Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Oh Lordy, the bird made me spit my lemonade. The bird nest hair color doesn't even match.

Did they put Sunny's hair in front of an electrical fan?

Edited by ari333
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Why did the day Ana’s on have to be interrupted of all days? Ugh. Looks like they threw on the Real Housewives trash to soothe the Princess’ ego while Ana’s in the building otherwise she might burn the place down.

Poor Highmore. That interview was a hot mess, mostly because McCain went berserk when Highmore said he was Team Meghan. They had to clarify for her that he meant Meghan Markle. Pathetic.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

I'll be one of the few that actually liked MM's hair.  She's youngish and I thought it was cute.   I'm not a fan of the shade of blond she chooses to keep her hair.  Looks cheap.  Now Sunny, who's hair I often love, was not cute today.  She is not youngish and needs to stay away from youngish I Dream of Jeanie Styles.  

Now I really didn't like her interrupting Sunny's point with a totally unrelated argument.  Glad Sunny ignored MM and finished her point.      Also had to tee hee at her asking William Hurd a very leading question about border security being a natural emergency    Since he's a Republican she thought he'd take her bait and agree with her,   But when he gave a very nuanced answer regarding using different methods for border security depending on what's needed at that particular part of the border, she looked disappointed.  

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

The compilation of Meghan's looks that one of our posters compiled shows that sometimes (rarely) her hair looks really nice. I don't understand the need to have a different hairstyle every day. Do people do this? Maybe it is because I am old now, but I struggle to find one flattering hairstyle. When they pile her hair up on her head, it is not flattering. I think she looks best with it down with a little curl in it.    I can't even look at her without laughing. I don't know how the rest of the panelists are keeping it together. Her hair looks like a poorly placed hat. Somebody had to have won a bet for doing this to her.

Where are her ride or die friends or mother or husband to say NO. 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

WTF?

BWAHAHAHAHA

20190215_120507.jpg

This woman has no idea who she is. No identity of her own. All-over-the-map "Style" proves it. 

Her head looks like one of those ice cream cones you see spinning around in one of those 50's type ice cream parlors. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I don't understand the need to have a different hairstyle every day. Do people do this?

Barbara didn't.  Joy doesn't.  Whoopie doesn't.  Perhaps only the ladies who consider themselves beautiful in full hair and makeup ~ who've been told all their lives that they're beautiful (inside) ~ who deep down inside know they're NOT beautiful...need the glamor of a different hairstyle every day.  I'm too lazy.  OR...I'm SO BEAUTIFUL I don't bother with such folderol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

And yet MM adores Erika Jayne. sigh

Knows all the words to her songs too.

Maybe she thinks "Pat the puss," means pet the little kitty cat.   

Edited by HaaCHOO
My GIF didn't work.
  • Love 3

It's interesting that MM cites her religious beliefs for her strong pro-life stance, but is so vocal when it comes to LBGT issues.  During the conversation about North West and her kiddie date, she just had to talk over and try to correct Anna (even though the were saying the same thing) about making hetero-normative (her word of the day) assumptions about kids.  I'm glad she's pro LBGT, but I wish she was just as vocal in showing compassion towards other groups of people.  

• Love 15

"meghanmccain

There are many perks to this job - but having hair genius @derickmonroe get me ready every morning is a big one. Obsessed with my braided updo this morning! "

hair genius @derickmonroe?? 

Gosh, if she calls him a "hair genius" I hate to think who she calls a hair ignorant.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

Wow!  First on a shallow note - What is going on with MM's hair?  The front braid color doesn't even match the rest of her dyed hair and that "style" doesn't  do the rest of her head any favors.  Although, her make-up looks nice.

When they were speaking about the Kardashian kid who is 5 years old - How did that evolve into MM talking about the child being trans, bi, or gay?  She said that she asks little kids if they have crush not a crush on boy/girl.  What?  Everyone just was talking about whether it was appropriate with the gifts, nicknames, arms around each other (like teens, IMO). 

