Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Showdown at Villa Rosa

• Start Topic

I look at that picture of Rinna and it reminds me of what a friend's mom used to say to her when she was little and hurt herself. The mom would say, "That's your badness coming out." Weird as hell thing to say, of course, but when I look at Rinna, who I used to think was so pretty, I just see an evil clown now. It's her badness coming out.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Is it a possibility that IF (a BIG IF) this mystery woman exists, and IF SHE was the one to drop the dog off at the shelter after not being able to keep her for whatever mysterious reasons - maybe she was pissed at Dorit and leaked the story to ROL?  

For the record, I don't believe for a second that this mystery woman exists.  In all of this brouhaha, Dorit and PK have never once mentioned this woman's name or any real details about her, and never provided her "dear, dear" friend with the woman's contact information.  

Wouldn't it be amazing if someone could track down CCTV from that day at the shelter showing Dorit dropping Lucy off?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
(edited)

I personally love a big old clunky costume ring! I also have no problem with someone getting involved in an argument with someone who is yelling at his or her spouse. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if someone could track down CCTV from that day at the shelter showing Dorit dropping Lucy off?

I am sure VDP got right on it!  So, maybe no cameras or something like this.

Eight episodes in, and still waiting for something or someone to change my opinion. Hasn't happened yet.

I still think LVP is the most responsible for this mess, because she adopted out not one, but two dogs to people that she, more than anyone, should know are not capable of taking care of their own kids, let alone a puppy. 

Dorito and PK are next in line, because they did not give Lucy (I refuse to use that stupid name given to her by Dorito's spawn) back to LVP.

The rest of the howives are horrible because they pretty much all have dogs, but are letting Dorito off scott free in this fiasco. 

And I continue to be bored by the whole storyline. I don't  care who said what to whom, or who gave what story to what rag. Just. Don't. Care.

LVP said in an interview on ET that she stops filming with the ladies half way through the season. Are we there yet? Because I am at the end of my leash as far as interest in this season goes. It can't be any worse without LVP that it has been with her. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Teddi mentioned something at Kyle's friend's house (why did we even need to see this woman - is she going to be a new "friend of"?) that LVP deserved a "Razzie" award.  I think that she really meant to say Dorit, because that was the worst fake crying I have ever seen!  And, we've all seen a million examples of fake crying on the housewives shows.  

dorit beats out tamballs (o.c.) for the award for fake crying

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I personally love a big old clunky costume ring! I also have no problem with someone getting involved in an argument with someone who is yelling at his or her spouse. 

There are wonderful big old clunky cocktail rings and then there are hideous cocktail rings. Those cocktail rings were god awful.

I've seen better rings come out of a gumball machine.

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

To me, this ROL story looks like the work of Lisa Rinna. It says that the dog came from Vanderpump Pets, not Vanderpump Dogs, it would be in Lisa's character to not care enough to get the name correct, And yes, I could see her using words that LVP would use, just to implicate her. She's a sneaking one that Rinner

Funny you say that. Cheezwhiz, because when I heard that I thought for sure I'd seen or read somewhere that Rinna had referred to it as Vanderpump Pets. I googled for 45 seconds and came up empty. Maybe I'll have another look. I can't recall if it was in print or on tv though. Does anyone remember Rinna calling it Vanderpump Pets?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Rescue means the place you got it from.  There are breeders, puppy mills, pet stores, kill shelter, rescue shelter, etc.

The money you pay to a shelter (whether rescue or kill) is more of a reimbursement fee.

The Shelters have to vaccinate, spay, neuter and provide all vet care before adopting it out.

Then there is also grooming, feeding, handling, shelter bills....etc.

So, if you are getting a dog from a shelter you are essentially ‘rescuing’ a dog.  Either from being an orphan at some shelter or euthanasia.

Rescue means you saved it from death or harm.  My point being people call a dog rescued so they have no stigma.  ie I rescued the dog from a pet shop - no you BOUGHT the dog.  The point being Kyle and others love to throw the word rescue out to feed their ego.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Giselle said:

There are wonderful big old clunky cocktail rings and then there are hideous cocktail rings. Those cocktail rings were god awful.

I'm looking for a photo now. I didn't get a great look but I dug what I saw. Don't know if I'd buy them but I'd have a grand old time pawing through them at a secondhand store. And, I have a few rings from literal gumball machines, haha! My BF found a machine full of those colorful acrylic ones and spent a bunch trying to get a black and purple one that looks so much like something my mom would have worn way back when. 

Rescue means you saved it from death or harm.  My point being people call a dog rescued so they have no stigma.  ie I rescued the dog from a pet shop - no you BOUGHT the dog.  The point being Kyle and others love to throw the word rescue out to feed their ego.

