Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Lucy Lucy Apple Juicy

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Jel said:

Here's a People story about the dog drama (from September):

https://people.com/tv/dorit-kemsley-lisa-vanderpump-rescue-dog-drama/

“Dorit is devastated by this,” says the source. “Lisa did eventually acknowledge that she believes Dorit had the best of intentions. But right now, Dorit is unconvinced of the same with Lisa.”

That’s the thing with LVP - she often doesn’t have “the best of intentions” when it comes to castmates.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, nexxie said:

“Dorit is devastated by this,” says the source. “Lisa did eventually acknowledge that she believes Dorit had the best of intentions. But right now, Dorit is unconvinced of the same with Lisa.”

That’s the thing with LVP - she often doesn’t have “the best of intentions” when it comes to castmates.

I don't see it that way at all. I think if she wanted to screw them over, any of them, she could. To me the rest of them are coming across as bitterbugs, except for Rinna who just perpetually comes across as desperate to be on tv. 

ETA: There's kind of a double standard here. Lisa is expected to keep her big old yap (and the yaps of her employees) shut about Dorit, but it's cool for Dorit to have sources talk about Lisa's bad intentions? Are we supposed to keep things private or not, ladies? Or is it just the privacy of the supporting cast should be maintained, but any one of them can say whatever they want about Lisa? How do they not see this?

Edited by Jel
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, Jel said:

I've been watching this show from the beginning, and I just don't see the Bobby Fisher moves. But let's say they are there and I'm just too stupid to see it -- how effective are her masterful manipulations? It's Lisa who always seems to get the blow back.  Kyle's always there exposing Lisa's (alleged) hidden agenda! 

So the dog thing is Lisa saying "Let's not talk about the dog" But secretly, beforehand, she told her employee to bring out the dog and make everyone aware that it was Dorit's dog? So Lisa would appear innocent and just too sweet and too kind to bring up the issue, but was secretly mean enough to make sure that the world see that Dorit had dumped (attempted to rehome) a dog? Is that the gist of it?

And in her chess moves, Lisa now takes the shit storm away from the actual crap thing that Dorit did, and places it squarely on herself for the crime of letting people know the truth. And even though, as the owner of a dog rescue, she's well within her rights to make an issue out it, and say as much, on camera, in a teachable moment about how to responsibly deal with a rescue dog that didn't work out, she instead chooses to no, miss that opportunity so she can instead get an employee to later mention it to Kyle and Teddi to make Dorit look bad? When Dorit already looks plenty bad without any help from Lisa? To me, that seems like a real stretch.

But even if that is all true, and she did secretly arrange to get the employee to bring it up, let's ask the question of what's worse, dumping a dog (when she should have returned it to VPD) or cagily letting the truth out there? In this case, Lisa's alleged "crime" would be arranging the surreptitious reveal of an actual, factual event while Dorit's is an act of selfish irresponsibility with the life of a dog (and the violation of a contract).  But somehow Lisa is the one who comes away from this whole thing looking bad.

Seriously, if one wants to study how to be a masterful manipulator, I'd recommend looking elsewhere: given the outcomes, Lisa does not seem to be very good at it

I don’t think LVP is an evil mastermind like Cersei Baratheon but I do believe she’s manipulative and very good at it. I don’t think she cackles around a cauldron mixing potions and casting spells, but I do sometimes picture her drinking martinis infused with tears a la Mason from Hannibal or sipping tea and quoting Mrs Armitage –Now You’re In the Sunken Place

tenor.gif?itemid=5065949

I do believe she is livid at both Dorit and PK but she’s not going to say it on camera right now. She going to set the stage and the tone before saying anything. She gets her point across by using someone within her control to get the information out there (In this case John Cessa and John Blizzard) A few years ago when she was involved in the lawsuit with the Spot Pet store – she would not allow anyone to talk about it on camera – I remember her shutting that right down. It wasn’t until the case was tossed out that she wanted to talk about it. If she didn’t want to discuss Lucy or have Lucy spoken about at all – both Johns would have kept their lips locked – they know where their bread and butter comes from.

