Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Lucy Lucy Apple Juicy

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, dosodog said:

I really think it depends on your priorities. 

Is selling stories more egregious than accepting the responsibility of adopting a pet (twice) and then getting rid of a pet (twice) because twice you didn't understand that puppies are actually, work?

IF LVP did in fact sell the stories, it's crap.  However, for me?  What the Kemsley family may have done is infinitely worse than selling stories.

And that's what I'll be judging the Ho Wives on this season. Which one are they more outraged about?  Selling stories or using a puppy and dumping it off without any concern.....

Since this fight will probably take up the arc of the entire season - I hope we get more details.

No one will come out having clean hands.

If it is true that Lucy bit Jagger, Phoenix, and Rotten Potato Head - then LVP's business is going to be questioned. What is the vetting process before a rescue is placed into a customers hands? What is the dog's history? How much time did the Kemsley's spend with Lucy at the Pepto Bismol Store?

I want to know when Dorit got Lucy and how long did she have Lucy before mystery lady took her. I want to know how long mystery lady had the dog before she dumped Lucy at the shelter.

Anyone know if Lucy was placed in a forever home?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Now Kyle is able to charter private jets, go on lavish vacations, buy Birkins left and right just like Lisa.  She has opportunities just like Lisa. She has nothing to be jealous of.

Kyle isn't the producer of her own successful tv show though, which means a lot in the thirsty bubble of "her town".

2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If Lisa took a hiatus from filming and she just stared blankly into the swimming pool, smoking Kools and drinking Maker's Mark from a highball glass day in and day out, I would care more.

FWIW, LVP did take a month off from work to grieve. 

Edited by gritz
  • Love 15
34 minutes ago, Jel said:

This year it looks like the "Lisa is a master manipulator" "Chess player" "sniper from the side" stuff is going way beyond.

Lisa says she didn't do something? No matter, we, the supporting cast of BHoBH say she did, so she did. Apparently LVP no longer gets so much as a say in what she does or thinks. Eyeroll!

The ladies can dress that shit up any way they like, and admitedly, they have fancified it up some, but it's still just a variant of gas lighting.  

Even if it is gas lighting, and if they are doing it, which I don't believe, the ladies have had 8 seasons of lessons from the master and now Lisa is learning how it feels from her own victims.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Somebody earlier in the thread (forgive me, poster, for not remembering who you were) said the tabloid involved denied Lisa was the source of the story. 

It might easily look that way - the whole glam,  high-end dog business side of things -- but (for what it's worth, not to try and change your mind) the proceeds from the store go to the rescue operation (and presumably, the new rescue facility in China, although that might be funded with Lisa money - no way they're  grooming enough dogs and selling enough chi-chi leashes to fund that as well - ??)  They've rescued more than puppies -- they've placed animals from Hurricane Harvey, the fires in Cali,  quick kill shelters, pitbulls, and strays like Goldie (hit on the highway and left for dead, and in need of hip surgery after the accident).   So when it comes to helping animals, I think LVP is the real deal, not a rich lady hobbyist making big bucks off grooming dogs. 

I'm sure the proceeds from selling all that dog bling is funneled right back into the rescue and if she's like most of us in rescue, she's reaching into her own pocket to help off-set expenses. But that doesn't preclude the point I feel LVP wanted to 'play' boutique owner and rescue wasn't the initial priority. And I say that because the store is more about the merchandise than the dogs who need new homes. I do also believe she's truly an animal lover and gives her own pets an amazing life. In my rescue community I'm surrounded by people who are genuine advocates but their rescue efforts are all about themselves. But as long as animals are being saved, it's all good.   

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, gritz said:

Kyle isn't the producer of her own successful tv show though, which means a lot in the thirsty bubble of "her town". 

Many pilots and shows fail to even get on the air. Kudos to her for her first, albeit her only season of her crap show. 

Kudos to her for having her store for so long  (6 years) while many fail within the first two, and she's going to open a different store later this year without the Alene Too partnership.

There is a possibility she may contemplate her show lasting only one season while on a private yacht off the coast if Capri or while she's recuperating from a party celebrating Mauricio opening yet another branch of The Agency. Don't think she's hurting for money nor lacking the a feeling of success.

I think she knows what's really important...  her girls & her husband. She seems to be a success there!

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

I'll stand by my statement. 

If a distinction is made between kingsley's attack and the puppies drawing of blood. Then shouldn't one be made between laughing if one of Michael Vick's abused dogs had bit him and laughing that a father was wounded by a small family pet if even inadvertantly? Would there be all the jokes if it was one of the children with the same injury? I think not.

I'm sorry you got injured by your dog. I believe you did and that it was an accident. I have no proof that it actually happened, I'm not challenging nor asking for any,  but I believe you. Likewise I'll also allow for the possiblity that the nipping/biting/scratching happened in their home and that it possibly wasn't an accident and they were afraid their very young children could be intentionally bit or inadvertantly scratched in the future. 

We don't know if it was a bite or a scratch PK received, we don't know if the dog actually nipped at the kids or not. But...

A small dog that in some form or fashion has drawn blood in a household with small children.  I'd get rid of the damn dog too. Not to a kill shelter or dump it but it would be gone and out of my home. I wouldn't risk the possibility of injuries to young children while the dog gets it's possible "small behavioral issues" hashed out.  

I don't like PK or Dorit, I think they are grifters. I think they should have gotten rid of the dog differently and handed it back to VPD. I'll fault them for that and smirk that they stupidly failed to do the obvious, easier action, but not for being injured.

FYI: I have been/am a long time mom to foundling puppies and kittens. We never bought pets save for a gold fish or two. They just showed up, were put in our path, or were given to us. One was an old beloved hunting dog, we gave her an easy life in her old age.

My pets are pets for life. I never got rid of one because it didn't fit but I understand if someone must responsibly re-home an animal.

Typing this as my big 9 year old black cat snores in my lap. I've just one furbaby now and I spoil him rotten.

