Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Sister Wives Secrets

Aethera
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Now that we are back from commercial # 975, the music is a bit ominous and tense

LOL!!   This entire review was great, but I love the commercial comments because it's so true!!  

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm no fan of Meri, but I have stayed at the B&B.

• Bonnie was a lovely hostess, and the local woman who comes in to cook breakfast used to have her own catering business.
  • The breakfast we had there was custom made, and the best we've ever had at a B&B.
  • It was immaculate.
  • The place is only one mile off of the interstate that runs between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, so it's not all that isolated.
  • All of the reviews I've seen have been 5-star.  And none of them were from me.  There aren't a LOT, but some of us don't post reviews on Yelp, Trip Advisor, etc.
  • It was very reasonably priced for what we got.

From what we have seen on the show, Bonnie seems like a wonderful person!  There is oftentimes good along with the bad, and I liked hearing from someone who actually knows in person what this B&B is like.  There were many things I liked about it (from what little I have seen on TV).  For me personally, the only negative I see is trying to keep up with finances if Lularoe goes down the toilet.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I think Meri is a complete asshole and there's NO FREAKING WAY that she just absolutely could NOT find a time WHEN THEY WERE ALL ON VACATION TOGETHER to tell them that she'd closed on the stupid house and her mother was already all moved in.

HOWEVER - Janelle? Sit the f*** down and shut your pie hole. YOU weren't asked to come help Meri move her mother to Parowan because the big guy in the blue (and later purple) shirt, Meri's brother, who was doing the heavy lifting, IS YOUR EX-HUSBAND.

In case you didn't know what colossal liars all 5 Brown adults, and TLC, are, yes, I'm serious, that is a fact. Unless Meri has 2 brothers named Adam. Yeah, TLC neglected to put "Janelle's ex-husband" on the screen when Adam was shown during the move. They think none of us has internet access, apparently. I don't recall this ever being addressed on the show. We're all supposed to pretend we don't know it.

Even if he wasn't there, should Meri's mom have to LOVE having Janelle around? You divorced her son and married her daughter's husband! 

Who believes that Janelle has ever in her entire life offered to help someone move? Anyone?

Meri's full of shit when she says she didn't think ANY of them would want to help (Christine, Dayton, Paedon, etc all helped Maddie & Caleb move on last week's episode), but there's plenty of shit to go around, because Janelle knew damn well why she wasn't invited to "help". 

BTW my opinion is that unless Meri's brother is a HUGE asshole, Janelle traded down. But I guess just about anyone seems better to me than Kody.

Love your whole post and just want to add...I have to keep remembering that this is a tv first and foremost. And the most important thing to them is filming, so if I was Meri, after just being told no to the free fambly cash (rightfully so, btw) I would definitely NOT be asking them to help me move and giving them all this material to film—Kody would probably spread it out over an entire episode, full of Kody drama of him running around Meri’s mom’s house with his stringy locks blowin’ in the breeze and Janelle standing around in the background like a lump, giving long-winded commentary. Meri purposely excluded them from it, and kept all the filming content for herself, her mom and her brother. THAT’S what they’re really pissed about. And come to think of it, when she threatened them with not being around as much for fambly activities last week, I bet the thinking is that if she were to split off of them, their filming time would be cut because half the time the camera would be following Meri around on her adventures. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Janelle hears from 2 random women about the closing. Shes so upset she runs to Christine. Why not ask Meri ?

Because going directly to the source would not have the proper mix of passive/aggressiveness that these women have turned into an art form.  Janelle needed to get Christine on her side before confronting Meri.  That said, Janelle needs to stay the crap out of Christine's old med stash.  Janelle's cheerleading is so over the top, I don't know whether to LOL or throw something at my television screen to make her shut up.  It's like Janelle took over Christine's personality, Christine is borrowing Robyn's, while Robyn's sad-sack demeanor is turning her into Janelle.  It's completely bizarre to watch.

10 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

HOWEVER - Janelle? Sit the f*** down and shut your pie hole. YOU weren't asked to come help Meri move her mother to Parowan because the big guy in the blue (and later purple) shirt, Meri's brother, who was doing the heavy lifting, IS YOUR EX-HUSBAND.

WHOA MIND BLOWN I didn't catch that!!  Wow!  How weird is it that he was on the show?!  I mean, maybe in polygamous circles this isn't so strange, but the fact that this particularly gross intermingling of fambly members has never been addressed on the show, I find it kind of jarring that he was shown at all, or that he would even want to be on tv.  But money talks, I suppose.

9 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I think the new title should be "Rehashing Last Week's Episode and Repeating All of Last Season"  Isn't their ANYTHING else that the cameras can cover?  This season has been useless so far.

No joke - there is absolutely no reason for this show to be two hours long every Sunday.  The filler and rehash takes literally 50% of the show.  Plus, I can never stay awake to watch the whole thing.

8 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Christine should watch it, she thinks she's top dog right now, obviously, but she should remember that not long ago she was stacking rocks on a beach with a therapist for an "anniversary vacation".

+++++++++++1.  Also, I hearted your recap before I even read it because you deserve all the rewards for not only watching, but getting the recap out so darn fast for those of us whose eyes started to glaze over at the 14th mention of the word "Parowan."

3 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Is Janelle still doing Strive? It doesn’t look like it. Her faux enthusiasm was grating, and while I get she wants a better relationship with Meri it is a little too late for that. 

Who noticed the shirt Janelle was wearing during the living room cheer sesh with Meri?  It read "Strive with Janelle."  I about fell off my chair.

So much more to say but I need to read @Sasha888's recap first!

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Who ho noticed the shirt Janelle was wearing during the living room cheer sesh with Meri?  It read "Strive with Janelle."  I about fell off my chair.

So much more to say but I need to read @Sasha888's recap first!

I did.  What is Strive? 

10 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I guess this explains why Meri hadn’t told the Family. She was waiting for the cameras.  So she can’t tell them then fake it for the cameras?  That just shows she really has no relationship with her sister wives, nor does she want one.  Leave already.

https://twitter.com/meribrown1/status/1089712925848174592?s=21

”Thanks random people who told Janelle first before I was able to get cameras there so I could tell my family the exciting news. That's all this was about. #SisterWives”

Thanks for grabbing that because it’s already been deleated. Meri can never own her shit. None of them can. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Janc said:

Hmmm.  So last night Kody tweeted:

image.thumb.png.e3edf9030db171c1924710226b8c91c8.png

...to which Meri replied (and has since deleted) something about "so what is the truth Kody, please tell us". 

Kody's reply to her (showing Meri deleted her tweet)... 

image.thumb.png.b98ffeaf74e44bc7e499bac5b0cf8363.png

Sorry, Kody, but this is your circus and those are your monkeys.  

What a jackass.

• Love 21

Meri's facial features have zero muscle tone and she has the collapsed look of a VERY heavy drinker, even Janelle's chubby little cheeks show more animation than Meri's.

