Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Showdown at Villa Rosa

• Start Topic

I got through this episode quickly and fast forwarded through anything VPD and the cycle event. Blah, blah, blah boring. I'm tired of all the fucking dogs.

I'd swear I was watching Vicki Gunvalson in a brunette wig.  Never admits to anything wrong even when her shenanigans smelling like a foul "stinking rose"and had her name all over it. It got away from her, backfired on her, in my opinion and it's why she can't have a conversation without blowing up, or running away, and also not allowing another person to speak.

LVP sure likes to swear on her family's lives when she trying to justify herself. Same exact words she spouted at Adrianne years ago when she was caught.

I'm ok with them throwing Kyle out as it's their home but I don't believe a word LVP or krusty Ken says.

I thought the rings the woman made were god awful. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Ok... Who does the ROL article benefit ?
- Dorit.

Why ?
-In order to deflect from what happened in "I don't remember where" [EDIT : in the Bahams ! Silly me !], with the UK lady chasing Dorit near the swimming pool about the money PK and her owed to one of her friends, if I'm not mistaken... (and it kinda worked, as we're STILL talking about puppygate more than PeeFail...)

So, to summarize, LISA planned the outing of Dorit (the one Teddi was part of and the others are talking about), but DORIT and/or PK is/are the sources of the ROL article ! And that could explain why I was really thinking that LVP was telling the truth with Kyle and felt so hurt (because, yes, if I didn't believed her regarding what happened with Teddi, I believed her -and even Ken !- on that one)

ETA, for clarity, I hope, lol : There are TWO "leakers"/"manipulators" here ! LVP first, with the VDPD "is this the dog ?" AND Dorit/PK for the ROL article ! Both have played the others and have been played by them ! And nobody believes Lisa anymore, so Dorit and PK could continue to deflect... (Seriously, I'm probably crazy, because that make sense for me, lol !)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

How she thought VDPD would benefit, I have NO idea. If anything, the story getting out would make them look bad, as if they are inept at screening would-be pet owners, and don't enforce their own rules as far as penalties for improperly changing ownership of the dog (dumping the dog at another shelter, or even "giving the dog to a friend")

Everybody at VPD were so crazily incensed about the issue I believe when they put the story out there they weren't even thinking about how it could negatively impact them. They let their passion cloud their judgement and didn't contemplate any possible blowback.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Again, this feels a bit like shifting the goalposts. I certainly have never made the claim that she is the only manipulative one on this show. Brandi, Kim, and Yolanda also had pretty manipulative personalities. Of the current cast, she does strike me as being the most consciously manipulative, though I do think that Dorit is, as well.

The rest of the cast has other negative traits but for instance, I think people know where they stand with Rinna, Erika, and Teddi. Rinna is a loud-mouth people pleaser and Erika is cold but I don't think that they pretend to be okay with people when they aren't.

I am not trying to move the goal posts. Lemme go on record to say that (as far as I know) you have not ever said that LVP is the only manipulative HW.  I also do not mean to make you the de facto Lisa-Is-Manipulative banner holder. I'm just one of those very curious people (like Jerry, in that Seinfeld episode, with the lady who eats her peas one at a time -- I'm a very curious person -- I just have to know!). Perhaps I'm getting a lil too intense with it--mea culpa! and I apologize to you.

Just throwing this out to everyone who thinks LVP is the series manipulator now:

What I am now desperate to know  is what exactly makes Lisa the manipulative one (out of all the others). I know Kyle has said so, Erika's called her a sniper from the side, etc. plus more examples from other HWs that I can't think of right now. This accusation has been made about Lisa before. But they never say what it was that drew them to that conclusion. If there's something that I am missing, I'd like to know what it is.  What specifically has she done, over and above the others, that earns her the unique title of manipulator? What actions of Lisa's are behind the accusations? 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, nexxie said:

And how convenient to protest practices in other countries, but not work to change how veal and other meats are produced in her own country. I guess none of these products are served in her restaurants. Bullshit artist.

