Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Showdown at Villa Rosa

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, izabella said:

If Dorit hadn't dumped a puppy, none of this shit had to happen.

They should have charged her the 5K for dumping the dog. They would have never got the money and they ended up not being friends anyway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Can the LVP fan who thinks she's perfect please identify him/herself? 😉

I love, luuuuvre her, but I don't think she's perfect.

(That title I save for Kameron from Dallas 😉 )

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Mr. Minor said:

They should have charged her the 5K for dumping the dog. They would have never got the money and they ended up not being friends anyway.

I agree with you, it falls into the "no good deed goes unpunished territory" I think. Lisa misjudged Dorit, and she gave her the benefit of the doubt when she didn't deserve it. She broke her own rules because of a friendship, a friend she thought was trustworthy -- poor judgment. That's on Lisa.

• Love 18
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Jel said:

In my mind, and I'm not sure it's entirely rational because I haven't thought about it that much, but...in my mind, I feel we humans owe a greater responsibility to dogs since we humans contributed so much to their evolution to the creatures (zoinks, I'm LVP!) they are now.  I don't mean just through selective breeding, I mean going way back to neolithic times. We made them love us, and they do.

No, we stopped killing and eating the friendliest and most subservient of wild puppies, and they STILL love us.  DOG only knows why.

Zero fucks to give about an ancient culture.

I want a vegan/vegetarian to teach me how to cook something tasty.

Edited by walnutqueen
I hate veggies!
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

That wouldn't change the fact that Dorit still dumped the dog.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, yourmomiseasy said:

That wouldn't change the fact that Dorit still dumped the dog.

Yep, while the other things may be proximate causes, Dorit's dog dumping is the ultimate cause of doggygate.

• Love 18
On 4/3/2019 at 8:35 AM, Dutchgirl said:

Sure, LVP likely coordinated with the Johns to shame Dorit (I might do the same, Dorit was an irresponsible shit), but I also think Ken and Pandora have much more to do with planting stories than Lisa wants to know about. She needs deniability, and I'm sure she has it.

Whatever they're doing as a family, it's working. She's the most popular housewife, she's successful, she's beautiful and without her, I'm afraid it isn't much of a show. Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 8.38.35 AM.png

How is it right in any way to "coordinate...with the Johns to shame Dorit" behind the scenes?  Either Dorit didn't do anything wrong (ha, I am laughing all day!) Or she did, in which case, Lisa, you are a 50-something wealthy and powerful woman.  If you can't stand up directly to wrong, how are any of the rest of us supposed to?

This is why I give one iota of credibility to Kyle.  I remember the reunion where they accused Lisa of selling stories to the tabloids, and Lisa's highly-celebrated response was that she didn't need the money.  

At the time--and this was back when I was ok with LVP--my response was, "ok, you may not need the money, and you may not even be compensated in cash, but you want the stories out there," so Lisa's words here hold no sway for me.  And it was also clear that she was being sneaky with word play.  

I think Lisa speaks in half-truths, and that is what is driving the rest of the cast bananas.  She said a few episodes back to Teddi that she doesn't even communicate with John Blizzard, that she doesn't even have his phone number.  But Lisa later gave an interview where she said that that when this whole dog thing happened, Ken was on one phone with John Blizzard...What caught my attention was the fact that Ken apparently has John Blizzard's phone number--or John Blizzard has Ken's--and the two communicated via telephone, purportedly on Lisa's behalf, and with regard to the subject matter at hand.

I don't think it's a lie, but I think it's disingenuous for Lisa to tell Teddi, in all apparent sincerity, "but darling, I don't even have John Blizzard's phone number," when her husband communicates with John B on the phone on her behalf.  I woulnd't trust someone who painted their situation one way and technically used words of truth, but they weren't being completely honest.  Ever heard of "full disclosure," lady?  

This is why I don't necessarily believe Lisa about the situation at hand.  She swore on her kids that she didn't plant the story, which, fair enough, in all likelihood she didn't.  But to then say "nobody I know would talk to RadarOnline..." is crazy.  I couldn't even unequivocally make that statement about "nobody I know," and I am not even slightly famous.  As a famous person, I have no idea how Lisa could claim that nobody she knows could be responsible for this article.  Everyone keeps saying that so many people knew--which are also people that Lisa knows, save for the woman to whom Dorit gave the dog, whom I'm convinced doesn't exist--and clearly that article was leaked by someone...so she's wrong.  That puts everything she says in doubt to me.

I also find it distasteful that Vanderpump Dogs sells all kinds of products on-site.  If it's a charity, why don't they work off donations?  You know how much a reputable charity can make off donations?!?  If she wants to give a gift with the donation, a Vanderpump Dogs sweatshirt, perhaps, great!  But it's tacky for a charity to sell shit on-site, unless it's in a discreet gift-shop, but not right out there in the open, part and parcel with the puppies. What's up with the grooming?  Where do those proceeds go?  It's as if I ran an orphanage with a car wash annexed to it.  "Oh, but the proceeds go to the orphans!"  Show me your tax returns and I'll believe you. To paraphrase Bill Maher, "I don't know it for a fact, but I just know it's true that Lisa is making money off of VPD."  I don't find her wholly altruistic and I don't care, but I wish she would be truthful about the bottom line.  

I was also not impressed by the non-binding resolution.  It is the kind of thing that makes people feel good, but, at the end of the day, are there any people in Korea, India (two countries named in the resolution) and "the rest of the world," (also named) who are going to be like, "oh shit, there is a woman in LA who disapproves of our cultural practices.  Let's discontinue this, and only eat in accordance with the way this LA lady dictates.  I think the menus for some of restaurants are online...wait, what do you mean she serves rack of lamb?  It's grasssfed, then, yes?  No evidence of that?  Wait, what?  Oh well, she's rich and American, so she must know better.  This is ground control to Major Tom:  Lisa Vanderpump doesn't like it, so let's discontinue our practice of eating dog.  Apparently we can switch to lamb and it's A-ok."

I aslo think there are a lot of things that can be said about LVP, and "beautiful" wouldn't make the top 10.  It wouldn't even make the director's cut.

I think there is so much heinous shit going on, that it's like a tennis match and it's hard for a normal person to keep up.  As soon as LVP exits stage left, I will go in on the others like a shark that smells blood.  Just as a tidbit as to how much I hate the rest of them, did anyone see the sub-headline of that RadorOnline article that described Dorit as a "blonde beauty"? WTF?  Neither Dorit nor Lisa are beautiful IMO.  

Dorit is a heinous dog-dumper and i will say that until the end of her days. But what did we learn from Watergate?  That the cover-up can be as bad as the crime?  I think Dorit is worse than Lisa (by a lot), but I'm tired of Lisa, so I'll complain about her.  Dorit's ability to manipulate this crew is a thing of wonder, but I don't want Lisa's role in this to get obfuscated in the scuffle.

----------------------------

I am anti-Yulin just for the record.  I don't have a problem with slaughtering animals for food; I have a problem with the unnecessary suffering of animals, which apparently occurs at Yulin a lot, and it's horrible.  I just also wouldn't disillusion myself into thinking I was making even a dent in that practice by having an indeterminate number of members of Congress say it's bad in the absence of tangible results.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I don't generally think "where there's smoke there's fire" is the best argument because while it's sometimes true, lots of times it's confounded by things like confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance and herd mentality.  I for sure think that's what's happened on this show re: LVP.