I wonder if that is the reference Kody is making when he says "Some things are better left unsaid"

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, steff13 said:

I did.  What is Strive? 

Strive is Janelle's "business" as a life/fitness/nutrition coach.  Check out her thread under the Sister Wives main heading.  All she does is complain about how busy she is (we can't figure out what she's busy doing, other than writing insipid posts on the internet), how important good nutrition is (although she appears not to have lost an ounce), and how exhausting her exercise program is (getting up from the couch to take pictures of pre-packaged food in her fridge). 

It should be called "Strive to Remain Mediocre in Your Life."

• LOL 2
  • Love 22

I just don’t understand why the show allows this crew to continue to avoid discussing the fact that Meri was having an online affair and that the only thing that prevented it from becoming an in-person affair is that she was flirting with a catfish.

Clearly that’s the heart of the conflict with Mariah.  

And the story by the other woman just drew a sharper contrast between a truly innocent victim and Meri’s situation. 

Can we bribe someone to sneak crazy glue on dime-store-Sammy-Hagar’s fingertips so the next time he steeples his fingers they get stuck together?

• Love 22
11 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I think Meri is a complete asshole and there's NO FREAKING WAY that she just absolutely could NOT find a time WHEN THEY WERE ALL ON VACATION TOGETHER to tell them that she'd closed on the stupid house and her mother was already all moved in.

In case you didn't know what colossal liars all 5 Brown adults, and TLC, are, yes, I'm serious, that is a fact. Unless Meri has 2 brothers named Adam. Yeah, TLC neglected to put "Janelle's ex-husband" on the screen when Adam was shown during the move. They think none of us has internet access, apparently. I don't recall this ever being addressed on the show. We're all supposed to pretend we don't know it.

Even if he wasn't there, should Meri's mom have to LOVE having Janelle around? You divorced her son and married her daughter's husband! 

Who believes that Janelle has ever in her entire life offered to help someone move? Anyone?

Meri's full of shit when she says she didn't think ANY of them would want to help (Christine, Dayton, Paedon, etc all helped Maddie & Caleb move on last week's episode), but there's plenty of shit to go around, because Janelle knew damn well why she wasn't invited to "help". 

BTW my opinion is that unless Meri's brother is a HUGE asshole, Janelle traded down. But I guess just about anyone seems better to me than Kody.

I thought that probably was Janelle's ex!  Yeah, he must have been a real dick for her to trade him in for Kootie.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, neh said:

My dream show is Gordon Ramsay doing an episode of Hotel Hell at Lizzies' Heritage Inn.

Gordon would be lovely to her  mother but I doubt that he would put up with Meri's bs.

Edited by neh
Spelling
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

How old is Meri's mom ? I would guess 75+.  Running this stupid B n B ,doing all the unpacking and cooking, doing the books, etc seems like a tremendous amount of work for a woman of her age.

As noted above, this business is so stupid. It's in the middle of nowhere and Fool Meri doesn't know the true "heritage" and history. Even her mom couldn't recall, nor did she seem to care, how many children some relative had. The place does get good reviews but there are not that many reviews. 

Robyn who for years has claimed she forgets to eat, apparently is remembering to eat these days. She and Meri are the same size.

Janelle hears from 2 random women about the closing. Shes so upset she runs to Christine. Why not ask Meri ?

Meri stated that she is going to hire someone to do the cooking and cleaning and her mom will just keep the books.

• Love 3

Off Topic here.........   I wish you people would watch "Seeking Sister Wife", too.  A few of you do (YAY!) but I'm telling you what - I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see what you thought of THOSE families!!   lol      You should give it a try - pretty entertaining, IMO.

• Love 19
58 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Brilliant recap, @Sasha888.  It was positively exhausting to read, I cannot imagine having to write it. 

And now I need a shower to wash off the stench of manure.

I second this emotion! @Sasha888 - your recap was insightful and amazing, and soooo much more fun than watching the real show. 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I just don’t understand why the show allows this crew to continue to avoid discussing the fact that Meri was having an online affair and that the only thing that prevented it from becoming an in-person affair is that she was flirting with a catfish.

Clearly that’s the heart of the conflict with Mariah.  

And the story by the other woman just drew a sharper contrast between a truly innocent victim and Meri’s situation. 

Can we bribe someone to sneak crazy glue on dime-store-Sammy-Hagar’s fingertips so the next time he steeples his fingers they get stuck together?

I think they (meaning mostly Kody) believe that somehow this avoidance is protecting their "brand."  Do they not know that most viewers have internet and can see what actually happened between Meri and "Sam?"

Meri wants to play the victim--and yes, she was catfished--but the issue is not that she was catfished--it is why she was catfished. Mari would've gotten more sympathy --from me, at least-- if she stated what really happened: that she was basically ignored by Kody and he wasn't meeting her needs anymore so she went looking online for someone else. She could say that the divorce really affected her more than she thought, that she didn't feel like Kody's actual wife anymore--only in spirit-name.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, kicotan said:

Christine:  “Shut it, Kody. It’s not your turn to make noises”

Really?

I’m the only wife in my marriage and somehow I don’t think it would go over very well if I spoke to my husband like that.  Sounds like something I might say to my dog, but doesn’t their dogma state he is the head of the household and is to be respected as such?  I thought I read somewhere that they (the AUB religion, not the Brown’s) espouse a “collective bargaining” approach when it comes to any sort of dissent in the ranks aimed at the head of the family.

Mariah:  “She’s not a victim.”

Amen, sister.  Not for nothing, but I believe that’s the root of her filling attacked, being confused, filling everything she does is wrong, not understanding why everyone else does their own thing and yet she doesn’t get the same consideration.

Me:  You STILL won’t admit you did anything wrong, Meri.  You’ve gone overboard trying to force the fambly into meeting with catfish victims, talking endlessly about how devastating it is to be victimized in such a horribly embarrassing way and trying desperately to get their sympathy.  It’s all for naught because you won’t admit your part.  The way you responded to your vast loneliness amidst a fambly of 18 people all living next door to each other in one happy Religious Fambly.  That internal abyss that drove you to engage in an internet fantasy life that consumed enough of your time and effort you masked your obsession to everyone except the only person living in your 5 bedroom mansion with you.  Your own daughter, noticed it, called you out on it, warned you about it and advised you against it.  You didn’t listen to her and got sucked in further and you can’t figure out why she is so mad at you.  You knowingly cheated, emotionally, if not in other ways, on your husband and your wives instead of finding another way to deal with your loneliness, like communicating and involving yourself in your beloved fambly and oh I don’t know, finding a COMPETENT therapist to work on your issues.  You suck, Meri.  And not in a good way, obviously.

Forgiveness starts with admitting your wrongdoing, not blaming someone else for it.

First bolding:  I can not imagine talking to my hubby in that manner nor would he EVER talk to me in that manner.  