While it hurt and I was annoyed to have a black eye, my partner and I laughed a lot about what happened with my pup. We started calling him “Sugar Ray” and we still laugh about it a year later because, ultimately, it wasn’t a big deal. My face healed, I didn’t require medical attention, my dog meant no harm whatsoever, and he’s now more careful. So, yes, I laugh about it quite a lot. I grew up with dogs and cats and we played with them and they never tried to hurt me (except maybe my new rescue kitten who scratched me up when I tried to bathe her and that still wasn’t a big deal), but I’m sure I ended up with some scrapes or scratches that I can’t possibly remember while running around and playing with them or when they still had puppy teeth. I’ve also had to deal with truly violent dogs that attacked my childhood dog when walking and I’ve broken up attacks of other people’s dogs. I didn’t laugh at those situations because those dogs were actually dangerous.

I agree with you in the sense that I think it is fine and even advisable that they give the dog back to Lisa. Dogs are work and a commitment. They require training, diligence, love and patience. Dorit and PK are not capable of this. But I still am not sure what actually happened with Lucy because Dorit and PK are grifters who lie about everything. And I still believe if their children were injured, we would have seen photos. So I laugh because it’s PK and Dorit and they are famewhores on a reality show who tend to lie and exaggerate. And whatever that was on PK’s nose was not a substantive injury and probably happened as a result of his own ineptitude. Again, to me, this is nothing like Kingsley who had demonstrably harmed multiple people with intent and caused serious injuries.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, nexxie said:

After all these years of watching, I really think LVP enjoys playing with Kyle, who tends to be reactive due to her background. Lisa also enjoys setting up drama (planting ideas about Teddi in Dorit’s mind), and poking people where she knows it will hurt (Eileen’s beginnings with her husband). It’s not the others who envy LVP, but the other way around.

What I think happened was that the Kemsleys adopted 2 dogs from Vanderpump Pets. They knew immediately that one of them wasn't going to work out. They returned that dog nearly immediately. LVP probably gave them her typical amount of jokey shit for it. A couple of months later Lucy bit PK's face, which occurred after Lucy had been nipping at the family for a while. This was probably too much for the Kemsleys especially because they have small children who may not necessarily understand how to deal with the dog. I wouldn't be surprised if they were reluctant to send the dog back to Vanderpump Dogs because of the shit LVP and her staff would likely give them. They thought that they could avoid this by rehoming the dog with someone else who seemed to want the dog and maybe made assurances that she could handle it. She couldn't.

As we've seen with Kyle blowing up in this episode, sometimes LVP's shady jokey barbs can get to a person after a while. When LVP aims her sights on you, it's not a comfortable place to be. She dramatically tells John to let it go, but literally never brings the hammer down in the way we've seen her actually do on Vanderpump Rules with Jax, Kristen, James, Stassi, the Toms, and even with Brittany when Brittany was making her claim about LVP caring about money more than people. LVP was fucking livid and she shut Brittany up. She barely tried with John.

I'm not saying that what PK and Dorit did was OK. But if they were trying to avoid this type of shit from LVP, I understand why they did it.

For fans of Vanderpump Rules, how hilarious was it to see Raquel in the background of most of that fight? Was it about the pasta? Did she want some chicken? I'm sorry I called you a twat. You're welcome.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, smores said:

As for Kyle, I've never forgotten her failed "Bum Makeover" pilot.  She can try to act like she's the classiest person and above everyone, but, she really is the person who thought that would make good tv.  She's not capable of having empathy for others, she's only worried about getting hers.  

Oh my god oh my god I will never forget that!  She's DISGUSTING.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

While it hurt and I was annoyed to have a black eye, my partner and I laughed a lot about what happened with my pup. We started calling him “Sugar Ray” and we still laugh about it a year later because, ultimately, it wasn’t a big deal. My face healed, I didn’t require medical attention, my dog meant no harm whatsoever, and he’s now more careful. So, yes, I laugh about it quite a lot. I grew up with dogs and cats and we played with them and they never tried to hurt me (except maybe my new rescue kitten who scratched me up when I tried to bathe her and that still wasn’t a big deal), but I’m sure I ended up with some scrapes or scratches that I can’t possibly remember while running around and playing with them or when they still had puppy teeth. I’ve also had to deal with truly violent dogs that attacked my childhood dog when walking and I’ve broken up attacks of other people’s dogs. I didn’t laugh at those situations because those dogs were actually dangerous.

I agree with you in the sense that I think it is fine and even advisable that they give the dog back to Lisa. Dogs are work and a commitment. They require training, diligence, love and patience. Dorit and PK are not capable of this. But I still am not sure what actually happened with Lucy because Dorit and PK are grifters who lie about everything. And I still believe if their children were injured, we would have seen photos. So I laugh because it’s PK and Dorit and they are famewhores on a reality show who tend to lie and exaggerate. And whatever that was on PK’s nose was not a substantive injury and probably happened as a result of his own ineptitude. Again, to me, this is nothing like Kingsley who had demonstrably harmed multiple people with intent and caused serious injuries.

I think we agree for the most part except on how we view this instance of a dog injuring an owner.

Just because there were no photographed injuries to the kids doesn't mean that aggression didn't happen,  it could have growled, snaped at them or nipped at them and got only clothing. It wasn't photograph worthy or it happened so fast it couldn't be caught on video. We don't even know what caused the dog to do that to the kids, if it did happen. I believe it did.  Little kids have a lot of energy and a puppy may wrongly feel the need for self protection. They both have to be trained to be around each other and live together.

I don't interact with a friend's little dog because it shows possessive aggression toward everybody. It's never bit me but it growls and has snapped at me a time or two, once as I was just reaching for my glass from a side table & not even in the dogs direction. I've seen it go after others. I wasn't injured, no photographs or videos but it happened and I don't trust the dog. 

After an inadvertent scratch, or whatever, that caused blood and a fear of it possibly happening to the kids it became enough for that family to let the dog go. They let Lisa know the next day that they gave it away. Lisa must have been ok with that. They should have given the dog right back to VPD.

They are all Fame whores. Not just the grifters.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Dorito really needs to sell one of her Birkins for a clue because if you don't want your personal business aired, you don't go on a reality show.   I'd be mortified to admit on camera that yeah, sure, I signed a contract but it's not like I read what it said or anything.  No wonder she and PK are in so much financial trouble.  They're both chucklefucks.

