Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Lu walked out on a restaurant bill that included a seafood tower and a bottle of Grey Goose, I guess she is drinking again?

I'm glad to see it isn't affecting her judgment.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Lu walked out on a restaurant bill that included a seafood tower and a bottle of Grey Goose, I guess she is drinking again?

Does anyone really believe she ever stopped? -other than long enough to blow clean, then party on!

3 hours ago, bosawks said:

I'm glad to see it isn't affecting her judgment.

Didn't she have a reputation, in previous seasons, of splitting before the check came?

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Didn't she have a reputation, in previous seasons, of splitting before the check came?

Oh yes and the story even referenced the famous surfing lesson incident with Bethenny where Lu stuck then barely making it Bethenny with the bill while The Countess bounced. 

But I don't get why she was allowed to go day(s) without paying.  If I was the waiter/manager I would have called the cops, lol. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Does anyone really believe she ever stopped? -other than long enough to blow clean, then party on!

Yeah, you’re right. She was only ever sober long enough in order to blow clean.

She definitely enjoys never paying. And laughs when others seem annoyed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

But I don't get why she was allowed to go day(s) without paying.  If I was the waiter/manager I would have called the cops, lol. 

In the article, one guest said Lu’s server was very attentive. Lu probably figured serving her was a really special experience. Thus, entitling her to take her sweet time finally paying.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/15/2021 at 4:45 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Does anyone really believe she ever stopped?

Nope...that why her taking the anonymous out of AA was so annoying...AA is crystal clear about "remaining anonymous at the level of press, radio, and films". We didn't need her as a spokesmodel.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 5

I just can't understand why she would do this.  She had to know that it wouldn't just go unnoticed in the press, and that she would end up not only having to pay the restaurant, but also dealing with the negative publicity.  I wonder if it's possible that it really was a misunderstanding (everyone thought someone else had paid).  Not because she isn't capable of being cheap and entitled (she definitely is), but because I just can't believe she would be that stupid.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

I just can't understand why she would do this.  She had to know that it wouldn't just go unnoticed in the press

I'm betting that she doesn't remember anything. Doing things - drunk, in a total blackout - things we would never do sober is sometimes the tipping point for people to get help.

Suffice it to say that I am very grateful that there is no photo or video record of my drinking daze!

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 12
On 12/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, OldButHappy said:

I'm betting that she doesn't remember anything. Doing things - drunk, in a total blackout - things we would never do sober is sometimes the tipping point for people to get help.

Perhaps.

Addiction and entitlement go together whether sober or drunk. Unfortunately, we get to see what assholes they really are when the alcohol isn’t there to act as a buffer. “How dare you call me out There must be a misunderstanding. It will be handled right away by my enabler so my sorry ass doesn’t go to jail again. Why do these things always happen to me!”

Edited by Showthyme
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I don't know if any of you guys watch Project Runway, but the next episode airing on 6 January features Real Housewives from various franchises (OC, NYC and Potomac) with the designers having to make them outfits for a reunion show. Luann is one of the RHs, and I think I also saw Shannon Beador in the preview too, but it was very quick so I'm not 100% sure. I haven't watched RHOC for a couple of seasons, and only watch RHONYC now, so I don't recognise HWs from other franchises anymore. The guest judge is Andy Cohen. Whichever designer gets Luann I think will be fortunate, as hers is an easy body to dress.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

So Tom got engaged, and, what a nasty kick in the teeth - he did it on the date of his and Luann's wedding anniversary.  I have no doubt he would be aware of how hurtful this would be to Luann.

I'm finally watching Ultimate Girls Trip and so far, LuAnn is coming off well. She looks great and is candid about her blink-and-you'll-miss-it marriage to Tom. She referred to him as "a drinking buddy" and didn't seem to miss him at all. I never got the fuss over the guy but I'm guessing there are fewer than 10 eligible bachelors on the UES. (Ditto for Dubious Dubin.)