Second bolding:  I love the whole post but when I turned this on last night and saw all of them sitting around, chatting and the damn word "catfish" was brought up I was like, holy hell - WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?  I would have stood up and announced I was not interested in repeating all this ad nauseum.  Meri - you looked outside your marriage for companionship, you got caught.  Welcome to the new times we live in and the internet.  Now you want everyone to hop up and down over this B&B?  Why the hell should they?  You are making a decision based on emotion, a huge FINANCIAL decision based on emotion and those never go well.  

I am not surprised Mariah is so forthright:  I have known a lot of people that have come out, come out of a drinking/drug situation and are like:  I am speaking my truth.....no more lies, no more beating around the bush, no more hinting.

Geez, if I was Meri - I would be "Wow I have this gigantic ass house ALL TO MYSELF, I have an income, I am free of childrearing......let's never mention the word catfish again and life is good!"  But no......she has to grind the glass into her hand and bring it up again and AGAIN.

• Love 24

I suspect that Meri was upset that her friend Kristie actually liked the Brown family, including the sister wives and Kody. I bet she wasn't expecting that.  It flies in the face of how they are against her.  Apparently, Kristie didn't see it. 

I admire Kody for pretty much staying quiet about Meri, but, speaking his truth in the confessional scenes. (No need to say the obvious really.  Meri is SUCH a liar.)  He KNOWS that Meri will never change and that she's a drama queen.  Meri will not allow you to be civil to her.  That robs her of her scheming plans. He seems DONE with her even more than ever.  Kody can't help what his wives say or do really.  He may have chosen them, but, they seem pretty independent and open with their thoughts.  I can see why he doesn't jump in and try to fix things between them.  I don't think anything can be fixed with Meri.  If her B&B is doing well, maybe, she's finally happy......lol. naaaaahhhh

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Geez, if I was Meri - I would be "Wow I have this gigantic ass house ALL TO MYSELF, I have an income, I am free of childrearing......let's never mention the word catfish again and life is good!"  But no......she has to grind the glass into her hand and bring it up again and AGAIN.

I believe that TLC says "Either you talk about catfishing for a couple of episode (bring Kristie in, etc.) or no show.  Then you have Kody and the wives saying how they need the income from the show, so she agrees.    You could tell that Meri did NOT want to talk about, and when Kody (or someone) asked her a question she even said she is tired of talking about it.  Poor Meri.  Poor, poor Meri.  None of this is her fault.  Mariah forced Meri to sit in the computer chair and start up a fling with a screen name.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I don't like Meri and her passive aggressive 'nothing is ever her fault' ways, but I don't fault her for not fucking with Janelle EVER. Divorced her brother and turned around and became wife #2 to Meri's husband behind her back. This is some low down dirty shit but than again I am looking at this through the prism of someone outside the lifestyle. I mean didn't Meri's mom marry Kody's dad?

Speaking of Meri's mom, I LOL'ed when the wives were talking about what would become of them once all the kids were gone and if they would all live in one big house. All they have to do is look at Meri's mom to see what will happen. Where are her sister wives? She was basically living alone and now living alone in a B&B. 

So basically Meri is using these other women's catfish tales to nail herself more firmly to her victimhood cross. I'm loving that Mariah isn't here for any of it. Mariah's whole attitude is "Bitch, I was there." 

I haven't kept up on Brown gossip in the off-season. Can someone tell me why we now hate Mariah's girlfriend?

During the move, they showed a side profile shot of Janelle leaning against a car outside. I thought she was awkwardly holding a large black bag of dirty laundry or something in front of her. Nope. That was all Janelle.

Didn't this show used to be like 1/2 hour? Did we really need to see Kody struggle with and then cut a lock off a trailer only to decide they didn't need the trailer anyway? Do better TLC.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 19

It’s clear to me, there is absolutely no love coming to Kody from any of his wives. He really seems so incompetent and yet egotistical. I guess the only thing he’s been successful at is getting this franchise.  And all these women are such hypocrites pretending that any of them care about each  other. Basically, this show proves that polygamy is not a healthy option, whether it’s lawful or not.

• Love 19

I don’t hate Meri like the rest of you and I think she was lonely and depressed for a long time. I also think Kody is much worse of a husband than we ever see. I think in any of these set-ups, the wives are all unhappy and only put up with it because of religious beliefs.

Also I like Mariah and to whoever said upthread that only Logan worked while going to school, not true. Mariah worked all through school, had some scholarships and is working her way through grad school the same as Logan.

I just think I’m bored with the show. I don’t really care about yet another forced move, I’m tired of hearing about financial issues when Kody refuses to work and insists on having a hundred kids and their picnics, parties etc are just dull. I like the Brown kids and would maybe watch a show with just them. I fast forwarded through much of last night, just too dull.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I just think I’m bored with the show. I don’t really care about yet another forced move, I’m tired of hearing about financial issues when Kody refuses to work and insists on having a hundred kids and their picnics, parties etc are just dull. I like the Brown kids and would maybe watch a show with just them. I fast forwarded through much of last night, just too dull.

I could never watch a show of the Brown kids.  You want to talk boring -???  Counting On.  It's a massive snoozefest.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Love your whole post and just want to add...I have to keep remembering that this is a tv first and foremost. And the most important thing to them is filming, so if I was Meri, after just being told no to the free fambly cash (rightfully so, btw) I would definitely NOT be asking them to help me move and giving them all this material to film—Kody would probably spread it out over an entire episode, full of Kody drama of him running around Meri’s mom’s house with his stringy locks blowin’ in the breeze and Janelle standing around in the background like a lump, giving long-winded commentary. Meri purposely excluded them from it, and kept all the filming content for herself, her mom and her brother. THAT’S what they’re really pissed about. And come to think of it, when she threatened them with not being around as much for fambly activities last week, I bet the thinking is that if she were to split off of them, their filming time would be cut because half the time the camera would be following Meri around on her adventures. 

They've shown this family moving, packing for vacations, etc., before, and I wouldn't have invited them either.

However, if Meri has all this extended family that is SO excited about this family home, why didn't any of them step up and offer to invest by chipping in on the down payment? Was this just more manufactured drama? Meri seems to be the only story line at this point, so maybe they are just milking it for the show? Also, Meri acts like she is all alone in the world, but then her mother, brother, and cousin show up and help move all her mother's crap. She seems to have a lot of support for someone who has no one she can count on.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But as long as Meri plays the victim, she's lucky that Mariah is in her life at all.  