Dorito found herself in Utah?  Was she missing?  Funny how her "casual" vacation photos look like magazine photo shoots.  And yet again we hear here talk about how she has children at home waiting for her.  Blah, blah, blah.  We heard the same line when she jumped off the boat Kyle and Mauricio rented for a handbag.   Apparently anything that doesn't include shopping and eating out is life or death to Dorito. 

So now Dorito is going to be pissed at Teddi over Lucygate, even though Teddi really said nothing.  If anything, Kyle was harping on it moreso but Dorito and PK were wrong in the situation.  If the dog had bitten both children and PK in the face, besides giving Lucy a high-five for going after PK, I'm sure that Dorito could have called Lisa to explain what was going on and Lisa would have quickly and without argument, taken the dog back.   I also think that Kyle was in the wrong to continue to go on and on about it when LVP clearly did not want to discuss it and was still grieving over her brother. 

And what was going on with that bathing suit at the pool party?  Ye gods.  I thought her boob was going to go rogue and poke someone's eye out. 

I usually like Teddi but she gave her 3 year old son a phone?  WTF?  And no way would I let him talk to me the way he was snapping at her and ordering her to get his phone.  Nope.  His smarmy little ass would be getting dragged out of the pool and his day would be over.  No reason for that.  And while the views in her new house are nice, totally not my style at all.  Doesn't look warm and inviting in the slightest.

When did Rinna become chummy with Erika and Dorito?  I love how she had plastic grocery store bags over her cheese and crackers outside -- done that!  Have to say that in terms of looking lived in and like an actual home, the Hamlin/Rinna house is my favorite.  I hope we'll get to see Denise's house.

I've always liked Denise - -she seems like a very cool, down to earth chick.   The season previews made it appear that Kim attempts to come for her.  Good luck with that, Kim! Denise was married to Charlie Sheen, I think she can handle herself.

Erika can miss me with her claims of liking to hug.  Since when?  

Hi Camille!  I hope we'll see more of her.  I don't need to see more of Brandi.

My heart breaks for LVP over the loss of her brother.  Tragic.  

Her friendship or "friendship" with Kyle is exhausting.  They are always fighting, apologizing, crying over something.  Maybe they should realize it's just too much work for them.   

I have a suspicion they will be as valuable as Taylor's.  For those that forgot, she had to sell them because of a lawsuit and found out they were counterfeit (I think she knew all along).

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

What I think happened was that the Kemsleys adopted 2 dogs from Vanderpump Pets. They knew immediately that one of them wasn't going to work out. They returned that dog nearly immediately. LVP probably gave them her typical amount of jokey shit for it. A couple of months later Lucy bit PK's face, which occurred after Lucy had been nipping at the family for a while. This was probably too much for the Kemsleys especially because they have small children who may not necessarily understand how to deal with the dog. I wouldn't be surprised if they were reluctant to send the dog back to Vanderpump Dogs because of the shit LVP and her staff would likely give them. They thought that they could avoid this by rehoming the dog with someone else who seemed to want the dog and maybe made assurances that she could handle it. She couldn't.

As we've seen with Kyle blowing up in this episode, sometimes LVP's shady jokey barbs can get to a person after a while. When LVP aims her sights on you, it's not a comfortable place to be. She dramatically tells John to let it go, but literally never brings the hammer down in the way we've seen her actually do on Vanderpump Rules with Jax, Kristen, James, Stassi, the Toms, and even with Brittany when Brittany was making her claim about LVP caring about money more than people. LVP was fucking livid and she shut Brittany up. She barely tried with John.

I'm not saying that what PK and Dorit did was OK. But if they were trying to avoid this type of shit from LVP, I understand why they did it.

For fans of Vanderpump Rules, how hilarious was it to see Raquel in the background of most of that fight? Was it about the pasta? Did she want some chicken? I'm sorry I called you a twat. You're welcome.

I did not recognize Raquel.  She could stand right next me on Monday night and I don't think I'd recognize her unless she was standing next to James. Maybe....

Wait!  Why was she there?  I've got my Detective Cap on.....Maybe Raquel planted the stories to help enable, I mean fund James' family!

And then? Raquel would have a real storyline.

Edited by dosodog
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, dosodog said:

She sells workout clothes and accessories on her website.  Maybe QVC will bring her on.  She's promoting Rinner's clothes from the Q on Twitter.  She could start an accountability line of clothes. 

And keep Edwin in fancy sports cars!

She can call it Activability - Hah!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

You've got to be kidding me 

There is no gaslighting happening.

The ladies are holding Lisa accountable for something she has done. Lisa doesn't like it and has isolated herself from the group except for the newbie. It's just like when she left the island when everybody figured out she was the one behind behind magazine-gate. 

She never wants to take responsibility for the shit she pulls. Even to the point of Kyle publicly saying "I'm asking you not to lie!"

Lisa has done this to herself.

Edited to add: Lisa was even up to it again with Kyle in the straight out of the gate "I wish you had come." Iregards  to her party Lisa again tried to put her in a bad light and Kyle wasn't having it. She wasn't going to take Lisa's shit.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8
On 2/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, Dance4Life said:

How can LVPD even enforced the $5,000 fine?   Which I am assuming is for not returning dog to LVPD for it to be rehome.

Written contracts are enforced in court all day every day. $5k is within the jurisdictional maximum of small claims court, but assuming that the contract has an attorneys' fees clause, they could file to enforce in LA Superior, limited jurisdiction. 

On 2/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, AttackTurtle said:

https://realityblurb.com/2018/10/23/32-million-home-lawsuit-against-rhobh-star-kyle-richards-husband-mauricio-umansky-to-be-dismissed-after-mauricio-reaches-deal/

I’m a lawyer and I can tell you that this case looked messy as hell and not good for Mauricio, who I generally like.

