Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: FOMO in Mexico

• Start Topic

As the Mexico trip continues, Stassi unleashes her insecurities on Beau; Ariana attempts to show Lala the error of her mean girl ways; Lisa oversees TomTom's first dinner service; Jax dredges up old accusations against Kristen.

Airs April 1, 2019.

• Love 2

Katie and Ariana should prepare themselves for some lonely nights.  That’s what happens when your in the restaurant business.  Katie needs to find something to do with her time.  

Sheana’s hair is too long and too dark.

Why in the world Brittany thinks drinking straight tequila is a good idea is beyond me.  I assume she’s trying to stay away from acid, but she should have something mixed with soda.  The thought of straight hard alcohol on my previously bleeding ulcer makes me cringe.  

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, nytonc said:

When Jax is the voice of reason, you know Britt’s drinking must be out of control

To be fair I would be drinking to drown out Jax’s voice, reason or otherwise, if I was Britt.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Stassi wants Beau to want stuff the exact same way she does.  When she's over it, he's supposed to be over it.  If she wants to stay out until 3:21 partying, then he'd better not want to party until 3:22!  God, she's tiresome, it's the same song all the fucking time with her.

• Love 23

Whoa. Stassi’s parents were divorced three times each?

Katie doesn’t mind Tom seeing Lala’s boobs now?

Ariana, who is Yellow Smith?

“Kiss from a Rose” soothes a panic attack?

Lots of questions tonight!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Why does Kristen always sound like she's on the verge of tears or that she's drunk? She's either slurring or sounding like she's thisclose to a breakdown. 

Only on a Bravo reality show would puking and drinking more alcohol be the recommended course of action to recover from a panic attack that had all of your friends surrounding you and breathing in your face and holding your head up like you were an extra on Baywatch and this was your big drowning scene.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 6

This episode annoyed me on so many levels. These kids are not kids. They are in their 30's.

How can you be preparing for the opening of your business for months and the day after, go out of town?? So annoying. You have a business to attend to.

Over and over again you drink to you are incoherent and rejoice in it.  So annoying.

Schenna , you come off so vapid and boardering on stupid. So annoying.

Stassi, you have a good man. He loves you and treats you well. And you do berate, abuse nitpik at him. So annoying,

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
29 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Tonight’s show was a good one IMO!

I agree!  I think it's because Chinbutt and his girlfriend weren't around.

Well that was awkward. I just got to relive the first two years of my relationship with Stupendous Man thanks to Beau and Stassi.

Stupendous Man's wife and girlfriend before me, cheated on him.  He was a kind, loyal man who took commitment, seriously. 

We had many fights where in the end I would be shouting, "I'm not Ethel or Nancy dammit!".

I feel for you Beau, but it's going to be that way for a while.......mental scar tissue. However, patience won out.  He accepted he was worthy of loyalty and after about 2 years, had full trust in me.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 20

The fact that Stassi and Beau are discussing her trust issues and the root of those issues now is a healthy thing.  She could probably use some therapy. The girl has pissed me off a time or twenty, but I actually think she is one that could have a really good life outside of the show.

• Love 21
57 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Stassi seems determined to torture Beau until he comes to his senses and leaves her.

45 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yep, she’s definitely her own worst enemy.  SMDH

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking while watching this!!  I like Beau, I think he truly cares for Stassi, and he's adorable, in a dorky kind of way.

But, Stassi is doing her best to sabotage this relationship.  I don't know what her deal is - maybe she has had so many bad relationships that she doesn't think she deserves to be happy?  Or, she's had so many bad relationships that she doesn't know how to be happy?  She needs to work on herself and find out why she does what she does.

Beau seems so harmless, and just seems to want to be happy with her, but he's smart to realize that he needs to be himself, and she needs to trust in him, in herself and in their relationship.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

The fact that Stassi and Beau are discussing her trust issues and the root of those issues now is a healthy thing.  She could probably use some therapy. The girl has pissed me off a time or twenty, but I actually think she is one that could have a really good life outside of the show.

I agree.  The fact that they are discussing things, and they are not keeping their feelings bottled up and not vocalized is definitely a step in the right direction, but as you said, Stassi could use some therapy on her own, and, if they think they are in this for the long haul, couples counseling (off-screen - not just for the show) would also help.  

• Love 9
Just now, njbchlover said:

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking while watching this!!  I like Beau, I think he truly cares for Stassi, and he's adorable, in a dorky kind of way.

But, Stassi is doing her best to sabotage this relationship.  I don't know what her deal is - maybe she has had so many bad relationships that she doesn't think she deserves to be happy?  Or, she's had so many bad relationships that she doesn't know how to be happy?  She needs to work on herself and find out why she does what she does.

Beau seems so harmless, and just seems to want to be happy with her, but he's smart to realize that he needs to be himself, and she needs to trust in him, in herself and in their relationship.

