Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

How did Aston get loose? That's pretty irresponsible. 

This is scary.  I remember Kyle's dog getting loose as well. Ran right out of the gate and down the street. Could have been hit by a car. Kyle laughed and thought it was funny.  At least not take it lightly. I recall Brandi's dog went missing as well. Coyotes are everywhere. 

• Love 2

LuAnn is pretty self-centered and if I had to live with her she'd drive me crazy.  But what I would do to have her hair!  Even in her mug shot her hair still looked not too bad.  Honestly, no matter what style she chooses, long or short, her hair always looks fabulous.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

LuAnn is pretty self-centered and if I had to live with her she'd drive me crazy.  But what I would do to have her hair!  Even in her mug shot her hair still looked not too bad.  Honestly, no matter what style she chooses, long or short, her hair always looks fabulous.

Her face looks fabulous as well. Very natural. She appears to be one of very few housewives that hasn't rearranged her face.

• Love 14

It does look like it has 2 layers to it, being a regular mask with the "veil" layover it...

Still, between the design of the mask and her comment...a bit cringey.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:
  Reveal spoiler

In the “still to come” previews, did they show Lu dancing with a person of short stature?

Is there any chance that they will handle this in a respectful way?

I started laughing even before I read the spoiler, because the word “respectful” about a cast member of RHONY (since Tinsley left) is just funny.

(of course, I had wrist surgery on Friday and transitioned from pain killers to my pain killer of choice - wine

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:
  Hide contentsa person of short stature?

Is there any chance that they will handle this in a respectful way?

You’re kidding right?

How far is this nonsense going to go?

Let’s just fire Luann and edit her out of the rest of the season.

(edited)
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wonder if she bought the house to make money by reselling, or if she thought it was a good fit for a sober lifestyle that just didn’t stick.

That's a good point. I feel like one reason she bought that house was so she could go drink up there without prying eyes or "paparazzi" trying to get pictures of her drinking. Now that she just drinks again out in the open, no need to do so in secrecy. Also, I think she likes being part of the "scene" and in the middle of the Hamptons scene. She probably just went through a brief period where she was embarrassed by her arrest and trying to lay low for awhile. She doesn't strike me as one who wants a peaceful, quiet place to go recharge and reflect and enjoy her own company. 

I don't think she bought the house to make money re-selling it though. Remember how she was trying to borrow money from strangers to ridiculously overpay for that other house? And then she had to settle for this one because it was in her "budget." (As Bethenny oh so kindly got in that dig.) I think it was just an impulse buy during a manic period. It was kind of an odd house. That guest room with the stove in it? Lol.

Edited by divsc
typo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 6/19/2020 at 1:19 PM, essexjan said:

In photo 11 of the real estate listing you can see the candlesticks Ramona bought as a housewarming gift.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/243-Tilden-St_Port-Ewen_NY_12466_M33040-67687#photo10

I would die for a house like that in the mountains.  I’m surprised she’s selling, being she’s a skier.  She probably bought it for her sobriety.  The Hamptons is nice too, but not much to do in the winter.  She does have the N.Y. Apt. tho, but a house on the Hudson River is spectacular.  Too bad.

• Love 4

I'm not surprised LuAnn is selling her house. I grew up in the Hudson Valley - not Ulster County, but we would frequently go to the mall in Kingston, and I have still have family in Ulster towns. All you have to do is look at the homes currently for sale in Port Ewen. LuAnn's is the second most-expensive, but it's obvious that she doesn't live in a fabulous, socialite-heavy town.

Kingston might have become a little more hip, but a recent drive-through showed me that it's still largely the same as I remember. Towns like New Paltz, Rosendale, Phoenicia (and of course Woodstock) are artsy, but the only thing I know about Port Ewen is an old roller rink I went to. I got a sense that LuAnn liked living in what she considered a more bohemian place (compared to the Hamptons) as she considered herself to be an artist and was among her peeps. But maybe she realized that her cabaret appeal was limited up there, or that there was no social scene for her to become part of. 

I just don't see LuAnn anywhere other than the Hamptons or NYC. She needs a place to look fabulous and people to air-kiss and call darling. Port Ewen was like an experiment that didn't suit her. Maybe she thought it would be like that time she got all edgy and hung out downtown with her niece (1st or 2nd season), listened to a band and bought a $10 necklace on the street. 

But hey, she gave it a try. Remember how traumatized Ramona was just to go to Heather's place in the Berkshires?!