That's definitely a good one to have settled, but his big problem is the one with the sellers of the house. This was just with his insurer over their duty to defend. For a while I practiced exclusively in real estate failure to disclose litigation in CA, representing real estate agents and brokers. It's just a horrible idea to purchase a property where you're representing the buyer or seller. This became an issue on MDL:NY, and there Steve did the right thing and sent the better offer to his client, who accepted it. It is black letter law in California that ALL offers, ALL, must be presented to the client. 

But my big takeaway is that Mauricio was woefully underinsured. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

It's just a horrible idea to purchase a property where you're representing the buyer or seller. This became an issue on MDL:NY, and there Steve did the right thing and sent the better offer to his client, who accepted it. It is black letter law in California that ALL offers, ALL, must be presented to the client.

You mean buyer and seller don't you.

1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I did not recognize Raquel.  She could stand right next me on Monday night and I don't think I'd recognize her unless she was standing next to James. Maybe....

Wait!  Why was she there?  I've got my Detective Cap on.....Maybe Raquel planted the stories to help enable, I mean fund James' family!

And then? Raquel would have a real storyline.

In season 6 episode 2 of Vanderpump Rules, James and Raquel meet with Lisa after one of James' many firings. Raquel asks for a job at Vanderpump Dogs. Lisa asks for her qualifications. Raquel explains with her experience of attending college, having seen dogs, and long history of staring and blinking that she's an excellent fit for Vanderpump Dogs. Lisa hears this and basically responds "Ummmmmmmm...none of what you've described would be remotely useful. How about you try volunteering."

I assume Raquel was there volunteering. I recognized her from the staring and blinking. Much like Teresa Giudice, it's Raquel's blue steel.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, smores said:

Teddi was hired by Jeff Lewis on Flipping Out this past season to be his coach when he wanted to lose weight.  (Bravo has had a big push to get everyone cross promoted lately, and yes, I watch pretty much everything).  Teddi came to Jeff's house and she outlined a 2 week eating plan, specified that he was not to have ANY alcohol, what the workouts would be like and that he had to text pictures of every meal by a certain time and also the scale each day.  If he missed a single text, he would be out of the program.  He was very interested in finding out if he hit his goal weight at the 11 day mark, could he have some alcohol then? She basically told him he was committing to 2 weeks and he'd be breaking his deal to himself.  Teddi isn't the trainer that they work out with, though, she just gets the texts and replies maybe saying to not eat part of something, etc.  I think she said she has 30 trainers and 500 clients under her, so I'm guessing maybe she refers the clients (who text her the pictures of the food, the workout info and scale photos), to the trainers and then maybe she gets a referral? Or perhaps she's training the trainers to handle some of the texts and then send reports to her? Who knows, it strikes me as one of those extra people you'd hire if you have the money to add to getting a meal delivery and a personal trainer so that you basically don't have to think about it at all.  

Radar Online has stated that Lisa is not the one who gave them the statement.  Lisa did, multiple times, at VDPD, tell her employee to not discuss it, because she didn't want the story to get out, and then Kyle kept asking questions.  Teddi is the one who brought the story back up after Lisa shut it down, because Teddi turned to her daughter and said "Do you recognize her?"  And then, after all was said and done, Lisa said that the issue was already handled and that she was confident that it wasn't Dorit's fault and it was OVER.  

Interestingly enough, though, it can't all be blamed on Lisa for it coming out, since we're also shown Dorit explaining the situation to Erika.  So, even if the story hadn't been told at VDPD, we'd have had the scene at Erika's telling Dorit's side.  Or, hey, what about the scene between Lisa, Ken, PK and Dorit at the restaurant?  So it's not like there's this explosive bombshell that we only know about because Lisa engineered it's release while feigning shock that her employee would tell it.  After all, her employee shut it down when she said to, it was TEDDI who brought it back up with her own daughter, and if she hadn't, well, he wouldn't have said anything.  So, where is Miss Accountability now?  Oh, pointing fingers at Lisa?

Kyle also needs to be careful about saying that Lisa lies and is trying to set her up.  In her own blog she says: 

When I returned from Europe, I spoke with Teddi who mentioned going to a Daily Mail party at Tom Tom. I recalled getting an invitation from The Daily Mail but was confused, because I knew Tom Tom wasn’t open yet and Lisa never reached out to me or mentioned any party. To err on the side of caution, I called Lisa and asked her about the party. 

Then she says:

So I reminded her that she told me she didn’t invite anyone (Daily Mail invited Teddi) and it wasn’t her party.

Somehow it's Lisa didn't invite her, it wasn't Lisa's party, the place wasn't open, Lisa is being a bitch to her, she is there for all of her friends, don't make her look bad, and yet, she already said she DID get the invitation she later said she didn't get and only Teddi did.  Also, all Lisa said at VDPDs was "I wish you'd been there" and then was cut off before she could say anything else.  She could have been saying "I wish you'd been there, we had your favorite cake and I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to have it" or something along those lines, but Kyle jumped in to rip her a new one.  And even if she wasn't, for someone who claims she is SUCH a good friend to everyone, sure, it's not a big thing to miss a party because of a trip, but why would you rip apart a friend that you know is so fragile from such a huge big loss?  Wouldn't you give them a bit of leeway? 

Kyle also wrote that Lisa had also been  taking shots at her before VPD with statements after the party such as...

" “Oh, you’re with the friend who showed up to support me," referring to the Daily Mail party."

The friend being Teddi. And later Kyle states it was exactly why she called to clarify in the first instance.  Some time after that she called Lisa again to clarify further because Lisa was up to her old tricks and Kyle told her "not to look for problems..."

" So I reminded her that she told me she didn’t invite anyone (Daily Mail invited Teddi) and it wasn’t her party.  To which she replied, “I don’t have to look. [for problems] I didn’t invite anyone, but some just show up and I love them for it...Teddy Bear." " 

Then Lisa brings it up again on camera to make Kyle look bad and that's why Kyle got pissed. 