I think it's true that she's, like most of them, sometimes a bitch and sometimes a cagey mofo. But I also think that she gets singled out for it (ie Lisa is manipulative! Like that's just a fact, like the sun rises in the east) for it, not because she's the only one who does it, but because she's better at persuasion. She's a victim of her own success.  Lisa tells X to do Y (because Lisa wants it out there, but doesn't want to say it herself!). So why does X do Y? What's in it for them? Fan approval, production approval, LVP approval? I never understand why they do the thing they later complain about.

The women who "get manipulated" by Lisa agreed to do the shitty thing that they later accuse Lisa of manipulating them into doing. Didn't that used to be called "passing the buck"?

Exactly right !!!  I have never seen such a bunch of pussies, these women have no brains and can't think for themselves at all. Hey, don't hate the player, hate the game ..because Lisa V is damn good at it !!!!!   

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

How is it right in any way to "coordinate...with the Johns to shame Dorit" behind the scenes?  Either Dorit didn't do anything wrong (ha, I am laughing all day!) Or she did, in which case, Lisa, you are a 50-something wealthy and powerful woman.  If you can't stand up directly to wrong, how are any of the rest of us supposed to?

This is why I give one iota of credibility to Kyle.  I remember the reunion where they accused Lisa of selling stories to the tabloids, and Lisa's highly-celebrated response was that she didn't need the money.  

At the time--and this was back when I was ok with LVP--my response was, "ok, you may not need the money, and you may not even be compensated in cash, but you want the stories out there," so Lisa's words here hold no sway for me.  And it was also clear that she was being sneaky with word play.  

I think Lisa speaks in half-truths, and that is what is driving the rest of the cast bananas.  She said a few episodes back to Teddi that she doesn't even communicate with John Blizzard, that she doesn't even have his phone number.  But Lisa later gave an interview where she said that that when this whole dog thing happened, Ken was on one phone with John Blizzard...What caught my attention was the fact that Ken apparently has John Blizzard's phone number--or John Blizzard has Ken's--and the two communicated via telephone, purportedly on Lisa's behalf, and with regard to the subject matter at hand.

I don't think it's a lie, but I think it's disingenuous for Lisa to tell Teddi, in all apparent sincerity, "but darling, I don't even have John Blizzard's phone number," when her husband communicates with John B on the phone on her behalf.  I woulnd't trust someone who painted their situation one way and technically used words of truth, but they weren't being completely honest.  Ever heard of "full disclosure," lady?  

This is why I don't necessarily believe Lisa about the situation at hand.  She swore on her kids that she didn't plant the story, which, fair enough, in all likelihood she didn't.  But to then say "nobody I know would talk to RadarOnline..." is crazy.  I couldn't even unequivocally make that statement about "nobody I know," and I am not even slightly famous.  As a famous person, I have no idea how Lisa could claim that nobody she knows could be responsible for this article.  Everyone keeps saying that so many people knew--which are also people that Lisa knows, save for the woman to whom Dorit gave the dog, whom I'm convinced doesn't exist--and clearly that article was leaked by someone...so she's wrong.  That puts everything she says in doubt to me.

I also find it distasteful that Vanderpump Dogs sells all kinds of products on-site.  If it's a charity, why don't they work off donations?  You know how much a reputable charity can make off donations?!?  If she wants to give a gift with the donation, a Vanderpump Dogs sweatshirt, perhaps, great!  But it's tacky for a charity to sell shit on-site, unless it's in a discreet gift-shop, but not right out there in the open, part and parcel with the puppies. What's up with the grooming?  Where do those proceeds go?  It's as if I ran an orphanage with a car wash annexed to it.  "Oh, but the proceeds go to the orphans!"  Show me your tax returns and I'll believe you. To paraphrase Bill Maher, "I don't know it for a fact, but I just know it's true that Lisa is making money off of VPD."  I don't find her wholly altruistic and I don't care, but I wish she would be truthful about the bottom line.  

I was also not impressed by the non-binding resolution.  It is the kind of thing that makes people feel good, but, at the end of the day, are there any people in Korea, India (two countries named in the resolution) and "the rest of the world," (also named) who are going to be like, "oh shit, there is a woman in LA who disapproves of our cultural practices.  Let's discontinue this, and only eat in accordance with the way this LA lady dictates.  I think the menus for some of restaurants are online...wait, what do you mean she serves rack of lamb?  It's grasssfed, then, yes?  No evidence of that?  Wait, what?  Oh well, she's rich and American, so she must know better.  This is ground control to Major Tom:  Lisa Vanderpump doesn't like it, so let's discontinue our practice of eating dog.  Apparently we can switch to lamb and it's A-ok."

I aslo think there are a lot of things that can be said about LVP, and "beautiful" wouldn't make the top 10.  It wouldn't even make the director's cut.

I think there is so much heinous shit going on, that it's like a tennis match and it's hard for a normal person to keep up.  As soon as LVP exits stage left, I will go in on the others like a shark that smells blood.  Just as a tidbit as to how much I hate the rest of them, did anyone see the sub-headline of that RadorOnline article that described Dorit as a "blonde beauty"? WTF?  Neither Dorit nor Lisa are beautiful IMO.  

Dorit is a heinous dog-dumper and i will say that until the end of her days. But what did we learn from Watergate?  That the cover-up can be as bad as the crime?  I think Dorit is worse than Lisa (by a lot), but I'm tired of Lisa, so I'll complain about her.  Dorit's ability to manipulate this crew is a thing of wonder, but I don't want Lisa's role in this to get obfuscated in the scuffle.

I am anti-Yulin just for the record.  I don't have a problem with slaughtering animals for food; I have a problem with the unnecessary suffering of animals, which apparently occurs at Yulin a lot, and it's horrible.  I just also wouldn't disillusion myself into thinking I was making even a dent in that practice by having an indeterminate number of members of Congress say it's bad in the absence of tangible results.  

I WILL SAY ONCE AGAIN...DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE DAMN GAME >>>LISA V is a MASTER AT IT !!! LOL !!!!

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, smores said:

Interesting, too, that Teddi's name on her twitter is Teddi Mellencamp.  She's not even using her married last name, she's trading on the more famous one that would get her the notoriety.  It's not like she has built a career being known by that name, like say, Denise Richards, or that she always has used that name the way LVP has.  She came on the show married to her husband and uses his last name in places, but not on social media.  

I remember Rinna having a talk show way back in the day on Soap Network.  It seems to me that she wouldn't have needed someone to tell her how to place stories.  Back then she was basically the Kelly Ripa of Soap Network, and she'd talk about her boutique and you'd see mentions of her store, people shopping there, etc in various places.  She's been in the game long enough that girlfriend knew how to get info out there well before she met LVP.  I also wouldn't see how between she and HH they didn't have some sort of publicist at least at some point in their lives.  Wouldn't you think they'd have gotten some tips and tricks along the way? They must have had access to PR people through some of the work they've done. 

Dorit also seemed totally shocked and horrified about all the threats to her children, but, then look at what was shown on the screen.  No threats.  Listen, I'm not trying to change your mind, it's cool that you don't think it's her.  I do.  Maybe it was PK and she didn't know.  But, either way, it will be interesting to see if we ever get to the bottom of the mystery.