Yep.  I keep thinking about what I'd do if it were my mother that had done that...what would my relationship be like if she continued trying to play the completely innocent victim when I darn well knew better? Basically, it's trying to re-write history and gaslight me, to convince me that I am wrong about what actually happened.  It's like denying that my feelings and experience have any validity, not to mention mis-representing and essentially lying, and I don't think I could move past that.  I wouldn't want to sever the relationship entirely at such a young age, but I absolutely couldn't pretend to have a real relationship either...so given who I am, I would spell all that out and make it very clear to her, and it would be up to her how she proceeds from there.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Pudge (Mariah) and Sludge faked the need for Emotional Support Animals in order to fly the dogs to Flagstaff for free for a Christmas visit. When asked for verification Sludge pitched a fit on Twitter accusing Southwest of treating them badly and causing them distress and it wasn't their fault that they both had identical "psychiatric disorders" which required them to have ESA's with them.  These dogs have never once been featured in any of their cutesy-poo daily pictures on Instagram nor anything ever mentioned about the "disorders" that plague them - apparently only at Christmas time when they wanted to fly home and not pay for boarding the dogs.

Not saying it's directly related but immediately thereafter the rules, by at least 2 airlines, were tightened requiring certification from a doctor for an ESA on a flight.

Even their sycophants were enraged at this blatantly selfish and entitled behavior.  

Is there any evidence of this?  Student loans were mentioned and the majority of her Instagram and Twit postings have to do with hanging out in coffee shops, doing yoga, and cycling.  She had never once mentioned work or school.  Sludge was sucked into LuLaNo.

The same evidence there is for Logan’s jobs-throughout school they posted the part time jobs they had-I don’t live there and did not actually go to the places. And I don’t care enough to call people’s employers. As for student loans-most kids have them including mine. Don’t understand the name calling but not true no job was ever mentioned. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

As for student loans-most kids have them including mine.

I'm sure a majority of students do these days.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

But there seems to be some speculation that the money is being spent for other than education.  Eating out nearly every day in Chicago doesn't come cheap.  Nor are the cycling classes.  And, again, no mention of jobs, classes, studying, school, professors, or college friends at all on her social media.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The only good part of this came when Christine took Meri down in a kerfuffle of LulaNo.  I was so hoping that Meri would get up off the ground and discover that her insane chihuahua printed leggings were now covered in a skid mark made up of grass and duck doo.

Yeah - what the heck?  You KNOW there is oodles of poodles all over the damn place - that's all you talk about for the first 10 minutes after you arrive at the park - and then you tackle and roll around on the grass?  Seriously?  I TOTALLY expected them to stand up and find blobs of poop here and there.  In fact, I'll bet they did - but didn't say anything because the cameras were there.  Who knows.  Unless they happened to run to the one spot on the grass where there wasn't any excrement.  Kody should have moved them all to THAT spot.   Can you imagine the bottoms of everyone's shoes when they got home?  So that's in the cars at the very least - unless they scraped them and wiped them down somehow.   I don't do poo.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

This week's recap - only reason for the spoiler tag is to keep it from taking up the entire page. :-)

Reveal hidden contents

We start with the "previouslies" - the family doesn't have the money to loan to Meri. Meri tells them not to expect her at any family functions because she has to go bust her ever-growing butt to earn the money. Ysabel is shown in a ridiculous PVC pipe contraption that the ScoliSmart people have duped Christine & Kody into buying. Some of last week's "catfish dinner" (not eating catfish, but talking about it AGAIN)...and Meri saying that talking about this again is "just so....ugh" (well, then maybe stop bringing it up, Meri!).

Ok, on to the show! The whole family is going to a picnic in the park, with Kristie the catfish victim in tow. Christine and some of her kids notice Mariah getting out of one of the cars and head over. Gwendolyn declares them to be her favorite lesbian couple and Christine thinks that's really nice. On the couch, Meri says Audrey and Mariah (non-affectionately known as Sludge & Pudge over on Mariah's thread) are doing well and are very happy. Kody explains he has FLDS friends who have gay kids too, and they are as fine with their kids being gay as he is with Pudge being gay. (Kody just did something right as a dad...write it down people, doesn't happen a lot!)

In the park, Kody doesn't approve of where people are starting to set things down because there's peacock poo all over. They select a spot and Kody warns the kids that handling the feathers is where salmonella comes from so wash up before eating. Now we flashback to the catfish dinner, and the meeting where they tell Meri they can't loan her money for the B&B. Kody hopes this picnic will help Meri get over her "struggle". Back at the park, Kristie is introduced to all the kids. In a TH, Meri tells us she made a deal with Sludge & Pudge that if she went to the bar with them, they'd come meet Kristie (at that time it was supposed to be Cheryl & her daughter coming to see Meri, but what the heck...there's plenty of JO victims to choose from, apparently, so since Cheryl bailed we'll just plug in a different one). Meri tells us Pudge doesn't really like to talk about the catfish subject, but she hopes hearing Kristie's story will "soften" Pudge a bit and move them forward in their relationship. (I think we all knew that was the REAL reason for all of this...it's not "closure" for Mariah, it's to get Meri off the hook for what she did.) 

Now Kody thinks he sees a better spot to park his traveling circus, where there is less bird poo. Christine says "How did I know? I knew we would be changing. I knew it." On the couch now, she says they were all nice and settled with their little blankets and everything's good and Kody's like "Gotta move! Gotta move!" Janelle says Kody is always looking for that perfect spot. Back at the park, Christine puts on her sarcastic pants and tells Kody "Okay, thank you! That sounds AWESOME! Please, because I would LOVE to uproot everything, because that sounds so par. Thank you!" (I can't tell who is being the bigger child right now, Kody or Christine.) She continues "I'm sure the grass is greener and there's less duck stuff over there. Can we move 3 more times, please?"

Meri actually shows a bit of humor here, by interjecting "Hold on Christine, I'm going to go look at THAT spot over there". Christine threatens to tackle her if she does. Meri takes off and Christine goes after her, catches her, and tackles her. Kristie says "What the heck is going on with this family???" Christine & Meri have fun explaining it on the couch...Meri was tripping a little anyway, Christine just helped her along. Kody asks "What are you guys doing?" and Meri answers "We just needed some LOVE, and you weren't showing it!" (WOW...gotta get that dig in on Kody every chance you get, don't you Meri).

Back at the park, Kody sees yet another better spot, and Christine's fed up again. She tells him "Kody, this is so dumb, we do this all the time, can we NOT please???"

Kody, on the couch now, says they're always wanting to harass him about moving the blankets, and now "moving moving moving" (meaning the move from Vegas, now) and how he wants his family to be in the better place, and it's not about picnic blankets. (How very clever of you to work that in there, Kody!)

Kristie talks about how great the kids are, how it's a great atmosphere to be in, and how helpful and well behaved the kids are. She and Janelle discuss how many kids Janelle has, who's grown and out of the house, etc. Kristie talks a little about how Meri wants Pudge to hang out with her more, but Kristie thinks independent kids is the goal, even though it sucks when they leave. Meri says she bugs Pudge to come home but she's 21 now and just likely isn't going to be coming home all that much anymore, and it's kind of a bummer.

