Type keyword(s) to search

S11 E21: Reunion Part I

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

How does she keep getting work?  I didn't watch her in Glee or New Normal.  Is she any good as an actor, or is she cast because of name familiarity? 

Nene’s not a good actress. A scene from How High 2 was recently released and she’s in it. She was herself x10. Very awkward to watch.

I watched an adorable made for television Christmas movie last year that starred Kandi and Kandi is a far better actress.

35 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I generally really like Cynthia and I am glad she's happy but that hashtag is terrible. 

I think she’s just genuinely happy for the first time in a while. Her marriage to Peter was no cakewalk and now she’s with a seemingly mature and well-adjusted man who wants to marry her. She’s cheesy, but I don’t think it’s a big deal. 

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The first thing I thought when she said it was that Eva was talking smack about Shamea's skin color.  I think Eva said Shamea was black but not black with a Q. 

Shamari and Eva are about the same complexion. So, I have no idea why colorism was brought up by Kandi.  If Shamari was dark chocolate and Eva made a slick comment about it, then Kandi would have been fine to be upset. I sided with Eva on this, Eva was right to be upset by the accusation.  Colorism is complex and Andy's show the wrong place to have that type of discussion.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Shamea and Eva are about the same complexion. So, I have no idea why colorism was brought up by Kandi.  If Shamea was dark chocolate and Eva made a slick comment about it, then Kandi would have been fine to be upset. I sided with Eva on this, Eva was right to be upset by the accusation.  Colorism is complex and Andy is the wrong person to discuss something like that. 

Not really.   I'm with you though, I still don't think it was a colorism jab.   One of her responses, that colorism exists in every culture, was just weird (it that's not what she was going for).     

image.png.9e207be7015b928193413fb4839af717.png

21.jpg

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Not really.   I'm with you though, I still don't think it was a colorism jab.   One of her responses, that colorism exists in every culture, was just weird (it that's not what she was going for).     

image.png.9e207be7015b928193413fb4839af717.png

21.jpg

I meant Shamari not Shamea… I misspelled her name..lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Cynthia is around the same age as Nene and nobody is calling her old and bitter (Eva, being the youngest housewife did come for Cynthia's age, though).  Nene is being called old and bitter because she is old and bitter. She's walking around with a nasty attitude like she has the knowledge, she's the Big Sis, like she's the only one who knows anything.  If Porsha is a blimp despite being 9 months pregnant, then Nene is old and bitter. #bloop

Maybe, still I've never seen someone being called "young and bitter."  bloop, bloop.  Nene being bitter has nothing to do with her age, it's because she's over the show and can't even act like she's enjoying herself.  To me Nene's  just a nasty and bitter person, nothing to do with age at all.  It someone called Nene a "nasty black woman," people would object, "what does her being black have to do with her being nasty?"  Same thing regarding age.

My favorite part of the reunion was seeing Porsha so happy.  She really went through a lot, but maybe going through all of that made her a better person.  

But I'm still not watching her special, it even looks stupid.

I think Kandi was trying to start shit when she accused Eva of colorism.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

A friend of mine makes t-shirts.  If you see this blow up in a few months, I don't want you to get upset.  I'm not cutting you a check.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd7SmwWXXd3eagDmSH6sy

soooo.....?  you think the woman who called her husband for permission to go to a strip club on a bachelorette party weekend, then ultimately didn't go because he objected......slept and conceived a child with someone else while they were married? 

{whining} which is how my perpetual thought bubble is:  what are still doing interacting with this grown ass baby for.  Ya'll living your best lives, ain't goin back and forth with her.   

image.png.7a6b4d6061f07fe26264f5a7f7ba858f.png

Yeah I vote this isn't ageism either.  Doesn't strike me a literal description more than just a fitting conjoiner adjective.  She's acting like a resentful, entitled old ass muffucah.  See? it flows.  Lol

I am quoting Porsha.  Porsha is beautiful and looks like a lot of fun....but, she is fake.

Porsha is the type of person that changes to imitate the crowd she is in.  When Porsha was with Phaedra .....look at what she did to Kandi.

Every season....Porsha is a brand new person.

Porsha is out there trying to save the hookers, drug dealers, the lesbians........she should have gone to the strip joint with her bible! 

“I wanted children,” Porsha tearfully told her psychologist, Dr. Blake, while discussing her messy divorce.

“A doctor said, ‘Porsha, I’m concerned. You’re supposed to be pregnant by now,’ and I was actually too embarrassed to even tell the doctor ‘I’m not pregnant because my husband hasn’t really been trying.’

“I put on my lingerie, I worked out, I kept my body up and I felt like, hey, ‘What is going on?’” she fumed.