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-9/season-9/blogs/kyle-richards/kyle-richards-i-knew-she

• Love 7

Sure, but that's when Kyle calls to tell Lisa she's going to finally come by to see TomTom and Lisa tells her she's not there.  So then Kyle says she'll come see Lisa where she is, at which point Lisa says, no, I'm at dinner with Ken, so don't show up.  Kyle then persists in saying she's with Teddi and they were going to stop by and Lisa then says oh, the one who supported me?  It's not like she just said that out of nowhere.  Kyle wanted to be a good friend when Kyle had time to, not when it worked well for Lisa.  She didn't just say, "Oh, that sucks, could you get together on Tuesday then? I'm free and I really want to see what you've done with TT!" That's what I'd do with a friend I wanted to get together with.

• Love 8

I didn't see Lisa V lying about anything regarding Dorit and the dog incident last night. The only mischaracterization seemed to come from Kyle.  

It looked to me that Lisa was being kind about wishing Kyle was at her opening deal with Tom Tom....It was a Daily Mail function, but, in Lisa's place.  Kyle and she may have miscommunicated. I've never seen it as diss when someone said they missed me.  Kyle seemed to overreact, imo.  Maybe, I missed something. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, smores said:

Sure, but that's when Kyle calls to tell Lisa she's going to finally come by to see TomTom and Lisa tells her she's not there.  So then Kyle says she'll come see Lisa where she is, at which point Lisa says, no, I'm at dinner with Ken, so don't show up.  Kyle then persists in saying she's with Teddi and they were going to stop by and Lisa then says oh, the one who supported me?  It's not like she just said that out of nowhere.  Kyle wanted to be a good friend when Kyle had time to, not when it worked well for Lisa.  She didn't just say, "Oh, that sucks, could you get together on Tuesday then? I'm free and I really want to see what you've done with TT!" That's what I'd do with a friend I wanted to get together with.

Kyle said she teased that she and Teddy were going to come by. It wasn't catty like Lisa response.   

"Oh, you’re with the friend who showed up to support me,"

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xtwheeler said:

That's definitely a good one to have settled, but his big problem is the one with the sellers of the house. This was just with his insurer over their duty to defend. For a while I practiced exclusively in real estate failure to disclose litigation in CA, representing real estate agents and brokers. It's just a horrible idea to purchase a property where you're representing the buyer or seller. This became an issue on MDL:NY, and there Steve did the right thing and sent the better offer to his client, who accepted it. It is black letter law in California that ALL offers, ALL, must be presented to the client. 

But my big takeaway is that Mauricio was woefully underinsured. 

Was it a matter of being underinsured?  I took it more that the insurance company thought he was wrong (had committed fraud), in the dealing itself and therefore weren't required to represent him or pay out any lawsuit.  I'm sincerely asking, I'm not being snarky, to be clear.  I don't fully understand the whole thing, just kind of the top line details, and that it is bad news for him to have the suit out there.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

Activability by Teddi.  Made with Cuntkins by Ericka.

LOL - I love it - Erika's product line is expanding so fast! 

it needs a tagline.  filmnoire!  anyone?

Activability: Keeping you Accuntable!

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Kyle said she teased that she and Teddy were going to come by. It wasn't catty like Lisa response.   

"Oh, you’re with the friend who showed up to support me,"

Great example of the shitty things Lisa says with the intention to hurt.

• Love 7

I find it hard to like anything about Dorit and PK, and I don't find them to be at all credible about things like the break in.  For that reason, it pains me to say this, but I do believe that they told Lisa they rehomed the dog, and she acted fine with it.  I watched her act, maybe not "fine with it" but certainly ready to move on from it with my own eyes at the dinner they showed last night.

If I had to guess, I would say Dorit and PK didn't bring the dog back to VP dogs because they didn't want to be talked into exchanging Lucy for a new dog.  Because they are selfish prats or because they'd already tried two dogs that didn't work out- or because of both of those things, I think that's why they rehomed the dog, so that the issue of them having a dog is over and done with.  I don't like them, but I'm willing to assume they didn't think the dog would end up in a shelter. 

I think Lisa probably did act like she was ok with their course of action, but likely wasn't at the time and really wasn't when it all blew up and the dog was found in a shelter.  I think she was completely fine with her employee talking about it on camera, and I think she was shady as all get out when she relayed the scene to Dorit and implied that the real problem was that Teddi knew about the dog.

I completely believe Lisa is a sniper from the side, and I'm sure she has never contacted Radaronline directly, but I have no trouble believing she orchestrates it.  And while I said that I just don't like PK and Dorit, I actually do like LVP, and I view this sort of behavior as part and parcel of being a successful candid reality TV star.  When I choose who to "like" on these shows, it's not always who I think would make the best true friend in real life.  Often my criteria is simply "who gives me good TV"

I am really surprised that anyone would go so strongly after a woman whose brother just committed suicide.  Partly because of the inhumanity of it, and partly because it doesn't play well in public review.  Lisa must have really screwed up royally for them to be this comfortable taking her on at this point in time.  I'm curious to see this season take shape.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Jel said:

This year it looks like the "Lisa is a master manipulator" "Chess player" "sniper from the side" stuff is going way beyond.

Lisa says she didn't do something? No matter, we, the supporting cast of BHoBH say she did, so she did. Apparently LVP no longer gets so much as a say in what she does or thinks. Eyeroll!

The ladies can dress that shit up any way they like, and admitedly, they have fancified it up some, but it's still just a variant of gas lighting.  

47 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

I completely believe Lisa is a sniper from the side, and I'm sure she has never contacted Radaronline directly, but I have no trouble believing she orchestrates it.  And while I said that I just don't like PK and Dorit, I actually do like LVP, and I view this sort of behavior as part and parcel of being a successful candid reality TV star.  When I choose who to "like" on these shows, it's not always who I think would make the best true friend in real life.  Often my criteria is simply "who gives me good TV"

I am really surprised that anyone would go so strongly after a woman whose brother just committed suicide.  Partly because of the inhumanity of it, and partly because it doesn't play well in public review.  Lisa must have really screwed up royally for them to be this comfortable taking her on at this point in time.  I'm curious to see this season take shape.