I totally agree and (sorry) off topic rant - The incredible cruelty and suffering of factory farming of cattle, pigs and chickens is heartbreaking.  Watch the YouTube videos of chicken's crammed together in their own filth and you might not enjoy those chicken wings so much. Crowded confined so they cannot move. No fields or fresh air for these animals. Pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormones.  It's no more awful than the Yelin dog trade. Pigs are just as intelligent as dogs, just not as pretty I guess so their suffering doesn't matter.

Lisa - how about working for some legislation in your own country?  Factory farming cruelty is monstrous.  How these workers sleep at night I don't know.  They have to be desensitized to witnessing cruelty and suffering on a daily basis.  

The whole puppygate drama seems manufactured to me. Kyle is filmed on the way to confront Lisa.  Cameras and lighting set up at Lisa's home for the confrontation.  Hubby is at hand to yell and protect wife and point to the door, all the time yanking that  dressed up dog who's feet never touch the ground.

Dorit is the  true winner here.  Somehow she's the victim sniffle sniffle - not the disposed of puppy.

(Glad puppy is fine now)

Sorry for rant.... but something has to be done about farm factories. 

• Love 12
(edited)
9 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

If I'm ever a rich bitch, I'd keep my animals alive forever.

I understand your sentiment.

It has always been hard for me to put down a beloved pet and make the hard decision. Even if I was rich I would have to consider the animals quality of life and ask myself am I starting or continuing treatment  for the animal's benefit or my own.

Edited by Giselle
Added an ' .....My animals own their benefit.
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

I understand your sentiment.

It has always been hard for me to put down a beloved pet and make the hard decision. Even if I was rich I would have to consider the animals quality of life. and ask myself am I starting or continuing treatment  for the animals benefit or my own.

I'll ALWAYS remember an advice I read on a forum (can't remember where !) which said (I summarize) : "What are the 3 favourites activities of your pet ? When he stops doing them, it's time..."

• Love 9

In regards to Rinna claiming that Lisa told her how to leak a story, wasn't her wording something like:

"She told me, 'if you ever have issues with the press, here's who to call.'"

Or something to that effect?  Which, to me, doesn't sound even remotely close to "Here's who to call if you want to get a story out there."  It's more like "If someone puts a story out about you, here's who to call to refute it."

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Carolina Girl said:

Do we know the period of time between Dorit telling Lisa that the dog was "rehomed" and when the shelter notified them Lucy was in their possession?  

According to Dorit and Lisa hasn't refuted this but it was the day after the dog was "REHOMED" she let Lisa personally know. and Lisa had zero problem with it.....

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Do we know the period of time between Dorit telling Lisa that the dog was "rehomed" and when the shelter notified them Lucy was in their possession?  

That's the most accurate timeline all over the web, I think ! (and it's usually updated regarding the aired episodes) :

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Hubby is at hand to yell and protect wife and point to the door, all the time yanking that  dressed up dog who's feet never touch the ground.

Kyle should have waited until it was the doddering old fuck's naptime.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

In all of this brouhaha, Dorit and PK have never once mentioned this woman's name or any real details about her, and never provided her "dear, dear" friend with the woman's contact information.  

But we know she has a beautiful home!

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, shirazplease said:

Erika with her "That's not friendship, that's bullshit!" comment.  How the actual fuck would Erika know know what real friendship is?  Her friendships are bought and paid for.  And another thing - I dont believe for a second that any of Kyle's dogs are "rescues" as she claimed on WWHL.  If any of them are, please enlighten me.

Unless you ran out in the street and grabbed your dog from oncoming traffic or saved it from a burning building you BOUGHT your dog or were given a dog.  It is amazing how people use the word RESCUE quite liberally.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Lisa’s carefully created animal rights image doesn’t even apply to her own dogs, who are anthropomorphized accessories. And how convenient to protest practices in other countries, but not work to change how veal and other meats are produced in her own country. I guess none of these products are served in her restaurants. Bullshit artist.

Agreed to all. 

