Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Leaving Las Vegas

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

7000 square feet?  Puh-leeze.  That's just ridiculous.

Exactly... Way over the top.

I would imagine it gets pretty cold in Flagstaff for a good portion of the year and heating that place will cost a fortune... Especially with the glass room in center... That was one of the reasons we didn't like the house we used to have with that type of glass room, heat loss through the glass walls.... hubby is an energy freak and always trying to find ways to make our home more energy efficient.. Drove him nuts lol

I guess the Brown's have money to burn because they toss it around like it grows on trees. 🙄

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Yeah, I don't think it was the chouse. (Chaos.)  They had their own little corner of the world away from everybody else - but never say never.  

One of my sons applied to C.U. in November of 2018 for the Fall of 2019.  He JUST heard a month ago that he was accepted (middle to end of March.)  That would make complete sense that Dayton applied - and was accepted last Spring.  Robyn started panicking, and she and Kody discussed the situation and decided they needed to go there as a family.  The rest is history - family meeting where most everyone (especially the kids) were shocked except Robyn - the mad RUSH to move ASAP because of course they had to move there before school started for Dayton - and the fact that they didn't drive anywhere else for a tree visit to see if ANYWHERE else would be suitable - and more affordable!

I'm beginning to think that they had Flagstaff on the brain BEFORE Dayton applied for colleges, and that was the reason he applied there.  I don't know what their real motive for moving was, but I think they explored a number of places in Utah and Arizona before they chose Flagstaff for whatever reason, I just don't think it was Dayton.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Sokoke said:

I'm beginning to think that they had Flagstaff on the brain BEFORE Dayton applied for colleges, and that was the reason he applied there.  I don't know what their real motive for moving was, but I think they explored a number of places in Utah and Arizona before they chose Flagstaff for whatever reason, I just don't think it was Dayton.

Who knows?  But then why did they have to move RIGHTTHENRIGHTTHERERIGHTAWAY to get everyone settled the day before school started in a new state?  If it wasn't for Dayton, couldn't they have taken more time?  Because this move has certainly cost them a pretty penny and continues to be a HUGE financial drain and headache - for... what????

• Love 5
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've always wanted to visit New England.  Tell you what, @Gothish520, if you ever buy a B & B, like our dear Meri did, I'll be there!  Wouldn't it be fun if we could have a get-together of SW watchers there?  LuLaNo outfits optional.

Invite me too!  I also live in Connecticut.

• Love 3

Heads up - feeling used because I clicked on a "new" headline about Kody Brown Bigamy Arizona but it was just Radar Online BS with "legal experts" reciting the current laws.

I took one for the team, so you don't have to go there. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Who knows?  But then why did they have to move RIGHTTHENRIGHTTHERERIGHTAWAY to get everyone settled the day before school started in a new state?  If it wasn't for Dayton, couldn't they have taken more time?  Because this move has certainly cost them a pretty penny and continues to be a HUGE financial drain and headache - for... what????

Procrastination maybe?  New school year, coupled with interest only loans expiring?  My tv fantasy is a new girlfriend is somehow involved.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sokoke said:

Procrastination maybe?  New school year, coupled with interest only loans expiring?  My tv fantasy is a new girlfriend is somehow involved.

I am LOVING your fantasy - but alas - I don't think it could happen.  Robyn said "no".

• LOL 5
On 4/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, Arthur Jury said:

re. "My uneducated guess is that the property needs sewers, electricity, gas, possibly roads, etc, all put in before any building of a home(s) can start?  Can anyone confirm?"

As an engineer who specializes in mechanical-electical-plumbing, yes utilities need to be I place even before a home building permit is issued.  In developed cities utilities have to be run from existing infrastructure to the site.  However, if these homes are far out in the country, local utility points of connections may not be available. The Brown compound may need to install possible water wells, sewer septic leach field, and use tank propane instead of utility natural gas, and getting utility electric power could be expensive for a long distance run.  As for roads, many areas such as incorporated county areas are making the homeowners build a private road, not extending public roads.  Buyers of remote country property often do not factor these costs into their project, does any one wonder how they got all that land for the cost as the market knows there are all these extra costs... Cootie is no real estate genius.... 

