Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Showdown at Villa Rosa

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Yep,  Erika looked like a mental genius next to Dorit.  

Like how everything Harry Hamlin said about propaganda is exactly what Rinna does.  No wonder he goes to the woods to get away from her.  Bet he's got a little Wink Wink companion too.

Well, he did helpfully point out that his tent sleeps two. 😉

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Well, he did helpfully point out that his tent sleeps two. 😉

What was the name of that mountain he was going to climb...

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

The editing going from the VPD staff watching the vote to those dummies going all out to rag on Lisa at the lunch seemed pretty intentional to me. Not a good look for the dummies. Dorit is such a scammer, I don't know how they take anything she says at face value. Never in my life did I think I would laugh at a mother saying she's afraid for her children, but I did tonight because I don't believe a word she says and her acting is atrocious. "I'm afraid to go the park! I'm just soooo afraid! Boo Hoo! Boo Hoo!"

Don't forget the bars!  She's afraid to go to the bars!

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, it seemed to me that LVP was very over reacting when Kyle came to her house.  Kyle was trying to have a conversation but Lisa would not let her explain herself.  LVP knows a lot more than she's letting on.  IMO, she and Ken were being very defensive.  And why didn't LVP contact Dorit after the ROL story come out and give her a heads up about the TMZ article?

Looked like LVP experienced a bout of narcissistic rage - or, as I normally put it, really lost her shit.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/communication-success/201807/8-signs-narcissistic-rage

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think ALL of these women use the tabloids as tools when they need to, and I think they are all guilty of leaking stories to the gossip rags at one point or another.  Even Kyle, who was so manipulated during that lunch, when questioned whether she thought LVP leaked the story, started to say something like "We've all done....." and she was shut down REAL fast by Erika and Rinna.  My feeling is that Kyle was possibly going to out all of them for using the tabloids when they see fit, but, the other ladies did not want this to be public knowledge.  

In this instance, however, I think that LVP is innocent.  

Sure, they all do. They're all in media, they're all living in the tabloid capital of the country, so, sure, yeah, they do. It's LVP's willingness to use the tabloids to attack people she's upset with while insisting she's not upset that is the problem. Because again, it indicates that you can't trust what she's saying to your face.

I am curious as to why you think she is innocent. Who else would have any earthly reason to tall to Radar Online about this story, especially months before it aired? It either had to be her or someone closely connected to her.

Also, her reaction to Kyle says to me that she did it and she got caught. I think that if she didn't do it, she would have reacted much more calmly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 3/31/2019 at 10:13 PM, walnutqueen said:

Wyatt Earp, Wyatt Earp.  Brave, courageous and bold.  Long live his name, and long live his glory, and long may his story be told.

I cannot fucking help myself - his name elicits his theme song ...

Same for me, but with my edited version for occasions when Mr. Renatae was binging on it too much:

Wyatt Burp, Wyatt Burp, Strange, outrageous and old...

Now that I'm old, I've forgotten the rest, lol.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I don't know if Lisa V. tipped off the tabloids. However, I completely understand why Kyle doesn't believe her. There have been too many shady incidents from Lisa V. to not think her capable of it. That's pretty much where I am.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

I agree with the post early that said that Bravo could've easily told Radar Online that tea about Dorit/LVP to stir up some mess for the season, especially given how it was so noted that the previous season was so boring.

That is one possibility.

I also think its not any more farfetched to think that Erika/Rinna leaked because the want to bury LvP or Dorit leaked because there is no doubt at this point in filming that the other HWs  are so committed to take LvP down that Dorit can spin it to up her profile on the show while still being able to play the victim and avoid a bad edit.

LvP doing it starts becoming slightly less believable when thinking about her being manipulative enough to leak it and then defend Dorit to TMZ; while not being manipulative enough to contact Dorit while all this is going on.