In the therapy session, Porsha also admitted that Kordell was more of a father figure than a husband. Porsha, whose father died when she was 17, admitted she had played a role with the former football player.

“I thought we could fake it ’til we make it,” she told Dr. Blake.

“I was living a lie,” Porsha told the cameras, saying Kordell was a whole different person behind closed doors.

“I need to start living for me,” she concluded.

However, Dr. Blake was shocked when she saw Porsha was still wearing her wedding ring.

“When you take off the ring that you were going to wear for the rest of your life, then it’s final,” the crying beauty explained. “So I thought maybe I’d keep it on until it’s finished.”

Later, some of Porsha’s RHOA co-stars met her for lunch to show their support while she goes through her bitter divorce from Kordell.

“Right now, it’s not easy,” Porsha admitted to the group.

Porsha — who has previously made gay insinuations about Kordell and even implied domestic abuse — told the ladies that she had to ask her husband for grocery money and, “I became the oldest child in the house.”

https://youtu.be/v1RvD4DLJOY

• Love 2
7 hours ago, artisto said:

Interesting...

They filmed a pilot...

Couldn't find any info on whether it has been picked up as a series...

https://deadline.com/2019/02/marley-shelton-nene-leakes-david-fynn-pop-pilots-ride-or-die-best-intentions-castings-1202560683/

3 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

How does she keep getting work?  I didn't watch her in Glee or New Normal.  Is she any good as an actor, or is she cast because of name familiarity? 

She's really not much of an actress. She seems to excel at playing characters who are slight variations of herself. And it's just a pilot. Someone needs to remind her of Hieroglyph. Who? Hieroglyph. What? Hieroglyph was a Fox show that received a 13 episode order from the start before the pilot ever aired, before any episode ever aired, and then was canceled as they were filming episode 3 or 4. Fox never aired a single episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Her eye-rolling and sarcasm got old real fast.  Surprised that the women haven't asked her why she even wants to be on the show anymore, or would that question be allowed?

Porsha was surprisingly funny.

Liked Kandi's dress but there was too much going on with her hair.  Nene looked good  -- simple black works for her.  Eva's dress wore her.  Shemari looked fine.  Cynthia's dress wasn't very high fashion, but she looked fine.

Nene can't act. I've only seen clips of her work (and I don't think there's any need to see more than that), but her acting is basically her personality that you see in her THs. Anything beyond 'herself', you see her struggle to emote via her facial expressions and speech.

She gets work because she has an agent that actively pursues projects on her behalf and can use her existing platform as part of her resume. Many HWs don't branch into acting simply because they don't really care to.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Irritable said:

Nene won’t support anyone who doesn’t support her, which to her is, “but what have you done for me LATELY?” Sure, you’ve been super supportive in the past, but you’ve had opportunities to kiss my ass recently and did not kiss it thoroughly enough, so I am done with you. 

We are watching the long, slow crash and burn of a malignant narcissist... eventually the narcissist loses the charming facade, everyone gets wise, exits, and the narcissist ends up alone. I would not be shocked at all if NeNe has no one left in a few years, when her well has run dry and there is no reason to put up with her nastiness anymore.

Good for Porsha for letting it all roll off and just sitting in her own happiness. 

I love Porsha.

(edited)

But she's the glue holding the cast together?

It's almost like Nene conveniently forgot that she wasn't a cast member on seasons 8 & 9 and the show did just fine.  😂

According to each seasons Wikipedia page that lists the reported viewers for every single episode....

• Season 8 had 2-3 million viewers each episode (leaning heavily to 3 million more often)
  • Season 9 averaged 2 million viewers each episode
  • Season 10 (when Nene returned) did not see a spike in viewers and stayed around 2 million per episode, and even dipped to 1 million viewers on non-reunion/recap episodes. 

So really Nene, nobody needs your "glue" to hold the cast together. 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 18

“A doctor said, ‘Porsha, I’m concerned. You’re supposed to be pregnant by now,’ and I was actually too embarrassed to even tell the doctor ‘I’m not pregnant because my husband hasn’t really been trying.’

“I put on my lingerie, I worked out, I kept my body up and I felt like, hey, ‘What is going on?’” she fumed.

Eh, disinterest in sex ≠ gay. Kordell was over Porsha and that trickled down to the lack of sex. There's a lot to get at Porsha over, but I don't suspect infidelity.

I thought everyone's makeup looked great, but the outfits were hit or miss. Eva's being the most egregious. She had nerve coming for Shamari's dress. Eva's dress overwhelmed her. Eva's a model, but she's short. Maybe Cynthia could've pulled it off, but then again, I don't know. The dress was ugly. 

Oooh, y'all, can we talk about Mama Dennis unsurprisingly getting all up in Porsha and Dennis' relationship? I wouldn't be surprised if the prenup talks got hot because of his mother. We might have another mama Joyce situation, here.

