Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Abby was using Trump's tricks of deflection and distortion.

HaHA!   And she's not smart enough to know that's what she's doing.   Let's give her credit though...it will look good on a resume`.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

To quote Meghan , " If there's a bitch who can do this job better than I can , I don't deserve to be sitting here , then bring her in. "

Oh, I missed that.

When did she say this??

Thank you, falltime.  Omfg!  Talk about having NO self-awareness!!  She clearly does not read her bad press.  And she has clearly NEVER been here.  This is just example #67 of her narcissism.  The fact that she can say that in all seriousness. 

A potted plant would do her job better.  Or cactus.

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 7
  • Love 13
29 minutes ago, longobongo said:

Meghan has a lot of gall saying no one helped her get to where she is today in her "career".  Seriously?

Think she's creating a stand-up comedy act and this is her opening line?

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Abby was using Trump's tricks of deflection and distortion. The Senate committee found no direct evidence of collusion (so far), but as Sunny pointed out, this doesn't exonerate Trump or the campaign. Direct evidence of the crime of conspiracy is not required. Most conspiracy cases are based on circumstantial or indirect evidence. It's good to have an attorney at the table.

Besides, public opinion is not relevant when laws have been broken. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

A potted plant would do her job better.  Or cactus.

Here's a real example of the cactus we have in the state where Meghan votes.  Nothing like her sweet little decorator dish garden-pet.  I looked a lot like this at a 7th grade birthday party just outside the Phoenix city limits.  Jumping cactus; anyone who helps you gets "jumped" too.

.JumpingCactus.thumb.jpg.8b3599e1888f8b8290c33c490255ba35.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

How DARE you, Joy?  HOW. DARE. YOU.   ???

Rebel Wilson was a good little interview--entertaining.  She had fun with everyone at the table.  You're the moderator.  You did not extend the invitation that our "Real Moderator" does every time.  Every time.   "Come back anytime.  You're welcome anytime."  Has this temporary position gone to your head??? Have you lost all sense of decorum and etiquette?

Edited by HaaCHOO
missed a "
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I’m sure it’s wrong, but it always bothered me that a show by women, for women, about women, had a man at the helm.  

I agree with you. Bill Geddie clashed with the strong women on the show like Starr and Rosie. Rosie was gunning for him to be fired and he was the main reason she chose not to renew her contract.  I think Joy and Whoopie made it work despite him. Baba Wawa gave him too much power and that affected the show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
36 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

All I could think of when Meghan started screaming at that poor 100-year old man "Thank you for your service!!" is how recently I heard a large group of veterans discussing how much they hate it when people say that to them. It makes them feel awkward ("it's just my job," they said) 

Well, hmmm...I never heard that before.  Now I won't say it any more.  Now I want to ask my (retired) Army daughter and two Marine sons what they and their friends think of that phrase.

Oh! And Meghan says she's a size 10/12 and Rebel says she's a size 16/18..... Someone's lying mistaken.🙄

(maybe the places Meghan gets her clothes does vanity sizing though, and they are just blowing smoke up her rear)

rps20190213_161535.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, SuzieSioux said:

All I could think of when Meghan started screaming at that poor 100-year old man "Thank you for your service!!" is how recently I heard a large group of veterans discussing how much they hate it when people say that to them. It makes them feel awkward ("it's just my job," they said) and they said it's really obvious that the person is saying it to make themselves look good rather than being genuine. This is exactly what I think now when Meghan says things like this. She's virtue signalling.