On the couch, Janelle says "It's nice because I always have you guys" (the other adults) "You guys are always there, so when the kids are all gone, I still have you guys. I mean granted, we're probably not going to cook for each other, I don't know, we may evolve into that." Robyn says "Maybe! Maybe we'll just consolidate into one house together." Meri tells Robyn "You're gonna love that, you know that's your dream come true." (How the hell are these women's pants not spontaneously combusting as they spew this crap? Such a happy bunch of ladies who all adore each other and want to hang out! My Aunt Fanny!) Robyn tells Kody that it's going to be a bit of a "girl party" when the kids are gone, and the director suggests they could always have TWO houses, one for the Sister Wives, and one for....(implying one for Kody of course, which is an idea Kody loves..right now, the way these clucking chickens are going on, I can't really blame him).

Back at the park, Gwendlyn sits on Meri, hugs her, and pets her head (which personally I find hilarious) and Meri says she loves it and thinks it's so cute. On the couch Meri explains that Gwen's a physical-touch kind of a person, and so is Meri, so she loves that. Christine says she also loves it because she can tell them "Go hug Meri" or they'll maul her, she thinks her kids all think they are about 5 yrs old. Meri tells us Pudge is NOT a physcial-touch person, and thinks it will be funny to show this to Kristie. She goes up to Pudge at the park and hugs her. Pudge stands there, arms at her sides, and says "What are you doing?" 

Now it's time to play frisbee...SOME sort of frisbee, anyway. Kody says it's soccer with a frisbee, Christine says it's not SOCCER, you're not going to KICK the frisbee (I'm about ready to kick myself in the head for watching this drivel....) now everyone goes on about is it rugby, football, and back on the couch, everyone pretty much admits they have no idea how the hell to play this game or what they are doing (riveting stuff, people, it'd be a shame if you missed it!) Whatever it is, the kids all seem to enjoy it.

Janelle says that she's so glad that their "norm" is the fun like they are having at the picnic, not the hard conversations like hearing about Kristie's catfish experience (yeah, you guys are usually a barrel of monkeys, that's your "norm"...whatever, Janelle).

Kody says that what got Kristie out of this bad place was her family, and Meri having a big family makes it a much safer place for Meri to be able to be rescued from an experience like this (ummm...not sure if you've been keeping up with the story here, Kody, but Meri wanted to get the hell away from ALL of you, she wasn't hoping to be rescued by her family! She was hoping to leave you all in the dust! Sam "I've got a banana in my pocket AND I'm happy to see you" Cooper was supposed to be "rescuer"!)

We're back from commercial now, and it's time for Kristie to magically fix everything between Meri and her daughter (snort). Meri explains there was some tension between her and Pudge when the catfishing thing happened (yeah...and there was a "slight disagreement" between the North and the South during the Civil War, Meri!) and we get a flashback of Pudge not wanting to talk to Meri "back then". Meri says that Pudge still doesn't like to hear about it, or talk about it, which tells her she isn't dealing with it (or maybe she just thinks you're full of shit, Meri!). Sludge and Pudge come into the living room with their fat legs bulging through their ripped jeans. Kristie asks how Pudge is dealing with it, etc, and Pudge says she was pretty angry for a year & a half, but now she's moved past it and has decided it just isn't something she needs to burden herself with. In a TH, Pudge says she doesn't want to have this conversation, it doesn't help her, she feels her relationship with her mother is improving but talking about this makes things more emotional for her and she doesn't want to "do this all the time!" (Hear that, Meri? You ARE NOT helping her! You are only trying to absolve yourself of ANY blame! You're actually HURTING your daughter by continuing with this ridiculousness!) Pudge says it does not make her forgive Meri more, it just brings up old feelings that don't need to be brought up. She's very clear that she loves her mom, but the way to have a healthy & good relationship is not by bringing in new people to keep discussing this.

At this point, Kristie says "It was different for me, because I was just recently separated from my husband" (WHOOPS Kristie! That's not why Meri brought you here! You weren't supposed to point out that you were single! Getting a divorce! Not in a relationship!) In a TH, Meri says there was a time she was rilly scared of the catfisher, but now she's "taking her power back" and not "letting her win". 

Now Pudge & Slude do a TH, and Pudge says what a lot of us have been thinking....that her mother wants her to see her as completely the VICTIM, and Pudge does NOT see is that way. She believes Meri still played a part in all of this. Pudge thinks that recognizing where SHE has been wrong in her relationships has helped her GROW in those relationships, and if her mom were to do that instead of constantly saying "I'm the VICTIM, this was done TO me!" she thinks it would help their mother/daughter relationship. Sludge says it's hard to forgive someone who doesn't admit to their faults. Been reading this forum, Sludge & Pudge? (BTW, just sprinkle everything said by Sludge & Pudge with the word "like" VERY liberally, I just can't make myself type it that many times. Like, you know, like, what I mean? I know someone who has teen and early 20-ish kids, and they have an "Unnecessary LIKES Jar" - every time a kid uses "like" in, ya know, like, a stupid, like, way? They have to put spare change in the jar. Had Meri done this years ago, she could've purchased the Parowan house OUTRIGHT without ANY kind of loan!)

Kristie now says "Anyway, this is so BORING! Why are we still talking about this!" Um YEAH!!! WTF ARE you guys actually doing still talking about this? It's certainly not for the viewers, we've been sick of Meri's catfish bullshit for several years now! If YOU think it's boring, imagine how we feel!

Meri hopes Pudge has "heard enough to realize that this was done by an evil-doer, and hopefully the anger can be directed AWAY from ME." (blow it out your ass, Meri. You are so f***ing clueless!!! And self-righteous! Kiss any hope you had of ever completely getting past this with your daughter good-bye, because you STILL can't take ANY responsibility for it yourself. It doesn't even matter to you that it is costing you the closeness you'd like with your only child, it's more important for you to be RIGHT, and BLAMELESS! F*** OFF, MERI!)

Now Ysabel is ready to go to Homecoming. Ysabel explains her scoliosis. She and her friend Hayden pose for some pics in the backyard. Ysabel tells us that scoliosis doesn't make it harder to dance or wear heels, not that she's noticed, anyway. Kody, of course, has to take center stage by going on and on about how her dress isn't modest enough for him. He does say that Ysabel looks beautiful, but it's a far cry from their values, he explains to Kristie. Meri & Christine think Kody's just in Dad Mode. Christine thinks that in Ancient Rome, Dads probably said "You aren't leaving the house in that sheet thing that you're wearing!" (I think they probably knew it was called a toga, Christine, you ditz, but whatever...point taken, Dads are never cool with whatever teenage daughters are wearing.) Now all 5 adults have to go on and on about modesty, and of course Robyn has lots to say about it because she grew up in polygamy and wants us to know that she knows ALL about it!