I'm glad the ladies paid NeNe in dust. That's the best way to handle petulance. Ignore it.

• Love 17
20 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The Rooneys are very big on players who are sort of quiet not flashy decent people. The players that they loved were the ones who brought their moms and grandmas to games. My cousin who was a pretty decent college player, but a fairly mediocre professional player was drafted and kept on the Steelers largely because he went to summer camp with the Rooneys' grandchildren. They wouldn't have helped cover up a prostitution arrest. Anyway, the park where he was allegedly arrested isn't particularly close to any place where one would go to hire a prostitute, trans or not. Furthermore, it would mean that you'd have to drive from a place where you picked up the prostitute, drive a decent distance, and park in front of a park that's in a pretty nice area of town where your car would absolutely be noticed by police late at night. None of it makes a lick of sense. If it's a baseless rumor, then it doesn't have to make sense.

Then I have a LOT of questions about Big Ben and why he was allowed to still play for people who demanded quit players.

I have some sympathy for Nene because people who are sick are assholes.  Not even gonna sugarcoat it.  My mother is since she's been diagnosed as a diabetic and when she gets into a mood...watch the fuck out.  I get they have issues because suddenly they aren't able to do all the things they were able to do before.  And knowing you're sick is quite a mind fuck but I have no problem believing her when she says Gregg was an asshole this season.  And I also don't mind the fact that she aired it out on Twitter.  Her marriage has morphed into an abusive one considering Gregg has become emotionally and verbally abusive towards her.  Asking her to keep it quiet or not to speak about it because it's personal is the same thing as asking a woman who's getting slapped not to say anything because you keep that shit in the family.  Verbal abuse and physical abuse...IMO...are no different.  And in many ways verbal abuse is worse because there are no bruises to show anyone.  She can scream about Gregg's asshole behavior all she wants because from where I sit maybe it people knew how he was treating her he would think twice when he is having a frustrating day.

That being said, her attitude was unnecessary and it has been all season.  She clearly wants sympathy and I get it but this isn't the way to go about it.  She's demanding support and it just makes her look petty.  She was a wet blanket last night and instead of just moving on when she realized the other women weren't paying attention to it, she just dug in deeper.  Her answers to questions made no sense and she acted annoyed whenever anyone spoke to her.  

But I do agree with her that Cynthia's hashtag is insecure.  Look, you're happy and that's fine.  But I've always subscribed to the belief that the mark of a healthy relationship is no sign of it on social media and well...creating your own hashtag is thirsty.  She's happy and it's clear but who does she think she needs to convince?  If I had to guess I'd say she wants to rub Peter's face in her happiness a bit.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

What was everyone's take on Eva's off color joke (pun intended) about Porsha's friend not being Black with a "Q?" I admit that the first time I heard it I just thought it was about Shamia not being a singer or in a girl group because hey, weren't they at the BlaQue concert supporting Shamari when it was said? It wasn't until Kandi said it might be colorist did that cross my mind. 

I thought Eva was just attempting to make a funny joke, playing on the name of the group Blaque, that ended up being kind of lame because it didn't make much sense. And because it didn't make much sense, I think Kandi kinda twisted it into a colorism insult, maybe thinking that Black with a "Q" implied a fancier, more regal black person who would probably have lighter skin. That doesn't make much sense, either, but it's the only thing I could think of that would make Kandi see colorism.

Anyway, not much else to say. I agree with most everyone re: Nene.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, outofbounds said:

Then I have a LOT of questions about Big Ben and why he was allowed to still play for people who demanded quit players.

I have some sympathy for Nene because people who are sick are assholes.  Not even gonna sugarcoat it.  My mother is since she's been diagnosed as a diabetic and when she gets into a mood...watch the fuck out.  I get they have issues because suddenly they aren't able to do all the things they were able to do before.  And knowing you're sick is quite a mind fuck but I have no problem believing her when she says Gregg was an asshole this season.  And I also don't mind the fact that she aired it out on Twitter.  Her marriage has morphed into an abusive one considering Gregg has become emotionally and verbally abusive towards her.  Asking her to keep it quiet or not to speak about it because it's personal is the same thing as asking a woman who's getting slapped not to say anything because you keep that shit in the family.  Verbal abuse and physical abuse...IMO...are no different.  And in many ways verbal abuse is worse because there are no bruises to show anyone.  She can scream about Gregg's asshole behavior all she wants because from where I sit maybe it people knew how he was treating her he would think twice when he is having a frustrating day.

