Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Flagstaff Flirtation

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Props to the person writing the episode descriptions this season.

Kody is not blocked from moving to Utah. Why won't anyone in the family point out the largest population of plygs live in Utah and they aren't all in jail. Not even the horrifying, incestuous and wife/child abusing Kingstons. Utah isn't going to put Kody in jail just for flapping his gums and tossing his hair. 

Yep, Kody FINALLY takes Meri to Flagstaff. Like he cares what she has to say.

If multiple children are having meltdowns about moving, that should be a sign they shouldn't move.

Does Janelle get a turn?  Or is she the only wife left out of this rotation?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Does Janelle get a turn?  Or is she the only wife left out of this rotation?

He probably doesn't have to give her a turn.  Janelle heard POND,  and was giddy with glee about the prospect of fishing in a drainage ditch.  Never mind that the Dept. of Environment may have a different view about the Brown's plans to line with plastic and toss some fingerling trout in their water feature.

Pond was also the magic word that caused Janelle to re-think her initial mama bear mode regarding Gabe.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

In the preview for this episode Gabe says to Janelle "Do as the slave driver says" in reference to the move.  It doesn't sound like he has a good relationship with Kody lol.  

Seems to me that the sons Kootie has with Janelle, have had their issues with his (Kootie's) autocratic behavior (not including Logan.)  Hunter, Garrison and Gabriel don't seem to have much respect for him.

King Sol and Day-un are the ones Kootie favors.  How nice for them.

• Love 18
(edited)

What happened to Kody's hair? He looks grosser than usual the last couple episodes! When it was blowing in the wind i couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous he looked.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Tech question and sorry if this is the wrong place: but why does this thread say S10 but my TV info say S13?

Edited by MJS
  • Love 1

This planning to move I really didn't appreciate Cody

manipulated all his wives to get his moving to be totally

his way. I use to really enjoy sister wives but Cody seems

to have changed into being self centered. Denise Hadley

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling that as soon as he can, Gabe is going to take off.  Just like his older brothers.

Which is just like fundamental polygs.  In the huge compounds, think Jeffs, they are literally tossed out.

4 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Talk about Lost Boys.

That is exactly what polyg sons are called.  They are dumped in town and told not to come back.  Hmmmmmm.

• Love 8

Please someone tell me how these people qualify for a mortgage. Especially for such large amounts. Do any of them have a job other than selling LuLa  Roe and the TLC gig?  So Mary has 2 mortgages one for her home and one for her B&B and now thinking about a 3rd. one.  TLC must be paying tons of money to these jokers. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This made me furious.  Janelle meets with her kids and tells them about the move.  Maddie is (at the time) living in Vegas.  So is Garrison because he's got a job and a life there.  Meanwhile, Gabe has to sit there and listen to his mother proclaim that she wants a shot at raising him (whatever, Janelle) - and he also sees that his brother and sister will be staying behind.  Then Janelle mopes about Axel and how she won't be able to see him whenever she wants, but the drive between Flagstaff and Vegas is "only four hours."  So why can't Gabe stay behind with his sister and see his mother on her many, many visits to Vegas?  These stupid, moronic adults uproot their kids, causing drastic emotional upheaval.  The kids then manage to flourish despite their parents' best efforts - and THEN they uproot them yet again because they can't figure out how to pay their mortgages.  As much as I loathe Robyn and Meri, I think Janelle has won the top spot for Wife I Hate the Most.  She is spineless.  She's taking a drainage ditch full of pretend fish over her son's future.  If I'm Gabe, I'd be like - I'd better see you out there fishing every damn day that we're in Flagstaff, mom.

/rant

Well, Maddie ended up moving to North Carolina so that would have been another disruption for Gabe

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Well, Maddie ended up moving to North Carolina so that would have been another disruption for Gabe

Maybe Maddie wouldn't have moved if she had Gabe to watch.  Also, if the Browns had stayed in Las Vegas I doubt Caleb would have taken a job in NC.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This made me furious.  Janelle meets with her kids and tells them about the move.  Maddie is (at the time) living in Vegas.  So is Garrison because he's got a job and a life there.  Meanwhile, Gabe has to sit there and listen to his mother proclaim that she wants a shot at raising him (whatever, Janelle) - and he also sees that his brother and sister will be staying behind.  Then Janelle mopes about Axel and how she won't be able to see him whenever she wants, but the drive between Flagstaff and Vegas is "only four hours."  So why can't Gabe stay behind with his sister and see his mother on her many, many visits to Vegas?  These stupid, moronic adults uproot their kids, causing drastic emotional upheaval.  The kids then manage to flourish despite their parents' best efforts - and THEN they uproot them yet again because they can't figure out how to pay their mortgages.  As much as I loathe Robyn and Meri, I think Janelle has won the top spot for Wife I Hate the Most.  She is spineless.  She's taking a drainage ditch full of pretend fish over her son's future.  If I'm Gabe, I'd be like - I'd better see you out there fishing every damn day that we're in Flagstaff, mom.

/rant

She is. Even her "Strive" posts seem like they come from a a jelly-like invertebrate who can't commit to a strong comment. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 14

And seriously? Its not like there are no outdoor activities to enjoy in the Las Vegas area. Jenelle is full of shit and I feel terrible for Gabe. He's popular and has a lot of friends, maybe he could stay with a friend's family? I took in  several of my son's friends at various times. Most of them were a little older but one was a junior in high school whose home life was pretty chaotic at one point, she lived with us for almost a year until things settled down and she could move back home. 