We're back from yet another commercial, and Meri has invited Kody and her sister wives over. Everyone sits in the same place they always do (is there assigned seating at these family meetings??? Inquiring minds want to know!) Just to warn you, from here on out, we are going to hear about how MERI DID IT. ON HER OWN. Get used to those two phrases. She's going to beat everyone over the head with it for the rest of the show. She says "There's a little bit of an independent attitude that I have about this. I mean, I did it! I did it!" (I'd call it a BITCHY attitude, but whatever, Meri, we all know how much you love alternative facts.) Meri starts the meeting by saying "So, um, I don't NEED YOUR MONEY." (That's not combative at all, right?) She says the lender approved her for a smaller down payment. (So, what exactly is Meri crowing about for the rest of the show? I did it, I did it! ON MY OWN, I did it ON MY OWN! You didn't do shit, you didn't actually come up with any more money, you just got the lender to accept less! That's not doing anything!) In any case, Meri's DONE IT, and everyone SHITS themselves with joy. She tells them she doesn't need anything now, and "I did it, I did it, all on my own guys, all on my own."

Now Robyn wonders why Meri seems to pensive, why is she not all smiles? Meri, in her ugly rolled-up LuLa leggings, bounces her leg and dead pans "No, I'm rill excited about the house. But I'm really glad that I'm doing this ON MY OWN." Janelle says "Meri, you keep saying you did this 'on my own, on my own', but we always want to be supportive of each other's businesses."

TH time with Meri - "I DID do this ON MY OWN. I bought this house ON MY OWN. I did it with MY OWN INCOME." (which you apparently keep all to yourself...) "I came up with the down payment ON MY OWN. That's FACT." Janelle worries that she keeps saying on my own, and worries she'll "run away" there. (why would you NOT want this pompous freaking cow to run to Parowan, let her go!!!) Kody says it's been a real concern, of late, that this is an escape, but he's glad it's just about Meri being "empowered". (I'd call it being a huge bitch and a show off, the way she sits there with her smirk repeating ON MY OWN, I DID IT, like a toddler who's just had their first big success with their pull-ups!) Just for good measure, Meri tells them all again "I did, I did it on my own, and to me it's like I am woman, hear me roar, I can do whatever I want." (When has Meri NOT done whatever the hell she wanted? No matter who got hurt, no matter what the cost? Ugh. This be-otch!!!!) Janelle says how very cool it is almost as many times as Meri says "I did it, ON MY OWN." 

Now Janelle wants a group hug. What I want, I'll be honest, is to know who Janelle's doctor is, because whatever she's on, it seems like some good shit and I'd like to get some for myself. The loving quartet of women (barf) gather for a group hug while Kody hovers in the entryway, anxious to get the hell out of Meri's house as fast as he can.

Everyone leaves and Meri tells the camera "It was great to tell them I didn't need their money, and that I could do it on my own!" She says they seemed happy but she's not sure WHY they're happy. (Meri really knows how to snatch a put-down out of the jaws of a compliment, doesn't she? Did everyone not just pee their damn pants over how happy they are for you, you ungrateful sow?)

We're now back from commercial # 543, and Meri is in Utah. She's going to sign papers and moving her mother into the Parowan house. Meri introduces her cousin Ryan, who is her "mortgage guy", she says, and has been doing "all this craziness for me." Ryan tells us it's "one of the toughest loans he's ever done." (I'll bet, financing an overpriced B&B with fugly legging money???) Meri is all tears and hugs with THIS part of her family. 

Meri's brother Adam, who is Janelle's ex-husband but we're all supposed to pretend that never happened and we don't know about it, is choked up and thanks Meri for getting this house back in the family.

Meri tells us how this house is less about a "possession" than it is about the history. Even though she admits later in the show that she screwed up which great-grandparents built it, and they weren't polygamists! What, Meri? So all the crap last season about those extra entrance doors because the husband couldn't move from wife to wife from INSIDE the house was all just GARBAGE? Yeah Meri, we caught that. We remember all the "boo hoo, I have to have this house because of such-and-such" CRAP you tried to feed us last season, and now you didn't even know what part of the family you were talking about? Yeah, sure, it's not just a possession to you. It's not just like a certain other house, in Vegas, that you HAD to have WITH a WET BAR because THAT was the one material thing on Earth that would make you happy.

Meri shows us how it's all broken down into 30 years of monthly payments, and how she'll be older than her mom is now by the time she pays it off. Now, the thing that Meri's tiny brain couldn't grasp last week (that she needs to actually make this a viable business) finally crosses Meri's mind. She now realizes she needs guests to pay for the home!

Meri and her mom talk about how it's exciting but a bit scary for her mom, Bonnie, because she's never run a B&B before, but Meri tells us she's going to hire people to help her mom run the business. Meri doesn't want her to mess with the cooking and cleaning on a daily basis. (Last week you needed money from your family to come up with a down payment, Meri...where's the money for all this staff going to come from? Will they be paid in LuLaRoe rejects?)

YAY, now we're finally in Parowan, the site of Mormon Tara! Meri's brother/Janelle's ex wants to get their mom moved in, but first Vickie, the previous owner of Mormon Tara, needs to show us all just how much she LOVES this house and couldn't possibly have sold it to anyone but Meri because Meri's a big sucker and paid 3 times what it's worth Meri loves the house as much as she does. Yawn.

Now is where Meri admits that she had the story wrong, and the great-grandparents who built the house weren't polygamists. Just a quick little mention that most of the shit she talked about last season - the separate entrances, the room for each wife thing, the polygamist ghost who haunts the stained chair - was all just crap. As usual, Meri wants to skip quickly past her mistakes.

Once more, for good measure, Meri tells us she did it ALL ON HER OWN. Also, she tells us that she, her mom, her siblings, her cousins, are all SUPER super excited about this house, while Kody and her sister wives are all just like "Ok Meri, have fun with that." She says they don't feel it, they don't have that history with it, they're not invested in it. (Hmmm...last week you expected them to want to be "invested" to the tune of 40 grand, did you not, Miserable Meri?)

Now that we are back from commercial # 975, the music is a bit ominous and tense. Janelle arrives at Christine's house. She tells Christine that two strangers came up to her while they were all on vacation in California and told her Meri closed on Mormon Tara! Janelle feels that it's quite awkward, because she doesn't know something that the average person on the street in Parowan DOES know, even though Meri is her sister wife. Janelle also says Maddie said Meri asked her to help move some furniture, and Christine, obviously surprised, says "She's CLOSED?" Janelle says she doesn't know, but she must have closed on the house and moved her mother in.

Janelle says in a TH it seems like this would be a pretty big deal, seems like something Meri would share with them, as it is a big milestone. Christine thinks it's weird that Meri wouldn't have asked them to help them move her mom (I can see her not asking Janelle, since Meri's brother/Janelle's ex-husband was there, but yeah, maybe Meri would've/should've asked Christine or some other family members). Christine is full of questions and Janelle just doesn't know the answers. Christine looks pretty left out and pissed off, to me. She says let's invite everyone over to talk about this.

Rather than just come out and say "someone spilled the beans Meri, why didn't you tell us", Janelle launches into some bizarre speech about how being in their family is like living in a small town, and there's really no secrets, gossip is going to fly and people will find things out...Good. Lord. Meri says that yes, she did close on the house.