That being said, her attitude was unnecessary and it has been all season.  She clearly wants sympathy and I get it but this isn't the way to go about it.  She's demanding support and it just makes her look petty.  She was a wet blanket last night and instead of just moving on when she realized the other women weren't paying attention to it, she just dug in deeper.  Her answers to questions made no sense and she acted annoyed whenever anyone spoke to her.  

But I do agree with her that Cynthia's hashtag is insecure.  Look, you're happy and that's fine.  But I've always subscribed to the belief that the mark of a healthy relationship is no sign of it on social media and well...creating your own hashtag is thirsty.  She's happy and it's clear but who does she think she needs to convince?  If I had to guess I'd say she wants to rub Peter's face in her happiness a bit.

Being an asshole is not verbal abuse. Being demanding is not verbal abuse. Being grumpy and difficult is not verbal abuse. Greg may be all of those things but they do not make him verbally abusive. We have seen no evidence of that. And just because Nene said it does not make it true. 

Similarly Porsha and Kordell. Just because Porsha, the woman who had just been publicly humiliated, intimated that Kordell is gay, doesn’t make it true. 

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Smacky55 said:

Being an asshole is not verbal abuse. Being demanding is not verbal abuse. Being grumpy and difficult is not verbal abuse. Greg may be all of those things but they do not make him verbally abusive. We have seen no evidence of that. And just because Nene said it does not make it true. 

Well being an asshole can be verbal abuse, especially if that asshole calls you a fucking bitch.   That can happen, sick people can do that and I believe women have been told to "suffer in silence" all the fucking time.  Fuck that.

However, Nene acted like she didn't want to be on the show, she acts like she's over the show.  Nene, if you don't want to be on the show, there's the door.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Well being an asshole can be verbal abuse, especially if that asshole calls you a fucking bitch.   That can happen, sick people can do that and I believe women have been told to "suffer in silence" all the fucking time.  Fuck that.

However, Nene acted like she didn't want to be on the show, she acts like she's over the show.  Nene, if you don't want to be on the show, there's the door.

But it's not an abuse crusade when the women call each other effing b's, which they do all the time?

3 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

But it's not an abuse crusade when the women call each other effing b's, which they do all the time?

But I think it's different when the person you're married to is calling you names.

I don't think most of these women are very close to each other.  That's why Kandi and Porsha can joke about not following each other on Instagram.

1 hour ago, Smacky55 said:

Similarly Porsha and Kordell. Just because Porsha, the woman who had just been publicly humiliated, intimated that Kordell is gay, doesn’t make it true. 

He has admitted to his behavior and has apologized to her for it.  While Nene may be hypocritical I'm not about the victim blaming that goes on when a woman states the abuse.  And well I dunno about you but no one who I would deem an asshole is sweet as pie and speaking rainbows and puppies now are they?

1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

What Nene does to other people does not make what has happened to her any less true.  What is being said here is that women who endure abuse can only be saints who have never treated anyone else badly nor done anything nefarious otherwise they deserve what they get.

Look, I'm not going to sit here and lecture on abuse.  Clearly there are different viewpoints and that's fine.  But as Kandi said there are certain things in the black community that aren't discussed...and abuse is one of those.  So I am not judging anyone here for their views but I am judging Cynthia and those who told her it was personal and she should keep it off social media.  They are on TV.  That's sending a message to other black women.  Whether or not Cynthia believes Nene isn't the issue at hand from where I sit.  To me, her stating that made her look just as petty as Nene was being because she was doing it to dig the knife in (which Cynthia does...just a little more stealthily than the others do).  There are other women who watch this show and she should tow the line as far as abuse is concerned which is....never EVER EVER EVER tell a woman to keep quiet about it.  Period.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, outofbounds said:

I have some sympathy for Nene because people who are sick are assholes.  Not even gonna sugarcoat it.  My mother is since she's been diagnosed as a diabetic and when she gets into a mood...watch the fuck out.  I get they have issues because suddenly they aren't able to do all the things they were able to do before.  And knowing you're sick is quite a mind fuck but I have no problem believing her when she says Gregg was an asshole this season.  And I also don't mind the fact that she aired it out on Twitter.  Her marriage has morphed into an abusive one considering Gregg has become emotionally and verbally abusive towards her.

35 minutes ago, Smacky55 said:

Here’s my take on all of the mess that is Nene and Gregg. Yes, Gregg has probably been awful to be around because he’s probably taking things out on Nene because that’s who he is closest to. And someone so sick can be a total asshole. But it wasn’t as if Nene became a self centered attention whore when he got sick, it just magnified.

I was in a very abusive marriage, physically, verbally, emotionally and sexually. The emotional abuse is the worst because it can screw up your psyche for years unless (and even if) you get professional help. The verbal abuse is a big part of that emotional abuse.

