Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Leaving Las Vegas

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Can't confirm but you can't install the gas lines, water lines and electrical lines after the homes are built if they are built on slabs. 

Agree.  I have a friend who builds homes he is an independent builder.  He said I always suggest to people who ask, to find out how far away utilities will be and how much it will cost to run them.  Also someone to do a study to see if you will have enough water if you have to drill a well.  He said you could be looking at $100K easy just to get water and electric.  And to see if you will qualify for the additional cost to finance it.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Cara said:

Why do they keep saying it will take 2 years for the houses to be built? That seems like a awfully long time. 

First they have to sell all the homes in LV.  Then they have to see how much it will cost to get the new ones going.  I think there is still one home that needs to sell.  It's been almost a year just for that.  Then they will have to get funding for the new builds.  

• Love 1

When they were looking at the plans Kody and his bros said something about all the garages are in the basement.

IIRC it was a dug into ground type basement for the huge garage..... I'm wondering if that will even be allowed.

When we built our forever home the initial property we thought of buying didn't allow basements beyond a certain depth and size so we had to look for a different location and our basement is nowhere near the size of what Kody has planned.

I'm in canada but I'd love to know if anyone else knows about such things in the Flagstaff area.

Also what was up with the brother saying the wives can't walk passed someone else's area to go to the basement garage?.... I thought they expect to spend eternity together but they can't share garage access?  Wtf?

• Love 21

I'm curious about the big, ugly house they left in Utah. You know, the one they had to flee from in the middle of the night which traumatized their children?  Did they sell it or let it go in to foreclosure? I remember they had a very difficult time getting financing for the Vegas homes because their credit was so bad. 

18 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Kody keeps saying they are moving for the benefit of the family - a better life. But they know it will be at least 2 years before they are all back together.

In 2 years, Gabe, Aurora, Gwen will be college bound. Savanna and Brianna will be almost finished high school. 

Doesn't add up.

I'd say Janelle's family loses the most. She moves away from her grandchild. She rips Savannah away from likely the only friends (and Christine) she has (and has to start 8th grade at a new school - tough age). She rips Gabe from a high school he loves and a girlfriend. 

And Janelle doesn't get a 7 bedroom mansion like Robyn. Why didn't they show the other rentals? Hmm.

Please, Janelle. Explain how this benefits your family.

Camping.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, sucker4reality said:

Kody wanting time  to say goodbye was A) BS because we know how long they've still owned those houses and B) vindication because his kids didn't get that when they left Lehi!

I'd bet the neighbors were glad to see the backs of those UHauls!

Robyn's house and her poor neighbors in Flagstaff! Whew...

THIS. Especially the part about him getting his just desserts for ripping the kids from Lehi. And I agree the cul-de-sac neighbors are probably *elated* to get rid of the traffic, car carcasses, and camera crews! Most people in that part of town live there because it is quieter than the Strip/downtown etc.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  I have a friend who builds homes he is an independent builder.  He said I always suggest to people who ask, to find out how far away utilities will be and how much it will cost to run them.  Also someone to do a study to see if you will have enough water if you have to drill a well.  He said you could be looking at $100K easy just to get water and electric.  And to see if you will qualify for the additional cost to finance it.

They also may have to use septic tank systems, which will eliminate the use of dishwashers and be very difficult to maintain with that many people.  You can have a dishwasher, but you will fill the tank up much more quickly. I would hate to have to use a septic system with that many people in one place.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sokoke said:
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Don't knock Kody he's very busy with 4 jobs. He is a scammer a grifter a Drifter and a con artist. 

But tell  us how you really feel. Lol

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Can't confirm but you can't install the gas lines, water lines and electrical lines after the homes are built if they are built on slabs. 

I said below that 4 out they will probably need septic tank systems. Septic tank systems are not a benefit for large, large families.

• Love 3

It almost felt like Cody had to leave because he was running from something. None of this made sense.  I had to wonder is this where Robin wanted to live. She seems to be the one who has some control. Now that they're spread all over Flagstaff, he will probably "have" to spend more time at Robin's.  He will probably claim logistical concerns.

BTW, does he ever wash his hair??

Just now, antfitz said:

It almost felt like Cody had to leave because he was running from something. None of this made sense.  I had to wonder is this where Robin wanted to live. She seems to be the one who has some control. Now that they're spread all over Flagstaff, he will probably "have" to spend more time at Robin's.  He will probably claim logistical concerns.

BTW, does he ever wash his hair??

Btw,  I refuse to keep correcting how they spell their dumb names.... Or should I say dumb spelling.

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

I don’t think so, only because “making sense” and the Brown family do not go together.

