Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Flagstaff Flirtation

• Start Topic

On 3/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, Owwwww ma leg said:

How, with all their bankruptcies and other dodgy deals did they ever get loans. What could their credit scores be? It does not pass the sniff test!

It doesn't pass the sniff test for sure.  We have a friend who during the recession and housing bust (yes that far back) had troubles on a short sale and then was foreclosed on his home.  He is a lawyer and does make good money.  He had trouble securing rentals to live in having to put alot of cash down after that.  He paid all his credit card bills on time, never filed for bankruptcy but because of the mortgage failure Amex cancelled him for too much risk. He had to rebuild his credit one step at a time. it has taken him UNTIL NOW to be able to secure a loan to buy a house.  So, how does this family do it with 3 homes unsold in Vegas?  TLC something jenky.  Of course TLC is alot of money.... they aren't really living like real people even though they act like it.  They would have to sell all those home before they bought if they were normal people.  We had to wait 6 years to leave our city because the market tanked and we had to wait for it to come back and still lost $50,000 in it.  Normal people who are moving for financial reasons move to less expensive areas and buy smaller more reasonable homes.  I have no idea, but maybe they are defaulting or short sales on those properties in NV?

• Love 3
On 3/5/2019 at 7:25 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not a member of their church, but, it's my understanding that they may be "unsealed" or "cancelled."  This is of the spiritual marriage.  I guess once you do that, your relationship to the other sister wives is cancelled too. 

I don't know that you would do this if you had kids.  I would not anyways, it is one thing to be divorced but another thing to deny that bond and product of that bond in your church. I'm not from their religion though so maybe it is seen differently.  I mean, unless he was really horrible (like wife abuser or something)

Yeah, I suppose that you would need to get unsealed though, if you were to remarry and get sealed to a new spouse.  Yes, I realize that Osmonds are LDS members and not members of AUB like Browns, but, their philosophy on spiritual marriages, sealing, marriage for eternity, etc.  is the same, based on what I have read.  Marie was married to her first husband Steven Craig, had one child.  Divorced, then married second husband. So, she was unsealed from Craig.  Later, she divorced second husband and REMARRIED Craig many years later and also SEALED to him again.  lol  I think that you are bound to that spouse for eternity if you don't get unsealed, regardless of what the legal marriage says.  This article describes Marie and Stephen marrying in the SEALING room in Salt Lake City.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/705372424/Mormons--Media-Marie-Osmonds-wedding-day.html

• Useful 3