I'm not and haven't made any sort of statements about LVP or how I think she's acted.  I think Rinna trying to push the pill thing is beyond the pale, simply because if you know someone has died of an overdose, that's just unspeakably cruel to do.  There are a select handful of people in this world that I can't stand and would be totally happy if I never had to see or hear from again, but I can't fathom doing something like that to them.  I've lost close relatives, not to overdose, they just died, and it was SOOO hard.  The thought of ever using that sort of pain against someone . . . I just can't imagine how fucked up you'd have to be to do it.  I really don't see any word other than manipulative, honestly, because it's a deliberate thing to do.  And again, that's not judging anyone else's behavior or measuring it up against another person's.  That's just saying, fuck Rinna for this shit.  

Rhinna is one castmate that is clearly jealous of Lisa V. She can't understand why she's not on the same level , pay scale or any other perks Lisa V may have through Bravo. Well hunty , Rhinna does not have the longevity that Lisa V has, nor the fan base,  and she hasn't earned that space yet to have all of the perks.. Sorry guys but Lisa V is everything Beverly Hills stands for, elegant, sophisticated , rich,  English, the complete glamour package, this is why I watch, I want Beverly Hills ..not Orange County !!!  The other ladies can have several seats.. Lisa V is not without fault and she can be very catty at times, but she's the best at the game and they can't compete.. let the PEASANTS EAT CAKE !!!!!   

Edited by byrd
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

Oh, I agree. I've known this forever about her. Everyone has their flaws and that is one of hers (well, it's both a flaw and an asset, a double-edged sword) but I think part of the reason they're so determined to point out hers is because all the other cast members have kinda had their flaws acknowledged and ripped apart by viewers of the show, but Lisa is constantly seen as perfect, viewers aren't as ready to acknowledge her flaws, for whatever reason. I think that pisses off her co-stars and makes them resent her and want to fixate on any and all wrong she does.

My point exactly, we who have followed this series from the beginning know who and what Lisa V is. I personally like how she can manipulate these idiots, I like her catty behavior, she plays to win.... example: (Vanderpump Rules) her own show .. We have known her for several seasons now, the dumbass castmates of RHOBH are still trying to figure it out.. Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

Oh, I agree. I've known this forever about her. Everyone has their flaws and that is one of hers (well, it's both a flaw and an asset, a double-edged sword) but I think part of the reason they're so determined to point out hers is because all the other cast members have kinda had their flaws acknowledged and ripped apart by viewers of the show, but Lisa is constantly seen as perfect, viewers aren't as ready to acknowledge her flaws, for whatever reason. I think that pisses off her co-stars and makes them resent her and want to fixate on any and all wrong she does.

Agreed. I think they get duped and then get angry at LVP for duping them (even though they let themselves get duped). Except for Erika. I don't think she was ever duped by LVP. But I think she's angry she has had to "play nice" with LVP for the sake of the show.

To be clear, I don't think there are any victims in this situation. But that includes LVP. Though I do feel for her in her time of tragedy.

• Love 6
On 4/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

I agree with the comments it was sad seeing how excited Lisa was to see Kyle knowing what was about to happen. There have been things Lisa said about Kyle and Mauricio that weren’t the nicest. But I think before Lisa first felt hurt by Kyle many years ago, she appreciated their friendship more and really saw Kyle as a best friend. Lisa doesn’t have sisters like Kyle, and she doesn’t seem to have a slew of female friends like Kyle does. 

YES!  

I know I'm late but I've been reading through this thread and saw several posts stating how Lisa has always defended Kyle while Kyle has never returned the favor.  I can't agree that Lisa always defended Kyle because she was awful to her that season the tabloids were saying Mauricio had cheated on Kyle.  Lisa made it a point to say we don't KNOW he didn't cheat even when Ken stated it was all rubbish.  Lisa insisted "nobody knows definitively".  Also, Lisa was caught in a lie when she was trying to stir up shit between Carlton and Kyle with the gold crown on the blue skull necklace.  It was on camera what she said and when called out on it, she's all "Whaaaa?"  I mean that was just sloppy.  I haven't seen the Lisa/Ken/Kyle blowout yet (haven't finished the episode yet) but I will say it seems that when Lisa is caught lying, she plays dumb, repeats the question back, etc.  I think when she's wrongly accused of something, she bucks up and has a lot to say.  

For instance, at the season 2 reunion when Adrienne accused Lisa of selling a story to Radar Online, Lisa's response is how I believe she responds when she's been wrongfully accused.  There was no hesitation.  "I have NEVER sold a story in my life and I WON'T be accused of that."  She was adamant.  Conversely, whenever Brandi accused her of putting the tabloids in the suitcase, for example, (which I believe was a mean-spirited joke she should have just admitted to), she played dumb and even tried to tell Mauricio to ignore it when it was just Mo/Kyle and Lisa/Ken on the beach.  Plus she even tried to smooth things over with Brandi on the bus after Brandi accused her.  She wouldn't do that if Brandi were lying.  

I think Lisa was extremely loyal to Kyle (a true friend to Kyle) up until Kyle started to question Lisa's authenticity (I'm not sure of the word to use) in Season 2 with how Lisa probably made it clear she wasn't a fan of Brandi coming on the show.  I bet Kyle thought she was showing blind loyalty to Lisa by shunning Brandi (this was definitely not a good season for Kyle as far as how she treated Brandi.  That was shameful) and then felt betrayed when Lisa decided to flip the script and befriend Brandi.  I'm also sure it bothered Kyle how Lisa suddenly befriended Taylor this season as well when it behooved her after barely containing her disgust at Taylor in the past.  

I wonder how things would have turned out had Kyle never betrayed Lisa by speaking negatively about her behind her back and making the rehearsed Bobby Fischer comment at the reunion.  They really seemed to have a solid friendship but I think Lisa never truly forgives wrongdoings.  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, byrd said:

My point exactly, we who have followed this series from the beginning know who and what Lisa V is. I personally like how she can manipulate these idiots, I like her catty behavior, she plays to win.... example: (Vanderpump Rules) her own show .. We have known her for several seasons now, the dumbass castmates of RHOBH are still trying to figure it out.. Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what I don't like about her is that she then plays victim when she gets confronted with it. How she threatens to quit the show each time. She takes no ownership of her actions. She can barely squeeze out a fake apology. I can understand why it would be incredibly frustrating to deal with that for years on end.

• Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But what I don't like about her is that she then plays victim when she gets confronted with it. How she threatens to quit the show each time. She takes no ownership of her actions. She can barely squeeze out a fake apology. I can understand why it would be incredibly frustrating to deal with that for years on end.

None of them take ownership for anything. That's Lisa personality and they know it. Kyle will be the first to admit that she knows Lisa will never admit to wrong doing even if it hurts her. However it doesn't stop her game and that's my point.  Playing the victim is part of her plan when she gets busted. I know it sounds terrible, but I get it because if even one of them had the opportunity to excel they wouldn't give a rats ass who they stabbed in back, walked over, spit on , to get there. This is just human nature, not one of them is without fault. The only reason Teddi owned up to anything is simply because she  was busted with text messages.. I gurantee if those text messages had never seen the light of day , Teddi wouldn't have said a dam thing.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2

I wonder what the rest of the season will look like without Lisa Vanderpump being the target of the malice of the lesser lights in the show. I am sure the next episode will be a rehash of the argument and Kyle playing the victim but then where do they go?

Will they continue to reference Lisa and complain that she is not participating? How will they interact with each other and what do they bring to the table? Is Dorito going to continue with the crocodile tears and the professions of innocence? Will Denise stay high throughout her entire first season as a housewife? Will Lisa only film with Denise Richards and Camille and leave the rest of the out of her world?