Thank you so much for this!  I wish there were a way to get rid of that comment/greeting without appearing to be ungrateful, uneducated, and rude wretches.  There are too many robotic remarks that people say these days without thinking--without really meaning them:  Sorry for your loss.   When did THAT become the one and only thing to say?  It has become almost meaningless.   For me, when I sneeze, "God bless you," is another worthless gesture I'm forced to accept.  Do I stop and explain to the person that I'm an atheist and they shouldn't waste their blessings on me?  I don't...I just roll my eyes (to myself) and thank the blesser.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 17

I had to laugh when Meghan said that she and her bestie, SE (Sarah Elizabeth) Cupp were up for a lot of the same jobs. I find it hard to believe that anyone is looking to hire ME-gun (but if they are, take her - please!).  I'm not a fan of Cupp, but I don't recall her screeching or pouting at co-hosts or other panelists; she appeared to listen, not just talk.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

I had to laugh when Meghan said that she and her bestie, SE (Sarah Elizabeth) Cupp were up for a lot of the same jobs. I find it hard to believe that anyone is looking to hire ME-gun.  I'm not a fan of Cupp, but I don't recall her screeching or pouting at co-hosts or other panelists; she appeared to listen, not just talk.  

S.E. Cupp seems interested in all of her guests' answers before sharing her own. Meghan is waiting for you to finish just so she can say her next thought.

41 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Well, hmmm...I never heard that before.  Now I won't say it any more.  Now I want to ask my (retired) Army daughter and two Marine sons what they and their friends think of that phrase.

Oh! And Meghan says she's a size 10/12 and Rebel says she's a size 16/18..... Someone's lying mistaken.🙄

(maybe the places Meghan gets her clothes does vanity sizing though, and they are just blowing smoke up her rear)

rps20190213_161535.jpg

Rebel had her own plus-size clothing line carried at Nordstrom (I don't know if they still carry it; it was a lot edgier than everything else in the plus department), so I'm gonna trust her on sizing over Meghan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

S.E. Cupp seems interested in all of her guests' answers before sharing her own. Meghan is waiting for you to finish just so she can say her next thought.

Except that Meghan never waits for anyone to finish; she jumps in mid-sentence even when the moderator hasn't finished setting up the topic.  S.E. Cupp should be giving Babe pointers on how to have a real back-and-forth conversation that involves listening and not filibustering or reading her husband's blue cards. And no, wearing S.E. Cupp glasses again will not help.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I’m sure it’s wrong, but it always bothered me that a show by women, for women, about women, had a man at the helm.  

You are not wrong. Bullshit is what it is.

It's not as easy to run whining/sobbing to a female producer.  Most of the time she will know our game...your game, Missy.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I agree with you. Bill Geddie clashed with the strong women on the show like Starr and Rosie.

And Sweaty Geddie's salivating ... uhhh, demonstrations of unabated lust favoritism for Elisabeth were awe-inspiring nauseating.

• Love 9
On 2/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, Stuffy said:

A lot of people in Oklahoma believe they have Native American in their blood.

My ex-husband (black hair, darkish skin), mostly German, told our children they were part Native American because their grandmother was born in Oklahoma and "everyone in Oklahoma is part Indian." He also told them that I'm not Irish...I'm English (I think he thought "English" was more uppah clahhss). For comparison, I gave my boys (full brothers) each a different DNA kit.  They are NOT Native American.  They're Irish and German with a few tiny percentages of other stuff.  After he died, we learned his mother wasn't even born in Oklahoma!  It was Idaho.  (His OWN mother!  Was he ig-nernt or lyin'?)

P.S.  Page ONE has lotsa PINK!!

Edited by HaaCHOO
Rereading stuff starting with Page One.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Meghan is waiting for you to finish just so she can say her next thought.

Wait....when has Megs ever waited for someone to be finished before she screeches what she has to say? I'm sorry, I guess I missed that day.🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, General Days said:
15 hours ago, General Days said:
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:23 PM, MMEButterfly said:

While I was listening to B Smith's husband I thought about 3 different friends over recent years who lost a spouse to some form of dementia. In these three cases the spouse finally went to a care facility and fell in love with a fellow patient. The care giver spouse had to live with that reality, and very painful it was. The human heart reaches out under many circumstances. I believe his sharing is a helpful view to a complex relationship situation. Such views have value to us all. 

Read more  

This has been a part of General Hospital's current Alzheimers storyline. Sonny's father Mike, who has Alzheimers, has been attending a day program and has fallen in love with one of the married residents (who returns his affections). I was surprised that GH has handled that particular plot point in such a nuanced way. 