I have no idea the cost in AZ but during one of the fires in Montecito, the fire destroyed all but my sisters property on their road.  The road was not maintained by the city and didn't have the apparatus for fire hoses to hook up nor were they wide enough for a rig.  The community was told you need to widen the road and install the hookups before any building permits were approved.  It cost all the residents on that little road that was built in the late 60's/early 70's a freaking fortune (well over a million).  And caused a lot of infighting about who was paying for what.  This was a little hippie conclave above and below the really wealthy areas. I don't see the Brown's being able to take on those costs.  Not when there are hair products to purchase for Kody.  

Let's be real.  These people fly by the seat of their pants in all aspects of their lives.  They will be in these rentals awhile I think.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D1C49489-7559-4345-B893-F1DA78CB1FB8.jpeg

A167985A-AB20-47C2-8F00-E8AE0F067186.jpeg

Robyn’s house is on the left. There’s a house next to it that you can’t see. The street from the gate comes in on the right side of the picture.

Robyn's house is on the left but what about the other three?  Whose is whose?  Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Sokoke said:

I can't imagine any "girl" wanting anything to do with Kootie even if Robyn would allow it.

Maybe a "grannyfriend" Or "600lbBLOBfriend" Or "oldDUDEdressedLikeaGIRLfriend"....  Something along those lines but definitely no "girlfriend"  

Who knows, wth all his ONE house hi-jinx... . Kooties only girlfriend might be.... Rosey Palm  

• LOL 4
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D1C49489-7559-4345-B893-F1DA78CB1FB8.jpeg

A167985A-AB20-47C2-8F00-E8AE0F067186.jpeg

Robyn’s house is on the left. There’s a house next to it that you can’t see. The street from the gate comes in on the right side of the picture.

Whose house has just a dirt backyard?  I would have saved some $ on the inside and spent more on the outside space.  It looks like a litterbox.  If I had to guess I would say Janelle.

• LOL 4
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Whose house has just a dirt backyard?  I would have saved some $ on the inside and spent more on the outside space.  It looks like a litterbox.  If I had to guess I would say Janelle.

From overhead drone shot, there are two houses with back corners that look like a litterbox, adjacent to each other.  Meri's and Janelle's lots.  Maybe they aren't landscaped to save money and water resources, but maybe there's some other reason?  Any Vegas residents know why?  

Edited by Sokoke
Just saw LilWharvey's post of lot layout ownership
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Isn't it just typical of sloth wife Janelle to have a good portion of the lot in dirt.

I think that's one of the things that bugs me the most about her... When she sat there in the TH and said how she couldn't be bothered and didn't really care and the others could decide on the Flagstaff property I was disgusted.

She said it like it was a good thing and like she just doesn't worry or fuss about things and all I could think was BS you're just LAZY!

You'd think at least for the sake of her kids she'd have some input... But nope... It takes too much energy.

She started out all on her highhorse about not moving Gabe and as soon as she saw it was going to take more effort than the initial "No I'm not moving Gabe" she just rolled over and ate another donut.

She never cares about anything enough to do it PROPERLY whether that means her Strive stuff, preparing a bathroom for a home birth, advocating for her kids, following a low fat recipe, figuring out how to use a composter, making a healthy lunch for her grandson or anything else... She takes one look at what's required and if it doesn't fall into her lap fully formed she just waddles over to the nearest couch,  plops her ass down and zones out under the guise of being the calm easy going wife.

She's either the laziest blob on the planet or she's suffering from depression... Either way she should seek help.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I can't imagine any "girl" wanting anything to do with Kootie even if Robyn would allow it.

Maybe a "grannyfriend" Or "600lbBLOBfriend" Or "oldDUDEdressedLikeaGIRLfriend"....  Something along those lines but definitely no "girlfriend"  

Who knows, wth all his ONE house hi-jinx... . Kooties only girlfriend might be.... Rosey Palm  

Rosey, you're all right, you wear my ring!

Great song.  Yeah, I'll vote for Kootie's right hand.

• LOL 4

Janelle left that big portion dirt because they used to park the moving trailer there.  Meri’s was dirt because Kody never helped her landscape.  He put all his time into Robyn’s back yard.  