We only see what the cameras show, but prior to their first split, Gregg did some nasty things to Nene. That being said, Nene back then was cast in a glowing light. However, they apparently worked through it and she remarried him. Since then, what I have seen on TV is him walking 3 steps behind her carrying her bag, she definitely made him pay for his screw up. 

The way Nene treated Gregg at Cynthia’s party is how an abuser would treat his/her victim, not the other way around. If he was such an abuser, even just verbally, she would not have the freedom to be her own person and keep on going about her life. If verbal abuse had been going on for years, her self-esteem and confidence would have been shredded.

It is the year 2019, people know more about the options for caregivers - there are support groups, counseling (that isn’t on TV - looking at you Bethenny). In addition there are a lot of resources and information available if you are a victim of any kind of domestic violence, be it emotional, verbal, financial, physical, sexual. So she has no excuses. I was not so lucky in 1990.

I love these forums because we can agree to disagree and we all have different experiences and perspectives when watching reality TV (which has been edited by the producers).

@outofbounds I do appreciate and respect your read of the situation and will always respect your take on the situation.

I mostly lurk on this forum with an occasional comment, but for me, but accusations of abuse can be a trigger for me, whether it is because it is ignored or whether it is marginalized.

For me, having been there myself and having worked with victims of all kinds of domestic abuse, I really need a whole lot more actual evidence that Gregg is verbally abusive towards Nene. Since I don’t know their lives outside of what we see on TV and what Nene chooses to do on social media, I can’t speak to their situation.

Although the sum of this indirect evidence doesn’t look so great for Nene - that and her stank attitude towards others that has been displayed on TV and the reunion (that is my personal opinion on limited evidence). 

I was very lucky in that I got out of said marriage quickly without being killed and have been happily married for almost 24 years - and lots of self-reflection and counseling.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
36 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Well being an asshole can be verbal abuse, especially if that asshole calls you a fucking bitch.   That can happen, sick people can do that and I believe women have been told to "suffer in silence" all th

Oh it can be. I completely agree. But it’s not always. I’m not sure Nene knows the difference, and also may be confusing the two because she’s Nene. 

17 minutes ago, outofbounds said:

He has admitted to his behavior and has apologized to her for it.  While Nene may be hypocritical I'm not about the victim blaming that goes on when a woman states the abuse.  And well I dunno about you but no one who I would deem an asshole is sweet as pie and speaking rainbows and puppies now are they?

If he did admit to verbal abuse then I missed it and I apologize. It seems that some of you may have more information than was presented on the show. 

I still think that because someone is mean and acts like an asshole does not make them verbally abusive. My opinion may differ from others. 

9 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I was very lucky in that I got out of said marriage quickly without being killed and have been happily married for almost 24 years - and lots of self-reflection and counseling.

So happy for you Stats Queen. 🤗 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Here’s my take on all of the mess that is Nene and Gregg. Yes, Gregg has probably been awful to be around because he’s probably taking things out on Nene because that’s who he is closest to. And someone so sick can be a total asshole. But it wasn’t as if Nene became a self centered attention whore when he got sick, it just magnified.

I was in a very abusive marriage, physically, verbally, emotionally and sexually. The emotional abuse is the worst because it can screw up your psyche for years unless (and even if) you get professional help. The verbal abuse is a big part of that emotional abuse.

We only see what the cameras show, but prior to their first split, Gregg did some nasty things to Nene. That being said, Nene back then was cast in a glowing light. However, they apparently worked through it and she remarried him. Since then, what I have seen on TV is him walking 3 steps behind her carrying her bag, she definitely made him pay for his screw up. 

The way Nene treated Gregg at Cynthia’s party is how an abuser would treat his/her victim, not the other way around. If he was such an abuser, even just verbally, she would not have the freedom to be her own person and keep on going about her life. If verbal abuse had been going on for years, her self-esteem and confidence would have been shredded.

It is the year 2019, people know more about the options for caregivers - there are support groups, counseling (that isn’t on TV - looking at you Bethenny). In addition there are a lot of resources and information available if you are a victim of any kind of domestic violence, be it emotional, verbal, financial, physical, sexual. So she has no excuses. I was not so lucky in 1990.

I love these forums because we can agree to disagree and we all have different experiences and perspectives when watching reality TV (which has been edited by the producers).

@outofbounds I do appreciate and respect your read of the situation and will always respect your take on the situation.

I mostly lurk on this forum with an occasional comment, but for me, but accusations of abuse can be a trigger for me, whether it is because it is ignored or whether it is marginalized.

For me, having been there myself and having worked with victims of all kinds of domestic abuse, I really need a whole lot more actual evidence that Gregg is verbally abusive towards Nene. Since I don’t know their lives outside of what we see on TV and what Nene chooses to do on social media, I can’t speak to their situation.