It's common parlance in the animal welfare community. These people aren't using terms that a bazillion other people don't. I rescued my homeless cats--not from a plane taking a nosedive or a runaway baby carriage heading into the path of an oncoming fire truck, but they're "rescues," per shelter standards, nonetheless. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree with the comments it was sad seeing how excited Lisa was to see Kyle knowing what was about to happen. There have been things Lisa said about Kyle and Mauricio that weren’t the nicest. But I think before Lisa first felt hurt by Kyle many years ago, she appreciated their friendship more and really saw Kyle as a best friend. Lisa doesn’t have sisters like Kyle, and she doesn’t seem to have a slew of female friends like Kyle does. 

While I can see why the women suspect Lisa of planting the story, I don’t think anyone should have accused her with zero proof. The story really could have gotten out there by so many other people. Seriously, God knows!

I don’t like a dog being passed around and winding up in a shelter. I don’t like a friend not making a point to protect me even if I did mess up like Dorit. I am not 100% on anyone’s side this season. 

There have been times I thought Lisa could dish it out but not take it. But she has never been part of any gang up.

Also, maybe I wasn’t paying close enough attention, but Ken never seemed threatening to Kyle. The worst was maybe having his finger in her face briefly? I thought he was going to be much worse. When he was really yelling, I don’t think he was anywhere near her. They also repeatedly asked Kyle to leave. I remember Yolanda accusing him of grabbing her, and we never saw that either. I’m all about men respecting women, but Ken just seems like someone who is fiercely protective of his wife. Not to mention, he is elderly. I don’t like that it’s the second time he’s being accused of being inappropriately aggressive. Men are allowed to get mad at women. He didn’t put hands on her, threaten to, didn’t call her any names. He told her she was not a friend, that Lisa would never call her a liar, and asked her to leave. 

I do agree with Kyle that Lisa seems to care about the show more than the other women, even those who are supposed to be actual friends, and I see why even if she thinks Lisa did plant a story, she’d still love her. None of us are perfect, and if we expect perfection, we’d have no friends. But I wouldn’t want someone coming to my house and tell me I’m lying, especially when I swear on my children’s life. If I were Kyle, I would have told the other women, look I have no idea how this story got out. She didn’t have to lie and say Lisa would never do that if she did think it was possible, but she didn’t have to go along with everybody else and then go to Lisa and confront her like that. 

My point exactly.. Kyle is just a spineless idiot, she absolutely should have said, look I have no proof that Lisa leaked anything, and until I do , I'm not confronting her about a dam thing. if you think she did it then you take your ass over there to talk to her about it. They know they can use Kyle to do their dirty work, it never fails. I believe Lisa V, that leak came from somewhere else.

• Love 19
54 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

The women, PK, Ken, VPD staff, OC shelter staff, the "beautiful new family" for Lucy, Teddi's therapist, crew members...a lot more than 10 people knew about the situation before the story broke.

My rough estimate as I read your post was 42.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'm looking for a photo now. I didn't get a great look but I dug what I saw. Don't know if I'd buy them but I'd have a grand old time pawing through them at a secondhand store. And, I have a few rings from literal gumball machines, haha! My BF found a machine full of those colorful acrylic ones and spent a bunch trying to get a black and purple one that looks so much like something my mom would have worn way back when. 

I'm glad you liked them. That's what makes the world interesting, differences in perceived beauty and value. Those differences are not wrong and it would be a very boring world to have only one aesthetic. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, byrd said:

My point exactly.. Kyle is just a spineless idiot, she absolutely should have said, look I have no proof that Lisa leaked anything, and until I do , I'm not confronting her about a dam thing. if you think she did it then you take your ass over there to talk to her about it. They know they can use Kyle to do their dirty work, it never fails. I believe Lisa V, that leak came from somewhere else.

I like Kyle, but I agree with this. Because it had only been months since Lisa lost her brother and the day before her birthday, all the more reason to leave your friend alone! 

• Love 19
(edited)
4 minutes ago, byrd said:

Lisa Rhinna is like the kid that throws the rock and hides her hand.

Just as true for LVP but she doesn't hide her hand, she just points in another direction at someone else 

Edited by Giselle
Cuz.
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I like Kyle, but I agree with this. Because it had only been months since Lisa lost her brother and the day before her birthday, all the more reason to leave your friend alone! 

Yes, it's true, I have followed this show for many seasons, everytime Kyle is on the outs with Lisa it's because of some crap with these other women. Lisa Rhinna is a devil, Dorit blows with the dam wind in any direction they point her.  Erika has slowly but surely become a gang member, at one time she tried to remain neutral and be the voice of reason, but now she has succumbed to their foolish ways. Teddi and the new girl just need to shut up, the more Teddi talks the more guilty she appears, her hands are dirty and she has done more than she owning up to.  

• Love 19
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I'm glad you liked them. That's what makes the world interesting, differences in perceived beauty and value. Those differences are not wrong and it would be a very boring world to have only one aesthetic. 