Pets as accessories. That has what's pissed me off about all pocket dogs or (insert appropriate animal.) Who in their right fucking  mind thinks a dog naturally wants to be held or confined in a purse for hours in an unfamiliar place amongst unfamiliar people? Who in their right mind thinks a dog must welcomed everywhere they go?

On a different note, and not talking about places where the concept is about bringing pets or where provisions are made to have animals present, aside from TRUE service animals compliant with ADA regulations, I truly fucking hate when pets are taken into businesses and especially when they exhibit bad behavior. I have no problem loudly and verbally correcting the animal and the owner and making a complaint.

Having had a college friend who had to use a guide dog I see it as falsely taking advantage of and diminishing the necessary right people with disabilities might need.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Agreed to all. 

Pets as accessories. That has what's pissed me off about all pocket dogs or (insert appropriate animal.) Who in their right fucking  mind thinks a dog naturally wants to be held or confined in a purse for hours in an unfamiliar place amongst unfamiliar people? Who in their right mind thinks a dog must welcomed everywhere they go?

On a different note, and not talking about places where the concept is about bringing pets or where provisions are made to have animals present, aside from TRUE service animals compliant with ADA regulations, I truly fucking hate when pets are taken into businesses and especially when they exhibit bad behavior. I have no problem loudly and verbally correcting the animal and the owner and making a complaint.

Having had a college friend who had to use a guide dog I see it as falsely taking advantage of and diminishing the necessary right people with disabilities might need.

I can't upvote this comment ENOUGH. Well said. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Was that an ad in disguise for shit sold on QVC???

Why was Harry going to Canada to mountain climb with a tent for 2?.

And, I guess he doesn’t like Kung Pao Chicken!  

(Even though he bought it)

If you have to add water to those MREs....WTF?

Harry was better off packing some powdered eggs and weenies.

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 1

This whole dog thing is going on for too long but I’m sick of Dorit and her fake tears. You are the POS in the situation Dorit. Makes more sense for her to have planted the story cause she’s a broke bitch who’s trying to seem like a victim.

LVP was being sneaky at the beginning for sure but they are ganging up on her now with the whole article. Kyle should’ve just let it go once Lisa said she didn’t do it at her house. I don’t know if Kyle is a moron but continuing to push your friend like that is messed and sometimes you just gotta move on.

I felt sad for LVP because she seemed so excited to see Kyle when she answered the door.

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Was that an ad in disguise for shit sold on QVC???

Why was Harry going to Canada to mountain climb with a tent for 2?.

And, I guess he doesn’t like Kung Pao Chicken!  

(Even though he bought it)

If you have to add water to those MREs....WTF?

Harry was better off packing some powdered eggs and weenies.

You still have to add water to powdered eggs.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Yes, but that would taste better than dehydrated .......Just Add Water....Kung Pao chicken.

Having had to eat powdered eggs on campouts before we will have to disagree.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

They didn’t want LVP there. VPD showed up! Cute pink dog pens and all!

Teddi was involved in this ‘Out Dorit, the Puppy Dumper’........mess from the very beginning....but......Ohhh.....she is up so high on her bike now! 

Teddi needs to drop it.  She ended up helping VPD and this would have done wonders for her image in this situation.

Dorit would still look like a bigger ass.  Paying $30 for a glamorous VPD fundraiser.....but, refuses to give VPD their $5,000 or even go volunteer with the dogs.

Dorit doesn't have $5,000.00!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Having had to eat powdered eggs on campouts before we will have to disagree.   

I have always done guided overland trips. They put on a spread every morning.  english brekkie, French toast, fruit, cheese, granola, etc.

No powdered eggs or Kung Pao Chicken for me! 🍳🥖🧀🍅

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I really enjoy the slightly befuddled look that Denise has in nearly every scene where they discuss the dog yet again. She always seems to be wondering why these assholes have nothing else to talk about and she is the only one besides Camille who asks logical questions about it or offers reasonable advice. 