It is going to be very interesting.

• Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, notabouthepasta said:

YES!  

I know I'm late but I've been reading through this thread and saw several posts stating how Lisa has always defended Kyle while Kyle has never returned the favor.  I can't agree that Lisa always defended Kyle because she was awful to her that season the tabloids were saying Mauricio had cheated on Kyle.  Lisa made it a point to say we don't KNOW he didn't cheat even when Ken stated it was all rubbish.  Lisa insisted "nobody knows definitively".  Also, Lisa was caught in a lie when she was trying to stir up shit between Carlton and Kyle with the gold crown on the blue skull necklace.  It was on camera what she said and when called out on it, she's all "Whaaaa?"  I mean that was just sloppy.  I haven't seen the Lisa/Ken/Kyle blowout yet (haven't finished the episode yet) but I will say it seems that when Lisa is caught lying, she plays dumb, repeats the question back, etc.  I think when she's wrongly accused of something, she bucks up and has a lot to say.  

For instance, at the season 2 reunion when Adrienne accused Lisa of selling a story to Radar Online, Lisa's response is how I believe she responds when she's been wrongfully accused.  There was no hesitation.  "I have NEVER sold a story in my life and I WON'T be accused of that."  She was adamant.  Conversely, whenever Brandi accused her of putting the tabloids in the suitcase, for example, (which I believe was a mean-spirited joke she should have just admitted to), she played dumb and even tried to tell Mauricio to ignore it when it was just Mo/Kyle and Lisa/Ken on the beach.  Plus she even tried to smooth things over with Brandi on the bus after Brandi accused her.  She wouldn't do that if Brandi were lying.  

I think Lisa was extremely loyal to Kyle (a true friend to Kyle) up until Kyle started to question Lisa's authenticity (I'm not sure of the word to use) in Season 2 with how Lisa probably made it clear she wasn't a fan of Brandi coming on the show.  I bet Kyle thought she was showing blind loyalty to Lisa by shunning Brandi (this was definitely not a good season for Kyle as far as how she treated Brandi.  That was shameful) and then felt betrayed when Lisa decided to flip the script and befriend Brandi.  I'm also sure it bothered Kyle how Lisa suddenly befriended Taylor this season as well when it behooved her after barely containing her disgust at Taylor in the past.  

I wonder how things would have turned out had Kyle never betrayed Lisa by speaking negatively about her behind her back and making the rehearsed Bobby Fischer comment at the reunion.  They really seemed to have a solid friendship but I think Lisa never truly forgives wrongdoings.  

Right, Lisa has been making Kyle pay for that 'Bobby Fischer" comment for years now.  Kyle just doesn't know it.. Don't cross Lisa V , she won't forget it and she'll play it to her advantage eventually. Now Kyle is back in the dog house again, she's have to pay for this one for the rest of he life.. As that saying goes:  LISA IS PLAYING CHESS.. WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING CHECKERS: KYLE WAS RIGHT , EVERY MOVE IS CALCULATED ..BUT ONLY WHEN IT NEEDS TO BE...

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I wonder what the rest of the season will look like without Lisa Vanderpump being the target of the malice of the lesser lights in the show. I am sure the next episode will be a rehash of the argument and Kyle playing the victim but then where do they go?

Will they continue to reference Lisa and complain that she is not participating? How will they interact with each other and what do they bring to the table? Is Dorito going to continue with the crocodile tears and the professions of innocence? Will Denise stay high throughout her entire first season as a housewife? Will Lisa only film with Denise Richards and Camille and leave the rest of the out of her world?

Well, Vile Kyle and her shady huzzbin could always steal yet another house.  Or Kim and the concrete freeway abutment could make a return ...

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, smores said:

Also, everyone complementing her on the pill covered leggings?  I don't believe that LVP was going to show up at the spin class and I think they all knew that, but pretending for a moment that she was, it's not cute to show up in those knowing that her brother had died of an overdose.  And she follows this up with the pill covered cupcake birthday wish later that week.  Seems Rinna was really working overtime to get that pill thing in front of LVP, and it wasn't the joke she is now claiming it was. 

Nothing that they showed onscreen were threats, though.  They were legitimate questions asking if they would discard their kids if they had a discipline problem, etc.  It wasn't like "We're going to take your kids because you dumped that dog you hateful bitch!" Also, shouldn't she be more worried about her kids being around when she's getting chased around a pool by someone like she was in the Bahamas?  I doubt her kids are reading twitter at this point, but I'm pretty sure that if someone was yelling about them paying up at a pool, they'd know something weird was going on. 

I think Dorit leaked it.  And this is why:

The story got leaked in September.  By this time it was already clear to Dorit that the women all knew about the dog being dumped, and that it was a "thing" that multiple scenes had been filmed about.  She had filmed a scene explaining it to Erika.  She had done the restaurant scene with LVP, PK and Ken, discussing it.  She knew that Kyle, Teddi and LVP had the scene at VDPDs.  She also was aware of the entire situation in the Bahamas.  So, there's no doubt by then that it WILL be a topic on the upcoming season.  Dorit is also completely clear by this point that LVP is disappointed in how things turned out, but, she didn’t blame her.  She wishes she'd have returned the dog, but LVP has taken the stance that there was nothing that Dorit did wrong, other than not returning the dog, and she certainly didn't mean for it to turn out this way.  Dorit also knows that Teddi, Rinna and Kyle are pushing an angle that Teddi was manipulated by LVP, though she doesn't have all of the details.  The danger, of course, is that the public doesn't take the same stand that LVP does, that Dorit didn't do anything wrong.  How can Dorit control that? Easy, she can spin things to make herself the wronged party and take control of the story the way she usually does.  So she "leaks" that LVP is furious with her, so the story is out months before the season comes out, that way the news isn't as shocking.  She also gets to play the victim of a friend wronging HER during the filming of the show, and the ladies rally around her.  Then she gets to do a whole tour about how this has been so awful, etc, etc, and she is able to not answer any questions about the dog and her actual behavior in regards to the dog, because it's all so much bigger.  Not to mention, this pretty much overtook any stories in the tabloids about the Bahamas pool incident.

People set google alerts for themselves and anything they want to stay on top of.  If you're famous or own a business, you want to know what is being said about you, good or bad.  If it's good, then yay! If it's bad, you need to know before there's a major thing so you can get out in front of it.  Other people use it just to follow news about people they want to know about, say you're a big fan of Kim Kardashian and want to see any news article about her.  Or perhaps it's something relevant to your job, if you're in PR or you work in government or any number of things, you need to know what some people are doing and saying.

Giggy also has some skin issues, alopecia and allergies, and I believe she's said they have to medicate him for the allergies.  I have no idea how dogs react to antihistamines, but I'm guessing it likely can knock them out the way it does people.

LVP is pretty tolerant with her younger staff.  I certainly would have gotten rid of many of her people if they had worked for me, but she does seem to be willing to give them second (third and fourth!), chances and let them learn how to be adults and real employees.  It's kind of endearing.

Watching Kyle as she drove to LVP's house made me realize just how soft focus they are in the confessionals.  There was quite the difference in her face as they bounced from car to confessional and back again.

Is sending a picture of a pill covered cupcake to someone to wish them a happy birthday knowing their brother had died of an overdose just a couple of months earlier manipulative? Or is that just being upfront? Because to me, when said person is called out on exactly that behavior and claims it was a joke, then that's not exactly being upfront.

