Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Sister Wives Secrets

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Meri finds a way to buy the Bed & Breakfast she wants without Kody or her Sister Wives' help. Then, when Janelle hears that Meri closed on the B&B from a stranger on the street, this precipitates another confrontation.

Apparently, TVDB thinks this is Season 13? I don't know how we wound up 3 seasons off, but there we are. I'm going to leave this as 10 because I don't think it's worth doing a LOT of thread renaming to fix it. 

For this episode/season, I'm going to start a separate Live Chat thread, so we don't have 2 pages of live chat in the episode threads.  That thread will be unlocked for pre-game chat, and then will lock when the episode is over. If I rememberer, I'll unlock it each week so we can chat live there, and then swap over to the episode thread for full commentary. 

• Love 11

How old is Meri's mom ? I would guess 75+.  Running this stupid B n B ,doing all the unpacking and cooking, doing the books, etc seems like a tremendous amount of work for a woman of her age.

As noted above, this business is so stupid. It's in the middle of nowhere and Fool Meri doesn't know the true "heritage" and history. Even her mom couldn't recall, nor did she seem to care, how many children some relative had. The place does get good reviews but there are not that many reviews. 

Robyn who for years has claimed she forgets to eat, apparently is remembering to eat these days. She and Meri are the same size.

Janelle hears from 2 random women about the closing. Shes so upset she runs to Christine. Why not ask Meri ?

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Running this stupid B n B ,doing all the unpacking and cooking, doing the books, etc seems like a tremendous amount of work for a woman of her age.

Since it appears that the place has very little business (based on the dearth of reviews and the location in the middle of nowhere) I doubt it's all that much work.  I'm sure Meri was sure that her myriad fans would flock to the place. 

Hey, Meri, guess what. No one wants to stay in granny's old house.  There are some fabulous places near the ski area that are modern and comfortable and not full of dusty antiques.

• Love 23

No one wants to stay in someone else's granny's old house.  If it were your own granny's you might want to visit once, but low water pressure, mis-matched kitchen appliances from the past 4 decades and that musty smell make you yearn for your own lower-maintenance home.  In this particular home I'd be thinking grandpaw whatzit running around the perimeter raking his hand through his hair trying to find a wife who wanted to let him in their bedroom.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

It is amazing that they can talk in circles about "dilling" with "this thing" that "like" is what it is … blah, blah, blah and none of them nor the viewers know what the H they are talking about.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I guess this explains why Meri hadn’t told the Family. She was waiting for the cameras.  So she can’t tell them then fake it for the cameras?  That just shows she really has no relationship with her sister wives, nor does she want one.  Leave already.

https://twitter.com/meribrown1/status/1089712925848174592?s=21

”Thanks random people who told Janelle first before I was able to get cameras there so I could tell my family the exciting news. That's all this was about. #SisterWives”

Edited by CSunshine76
ETA text in case tweet disappears
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I guess this explains why Meri hadn’t told the Family. She was waiting for the cameras.  So she can’t tell them then fake it for the cameras?  That just shows she really has no relationship with her sister wives, nor does she want one.  Leave already.

”Thanks random people who told Janelle first before I was able to get cameras there so I could tell my family the exciting news. That's all this was about. #SisterWives”

Sure, Jan.  

She’s had months to think up that excuse.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Thanks for posting this...it is NEVER Meri's fault. Never.

Way to make friends with the Parowan locals Meri, first thing you do is blast the friendliest ones in town on Twitter. 

What a miserable freaking cow.

ETA: Oh, and your assessment that she has no relationship with her sister wives? SPOT ON!

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Oh my Gawd - how unfair!!   Like everyone in the world (whether they watch the show or not!) is supposed to just KNOW that Meri didn't tell her family yet because she was waiting for the "cameras"to be there. 

"Boys and Girls - please put your ESP hats on now please.... we might run into Meri Brown".  <~~~  Said in my best prudish Librarian voice

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, zoomama said:

someone said that robyn had gained weight ....in the TH part in the beginning (as far as i have gotten so far) she looks very pregnant (like 5-6 months) again. anyone else think so?

I don't think Robyn could keep her big mouth shut about something like that. Plus they'd want to "sell" their big news to some rag of a magazine if they had news like that.

• Love 9

And just like with the whole Dirty John situation, these women allow themselves to be “victimized” by not facing reality, reading the signs, and believing in fairy tales. She is delusional if she thought a rich, tall, handsome, pilot (or whatever) would be interested in such a loser. I mean, she has a show on TV so it is not like she could misrepresent herself in a more positive light. She is a pretty awful person inside and out. She and all her warts (and there are plenty) have been on display for several years now. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I think Meri is a complete asshole and there's NO FREAKING WAY that she just absolutely could NOT find a time WHEN THEY WERE ALL ON VACATION TOGETHER to tell them that she'd closed on the stupid house and her mother was already all moved in.

HOWEVER - Janelle? Sit the f*** down and shut your pie hole. YOU weren't asked to come help Meri move her mother to Parowan because the big guy in the blue (and later purple) shirt, Meri's brother, who was doing the heavy lifting, IS YOUR EX-HUSBAND.

In case you didn't know what colossal liars all 5 Brown adults, and TLC, are, yes, I'm serious, that is a fact. Unless Meri has 2 brothers named Adam. Yeah, TLC neglected to put "Janelle's ex-husband" on the screen when Adam was shown during the move. They think none of us has internet access, apparently. I don't recall this ever being addressed on the show. We're all supposed to pretend we don't know it.