She certainly shouldn’t have implied to Dorit and PK that Teddi was gossiping about the dog situation to the other ladies. To me at least, she was shooting eye daggers at PK and she is livid (rightly so)

I don’t like Dorit and PK – never have. I doubt that the dog bit her kids and or PK for that matter. I feel bad for Lucy. I thought it was horrible that PK didn’t apologize to LVP at all. All the talk about Lucy does cast a negative light on the practices of Vander Dogs. Makes you question how they take in rescues, how they are accessed and how they make sure the rescues are the right fit for a specific home. LVP knows PK and Dorit – why would you even consider allowing them to adopt a pet. Dorit claims she has multiple nannies 24/7 for her own kids – a dog would be left in the care of someone other than Dorit and PK. I might be in the minority, but I wonder if the women who allegedly wanted Lucy even exists.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, smores said:

Teddi is the one who was insistent that the story get out, NOT Lisa and NOT her employee.

The more I think about this, the more suspect Teddi is.

She did make those sly comments you noted.

Was she trying to get it on camera in retaliation for Dorit's behavior last year?

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don’t think LVP is an evil mastermind like Cersei Baratheon but I do believe she’s manipulative and very good at it. I don’t think she cackles around a cauldron mixing potions and casting spells, but I do sometimes picture her drinking martinis infused with tears a la Mason from Hannibal or sipping tea and quoting Mrs Armitage –Now You’re In the Sunken Place

tenor.gif?itemid=5065949

I do believe she is livid at both Dorit and PK but she’s not going to say it on camera right now. She going to set the stage and the tone before saying anything. She gets her point across by using someone within her control to get the information out there (In this case John Cessa and John Blizzard) A few years ago when she was involved in the lawsuit with the Spot Pet store – she would not allow anyone to talk about it on camera – I remember her shutting that right down. It wasn’t until the case was tossed out that she wanted to talk about it. If she didn’t want to discuss Lucy or have Lucy spoken about at all – both Johns would have kept their lips locked – they know where their bread and butter comes from.

She certainly shouldn’t have implied to Dorit and PK that Teddi was gossiping about the dog situation to the other ladies. To me at least, she was shooting eye daggers at PK and she is livid (rightly so)

I don’t like Dorit and PK – never have. I doubt that the dog bit her kids and or PK for that matter. I feel bad for Lucy. I thought it was horrible that PK didn’t apologize to LVP at all. All the talk about Lucy does cast a negative light on the practices of Vander Dogs. Makes you question how they take in rescues, how they are accessed and how they make sure the rescues are the right fit for a specific home. LVP knows PK and Dorit – why would you even consider allowing them to adopt a pet. Dorit claims she has multiple nannies 24/7 for her own kids – a dog would be left in the care of someone other than Dorit and PK. I might be in the minority, but I wonder if the women who allegedly wanted Lucy even exists.

Who knows what the hell happened.  All I know is Lucy is in a better home than with the grifters known as Dorit and PK.  I think LVP shoulda slapped the 5K fine on them, let everyone know what happened and called it a day.  I seriously doubt that dog was vicious.  Someone without $ like PK and Dorit could have sued the snot out of the rescue for not vetting the dog properly and hurting her poor babies.  The fact they didn't tells me they didn't have a leg to stand on.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, smores said:

The People article doesn't even match Dorit's current story on the show, though.  In the People article, they gave the dog away because it bit her daughter.  On the show, it's because it was biting the kids repeatedly and THEN bit PK, complete with pictures.  People mentions one bite, no PK, no pictures.  People also says that Dorit spoke to LVP the day before she gave the dog away and LVP was cool with it.  Yet, on the show, both Dorit (in talking to Erika), and LVP say that Dorit spoke to LVP the day AFTER she gave the dog away and let her know what had happened.  But, even then, in the People story, LVP was giving Dorit the benefit of the doubt that she wasn't the one who ditched the dog, just as she did on the show.  So, LVP has stayed consistent, but Dorit hasn't.

And I'll say this much, let's say I was Dorit's friend that took the dog.  If for some legit reason things hadn't worked out (say the dog bit me and I had to return it), and things blew up into this giant mess, I'd at the very least, out myself to LVP and apologize.  I wouldn't go on the show and be like "Hi! I'm the person that took the dog and dumped it at the shelter!" but, I would want to at least make it clear to LVP that it was me who had made the mistake, that I didn't understand Dorit had those terms, that had I known, I'd have taken the dog back to VDPD, and that I was terribly sorry to have caused her these problems with her rescue.  I'd want to clear Dorit's name.  This doesn't seem to have happened, because you'd think Lisa and Dorit would be able to say "We got together with the person that had the dog and we understand what happened and it was all a mixup"

I'm also a bit unclear about Kyle's stance in all of this because every year she gets on Lisa's ass for "not backing me 100%" like she does for Lisa.  Kyle expects that no matter what she says or does, Lisa will be there for her and she will defend it.  Yet, here we are, right out of the gate this season and there is some sort of mixup, and Kyle, who is always there for her friends 100%, is talking about how Lisa's employee clearly wanted her to know the story and she thinks that's strange.  So, how is she defending Lisa in this?  That seems more like she's taking Dorit's side, right?  

