it than that).  From the way the clue read, I thought that David would get to choose what advantage he sent to Rick—an extra vote or something like that.  But I guess I didn’t hear right.

You know, since no one seems to think there are any idols on the island because none had been played and the only advantages had come from Extinction Island, I wonder how fast Lauren will go looking for the idol that has now been nullified by Kelley getting blindsided from the game with an idol in her bag.  She’s the only one who knows for sure that there might be one out there (well, except for everyone on Extinction Island, thanks to Kelley…)

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 7

Really surprised Kelley got voted out with the idol in her pocket. I expect that kind of mistake from Aubry but not Kelley. Really surprised she felt that comfortable considering she herself knew how unpredictable Wardog was, back when they were still in Lesu.

And she admitted to getting a weird vibe. But kudos to Wardog. He's annoying but dude is playing, that's for sure. And honestly, I'm just happy the three got broken up because to be honest, while David was obviously just fighting to stay in, his argument of how dangerous it was to keep a tight group of three in the game, did make a lot of sense.

People break up duos, why in the hell would you let a group of three get by, who were always voting together? But luckily for them, Wardog is playing a very Tony game so he's loyal to no one. 

eta: Also, I hope Aurora knows she's not getting that advantage back from Ron. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11

Warthog is exceeding Tony V. on the "survivor I despise most" list and is approaching the Hantz level.

BUT, I'm glad Kelly is off to EoI and Warthog is exposed.

No snarling Reem greetings.  Damn  🙂

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

Hmm -- I don't thing Kelley should have told them about Lauren having an idol.  Might not matter, but one of those guys will be getting back in the game, at some point.  

• Love 16
1 minute ago, mishap said:

Hmm -- I don't thing Kelley should have told them about Lauren having an idol.  Might not matter, but one of those guys will be getting back in the game, at some point.  

And that’s why I don’t like Kelly, never have. She plays dirty.

• Love 10

For an hour that was filled with two TCs, it was a pretty boring episode. Glad to see Kelly leave with an idol in her pocket. 

I can't stand Wardog but I agree he's playing a good game. 

• Love 9

Oh and I guess we should prepare for another Julie meltdown next week since once again she was left out of a blindside. And this one, Ron was in on it and didn't tell her. Oh it's going to be a mess. 

eta: I am also well beyond Edge of Extinction. Reem for example has been out of the game almost for as long as the season's been going on. What possible game can she really even play if she somehow manages to get back in?

She has no connections with anyone left anymore, none of the former Kamas know her and hell old Lesu members barely do since she was eliminated so early. It's just stupid at this point. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, mishap said:

Good point, but I don't know if Kelly was thinking about that. That kind of reveal is the sort of thing you see on Pondorosa when people are out of the game and immediately start confessing things.  It seemed careless more than malicious.

I can't believe Aurora really gave Ron her extra vote. 

• Love 13

I thought the first half was deadly dull. If only David and Rick hadn't burned their buddy idol at the previous Tribal.

Things got more interesting with the Wentworth vote, but now I'm all worried freaking Wardog will win. Bleh.  Can't believe Wenthworth's Survivor Spidey senses weren't tingling with all the talk about being "too comfortable."

The thing now is I don't have any favorites still in the game, and I think I would rather watch a whole show of Extinction Isle rather than the actual show.

• Love 11

I think Wardog is playing a good 5th or 6th place game.  His problem IMO is that he is too visible.  Everyone knows he's behind these big moves.  Can't see them taking him to the end: they feel his 'resume' is too strong.  And unless he's been faking it all season, he has no chance of winning challenges when it counts.  

Excellent strategic move to take out Kelley.  Bet Wardog goes pretty soon afterward though. 

btw, the challenge beast of this season outside Joe is Aurora.  Strong, great balance, iron control and focus.  Several episodes ago during a team RC, she looked like a fish clipping through the water. 

• Love 21

Was pretty dumb of Aurora to give her extra vote to Ron and say he gets it if she gets voted out. Who did that once and did get voted out? 

Just now, Lamima said:

Was pretty dumb of Aurora to give her extra vote to Ron and say he gets it if she gets voted out. Who did that once and did get voted out? With help from person she gave her advantage to.