LVP only dresses up 2 of her dogs.  Giggy and Harrison, both of whom have alopecia.  They wear their clothing because they have patches of skin with no fur and otherwise would be at risk for sunburn.  Giggy's breeder wanted him to be put down years ago due to his issues and LVP refused.  But, with all of the other dogs running around her on the show (and I've truly lost count of how many she has, plus I know some have passed away in the last few years), none of the others are dressed up.  

I also don't particularly take issue with her working to stop the end of dog meat sales and not fighting to change how veal/other meat is produced.  To me, that's the same argument as if someone is particularly passionate about say, plastic in the oceans.  They dedicate their time, money and resources/efforts to that particular cause, which is their right.  But, it's not exactly fair to then say, oh, but that means you don't care about starving children in our country.  Everyone gets to pick their "thing" for lack of a better term.  I, personally, am someone who directs more of my charitable efforts towards childhood hunger.  That doesn't mean I don't care about animal abuse.  I don't want animals harmed, but, it's not my particular focus.  I don't think @walnutqueen  (and I'm not picking on you, you've just been fairly outspoken about your love of animals and care of them), doesn't care about childhood hunger.  I think she just has a focus on animal issues.  

Dorit did tell her the next day, but she didn't give LVP the name of the person.  Curiously, that person has also never spoken up.  If I were the third party, I would have at least reached out to LVP privately, to let her know that I did it and my friend, Dorit, was innocent.  Hell, if I were Dorit, I'd have pretty much taken LVP to the person's house as soon as I found out that the dog was dropped at a shelter and been like, "What the fuck did you do, you need to explain this to both of us, because this is NOT cool!"

Oh, he would.  He has.  He might not, though, if he thought perhaps LVP (or any other HW) wanted to buy or sell a property in the near future.  Seems like Kyle always manages to be BFFs with someone who is moving, doesn't it?  

Also, notice how in all of her bitter little glory Teddi didn't have anything to say about how LVP did this "last time"?  Because this was the second time Teddi had done a spin event for VDPDs, so if LVP had come to the previous one, but opted to bow out of this one, you know damn well Teddi would have been dropping shit like "Of course she didn't show, she knows she's wrong.  Last time she was here glad handing everyone and trying to collect donations, but this time she couldn't bear to show her face."  But, crickets.  No one ever actually expected her, they just wanted to pretend she wasn't showing up.  

And if LVP had initially planned to attend, there would have been some sort of comment, either from LVP at VDPDs or in a confessional where she said something to the effect of, I was going to go to the spin event, but . . . and explained her perspective or given some sort of excuse.  She flat out said, in relation to an event earlier this season, "No, of course I wasn't going to go and deal with that bullshit" 

The more I look at this picture, the less I think it was documenting a dog bite and the more I think it's someone who is on a bender and fell or managed to cut their own face on something.  PK does NOT look sober in that pic.

I noticed the difference in Kyle's face too.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Well, Vile Kyle and her shady huzzbin could always steal yet another house.  Or Kim and the concrete freeway abutment could make a return ...

Let's just hope Kim doesn't bring Kingsley back with her.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But childhood hunger and animal abuse are different causes. 

If you said you wanted to abolish hunger in children between the ages of 4 and 7, I think it would be reasonable to wonder why you're okay with hunger in babies and 10-year-olds.  If you said it's because you like children between the ages of 4 and 7 better than you like children of other ages, I think you might be judged harshly.  Sure, it's your money and you can do with it what you want, but there's something a little icky about protecting this small segment based on your personal preferences (and unlike Lisa Vanderpump, you presumably don't eat or profit from the ones you're choosing not to protect).

I kind of see what you are saying, but I think it's nitpicky to an extent.  It's like the way I feel about hunting.  If you're out hunting for deer that you then have butchered and proceed to eat? I don't really care.  In fact, I like venison.  I have no problems with people killing animals that they then use to feed their family with.  But, people who go on big game hunts solely for the trophy kill? They fucking disgust me.  

I'm clear with myself about the fact that I couldn't be vegetarian.  I admire people who are, particularly for personal ethical reasons.  It just isn't something I can do, though.  I think animals should be killed humanely, I think you should take more than you will use, and I think you should use what you take, but, at the end of the day, I don't particularly lose sleep over a cow that became dinner.  I do also recognize that other cultures eat animals that we see as off limits, and while I'd prefer not to see whale, dog or horse meat up for sale, I can't get pissy if they do so when we sell and eat the meat that we do.  

Still, I just think everyone has their issue that they are passionate about.  As I mentioned above, for some, game hunting might be the line they draw, while they're ok with the family that hunts and fishes to supplement their groceries.  Each person has their own focus, and if they do their work on that particular platform, then more awareness is brought to the various issues, even if it isn't the issue as a whole.  For years, prior to employing Billie, LVP was showcasing LGBT rights by hosting Pride events, but she didn't have a particular focus on the transgender community.  But now she doesn't show anyone who is gender fluid or who prefers not to identify.  It's sort of a ripple effect, the circle could always be bigger, sure.  But the person isn't wrong for focusing their efforts on one of the smaller rings.

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

>>>>>>

I'm not clear on how Lisa saying she didn't have John Blizzard's number and then Ken later being on the phone with John proves she's lying.  John could have been at VDPDs and they could have been on the phone from there.  Ken could easily have called John Sessa or any of the other people associated with VDPDs and gotten his number or said have him call me.  Also, just because Ken has his number doesn't mean that LVP does.  My husband has a bunch of phone numbers that I don't and I have a bunch that he doesn't.  In the company that I work for, I have contact info to reach everyone above me in multiple ways, but that is not true for all of my coworkers.  Some don't have a phone number to our boss at all and while our boss would, naturally, have contact info for the employees in their paperwork, it's not something they carry around with them.  Could they get to it? Yes, but do they have it on hand 24/7 the way they would a friend or an employee they check in with frequently (like, say the manager of SUR, etc)? Nah.

For the record, I added a weird break in your post, only because I wanted to say something about a later part of it and condense things down a bit.  VDPDs is a charity, they groom dogs and the proceeds from doing that go to running the charity.  The sale of the items in the shop also go to the charity.  The 990 is on the VDPDs website.  

I agree with your stance on Yulin.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Let's just hope Kim doesn't bring Kingsley back with her.

I'd take him in - or on ... /small voice.  Because nobody sets foot on Casa de Deplorable grounds, we only do walkies in the wee hours, and I am too fucking broke to be sued.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
49 minutes ago, langford peel said:

OH... you can believe they will still be talking about her, they don't have storyline without her ??? Think about it ..

Edited by byrd
  • Love 7

TO ME, a man who constantly involves themselves in women business is a bitch. 

They all know each other and they all, presumably, know the details of the Lucy story; what specifically about this whole thing would be considered "women business"?

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, byrd said:

OH... you can believe they will still be talking about her, they don't have storyline without her ??? Think about it ..

I think you are absolutely right. How do you think that is going to play? That their lives are so empty that the only thing they have to talk about is Lisa Vanderpump. 

I am going to enjoy laughing at them as though they got the Shark Room at Bluestone Mansion. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

They all know each other and they all, presumably, know the details of the Lucy story; what specifically about this whole thing would be considered "women business"?