And on top of that, she's mangling the facts.  Sure, when she first saw the dog (it was somewhere in the area, it's not like he came walking out with it), John did ask if it was recognized, but it was a general question, not specifically to Kyle.  I think it was likely more to Teddi, who knew the story.  Teddi then asks if "it's the one?" He says yes.  Lisa says "We're NOT talking about this"  Kyle asks whats going on.  Lisa firmly shuts it all down.  THEN they go to the seating area, where Teddi proceeds to ask her daughter if she recognizes the dog, and launches into how it was Dorit's dog.  Teddi is the one who was insistent that the story get out, NOT Lisa and NOT her employee.  

That also discounts the fact that Dorit also put the story on tv in her talk with Erika and filmed a scene with Lisa about it too.  

Catch of the season, Smores! Brava!

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

The more I think about this, the more suspect Teddi is.

She did make those sly comments you noted.

Was she trying to get it on camera in retaliation for Dorit's behavior last year?

If she was I don't blame her.

• Love 15

Was the puppy just being playful and nippy or was it an intentional bite that broke skin?  I wonder how long it happened after they got Lucy.   My son's puppy, who has the softest temperament, broke the skin on his finger when he was doing something with her - he caught his finger on her canine and the skin broke - she didn't actually do anything.  Our current dog was a wild man as a puppy (all 2 lbs of him).  He is the mildest boy now though. Personally, I think Dorit and PK would be shit dog owners - they don't pay enough attention and I doubt they would be monitoring both the kids and the puppy's interactions - which you have to do to ensure that everyone is behaving.  Dogs CAN scratch (contrary to someone's observations somewhere above) - I have a scar from nearly 35 years ago - my dog was excited and twirling at the end of his leash  - but it was accidental.  We didn't cart his ass off to a shelter.  Finally, I always hate when the Housewives pile on Vanderpump - if she did manoeuvre things so the backstory about Lucy came out, I don't care.  The news sources say that she didn't.  No one seems to hold Dorit accountable for anything - she's wriggled out of all the shit she's done and said - and they have let her.  This just seems to be a convenient excuse to go after her - but let's not forget - the information that was in the media was all true.  

• Love 22
On 2/13/2019 at 8:04 AM, Bronzedog said:

Did anyone else think it was strange that they had a picture of the scratch/bite on PigJ’s face?  It was like they were creating evidence to defend their assholery in giving the dog away.

Bingo!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 2/13/2019 at 8:32 AM, Higgins said:

Not to defend Dorit, and she was totally wrong in this matter however, the rescue has an obligation to place the dog in the right type of home. That dog should not have been placed in a home with small children.  I could read the dog's temperament was not suited for pre-school aged children from a few minutes of observing. Just saying.

Exactly! She said on Access Hollywood that the dog was very hyper, and it shouldn't be with a family with such little children. Um...did she not notice the dog was hyper when they were looking at her, and considering taking her? And did whoever was in charge at Vanderpump not recognize the dog's temperment either? Both sides dropped the ball here. But either way, I cannot believe Lisa gave Dorit a pass in this situation. She has written off multiple people over the years, but THIS doesn't register on her "gone too far" meter?? That is utterly shocking, knowing how much of an animal empath she is. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, smores said:

I'd want to clear Dorit's name.  This doesn't seem to have happened, because you'd think Lisa and Dorit would be able to say "We got together with the person that had the dog and we understand what happened and it was all a mixup"

...excellent point. The behaviour of this "friend" makes me very suspicious of Dorit's  explanation.  If Dorit gave the pup to a family as decent as she told LVP they were, would they not call Dorit back first,  before they dumped the dog in a kill shelter? 

How the fuck do we get from "Yes, Dorit! We'll take this little doggy and give her a good home!" to "Gonna dump the little doggy in a kill shelter" without a single phonecall between Dorit and the supposed Dr Doolittle she gave Lucy to? 

That only makes sense if Dorit did no due diligence in rehoming, which means she lied to LVP about Lucy's new home being wonderful and safe and blah blah lying-face mad cow asshole in her sun visor. 