Stassi is stereotyping Beau into being exactly like the guys that she’s always been with, because it’s all she’s ever known.  She’s subconsciously scared to death that Beau is going to wind up being one of THOSE guys.  She has no idea how to handle even a semi-healthy relationship.  A good therapist would do her a world of good.  Or she can just call me. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Why does Schwartz have to do the bulk of the heavy lifting in his terrible marriage to the Fishwife? Why does Schwartz have to be the one to ask that they just communicate like normal people? Once again, I have to ask what the fuck Katie was doing during those 4 months when Schwartz was busy with TomTom? It wasn't working at SUR or on Pucker & Pout. It wasn't going to therapy and figuring out her patterns of anger. I'm left to conclude that it must have been turning the dent in the couch where she sits into a permanent Katie shaped dent in the couch.

Poor poor Kristen is finally realizing and articulating how unfair it is that there is a double standard in their group. She's slow to realize something viewers figured out 5 seasons ago. 

Lauren you're from Utah. You're a registered Republican. The Minstrel Faux-bulous Tour is cancelled.

• Love 14
(edited)

I still don't understand this group.  They are supposed to be adults in their 30's, but yet, when they go away somewhere, anywhere, they all revert to college kid behaviors-it's like once they get those passport stamps, it gives them a license to act like immature idiots.  The guys drinking and getting shitfaced in a hotel room and Sandoval farting in everyone's face was just disgusting and not even college kid behavior - more like jr. high.  The girls - skinny dipping or running topless into the ocean, or drunk and topless in the hot tub - these are things they should have outgrown at least ten years ago.  The whole group - drunk and stupid, and I mean falling down stupid, black out drunk.  It's just not a good look as you get older.  

I'm all for having a good time and partying, but this all just gets so "old" (for lack of a better way) - it's more of the same shit, different day with these people.  

Even Jax seems to be over it~~well, he is older than all the rest, so maybe that makes sense. 

I will say, though, that so far, it seems like everyone is having a fairly good time, even Katie and Kristen.  Maybe James not being there is a good thing.

And, Lala definitely has some anger issues she needs to figure out, unless she's using this as an audition reel as a "tough girl from the hood" role (if that's the case, it's not working, unfortunately for her).

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Why in the world Brittany thinks drinking straight tequila is a good idea is beyond me.  I assume she’s trying to stay away from acid, but she should have something mixed with soda.  The thought of straight hard alcohol on my previously bleeding ulcer makes me cringe.  

She should be drinking White Russians, like that other braintrust Adriana on The Sopranos.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

This episode is reminding why I’m thinking The Hills reboot is going to be a mistake. Watching 30 somethings party every episode is kind of tiresome and I worry that the hills reboot is going to try and be like Vanderpump and it’s actually quite tiresome. This show is slowly losing its luster. I know a lot liked this episode but it just kind of bugged me, it would be fun to watch if they didn’t get drunk every episode and this was a fun trip everyone was drinking and acting crazy.. but this was just like what they do on a regular  night. They were just in Mexico this night and week.

As Much As i dislike James,  the previews hd me laughing about a puppy shower, “I don’t know why they wouldn’t want to come to my puppy party!” And like I said I detest James I would so go to a puppy party.

• Love 9

Stassi, Kristen's speech wasn't about HOW to drink in moderation, it was about it being a good idea for all of them to drink in moderation because drunkeness often fuels fighting and idiocy among their group of friends. Back off,  it's the most sensible thing Kristen has ever said.

Also, Jax insisting on Kristen and James' hookup at the last Mexico trip is a nice little crack in his 'I'm a changed man' armour he's currently wearing. I still see you under there Jax.

Scheana needs to go to therapy and learn self-love.

Fuck...someone telling you that they feel battered, that's some serious shit but it's believable. Stass is controlling and clingy because she's probably convinced herself that keeping her man in sight is the only way to ensure he doesn't cheat. Having that kind of conversation probably isn't the best when drunk and in the wee hours of the morning but it's a good starting point if they want to try and legitimately make it work. Stassi should probably go to therapy or actively pursue ways to realize her traumas and how to productively work through them because unless she shifts her mentality, no gesture from any man will be enough to ease her mind. Also random, I know Stassi got a breast reduction in the past but her boobs do look quite large...maybe it's just the fit of the dress?

I really enjoyed drunk Ariana too, haha.

• Love 16

Only Brittany would translate no alcohol into no mixers!

Lala totally was egging Kristen on hopping she would flip out. 

Fire and drunk people shouldn’t mix.

I guess I don’t drink enough because I had no idea about the hangover patch existed.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Stassi, Kristen's speech wasn't about HOW to drink in moderation, it was about it being a good idea for all of them to drink in moderation because drunkeness often fuels fighting and idiocy among their group of friends. Back off,  it's the most sensible thing Kristen has ever said.

Kristen was sensible multiple times in this episode! I think most of it was to prove a point—that she’s not horrible on vacations—but still, an improvement. I also loved her Moments With Siri.

Scheana was also tolerable. Who knew?

Know who else was tolerable in this ep? James! Oh wait, he wasn’t really in it.