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

16 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Thanks for sharing!  I actually REALLY like the song - the message and the tune.  

13 hours ago, funnygirl said:

The Statue of Liberty is the quintessential diva. 

The lyric "It's cruelty free, like me" followed by "shut up" cracked me up. 

Say what you will about the song, Lu looks fantastic. Her body be bangin! 

She really does have an amazing figure.  It's as good as Leah's.

Actually, all the NYC women have great figures.  For their ages, Ramona, Sonja, and Luanne really bring it.  I'm of their age and trying to lose weight.  I would LOVE to know their exercise and diet regimes.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Just recently started watching Poldark.  Spotted Sally Dexter as Mrs. Chwnoweth.  Am I all sorts of crazy to see an older, poorly reconstructed Countess de Lesseps here?

sally dexter.jpg

I see LVP

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I really liked Luann's song! It would have gone over well back in the late 70's and probably still does in a type of dance club/music way to a certain group of people.  She photographs beautifully. Well done, Luann!  (I like her a LOT better than Erica Jayne...) 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, stcroix said:

I really liked Luann's song! It would have gone over well back in the late 70's and probably still does in a type of dance club/music way to a certain group of people.  She photographs beautifully. Well done, Luann!  (I like her a LOT better than Erica Jayne...) 

I had never thought of comparing the two before. They’re a lot alike. Came from humble beginnings and had dreams of being onstage. Luann is a much sexier performer. I’ve always had a girl crush on her, but she has really gotten gorgeous since divorcing Tom. 

• Love 4
On 9/2/2020 at 6:15 PM, chewycandy said:

I had never thought of comparing the two before. They’re a lot alike. Came from humble beginnings and had dreams of being onstage. Luann is a much sexier performer. I’ve always had a girl crush on her, but she has really gotten gorgeous since divorcing Tom. 

Erika's sexuality is performative. It's all "here's my kitty, my titties, and my ass. I'll give you sexy baby if you give me all your cash." It's rolling around half-naked while moaning, but it's so obviously fake because Erika is uptight as shit, has no sense of humor, and has one of the most jaded 100 yard stripper stare that I've ever seen. Erika would never drop her veneer long enough to fuck a rando during the cast trip or participate in one of Sonja's drunken make-outs. Luann enjoys sex. You can tell and it comes through. It's part of the reason that Luann's Countess shtick comes across as fake and contrived. The real Luann loves a party and her men. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 9/25/2020 at 11:48 AM, RedDelicious said:

I love Brad.

Don't laugh, but I actually REALLY like the song. It's very good for what it is. It won't make radio, but it has a home in lots of scenarios, I think. 

Best song of all housewives so far, IMO.  Well, Tardy for the Party works really well for a dance club, so that would be 2nd.

I can't stomach anything from Erika Jayne. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
On 9/26/2020 at 8:42 PM, HunterHunted said:

Erika's sexuality is performative. It's all "here's my kitty, my titties, and my ass. I'll give you sexy baby if you give me all your cash." It's rolling around half-naked while moaning, but it's so obviously fake because Erika is uptight as shit, has no sense of humor, and has one of the most jaded 100 yard stripper stare that I've ever seen. Erika would never drop her veneer long enough to fuck a rando during the cast trip or participate in one of Sonja's drunken make-outs. Luann enjoys sex. You can tell and it comes through. It's part of the reason that Luann's Countess shtick comes across as fake and contrived. The real Luann loves a party and her men. 

I LOVE this post, @HunterHunted!!! Because honestly, you hit the nail on *everything* I loathe about Ericka. And I absolutely adored her during her first season or two because I didn’t yet realize what an uptight frigid bitch she truly is...turns out Ericka is just a big phony and a jaded old stripper who doesn’t even seem to like sex unless she can sell her own bougie fantasy of sex.

Whereas you know Luann just effortlessly oozes sex!! The minute she gave us the gift that was that whole “so be cool, don’t be all like, uncool” scene of her rationalizing getting some good random vacay dick was when I truly fell in love with Luann. I’m always going to remember the sexy gal in her swimsuit casually shrugging while purring, “Who cares? Shit happens...” And her arguing that she “could’ve been hanging from the chandelier” and her conquests were no one else’s business!

So keep on it, Lu! Bethenny and the gang are just jealous that they’ll never have your game.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Lu's wedding dress she wore when she married Tom is on the auction block,  it is up to $250 with four days to go. 

Where is it for auction? My limited Google searches didn’t discover any results 

Edited by Stats Queen