• Love 6
On 12/31/2021 at 6:59 PM, essexjan said:

I don't know if any of you guys watch Project Runway, but the next episode airing on 6 January features Real Housewives from various franchises (OC, NYC and Potomac) with the designers having to make them outfits for a reunion show. Luann is one of the RHs, and I think I also saw Shannon Beador in the preview too, but it was very quick so I'm not 100% sure. I haven't watched RHOC for a couple of seasons, and only watch RHONYC now, so I don't recognise HWs from other franchises anymore. The guest judge is Andy Cohen. Whichever designer gets Luann I think will be fortunate, as hers is an easy body to dress.

I’ve only watched a few minutes, but, boy, does Lu love herself. After Christian reveals the housewives, Lu says, “They are so excited.”

Guess how many minutes pass before Lu tells her designer that she does cabaret?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 11

She pretty much told everyone immediately, LOL.

Luann presented herself extraordinarily on the show though.  She was extremely gracious to her designer, and they had a great collaboration.  The dress that the designer made for Luann was great.  Luann looked fantastic in it.  But Luann's RUNWAY WALK.  Oh my god.  She brought down the house.  She was amazing.

They won the challenge!

I wish I had pictures and/or video for you, but not yet, it seems.

These pictures doesn't do it justice:

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12

I didn't love Luann's look, although to be sure Shantall had the easiest HW to dress, as Luann knows how to walk and has an amazing figure. TBH, the blazer/lingerie vibe reminded me of this video from vintage UK comic Tommy Cooper. I thought Shannon's outfit should have won. Shannon lacks confidence in her body, she's not very tall, and she's short-waisted and curvy. Bones's design highlighted all her best features, she looked gorgeous and it was obvious she loved it and felt beautiful.

I don't watch Potomac and, OMG, those women are scary.

• Love 8

I didn't like that outfit at all.  It reminded me of Victor/Victoria.  Bleh.

The designer who did Leah's dress nailed it, despite it being nothing that Leah described as wanting.  But it was a great dress, and 100% Leah.

• Love 6

Looking forward to seeing the PR episode, but I don't like Luann's dress. I could see it on Leah, though. I think Luann would have looked better in something more form-fitting and less fussy and in a lighter color to accentuate her dark hair. Kudos to her though, for really selling it.

• Love 5

While we wait until they figure out what to do with this franchise, I think it's safe to say that LuAnn will probably stick around since she was picked for both the Ultimate Girls Trip and Project Runway. 

I mean, I know anything is possible but since she was the only one across any franchise to be featured in other Bravo shows I think it's safe to say that either the network or the production company has faith in her, a little bit surprising since her Cabaret storyline has been running on for years now and she hasn't done anything else. Of course, her main competition is Leah, Ramona and Sonja, so I guess she gets top billing on NYC. 

Of course, maybe we'll be surprised and the whole cast will get fired, but if anyone survives I think it will be her. 

On 12/17/2021 at 11:27 AM, Mstk3000 said:

I just can't understand why she would do this.  She had to know that it wouldn't just go unnoticed in the press, and that she would end up not only having to pay the restaurant, but also dealing with the negative publicity.  I wonder if it's possible that it really was a misunderstanding (everyone thought someone else had paid).  Not because she isn't capable of being cheap and entitled (she definitely is), but because I just can't believe she would be that stupid.

I 100% believe she is cheap and believes she deserves to get comped, but don't all reality people and celebrities do this? I remember years ago I was watching a low-tier reality show (it probably was the Bad Girls Club... Don't judge) and one of the cast members sort of broke the fourth wall and was fighting with a bartender saying that they thought they were going to get comped because they were on television, to which the bartender said that they get bigger celebrities so they don't need the exposure. 

Maybe LuAnn thought since she's a "cabaret star" she thought such banalities like paying her bills weren't necessary since she's "the Countess". 

Or, you know, it really was a misunderstanding. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Seeing how karma is dealing with Luann after the way she treated Alex has been a wonderful gift.  Alex seems to be living a happy life while Luann is continually having issues.

reminds me of when former housewife Cat from DC called her out on WWHL.  

https://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-4/episode-29/videos/after-show-with-luann-and-cat-0

Fantastic. Even though Cat might have had too much alcohol to drink, she still showed what an idiot Lu is.