For all who have used Erika's line of describing LVP as a sniper from the side in their post. I always think of this and crack up

giphy.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

My thoughts are that Lisa was pissed when Dorit called and said that they had given the dog away, but, she took what Dorit said about finding it a lovely home at face value.  Dorit (based on what we know about them having already returned another dog), knew she should have brought it back to VDPD, but, opted to rehome it.  Assuming Dorit had found the dog a good home and the person who got the dog loved it and took good care of it, then all would have been fine.  So I think Lisa was likely pissed about it, but, there's not much you could do other than demand the $5k, and, well, it's Dorit and PK.  It's not like they have it, she'd have been stuck with having Boy George perform at Sur in lieu of payment.

But, then the dog turns up at a shelter and that changed everything.  Lisa still made the only real decision she could, given the longstanding friendship and the working relationship due to the show, to accept the story at face value that they had gotten the dog a good home and had no idea that this would happen.  Still you would kind of hope that they would be super remorseful and want to bend over backwards to try to remedy the situation and the fact is that so far Dorit and PK are all "How DARE you say that we didn't treat this dog well?"  I would kind of think they'd be more likely to be "OMG! I'm mortified, we truly thought the person that took the dog was going to care for them and had no clue this would happen.  I'm so sorry."  

I also wonder what the story is with the dog and the biting, to be honest.  There are people that I've known who have had dogs who were very well trained and then there are people that I know who have animals that are terrors.  They are the people who take their dogs out for a walk and the dog jumps up on any random person who walks by and they laugh and are like "Oh, isn't it cute, they're so friendly! Haha!" They all but knock down someone who comes in their house and they're all "Look at them, making friends!"  I'm kind of of the opinion that PK and Dorit likely didn't bother to do any training with the dog, or set any rules with the kids and the dog and it didn't turn out very well.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 2/13/2019 at 2:13 PM, ghoulina said:

You just made me choke on my water. 

But, seriously, I have to wonder about Teddi's career  as well. She said she now has "30 coaches and over 100 clients". So she has other coaches under her? But she doesn't own a gym or anything. Does she just TRAIN other people in how to coach the clients? It sounds a little pyramid-schemish, to me. 

Go to her website. She has a partner, too. I read briefly.

It sounds like you sign up and they create a workout and meal plan.

I think she said the conversation is only by text.

Then every day you text a photo of yourself to the accountability coach. 

This is the accountability part.

So, yea, she needs that many ‘Coaches’ to receive those texts and account for.

There was nothing on how you become a coach, etc. I don’t know how that parts work.  If you get your own clients or Teddi provides them, etc.

I guess for someone who struggles to lose weight....this is an option for them.

The price was steep for the short amount of time you were coached.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Written contracts are enforced in court all day every day. $5k is within the jurisdictional maximum of small claims court, but assuming that the contract has an attorneys' fees clause, they could file to enforce in LA Superior, limited jurisdiction. 

This makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines the $5,000 is not worth LVP time or money.

Dorit won’t pay it, anyways.

If Dorit just wants to squash it.  She will say a sincere apology.

Donate some money to LVPD to show she truly is sorry, supports rescues, respects LVPs work, loves dogs, has a heart, admit she acted selfish.......you know? ........All that jazz!

Instead, there is Dorit in her head-to-toe Gucci costumes, 80’s hair perm.....with her nose in the air!

LVP is easy to forgive and that gesture of goodwill towards LVPD can repair this fight!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Jel said:

I've been watching this show from the beginning, and I just don't see the Bobby Fisher moves. But let's say they are there and I'm just too stupid to see it -- how effective are her masterful manipulations? It's Lisa who always seems to get the blow back.  Kyle's always there exposing Lisa's (alleged) hidden agenda! 

So the dog thing is Lisa saying "Let's not talk about the dog" But secretly, beforehand, she told her employee to bring out the dog and make everyone aware that it was Dorit's dog? So Lisa would appear innocent and just too sweet and too kind to bring up the issue, but was secretly mean enough to make sure that the world see that Dorit had dumped (attempted to rehome) a dog? Is that the gist of it?

And in her chess moves, Lisa now takes the shit storm away from the actual crap thing that Dorit did, and places it squarely on herself for the crime of letting people know the truth. And even though, as the owner of a dog rescue, she's well within her rights to make an issue out it, and say as much, on camera, in a teachable moment about how to responsibly deal with a rescue dog that didn't work out, she instead chooses to no, miss that opportunity so she can instead get an employee to later mention it to Kyle and Teddi to make Dorit look bad? When Dorit already looks plenty bad without any help from Lisa? To me, that seems like a real stretch.

But even if that is all true, and she did secretly arrange to get the employee to bring it up, let's ask the question of what's worse, dumping a dog (when she should have returned it to VPD) or cagily letting the truth out there? In this case, Lisa's alleged "crime" would be arranging the surreptitious reveal of an actual, factual event while Dorit's is an act of selfish irresponsibility with the life of a dog (and the violation of a contract).  But somehow Lisa is the one who comes away from this whole thing looking bad.

Seriously, if one wants to study how to be a masterful manipulator, I'd recommend looking elsewhere: given the outcomes, Lisa does not seem to be very good at it

We all know Dorit the grifter fucked up by not just giving the dog back. Done, agreed. But...

If Lisa seriously, SERIOUSLY, wanted it to drop. That fucking dog wouldn't have been on our TV screens Monday night. 

They brought the dog out for a reason. 

She made no serious effort to shut it down. She didn't tell John to "Shut the fuck up!" or "Take the dog away!"

I believe Kyle when in her blog she said "When John Sessa from Vanderpump Dogs asked me if I recognized the dog, I had no clue whose dog that was. It was clear to me they wanted me to know the story about Doritand the dog. Lisa was saying, “We aren’t going to talk about it,” but they brought the dog out for a reason. I watched as they did this song and dance about the dog and “not wanting to talk about it.” Meanwhile, I was told the entire story." 

Lisa actions showed her true intent  She didn't shut the Johns down. That dog was camera ready. She wanted and she got the story out. 

It's shit like this that wrecks her credibility.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Jel said:

I've been watching this show from the beginning, and I just don't see the Bobby Fisher moves. But let's say they are there and I'm just too stupid to see it -- how effective are her masterful manipulations? It's Lisa who always seems to get the blow back.  Kyle's always there exposing Lisa's (alleged) hidden agenda! 