This is also, sadly, the very real life story of former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and her husband John.  When she would visit him in his care facility, he would be beaming over his new love.  As recounted by their son,

"He was like a teenager in love," the younger Mr O'Connor told the Phoenix television station KPNX.

"For Mom to visit when he's happy - with his girlfriend, sitting on the porch-swing holding hands - Mom was thrilled."

He also talked about the partnership his mother has lost: "They were husband and wife, lovers, best friends, you know, and that's gone."

But he emphasised her pleasure as her husband became happier and more outgoing after initially sinking into depression."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1576716/Judge-lost-husband-to-Alzheimers-and-love.html

...and now Sandra Day O'Connor is slowly losing her own battle against dementia and has withdrawn from public life at the age of 88.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Thank you so much for this!  I wish there were a way to get rid of that comment/greeting without appearing to be ungrateful, uneducated, and rude wretches.  There are too many robotic remarks that people say these days without thinking--without really meaning them:  Sorry for your loss.   When did THAT become the one and only thing to say?  It has become almost meaningless.   For me, when I sneeze, "God bless you," is another worthless gesture I'm forced to accept.  Do I stop and explain to the person that I'm an atheist and they shouldn't waste their blessings on me?  I don't...I just roll my eyes (to myself) and thank the blesser.

"Happy birthday."  I always find it so awkward to type that out on social media. It sounds so cut n dry and I feel like I need to add a little extra so that it sounds sincere, but then i risk sounding too corny with someone I don't know KNOW. Yes, I tend to over think things.

Regarding the "thank u for your service"....my opinion is that people are just trying to be kind and appreciative. No need to hate on them for that. When Dan Crenshaw appeared on SNL he encouraged people to tell veterans "thank u for your svc," or even better, "never forget."

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Regarding the "thank u for your service"....my opinion is that people are just trying to be kind and appreciative. No need to hate on them for that. When Dan Crenshaw appeared on SNL he encouraged people to tell veterans "thank u for your svc," or even better, "never forget."

I asked one of my sons how he felt about it, and he replied, "Sometimes it's a little awkward but I appreciate people saying it to me." So one size doesn't fit all. Who knows. I do know now I'll never be able to say it to someone again without feeling squicky, just in case I'm offending someone. 

Military members are all people after all, so they have many different viewpoints about a lot of things, I'm sure. That's why meh-gun bugs me when she acts like she knows how ALL military people think.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I asked one of my sons how he felt about it, and he replied, "Sometimes it's a little awkward but I appreciate people saying it to me." So one size doesn't fit all. Who knows. I do know now I'll never be able to say it to someone again without feeling squicky, just in case I'm offending someone. 

Military members are all people after all, so they have many different viewpoints about a lot of things, I'm sure. That's why meh-gun bugs me when she acts like she knows how ALL military people think.

My retired Army husband’s reply is, “It was my pleasure.”

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Yep, totally agree. I suspect Meghan doesn't actually talk to military people as much as she makes out, because when you do you of course know that they are just like the rest of us, full of different views and opinions. People like Meghan use the military to hide behind, to avoid criticism of their own ideas.

Edited by SuzieSioux
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Donnaquilt said:

In a FB group that I am in, someone was at a taping of the show today that will be shown on President's Day.  MM and Joy had another spat.  Joy said something about Republicans and good faith and Mm went ballistic and accused Joy of not wanting the Dems and Republicans to work things out.  Joy said "did I say that?" And things escalated from there.  After a few back and forth, Joy took a drink of water and spat it out towards the steps and said  something like " let this water get the words out of my mouth".  The audience went crazy cheering for Joy and they stopped taping. A guy - maybe a producer - went running over to Mm and she appeared to be defending herself.  

Want to bet that will be cut from the show?  I haven't seen any stories on it floating around yet.

Was this maybe filmed on Mon ("hissy fit" day) when they were already snapping at each other?  It must have been awkward for the rest of the cast and crew, not to mention the audience.

