Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Leaving Las Vegas

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Robyn is crafting Aurora in her own image.  Use tears to snag your man!  Cry whenever you aren't getting your way/getting enough attention/need to change your family's mind about something they don't want to do!  It's kind of unsettling to see Aurora acting just like her stealth evil mother.  I also noticed that in the couch sessions where the girls appeared, guess who did all of the talking?  Sadly, Aurora is learning from the very best.  It's scary.

When I saw that I legit thought, why is Janelle wearing white support hose in the Las Vegas heat?  Then I realized it was her actual legs.  I don't think I've even seen snow that white.

Totally agree about Aurora.  Breanna looked pissed on the TH segment, and didn't say a word.  If anyone buys into plyg life, it will be Robyn's spawn, and Aurora will be the first.

Even my legs are darker than Janelle's.  Hers are  fishbelly white to the extreme!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

It’s possible Logan did help with the move but he may have helped pack up on a different day. Or it’s possible he just doesn’t want to be filmed. I don’t see Logan as disliking his family (other than maybe Kody) and I am sure he would help Janelle if she asked, he just doesn’t want to be on the show. Honestly, if he wants to have a respectable career, being on a reality show is not a great idea. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Although it would have made sense for some wives to live together while waiting for Kody to create Chez Plyg, I understand why they don’t want to. Imagine having to make yourself scarce every fourth day when man bun arrives to poke your roommate. Ugh. 

Oh, Tabbygirl521, you nearly made me snort coffee out my nose at work!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Someone who doesn't talk on this forum but posts links to their blogs said that they bought the house from Kody and it's a husband and two wives.  Elsewhere I have heard that Kody rents the house to relatives.  

Meri's sister rented it for a while, but it went into short sale and sold to someone else (the lurkers, I bet).

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

I love the moniker you use here, And I'm jealous and wish I had thought of it. Lol

Awww thanks, I went back and forth between this and Helena Handbasket.... but reality shows make me say Argh!... lol

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Every time I see that moniker pop up, I mentally tack on "avast me hearties" in my best pirate speak, because she always has something to say that I want to listen up to.

with all these compliments my heads gonna get so big I won't fit through doors.  😂 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Not to belabor the point about septic tanks, buuuuut

I have one, and it’s been fine, but I am very mindful about it. For instance, when there is a hurricane or when it has been raining a lot, I don’t do laundry until the ground is no longer saturated. I live basically at sea level, and Flagstaff is at a high elevation, so maybe standing water isn’t an issue and their drain field wouldn’t matter? But they have a monsoon season, so I would think being on septic during monsoon season with these folks who seem to have no forethought could spell trouble.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Against my better judgement, I watched the last few minutes of this episode since it was hanging out on my DVR and I needed to kill some time before dinner yesterday.

The hug between Kody and Caleb was sooooo uncomfortable to watch.  It went on for like five minutes.  Kody's tears seemed very manufactured because he knew the cameras were on him.  I mean, I'm sure he was super-sad to leave his secret-crush son-in-law behind, but you'd think those tears would've made a little more sense if he was hugging Axel, Maddie or Aspyn.  Instead, he wept copious, salty, broken-hearted tears all over Caleb's manly shoulders.  Awk-ward!

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Arthur Jury said:

re. "My uneducated guess is that the property needs sewers, electricity, gas, possibly roads, etc, all put in before any building of a home(s) can start?  Can anyone confirm?"

As an engineer who specializes in mechanical-electical-plumbing, yes utilities need to be I place even before a home building permit is issued.  In developed cities utilities have to be run from existing infrastructure to the site.  However, if these homes are far out in the country, local utility points of connections may not be available. The Brown compound may need to install possible water wells, sewer septic leach field, and use tank propane instead of utility natural gas, and getting utility electric power could be expensive for a long distance run.  As for roads, many areas such as incorporated county areas are making the homeowners build a private road, not extending public roads.  Buyers of remote country property often do not factor these costs into their project, does any one wonder how they got all that land for the cost as the market knows there are all these extra costs... Cootie is no real estate genius.... 

Thank you so much for expanding on this Arthur Jury!!  