Lisa never gets the blow back because she will Normally have one of her employees or someone else "around her" do the deed to take the heat of her or throw someone else under the bus to get herself out of the hot seat she always has someone that can be used for collateral damage and save herself . its always a very convenient way that she is just one step away from the shit stirrer smiling but trying to keep her hands clean ... that can only save you for so long till people start to notice the ONE thing that Always ties it all together in all these accusations is LISA... she literally is the common denominator in all of it either with the person being a "friend" or "employee" or "family"  its Always someone IN HER CIRCLE who is conveniently spilling the "tea" to the public .....you would think by now she would vet people around her a little better if its always "their" fault ..... and that has worked for her up until now. This is the first time EVER that all the girls it seems sense something off and don't buy her shit .... lets see how this plays out

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5

It seems to me that what is often forgotten, is that this show is for entertainment. While there my be some "natural" storylines, it is producer driven. Ask the kids from the Hills.  Production wanted the story out there. If you really want your private life private, you don't do a reality show with cameras following you. Cameras that are waiting for the call from the other HW's because they have "produced" it.  Maybe Lisa did say, bring the dog out. Is that so shocking in this world and production??

PK actually knew how to handle the lunch, he took the sting out of it by saying we should have returned it to LVD. Thereby, story over and Lisa did end it.

Kyle could have said, Oh Lisa, you are being so silly. Or Oh Lisa,  yes Teddi is the supportive one. Or oh Lisa, but I was there everyday  supporting you when the tragedy happened. You take the sting out you don't have a fit for the cameras. You actually take away the moment. You would think after all these season she would not be such a sucker . But I guess to Kyle, her truth, is more important.  Or maybe, wait a minute I a a great manipulator !

Edited by missyb
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, missyb said:

PK actually knew how to handle the lunch, he took the sting out of it by saying we should have returned it to LVD. Thereby, story over and Lisa did end it.

That had to sting when PK declared himself LVP's best friend.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 2/13/2019 at 4:26 AM, MrsWitter said:

As many have said, it’s explicit in every contract for adoption that you return the animal to the rescue. That’s why the name of the rescue/shelter stays on the microchip and can’t be removed. Dorit acts like she missed some tiny line in a 100-page contract. It’s also just common sense- if a dog has behavioral problems (and I’m still not convinced this dog does have true behavioral problems because ANY dog can bite if put in the wrong circumstances), you don’t rehome the dog yourself. You bring the dog back to the experts who can figure out what’s happening and find a more suitable home for the dog.

On 2/13/2019 at 4:26 AM, MrsWitter said:

I actually think Lisa was relatively calm about it. And I don’t think that Lisa’s employee was overreacting in the slightest. When you work in rescue, you see the worst of humanity. You deal with defenseless animals who have been abused, dumped, starved, etc. And you deal with the reality every single day that, no matter how hard you work, you can’t save them all because people suck. It’s heartbreaking work. I’ve fostered dogs. And one did end up with a friend of mine after I spent months getting her healthy and working through her fears. If I found out that dog ended up in a shelter, that person would not be my friend any longer and I probably would tell anyone I could about it.

This x 1,000!!  Dorit & PK obviously have no clue how serious of an issue this is. You get publicity for treating an innocent animal poorly, and it's not going to end well. I wouldn't need to read the contract to have enough common sense to know to return the dog to the rescue center I got him from. Especially if a FRIEND owns the rescue center! Did she think Lisa would never ask her about the dog in the next decade?? She's playing dumb to get away with her shitty behavior. I lost any respect I had left for them...which wasn't much...especially after seeing how unprofessionally PK behaved on Million Dollar Listing. These two act like they don't have to follow any rules because they are above everyone else, and they are getting a reputation around town as being very bad to do business with. Pisses me off that they owe money to multiple people, even filed bankrupt, yet are making ridiculously expensive purchases on camera, to make it look like they are filthy rich, trying to fit in. So phoney and pretentious. Yuck!

Edited by SallySarue
Originally quoted more text than I meant to.
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, Jel said:

So the dog thing is Lisa saying "Let's not talk about the dog" But secretly, beforehand, she told her employee to bring out the dog and make everyone aware that it was Dorit's dog? So Lisa would appear innocent and just too sweet and too kind to bring up the issue, but was secretly mean enough to make sure that the world see that Dorit had dumped (attempted to rehome) a dog? Is that the gist of it?

And in her chess moves, Lisa now takes the shit storm away from the actual crap thing that Dorit did, and places it squarely on herself for the crime of letting people know the truth. And even though, as the owner of a dog rescue, she's well within her rights to make an issue out it, and say as much, on camera, in a teachable moment about how to responsibly deal with a rescue dog that didn't work out, she instead chooses to no, miss that opportunity so she can instead get an employee to later mention it to Kyle and Teddi to make Dorit look bad? When Dorit already looks plenty bad without any help from Lisa? To me, that seems like a real stretch.

But even if that is all true, and she did secretly arrange to get the employee to bring it up, let's ask the question of what's worse, dumping a dog (when she should have returned it to VPD) or cagily letting the truth out there? In this case, Lisa's alleged "crime" would be arranging the surreptitious reveal of an actual, factual event while Dorit's is an act of selfish irresponsibility with the life of a dog (and the violation of a contract).  But somehow Lisa is the one who comes away from this whole thing looking bad.

Seriously, if one wants to study how to be a masterful manipulator, I'd recommend looking elsewhere: given the outcomes, Lisa does not seem to be very good at it

Excellent points.  And to think that some knuckle heads at Bravo thought this would be a dynamic storyline! lol  Oh my......I can see why LVP often appears to be biting nails between her teeth.  To have to play long with this BS must be so frustrating.  Well, she is free to leave I suppose.  They aren't required to stay on these shows.  I guess there are various reasons for them to stay on.  Vanity and notoriety are two possible reasons.  I can't imagine she's doing it for the money. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

I just wish LVP had never gotten her dog charities involved with the show. 

