Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Flagstaff Flirtation

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

When they showed the flashback of Kody telling all the (very young) kids they were fleeing Utah in 3 days, to pack their bags, and they couldn't say goodbye to friends, etc.;  how awful to do that to those children! And for what?  The Mormon church wasn't after them.  It was cheap drama for a TV show.  It seemed downright emotionally abusive.

The rill reason Kody can't go back to Utah is because the State of Utah doesn't give a shit about him. If they move back, and nothing happens to Kody (which it won't), then they have just shown that a major story line, one that has pretty much driven the show, is fake. They will also open themselves up to critique and ridicule for doing what they did to their kids, just for ratings. And Kody's ginormous ego will be bashed when he doesn't hear those sirens coming for him. They also endanger the parental/child relationships of some of the kids who were younger when the move happened, and who probably believed the bullshit that was fed to them. It's one thing to teach the kiddies how to grift. It's another for them to be victims of that grifting.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, Kellyee said:

And I can't figure out if Christine is really happy now or just on drugs. Maybe there is happiness in accepting that your husband is a huge asshole. 

They are all over each other this season. I kind of think it's sweet, but I'm a hopeless romantic.  😛

Meanwhile, Meri can barely hide her desperate desire for any scrap of affection from Kody. 

When Robyn walked into one of the houses and saw Kody after he got back from the trip with Meri, she gave him a weary smile and they hugged - it looked very much like a husband and wife who know each other well.

I can't recall the last time there was any affection shown between Kody and Janelle, but their relationship has never been presented as very physically romantic.

• Love 8

Did anyone else notice the finish peeled off the recliner chair Kootie was sitting in when telling the whole fambly about going to see Flagstaff? I was surprised they let us see that. I'm pretty sure that was in Jenelle's house.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

Did anyone else notice the finish peeled off the recliner chair Kootie was sitting in when telling the whole fambly about going to see Flagstaff? I was surprised they let us see that. I'm pretty sure that was in Jenelle's house.

It was Janelle's house and with the wear and tear they must put their furniture through, it surprises me that she chose a bonded vinyl fabric rather than a sturdy cloth upholstery.  Cowhide leather may have been out of her budget, but why pretend you have something you don't. 

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, mrs ra said:

I did not understand the rationale for the visits. The first two trips with first two wives saw a couple of possibilities,then he takes the third wife and visits an entirely new site, which she declares is the best. Then they go back home and have a meeting with all 4 wives,supposedly to make a decision. But how can they make a decision?? They all had different sets of facts. Sort of like the old story of the three blind men describing an elephant! 

It's a bunch of crock.  Kody is conning the other three wives by letting them believe that they actually have a "say" in where they are going to live.  Kody may be the leader but everyone knows Robyn is the decision maker.  What she says, goes.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

It's a bunch of crock.  Kody is conning the other three wives by letting them believe that they actually have a "say" in where they are going to live.  Kody may be the leader but everyone knows Robyn is the decision maker.  What she says, goes.  

And what plot of land she wants - she GETS - regardless that it's more $$$ and they are already having to pay more money for the houses for less square footage.    Geeze Louise.  They MOVED - why not COMPROMISE???  Let someone else choose the freaking plot of acreage.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

It was Janelle's house and with the wear and tear they must put their furniture through, it surprises me that she chose a bonded vinyl fabric rather than a sturdy cloth upholstery.  Cowhide leather may have been out of her budget, but why pretend you have something you don't. 

Haha, I noticed the same thing when I saw that chair....and thought the same thing.  You only make the mistake of buying bonded leather ONCE.  Then you learn what makes it different from genuine leather and you get very picky about your next recliner.  Bonded leather is made of real leather, it's just a very thin piece bonded to a piece of fabric.  So they can get away with calling it leather, but it always ends up peeling after only a few years.  I don't know why it's even legal to sell something like that without clarifying that it's bonded in the description, but that's the world we live in today I guess.  I had to pull the information out of salespeople to find out exactly what kind of leather a chair was made out of.  They also can sometimes make only the "seating surfaces" out of leather and the rest is vinyl but not make that clear in the description.  Had to pull that out of them too.  Don't get me started!