• Love 3

So here's a thought!  Maybe kody got some kind of a deal like corporations give when a management employed transfers to a new city, state!

The corporation gives the transferee fair market after a month or so on the market!

Also the network might be paying for those rentals as corporations do!

Like it or not Sister Wives is one of the big programs on this network.  Lots of big money sponsors.  Watch the commercials.  $$$$

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

So this is Season 10  - I’ve missed a lot of seasons, apparently, but I was here for the first season and my feeling then was this was supposed to be a positive message about polygamy. “See us, we have this happy life where all the wives love and support one another, welcome each new sister wife with open arms and share housekeeping and child rearing duties.”  I thought we would see a lot of family love and a strong father figure who was in control of their destiny & I thought it would help me understand why a women would share her husband with others. Instead, an immature, flighty, egotistic and self absorbed man, tries to corral a bunch of jealous, lazy and kind of dumb women who don’t even like one another and then keeps producing more and more children who he barely knows.if anything, Kody has made polygamy seem like a lousy life style that only make everyone seem unhappy. Job well done, show.

You were expecting 'Big Love' from HBO.  Not even a close half-assed replica of 'Big Love'.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Whoo whee, these people! They caused themselves all the stress by creating such a lame-ass moving situation. Plus, nothing seemed real about the entire episode, even the ending with Meri and Ariella. 

I just watched the episode, so I fresh with repugnance for almost all of the Browns.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, neh said:

Whoo whee, these people! They caused themselves all the stress by creating such a lame-ass moving situation.

Yes, I was just thinking that.  They could have spent several weekends moving each wife.  If them all being in a different town for less than a month is THAT much of a problem they are in much more trouble than they are trying to let on.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, I was just thinking that.  They could have spent several weekends moving each wife.  If them all being in a different town for less than a month is THAT much of a problem they are in much more trouble than they are trying to let on.

Yes! They knew they were going to move. They should have started packing immediately after Kody's presentation. They should have move the kids starting school first and they should not have let Gabe go AWOL.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I always meant to ask.  What exactly does that mean???

Number of viewers is self-explanatory as is the cable show rank.  Rating is defined as 

Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.

If you want to know if it's good or bad for SW, it's about average I think.  It's within their range this season.  It's pretty good for TLC.  

For comparison, SSW, the show right after it had 1.062 M viewers, a .28 rating, and was the 20th cable show of the day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I doubt he has sex that often any more.   And I will just toss this out there - do you ladies in monogamous relationships have sex every single night of the week... every night of the month - of every year?  lol     In a polygamous relationship, you can sleep next to each other and not have sexual relations.  In fact, as you get older it is MORE likely you will sleep beside each other more often than you have sex.   

I imagine you’re right but I still think it would be hard for the other wife to see his majesty come over, even if just to snuggle. And how would she know if it was sex or not? Kyan, I know you know better than I do about this but I can’t help feeling cringe-y about it. 

PS, couldn’t they have had the meat shipped? Like, after they moved? Sheesh. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, neh said:

I just watched the episode, so I fresh with repugnance for almost all of the Browns.

I'm fresh with repugnance because for whatever idiotic reason, these lunatics invaded my head when I was in the locker room at the pool today!  I was getting very angry about the entire family being uprooted to Flagstaff just so Robyn can be with Dayton for four years of college (if he even makes it through all four years there).  My stepson has special needs that will require some form of intervention in college, so I've started researching that...which made me really think about the situation with Dayton, so I might as well purge my brain here:

• NAU does not appear to have any kind of a particular special program for people with disabilities.  So first question is why is he even going there in the first place, rather than one of the schools in Las Vegas, which would require no uprooting whatsoever?
  • But let's say there's a good reason for him to go to NAU.  Does Dayton require living with a full-time helper?  If yes, then it likely doesn't have to be Robyn.  For one-quintillionth the cost of this insane move/purchase fiasco, they could pay a trained professional to live with him in Flagstaff, and also pay for an apartment nearby so Robyn has somewhere specific to stay when she visits, and maybe Dayton can stay there with her on some of those weekends.  She could even stay there full-time for the first month or so, since Mindy already does all the parenting for Robyn and Kodoofus, and maybe Kodoofus could actually help Mindy (I crack myself up sometimes!).
  • If Dayton does not require living with a full-time helper, then he could live in a dorm on campus (with or without special accommodations regarding roommate or absence of one) , and they could hire a trained professional to have daily in-person or on-the-phone check-ins with Dayton, and basically be on-call for Dayton for whatever needs arise.  And they could still pay for an apartment for Robyn.