Well just call my man a 'bitch" because if she had shown up to my house to confront me over some bullshit my husband would have taken her ass to task, what affect me affects him the same for Lisa  and Ken. If this had happened anywhere other than then their home the outcome may be different, but you don't bring your ass on my turf talking crap about me. 

• Love 17
(edited)

There are about bajillion cookbooks out there.  Isa Chandra Moskowitz has tons of great vegan cookbooks including ones for just cupcakes and just pies.  Robin Robertson is another great vegan chef who has written many books

.  It's no sacrifice to be vegan, believe me.  I eat the fuck out of some food and I've been vegan for many years.

Edited by shirazplease
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, byrd said:

None of them take ownership for anything. That's Lisa personality and they know it. Kyle will be the first to admit that she knows Lisa will never admit to wrong doing even if it hurts her. However it doesn't stop her game and that's my point.  Playing the victim is part of her plan when she gets busted. I know it sounds terrible, but I get it because if even one of them had the opportunity to excel they wouldn't give a rats ass who they stabbed in back, walked over, spit on , to get there. This is just human nature, not one of them is without fault. The only reason Teddi owned up to anything is simply because she  was busted with text messages.. I gurantee if those text messages had never seen the light of day , Teddi wouldn't have said a dam thing.

I don't see it that way at all. Many of them have taken responsibility for their actions. Kyle, Camille, Eileen, Erika, Lisa R and so many others have uttered the words, "I'm sorry." Maybe they didn't totally mean it, or perhaps they were backed into a corner but they still made some overture of actual contrition. And I actually think there were several instances where they did mean it. And none of them have fled away crying, "I'm going to take my ball and go home" like LVP does every single time that she gets confronted with this stuff. I guess I don't subscribe to the idea that humans aren't inherently shitty and therefore LVP should get a pass for all of her shitty behavior. Especially when it seems the other women are taken to task for their behavior? For example, would you say something similar about Kim Richards (who is really the only other cast member I can think of who likewise never accepts responsibility for anything)?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, byrd said:

Well just call my man a 'bitch" because if she had shown up to my house to confront me over some bullshit my husband would have taken her ass to task, what affect me affects him the same for Lisa  and Ken. If this had happened anywhere other than then their home the outcome may be different, but you don't bring your ass on my turf talking crap about me. 

For the life of me I can not understand why Ken standing up for his wife is a problem! Call my husband a big bitch then because he would never allow anyone to talk to me that way in our home. Kyle had a lot of nerve not leaving the 1st time she was told. Who has to be told multiple times to leave someone’s house?

• Love 23
1 hour ago, notabouthepasta said:

YES!  

I agree with all of this. And it is also why I am so torn on whether LVP leaked this story to Radar Online because she has never been this adamant about denying something before.

• Love 2
(edited)

I finally got around to watching this episode and I hated it as much as I thought I would.    LisaR, Teddi, Kyle, Erika and especially Dorit are such losers.   They wouldn't have a storyline if it wasn't for LVP.   The only reason I watched is because I wanted to see Kyle get thrown out of Villa Rosa...too bad the swans didn't attack her on the way out. 

And now for the best part ...... reading all the comments here!   😜

Edited by AnnA
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

Thanks for that.  I am the unfortunate child who was raised as a carnivore/carbivore, and those meat cravings are hard to break. And, like I've said, I do abhor almost all things "veggie".

How we can love animals and still find some of them delicious is a great mystery.

And, I am of the notion that Ken, or any other man, can insert himself into "wimmens' biddness" any old day. And throw any old skank who disrespects his wife out of their house.

Edited by walnutqueen
punctuation, sad creation
  • Love 13
(edited)
19 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I don't see it that way at all. Many of them have taken responsibility for their actions. Kyle, Camille, Eileen, Erika, Lisa R and so many others have uttered the words, "I'm sorry." Maybe they didn't totally mean it, or perhaps they were backed into a corner but they still made some overture of actual contrition. And I actually think there were several instances where they did mean it. And none of them have fled away crying, "I'm going to take my ball and go home" like LVP does every single time that she gets confronted with this stuff. I guess I don't subscribe to the idea that humans aren't inherently shitty and therefore LVP should get a pass for all of her shitty behavior. Especially when it seems the other women are taken to task for their behavior? For example, would you say something similar about Kim Richards (who is really the only other cast member I can think of who likewise never accepts responsibility for anything)?

Over the past seasons , during drama with Kyle and Lisa I have even heard Lisa V say I'm sorry to Kyle .. that's doesn't means she meant a word of it. Also maybe she really did mean it ? who knows ..Maybe she just wanted Kyle to stop crying also. Listen , weather we want to believe it or not this is reality television and the real personalities of the women are exposed each week , all of this is not for the camera alone. This is a platform to be used to your advantage , if you don't play to that you're just crazy all of them are ambitious, not blaming anyone for that , it's an asset, Lisa V just knows how to get what she wants. I never said Lisa V should get a pass, I said this is who she is accept or don't it doesn't change the game. However Lisa V wishes to play it is her call.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3

For me, ancient creature that I am, our home, our house, our property is our sanctuary from the chaos of the rest of the world. Someone coming up to me and ripping me a new one is something I may (and have had) to tolerate out in the real world, but NOT EVER in my own home. And if someone were to come into my home under the pretext of friendship and proceed to rip me that new one, then refuse (physically or verbally makes no difference) to leave, I would absolutely expect my DH to come to my defense, up to AND including physically ejecting the offending erstwhile 'friend' from the premises. As I would do the same for him. It is not a women's or men's issue - it is where our priorities lie and for me that is in the safety and sanctity of where we live and are at our most vulnerable. For someone to come in, exploit that vulnerability and destroy that feeling of a refuge removed from the rest of the world is disrespectful to the point of unforgiveable. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

No, we stopped killing and eating the friendliest and most subservient of wild puppies, and they STILL love us.  DOG only knows why.

Zero fucks to give about an ancient culture.

Seriously. While many of us as individuals might be deserving of the love our precious canines bestow upon us, as a species (see: Dorit Kemsley), we definitely don’t deserve them.

If I lived on the same coast as you, walnutqueen, I would happily teach you to cook all the tasty vegan things. A lot is in the preparation. A vegetarian restaurant near me has the most amazing tamari brussels sprouts. I’ve had a few veggie-averse, near carnivorous friends try them and suddenly they like veggies. At home, while I love most veggies on their own, as a basic general rule, olive oil and garlic are magical (especially on greens). 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And if she left it at that, I would be fine with it. 

But her cause expanded, and does include consumption the way the U.S. eats pigs and cows, calling for a worldwide ban on eating dogs and cats.  The House Resolution she was popping champagne corks about "urges all nations to outlaw the dog and cat meat trade."

In fact, the Yulin festival was mentioned in the original version submitted, but in the version that was passed, there's no mention of it at all, and only an oblique reference to adrenaline causing more tender meat, among much discussion of the meat trade's cruelty to dogs and cats (but not to animals worldwide, including in factory farms in the U.S.).

She's making millions selling dishes made of all sorts of animals in her restaurants, and as far as I can tell, eats those animals herself.  That's fine, but I do think it denies her the authority to dictate which animals people in other countries consume.

But childhood hunger and animal abuse are different causes. 