By definition, dumping a rescue in a shelter = not a good rehomer: lots of people have excellent reasons for not  keeping a rescue, but unless the beast is rabid and killing children, taking a pet to a kill shelter is hardly the first solution.  And why didn't Dorit do a follow-up call to see if Lucy was doing okay? (Can any pet lover in this forum  imagine rehoming a dog without checking in several times, to see if the animal is doing well in their new home? And leave explicit directions to call if there's an issue? That's the bare fucking minimum.)

There's more to this story than anybody knows, and I wouldn't put it past Dorit and PK to have used a proxy to dump the dog -- they are just that disgusting - not saying they did that, but I am saying it would not surprise me if they did. 

20 hours ago, bosawks said:

My theory is that Dorit gave up the dog because it didn’t kill PK and she couldn’t collect the insurance.

LOL

Hey, wait a minute.... ; )

julie newmar gif.gif

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:31 AM, Dance4Life said:

How can LVPD even enforced the $5,000 fine?   Which I am assuming is for not returning dog to LVPD for it to be rehome.

Every season LVP and Kyle have beef.  What is new??

Ken probably goes off on Kyle as well for ridiculing his nap on social media! 

Kyle, what were you thinking??  You put on the text. Bring Ken! Then humiliate him for taking a nap.  The man is a restaurateur! That extreme exhausting is REAL!

Looking forward to this season, except Camille’s house burning.  That is going to be really sad as many people did lose their homes, lives and animals.

We see 2 weddings?  Camille and Denise..???

How can she enforce it?  Dorit signed a contract.  She just has to sue her. I mean, she'll have to get in line behind Dorit's other 10,000 creditors she owes money to, but enforcement would not be difficult.  That's literally what contracts are for.

• Love 8
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, ghoulina said:

You just made me choke on my water. 

But, seriously, I have to wonder about Teddi's career  as well. She said she now has "30 coaches and over 100 clients". So she has other coaches under her? But she doesn't own a gym or anything. Does she just TRAIN other people in how to coach the clients? It sounds a little pyramid-schemish, to me. 

I may be alone, but I actually love it when she does this. I don't see it so much as she finds herself hilarious, more like she's laughing at how ridiculous she is. I'll try to make a joke and it's just stupid and I fucking laugh and laugh at myself. Rinna pokes fun at herself a lot. I think she's pretty humble and self-deprecating. 

She's more like a life coach than a gym coach.  "Coaching" isn't meant to be taken literally.   Her business is legit and VERY successful, especially given the amount she gets away with charging her customers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I know it was supposed to be dramatic but Kyle stalking out those glass doors with the Villa Rosa oversized bath mat and the fucking swans was worthy of Andrea Martin and Catherine O’Hara in the halcyon days of SCTV. 

I haven’t let out a snort that loud in awhile.

And the storming went on for so long it was also a teensy bit Spinal Tap "couldn't find the stage".

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, nexxie said:

But, Teddi leaves out the fact that after Lisa did tell him to stop talking about it, SHE went to her daughter and asked her daughter if she recognized the dog, which is what brought the whole story out.  During which, Lisa said she didn't want to talk about it, that it was handled, and at the end of it, she pretty firmly said "Dorit did not mean for this to happen, it wasn't on purpose and it's handled"  

And Teddi is also not mentioning how all Lisa said to Dorit was that John and Teddi knew each other (or were friends/close, I forget the exact wording), so Teddi was aware of the situation because of their relationship.  Dorit is the one who immediately jumped it to "So now Teddi is going around talking about me?"  All Lisa said was, essentially, I want to bring this topic up so we can clear the air for good.  I know you didn't mean to do anything wrong and it's handled, it's settled.  I wish had been handled differently, but fine.  I do also need to let you know, though, that Teddi is aware of the situation because of her relationship with John, so it was discussed.  I don't want you to find out later and think we were all gossiping.  

Teddi was sitting right there when the conversation happened, she instigated it.  She participated in it.  Yet, now she's suddenly trying to make it seem like Lisa is the one going around gossiping behind Dorit's back?  I didn't see Teddi send Dorit a text and say "Hey, this came up and I wanted to let you know I heard about it, so you didn't think I was talking about you."  Lisa is the one who did that.  Not Miss Accountability.  She's busy shifting the blame, not being the owner of her behavior. 