• Love 22
10 hours ago, 65mickey said:

At the family meeting when Robyn announced that Dayton had been accepted to the University of Northern Arizona I wanted so badly for Gabe or anyone  to say oh that's why we are moving to Arizona. None of them saw a connection? 

I think they all already knew but were told not to discuss it on camera.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, toodles said:

I'm surprised that FT and Mykelti missed the cake tasting.  Because FREE CAKE!!!

TLC said they couldn't come.  The last time they came where there was food they started grabbing everything and stuffing the food into their mouths in a frenzy, tipping over the table and chairs and spilling water - china was flying everywhere!  It wasn't a pretty sight!

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, MollyBrown said:

Kody needs to stop using the word yummy to describe things.   Every time he says it, I throw upon my mouth a bit.  Him saying yummy, then giggling is too much to ask us innocent viewers to partake in. Too much. 

Yea that was weird.  How about just say it's exciting Kody!

57 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Maybe Maddie wouldn't have moved if she had Gabe to watch.  Also, if the Browns had stayed in Las Vegas I doubt Caleb would have taken a job in NC.

But why does Maddie need to have that pressure of being responsible for her brother? 

I just don't think the Browns have any idea how important major high school accomplishments are.  Did any of them go to college? But then on the other side... no kid is going to be super excited about moving... if Gabe was 'pretty much friends with the entire school" as he put it, then he should have no problem transitioning. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I think they all already knew but were told not to discuss it on camera.

I think so, too.  

Running away from the mortgages and debts isn't particularly admirable and putting the entire lot of kids into upheaval for one child also is pretty questionable.  

I think Kody the Plyg Prick decided they needed to pretend it was for some altruistic reason, for the benefit of all of them, damn what the children thought, and created this fuck-and-awe story line we currently see unfolding.  

I agree with posters who say it's all about what Robyn wants.  I honestly think her wants and needs are the only things with which Kody is concerned.  They needed to get out from under those mortgages and Robyn wanted to move to Arizona for her kid, so that's what happened.  

• Love 23

Robyn said on twitter that Dayton was planning on going to UNLV but in the "nick of time" applied and got accepted to Flagstaff after the family had already decided that was the place. 

Timeline doesn't add up at all.

Producers put in the cake lying as a hint to us viewers. She's lying!

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

Way to be empathetic Janelle. What happened to fired up Janelle from the presentation?  ""I'm NOT moving Gabe"" and all of that??  Now she sits and does her side eye/eye roll mentioning about how "high school is nothing".  Well. I would think to a settled, academically successful with a wide group of friends and success in sports child it just might be a teensey weensey bit important.  ""OH...you play games with them on the weekends...""  So. No issues there darlin.

Sorry producers...we deserve that talking head with Janelle explaining herself.  Now SHE is the sulking teenager dark cloud in the corner "whatever, just pick a damn property and get it the hell over with" attitude. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Way to be empathetic Janelle. What happened to fired up Janelle from the presentation?  ""I'm NOT moving Gabe"" and all of that??  Now she sits and does her side eye/eye roll mentioning about how "high school is nothing".  Well. I would think to a settled, academically successful with a wide group of friends and success in sports child it just might be a teensey weensey bit important.  ""OH...you play games with them on the weekends...""  So. No issues there darlin.

Sorry producers...we deserve that talking head with Janelle explaining herself.  Now SHE is the sulking teenager dark cloud in the corner "whatever, just pick a damn property and get it the hell over with" attitude. 

Yeah - whole think is a crock.   I think Kody and Robyn said something to the tune of "We have to stay together for TLC and we need the income, so you ARE moving to Flagstaff".   If I am honest it probably didn't happen that way ... but let's face it - Janelle is SOOO not high up on the totem pole.  She is not going to go off and support herself, she "needs the man", and ROBYN needs to move.  End of story for Janelle.

• Love 12
(edited)

OMG....I was joking the other week when I posted about Meri wanting to get tossed a bone, but, hey......I think something must have gone on in that hotel room.  Hmm......Meri was way too chipper, imo. It was sort of sad though.  All that begging for affection.  I was embarrassed for Meri.  She practically begged to hold on to Kody's arm as they walked on the property.  And, Kody would have none of it.  He didn't really seem to mind keeping her at a distance. I mean, he's civil to her, but, IDK.....Something happened to lift her mood.  I don't think she got him drunk.  lol

This seems to be the season that people are letting down their guard. Kody is really showing his contempt for his wives.  He just seems very annoyed with them.  Like this really is too much trouble for him.  I've defended him in the past, but, he really is offensive.  He was right about falling down the stupid tree.  He makes no sense.  I think he may have damaged some relationships in ways that will last for many years.  AND,

I now agree about this idea that Dayton's college being right there in Flagstaff is a little too convenient.  If the family really agreed that Dayton's education there and the ENTIRE family moving there was more important that the other kids' high school experiences, they should have just said so. This charade is preposterous.  Gabe makes more sense than Kody, his mom and the other sister wives all together. I hope things have settled down and worked out, because if not, I hope ALL those adults feel like a piece .................

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 18