You're welcome, Brown clowns.  Oh, what's that?  You say you'd rather just move and increase your expenses three-fold, when you're barely getting by now, and have boatloads more children that will need to be put through college, and also more marriages to pay for?  You better order up an express conversion to Catholicism lickety-split and start praying to St. Gildas, the guardian angel of idiots! (http://glossary-christianity.blogspot.com/2007/12/saints-of-special-competencies-saints.html)

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Logan and Michelle live right there in LV, I was surprised to see they weren't there to help with at least the loading of the homes, even if they couldn't take time from studies to travel to Flagstaff for the load out.  It wouldn't surprise me if he is fed up with the whole shitshow and just shows up for weddingks and big events in the future.

I think Logan is having to work his way through school.  He probably doesn't have much if any free time to help people move.  Might be why Janelle wanted to leave most of her furniture and just rent something furnished.  Like another poster said, why were they not sorting, trashing and packing as soon as they found out they would be moving.  All these women need to become minimalists.  They could probably get rid of half of everything they own and never miss it.

• Love 6

Have to admit, Mariah and Audrey saying goodbye was quite emotional. I have to give props to Audrey for thanking Meri for all she has done for them. 

Robyn's house is something else. I think I like it, but I'm curious to see it without all the boxes piled around.

Ariella was just the cutest at the end comforting Meri.

I'm convinced that a good bit of the moving and Gabe drama was enhanced "for our viewing pleasure".

• Love 11

The manufactured drama wasn't entertaining, just annoying and stupid and obviously fake. There was no reason that Meri had to move on the same day as everyone else, since she has no kids starting school. And since none of these people have jobs, the whole idea that they couldn't pack until the last minute was ridiculous.

I noticed that Logan and Garrison were nowhere to be seen. I saw on Instagram that Logan graduated college, but I don't think they covered that on the show? I guess Logan and Garrison don't need the money for being on the show like Mykelti does. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Well, you see, you're coming at it from a non-plyg point of view...more specifically, a non-Kody Brown point of view.  He has four wives.  Did you know he has four wives?  Also, he has four wives, 57 kids/in-laws/grandkids, and 36 cars/moving vans to transport all of their accumulated crap.  Planning is for boring people.  If Kody cannot run around like an unhinged maniac and whine about how stressed, overworked and exhausted he is, then it's just no fun for him.  He always needs to be the poor, tired patriarch with the weight of his fam'ly's world carried on his weary shoulders.

6 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think Logan is having to work his way through school.  He probably doesn't have much if any free time to help people move.  Might be why Janelle wanted to leave most of her furniture and just rent something furnished.  Like another poster said, why were they not sorting, trashing and packing as soon as they found out they would be moving.  All these women need to become minimalists.  They could probably get rid of half of everything they own and never miss it.

Janelle wanted to leave her crap behind because she's lazy and from what we've been shown, most of her furniture looks to be falling apart, stained, and gross.  Eventually someone is going to have to clear out her crap, because who wants to move into a house that smells like Fritos and feet?

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, laurakaye said:

The hug between Kody and Caleb was sooooo uncomfortable to watch.  It went on for like five minutes.  Kody's tears seemed very manufactured because he knew the cameras were on him.  I mean, I'm sure he was super-sad to leave his secret-crush son-in-law behind, but you'd think those tears would've made a little more sense if he was hugging Axel, Maddie or Aspyn.  Instead, he wept copious, salty, broken-hearted tears all over Caleb's manly shoulders.  Awk-ward!

I could only watch this once, but I don't think I noticed any real tears.  It reminded me of learning how to "fake' cry on stage.  Put hands over face and laugh softly, then put hand over eyes and pretend to wipe away a tear.   I really thought that was what he was doing.