The Denise of RHOBH is very different from the Denise of It's Complicated. Denise on RHOBH is so baked I'm expecting Ted and Bill to make a cameo. The only thought I see her having is how do I work in a Charlie Sheen reference into this scene

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

In my day dreaming during the shouting match between LVP and Kyle I was sort of imagining that the dog crazy LVP would have a human sized doggy door on the front of her house...like I said, I was day dreaming.  Also, Ken reminded me of a dog that barks when humans get spirited, you know, they jump and bark while trying to process what the excitement is all about. Maybe LVP would roll up a magazine and smack Ken across the nose to quite him.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I have always done guided overland trips. They put on a spread every morning.  english brekkie, French toast, fruit, cheese, granola, etc.

No powdered eggs or Kung Pao Chicken for me! 🍳🥖🧀🍅

We went backpacking a lot when I was a kid/teen. Carrying all your necessities on your back can be very, very heavy, which is why you have light food (powdered, dehydrated, freeze-dried, etc).

That was in the 70’s - wow what improvements - so many options for food. We had about 4 options and it got really old.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yeah, that was interesting, right?

Nothing interesting about it.

Some people like or need more space. Why do people get a full, queen or king-size bed when only one person is gonna sleep in it? Why not get a twin or an extra-long twin?

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Adira said:

In regards to Rinna claiming that Lisa told her how to leak a story, wasn't her wording something like:

"She told me, 'if you ever have issues with the press, here's who to call.'"

Or something to that effect?  Which, to me, doesn't sound even remotely close to "Here's who to call if you want to get a story out there."  It's more like "If someone puts a story out about you, here's who to call to refute it."

I'm in PR. It's six of one, half dozen of the other. If you know who to call to refute a story, then you certainly know who to call to pitch a story.  

Honestly, it's not some major crime to have outlets to which you leak stories when you are in the public eye. But by being unwilling to admit it, LVP makes it a bigger deal than it actually is.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

We went backpacking a lot when I was a kid/teen. Carrying all your necessities on your back can be very, very heavy, which is why you have light food (powdered, dehydrated, freeze-dried, etc).

That was in the 70’s - wow what improvements - so many options for food. We had about 4 options and it got really old.

There were a lot more options when I backpacked but I fondly remember shaking up powdered milk, powdered instant pudding and water in a nalgene bottle and setting it in a river to chill.

• Love 4

Whew!  Now that puppygate is coming to an end, we can at least look forward to the tantalizing storyline of PeeKay's Type 2 Diabetes; kitchen hijinks ensue as Dorit attempts to nudge her hubby toward healthier options! Yay us!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Kyle....You Idiot!

You had no right to keep pushing your point.  Your point was not welcome after you tried to make it for the 100th time.

You almost caused a real heart attack for Ken.

Was anyone else genuinely concerned???

No.

If the old fart has health issues he's the one who should have removed himself and let Lisa fight her own battle and throw Kyle out.

It was Ken's choice to engage. 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I finally found a commonality with LVP besides our love of dogs. If a friend came to my house and said they believed all that garbage about me, I'd show them the door too. You have to know when to let people go and cut ties. If that's someone's opinion of me, out they go.

I've never been a big LVP fan. She enabled Brandi up to the moment that lunatic slapped her. She was beyond awful to Adrienne. But she has always and ferociously stuck up for Kyle. She's right - Kyle has never returned the favor.

LVP was terrible with Adrienne and my dislike of LVP definitely peaked during the Brandi era. Is Brandi coming back or did I conjure that up somewhere out of my deepest nightmares? Having to watch that ghoul will push me out even more quickly. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Totally! I love REI. They have a lot of cool things.

This is why I like guided.  So, they can carry everything. We can hike and do lots of fun stuff and come back to a ready camp. A lot of places are too beautiful and I just want to enjoy them without the hassles. 

While these are my necessities...I am not high maintenance.  I have no problems going or bathing in nature!  

Even when I go on local hikes...I need shit! I have a Kids camelbak that fits an ice pack, a  thermos with hot soup, small lunch.......my phone for music & audio books.

This way I can hike 10+ miles. 

• Love 2