Although the sum of this indirect evidence doesn’t look so great for Nene - that and her stank attitude towards others that has been displayed on TV and the reunion (that is my personal opinion on limited evidence). 

While I respect this, it's not fair to assume she hasn't taken advantage of the resources for caregivers.  Again, this all comes down to the fact that the black community does not recognize abuse.  Nene isn't even characterizing it as abusive behavior, I am.  She is simply saying he's mean and he says nasty things.  Which is only solidifying my beliefs further.  The fact that she forgave him for it once doesn't necessarily mean she deserves what she's getting now either.

And I would just like some of you to entertain the fact that simply because Gregg hasn't done it on camera doesn't mean it's not happening.  This is the same as people who insist there is no abuse because they've never seen it.  Abusers rarely abuse in front of other people and routinely act like they are nice and submissive in public.  And it is not out of the realm of possibility that Gregg is on his best behavior, complete with being submissive and three steps behind Nene when the cameras are around so he can continue to be seen as a nice guy.

I was raised in a verbally abusive home.  I'm well aware of the signs of it and what it looks like.  My father was and is seen as kind of a doddering idiot by others, one who was entirely submissive to his far more powerful wife (because my mother cowers to no one).  Far from one who is capable of ever calling my mother any nasty name or speaking to her as if she was nothing.  But I lived in that house and I know what he said and how he spoke to her.  Don't be so sure that because you haven't seen it or that the wife doesn't cower in fear in public that it isn't happening.

Hey I get that Nene is a narcissist and hard to have sympathy for.  But in this instance, I believe her and I feel bad for her.  She is totally going about it the wrong way and isn't instilling a whole lot of positivity from others regarding her situation.  I'm just saying to dig a little bit past the surface because in my experience most abuse situations are 100% different then what you are seeing in public.  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, outofbounds said:

While I respect this, it's not fair to assume she hasn't taken advantage of the resources for caregivers.  Again, this all comes down to the fact that the black community does not recognize abuse.  Nene isn't even characterizing it as abusive behavior, I am.  She is simply saying he's mean and he says nasty things.  Which is only solidifying my beliefs further.  The fact that she forgave him for it once doesn't necessarily mean she deserves what she's getting now either.

And I would just like some of you to entertain the fact that simply because Gregg hasn't done it on camera doesn't mean it's not happening.  This is the same as people who insist there is no abuse because they've never seen it.  Abusers rarely abuse in front of other people and routinely act like they are nice and submissive in public.  And it is not out of the realm of possibility that Gregg is on his best behavior, complete with being submissive and three steps behind Nene when the cameras are around so he can continue to be seen as a nice guy.

Thank you for this response and you make some very important points. Bill Cosby came off as a nice guy for decades, so you are quite right.

We definitely agree that we don’t live with them so we don’t actually know them. 

Glad I can learn from others 😍

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, outofbounds said:

I actually said that they wouldn't help cover up arrests and they didn't with Ben Rapelisberger. I remember they put out like a letter to the editor about how disappointed they were with him and how they might trade him. However at the end of the day, they're still football team owners whose first priority is a winning team, filling the stadium, getting people to watch their games, and selling merchandise. It's disappointing, but not unexpected.

In another bit of weird football trivia, I sometimes call actresses Kate and Rooney Mara the football princesses because their mom is a Rooney (they own the Steelers) and the Mara's own the Giants.

And now back to our regularly scheduled Atlanta discussion...

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Smacky55 said:

In fairness, being an asshole can include verbal abuse. I don't doubt that being sick would make Greg angrier and less patient - sickness is a big disrupter in one's life and even though Greg is good for the cameras, I'm not inclined to believe that he's always that way. That said, I've seen the things Nene has said and the subtle things she has done ON camera which makes me inclined to believe that she is also verbally abusive and that together, their behaviours are unhealthy. Just my theory, but based on Nene's recent complaints, it seems Greg's behaviour is mostly induced by his illness...Nene's behaviour is just because she's Nene. 

• Love 13

Oy, what is Nene trying to prove by being so miserably nasty to everyone including the hand that feeds her, (Andy) and his passive aggressive line of questioning for Nene was nothing more than trying to drive a point home, Nene does not play well with others.

Nene must have to try hard to be a sour puss, I would be thrilled if she did not show up for any of my events!

The others seem to be able to take each other's shade in stride and move on but Nene is pissed if anyone that shades her and equally pissed when she is not even on their radar.  

Is anyone curious to know what show Nene was filming in Canada?

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, LaurelleJ said:

stank attitude

I am sorry I did not use this medical term in my post!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I thought Eva’s joke was pointing out colorism in Blaque. Like, “This silly, stupid group’s only requirement is that you have light skin.”  