• Love 7

Even though the inside finishing was pretty much contractor grade and cheap they are still pretty nice considering the Browns didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of when they moved to Vegas.

Four huge homes all in a cul-de-sac with quick access for kootie, total privacy for each wife and a security gate to keep out looky loos.

Why would you leave that ideal set-up other than you cant afford it and need to run away again... I'm not buying the "It was never our plan to stay in Vegas" story because initially they talked about loving Vegas, that Kootie always wanted to move there.... sure sounded like it WAS their plan to stay and they buried a time capsule for that very reason.

Good thingk Janelles dreams of opening a gym never panned out or a bunch of people would be left with paid membership to nothing as the Brown clowns skipped town in a 17 caravan gypsy wagon.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Janelle left that big portion dirt because they used to park the moving trailer there.  Meri’s was dirt because Kody never helped her landscape.  He put all his time into Robyn’s back yard.  

No doubt Robyn nagged him to death, reminding him that Solomon needed to have a place to play (and later Areola) so it needed to be done NOWNOWNOW!   <~~ Kinda like moving.

Heaven forbid the kids played on one of the other wives' plot of ground, they are so segregated.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

At least the 3 others have some type of shade structure for the back yard. I cant imagine trying to enjoy outside without the sun beating down on you.

Robyn also had the pavilion that they built for the commitment ceremony, way off in the corner of the lot, abutting Meri's property.  Before the realtor advised them to put fences up, Meri may have sought refuge from the sun over there.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tinderbox said:

Robyn's house is on the left but what about the other three?  Whose is whose?  Thanks.

Christine looks like she has the smallest plot of land, but could be her land is in the front yard.  It just looks much smaller.  Robyn and Meri look like they have the largest lots.

15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Isn't it just typical of sloth wife Janelle to have a good portion of the lot in dirt.

I think that's one of the things that bugs me the most about her... When she sat there in the TH and said how she couldn't be bothered and didn't really care and the others could decide on the Flagstaff property I was disgusted.

She said it like it was a good thing and like she just doesn't worry or fuss about things and all I could think was BS you're just LAZY!

You'd think at least for the sake of her kids she'd have some input... But nope... It takes too much energy.

She started out all on her highhorse about not moving Gabe and as soon as she saw it was going to take more effort than the initial "No I'm not moving Gabe" she just rolled over and ate another donut.

She never cares about anything enough to do it PROPERLY whether that means her Strive stuff, preparing a bathroom for a home birth, advocating for her kids, following a low fat recipe, figuring out how to use a composter, making a healthy lunch for her grandson or anything else... She takes one look at what's required and if it doesn't fall into her lap fully formed she just waddles over to the nearest couch,  plops her ass down and zones out under the guise of being the calm easy going wife.

She's either the laziest blob on the planet or she's suffering from depression... Either way she should seek help.

You are SPOT ON in your analysis of Janelle!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn also had the pavilion that they built for the commitment ceremony, way off in the corner of the lot, abutting Meri's property.  Before the realtor advised them to put fences up, Meri may have sought refuge from the sun over there.

I think you are giving Meri too much credit . She is probably inside selling her craptastic attire and finding a new and real Sam 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I think you are giving Meri too much credit . She is probably inside selling her craptastic attire and finding a new and real Sam 

Inside, layering on the orange goop, telling herself that's it's healthier to clog her pores than sit outside in the sun.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
Just now, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Well no Billionaire is going to look twice at Meri when he could have a big-boobed Playboy bunny look alike on his arm with gorgeous long hair who is in her 20's. (Meri should have pondered that when she was chatting online with "Sam").  I think her bar might be set too high.  Selling Lularot I can only imagine the kinds of men you might meet. 

image.png.535793d750613d1d5487e80eced9371e.png

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Well no Billionaire is going to look twice at Meri when he could have a big-boobed Playboy bunny look alike on his arm with gorgeous long hair who is in her 20's. (Meri should have pondered that when she was chatting online with "Sam").  I think her bar might be set too high.  Selling Lularot I can only imagine the kinds of men you might meet. 