I’m surprised we are not seeing more of “Celebrity” Chef and Sysco Foods Culinary Sales Consultant Penny Davidi. You’d think that she’d be shoving her face all over the place. Some article said she “curated” (UGH) the menu. 

Stassi’s fight with Beau reminded me of a clip I saw from one of Tori and Dean’s numerous reality shows. I think it was after he cheated on Tori while he was in Canada filming Canadian Chopped. They were in their bedroom, and Tori was sobbing and sobbing and sobbing and Dean was whining and defending himself and consoling her. (WHY this has stuck in my memory I’ll never know!) Granted, I don’t think Beau has done anything bad to Stassi. But that scene was wholly unpleasant to watch. Plus, it dredged up that memory of one of the lamest reality shows, so there’s another strike against it.

Schwartz’s bed o’Frito Lay in the previews cracked me up. 

But Billie getting her nose out of joint about LVP perhaps not letting James DJ in *her own restaurant*? As though Billie’s Brunch gives her management/owner-level say so? Ugh.

• Love 9

Ugh, I really felt for Beau and Stassi this episode.  I know Stassi has her issues, but Beau was kind of being a jerk.  She didn't want to go dance on the catwalk and he just kept pressuring her.  That would've pissed me off too.  And then she wanted to go to bed after the bars and he pressured her to stay up longer and go skinny-dipping with the girls so he could hang out with the guys.  And when she FINALLY wanted to go to bed at 3:00 a.m., he complains that he's battered because she wants him to go to bed with her???

These two seem like an AMAZING couple, but when they are drinking, they both become so selfish.  He just wants to stay up late and party and he resents that she doesn't want him to.  And she wants to go to bed at a reasonable time (come on people, 3:00 a.m. is LATE when you are in your 30s) and resents that he wants to stay up even later.  They just need to learn how to compromise!  Stassi could maybe agree to stay up to 2 or 3 in the morning (or risk going to bed alone if she chooses to go to bed earlier) and Beau could agree to go to bed with her if she stays up that late WITHOUT making her feel guilty about it. 

Honestly, it kind of seemed that Stassi was compromising here - she wanted to go to bed much earlier but stayed out later because of Beau.  And then he's resentful when she's finally had enough.  I'm sure there was a lot more we WEREN'T shown, but Stassi didn't seem to be being unreasonable to me AT ALL until Beau started going on about how he's battered.  And she's just calmly "Wow, really?  Have you felt like that for a while now, or just tonight?"  I felt bad for her.  And then Beau does what my husband does when he's upset - exaggerates.  "This ALWAYS happens!"  I hate it when people argue with a skewed version of reality.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

You are a kid until you have your own kids.  I liked this episode.

Those were Freedom Farts!!!  

This is how the other half lives! 🥳💃💋

Truth. This is why I can’t finish a whole episode before going to bed and there are pediasure commercials. The only way I am up at 3:00 am these days is if I am cleaning vomit out of a crib! (Note: the vomit is a toddler’s, not a 30-something’s.)

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Kristen was sensible multiple times in this episode! I think most of it was to prove a point—that she’s not horrible on vacations—but still, an improvement. I also loved her Moments With Siri.

Scheana was also tolerable. Who knew?

Know who else was tolerable in this ep? James! Oh wait, he wasn’t really in it.

I’m surprised we are not seeing more of “Celebrity” Chef and Sysco Foods Culinary Sales Consultant Penny Davidi. You’d think that she’d be shoving her face all over the place. Some article said she “curated” (UGH) the menu. 

Stassi’s fight with Beau reminded me of a clip I saw from one of Tori and Dean’s numerous reality shows. I think it was after he cheated on Tori while he was in Canada filming Canadian Chopped. They were in their bedroom, and Tori was sobbing and sobbing and sobbing and Dean was whining and defending himself and consoling her. (WHY this has stuck in my memory I’ll never know!) Granted, I don’t think Beau has done anything bad to Stassi. But that scene was wholly unpleasant to watch. Plus, it dredged up that memory of one of the lamest reality shows, so there’s another strike against it.

Schwartz’s bed o’Frito Lay in the previews cracked me up. 

But Billie getting her nose out of joint about LVP perhaps not letting James DJ in *her own restaurant*? As though Billie’s Brunch gives her management/owner-level say so? Ugh.

Seeing that preview scene only convinced me that on Lisa's staffing applications there must be a question that says:

Vanderpump establishments will only hire entitled assholes. Are you an entitled asshole? Please check the appropriate box below. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Jel said:

The doctor is going to tell her not to drink alcohol when she's pregnant, too. What's she going to cut out then? Ice? 

The glass. Straight from the bottle, baby. Lala can lend her a bottle nipple, I'm sure. She can feel one with the sprog that way. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did the producers pixelate because the women (Ariana, for example) weren’t wearing underwear? Are that many women no longer wearing underwear?

I guess I am old. I like my underwear. 

Cotton underwear are like a warm cup of tea.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10