As to the couch session--

I thought I heard Meri say it took 17 trucks to move them.  We never did see that many.  I am sure they hired movers in LV to do most of the loading for them.  And I bet there was another crew of movers waiting in Flagstaff to help them unload.

Kody mentioning girlfriend-- I guess he is going to say Gabe got a new one in Flagstaff.  I was sorta hoping it was that Dayton had a girlfriend now and had moved in with her.   I can hope, can't I?

And wth with Robyn talking as though no one has ever heard of plural families, and she basically needs to sit them down so she can lecture about it.  I will say I don't think the term "plural families" entered my vocab until all these shows came around, but I knew about polygamy from grade school.  I think I read about it in National Geographic or American Heritage.   I would be a nice neighbor to any of the four unless they were nasty to me, but that wouldn't mean I thought their life style was all that wonderful which is what I think Christine and Robyn want.  I doubt Meri or Janelle cares that much except on twitter or instagram.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

For comparison, SSW, the show right after it had 1.062 M viewers, a .28 rating, and was the 20th cable show of the day

So is it 20th out of all the shows on TLC or the TLC related channels or all cable channels? Do they include news channels on cable and WeatherNation or TWC?    I can't believe that show has that many viewers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

People are mentioning that they heard Kody say the word "girlfriend."  The only time I heard him say this was in the previews for next week's "tell-all" (LOLZ) where the moderator asks about Kody and Meri's relationship and he says something about treating her like a girlfriend...cut to Robyn's face, which looks like she's about to tear off Kody's weave and set fire to it.  Could be clever editing but I've got my popcorn, cheap wine and notepad at the ready!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I'm reposting my recap here, after I accidentally posted it in the wrong thread.

Spoiler tag for length.

Hide contents

Previously on “Sister” “Wives”…

Kody explained to his concubines that he wanted to move as quickly as possible RIGHT NOW START PACKING BITCHES, and then was all “Whoa, Nelly,” about how fast the whole move –- the one he suggested and demanded -- was going. Former #1 Wife Robyn found Kody’s constant mood swings fucking annoying, and I was right there with her. Kody admitted that the fambly spent all their money on the singingk land, and had none leftover, so that’s why the move must happen RIGHT THIS DAMN SECOND, screw the traumatized children, ‘cause the Browns are broke. Christine reminisced about moving into the builder-grade boxes (aka homes), remembering a two-year-old Truely, who’s now old enough to see right through the bullshit. My spellcheck finds the spelling of young Ms. Brown’s moniker truely appalling. Despite the fact that no one wants her around, and hasn’t in years, the fambly worried that Meri might not want to come along, and she insisted, with her typical flat, dead-eyed stare, that she was FINE JUST FINE ABOUT MOVING CAN’T YOU SEE HOW FINE SHE IS, and the other chucklefucks bought that ‘cause they don’t really give a shit. Kody whined about leaving his beautiful Vegas homes, which made me wonder if the last few seasons of this show were some kind of fever dream, because I sure don’t remember anything beautiful. Oh, and Kody managed to lose a few of his kids. Robyn admitted that sometimes the fambly consisted of the “dumbest people ever,” and I have to say Robyn is selling the Browns short. Sometimes, my ass.

Title sequence: Meri thinks the lifestyle makes each of them better, and I’m afraid they’d all be serial killers without polygamy; Janelle wouldn’t “want anything else” because she doesn’t have the capacity to want anything at all; Christine wanted a family, and didn’t realize that you can have one in a monogamous marriage; Robyn thinks that all “shoulda been together from day one,” which we already knew because she’s hell-bent on pretending she was there from day one; and Kody is still pretending he has love to multiply.

We’re treated to sweeping vistas of the Las Vegas desert, with nary a tree in sight. Kody and Janelle have invited the Brushes over for dinner, though Kody admits he really just wants to see Axel. Janelle reminisces about how nice it’s been to have all the wives/kids right next to each other, even though the women interact as little as possible, and then admits that things will not be so idyllic after the moves, since the new homes are miles apart. Flashback to the Lehi house: I’d forgotten how many of Kody’s Kids are actually blonde! The family Brush arrives, and silver-tongued Caleb savors the air-conditioning. Janelle informs the viewer that she loves Axel more than life and says he’s her “world.” She’s also wearing too much eye makeup. In case you’d forgotten, Flagstaff is more expensive than Vegas, but Janelle reminds Maddie and Caleb that they could move there anyway, in case they’re unaware of the concept of moving. Maddie never ever wants to move to Flagstaff, and she acutely notes that everyone in the fambly, save Robyn, gets bored easily, so she doubts Flagstaff is their final destination. Kody claims their fambly’s many moves have been opportunities to advance his career, though he offers no specifics about this supposed “career.”