If you said you wanted to abolish hunger in children between the ages of 4 and 7, I think it would be reasonable to wonder why you're okay with hunger in babies and 10-year-olds.  If you said it's because you like children between the ages of 4 and 7 better than you like children of other ages, I think you might be judged harshly.  Sure, it's your money and you can do with it what you want, but there's something a little icky about protecting this small segment based on your personal preferences (and unlike Lisa Vanderpump, you presumably don't eat or profit from the ones you're choosing not to protect).

Points taken. However, I tend to prefer to see someone doing what little they can instead of saying, "if I can't do it all, I won't bother to do anything." And if I was mad that Lisa served meat and ate meat, I'd have to be mad at the many people (most of them) I know who do the latter. But those people do other charitable things in life that I don't. Everyone can't do everything. And maybe Lisa -- or someone she inspires -- will do more and do better someday.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, byrd said:

I WILL SAY ONCE AGAIN...DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE DAMN GAME >>>LISA V is a MASTER AT IT !!! LOL !!!!

Oh, but where's the fun in not being able to do both simultaneously? Lol

9 minutes ago, smores said:

I'm not clear on how Lisa saying she didn't have John Blizzard's number and then Ken later being on the phone with John proves she's lying.  John could have been at VDPDs and they could have been on the phone from there.  Ken could easily have called John Sessa or any of the other people associated with VDPDs and gotten his number or said have him call me.  Also, just because Ken has his number doesn't mean that LVP does.  My husband has a bunch of phone numbers that I don't and I have a bunch that he doesn't.  In the company that I work for, I have contact info to reach everyone above me in multiple ways, but that is not true for all of my coworkers.  Some don't have a phone number to our boss at all and while our boss would, naturally, have contact info for the employees in their paperwork, it's not something they carry around with them.  Could they get to it? Yes, but do they have it on hand 24/7 the way they would a friend or an employee they check in with frequently (like, say the manager of SUR, etc)? Nah.

For the record, I added a weird break in your post, only because I wanted to say something about a later part of it and condense things down a bit.  VDPDs is a charity, they groom dogs and the proceeds from doing that go to running the charity.  The sale of the items in the shop also go to the charity.  The 990 is on the VDPDs website.  

I agree with your stance on Yulin.

Oh, my post was unclear.  Ken was on the phone with Blizzard earlier, and in Lisa's presence prior to Lisa saying she doesn't communicate with Blizzard.  I'll go into more detail below, but, for the record, I don't think it is proof that Lisa is lying.  As far as this show goes, here is the breakdown for me:

Dorit = liar, liar, will probably set her house on fire (for insurance payout)

LVP = twister of words

I totally appreciate what you are saying, and your examples.  I think this may be different because of the timing and presence of the parties in play.  I will try to make my point more clearly:  I am saying that Lisa's stance was that she doesn't communicate with John Blizzard, that she doesn't even have his telephone number.  Then Lisa said--either in an interview or on the show--that at the time the dog situation was occurring, and, IIRC, Lisa, Ken and John Sessa were at VR, Ken was on the phone with Blizzard.  So this wasn't after Lisa spoke to Teddi, this was before.  (If Ken had spoken to JB after Lisa said she personally doesn't communicate with JB, I wouldn't think much of it). The name of the game being that Ken could have conveyed something to Blizzard, most likely coming from himself and Lisa as a united front.  To me, this is splitting hairs and very much on the verge of lying, and it is certainly disingenous when the spirit of what LVP is trying to say to Teddi is that LVP wouldn't even have the ability to coordinate with John B when that is exactly what her spouse was doing in her presence prior to the Lisa-Teddi conversation.

As to the examples you cited above, I totally agree that those would be different If Ken were carrying on some kind of "Ken Business" such as explaining to the Johns exactly just how many buttons to wear open on a button-down shirt to make people uncomfortable--I would agree that Lisa may have nothing to do with this.  But when spouses are in the same business and they are in the same place at the same time, and one is on the phone discussing the issue with John Blizzard, I think it is a pertinent detail that should be disclosed when one is discussing the level of communication they have with regard to John Blizzard.  And I use this as just on of many examples; the other being a previous seasons' tabloid exploits, another being this season's tabloid exploits.

To take all the emotion out of it, to me, it's as if my husband and I had a Chinese food truck which was always operating on the corner of 42nd and 5th at 2 pm on weekdays, and my husband and I were also opening up an Italian food truck, and, in order to gain more business for the Italian food truck, we pulled the Chinese food truck one Wednesday and just had the Italian food truck there instead and one of my friends told me that she heard from Mayor DeBlasio that I had done this on purpose, and my response was, "I don't communicate with Mayor DeBlasio.  I don't even have his phone number."  I think that would be disingenous and misleading if I knew my husband was wild about the idea of switching the food trucks and he had just recently been on the phone with Mayor DeBlasio--prior to the food truck switch--discussing same in my presence, even if I didn't know exactly what words were used.  

It's like a legal defense.  Technically Lisa may not have discussed the matter with John Blizzard, but she knew more than she let on, and she does this all the time, and I would find it very irritating if I knew her.  

It's like RadarOnline.  I believe her that she didn't plant the story.  But to go and say no one she knows would have done it, and to swear on her kids' lives to this effect...it makes her look like an effing liar (Camille), because no one can swear to what another person would do.  

As far as the charity, I believe that we are supposed to believe that 100% of the proceeds of the items are going to charity, I just don't believe it.  I would have to go to the website and read all about it and devote like an hour, and, if I had the hour, I would probably rather go back and find the exact words Lisa used about Ken and John Blizzard.  I guess I can only call it a hunch until I research the thing, so I'll leave it alone for now.  

Thank you for acknowledging my stance on Yulin.  I acknowledge and agree with your stance that everyone has to draw their own line, and I admire your courage for saying that you don't agree with eating dog, but you aren't going to judge other cultures for doing same (please correct me if I took too much liberty in editorializing your position).  

Hopefully this made a modicum of sense.  I read another poster who wrote that what takes them a second to think of takes a year to write out on the computer, so holla at cha if you're still with me.  

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, notabouthepasta said:

YES!  

Ditto!!! Many good points there. 

As for Ken, I think he is adorable and seems like the kind of husband any woman would be lucky to have. Adores his wife, loves his kids, a big softie for all those doggies, self-made successful businessman, and actually quite funny if any of you remember some of the things he said in earlier seasons. Also, as awful as Brandi was to his wife, remember how even though he had Lisa’s back, he immediately softened when Brandi got emotional? I know there are people who see him as a cranky old man, but I think he’s a big softie who simply doesn’t want anyone hurting his wife, whether that’s Kyle, Cedric, Brandi, or Yolanda. I don’t remember him getting catty or into anything when it had nothing to do with Lisa. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 15

I didn't find Ken's outburst that bad -- he was passionate, he raised his voice, but it seemed more like out of hurt/disappointment/defensiveness than hostility towards Kyle.  It didn't look like she felt threatened or anything.

I grew up in the 70s, there was just a lot more yelling back then. It might seem shocking to some today, but to Ken (and apparently Kyle coz I think I saw an eyeroll from her) it was probably just business as usual, 70s style. He's old, and so it seems am I. I don't love yelling or anything, and I think it would be better if he had taken it down a bit, but defend his wife, hell yes. Tell someone to leave his home, well within his rights. 

He didn't throw a drink in her face, or angrily smash a glass or growl weirdly while talking, any those things would be scarier to me personally. Shrug. MVs I guess.