• Love 17

The only reason the Lucy story is on the show is because LVP wanted it to be, and staged it with her employee the day Teddi and Kyle visited VPDogs.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Jel said:

Seriously, if one wants to study how to be a masterful manipulator, I'd recommend looking elsewhere: given the outcomes, Lisa does not seem to be very good at it

6 hours ago, wheresmypizza said:

I have changed my opinion on the Lisa V./ Kyle dynamic upon rewatching this episode. It looks to me like they are just kind of over each other. Whatever, it happens in some of the best of friendships. Friendships shouldn't be that much hard work and it appears that this one is. I have a couple like that where it gets to a point where it just feels like you are trying too hard and it all seems forced. It's the side-taking by the rest of them that seems producer/show driven. The need to have 'alliances'. (ugh)

I don't think Lisa is a master manipulator in the real world, but compared to the rest of the cast she's as good as it gets.  (Kind of like if you compare her "British humor" to Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant and she looks like the potty-mouthed middle schooler she is.) IMO she cannot take what she dishes out, carries long grudges, and constantly makes the snotty remarks that eventually make the others lose their cool.  And I do think Kyle is over it.  I recently watched a couple of episodes that aired from season 3 where Lisa was mad at Kyle for not "having her back" and Kyle apologized and Lisa just kept loftily telling her that the friendship had changed.  In Kyle's TH she was very upset that Lisa thought their friendship had changed, and Lisa TH'd "So what? The friendship has changed. Whatever".  I think she has a lot more fun on the VDP Rules, where the cast is forced to kiss her arse in a way that this cast isn't, (and she is too dim to get that the other cast is constantly throwing her shade in their THs.)

Edited by princelina
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

I SO wanted those bitchy swans to chase Kyle off the property, flapping their wings and hissing at her the whole way.

Hi walnutqueen

I thought about that too...with Kyle clomping on the bridge and falling into the moat

tumblr_mmk7wtP6gF1qbahrjo1_400.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Hi walnutqueen

I thought about that too...with Kyle clomping on the bridge and falling into the moat

tumblr_mmk7wtP6gF1qbahrjo1_400.gif

I can always count on you for the perfect visual aid, KFB

Edited by walnutqueen
I hate those little yellow smiley face thingys
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

If she was I don't blame her.

9 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Nor I.

Dorit was an utter asshole to Teddi.

Maybe that’s what all those gushy LVP “Teddi Bear” endearments were all about (in addition to making Kyle and Dorit jealous) - grooming Teddi as the next sucker to do some piece of dirty work LVP needed done.

• Love 3

I felt weird watching this episode. And sad. I absolutely love Lisa and I´ve (almost) always liked Kyle but then in a moment it all changed.

Erika looked different somehow. It´s like her nasty personality has started to show up on the outside, she looked so pudgy and fake, and there is nothing glamorous about her now. It was cringy seeing her brown-nosing Denise. If any of these women put Erika over Lisa then they are dead to me. I hope Teddi and Denise don´t turn (I´m not optimistic, almost all of the previous hws have gone crazy with jealousy over Lisa´s awesomeness at some point).

Lisa´s only flaw seems to be that she´s a bad judge of character who has a thing of taking in problem people. They´re like dogs who really bite and most of them end up biting her.

Speaking of dogs, I don´t care at all who said what to whom or leaked a story or yada yada. It doesn´t matter. PK and Dorit are nasty losers who should never have gotten a dog. This one goes on Lisa´s bad judge of character account. I hope she gives them hell and leaves them in the dust. I don´t think the dog ever bit or scratched anyone, well maybe their sofa. They´re horrible enough to throw him out for doing that.

I could go on and on and on. But I wont. Just one more thing, it would be funny if Lisa became friends with Kim now, and turned her against Kyle. I would love that, and it would be so deserved. It´s probably very unlikely but it would be funny to see.

• Love 14
On 2/13/2019 at 7:09 PM, princelina said:

How about Erika's stilettos with the track suit in her own house?  That to me was worse than Dorit's look at the pool 😄

Haha, for real! I feel like I'm dressed up if I still have my jeans & bra more than 5 minutes after I walk in the door. I couldn't imagine prancing around in stilettos in my own home. Good thing I don't live in Beverly Hills.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

Ken scares me sometimes.  I love the relationship he and Lisa have, very sweet and supportive, but it makes me feel uncomfortable when he gets involved in the drama and yells at whichever woman is fighting with LVP.   I don't even like Kyle but I felt sorry for her when Ken screamed at her in the episode intro.  I liked Yolanda even less and thought it was uncool when he yelled at her several seasons ago (and I think he even grabbed at her arm).  He needs to stick to taking naps and snuggling puppies.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Ken scares me sometimes.  I love the relationship he and Lisa have, very sweet and supportive, but it makes me feel uncomfortable when he gets involved in the drama and yells at whichever woman is fighting with LVP.   I don't even like Kyle but I felt sorry for her when Ken screamed at her in the episode intro.  I liked Yolanda even less and thought it was uncool when he yelled at her several seasons ago (and I think he even grabbed at her arm).  He needs to stick to taking naps and snuggling puppies.