Not to mention that shopping would be sheer mayhem if we all liked that same shit--a death-race for, like, a cardigan!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Just as true for LVP but she doesn't hide her hand, she just points in another direction at someone else 

yes she does, but at least she's open with her sarcasm even if she does try to play it off as English wit . This self righteous attitude of these women as if they have never done a dam thing wrong is just laughable to me. I am  sick of the dog shit now..

• Love 8
15 hours ago, princelina said:

Is Radar Online that big of a thing?  Do they all wake up and immediately google themselves?  Would anyone know who Dorit even is if she weren't on this show?  I must say this makes me feel good about being a midwestern chub chub who's more interested in my work, church and family than celebrity tabloids.   (And obviously I'm using the word celebrity VERY loosely in this case)

I thought she was guilty then, but am unsure this time - if we were voting I think I'd go with Bravo production.

Me too.  She's definitely not totally innocent here, and has always been MUCH better at dishing than taking, and I do feel bad for her that everyone is ganging up on her because that's not nice, and they should all know Dorit is a big fat liar.  But she's been shitty to Rinna in a "British humor" type way for several years, and Rinna took it with a laugh, so I understand why she is relishing her revenge for now.  I guess I enjoy the silly fights on here as much as everyone because I watch - but one person getting ganged up on by everyone isn't fun.  I agree Kyle chose the wrong side, but I do think she's as tired of LVP as the rest of them.  That being said - I'm with the poster who finds the Johns to be too everything, and I would NOT enjoy watching a show about them and the dogs.

sorry but rinna started being nasty, very nasty first.   (but mommy, timmy hit me first)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I've seen gumballs better than those rings come out of a gumball machine!   😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Castina said:

Just for fun let's accept that every cast member is right, that Lisa V "manipulates" them into creating story lines or spreading gossip.  

So what?  Don't do it?  What the hell happened to free will? 

I mean seriously, if she is a sniper from the side and you are all aware of it then why do what she (allegedly) wants you to do?  

It's because they want to do what they are doing and when it all goes sideways they start crying that the devil made them do it.  Well if someone whispers "bring that magazine on vacation so we can get Maurizio cheating gossip on the show" don't do it.  Tell them to do their own dirty work.  If someone whispers "bring the dog on tv and we can talk about it" don't do it.  Tell them to do their own dirty work.  

It just seems like a simple solution. Follow your conscience. I'm a pretty average person and if I don't want to do something, if I think it's cruel, or gossipy and not worth the air it takes to give it breath, I find it really easy to just not do it.  

These ladies do what they want to do. End of. 

btw....just read this article Camille shared on her twitter account:

https://people.com/pets/rhobh-puppygate-scandal-where-is-lucy-lucy-apple-juice-dog/

I am not a dog person, have no pets so I'm not into this story because of any love for animals.  But reading the article it does make me wonder if there is more behind the story of the dog then we are hearing.  Teddi alludes to being told a far worse story which is why she got involved.  It seems the behavior of the dog on return is curious. 

OMG - I can't help myself

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

To me, this ROL story looks like the work of Lisa Rinna. It says that the dog came from Vanderpump Pets, not Vanderpump Dogs, it would be in Lisa's character to not care enough to get the name correct, And yes, I could see her using words that LVP would use, just to implicate her. She's a sneaking one that Rinner

yes, because she was so quick to point out that  Lisa V uses certain phrases to express herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
22 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Considering that we've seen Mauricio insert himself right into the middle of HW bullshit and yell at Brandi, I have no problem believing that he would order Lisa out of his home.

Especially if she came there looking for a fight, screamed at his wife until she was in tears, called her a liar, and refused to leave after she was asked several times.

Kyle is lucky she didn't get her ass kicked, you come to someone house looking for a fight, that's exactly what you might get . Kyle can be happy because if it were me, I would have slapped her ass, and I would have been right because she came to my home to confront me.  

Edited by byrd
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, bosawks said:

I mean the very point of the HoWives arguing that one of them is manipulative is ridiculous.

Of course they are, they are on this show!

Do you see the word Nip in the word bolded - it must be Lisa as it is Bri ish word

Case closed

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

btw....just read this article Camille shared on her twitter account:

https://people.com/pets/rhobh-puppygate-scandal-where-is-lucy-lucy-apple-juice-dog/

I am not a dog person, have no pets so I'm not into this story because of any love for animals.  But reading the article it does make me wonder if there is more behind the story of the dog then we are hearing.  Teddi alludes to being told a far worse story which is why she got involved.  It seems the behavior of the dog on return is curious. 