3 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

I really disagree with this thinking, that if you are innocent of an offense you would remain unruffled and calm when confronted. LVP has been mocked, harangued, disrespected, and called a liar for weeks over an event, puppy dumping, that she did not initiate. Anything beyond that is irrelevant; who said what to whom, etc. The puppy dumper is the villain in this story and the idiots are circling the wagons around her like she’s a martyred saint. LVP is justifiably mad, fed up, and over this bullshit. I would have burned the fecking house down (figuratively) by now if I were in her place. 

I don't think I've ever heard LvP call multiple HWs bitches multiple times in one episode before.  She is most definitely very angry.  I'm not convinced she is completely innocent; but I'm also not convinced she is as guilty as all the other HWs say she is.

42 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think ALL of these women use the tabloids as tools when they need to, and I think they are all guilty of leaking stories to the gossip rags at one point or another.  Even Kyle, who was so manipulated during that lunch, when questioned whether she thought LVP leaked the story, started to say something like "We've all done....." and she was shut down REAL fast by Erika and Rinna.  My feeling is that Kyle was possibly going to out all of them for using the tabloids when they see fit, but, the other ladies did not want this to be public knowledge.  

I had this exact same thought.

• Love 22
(edited)

The real victim in all of this is poor Giggy? Gidget? Giggity? the poor pile of fluff that Ken was hauling around in his arms while Kyle, Lisa, and Ken were yelling at each other. Not only does the poor thing probably have whiplash from the way he ran up the stairs to get the tablet to show Kyle the TMZ article that she already knew about but it's got little ears. Then again, I've never seen it do anything but blink and maybe yawn so I'm not entire sure it's alive. I guess maybe the swan(s) are the real victim(s) in this. Goodbye, favourite ankles to bite. 

No but seriously, is the dog surgically attached to Ken?

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

Anyone remember that boat trip where when the screeching started between Erika and Eileen and Dorit and Rinna? Kyle and Lisa just slung their arms over each other's shoulders. And they were a team, above it all and strong. And tonight, we saw the opposite. Kyle getting screeched at by the table of harpies and Lisa getting the fallout. 

If Lisa had shown for the cycling, she would have been criticized. And why would she leave her BUSINESS on a day where something she worked for years to accomplish happened. She was mentioned in Congress. The best the rest can hope for is that the gossip rags get their names right, or Depends call with an offer.

I'm out when LVP goes. The rest aren't interesting to me. Except Denise, she's fun. 

This, and so many other instances are what makes tonight's episode so sad.  Tonight, after watching the fallout at Villa Rosa, I was remembering Lisa and Kyle when Lisa got stuck on the half-wall on a hotel room balcony (was that in Paris or Hawaii?)  I just remember the two of them laughing so hard at themselves, and remembering that theirs seemed like a true friendship (not a show-friendship), in spite of the disagreements they have also had.  

Just this season, we saw them laughing together like close friends after dinner with Denise and Aaron, laughing and joking in the car on the way home from Camille's birthday party.  

There are so many other examples of their friendship, I just found tonight's episode upsetting - the friendship fallout seemed so real and raw.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I was remembering Lisa and Kyle when Lisa got stuck on the half-wall on a hotel room balcony (was that in Paris or Hawaii?)  I just remember the two of them laughing so hard at themselves, and remembering that theirs seemed like a true friendship (not a show-friendship), in spite of the disagreements they have also had.

That was Hawaii. They were trying to rouse Kim and the Gay Bull Mastiff.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The accusations that Dorit is a "puppy dumper" and the disbelief that people could be threatening her kids is precisely why Dorit was right to be upset about this article. Many people lose all sense of rationality when it comes to animals. I have no doubt people are saying horrible things about Dorit's kids because that kind of thing happens all the time online with stories about pets, as Teddi rightly noted.

Is Radar Online that big of a thing?  Do they all wake up and immediately google themselves?  Would anyone know who Dorit even is if she weren't on this show?  I must say this makes me feel good about being a midwestern chub chub who's more interested in my work, church and family than celebrity tabloids.   (And obviously I'm using the word celebrity VERY loosely in this case)

36 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Exactly for the reason you think she is guilty.  We have rarely, if ever, seen LVP get truly upset or loud over anything.  I think that LVP's emotional outburst and upset were because she was so shocked that Kyle would not believe her when she was telling the truth.  I can't recall LVP being this upset over anything, and throughout the seasons, she's been accused of all kinds of things.  The only other time I recall her being this upset was when they were in Puerto Rico, and Brandi accused her of the whole tabloid thing.