• Useful 6
  • Love 6

Petty snark, but did anyone notice Mariah’s outfit at the cake tasting?? Everyone was in coats and long sleeves and she shows up in a tank top (to show off that tattoo?) and those ridiculous over-ripped jeans. Ugh

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, impatien said:

Petty snark, but did anyone notice Mariah’s outfit at the cake tasting?? Everyone was in coats and long sleeves and she shows up in a tank top (to show off that tattoo?) and those ridiculous over-ripped jeans. Ugh

And the obligatory hat.  Why was she chosen, above the other siblings?  And where was Sludge?

• Love 2
(edited)

Wasn't Christine also committing food-stamp and possibly welfare fraud?  That is a good reason for the Big Bad Governments of several states to want to be rid of them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, and if she left, how would that reflect on Kody's leadership abilities? lol

And what kind of ceremony would she need to sever the spiritual marriage that is sealed for eternity?  Or can't Meri get away from her detested sisterwives for eternity?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And what kind of ceremony would she need to sever the spiritual marriage that is sealed for eternity?  Or can't Meri get away from her detested sisterwives for eternity?

I'm not a member of their church, but, it's my understanding that they may be "unsealed" or "cancelled."  This is of the spiritual marriage.  I guess once you do that, your relationship to the other sister wives is cancelled too. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

As obnoxious as I think Kody is now days, I still have a little sympathy for him when it comes to his hair loss.  This is a huge issue for him. You can tell from the way he and the wives have always talked about it.  I think it means the world to him. Sort of like his identity. 

Compare him to someone who is bald due to chemotherapy and then we'll talk.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Before Robyn,  Christine was the favorite but Meri at least had "married first wife" status. And Mariah was still in need of fathering. Janelle was really just an afterthought and her kids didn't seem to require much time from Kody. Logan filled the role. 

After Robyn, Christine struggled with not being the favorite. But she is now content to be second favorite. She's only sharing him with Robyn after all. That's why Christine is so happy, happy now. He still shows her  the affection she craves. Janelle seems perfectly content to just be a good friend and sound board for Kody.  She's not even trying for his romantic attention.

Meri not only lost "married first wife" status but is now a complete afterthought. Mariah is gone. Why role does Meri serve in the family? none.  Meri's relationship was doomed the moment Kody told her "no" to the idea of having more kids. Yet then proceeded to have more with Robyn. Slap in the face! 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Meri not only lost "married first wife" status but is now a complete afterthought. Mariah is gone. Why role does Meri serve in the family? none.  Meri's relationship was doomed the moment Kody told her "no" to the idea of having more kids. Yet then proceeded to have more with Robyn. Slap in the face! 

Not to mention Kody and Robyn cooking up some stupid reason that she needed to divorce him so that Robyn could become the legal wife. (Although little kids and taxes makes sense!)  Then Robyn HAS to go see them get divorced with her own eyes (and smirks) while Meri's heart looks broken and Kody doesn't give a rat's butt HOW she feels.  Kody marries Robyn and proceeds to ignore Meri because  - poke her with a fork- Kody is SO done with her.     

Meri's lucky over Christine and Janelle in one way though.  Kody knows the name of HER child.  But only because she's gay and stands out from the crowd.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Wasn't Christine also committing food-stamp and possibly welfare fraud? 

It appeared she was in the footage shown but the State of Utah did complete an investigation into the family and closed it with no prosecution. I need to go back and read the findings to see if they found violations but didn't prosecute, or they found no violations.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, JDAlexander said:

I am ashamed to admit that I have researched this--apparently, I have no life and I am a very pathetic creature, but here goes......According to Zillow, Robyn's house in LV is the only one that has sold.  Christine's is the most expensive at $614,000 and has been on the market for 237 days.  Janelle's has been for sale for 147 days and has been reduced to $599,900 and Meri's house has only been on the market for 47 days and, even with the much coveted wet bar, is the same price as Janelle's.  Someone put some dollars into those houses in fresh paint and landscaping.  Now, to further confirm how pathetic I am, I can also report that the Brown's bought land in Coyote Pass in June 2018--one parcel is in the names of Kody, Janelle and Meri at $180,000.  Another parcel is in the names of Kody, Robyn and Christine at $300,000, another parcel of land in the names of Kody and Robyn at $170,000, another in Kody and Janelle's names at $170,000 and most surprising of all, a house (3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2400 sq ft) in Kody and Christine's names, bought for $520,000 in Sept. 2018. 