I was just saying this in the spoilers section. Ken has a pattern of being violent and unpredictable in his behavior. I've been around men like that, it triggers me.

You know, charming, charming, charming, RAGE!

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, smores said:

The People article doesn't even match Dorit's current story on the show, though.  In the People article, they gave the dog away because it bit her daughter.  On the show, it's because it was biting the kids repeatedly and THEN bit PK, complete with pictures.  People mentions one bite, no PK, no pictures.  People also says that Dorit spoke to LVP the day before she gave the dog away and LVP was cool with it.  Yet, on the show, both Dorit (in talking to Erika), and LVP say that Dorit spoke to LVP the day AFTER she gave the dog away and let her know what had happened.  But, even then, in the People story, LVP was giving Dorit the benefit of the doubt that she wasn't the one who ditched the dog, just as she did on the show.  So, LVP has stayed consistent, but Dorit hasn't.

And I'll say this much, let's say I was Dorit's friend that took the dog.  If for some legit reason things hadn't worked out (say the dog bit me and I had to return it), and things blew up into this giant mess, I'd at the very least, out myself to LVP and apologize.  I wouldn't go on the show and be like "Hi! I'm the person that took the dog and dumped it at the shelter!" but, I would want to at least make it clear to LVP that it was me who had made the mistake, that I didn't understand Dorit had those terms, that had I known, I'd have taken the dog back to VDPD, and that I was terribly sorry to have caused her these problems with her rescue.  I'd want to clear Dorit's name.  This doesn't seem to have happened, because you'd think Lisa and Dorit would be able to say "We got together with the person that had the dog and we understand what happened and it was all a mixup"

I'm also a bit unclear about Kyle's stance in all of this because every year she gets on Lisa's ass for "not backing me 100%" like she does for Lisa.  Kyle expects that no matter what she says or does, Lisa will be there for her and she will defend it.  Yet, here we are, right out of the gate this season and there is some sort of mixup, and Kyle, who is always there for her friends 100%, is talking about how Lisa's employee clearly wanted her to know the story and she thinks that's strange.  So, how is she defending Lisa in this?  That seems more like she's taking Dorit's side, right?  

And on top of that, she's mangling the facts.  Sure, when she first saw the dog (it was somewhere in the area, it's not like he came walking out with it), John did ask if it was recognized, but it was a general question, not specifically to Kyle.  I think it was likely more to Teddi, who knew the story.  Teddi then asks if "it's the one?" He says yes.  Lisa says "We're NOT talking about this"  Kyle asks whats going on.  Lisa firmly shuts it all down.  THEN they go to the seating area, where Teddi proceeds to ask her daughter if she recognizes the dog, and launches into how it was Dorit's dog.  Teddi is the one who was insistent that the story get out, NOT Lisa and NOT her employee.  

That also discounts the fact that Dorit also put the story on tv in her talk with Erika and filmed a scene with Lisa about it too.  

I smell a rat with the whole thing.  Why did the employee even bring the dog out in the first place?

If Kyle has Lisa's back, where was she when Lisa was grieving for the loss of her brother?
You are right about the story not matching Dorit's version.

Dorito has a habit of seeing and hearing one thing and interpreting it as something completely different and she rambles on and on until you don't know what she's talking about.

Of course Erika and Rinna is on the bandwagon about LVP.  Erika was brought on by Yolanda and we all know Yolanda didn't like Ken and LVP, and Rinna will do and say anything to get the press and money.