Alex is thriving. Lu is… treading water. And getting tired.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3

A sloppy drunk Luann got thrown out of a gay bar last night after refusing to give up the microphone and shouting f--K you to those who were booing her. She cannot control herself when she gets drunk. A matter of time before she get arrested again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

A sloppy drunk Luann got thrown out of a gay bar last night after refusing to give up the microphone and shouting f--K you to those who were booing her. She cannot control herself when she gets drunk. A matter of time before she get arrested again.

https://pagesix.com/2022/03/17/drunk-luann-de-lesseps-kicked-out-of-gay-piano-bar/amp/

I love that they refer to "Money Can’t Buy You Cla-ASS” as a critically-trashed song.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 3/17/2022 at 11:01 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

https://pagesix.com/2022/03/17/drunk-luann-de-lesseps-kicked-out-of-gay-piano-bar/amp/

I love that they refer to "Money Can’t Buy You Cla-ASS” as a critically-trashed song.

Does anyone know why some people act out when they get intoxicated?  I’ve seen it first hand and I’ve never understood it.  I was in a relationship with someone once and for the first year they were wonderful, kind, thoughtful, caring, peaceful, loving, etc.  Then he became a total jerk when he drank. He would become rude, obnoxious and even violent to those around him, even good friends who had done nothing to him.  It was bizarre.  I’ve known some female friends who have gotten belligerent before when drunk, and I don’t get that either.  I realize that alcohol lowers your inhibitions, but why so mean?  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know why some people act out when they get intoxicated?  I’ve seen it first hand and I’ve never understood it.  I was in a relationship with someone once and for the first year they were wonderful, kind, thoughtful, caring, peaceful, loving, etc.  Then he became a total jerk when he drank. He would become rude, obnoxious and even violent to those around him, even good friends who had done nothing to him.  It was bizarre.  I’ve known some female friends who have gotten belligerent before when drunk, and I don’t get that either.  I realize that alcohol lowers your inhibitions, but why so mean?  

I think that they constantly repress their anger and resentment, so when the alcohol diminishes their inhibitions, everything that they really feel comes out. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think that they constantly repress their anger and resentment, so when the alcohol diminishes their inhibitions, everything that they really feel comes out. 

I guess. I just don’t get what there’re so angry about.  And, why do these people ruin everyone else’s good time.  It’s so bizarre.  Most people know Luanne’s MO by now.  I’m surprised her friends continue to party with her.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess. I just don’t get what there’re so angry about.  And, why do these people ruin everyone else’s good time.  It’s so bizarre.  Most people know Luanne’s MO by now.  I’m surprised her friends continue to party with her.

I suspect Lu is angry that she messed up with the Count and Tom. Life was cushy with Alex, but she wanted more, so she moved back to the States? Then he started canoodling around. She was arrogant enough to think she could maintain a long distance relationship with Alex because she is, afterall, Lu de Lesseps. 
Then she thought hot sex with Tom would change his tomcat way of life. Because, once again, she’s so arrogant.

Pure speculation, of course.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Alcohol is an interesting drug.  It does lower inhibitions, and that impacts people in different ways.  Some turn into the life of the party, some become angry drunks, some become morose and maudlin, some talk a lot, some become very quiet, some get very bold and daring (and drunk dial...), some become very friendly and open, some become amorous, some you can hardly tell they've been drinking at all... 

I don't think they've ever discovered, or even tried to discover, why alcohol brings out certain behaviors in some and different behaviors in others.  It must have to do with the way each of our brains is wired, because it seems pretty consistent over time.  That's been my experience, but mostly around average drinking.  Alcoholism adds another layer of complexity.

I once dated someone whom I thought was funny and charming, fun and cheerful.  It was only after a month or so that I realized I had mostly hung out with him when he was drinking, and when he was his normal sober self, he was actually dull and unpleasant to be around.  I liked him much better when he'd had a couple drinks in him.  So yeah, that relationship ended quickly!