• Love 5
On 2/12/2019 at 2:23 PM, athousandclowns said:

I hope Dr Ruth causes MM to get the vapors. Why after portraying herself as loving sex and saying things like strictly dick does she act so indignant with sex discussions. I guess because her mother-in-law watches. 

I've always loved the way Dr. Ruth has been able to get the male hosts of nighttime shows and others to start acting awkward and embarrassed just by sitting in a chair with her feet on an apple box like foot rest at times talking about intimacy and sex. 😄

Here's a cached page of The View's ticket listings for the 2nd show taped yesterday Wednesday Feb. 13th which lists Sara Haines and Michael Strahan as guests. The MLK show that aired on a Monday recently was taped the Wednesday before too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Donnaquilt said:

In a FB group that I am in, someone was at a taping of the show today that will be shown on President's Day.  MM and Joy had another spat.  Joy said something about Republicans and good faith and Mm went ballistic and accused Joy of not wanting the Dems and Republicans to work things out.  Joy said "did I say that?" And things escalated from there.  After a few back and forth, Joy took a drink of water and spat it out towards the steps and said  something like " let this water get the words out of my mouth".  The audience went crazy cheering for Joy and they stopped taping. A guy - maybe a producer - went running over to Mm and she appeared to be defending herself.  

Want to bet that will be cut from the show?  I haven't seen any stories on it floating around yet.

They will edit it out.  We should have seen this live. I do think that at some point Joy will tell the networks, it is her or me..

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The tension between Joy and Megan is palpable.  

WORD. The side eyes they were giving each other today...I don't think Joy's seat change was just due to her filling in for Whoopie as host. Seems that we may be headed for another split screen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why was Meghan dressed like she belonged in a 1950's ice cream parlor?

She also needs to learn when & when not to wear a brooch.  Today's "outfit" was not conducive to the brooch.  (Refer to Jill Wine-Banks' ability to wear a flattering brooch.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm so glad Sunny brought up the hypocrisy of those on the right calling for Rep. Omar to resign. So. Much. Hypocrisy. 

And the ABC guy was right.  The Democratic base expects more and has higher standards for their elected officials.  The Republican base not so much.

• Love 22

So now Meghans trying to take credit for booking the show. She said something like " I wanted the news guy to come on the show "

Well if that's what Meghan wants, then say no more , that's what Meghan gets .

• Love 16
13 hours ago, Donnaquilt said:

Why couldn't this happen at a live taping? 😞  What a response, hahaha. 

Meghan often conflates and thinks that just because someone says 'x', it must also mean 'y' and 'z' and she feels compelled to call them out for something they did not in fact say.  I would get annoyed if someone put words in my mouth just so they could get offended and call me out. How do you defend something that you didn't actually say? What Joy thinks of a political party in the present has nothing to do with what she ideally would like to see happen. Further, why is Meghan even acting like the Democratic party tunes in, hears Joy say the Republicans aren't acting in good faith and then say to each other 'If Joy said it must be true...no getting along until Joy Behar says it's okay!'.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Now Meghan is just baiting Joy by talking over her. Returning from the first commercial break as Joy was doing the topic intro, Meghan was squealing loudly to the couple in the front row. 

No manners. No class. No use.....

Did you see how Joy cut her eyes towards Meghan after she interrupted? Meghan definitely did that on purpose and it was so unnecessary. Zero manners, zero class for sure.

• Love 18

I actually really liked today's show. It was a good mix of serious and fun. I like that they brought in the ABC News guy to discuss the Rep. Omar controversy. It would have been a hot mess (and perhaps a repeat of the Meghan screaming/Joy smackdown/Meghan pouting cycle) if they discussed it by themselves. This way, they had a knowledgeable person leading the discussion and all the panelists got a chance to air their . . . views. 

Abby, however, annoyed me by implying that the 80% of people in favor of the Green New Deal were ignorant. Is it unrealistic? Yes, but it is not law, lays out SOME actionable goals for addressing climate change, and forces a more serious discussion about sustainability. It's a lot better than the "She's  trying to outlaw cows!" idiocy that was the Republican media respose.

• Love 18