It’s possible some money goes into a family pot, but I think the bulk of their TLC paychecks gets doled out to each individual sister wife.  They’ve been living as four separate families for years now.  

Also Mary was allowed to buy that B&B with her own money.  She sells those clothes. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

They also may have to use septic tank systems, which will eliminate the use of dishwashers and be very difficult to maintain with that many people.  You can have a dishwasher, but you will fill the tank up much more quickly. I would hate to have to use a septic system with that many people in one place.

I have a dishwasher with a septic system. However, if I wanted a garbage disposal it would need another tank. You do need to have the septic pumped out every so often, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, antfitz said:

I have had several homes with septic and dishwashers. Never been an issue.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm curious about the big, ugly house they left in Utah. You know, the one they had to flee from in the middle of the night which traumatized their children?  Did they sell it or let it go in to foreclosure? I remember they had a very difficult time getting financing for the Vegas homes because their credit was so bad. 

Someone who doesn't talk on this forum but posts links to their blogs said that they bought the house from Kody and it's a husband and two wives.  Elsewhere I have heard that Kody rents the house to relatives.  

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I have had several homes with septic and dishwashers. Never been an issue.

I have a septic and dishwasher but I also don't have a bazillion people using it.  Add in 4 washers and 3 more dishwashers and you're going to need a septic the size of Utah to handle the load.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I am wondering if the Browns are stupid enough to take whatever cash they get from the sale of the LV homes and go out and buy 3 more homes in Flagstaff.  Because you know they don't like renting. Then he will be crying next season because he can't pay the mortgage on the plague infested dust bowl that they sunk what $80.000 into.

I honestly do not understand their thought process and logic (yes, yes, I know!!  Browns + logic = non-existent!)   Nothing they are doing makes sense.   It seems to me that the Browns have all become rather full of themselves in the many years they have been on TV.  It's mind boggling how large the houses are that they MUST have.  It's shocking that the wives can't share an enormous house for even a few weeks.  It's ridiculous that they moved to another state in a frenzy for no apparent reason fathomable since their one reason was shot down immediately.  I.E. it would be cost efficient.  SERIOUSLY?   SERIOUSLY?  You can't expect ANYONE to believe that nonsense.  I will be surprised if any house/houses get built on that plot of land.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

I have a septic and dishwasher but I also don't have a bazillion people using it.  Add in 4 washers and 3 more dishwashers and you're going to need a septic the size of Utah to handle the load.

They would probably have to go with 4 separate septic systems as well as 4 individual wells.  That's pre-supposing that (a. He can get all the wifies onboard with his plan and (b. He ever gets that plan past zoning and building code restrictions. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

They would probably have to go with 4 separate septic systems as well as 4 individual wells.  That's pre-supposing that (a. He can get all the wifies onboard with his plan and (b. He ever gets that plan past zoning and building code restrictions. 

Well even if they build four separate houses on that property they will need the 4 septic systems and wells.  (Same amount).  The cost seems prohibitive!  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well even if they build four separate houses on that property they will need the 4 septic systems and wells.  (Same amount).  The cost seems prohibitive!  

Considering that they are selling the LV homes for much less than they had originally counted on, in Janelle and Meri's instances, at least $100,000 each, I would be shocked if they ever broke ground on the Plains of Plague.

• Love 8

Really, at this point "2 years" to build on the land sounds like it would be pushing it. I can't imagine how long it would even take for everyone (Kody and wives) to agree on exactly what is to be built (whether it be one or four homes) , get the funds, the permits, etc. and break ground. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

I have a dishwasher with a septic system. However, if I wanted a garbage disposal it would need another tank. You do need to have the septic pumped out every so often, though.

And I'm sure you don't have 18 children.  And yes you do have to have them pumped out periodically, but with families like that you would have to have it pumped out every year, and that can be very expensive. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, DaisyDuke said:

Also, Robyn’s daughter sobbing in the new mansion...maybe angels were singking...there were a ton of trees...but girl STFU!

Robyn is crafting Aurora in her own image.  Use tears to snag your man!  Cry whenever you aren't getting your way/getting enough attention/need to change your family's mind about something they don't want to do!  It's kind of unsettling to see Aurora acting just like her stealth evil mother.  I also noticed that in the couch sessions where the girls appeared, guess who did all of the talking?  Sadly, Aurora is learning from the very best.  It's scary.

10 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

When Janelle walked into Robyn or Christine’s house wearing capris, all I could think was maybe it would be a good idea to strive outside so her legs match the tan she has above the waist. 

When I saw that I legit thought, why is Janelle wearing white support hose in the Las Vegas heat?  Then I realized it was her actual legs.  I don't think I've even seen snow that white.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I absolutly agree. I grew up in a house with one.  No disposal.   With that many people, it would backup all the time; and it would be in their garages, now if they build them underground.