It’s the last day in Vegas. Despite a move occurring the next damn day, the houses are still stuffed to the brim with crap. Kody insists on wasting some of the remaining packing time by conducting some boneheaded fambly meeting, in which the perpetually disorganized patriarch tries mightily to institute a stupidly complex moving plan that he swears will require only an hour at each house. Kody likes to buy large quantities of meat, which is a perk known only to polygamists, and now the fambly has to worry about toting 600 pounds of meat along with them to Flagstaff. TOMORROW. Kody whines about having to listen to multiple opinions, which, correct me if I’m wrong, is one of the hazards of having four wives.

Never has a commercial break been more welcomed. I plan to savor these Kody-free minutes.

We’re treated to a moving montage, because nothing is more riveting than watching sweaty people load boxes. Gabe asks Janelle if the new house is furnished, because they’ve apparently discussed nothing about this move that is now some 12 hours away. Janelle is annoyed by Gabe’s perfectly reasonable questions, and then she reveals that Gabe has packed nothing. He has no idea why they’re moving, still, and he notes accurately that Flagstaff is more expensive, so Kody’s “save money” excuse is bullshit; he calls his parents hicks, in contrast with him and his siblings, who are “city slickers.” Janelle says she doesn’t want to hurt Gabe’s feelings, and turns right around and calls him worthless when it comes to the move. Despite Janelle’s entreaties, nagging, and passive-aggressive guilt trips, Gabe edges out the door to meet a friend, promising to return immediately. Two hours later: Gabe still isn’t back, and Kody complains about Gabe’s attitude while his other, more complaint sons, load the moving truck. Meri is fine with the move, SHE REALLY IS, but she’s not excited about the coming fambly separation. Robyn is conflicted about the move. Christine admits the fambly are idiots, but don’t let allow yourself to think that that such a revelation will change anything about the Browns’ decision-making, because as Kody says, “failure here is never an option.” Oh, Kody, of course it is.

IT’S MOVING DAY, and as befits our intrepid heroes, nobody is ready to do much of anything, especially not to leave by 10, which was the original plan. Kody needs help from each of his kids, but none is forthcoming, and Gabe is apparently…on the streets of Vegas? No one knows. Meri is still pissed about not going to Chicago with Mariah and Audrey and having to move with her own beloved fambly instead. Kody whines about being the only man in a plural family, and I yell at the TV to helpfully remind him that HE CHOSE to be the patriarch. Robyn admits they’ve done this the hard way but entirely fails to understand that this is a freaking pattern for these loons.

Christine is multi-tasking: cutting a watermelon and yelling at her kids. None of the wives have spoken to any of the others, so none of them has any idea what’s going on. Sounds like a recipe for a successful move! Christine’s girls note that Christine’s expectations 

Oh, and there’s more crying, complete with running mascara, and Meri’s eye boogers, but Kody remains stoic, because his soulmate, Caleb, has already departed, and he has no tears left.

An enjoyable read, Grey Lady.  Well done.  💃👍😁

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Mr. Minor said:

I was waiting for TLC to start the sirens when they were getting ready to leave in the trucks.

Sirens would have not been the police, but an ambulance on the way to haul Kody off, not from exhaustion from overwork, but from anxiety that everyone else was not performing to his standards.  The anxiety attack was compounded by his breakdown over separation from his SIL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

People are mentioning that they heard Kody say the word "girlfriend."  The only time I heard him say this was in the previews for next week's "tell-all" (LOLZ) where the moderator asks about Kody and Meri's relationship and he says something about treating her like a girlfriend...cut to Robyn's face, which looks like she's about to tear off Kody's weave and set fire to it.  Could be clever editing but I've got my popcorn, cheap wine and notepad at the ready!