image.png.535793d750613d1d5487e80eced9371e.png

Well Meri, Mariah and him all have one thingk in common, the eyebrows 

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Well Meri, Mariah and him all have one thingk in common, the eyebrows 

That will be the mutual attraction.  They will spy each other across the Lularot Cruise ship and zero in on the small marsupials each sports above their eyeballs and it will be love at first sight!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 4/11/2019 at 6:42 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

they had to have been cash poor, they couldn't even afford to put in at least 1 pool that they all could have shared in the scorching hot summer

Harumph!! the title of this thread got changed.   Boo to the folks at Primetimer.  Also I had to re-enter all my info to get back in.     Boo Hiss!!

Nope, they need a 5th wife named Violet who has a Mercedes, swimming pool/sauna, and room for a pony.  

The most logical place for the pool would have been at Meri's as she had only an older child. At the time they moved in, I think the other 3 wives all had young children.  I think all the backyards connected so a pool would be problematic with that many kids running around.  And it would make the insurance go up as well.   Plus they probably couldn't afford it.  There was an earlier episode where they went swimming at a neighbor's house, but I don't recall seeing a pool in the picture of the street someone posted.  Of course, I probably wasn't looking too closely.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Harumph!! the title of this thread got changed.   Boo to the folks at Primetimer.  Also I had to re-enter all my info to get back in.     Boo Hiss!!

Nope, they need a 5th wife named Violet who has a Mercedes, swimming pool/sauna, and room for a pony.  

The most logical place for the pool would have been at Meri's as she had only an older child. At the time they moved in, I think the other 3 wives all had young children.  I think all the backyards connected so a pool would be problematic with that many kids running around.  And it would make the insurance go up as well.   Plus they probably couldn't afford it.  There was an earlier episode where they went swimming at a neighbor's house, but I don't recall seeing a pool in the picture of the street someone posted.  Of course, I probably wasn't looking too closely.

I love that show, I still watch reruns.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Twopper said:

Laughing about the "Hyacinth" reference--loved that show too

They could have put a pool a Christine's with a safety fence around it--and tapped everyone (including Kody) for money to build it. It wouldn't have added any, if much, value to the home, so it wouldn't have been that Christine was somehow getting an advantage when selling.

18 minutes ago, Adiba said:

They could have put a pool a Christine's with a safety fence around it--and tapped everyone (including Kody) for money to build it. It wouldn't have added any, if much, value to the home, so it wouldn't have been that Christine was somehow getting an advantage when selling.

Based on that overhead shot, it doesn't look like anyone had much room for a pool, especially the way the plots are divided.  Maybe a lap pool.  I thought Christine's house was the one set back the most from the street. And the fence would take up the rest of the yard space unless they did what our neighbor did--put the pool in the very back corner where there are already walls, then he just needed to put the safety fence on 2 sides.  Even with the fencing, a pool with that many kids around would make me nervous.   On the other hand, it would have been great in the summer heat, and maybe it would have kept the adults from getting chunky.

• Love 4
On 4/10/2019 at 3:01 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I'm a tree fanatic so yes that area would drive me nuts.

When hubby and I first married we lived in Calgary and trees were a precious commodity and few and far between... I grew up on the coast in BC where there's an abundance of old growth timber and heritage trees... I told hubby I wanted to move back to BC and build a house on property with trees taller than broomsticks lol

We now have heritage trees all over our yard and the entire street is lined on both sides with them. ❤

This is my backyard and I love it even though it's a little scary during high winds... The trees singk and not in a happy way  😦

_20190410_150018.JPG

This looks like heaven to me! I am in the bay area but grew up in WV and Maryland, and the dearth of trees here makes me super bummed out. But I recently visited the desert area in SoCal and it makes the bay area look like a rainforest, so I'm just counting my blessings now. I know it's cheaper to live there, and polygamy in the US has a history in desert areas, but even with its vast beauty and wide open skies, I get a little panicky without trees. It looks like outer space to me. And the bland overdevelopment of where they lived is overwhelmingly lonely.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, monagatuna said:

This looks like heaven to me! I am in the bay area but grew up in WV and Maryland, and the dearth of trees here makes me super bummed out. But I recently visited the desert area in SoCal and it makes the bay area look like a rainforest, so I'm just counting my blessings now. I know it's cheaper to live there, and polygamy in the US has a history in desert areas, but even with its vast beauty and wide open skies, I get a little panicky without trees. It looks like outer space to me. And the bland overdevelopment of where they lived is overwhelmingly lonely.