1 hour ago, Adiba said:

• Love 1
9 hours ago, sandyskyblue said:

My uneducated guess is that the property needs sewers, electricity, gas, possibly roads, etc, all put in before any building of a home(s) can start?  Can anyone confirm?

That makes sense I guess. I was just thinking about the actual building of the houses. We built a house years ago and it took 5-6 months.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I honestly do not understand their thought process and logic (yes, yes, I know!!  Browns + logic = non-existent!)   Nothing they are doing makes sense.   It seems to me that the Browns have all become rather full of themselves in the many years they have been on TV.  It's mind boggling how large the houses are that they MUST have.  It's shocking that the wives can't share an enormous house for even a few weeks.  It's ridiculous that they moved to another state in a frenzy for no apparent reason fathomable since their one reason was shot down immediately.  I.E. it would be cost efficient.  SERIOUSLY?   SERIOUSLY?  You can't expect ANYONE to believe that nonsense.  I will be surprised if any house/houses get built on that plot of land.

I think he just does these things to create a story line for the show. I also think he picked Arizona because it would be further for meri  to travel from the B and B.  She might go there more often and stay longer, and I don't think he would mind. I think his excuse for divorcing her was not at all about Robin's children. That story was to get the viewers to sympathize with him.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Janelle is a terrible mother. How do you not know your son hasn't done diddly to pack up his room? Does she pay no attention at all? Even the day of Maddie's wedding she wanted to leave and go fishing by herself that morning instead of staying close to Maddie. Talk about no fucks to give.....

I thought it was terrible when she wouldn't backup Gabe. With all he had done while he was in school, they should have found a way for him to stay in Vegas. I thought it was mean spirited and selfish of Cody. If this doesn't show all those kids not to be polygamists, I don't know what would.  You have to follow wherever some moron leads you,  unless of course, you are the moron.

BTW, did he really pay $800,000 for that land?

• Love 7
20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Thanks Sandy.  Yes, FT would have been there if there were tacos to be eaten!

He is so overweight and out of shape he couldn't have helped.

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, antfitz said:

He is so overweight and out of shape he couldn't have helped.

Mitch and Aspyn were there helping with the move, I saw a quick shot of them in Flag when Kody was giving one of his speeches. Mitch has really put on the pounds, too, but at least he was there to help. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Mitch and Aspyn were there helping with the move, I saw a quick shot of them in Flag when Kody was giving one of his speeches. Mitch has really put on the pounds, too, but at least he was there to help. 

Logan and Michelle live right there in LV, I was surprised to see they weren't there to help with at least the loading of the homes, even if they couldn't take time from studies to travel to Flagstaff for the load out.  It wouldn't surprise me if he is fed up with the whole shitshow and just shows up for weddingks and big events in the future.

• Love 11

Although it would have made sense for some wives to live together while waiting for Kody to create Chez Plyg, I understand why they don’t want to. Imagine having to make yourself scarce every fourth day when man bun arrives to poke your roommate. Ugh. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, lilsadone said:

Yeah, but Mary having a big house probably doesn't have anything to do with Kody or any other wives wishes. We learned during their building of the vegas houses that Mary wants to have a bunch of shit she never needs or will use. If Mary has a huge rental, that's 100% what Mary wanted for herself and she likely found some way to justify it...

But to be honest, I think Mary is making the most money of all the wives now with her peddling of that MLM clothing line. She seems to be the most successful at it (I think Christine and a couple of the daughters sell it, too). It's how she was able to buy the B&B by herself. And honestly, good for her. She gets the LEAST out of the sisterwife setup and has no relaltionship with Kody - why not have a big ol house all to yourself. 

I feel the same way. Mary earns it She recently was able to take a big vacation paid for by the company. The article said that she must make about 12000 a month to have gotten this vacation. I hope she doesn't share that money. Does anybody know what happened to the jewelry line? Robins ego business?

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I am no longer in bikini shape, so I don't like to really fat shame,  but does Cody like them big?    And does anybody remember Christine crying over cutting up her wedding dress? That thing looked like a satin tent.  It was hideous. 

7 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Although it would have made sense for some wives to live together while waiting for Kody to create Chez Plyg, I understand why they don’t want to. Imagine having to make yourself scarce every fourth day when man bun arrives to poke your roommate. Ugh. 

ewwww

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

re. "My uneducated guess is that the property needs sewers, electricity, gas, possibly roads, etc, all put in before any building of a home(s) can start?  Can anyone confirm?"