• Love 23
(edited)
37 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

And none of them have fled away crying, "I'm going to take my ball and go home" like LVP does every single time that she gets confronted with this stuff. I guess I don't subscribe to the idea that humans aren't inherently shitty and therefore LVP should get a pass for all of her shitty behavior. Especially when it seems the other women are taken to task for their behavior? For example, would you say something similar about Kim Richards (who is really the only other cast member I can think of who likewise never accepts responsibility for anything)?

In reality the other women want Lisa Vanderpump to accept responsibility for everything. They have no agency or free will. They claim she manipulates everyone and is the cause of the conflicts and bad feelings among the other members of the cast. Several of the Housewives have decided to leave or were forced to leave the show. Adrienne and Camille spring to mind. Now they left of their own accord or were not invited back. The difference is that Bravo was desperate for Lisa to remain. That is why they refused to let her take a year off. They know that there is not a show without her and the reaction of the lesser lights to her fabulousness. 

Now we can test that theory. 

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 6
On 4/3/2019 at 3:56 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Do we know the period of time between Dorit telling Lisa that the dog was "rehomed" and when the shelter notified them Lucy was in their possession?  

That is the most important thing.   So Dorit phones Lisa to tell her that Lucy has gone to an 'honest woman'.

Lisa asks for the name of the 'honest woman' in order to do re-homing checks.

Dorit can't remember her name and VDP are in touch with Dorit with no luck.

Lucy's microchip is found in a shelter.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, byrd said:

Exactly right !!!  I have never seen such a bunch of pussies, these women have no brains and can't think for themselves at all. Hey, don't hate the player, hate the game ..because Lisa V is damn good at it !!!!!   

Or, as John Oliver said on WWHL last month (in reference to his admiration for Dorinda and the texted Tyler Perry quote): “Hate the player, love the game!”

Really, these shows wouldn’t even exist if many viewers weren’t fans of the game in some way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, langford peel said:

Lisa did send a representative. She couldn't send one of the Johns because that would have led to a giant fight with Teddi accusing them of all kind of things. Lisa was never going to cycle. She doesn't do physical activity as evidenced on how she stayed on the beach while the rest of the women went into the water in the Bahama's. There was a representative there with some puppies and all the information that anyone could want. Lisa just didn't walk into a set up where all of the women could attack her. That is why she is now divorced from the rest of the show. She doesn't need to go to be attacked by the likes of Rinna, Erica, Teddi or especially Dorito. It is beneath her dignity and Bravo can not or will not force her to endure it.

Lisa had a competing event being filmed by Bravo at the same time. If it was a problem they would not have filmed it and insisted on her going to the Cycle bullshit to be a piñata.

And it can never be said enough.

GET OUT KYLE!!!!!!!!!!

Yes - this is true - and I can't blame her.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, langford peel said:

In reality the other women want Lisa Vanderpump too accept responsibility for everything. They claim she manipulates everyone and is the cause of the conflicts and bad feelings among the other members of the cast. Several of the Housewives have decided to leave the show. Adrienne and Camille spring to mind. Now they left or where not invited back. The difference is that Bravo is desperate for Lisa to remain. That is why they refused to let her take a year off. They know that there is not a show without her and the reaction of the lesser lights to her fabulousness. 

Yezzzzzz!!!! Thank you !! This is what I am talking about !!! Lisa V is not some villian,  they're just stupid,,

6 minutes ago, langford peel said:

In reality the other women want Lisa Vanderpump too accept responsibility for everything. They claim she manipulates everyone and is the cause of the conflicts and bad feelings among the other members of the cast. Several of the Housewives have decided to leave the show. Adrienne and Camille spring to mind. Now they left or where not invited back. The difference is that Bravo is desperate for Lisa to remain. That is why they refused to let her take a year off. They know that there is not a show without her and the reaction of the lesser lights to her fabulousness. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jel said:

I didn't find Ken's outburst that bad -- he was passionate, he raised his voice, but it seemed more like out of hurt/disappointment/defensiveness than hostility towards Kyle.  It didn't look like she felt threatened or anything.

I didn't either. I was honestly surprised he didn't lose his shit on Kyle any more than he did.

I don't think Ken has ever fully forgiven Kyle for the stuff she's done to Lisa in the past. He can be cordial and friendly, but he has been side-eyeing her for years. He's never quite trusted her and now he's been proven right.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Or, as John Oliver said on WWHL last month (in reference to his admiration for Dorinda and the texted Tyler Perry quote): “Hate the player, love the game!”

Really, these shows wouldn’t even exist if many viewers weren’t fans of the game in some way.

thank you ..Glad someone else gets it !!!!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

As to the examples you cited above, I totally agree that those would be different If Ken were carrying on some kind of "Ken Business" such as explaining to the Johns exactly just how many buttons to wear open on a button-down shirt to make people uncomfortable--I would agree that Lisa may have nothing to do with this.  But when spouses are in the same business and they are in the same place at the same time, and one is on the phone discussing the issue with John Blizzard, I think it is a pertinent detail that should be disclosed when one is discussing the level of communication they have with regard to John Blizzard.  And I use this as just on of many examples; the other being a previous seasons' tabloid exploits, another being this season's tabloid exploits.

Thank you for acknowledging my stance on Yulin.  I acknowledge and agree with your stance that everyone has to draw their own line, and I admire your courage for saying that you don't agree with eating dog, but you aren't going to judge other cultures for doing same (please correct me if I took too much liberty in editorializing your position).  

Hopefully this made a modicum of sense.  I read another poster who wrote that what takes them a second to think of takes a year to write out on the computer, so holla at cha if you're still with me.  

I get what you are saying.  I do think that Peter, the manager from SUR, would be better at teaching the uncomfortable button class, though.  He always seems to be half dressed.  

You have my stance correct on Yulin.

3 minutes ago, TVFANNO1 said:

That is the most important thing.   So Dorit phones Lisa to tell her that Lucy has gone to an 'honest woman'.

Lisa asks for the name of the 'honest woman' in order to do re-homing checks.

Dorit can't remember her name and VDP are in touch with Dorit with no luck.

Lucy's microchip is found in a shelter.

According to here:

We don't know for sure when Lucy was given away or when Dorit called LVP.  But, LVP did say that she had told Dorit that she needed the name of the person the dog was given to so they could follow up and do the home visit and before that happened, they got the word that the dog was in the shelter.  They got that notice on 7/29 and LVP had dinner on 7/19 with Dorit off camera, so it was likely somewhere in those 10 days, I'm guessing closer to the 7/29 date than the 7/19 one. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Seriously. While many of us as individuals might be deserving of the love our precious canines bestow upon us, as a species (see: Dorit Kemsley), we definitely don’t deserve them.

If I lived on the same coast as you, walnutqueen, I would happily teach you to cook all the tasty vegan things. A lot is in the preparation. A vegetarian restaurant near me has the most amazing tamari brussels sprouts. I’ve had a few veggie-averse, near carnivorous friends try them and suddenly they like veggies. At home, while I love most veggies on their own, as a basic general rule, olive oil and garlic are magical (especially on greens). 

Oh. my dear MrsWitter - you must know I lurve you like the luggage I'll never use again, and my restaurant forays are long gone in my rearview mirror..  I am lazier than Giggy in a straitjacket so unless the veggies are cheaper and easier than this ole slut ...

Olive oil and garlic work magic on meat, too!!!

Harry Hamlin stays married to Lisa Rinna because she's the only person on the planet who thinks he's a "deep thinker".

• LOL 8
  • Love 5