IMO that was a really cruel thing for TLC to do to the viewers - especially me!!  Robochin would NEVER allow any one else into that family, so I was hoping that Kody managed to jerk one of his balls free from her clutches and had found someone but of course.... with his hair and diddley squat to offer a woman - WHO would he possibly find?

• LOL 14
54 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I could only watch this once, but I don't think I noticed any real tears.  It reminded me of learning how to "fake' cry on stage.  Put hands over face and laugh softly, then put hand over eyes and pretend to wipe away a tear.   I really thought that was what he was doing.

As to the couch session--

I thought I heard Meri say it took 17 trucks to move them.  We never did see that many.  I am sure they hired movers in LV to do most of the loading for them.  And I bet there was another crew of movers waiting in Flagstaff to help them unload.

Kody mentioning girlfriend-- I guess he is going to say Gabe got a new one in Flagstaff.  I was sorta hoping it was that Dayton had a girlfriend now and had moved in with her.   I can hope, can't I?

LMAO...can you just imagine Robyn's reaction?  Love to be a fly on that wall.  🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

They had interest only loans on the four houses, so I doubt they will get anything from the sale of them other than to be free from the mortgages?

I'm thinking along the same lines.  If they paid in the neighborhood of $445,000 and sold $575-600,000, less realtor fees, legals, lost equity in carrying costs (interest payment, HOA fees, taxes and utilities) for the many months they have sat vacant, any equity they would have had would be eaten up.

In that perspective, the interest only payments they made over their 5-6 year occupancy could be considered rent, probably less rent than they are paying now in Flagstaff.

• Love 9

My guess as to why Logan is no longer actively involved in the show.

In the early days, it was believed that the TLC check went to "Kody Brown Family Enterprises."  One check, which was doled out (probably not equally) to each "wife."  

I suspect that as some of the kids attained the age of majority, they were no longer willing to appear unless they got a share of the money.  And - my gut feeling only - Logan didn't want to have to continue to kowtow to Kody, and opted to pay his own way through life instead of continuing to be a second-generation grifter.

He shows up at the weddings, because he loves his siblings.  Maybe TLC is willing to pay him a bit if he has lines, and Kody has nothing to say about it because Logan is now an adult.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

In the early days, it was believed that the TLC check went to "Kody Brown Family Enterprises."  One check, which was doled out (probably not equally) to each "wife."  

I suspect that as some of the kids attained the age of majority, they were no longer willing to appear unless they got a share of the money.  And - my gut feeling only - Logan didn't want to have to continue to kowtow to Kody, and opted to pay his own way through life instead of continuing to be a second-generation grifter.

He shows up at the weddings, because he loves his siblings.  Maybe TLC is willing to pay him a bit if he has lines, and Kody has nothing to say about it because Logan is now an adult.

I find it very interesting that there doesn't appear to be a strong father/son bond between Kody and any of his older boys.  The older girls all seem to be trying to forge an optimistic "daddy's girl" relationship that they have been yearning for since childhood.  This all seems relative when you consider that each child is only one of eighteen and the boys have taken a realistic viewpoint, where the girls are idealistic. 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I find it very interesting that there doesn't appear to be a strong father/son bond between Kody and any of his older boys.  The older girls all seem to be trying to forge an optimistic "daddy's girl" relationship that they have been yearning for since childhood.  This all seems relative when you consider that each child is only one of eighteen and the boys have taken a realistic viewpoint, where the girls are idealistic. 

This is interesting to me as well.  I wonder if the boys, when they were younger, just enjoyed soaking up time with their dad, time that they didn't have to fight for, but as they grew older it became clear to them that their mothers were having to split their time with Kody and as the boys matured, they saw the unfairness in that.  With the girls, they seem to be marrying the first guy that comes along because - since Kody preferred spending time with his boys - his girls have all become accustomed to having to fight for whatever scraps of attention they could get from Kody, just like their mothers.  Kody could've raised a batch of chest-pounding misogynistic boys, but thank goodness, that didn't happen.  His girls, well - they jury's still out but with mates such as Fat Tony and Possibly Plyg Mitch, it's not looking great so far.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

So is it 20th out of all the shows on TLC or the TLC related channels or all cable channels? Do they include news channels on cable and WeatherNation or TWC?    I can't believe that show has that many viewers.