I thought she was guilty then, but am unsure this time - if we were voting I think I'd go with Bravo production.

22 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I don't think I've ever heard LvP call multiple HWs bitches multiple times in one episode before.  She is most definitely very angry.  I'm not convinced she is completely innocent; but I'm also not convinced she is as guilty as all the other HWs say she is.

Me too.  She's definitely not totally innocent here, and has always been MUCH better at dishing than taking, and I do feel bad for her that everyone is ganging up on her because that's not nice, and they should all know Dorit is a big fat liar.  But she's been shitty to Rinna in a "British humor" type way for several years, and Rinna took it with a laugh, so I understand why she is relishing her revenge for now.  I guess I enjoy the silly fights on here as much as everyone because I watch - but one person getting ganged up on by everyone isn't fun.  I agree Kyle chose the wrong side, but I do think she's as tired of LVP as the rest of them.  That being said - I'm with the poster who finds the Johns to be too everything, and I would NOT enjoy watching a show about them and the dogs.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

That was Hawaii. They were trying to rouse Kim and the Gay Bull Mastiff.

That's right - thanks for the memory nudge!!  

That was one of the funniest scenes in the Housewives, imo.  Lisa's bum getting stuck and Kyle couldn't help her because she was laughing so hard.  See~~this just makes me sad remembering it.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The real victim in all of this is poor Giggy? Gidget? Giggity? the poor pile of fluff that Ken was hauling around in his arms while Kyle, Lisa, and Ken were yelling at each other. Not only does the poor thing probably have whiplash from the way he ran up the stairs to get the tablet to show Kyle the TMZ article that she already knew about but it's got little ears. Then again, I've never seen it do anything but blink and maybe yawn so I'm not entire sure it's alive. I guess maybe the swan(s) are the real victim(s) in this. Goodbye, favourite ankles to bite. 

No but seriously, is the dog surgically attached to Ken?

I don't see anything wrong with being cuddled. That is the strangest thing to  criticize 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, princelina said:

Is Radar Online that big of a thing?  Do they all wake up and immediately google themselves?  Would anyone know who Dorit even is if she weren't on this show?  I must say this makes me feel good about being a midwestern chub chub who's more interested in my work, church and family than celebrity tabloids.   (And obviously I'm using the word celebrity VERY loosely in this case)

I thought she was guilty then, but am unsure this time - if we were voting I think I'd go with Bravo production.

Me too.  She's definitely not totally innocent here, and has always been MUCH better at dishing than taking, and I do feel bad for her that everyone is ganging up on her because that's not nice, and they should all know Dorit is a big fat liar.  But she's been shitty to Rinna in a "British humor" type way for several years, and Rinna took it with a laugh, so I understand why she is relishing her revenge for now.  I guess I enjoy the silly fights on here as much as everyone because I watch - but one person getting ganged up on by everyone isn't fun.  I agree Kyle chose the wrong side, but I do think she's as tired of LVP as the rest of them.  That being said - I'm with the poster who finds the Johns to be too everything, and I would NOT enjoy watching a show about them and the dogs.

The girls in RHONY have talked about having Google alerts set for years. When they wake up every story with their name in it is all right there waiting. 

I'm with you, happy being my chub chub self in the gorgeous mountains of Tennessee. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I don't see anything wrong with being cuddled. That is the strangest thing to  criticize 

I don't think that dog's feet have ever touched the ground. There's nothing wrong with being cuddled but I think it's weird that the dog is either tucked up under an arm like it's a football or laying on a piece of furniture looking like it's dead. Rich people are weird, yo. 

Anyway, the whole post was in jest. I wasn't really criticizing so much as trying to be funny.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I took it as being in the midst of the yelling, kinda jerked around as Ken grabbed the laptop and in general being jostled around. He is pretty frail.

• Love 5