• Love 5

This season is really bringing home how it takes some strategic skill to know when to play a hidden idol. It's really interesting that the vets (Aubry, David, and Kelly) have all messed that up.

• Love 5

So Aurora can take her advantage back, right?  It was hers, she just gave it to Ron for safe keeping if she came back into the game.  I'm hoping so, because I don't want this to foreshadow to Ron using that to vote Aurora out.  I just remember when Sarah gave Cirie her advantage during GC and Cirie tried to use it, Jeff said she wasn't allowed to.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Still not caring . . . and now the series is just a way to kill sixty minutes before The Amazing Race, a show I care about.

I just wish to verify: all four returning players are on EoE, right? That's funny. I don't think EoE is working, though. There should be incentive to leave the game. Yes, the million dollars is hard to beat, but you would be putting yourself in an environment worse than the one you were in, you'd have to face down people who are equally suffering, and I don't think anybody that's been voted off has ever come back to win in that same season. Of course only two people have bailed out by now.

Also funny: David arriving at EoE and getting the gift to give to what's-his-name. The others have been there for days . . . weeks in some cases. And they don't equate "hollow" and "jagged" with the rocks?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

Someone once told someone (and I think it was 2 ladies) that they were gifting them their advantage when they got voted out and that person voted them out. I want to say it was Sarah who did the voting out for the advantage. It was someone I didn't like.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Ugh, that “mountain of pizza” looked absolutely disgusting.

These two posts ITA!! It was like it had been sitting in the sun for hours already and was just a soggy disgusting heap. The telltale sign was that at the end of the challenge they showed the pile whihc one would think would be gone but there was still like half left! Gross.

24 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

That could be the ugliest pizza I have ever seen.  Makes Dominos look good.

JFTR I belive that Wentworth was covered at that time by the previews rule? Yes?? So we shouldn't be talking about it. But I'm not a mod nor do I play one on teevee. I just know some people's toes curl backwards when they hear about preview info.

I'm not happy that this time we voted TWO people out but neither of them are gone even after being voted out. This season sucks.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5

Survivor and The Amazing Race - one right after the other! Just bliss.

Right after Aurora won the immunity challenge I saw Wardog Peacekitty looking at her with a sparkle in his eye, like he thought she was hot or something. He is playing a good game. Now I'm wondering if he's really as much of a klutz as we're seeing.

The Kelley blindside was decent. And she joins Aubry at Extinction with an idol. Nice to see Rick crush the second immunity challenge.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mishap said:

When did this happen? Who did she tell? I watched the whole show and don’t remember this at all. 

• Love 1

So the only person this season to vote correctly at every tribal council she attended this season is Victoria. She has also voted out all 4 returnees. She has been successful voting with the numbers all game long and has yet to register as a threat. I think she and Rick are currently playing the best games right now. The Warthog maybe be playing the most aggressive flashy game but I agree with the poster above I don't see him getting to the end, I see him getting taken out sometime in the next few votes.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 12

My show thoughts:

If I ever meet Wardog, I am going to make him sit in a room listening to a tape of "Thou shalt not refer to oneself in the third person" for 24 hours. 

Holy crap, even BUTTERFLIES hate Wardog! I've never seen an attack butterfly before.

I am not Team Julie but I agree, who lets Wardog run things??

This new thing of announcing who is the target at Tribal cracks me up.

I'm glad Rick Devins won. I'm glad to see an advantage actually pay off. Usually it's so anti-climactic.

ok, STOP GOING HOME WITH IDOLS IN YOUR POCKETS, PEOPLE. Wentworth HAD to know she was a target. She always was.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I'm sort of shocked that the two-fer episode was eliminating two returning players, but it sort of harkens back to the Christian boot from David vs Goliath in that when someone has a big edit, they don't need a "big" boot episode.

I think Wardog's playing a Russell Hantz game with only a modicum more finesse than Russell. Just because you control everything doesn't mean you're well-liked. He's an Ox more than a Fox if we're talking player archetypes.

How much we see Edge of Extinction from here on out is going to tell us a lot about the potential endgame, I think.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

WartHog flinches. Blame it on the butterfly. 

Funny if he'd been like Big Brother Paulie and broken down in tears.