LVP’s charities (her dogs and “her gays”) are part of a carefully curated image - they wouldn’t work as well without the media attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

You can say a lot of things about Lisa but there is no doubt that she loves animals. Dogs in particular.

Grifters like Dorito know how to throw up a smokescreen to cover their bad behavior. They were totally wrong to not return the dog to Lisa’s shelter as they were contractually bound to do. Contracts don’t mean much to them. So she has to go around gathering allies like Erica who has her own problems that she wants to cover up so she is on board. Rinna wants to be relevant so she will join in.  Kyle will take any opportunity to play the victim and fight with Lisa. Teddy is a nonentity.

Denise is an interesting case. She is taking an opposite approach to what Yolanda did when she came on the show. She is trying yo be on Lisa’s side instead of setting up her own team of sycophants. Denise could easily line up Rinna and Dorito and Teddy to have a power base. She could even get Kyle on her team. But she seems to be siding with Lisa. I think that is pretty smart because there is no show without Lisa. 

Edited by langford peel
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
On 2/13/2019 at 8:21 AM, Dance4Life said:

Denise is also a pro marijuana Mommy.  She does seem like a good mom but what woman would choose Charlie with his history.  Not love!  She divorced him while pregnant with #2.

A lot of her dirty laundry is out there! 

LOL, this cracked me up. So, she's a mom and supports pot? The horror! It IS legal. You'd be surprised by how many regular people in your own life use pot, and how it's not a big deal and how it doesn't reflect on their character. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, smores said:

I also wonder what the story is with the dog and the biting, to be honest.  There are people that I've known who have had dogs who were very well trained and then there are people that I know who have animals that are terrors.  They are the people who take their dogs out for a walk and the dog jumps up on any random person who walks by and they laugh and are like "Oh, isn't it cute, they're so friendly! Haha!" They all but knock down someone who comes in their house and they're all "Look at them, making friends!"  I'm kind of of the opinion that PK and Dorit likely didn't bother to do any training with the dog, or set any rules with the kids and the dog and it didn't turn out very well.  

I agree. There's really no reason to assume this dog is a an aggressive dog, or prone to biting. ALL animals can bite/scratch whatever in certain situations. Who knows what really went on? Maybe they let the kids constantly pick up the dog, pull its tails and ears, left them unsupervised together, etc. 

• Love 8

I have changed my opinion on the Lisa V./ Kyle dynamic upon rewatching this episode. It looks to me like they are just kind of over each other. Whatever, it happens in some of the best of friendships. Friendships shouldn't be that much hard work and it appears that this one is. I have a couple like that where it gets to a point where it just feels like you are trying too hard and it all seems forced. It's the side-taking by the rest of them that seems producer/show driven. The need to have 'alliances'. (ugh)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

We all know Dorit the grifter fucked up by not just giving the dog back. Done, agreed. But...

If Lisa seriously, SERIOUSLY, wanted it to drop. That fucking dog wouldn't have been on our TV screens Monday night. 

They brought the dog out for a reason. 

She made no serious effort to shut it down. She didn't tell John to "Shut the fuck up!" or "Take the dog away!"

I believe Kyle when in her blog she said "When John Sessa from Vanderpump Dogs asked me if I recognized the dog, I had no clue whose dog that was. It was clear to me they wanted me to know the story about Doritand the dog. Lisa was saying, “We aren’t going to talk about it,” but they brought the dog out for a reason. I watched as they did this song and dance about the dog and “not wanting to talk about it.” Meanwhile, I was told the entire story." 

Lisa actions showed her true intent  She didn't shut the Johns down. That dog was camera ready. She wanted and she got the story out. 

It's shit like this that wrecks her credibility.

I hear what you're saying, Gizelle, and sure, it's possible that I'm wrong and Lisa really is manipulating everyone about the dog story. But, and especially after reading her blog this week, I am sort of inclined to think that Kyle's anxiety may make her just a little bit paranoid.

Kyle has been "calling Lisa out" since, I dunno, season two? Every year there's something Lisa does where Kyle believes she's exposing Lisa's underhanded motives. Lisa was accused of giving stories to tabloids at one point, which she's since been cleared of. 

I felt like John's question was a pretty straightforward one -- do you recognize your friend's dog? Kyle seems convinced that John knew that she (Kyle) didn't know who the dog was, and she takes John telling her that it was Dorit's as proof that Lisa told John to bring the dog out and tell the story. But I don't think that's proof of anything simply because I don't think is it unreasonable for John to assume that Kyle would recognize her friend's dog.  (I know my friends' dogs and would recognize them if I saw them. ) In reality I think it is equally (if not more) likely that John, as someone who works in dog rescue, was pissed about the situation all on his own, and didn't need any encouragement from anyone to get the story out because he was disgusted and angry by what Dorit did.

Dorit behaves in reprehensible way, is getting a fat paycheck for being on a reality show, but somehow should be protected from the truth of her own actions because there may be negative consequences from doing something shitty? Is this what the others ladies think? 

And then overall I do find it very hard to believe that this story would have remained under wraps, completely unknown to Kyle and Teddi had John not said anything at VPD; I feel l confident that the producers would have found a way to get the story out, because drama.  

But I guess we'll know more as the season unfolds. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Lisa never gets the blow back because she will Normally have one of her employees or someone else "around her" do the deed to take the heat of her or throw someone else under the bus to get herself out of the hot seat she always has someone that can be used for collateral damage and save herself . its always a very convenient way that she is just one step away from the shit stirrer smiling but trying to keep her hands clean ... that can only save you for so long till people start to notice the ONE thing that Always ties it all together in all these accusations is LISA... she literally is the common denominator in all of it either with the person being a "friend" or "employee" or "family"  its Always someone IN HER CIRCLE who is conveniently spilling the "tea" to the public .....you would think by now she would vet people around her a little better if its always "their" fault ..... and that has worked for her up until now. This is the first time EVER that all the girls it seems sense something off and don't buy her shit .... lets see how this plays out

That person is almost always Kyle! 😉

How interesting it would be if there was a list of these kinds of gossipy "who said what to whom" stories from this franchise, so we could go back and examine all of them. What a great term paper that would make -- anyone!? 

• Love 5