20th out of all the cable shows of that day.  Yes, they include news and weather shows.  It usually takes a major weather event before a weather show makes the list.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I'm thinking along the same lines.  If they paid in the neighborhood of $445,000 and sold $575-600,000, less realtor fees, legals, lost equity in carrying costs (interest payment, HOA fees, taxes and utilities) for the many months they have sat vacant, any equity they would have had would be eaten up.

And don't forget to add in any equity line costs. I bet they cashed out the equity to buy the lots and house. I'd be surprised if they come away with ANY extra cash for the Prairie Plyg House. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they are in the red at this point.

• Love 12

I think in the best of circumstances it would be virtually impossible to be really close to 13 kids as the oldest group were growing up.  This is even more true with 3 women competing for his attention.   Then add in another new wife and 3 more kids.  Then move away form each other so you only see your dad every 4 days but even then you are competing with half a dozen others. Then Add in 2 new babies but at least you move closer together.

But then your father is an immature boy who demands everyone do what he wants just cause....

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:27 AM, antfitz said:

They also may have to use septic tank systems, which will eliminate the use of dishwashers and be very difficult to maintain with that many people.  You can have a dishwasher, but you will fill the tank up much more quickly. I would hate to have to use a septic system with that many people in one place.

I've lived with a septic system for decades. It's really no big deal (oh, beg pardon - "dill"). If properly constructed and of adequate size, it'll handle the household. I have a tank and leach field set up. I occasionally feed it a box of RidX or a bag of yeast (last time I had to have the tank pumped, and that was decades ago, the technician told me that baker's yeast does much the same thing as the commercially-sold "septic tank maintenance" products. It just gets the digestive action going/keeps it going). I don't have a garbage disposal, but I do have a dishwasher, laundry equipment and so forth. It's like anything else: build it right the first time and you won't have regrets later.

Now that I've just reread that last sentence, and realizing that we are talking about Kody and The Klowns, I guess I might have to take that back. Since the septic system is "out of sight, out of mind", THAT'S the area where they are apt to save a few bucks. Well, may I suggest outhouses? And they can beat their laundry on rocks in that swell fishing pond!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Plus Logan has a career planned and he doesn't want it tainted by being associated with the Browns circus.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, B in Lee said:

I've lived with a septic system for decades. It's really no big deal (oh, beg pardon - "dill"). If properly constructed and of adequate size, it'll handle the household. I have a tank and leach field set up. I occasionally feed it a box of RidX or a bag of yeast (last time I had to have the tank pumped, and that was decades ago, the technician told me that baker's yeast does much the same thing as the commercially-sold "septic tank maintenance" products. It just gets the digestive action going/keeps it going). I don't have a garbage disposal, but I do have a dishwasher, laundry equipment and so forth. It's like anything else: build it right the first time and you won't have regrets later.

Now that I've just reread that last sentence, and realizing that we are talking about Kody and The Klowns, I guess I might have to take that back. Since the septic system is "out of sight, out of mind", THAT'S the area where they are apt to save a few bucks. Well, may I suggest outhouses? And they can beat their laundry on rocks in that swell fishing pond!

My septic system works just fine with a dishwasher and a household of five poeple. I also grow great looking roses in the septic field!😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

I think in the best of circumstances it would be virtually impossible to be really close to 13 kids as the oldest group were growing up.  This is even more true with 3 women competing for his attention.   Then add in another new wife and 3 more kids.  Then move away form each other so you only see your dad every 4 days but even then you are competing with half a dozen others. Then Add in 2 new babies but at least you move closer together.

But then your father is an immature boy who demands everyone do what he wants just cause....

I agree, I think it would be hard to form strong bonds and carve out one on one time with that many wives and kids. I also think it's completely normal for fathers to bond more with sons and mothers with daughters. Aside from family outings, I spent time with my mother and sisters or doing my own thing, while my brother and father spent time together. I never felt neglected because Dad didn't take time for just me. My parents were always there for us, but I didn't feel like I needed all this special "quality time" with them. 

• Love 2