Kody, in one of his classic Kadoofus moves, says "I knew this, I just didn't think to tell you guys." What??? Then he goes off about how sometimes he tells things he shouldn't and sometimes he forgets to tell them things.

Christine says she has JUST learned this from Janelle, and now she's finding out that Kody knew...she asks Robyn, did you know? Robyn says she did know, after the fact. During this vacation, Meri told Robyn that she'd closed and moved her mother in. Now, she tells everyone that when Meri told her, she hid that she was kind of hurt to hear about it after the fact, because she felt so emotionally invested in the whole thing. Meri says that she has an answer for all them, if they want to hear it. They say that they do want to hear it.

We go to a Meri TH - it bothers her that they're so upset by this. To Meri, it was just a quick thing where she had to get going and move her mom and get home to Vegas within 72 hours. 

Back at Christine's, she says she would have loved to have told them all at the time, but she didn't want to until she could get them all together. (Were you not all together on the trip? Was it impossible to send a group text, since you were pressed for time? I can understand that she was a bit pressed for time regarding moving her mother...but she couldn't tell them hey, I've got to go to Lehi and pack up my mom, we're closing! And none of them noticed Meri was gone, presumably overnight because she went first to Lehi to pack up her Mom and then to Parowan to unpack her mom? GAHHHHH!!!!)

Meri says she did call Kody to see if he could meet her in Parowan and help unpack her mom, but he had to "work". Kody says in a TH that "It almost seems like the only person Meri wanted helping her was me. And if I couldn't help her, she wasn't going to tell anyone else about it, and was just going to go get it done herself."

Now, back at Christine, Meri starts with the tears. There have been SO many times that Meri has invited them and asked them to do something with her, or for her, or share with her...Robyn makes a slight move of her head and Meri jumps at her, saying "DON'T! Just....this is how I FILL!"

Meri says "Not one of you guys have come to me and talked to me about and been involved unless I instigate the conversation. Not one of you. EVER. It's always me instigating it."

Robyn and Janelle both say they feel kind of hurt that they were going to try to figure out a way to get the money if they could have more time, and now they wren't even told it was a done deal.

Meri (of course) goes to her old stand by...."I'm the victim!" She tells us "I feel like I"m being ATTACKED here!" (I just have to pause here for a moment and say, this whiny, crying baby needs to ACTUALLY get her ass attacked sometime, because people quietly, not raising their voices, saying "we're kinda hurt" is not being attacked. We need a shark (or a toaster) to attack her so she'll know what an attack ACTUALLY is).

Now, in a TH, Meri says "This is something that did, BY myself, ON my own, and I'm excited about it and I'm proud of it, and I wanted to tell them. And I DIDN'T get to tell them, and instead somebody else did, and now I'm in trouble!" (cue the pout) "It's STUPID!"

Yes, Meri, is IS stupid...it's stupid that you think you can make anyone believe that your only intention was to wait until everyone was together to tell them, and we're supposed to believe you couldn't make that happen WHILE YOU WERE ALL ON VACATION TOGETHER! It's stupid that no one can express any feeling, such as that they are a little hurt, without you crying and blowing up and shouting NOW I'M IN TROUBLE! Grow. The fuck. Up. 

Kody says in a TH that the gulf between the opinions is so vast that the discussion just doesn't seem worthy of being addressed, while a mournful violin plays in the background. (If I may translate here...I believe this is Kody-speak for "Meri's never going to admit that there were multiple opportunities to tell the rest of you while we were on vacation because she can never admit she has been wrong in her entire life, ever, so why are we even bothering to talk about this.")

Everyone is talking very quietly and trying to accept Meri's bullshit story of "but I had to get you all TOGETHER and I just COULDN'T!!!" Christine says even though it would have been nice if they'd all been told and could've celebrated at the time, they can still all do something to celebrate this together. Meri says "Ugh. OK. WHATEVER". (I think Kody may have been right...he's the only one she wanted to know...because he's the only one she was hoping to "celebrate" with. She's obviously not excited to celebrate this with everyone!)

Now we go to a Meri TH - where she says "We could have very easily have come into this meeting, right now, and allowed me to say 'Hey guys, guess what happened last week? I got the house!' This is exciting to me, you know? Let me HAVE that!" (Ummmm, nobody TOOK it away from you, you selfish, spoiled, insufferable BRAT! If that's what you really wanted, then why DIDN'T you walk into this meeting and say 'hey guys, before we do anything else, I have some exciting news?' THEY didn't TAKE THAT AWAY from you! YOU NEVER took ANY of the opportunities you had TO TELL THEM! No, of course not, it's all waa waa poor me, LET ME HAVE THAT!)

And now, back at Christine's, just like last week, we get the "I have a whole lot of thoughts about this, but I don't know what to say to not get myself in trouble! And didn't do anything wrong here!!!!" bawl bawl, sniffle sniffle.

They tell her no one's saying she did anything wrong, they'd just like to express how they feel, that they are hurt to be left out, and now Meri's going to start throwing her hands around and she has on her REALLY ugly cry face and says "I just feel like I'm always doin' somethin' wrong! No matter WHAT I DO, I'm doing something wrong!" and this ridiculousness goes on for quite awhile, Meri wiping away her tears, flailing, and crying out "No matter what I do, I'm always doing something wrong!"

Then we get into this whole stupid conversation of "being pulled in". Robyn starts by saying "We keep trying to pull you in", and Meri loses her freaking marbles, both in Christine's living room and in the TH's, getting all loud and defensive about "You don't need to pull me in! I'm here! I don't want to be pulled in! I just want to BE!"

Now this sentence, I just love....if I ever need to get myself out of trouble, when I've completely been a horse's ass, I'm using this sentence of Meri's - "I'm just doing what I'm doing and that's okay and I need to be allowed to just do what I'm gonna do! I don't know! I don't know!" WTF is that? Is all this wailing and flailing of arms and gnashing of teeth really worth it to Meri? Is it really THAT hard to just say "Oh, sorry. I should've let you know."???? How somebody doesn't just punch her right in the throat is beyond me.

Robyn tries to ask Meri, could she not see that they were all very excited for her when she said she'd gotten her financing? You know, back when they all group hugged and shit themselves at Meri's house? Meri gets defensive about this as well.

Now, for some bizarre reason, Kody starts humming. Probably because he's lost his mind, which I nearly have, having to watch this. Christine snaps "Kody! Shut it! It's not your turn to make noises!" Meri says to him "This really isn't even about you, maybe just the four wives should talk." Kody says "This isn't really about me, huh?" Meri says "No, it's not!" Kody says "So it's not always about me, Meri, it's about you."

Apparently Christine doesn't like this, because she says "Oh my gosh, Kody sometimes it is about you, so just stop it!" Kody snaps back "All those fights you guys have were about me?" Christine says "You know what, YEAH!" Kody retorts "This isn't your gig Christine, it's Meri's." Christine says to him "I'm sorry, stop talking!" He says "I WASN'T talking!" Christine says "You just started talking now!"