As an engineer who specializes in mechanical-electical-plumbing, yes utilities need to be I place even before a home building permit is issued.  In developed cities utilities have to be run from existing infrastructure to the site.  However, if these homes are far out in the country, local utility points of connections may not be available. The Brown compound may need to install possible water wells, sewer septic leach field, and use tank propane instead of utility natural gas, and getting utility electric power could be expensive for a long distance run.  As for roads, many areas such as incorporated county areas are making the homeowners build a private road, not extending public roads.  Buyers of remote country property often do not factor these costs into their project, does any one wonder how they got all that land for the cost as the market knows there are all these extra costs... Cootie is no real estate genius.... 

Edited by Arthur Jury
  • Useful 12
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I doubt he has sex that often any more.   And I will just toss this out there - do you ladies in monogamous relationships have sex every single night of the week... every night of the month - of every year?  lol     In a polygamous relationship, you can sleep next to each other and not have sexual relations.  In fact, as you get older it is MORE likely you will sleep beside each other more often than you have sex.   

• Love 7
On 4/8/2019 at 8:13 AM, laurakaye said:

Oh, the body language here!  Kody hardy-har-har's about another husband because he's so busy with this stupid move, he doesn't have time to properly scrunch his hair.  Christine and Robyn smugly smirk 'cause they're getting all the visits from lil' Kody, so no problems there.  Janelle outwardly guffaws because she doesn't care one way or the other.  MERI, on the other hand...whoa.  If looks could kill, Kody would be nothing more than a little pile of frizzy-fried hair and faded denim.     

Logan's absence was the only good thing about this episode.  I imagine he no longer wants anything to do with his family's crazed moving dramz, and good for him.

I love this.  When the kids were younger, they were far more likely to follow their parents because that's what little kids do.  I absolutely love that we are getting the unvarnished truth from the Brown kids as they become adults.  Aspyn, Gabe, Maddie - all have told us that their parents are flakes whose constant moves have no sound reasoning or logic.

At Taco Bell.

WTF??  Meri wasn't even mentioned in the tweet!  Cognitive dissonance?  What is he talking about??  Did he smack himself in the head with his diffuser too many times?

I loved hearing Maddie talk. She moved there to be with them and then they move away.  I was proud of her and of Gabe.  Both of them stood their ground. Of course I sympathize with Gabe because I'm a high school teacher and I've seen this happen before. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

When they were looking at the plans Kody and his bros said something about all the garages are in the basement.

IIRC it was a dug into ground type basement for the huge garage..... I'm wondering if that will even be allowed.

When we built our forever home the initial property we thought of buying didn't allow basements beyond a certain depth and size so we had to look for a different location and our basement is nowhere near the size of what Kody has planned.

I'm in canada but I'd love to know if anyone else knows about such things in the Flagstaff area.

Also what was up with the brother saying the wives can't walk passed someone else's area to go to the basement garage?.... I thought they expect to spend eternity together but they can't share garage access?  Wtf?

I love the moniker you use here, And I'm jealous and wish I had thought of it. Lol

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I love the moniker you use here, And I'm jealous and wish I had thought of it. Lol

Every time I see that moniker pop up, I mentally tack on "avast me hearties" in my best pirate speak, because she always has something to say that I want to listen up to.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I honestly do not understand their thought process and logic (yes, yes, I know!!  Browns + logic = non-existent!)   Nothing they are doing makes sense.   It seems to me that the Browns have all become rather full of themselves in the many years they have been on TV.  It's mind boggling how large the houses are that they MUST have.  It's shocking that the wives can't share an enormous house for even a few weeks.  It's ridiculous that they moved to another state in a frenzy for no apparent reaso

Mind-boggling, shocking, ridiculous and frenzy-Those are the keywords in the TLC formula to generate viewers and buzz for the show.

I believe the reason it makes no sense is because it isn’t “real”-it is made-up drama for the viewing audience’s pleasure or rage.  I don’t think they give two shits about what people think about them or if any of their bullshit makes sense, as long as folks tune in for the next episode, follow them on social media and/or buy LulaOMGno from one of them.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Logan and Michelle live right there in LV, I was surprised to see they weren't there to help with at least the loading of the homes, even if they couldn't take time from studies to travel to Flagstaff for the load out.  It wouldn't surprise me if he is fed up with the whole shitshow and just shows up for weddingks and big events in the future.

Was Logan at Aspyn and Mitch’s wedding?  I’m guessing the answer is yes, but it’s interesting that he doesn’t participate in the show anymore.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Was Logan at Aspyn and Mitch’s wedding?  I’m guessing the answer is yes, but it’s interesting that he doesn’t participate in the show anymore.

Logan and Michelle were both there but in the background, I don't recall any dialogue from them.

My question is where was Annie, she is Aspyn's bio grandma.

• Love 3