I really enjoyed the segment with Congressman (?) Hurd.  He was articulate, calm, and thoughtful in what he said.  I also agree with what he said (but full disclosure - I think the "Wall" is not good fiscal idea).  Especially when he said that border security should be a variety of tools not just one simple tool.  I think that MM really thought he was going to jump onto her "bandwagon" and seemed to be surprised by his answer that included so many options.

I thought Freddie Highmore was adorable 🙂

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, After7Only said:

It's interesting that MM cites her religious beliefs for her strong pro-life stance, but is so vocal when it comes to LBGT issues.  During the conversation about North West and her kiddie date, she just had to talk over and try to correct Anna (even though the were saying the same thing) about making hetero-normative (her word of the day) assumptions about kids.  I'm glad she's pro LBGT, but I wish she was just as vocal in showing compassion towards other groups of people.  

I have never really believed Megan when she says that she is pro LGBT.  It always seemed like a schtick for her to seem cool and to differentiate herself from others. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, falltime said:

What...in...the...bluedilly....FUCK?!  Derick Monroe?  You sir ought to be fired, and immediately!  Sunny looking like an old woman trying to be 'with it' and Meghan?  There are no words.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have never really believed Megan when she says that she is pro LGBT.  It always seemed like a schtick for her to seem cool and to differentiate herself from others. 

I think I agree with this 🙂   But is she trying to be different from the rest of the panel (or so she thinks because I don't think I've heard any of the other ladies say anything that is anti-LGBT) OR from other Republican "political analysts"?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, pinguina said:

I think I agree with this 🙂   But is she trying to be different from the rest of the panel (or so she thinks because I don't think I've heard any of the other ladies say anything that is anti-LGBT) OR from other Republican "political analysts"?

I think it has to do with her party. Her schtick in the past was making conservatism mainstream and cool for younger people who are more open minded about certain topics.

• Love 8

Meghan's hairstyle looks like a Kelly Osbourne look gone wrong. I'm all for edgy and different but for one thing, the style itself is not good because there's no natural flow to it. It looks like someone haphazardly threw a braided fake hair piece on top of her head. Also, the hairstyle really does not go with the outfit. If it has any chance of looking good, it needs to vibe with the rest of the look. Her hair looks like he's trying to be part of a punk rock band while her outfit looks matrimonially. Don't even bother with that hair if it doesn't involve some kind of leather, black, etc. But aside from the attire, Megan does not have the attitude to really pull this off and in fairness, most people don't. There are some people who can pull off a look that I think 'that somehow works' but on anyone else, I would think the look is unequivocally ugly.  Put that hairstyle on Kelly Osbourne or Jada Pinkett-Smith or a Ruby Rose and my reaction may be different. Put it on any of those women on the panel I would likely still think it's pretty ugly and seems like a desperate attempt at being edgy and individual.

Sunny's hairstyle was much less offensive but based on the picture in this thread, I didn't like the look on her at all.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

What...in...the...bluedilly....FUCK?!  Derick Monroe?  You sir ought to be fired, and immediately!

I have to respectfully disagree. I think he should be given a raise ,  just for all the laughs he set us up for today .

Keep up the good work Derick .

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't believe her for a second either. I still remember a show last year when she used the beheadings of gay people in another country to prop up the anti-gay agenda in power in this country, as if "at least they aren't killing gay people here" is some kind of defense. Everything about her is fake, imo.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

1 hour ago, pinguina said:

I have never bought her being an ally of the LGBTQ community simply because her tribe does so much to hurt that community.

10 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Hair genius Derick Monroe REALLY HATES Meghan.

We should send him flowers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Meghan made her point during the Amazon conversation and then interrupted everyone else. Maybe this is why they let her end the conversations, because that way she'll remain silent and let everyone else have their piece before she starts interrupting people.