When I was young the group Menudo was big.  Singers got kicked out of Menudo when they were 18 and there were tons of jokes about the silliness of that rule, not the guys who got kicked out of the group.

Eva seems to have little regard for Shamari, so I assumed it was another dig at her

• Love 1
On 4/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

I didn't see it when it aired but as they were talking about it I thought:  what else could it mean?  Like how would black with Q even be a dark skinned slight?  Is "with a Q" code for something?  Marley's asshole of a father is about Kandi's complexion (isn't he?)   

Almost forgot my favorite moment of the night:

Andy:  can anybody confirm that Yovanna really was that bitch

RhoATL:

oprah-iyanla-laugh.gif?w=900

Can I tell you I DIED when Eva said "First of all, her name back then was Gail".

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I think Nene and Luann (from NYC) are suffering from the same delusion of being top mothafuccah. They assume their popularity insulates them from negative fan reaction. I think this is a severe miscalculation. Both have high flying gigs apart from the Housewives shows, but these are dependent upon them having personas that appeal to people.

Porsha’s never been a favorite, but I LOVED her shear happiness and delight at the reunion.

• Love 11

Porsha is okay, but I gave her the side eye when she remarked about the pre nup.  Maybe her future mother in law thinks Porsha is nothing but a gold digger and doesn't want her son to get taken.  I mean if a person, a black person doesn't fucking know what the Underground Railroad is, I wouldn't want her to even date any of my relatives.  Yuk.  I don't get the Porsha love.

Nene should just leave the show, she's over it, she hates it, she's  just doing it for a check.  There's the door Nene.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, NYCFree said:

I think Nene and Luann (from NYC) are suffering from the same delusion of being top mothafuccah. They assume their popularity insulates them from negative fan reaction. I think this is a severe miscalculation. Both have high flying gigs apart from the Housewives shows, but these are dependent upon them having personas that appeal to people.

I totally agree. RHOA was horrible this season because of Nene and her stank attitude. 

There are housewives who I don’t like personally (e.g., Jennifer from RHONJ, Ramona from RHONY) but they make for highly entertaining TV.

If Nene comes back, I won’t. She is getting skewered all over social media.

Huge miscalculations on both their parts.

• Love 6
On 4/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, lilsadone said:

But she's the glue holding the cast together?

It's almost like Nene conveniently forgot that she wasn't a cast member on seasons 8 & 9 and the show did just fine.  😂

According to each seasons Wikipedia page that lists the reported viewers for every single episode....

• Season 8 had 2-3 million viewers each episode (leaning heavily to 3 million more often)
  • Season 9 averaged 2 million viewers each episode
  • Season 10 (when Nene returned) did not see a spike in viewers and stayed around 2 million per episode, and even dipped to 1 million viewers on non-reunion/recap episodes. 

So really Nene, nobody needs your "glue" to hold the cast together. 

Yes...Kenya vs kim fields...and the whole porsha/kandi/phaedra whirlwind happened...and was that period also when Kenya talked about Mr Chocolate and Phaedra?

There is absolutely nothing likeable about Nene. There is nothing enjoyable about watching Nene. She is awful. She is a bully. She's ugly inside. I can't watch her if she's on next year. She is the most narcassistic bitch on reality and that's saying something.

• Love 14

At the reunion Porsha said she was going to schedule a c section because she just does not want to push a baby out...what doctor would do this voluntarily?  I know it has been a long time since I gave birth (my kids are almost 26 and almost 30) but I thought that c sections were for women/babies with risk issues or emergencies not just because someone believes that they will be "different" down there.  Is she that insecure about her relationship with Dennis? 

The birth process is normal, things go back to normal...besides Porsha can do her vag rejuv on tv like all the other ladies, you know, invite the other HW's in to watch along with the film crew. 

Do we know what push present Porsha got from Dennis?  

• Love 5

Coming in late as I was traveling over the weekend.  

The best part of the reunion: Andy shows a clip package to demonstrate Eva's shade. None of the shade is directed towards Nene. As soon as the clip ends, Nene interrupts Eva to say she wants to ask about the least shady comment Eva has made, "Nene needs to realize that not everything is about her", and asks Eva what she meant by that.

Oh the irony! This made me laugh so hard. The attention was not on Nene and she was nowhere in the clip package, but as soon as possible, she tries to bring the attention back to herself with a comment that indicated how selfish she was being with regards to her sick husband.  THIS is what happens when people have no damn self-awareness.

And ooh was Nene pissed when the other ladies were having so much fun laughing with each other.

mad oprah GIF

Edited by luckyroll3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I believe Porsha has had fibroid issues, so that's probably why the C-section was scheduled.