Now, the dateline makes me wonder why Janelle couldn't just stay in her home while it was for sale (btw, she left the horse stampede wall-hanging above the fireplace) and let her son finish school.  Is this his senior year?  I'm not sure--the filming was done (according to Christine's TH) 6 months after the LV shooting, which would make it April 2018.  If he was a sophomore then, he would be a jr. now.  But if he was a jr. then, he would be a senior now.  Why am I putting so much time and thought in this family???????  I AM NOT A STALKER!  lol

My thought was look how long it took them to build the homes in Vegas.  Logan graduated 6 months after they finally moved in.  Janelle could have stayed in Vegas until Gabe graduated.  Because they have to sell first, then get enough money to start on the new homes.  I don't see them starting on the new ones, until all four homes sell.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, llewis823 said:

I couldn't help but wonder what these people do to their furniture to make them look like that. Mykelti and what's his face have a chair with the same issue!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I couldn't help but wonder what these people do to their furniture to make them look like that. Mykelti and girly fish whisker face have a chair with the same issue!

good point!

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My thought was look how long it took them to build the homes in Vegas.  Logan graduated 6 months after they finally moved in.  Janelle could have stayed in Vegas until Gabe graduated.  Because they have to sell first, then get enough money to start on the new homes.  I don't see them starting on the new ones, until all four homes sell.

I think Meri said in her talking head that she didn’t foresee them being in the new homes for about 2 years (from the time of filming)—so yes, Janelle could’ve stayed with Gabe in LV until the house sold and commuted on the weekends to Flagstaff if need be. Gabe is 18 in his senior year, so why couldn’t they have rented a small apartment for him?

My point  is, I’m sure something could have been worked out for Gabe.

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Gabe is 18 in his senior year, so why couldn’t they have rented a small apartment for him?

He's actually only a junior, so it would have been 2 years they needed to cover.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

He's actually only a junior, so it would have been 2 years they needed to cover.

Gabe, Gwen & Aurora were sophomores during Kodoofus' presentation 2 years ago, when Gabe had already gotten his 2nd-in-charge spot on the (2018-19) junior-year wrestling team.  Hopefully he will do well in Flagstaff.   When Janelle was talking about how they moved every year for the first ~18 years, it got me thinking that in addition to avoiding financial responsibilities, Kody wants to keep moving the wives and kids so they never make lasting friends who might help them see reality, and he is the only constant in their lives.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Yes, I meant that when he becomes a senior—I wasn’t clear.

So Kody’s name is on every property and Robyn, christine and Jenelle have their names on two properties but Meri only has her name on one property and Janelle is on that one too. Seems kody is the one making out here. I wonder if Meri couldn’t get a loan because of the two other properties if this is her punishment. She will now live in a property co-owned by her nemesis Janelle.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

So Kody’s name is on every property and Robyn, christine and Jenelle have their names on two properties but Meri only has her name on one property and Janelle is on that one too. Seems kody is the one making out here. I wonder if Meri couldn’t get a loan because of the two other properties if this is her punishment. She will now live in a property co-owned by her nemesis Janelle.

Lending institutions can only lend so much money, and your debt is taken into consideration.  Meri just recently bought that B&B ON HER OWN  (Did I mention ON HER OWN? Cuz people might not know that!)  lol  and I'm shocked that her name is on any of the new properties at all!    

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Also, a little confused, did they buy 4 parcels of land and a house on a separate property- ?

Yes, 4 separate plots of land next to each other and then Christine and Kody also bought a house that is about a mile away.  That is the house Christine and her girls are living in - all the others are renting.  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Yes, 4 separate plots of land next to each other and then Christine and Kody also bought a house that is about a mile away.  That is the house Christine and her girls are living in - all the others are renting.  

Thanks, so they don't plan on building a new cult de sac ? Or do they plan on selling that house when their other house is built ?  Sorry, I am just curious and I know you are not Brown mind readers.. lol

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Thanks, so they don't plan on building a new cult de sac ? Or do they plan on selling that house when their other house is built ?  Sorry, I am just curious and I know you are not Brown mind readers.. lol

When they get the new cult de sac built, they'll have the fifth house available for a married child to move into, I guess. Most likely for one of Robyn's stage five clingers. Janelle, Christine and Meri's kids seem to be beating down the door to get away from their father (or in Mariah's case, mother). I think the only reason that Maddie and Caleb came back to LV, was Caleb's health problems. They needed temporary family support with the new baby and an unemployed husband. Now that he's working again, they're on the opposite coast. Logan is in LV, Mykelti is in Utah, Mariah in Chicago. Hunter and Garrison both in the military. Where does Aspyn live now? Did she follow the cult to Flagstaff? 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

Now, the dateline makes me wonder why Janelle couldn't just stay in her home while it was for sale

Why? did you not see all the trees? with all of those trees, who wouldn't uproot the whole family for all of those beautiful trees?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Lending institutions can only lend so much money, and your debt is taken into consideration.  Meri just recently bought that B&B ON HER OWN  (Did I mention ON HER OWN? Cuz people might not know that!)  lol  and I'm shocked that her name is on any of the new properties at all!    