Then we go to the TH with Kody that made me laugh out loud, folks...where Kody says "I haven't been talking this whole time. Just listenin' to this bullshit!" ha ha ha ha ha! I don't like him but by God, he's kind of got a point there, for the most part he's been just sitting there listening to this shit go around and around....

Then he says "I'm just done. I'm done, okay? So...these ladies are just dancing around the truth. I'm just done."

Now were back at Christine's living room and Meri tells him that he just keeps "sighing" and "glaring". I'm pretty sure at this point, Kody can't even BREATHE correctly. He's gonna be in trouble with SOMEBODY in that room for how he's breathing. I'm no Kody fan....I can't freaking stand him....but when these four women have a problem between themselves? This guy can't do anything right. He'd be smart to put a bomb shelter somewhere on their new properties when they move, because he's going to need one. Christine is afraid, for some reason, IMO, to blow up at Meri and tell her how much it bugs her that Meri didn't tell her...but for some strange reason, she instead talks softly, like she's speaking to a 2 yr old to Meri, and then blows up at Kody for some stupid little thing. I'd love to know what the count is, just so far this season, two episodes, on how many times Christine has told Kody to "shut up" or "stop talking".

Kody then says in a TH that they need to drop this, work on their relationships, and that this kind of nonsense is right where Meri and he were 3 years ago, they were mean to each other, and it's all "you did this" and "you did that" and he thinks sometimes you just have to say "Ok I was wrong", even if you think you were right, and "just let it freaking go!"

Janelle says in a TH that there's kind of two conversations going on here...that they've been working on all of their relationships as a family, but especially with Meri, and that's what this is really about, it's not really about the house. (I would tend to agree....my question though it, why bother working on your relationship with such a freaking bitch? I know from personal experience, you can work all you want, if the other person is NEVER going to work on it and is NEVER going to be wrong, you can work your whole life on that and you won't get ANYWHERE.)

They ask Meri to keep them involved...she tells them she'd like to move a few things to the Parowan house, and everyone promises to check their schedules and see if they can help her with that. They break up the meeting and head back to their own homes while Kody lays there in a chair, seeming exhausted and stunned by everything that just happened and not understanding women AT ALL.

After another commercial, everyone is getting ready to go over to Meri's to load of a bunch of crap some lovely things to bring to Mormon Tara. Truely and Solomon are along for the ride because they don't have school today. They discuss what needs to go, and put smaller things in cars, and decide they need the trailer.

Kody can't get some kind of lock off the trailer's hitch, and Truely makes several cute suggestions that a small child of course, would make, and Kody is actually very patient and funny with her. Kody says he's going to have to go get a grinder (not the sandwich, the power tool) and break into his own trailer because it's rusted and the key's not working. Kody starts to grind his way through a metal bar to unlock the hitch. Christine says "It's not like in the movies, you can't shoot it with a gun?" Priceless! HA! Kody laughs but Christine insists she's seen it in movies, for years! 

Kody grinds his way through, gets the lock off, then he kisses his grinder and says "I love you". Meri says "Damn, I wish I was a grinder!" (Slipped in another little reference to that again, didn't you Mer? Does she really want everyone to know that things aren't going worth a shit between them? I don't quite get why she wants to keep reminding everyone of this!)

They get the rest of the furniture out of Meri's house, and after all that, don't even need the trailer. And they're only and hour and a half behind schedule.

Meri tells us she now has a name for the B&B, Lizzie's Heritage in, after her great-grandmother (now that she's figured out which side of her family lived there....eye roll...)

Janelle blathers on about how she loves things coming full circle, Meri's family home coming back around to her, etc. 

Meri unwraps a picture of "Sarah". Christine says "So Sarah was..???" and Meri's mom says "The home was built for her. She raised...I don't remember how many children." These people are really into their family history, though!

Kody wraps it up by saying he's very proud of Meri, and just by sheer will, she found something very important to her, and she did it, and she didn't need him to do it for her, and if the family had solved that problem for her by loaning her the money, she'd have never had that same success.

They have a big group toast outside the Inn, like they weren't all just at each other's throats the other day, where Janelle is again all excited and we get to see Robyn sob for the first time this season.

Next week's previews - Ysabel's curve looks worse to Christine, and she's going to have more x-rays. Aspyn and Mitch have an announcement. And, Mitch states "I would never force her to become a polygamist. I don't know that I would necessarily go out and seek other women." (What? So if women come seeking you, you might, though? What the hell is he saying, or not saying here?) There's a grand opening for Meri's Mormon Tara, and Kody is rambling about being tired of Nevada, how he wants to move back to Utah, and how his wives don't want to do it.

Can I just say how much I appreciate all that you wrote, SASHA? Thank you for the thorough recap. There were so many tidbits that I forgot of missed. And I FLOVED your take and editorials on EVERYTHING! :)

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Did they actually show the poo?  Or was it just a manufactured story line for this "reality" show to allow hilarity to ensue...

They showed the hordes of birds and where there is smoke, there is fire!  :D

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm sure a majority of students do these days.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

But there seems to be some speculation that the money is being spent for other than education.  Eating out nearly every day in Chicago doesn't come cheap.  Nor are the cycling classes.  And, again, no mention of jobs, classes, studying, school, professors, or college friends at all on her social media.

That's how a lot of young people make money these days. I rarely go on Instagram now cause it's all shilling for protein powder, yoga classes etc. Every minor celeb from Big Brother to whatever is making money this way. Talking about school won't earn you anything. Not a fan of it, but it's not for my age group. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, guerra1942 said:

cant we just change the title of this show to "MERI and her sister wives"? 

Meri and her lies have run the last four seasons!  She's their wicked star.  

13 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

The big question for me is why is everyone groveling to Meri. She's been checked out of this family for years. So why do they even care? She's selfish, bitchy and doesn't seem to care about anyone but herself. I don't get it. Just cut her loose

She's the cash cow for this franchise!  Yep the villain moneymaker!

46 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Pudge is a much of a passive-aggressive, entitled witch as her mother.  She'll hang around and use it against Meri whenever it's convenient or she wants something.

And wants something is what she is!  She loves being the only one supporting dad Kody!  Sometimes we get hung up on the kids and moms and forget they have a dad they seem to respect and love!  Mariah is going to the mat for kody.  She knows her mother sooo well!

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Did they actually show the poo?  Or was it just a manufactured story line for this "reality" show to allow hilarity to ensue...

Oh, they showed it - there were little white dots all over the grass, including the ground where they laid their blankets.  It looked like a park near me, where people feed the ducks despite the signs asking people to not do that.  I can't imagine which one of these clowns decided that this would be the perfect set-up for a picnic.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

To bail every time things get nasty is such a cowardly thing to do, and he's been doing it since the show aired.  It's just so gross.  Kody is so gross.

He's got the Cowardly Lion hairdo down pat.

• Love 9