The butterfly was probably looking for a shortcut - flying in one ear and out the other.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

Random thoughts on episode 10 "Double Play"

• Two out.  No, wait, check the replay.  Both are still safely aboard.
  • There are two guys on EoE that I'm fairly sure are different people, but I'm not positive.
  • Who double (war) dog dared him to take out Kelley?

Will the finale in mid-May end up being just a mid-season finale with Part II "The EoE Loser's Bracket" running in the fall?  All but two of the original Survivors are still there, and the show doesn't seem to want any of these less-than-extraordinary cast members to leave for some reason.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

All but two of the original Survivors are still there, and the show doesn't seem to want any of these less-than-extraordinary cast members to leave for some reason.

Maybe it's a budget thing.  Costs a lot of money to provide all that free food and drink at Ponderosa, so TPTB just parks the lot of them on EoE and lets them starve a little longer.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 7

In one episode (and not even a double episode mind you) The Amazing Race pulled into a tie with Survivor: Island of Monotony by eliminating two contestants. I can't believe we are still dealing with that twist, I thought for sure it would fizzle like a bad Big Brother twist, but now there are more people there than in the game right? Ridiculous.

I'm sure "Wardog" appreciates people saying he's SO bad at every type of challenge that he must be throwing them, then I remember watching him actually throw and think he really is just that bad. I mean, this one he lost focus because of a butterfly.

• Love 4

There are currently 8 players on EOE and 8 players still left in the game.  But lets not get too carried away with this only 1 of those people will actually return to the game.

• Love 1

So glad to see Kelley's hubris finally bite her in the ass.  I couldn't believe she was complaining about Aurora winning immunity when she chose to sit the challenge out to eat questionable pizza.  I had nothing against her going into the season, but her entitled attitude this season really put me off.

I find it interesting that despite being the first out in many of the challenges, Jeff never berates Warthog the way he has other contestants over the years.  I guess in Jeff's book, you just need to look/act the part to avoid being harassed.  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

JFTR I belive that Wentworth was covered at that time by the previews rule? Yes?? So we shouldn't be talking about it. But I'm not a mod nor do I play one on teevee. I just know some people's toes curl backwards when they hear about preview info.

That wasn't a preview.

1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

When did this happen? Who did she tell? I watched the whole show and don’t remember this at all. 

They showed Kelley arriving on the island and talking about Lauren having the other idol at the end of the show and BEFORE the previews.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

This was perhaps the dullest episode of Survivor I’ve ever seen. OK, there were 2 blindsides, but they were handled in a fairly predictable manner. I can’t even find anything to snark at.  And that means no fun in the Helens household.

Please, Joe, just show up with a parrot on your shoulder one of these weeks. I mean... right?

• LOL 9
  • Love 9

The David vote was predictable, but Kelley going stunned me. I didn't want her to go. She should have played her idol because I thought she knew her name was coming up. Good on Wardog for making a big move. 

I'm liking Aurora. Felt bad for her when she got upset about everyone going off together, and being left alone, and about being in the foster care system. She knows how to play this game, and I believe she is a competitor. 

Lauren, please use your idol wisely. Don't know why Kelley told the people on EOE about that.

• Love 7

Now that the old timers are gone, I am not sure who the players are, who is friends and voting blocks, and I don't seem to care this season. 

The challenges are same o, same o. Got to break some pottery. So why did the potteries have fire in them? 

I'd love to see the dudes and dudettes have to solve the same sudoku for immunity. 

Never has so much pizza looked so vile and disgusting and inedible.  

Maybe I had become too dependent on Ponderosa which I have found that I really miss.  

• Love 3

I do not like BattleMutt one bit. The rest either annoy me or bore me. This season has been a bust. Jury island might be interesting, but I dislike it on principle since no one gets voted out now they have to quit. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I went back and watched the ending because I was curious who voted for who.  I thought Gavin was a Wentworth vote, but he voted Aurora.  So it’s interesting tonight in that it was the outcasts (Rick and Aurora), Wardog, and then Ron and Victoria. 

I think I’m more curious what led Victoria to flip, unless it was to break up the trio, which is what she’s wanted to do.  But where does everyone go from here?  I can see this working one of two ways for Wardog.  He gets voted out for being unpredictable and disloyal.  Or, he goes to the end, and loses for being a flip flopper.

• Love 1