Porsha may or may not be a gold-digger but she also has her own gold now that she did not have when she married Kordell.  She has her house and her hair extension business to protect.  So while Mama Hot Dog may not want Porsha digging for Dennis' gold, Porsha may not want Dennis prospecting her gold either.  Plus, now she has a child to think about, even thought that child is also Dennis' child.

I think several things can be true at the same time:

• Gregg is verbally abusive to Nene (remember when he went on the radio and ran her down during their 1st marriage?)
  • Nene is a narcissistic asshole
  • Nene has more resources than most caretakers
  • Nene is feeling the pressure of being a caretaker (none of his children are going to take on that responsibility except for maybe his son with Nene)

While I feel for Nene, I don't give her any slack for

• attacking pregnant Porsha* in the closet
  • saying 9 months pregnant Kenya is carrying a buffalo
  • saying 9 months pregnant Porsha is a blimp
  • acting a pure fool at Cynthia's party

And let me say this: Nene's been screaming she just wants people to support her, but when Marlo jumped up out of her beauty appointment and drove across town to check on her, Nene acted like an asshole towards her.

*I'm glad pregnant Porsha got attacked in the closet because she needs to know how other people feel when she jumps up to attack others.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 14
On 4/8/2019 at 1:11 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

Shamari’s girl group was/is called Blaque. I think Eva just did a stupid play in words and Kandi tried to make something out of it. 

This makes sense. I was trying hard to figure out why saying someone isn't black with a q was colorism. I was trying to figure out what she meant period.

• Love 2
On 4/11/2019 at 6:54 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

At the reunion Porsha said she was going to schedule a c section because she just does not want to push a baby out...what doctor would do this voluntarily?  I know it has been a long time since I gave birth (my kids are almost 26 and almost 30) but I thought that c sections were for women/babies with risk issues or emergencies not just because someone believes that they will be "different" down there.  Is she that insecure about her relationship with Dennis? 

The birth process is normal, things go back to normal...besides Porsha can do her vag rejuv on tv like all the other ladies, you know, invite the other HW's in to watch along with the film crew. 

Do we know what push present Porsha got from Dennis?  

I don't have personal experience with this and I can't say for certain what the rules were in the past, but I don't think there are rules today that say that a c-section is only reserved for health-related issues during delivery.  I think the main requirement is that you're at least full-term at 37 weeks. Particularly with girlfriends/wives of athletes, I've heard of many who have opted to schedule a c-section to ensure that the dad was available and present at the hospital for the birth. 

• Useful 1

Nene is not even fun to hate watch. She was just sitting there all bitchy with a horrible attitude and her comebacks and insults are pretty pathetic.

Also Nene fat shaming anyone is hilarious to me. Now I’m shaming her but honestly is she even that much smaller than prego Porsha lol.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Nene is not even fun to hate watch. She was just sitting there all bitchy with a horrible attitude and her comebacks and insults are pretty pathetic.

Also Nene fat shaming anyone is hilarious to me. Now I’m shaming her but honestly is she even that much smaller than prego Porsha lol.

I wonder is she somehow thinks she's strayed from "moose" territory.  You haven't Ms. Leakes. A moose you still are.

• Love 8
On 4/11/2019 at 12:34 PM, drivethroo said:

I think several things can be true at the same time:

• Gregg is verbally abusive to Nene (remember when he went on the radio and ran her down during their 1st marriage?)
  • Nene is a narcissistic asshole
  • Nene has more resources than most caretakers
  • Nene is feeling the pressure of being a caretaker (none of his children are going to take on that responsibility except for maybe his son with Nene)

Do I think Gregg is more difficult to deal with than before? Yes. Do I think Nene is temperamentally ill equipped to handle it? Yes. However, I think the majority of this is actually Nene paving the way for another divorce to protect her money from his medical creditors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

However, I think the majority of this is actually Nene paving the way for another divorce to protect her money from his medical creditors.

If he's 65, he's on Medicare and probably doesn't have a lot of medical debt.  Besides, if the debt was incurred DURING the marriage, she would still be liable. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

If he's 65, he's on Medicare and probably doesn't have a lot of medical debt.  Besides, if the debt was incurred DURING the marriage, she would still be liable. 

He's 63 and I know that she'd still be liable for debt during the marriage, but they kind of fast tracked that last divorce which kind of coincided with her moving up in the salary range and their debt problems. And she has her Pop pilot, which has a decent  chance of getting picked up because they don't have a ton of original programming.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:34 PM, drivethroo said:

And let me say this: Nene's been screaming she just wants people to support her, but when Marlo jumped up out of her beauty appointment and drove across town to check on her, Nene acted like an asshole towards her.

THIS! Marlo won't bring this up at the reunion because she will be "supporting" her but if that's not support I don't know what is. 

• Love 3