A rat is a rat

• Love 10

Was the person who brought the dog out John Sessa? If so I think referring to him as “an employee” is doing him an injustice. He is the executive director of the Vanderpump Dogs foundation and co-founder of Vanderpump Pets. His profile and resume seem very impressive. 

https://www.vanderpumpdogs.org/john-sessa

As such I am less inclined to think now that he was just manipulated by Lisa into the situation. I’m now leaning toward him being upset himself

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:15 PM, KungFuBunny said:

KFB Alternate theories of the marks

1) PK was drunk  and numb from the cocaine so he missed his inner nostril when he went for his next bump. This scratch mark is from the straw

2) Similar circumstances. In a rush to take as big a hit off the mirror as possible, PK jabbed himself with the Rose Gold Straw

3) Phoenix or Jagger scratched him in a classic Stranger Danger reaction

On a more serious side note: Who gave Bravo this picture of PK and his nose - did he or Dorit post this pic to Instagram or Twitter?

My favorite is Dorit describing the dog as taking a "HUGE chunk out of PK's nose!" then we see a tiny little scratch that could've been caused by shaving.  and SHE'S the one who provided the pic! That woman has ZERO shame.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, halkatla said:

Speaking of dogs, I don´t care at all who said what to whom or leaked a story or yada yada. It doesn´t matter. PK and Dorit are nasty losers who should never have gotten a dog. This one goes on Lisa´s bad judge of character account. I hope she gives them hell and leaves them in the dust. I don´t think the dog ever bit or scratched anyone, well maybe their sofa. They´re horrible enough to throw him out for doing that.

I don't really care either. I do tend to think LVP maybe DID shadily want to get the news out there via someone else. But I don't really care. I cannot stand Dorit and her soft-boiled egg of a husband. I can't imagine them being dutiful dog owners. 

I was, honestly, more upset with how Lisa had to call Kyle out for not attending the TomTom party than anything else. I do not care about the dog story in the press. Do. Not. Care. Dorit, herself, talked about it on camera. 

• Love 9
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, Giselle said:

I don't like Dorit but I don't think she mistreated the dog. She thought she was giving it to a good home and told Lisa about it the next day. Lisa didn't dispute that. 

The person Dorit gave it to was the one dropping it off at the kill shelter, not Dorit. Had Dorit known that was going to happen I think she would have, hoped she would have, got the dog back and give it back to Lisa. Which is what she should have done in the first place.

Lisa, knowing Dorit gave the dog away the day before, should have asked for the dog to be returned to VPD, or contacted the friend who took it offering to take the dog back if there were any issues.

Funny how horrifing it was to have  Kingsley attacking people but when it comes to a puppy nipping/snapping at young children and biting the owner, the jokes abound.

In everyone's defense: there's a difference between a grown pit bull biting someone to the point where they need surgery and a puppy nipping at kids who are probably rough housing with it and putting a tiny scratch on someone's nose that most people despise.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Blondie said:

I smell a rat with the whole thing.  Why did the employee even bring the dog out in the first place?

If Kyle has Lisa's back, where was she when Lisa was grieving for the loss of her brother?
You are right about the story not matching Dorit's version.

Dorito has a habit of seeing and hearing one thing and interpreting it as something completely different and she rambles on and on until you don't know what she's talking about.

Of course Erika and Rinna is on the bandwagon about LVP.  Erika was brought on by Yolanda and we all know Yolanda didn't like Ken and LVP, and Rinna will do and say anything to get the press and money.

A rat is a rat

LVP acknowledged that Kyle was there for that. 

Also LVP didn't invite her, told her not to come, saying it wasn't her party, she acknowledged this and then gaslit her. Any friend who expects me to go to a party I'm not even throwing when my body thinks it's four a.m. can go f themself. That's some next level entitled twitch behavior.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 9

I think LVP choosing Beverly Hills for her dog rescue location is going to limit the number of loving homes available to these dogs. "Regular folks" (like most of us here) who are more than qualified to provide a forever home, aren't going to drive to an OTT  Beverly Hills shop to find a dog to rescue.  LVP has to make it about herself. She would NEVER open a dog rescue anywhere less chic than BH. She's a snobby selfish bitch. 

• Love 4
On 2/13/2019 at 10:35 PM, MrsWitter said:

I don’t think we know if it was a kill shelter and I doubt Dorit and PK know either. But, depending on the area of the country, a shockingly high number of shelters are kill shelters. California has a good number of them and the South has a ton (whereas, some areas of the country, like New England, have barely any). They don’t usually call themselves “kill shelters”- there’s other words like “open admission,” etc. that signal that they will euthanize for space if need be. I’ve seen open admission shelters that euthanize for space within 2-3 days because they’re full and others that keep dogs for years. But, if they get overfilled, they will euthanize. Any shelter that will euthanize for space is technically a kill shelter.