I totally agree and especially with your comment about outer space.

It kind of reminds me of the surface of the moon, lots of dusty dry dirt with rocks and boulders and unlike the moon a few scruffy pine trees here and there.

I completely understand your observation of the bland overdevelopment & a feeling of loneliness.

I NEED lots of trees around me and as many different types as possible. 👍

• Love 6

Can someone please help me out, here?  We all seem pretty certain that the 'Leavingk Las Vegas' is likely due to incredible lack of foresight and planning for the long term, an indiscernible process of decision making, and general idiocy  finances and that Flagstaff was chosen because angels/trees/singingk  Day-uhn is attendingk college there. My question is this: is Day-uhn so disabled that he still requires his mother's constant supervision and such that the inept caveman overlord must include a second en-suite setup in the Mountain View McMansion Monstrosity of Prairie Dog Plague for Day-uhn to live the rest of his days? I think I remember him as being on the autism spectrum, but there are many on the spectrum who live independently, attend school, and hold down jobs. Is Robyn pathologically overprotective and controlling or is Day-uhn truly incapable of independent or semi-Independent living?  

I adore my (now tween/early teen) children and on occasion reminisce about when they were little, but I have always maintained that one of the most important aspects of parenting is teaching them to individuate and learn how to independently take care of themselves. I have always tried to teach them how to make wise decisions and guided them through age appropriate independence. Right now, as they navigate their lives, they have my husband and I to guide them and offer safety nets as they figure things out. I won't be around forever to make decisions for my kids, and Robyn won't always be there for her kids. 

The fact that many children and four households are being uprooted, the high schoolers' achievements and excellent opportunities have been denied, the kids' pain and struggle have been dismissed and even ridiculed, these people irresponsibly purchased undeveloped land without considering all that is involved (water, sewer, electricity, road construction), they bought land and a house before selling the four Vegas homes, they are renting three home of varying sizes and locations, they are effectively ensuring financial ruin, and by abandoning the place the majority of the kids have spent their formative years, Kody's desire to have all the kids and grandchildren around perpetually is actually accomplishing the opposite --I hope the cost is worth it just to be close to one kid..... who is an adult in college. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

My question is this: is Day-uhn so disabled that he still requires his mother's constant supervision and such that the inept caveman overlord must include a second en-suite setup in the Mountain View McMansion Monstrosity of Prairie Dog Plague for Day-uhn to live the rest of his days?

Apparently Robochin thinks so.  However, she was stupid enough to post that he took a three week camping trip by himself and has since returned alive and well.  That woman is the poster child for helicopter mother.  

• Love 13
22 hours ago, Twopper said:

Yeah, what I am about to say will definitely be pulled as "off-topic", but I will say it anyway while I still can.   I had a HELL of a time getting back in yesterday because I created my account years ago and stored the password.  I tried to get in too many times (five) and was locked out for hours.  Nice!   I changed my password and STILL have no clue what password I used back then.

Also - a LOT of us have been posting here for a long time.  We get off-topic sometimes, but we always end up BACK on topic.  And we've never been mean to other posters or made fun of them or ever once been out of line.  Now all-of-a-sudden it seems like there a lot of issues with posting.  I LIKE the monitors - or whatever they are called - they have a great sense-of-humor (well the one that I've seen post) so I am not coming down on them.  I just think Primetimer is a bit strict when it comes to adults being allowed to be themselves.  We DO behave.

And now the Browns left Las Vegas and might be jailed because of Arizona state laws?  Oh the irony!  

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And now the Browns left Las Vegas and might be jailed because of Arizona state laws?  Oh the irony!  

I would love for someone to post to Kody on twitter about the Arizona polygamy laws and see if he posts back.  The whole reason they are "exiled" is the laws on the books in Utah (so says Kody).  I wonder if they will ever mention the Arizona laws.

• Love 2