Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

That's what struck me in this game as what happened in the ACTUAL Pyramid game: the players show a complete inability to move on when it's clear to all the viewers (or listeners) that their partner is clearly not getting it. Though I'm sure I'd be the same when the pressure was on!

• Love 1

Man, the Pyramid GT had me on the edge of my seat. SO good. I love these sort of things, but it was SO tough to not scream out answers while I was on the elliptical at the gym. SO hard.

I also throughly enjoyed the MP submission but what struck me about that was that it was 32 episodes that season. That sounds ridiculous for a TV show, was that common at the time or was that a weird thing that happened to that show? A tv show can be rough work (I do PA work now, though it reality TV stuff, usually) and it must have been hard on everyone at the end of it. 

It was pretty common, but I think 90210 and Melrose Place were the last hour-long shows to have seasons that long? To compare to other Fox shows of the time, Depp's last season of 21 Jump Street had 26 episodes and The X-Files's first four seasons had 24-25 episodes each. I suspect they managed to do it for so long because each cast member was really only in a small part of each episode - it's a lot easier with so many main actors than it would have been with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

FX's now-dead The Bridge is a remake of a Swedish show? In the calm of no time pressure, I can say Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Ikea, but in the heat of the game, it's HARD.

Oh, duh. Ikea. And meatballs. But I'm still giving Jessica a break and saying that Sweden was really hard.

BiBi was "Dave, what is your stupid answer to your stupid question?" level brilliant.

I suggest baby-style bibs with food-related puns. And then the final Last Chance Kitchen could be randomly picking a new BiBi Bib and having to make a dish to suit the pun. (Bonus points if it's a Bibi Bib Bibimbap.)

• Love 2

I had a question about The Dome: Why would they agree to find a way to power the amethyst crystals, if the lack of power would bring down the dome? I figure they would all peace out and let the dome run out of power?

I had a question about The Dome: Why would they agree to find a way to power the amethyst crystals, if the lack of power would bring down the dome? I figure they would all peace out and let the dome run out of power?

Great question! If the Dome powers down, it will calcify and everyone inside it will suffocate.

Sports! I'm not embarrassed to admit, I've got the 2011 French Open and the 2013 US Open finals on my DVR.

(and yes, I do rewatch them, occasionally, not all the way through. But watching Rafa come back to win the first set over Fed was a thing of beauty. I am not a crackpot. )

I've still got the Colbert Report episode from 2013 where Daft Punk was a no-show. Every so often I just need to see Stephen dance and for some reason I can never find just the dancing segment from the show online.

• Love 1

You know, BiBi is a very private individual, so it took a while to obtain these pictures from Padma's private collection.

BiBi was such a cute kitten - !

GLgd88D.jpg

BiBi is, as one would expect, very glamorous. She developed the ability to change her eyecolor to coordinate with Padma's outfit.

WY7ex7G.jpg

tjYLJVV.jpg

... but sometimes, BiBi just won't eat your food and your ass can't win.

cgpJhNj.jpg

• Love 8

Hey, that was my topic suggestion! I feel famous. Love the ideas. I'm a Fug National, so fleshing out Anne's procedural was great. Also, Harry as the new Catfish sidekick would be amazing. I can imagine the looks on his face. He's very expressive.

Me, I'd probably put Felipe and Letizia into some kind of Moonlighting like reboot, in some coastal Spanish town where there is often a need for Felipe to go for a swim and clear his head in order to solve the case of the week.

Edited by KateeBar
  • Love 3

Surely the Prince Phillip show should be called "Horse**** one's dad says!" with HRH the Duke of Edinburgh spouting off some racist/sexist/homophobic statement and his harassed Press secretary (implausibly played by his son, Prince Edward) has to spin it. Though that does sound rather like the actual news (except for the Prince Edward part)!

• Love 1

I can't believe I remember this episode of GI:Joe! Like, I vividly remember being a little kid and watching it being super interested in figuring out just what the Viper wanted! Heee! 

I made a little bet with myself about what the Canon submission would be, and I'm pleased to report that I was 100% correct. I can't say I disagree with the decision not to add it to the Canon, but for those of us of a certain age, it is indeed a classic. So much so that I'm not even that embarrassed to finally notice how terrible it actually was.

What might've been cool is if we could have brought Stephen J. Cannell in on Arrow S3, while Greg Berlanti could maybe have done something with, say, Sonny Spoon. Cannell would keep the action going on the Emeral Archer's show, but keep lighter moments and not made the new hero come off as a stalker. (Asshat due to misunderstanding? Maybe, but I digress.)

Mr. Berlanti could have brought a bit more of Sonny's past out, I guess? I was one of the few who watched ( Mario Van Peebles!), and even if I don't have strong memories of the show, I do remember I enjoyed it. Plus Melvin Van Peebles was his dad on-screen too! Work out those father issues, Mr. B; the Van Peebles' would have had your back!

A jokey idea I posted, from Extant, S1:

Speaking of robots, another spin-off I'd like to see from this show? Ethan and Sparky- Adventures Ten Minutes Into The Future! Ethan and his rescued robot friend Sparky go around Whereverville and help kids learn about how to not be bullies, how to respect other people's property, how to deal with new people to your school or neighborhood, and more! With Charlie, the Lab Assistant showing up to dance and help Ethan and Sparky figure out how to handle a situation.

Maybe they could also have Adhu, a new half-brother join the cast and the Woods boys and sister Lucy, who's tall for her age, can talk about blending families and how it may feel like the end of the world, but it's not. Also how to deal with well-meaning grown-ups.

I've still got the Colbert Report episode from 2013 where Daft Punk was a no-show. Every so often I just need to see Stephen dance and for some reason I can never find just the dancing segment from the show online.

I loved this. It should be available on the Comedy Central site, but I wish I'd left it on my DVR!

I don't have anything I won't delete, but my boyfriend has 1 item - the episode of SpongeBob where they play a halftime show and do an amazing job. It's his pick-me-up. I'm tempted to submit it for KODTTVM, actually.

Tara, you should let Liv know she can have a mashed potato bar at her future wedding, I've been to two wedding receptions that included those!  They may not be as awesome as the baked potatoes from Medieval Times though, can't say for sure.

Edited by EllieH

Speaking of siblings, it just occurred to me that the reason Dave has such a fraught relationship with Gene Belcher might be because he is the Gene to Tara's Louise and Sarah's Tina.  

I say that as someone who likes Gene and doesn't think he's the Pierce.  I will now go sit in the corner and wait for the Banhammer.  

I literally had both hands over my face listening to John Ramos fail at the GoT clips. Aw.

Also, I have been following everyone involved's coverage of TV since TWOP in about 2004 and only just realized that John Ramos and Couch Baron are both the same awesome person. Duh.

Edited by Delwyn