This is not remotely like the Kingsley situation. Kyle’s daughter was hospitalized from her injuries and another person required stitches and medical attention. I’m still not even sure Dorit’s kids were bit because I would think she would love to show us pictures of that to gain sympathy. And, if they were bit, none of it was serious enough to warrant medical attention from what we know. Also, looking at PK’s “bite,” I’m not even sure that’s a bite- it looks more like a scratch to me. And it’s certainly not a serious bite if it is one. My dog once, in the eight years I’ve had him, hit me in the face with his paw. He’s a big guy and ended up leaving me with a black eye and a cut on my face. It was an accident that happened because he was excited to see me and he jumped in the bed and pawed me. When I yelled out in pain, he felt horrible. My injury looked far worse than what’s happening on PK’s face and it was a complete accident and my dog is not dangerous. Kingsley is dangerous and Kim (and that horrible trainer she hired) were making the situation worse. There’s a MAJOR difference between a dog who might have some small behavioral issues (and again, I’m not sure Lucy even does) and a dog with a documented history of serious aggression.

@ShawnaLanne, I heard that too! I thought I was mishearing something, but it was just more ingratiating behavior from the grifters. I’m anxiously looking forward to that scene from the previews where Lisa tells Dorit: “actually, I don’t love you.”

@chenoa333, it might just be Lisa (because she loves to give all her dogs silly names), but rescues and shelters often give silly names to animals up for adoption because there’s some evidence that it actually helps attract adopters. A shelter near where I used to live gave all the dogs preposterous names and it did help bring in adopters. I still remember one was named “Beyoncé Knowles”- not just Beyoncé, but “Beyonce Knowles.” It’s smart marketing and anything that gets more animals adopted is ok by me. 

ETA: Maybe take it with a grain of salt, but the blogs that report on Housewives are claiming that a Bravo source said Lucy absolutely did end up in a kill shelter.

The cat/kitten rescue that I foster for does this during kitten season -- last year at one location we had the Star Wars kittens, the Star Trek kittens, the Harry Potter kittens, the City kitties (named after world cities like London and Rio) and many more.  Each member had a clever name and surprisingly enough, the cute names alone attract a lot of attention -- especially with the kids and young adults.  I couldn't agree with you more - any gimmick that helps gets them into loving homes is the answer to our prayers.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I was, honestly, more upset with how Lisa had to call Kyle out for not attending the TomTom party than anything else. I do not care about the dog story in the press.

I thought Kyle overreacted to it, as she seems to do lately.   I'm having a hard time taking Kyle's side on anything the past few seasons because:

1 hour ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

And TBH in every argument Kyle gets in, I never understand her point of view or wtf her problem is.

Thanks, WhoaWhoKnew, you summed it up perfectly for me!

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

The cat/kitten rescue that I foster for does this during kitten season -- last year at one location we had the Star Wars kittens, the Star Trek kittens, the Harry Potter kittens, the City kitties (named after world cities like London and Rio) and many more.  Each member had a clever name and surprisingly enough, the cute names alone attract a lot of attention -- especially with the kids and young adults.  I couldn't agree with you more - any gimmick that helps gets them into loving homes is the answer to our prayers.

I LOVE that your cat/kitten rescue names the rescues after celebs/well known characters! Hell...I love any cat named Bob or Jane or Beyonce. And if there are 2 that MUST be adopted TOGETHER, how about Martini & Rossi? Or single black cats  P. Diddy Kitty. 😁 And yes, sometimes the names help getting pets adopted but the difficulty is in vetting potential adopters. 

For any other cat lovers here, go to INSTAGRAM TheCatCade. One of the volunteers posts the most eloquent, coolest, endearing comments on the pets for adoption. It's good ! And I wish all of the animal rescues (including LVP's), no matter what species, the best in finding forever, lasting love for all of their adoptees💞 

ETA: Anyone know if it's fact that Brandi is coming back? Maybe as a "friend of"? She'll definitely shake up these women, like it or not! And I would like it!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, lezlers said:

My favorite is Dorit describing the dog as taking a "HUGE chunk out of PK's nose!" then we see a tiny little scratch that could've been caused by shaving.  and SHE'S the one who provided the pic! That woman has ZERO shame.

To be fair to the puppy, PK does look like a pork chop...

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

And TBH in every argument Kyle gets in, I never understand her point of view or wtf her problem is.

I think part of the issue is she has no education nor much work experience.  It is EMOTE, EMOTE, EMOTE!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6