Even if he wasn't there, should Meri's mom have to LOVE having Janelle around? You divorced her son and married her daughter's husband! 

Who believes that Janelle has ever in her entire life offered to help someone move? Anyone?

Meri's full of shit when she says she didn't think ANY of them would want to help (Christine, Dayton, Paedon, etc all helped Maddie & Caleb move on last week's episode), but there's plenty of shit to go around, because Janelle knew damn well why she wasn't invited to "help". 

BTW my opinion is that unless Meri's brother is a HUGE asshole, Janelle traded down. But I guess just about anyone seems better to me than Kody.

Applause, and more applause for your post!

• Love 15

Is Janelle still doing Strive? It doesn’t look like it. Her faux enthusiasm was grating, and while I get she wants a better relationship with Meri it is a little too late for that. 

Mariah has grown as a person, unlike her selfish mother. I wouldn’t be visiting the loneliest wet bar either. Meri sucks all the joy outta the room.  I agree entirely that Meri wasn’t an innocent victim in the catch fish scheme. She was looking for a way out.

It irks me that  Meri’s has never fessed up to the salacious involvement she had with “Sam.” Idiot thought she’d be living the good  life with a wealthy handsome vegan, and say see ya later to kody and co. 

Why am I having team Kody moments this season? Has hell frozen over? I’m must be living in the upside down.  He has made some good points. And what is with Christine shutting him down at every turn? There is a lot anger seething Towards him from the  other wives, especially Christine and Robin. Has he got another woman on the line? Anyone got the deets on this?

• Love 16

Mariah has turned into a lovely young woman. I never used to care for her when she lived with Meri, but maybe that was the problem.  Imagine being the only child of that self-pitying, whiny, victim-playing, poor me Meri! Mariah is the only one speaking the obvious truth and I applaud her for refusing to participate with the group lovefest over the catfishing. I agree with all of you that is is completely nauseating how the other wives are falling all over themselves to kiss her ass. Meri is playing this to the hilt. How did she gain the upper hand with her dumass antics? She was sooooo going to leave for life over the rainbow with Sam. Why aren't they calling her put over this? Stretching it out as it appears to be the only storyline? That and now Kody wanting to move back to Utah to try and get arrested over his principles seem to be about it.

Didn't Meri and the friend say they are still contacted by Sam? The friend said "not as much" or something. WTF? I guess all of you are right that Sam must have pics. Otherwise why wouldn't you block all access? 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

How old is Meri's mom ? I would guess 75+.  Running this stupid B n B ,doing all the unpacking and cooking, doing the books, etc seems like a tremendous amount of work for a woman of her age.

As noted above, this business is so stupid. It's in the middle of nowhere and Fool Meri doesn't know the true "heritage" and history. Even her mom couldn't recall, nor did she seem to care, how many children some relative had. The place does get good reviews but there are not that many reviews. 

Robyn who for years has claimed she forgets to eat, apparently is remembering to eat these days. She and Meri are the same size.

Janelle hears from 2 random women about the closing. Shes so upset she runs to Christine. Why not ask Meri ?

Yes to all! (Plus I loved the Kennedy comment! He really does fancy himself a Kennedy with that football/frisbee schtick!)

That house is just an old house. It's missing the grandeur of a true "Painted Lady", in my opinion, to be a really special B&B experience. I guess anyone can buy any old house and call it whatever they like, but is it really an Inn? It's an old, mid-size house, that is not really decorated professionally, and looks to me like any other house, on any other street, in any other part of the country. 

Also Robyn now does "remember to eat" (bless her heart)...Her transformation into a Brown is pretty amazing. I wonder if she would still be so quick to jump on that scale in front of everybody like she did TWO times before-once holding Sol to "see how much the BABY weighed"...yeah, sure Robyn. Side-eye. 

And Janelle was such a piece of work! What a tattletale! Couldn't wait to go running to the rest of them with that petty shit, pretending to be butt-hurt. Ugh, can't stand Janelle. Don't know who is worse, Janelle or Meri.  Like Kody said, it's a race to the bottom. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 12

Hmmm.  So last night Kody tweeted:

image.thumb.png.e3edf9030db171c1924710226b8c91c8.png

...to which Meri replied (and has since deleted) something about "so what is the truth Kody, please tell us". 

Kody's reply to her (showing Meri deleted her tweet)... 

image.thumb.png.b98ffeaf74e44bc7e499bac5b0cf8363.png

• Love 17

Oh my goodness am I sick of the catfish storyline.  Look, Meri, you got catfished because you were looking to cheat on your husband.  No matter how bleh Kody is, you're not a victim.  The best course of action is to let this go. 

What's going on with Meri and this new "friend?"  She's really shoving her down everyone's throats.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I want to see what kind of profits the Inn is going to make. Meri said she is going to hire someone to cook and clean so her mother won't have to. Where is the money going to come from for that salary? She is going to have to rent those 4 rooms out every night of the year to pay a salary, to pay for  maintenance and landscapers,   buy groceries for breakfast, keep the towels and linens up to par and replace as necessary,  pay the mortgage and utilities on that house and her own, and pay herself a salary with what ever is left over. I give her 2 years.

When Lularoe folds Meri will be having fambly meetings and asking for money.

• Love 7