If that article is accurate, it means Dorit's family did more to that puppy than cage her.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Yes those rings were something, weren't they?  I am sure Kyle would not purchase them today but the memories attached to those rings are what is driving her and I do not blame her.  That said, I am confused, she had a box of rings and said that all of her mother's cocktail rings were stolen, so what were those rings?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, byrd said:

Lisa Rhinna is like the kid that throws the rock and hides her hand.

I think the opposite. Rinna is the kid to throw a rock through the school window and stand there in the middle of the street bare-assed mooning you until you haul her into the principal's office where she spits on the floor while she waits. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, izabella said:

If that article is accurate, it means Dorit's family did more to that puppy than cage her.

Psssst.....that's not my quote you replied to...dun dun dun...Izabella are you maNIPulating this message board?

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes those rings were something, weren't they?  I am sure Kyle would not purchase them today but the memories attached to those rings are what is driving her and I do not blame her.  That said, I am confused, she had a box of rings and said that all of her mother's cocktail rings were stolen, so what were those rings?

I believe the rings in the box were created by the lady,  whose house they were visiting, and Kyle was going to have her recreate some of her mom's rings that were shown on Kyle's phone.

That was my take away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Giselle said:

I got through this episode quickly and fast forwarded through anything VPD and the cycle event. Blah, blah, blah boring. I'm tired of all the fucking dogs.

I'd swear I was watching Vicki Gunvalson in a brunette wig.  Never admits to anything wrong even when her shenanigans smelling like a foul "stinking rose"and had her name all over it. It got away from her, backfired on her, in my opinion and it's why she can't have a conversation without blowing up, or running away, and also not allowing another person to speak.

LVP sure likes to swear on her family's lives when she trying to justify herself. Same exact words she spouted at Adrianne years ago when she was caught.

I'm ok with them throwing Kyle out as it's their home but I don't believe a word LVP or krusty Ken says.

I thought the rings the woman made were god awful. 

Can we talk about this adorable critter?

Come on Giselle - admit it - she's too cute for her own good

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I look at that picture of Rinna and it reminds me of what a friend's mom used to say to her when she was little and hurt herself. The mom would say, "That's your badness coming out." Weird as hell thing to say, of course, but when I look at Rinna, who I used to think was so pretty, I just see an evil clown now. It's her badness coming out.

Like this?

twin peaks omg GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Not to be that fan who threatens to stomp away when they don't like who's getting too much screen time, but I'm bored with this season already and pretty much done watching. Kyle already got drunk, twirled her ponytail and did the splits. There's too much noise from the dogs, the Johns, Rinna, Dorit, Teddi...Stick a fork in it. It's all downhill from here. To the Bravo Gods, please no more Rinna, Teddi or Dorit next season. 

Denise is a good addition so far I guess, it's nice that she eats actual food and doesn't wear couture to breakfast. Would be nice to see some new faces next season...maybe a combo of Chrissy Teigen (she's a fan, it could happen), Denise, LVP, Kyle, Faye Resnick, maybe a part-time Brandi (she had some moments), and a wildcard no bs person like Jenny McCarthy or Leah Remini.  

A girl can dream...

chrissy-john-legend-real-housewives-fans

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/08/chrissy-teigen-john-legend-real-housewives

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Psssst.....that's not my quote you replied to...dun dun dun...Izabella are you maNIPulating this message board?

If I had that power, I'd go back to the old format where I knew how to quote properly!!

• LOL 9
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

And how convenient to protest practices in other countries, but not work to change how veal and other meats are produced in her own country. I guess none of these products are served in her restaurants. Bullshit artist.

Worse than a bullshit artist is a hypocrite, especially an unacknowledged hypocrite. 

She just has a thing for dogs and therefore thinks nobody should eat them.  Well, plenty of people have a thing about eating cows or pigs, and some of them have God on their side.  Yet Lisa apparently doesn't think she has to listen to them about that.  Of course, that's not an American telling Asian savages what to do, so she's probably right.

1 hour ago, babykin said:

As you must know dealing with Congress is horrific and they rarely get things done. I don't think that takes anything away from the effort and work it takes to get a bill to the floor.  

It was a house resolution, not a bill that makes law.  Here's another one that passed during that session of Congress:  "Designates the Democratic Cloakroom in the Hall of the House of Representatives in the U.S. Capitol as the 'Gabrielle Giffords-Leo J. Ryan Cloakroom.'"  At least that one's enforceable.

Other house resolutions passed in that session that might have enforcement problems similar to the dog-meat denunciation include condemning the persecution of Christians around the world, Nicaragua's persecution of peaceful protesters, and the Iranian regime (although I'll note that that last one actually said, "Respects the history and culture of the Iranian nation," which is more than I can say for the countries named in the dog-meat resolution). 

Needless to say, I thought the champagne cork popping at the viewing party was a little much, and was actually vicariously embarrassed for them when they so intently watched it on C-SPAN and they all stood there with befuddled looks on their faces, and called the congressman's office to find out what happened. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10