It just blows my mind, even with alllllll their tlc money, they can afford to carry 4 (3 now) houses in LV, house rentals in Flagstaff, plus did they buy Robin a temporary house (???) PLUS the land PLUS the new builds. Who. The. Fuck. Is. Giving. Them. All. These. Loans??? And how the hell can they even afford the LV house mortgages and their current rentals alone?? Kody was just talking about a failed business venture with their “ business partner” being one of the reasons they couldn’t help Meri with the B&B loan (even if that whole scene was bs). This would be ridiculous for any other tlc family but especially one that “needs” 4 flipping houses!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

Why? did you not see all the trees? with all of those trees, who wouldn't uproot the whole family for all of those beautiful trees?

Am I disremembering this, or didn't they plant a tree during their stupid commitment ceremony?

These idiots have to think they're so much sharper than their watchers.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Am I disremembering this, or didn't they plant a tree during their stupid commitment ceremony?

These idiots have to think they're so much sharper than their watchers.

I think they planted a time capsule under the old commitment tree also.  I wonder if anyone will remember to unearth it.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

It just blows my mind, even with alllllll their tlc money, they can afford to carry 4 (3 now) houses in LV, house rentals in Flagstaff, plus did they buy Robin a temporary house (???) PLUS the land PLUS the new builds. Who. The. Fuck. Is. Giving. Them. All. These. Loans??? And how the hell can they even afford the LV house mortgages and their current rentals alone?? Kody was just talking about a failed business venture with their “ business partner” being one of the reasons they couldn’t help Meri with the B&B loan (even if that whole scene was bs). This would be ridiculous for any other tlc family but especially one that “needs” 4 flipping houses!

The fact that they've gotten multiple mortgages since they moved to Flagstaff (at least 2 or 4 on the land, and one for Christine's new house) makes me think the move from Las Vegas was not due to them being unable to refinance their balloon mortgages.  If they could get approved to borrow at least $600,000 for the land and $390,000 for Christine's house they easily could have refinance their interest only loans to 30 year fixed mortgages in Las Vegas.  They had almost 80% equity in the Las Vegas house (owed $447K on houses worth $600K).  Kody's theory of cashing out the equity and going to a market that isn't as oversold was probably the real driving factor - they just didn't time it right with how long it is taking to sell while paying for rentals.......

• Love 4

🙋‍♀️If they never has any intention of staying in Vegas and want to find the right place to plant their roots, then what the &%$# was with the tree planting at their "commitment ceremony" when they first moved to Vegas?????  Didn't they say it was symbolic of planting their roots???  🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder if anyone will remember to unearth it.

I'm sure the new owners will be thrilled to see the contents.  Maybe donate them to the Smithsonian.

Not.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 3/4/2019 at 11:54 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I got so ticked off with the parents ignoring their minor children's needs last night that I forgot to comment on Aspyn.  So, are the producers trying to paint this lovely young lady as some kind of a clone of Christine or just a naive, clueless girl?  They describe her as being in love with this dynamo man, since she was a child. Then, they show us how she can't dance, but, her fiance is so good at it. She knows knowing about music, but, her fiance of course, knows the songs played on the bagpipe, She doesn't know how to answer a lot of questions, so she looks up at her fiance.  ???? What is going on here?  Didn't she used to be a lot more outspoken and opinionated that this?  It makes me uncomfortable.  

Ah yes, the headship gaze.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, say whaaaaa said:

🙋‍♀️If they never has any intention of staying in Vegas and want to find the right place to plant their roots, then what the &%$# was with the tree planting at their "commitment ceremony" when they first moved to Vegas?????  Didn't they say it was symbolic of planting their roots???  🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

And the concrete slab where they put their handprints and names?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

And the concrete slab where they put their handprints and names?

I'm surprised that's not in the real estate listing.  Huge selling point.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2