When I heard about the Amazon topic, I thought it was sad that all of those jobs were missing and I'm glad Sunny brought up that these were all (or most) high level job, which is fine but also sad because like Sunny said there are local people who are on food stamps and they won't be getting those jobs. If Amazon is right beside a housing project like that, then rent prices will go up along with everything else around the building so those people will be struggling to find a place to live.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

TfBq9po.png

I'm in the minority, because I liked her hair, but this picture is way too funny.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 4

Meghan's hair was very...um... creative... yeah, that's the word :)

I live in Chicago, and don't have a huge issue with gentrification.  With that said, I do think it has to be controlled.. but not stopped.  I guess I'm more for urban renewal than gentrification or stagnation.  Ocasio-cortez is too extreme and would be served learning to combine her passions with fact/logic.

Sunny seems like she'd be a cool person to be friends with, but girl would exhausting to be married to... same with Meghan.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Meghan's hair was very...um... creative... yeah, that's the word 🙂

I live in Chicago, and don't have a huge issue with gentrification.  With that said, I do think it has to be controlled.. but not stopped.  I guess I'm more for urban renewal than gentrification or stagnation.  Ocasio-cortez is too extreme and would be served learning to combine her passions with fact/logic.

Sunny seems like she'd be a cool person to be friends with, but girl would exhausting to be married to... same with Meghan.

Why is AOC being blamed for this Amazon kerfuffle?  The obsession with AOC is really annoying.  Google and Apple are doing great things in New York without getting $3 billion.  I don't trust Amazon. Look at what happened to Seattle after they went there.. Amazon could have negotiated with the local politicians and try to reach an agreement that would be mutually beneficial.  Amazon could have offered to help with the crumbling subway system in New York, nope, they just wanted to suck the city dry. Plus, the alleged 20,000 jobs was supposed to be over a decade.  Too many companies are getting corporate welfare and then turning around, by reneging on their promise to create jobs for the people.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan's hairstyle looks like a Kelly Osbourne look gone wrong. I'm all for edgy and different but for one thing, the style itself is not good because there's no natural flow to it. It looks like someone haphazardly threw a braided fake hair piece on top of her head. Also, the hairstyle really does not go with the outfit. If it has any chance of looking good, it needs to vibe with the rest of the look. Her hair looks like he's trying to be part of a punk rock band while her outfit looks matrimonially. Don't even bother with that hair if it doesn't involve some kind of leather, black, etc. But aside from the attire, Megan does not have the attitude to really pull this off and in fairness, most people don't. There are some people who can pull off a look that I think 'that somehow works' but on anyone else, I would think the look is unequivocally ugly.  Put that hairstyle on Kelly Osbourne or Jada Pinkett-Smith or a Ruby Rose and my reaction may be different. Put it on any of those women on the panel I would likely still think it's pretty ugly and seems like a desperate attempt at being edgy and individual.

Sunny's hairstyle was much less offensive but based on the picture in this thread, I didn't like the look on her at all.

That hairstyle is not good but even worse as mentioned with that outfit.  IF you are wearing that 'do, it would work better with a masculine black suit.  Just my 2 cents.  Sunny looks terrible as well.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That hairstyle is not good but even worse as mentioned with that outfit.  IF you are wearing that 'do, it would work better with a masculine black suit.  Just my 2 cents.  Sunny looks terrible as well.

The suit with the front bun? Very Janelle Monae?  I love her!!!

• Love 3

Freddie Highmore was a delight.  When asked about the contradictory roles going from Bate Motel to The Good Doctor, his comment about  having to save lives to make up for all the people I killed  - that cracked me up! 

I wish they had let him talk more, instead of The VIew's version of an interview, where you read a list of someone's accomplishments to them.  I hated when Sherri and Elizabeth did it, I hate it now.  They need to learn how to interview someone, letting the GUEST do most of the talking.  

• Love 15
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

Meghan had positive points and she had me until she cut off Anna and corrected her. Anna was simply adding to the topic that some parents are raising their children without conforming to specific gender identity and started to use Kate Hudson as an example. Meghan is so rude - doesn’t listen - needs to start doing so, but probably too late. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sunny seems like she'd be a cool person to be friends with, but girl would exhausting to be married to

Not CLOSE friends...that would be exhausting.  She IS the Queen Bee and would need to be revered at all times.  IMHO

• Love 7