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, izabella said:

Alcohol is an interesting drug.  It does lower inhibitions, and that impacts people in different ways.  Some turn into the life of the party, some become angry drunks, some become morose and maudlin, some talk a lot, some become very quiet, some get very bold and daring (and drunk dial...), some become very friendly and open, some become amorous, some you can hardly tell they've been drinking at all... 

I don't think they've ever discovered, or even tried to discover, why alcohol brings out certain behaviors in some and different behaviors in others.  It must have to do with the way each of our brains is wired, because it seems pretty consistent over time.  That's been my experience, but mostly around average drinking.  Alcoholism adds another layer of complexity.

I once dated someone whom I thought was funny and charming, fun and cheerful.  It was only after a month or so that I realized I had mostly hung out with him when he was drinking, and when he was his normal sober self, he was actually dull and unpleasant to be around.  I liked him much better when he'd had a couple drinks in him.  So yeah, that relationship ended quickly!

Yeah.  It also works the other way. Have you heard the song You Ain’t Much Fun Since I Quit Drinking? Lol. Not to make fun of alcohol abuse, but it makes a point about how alcohol affects the entire family.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

You dated a real life Fun Bobby!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 3/19/2022 at 12:41 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I suspect Lu is angry that she messed up with the Count and Tom. Life was cushy with Alex, but she wanted more, so she moved back to the States? Then he started canoodling around. She was arrogant enough to think she could maintain a long distance relationship with Alex because she is, afterall, Lu de Lesseps. 
Then she thought hot sex with Tom would change his tomcat way of life. Because, once again, she’s so arrogant.

Pure speculation, of course.

I think Lu had a problem with Alex and Tom's extracurriculars being discussed openly. To my mind Alex had the control in that relationship and I kind of believe Luann when she says he's the one who wanted an open marriage. 

I get that having your life do a 180 at 45-55 years of age is a nightmare. So I feel a little bit of empathy when I watch divorced HWs act out. But that shrinks quite a bit when they have as little self-awareness as Luann. The Tom stuff always felt like her wanting to marry into a Palm Beach life...which ironically does not seem like one that West Palm Tom can afford on his own. And I think he believed 1. she was more well-off and 2. he would lead some kind of semi-famous life with her, bc I'm in south FL and Danielle Rollins is all over the society mags - usually with Tom by her side. 

Tom's sure got a good thing going. If he can ignore the fact that his fiancee evokes the Ukrainians' suffering when showing her yacht tablescapes.  

• Love 5

Guys like Tom don’t give a fuck. He just wants to live a life of luxury doesn’t matter how.

I think Luann is only doing the whole apology thing and saying she’s gonna change because she got caught so publicly. If there was no video or all these ppl she wouldn’t be saying anything about it.

• Love 9

I feel bad for Luanne. Of all the RHONY wives, perhaps of all RH wives who haven't committed financial crimes, she has endured the most public scrutiny of her private life. Divorces, infidelities, alcohol  abuse, arrest/trial/jail, etc.

I think she, Ramona, and Sonja are in interesting positions. Single and of a certain age with standards for men that might be too high to reach given their age, place in life, and roles on reality tv. 

With kids gone, dogs dying, etc., how they fill their days is really up to them. Finding fulfilling ways to do it might be hard. I went through a hard time for a few reasons and I knew I needed to engage with people and feel valued so I volunteered for several years.

I'd actually LOVE to see any of these 3 take a volunteer job - but not just serving soup at a kitchen. A long-term, substantive job regarding an issue they feel strongly about.

Well, actually, I'd love to see any of them take any kind of job so long as its long-term and substantive. Seems clear they need more in their lives than what they have now.  I hope they find it.  Easier said than done.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, Jextella said:

I feel bad for Luanne. Of all the RHONY wives, perhaps all RH wives who haven't committed financial crimes, she has endured the most public scrutiny of her private life. Divorces, infidelities, alcohol (and I presume drugs) abuse, arrest/trial/prison, etc.

I agree with your whole post. 

Luann does some volunteer work which has been shown on the show. Not sure about Sonja or Ramona, though.

Just a note: Luanne went to jail, not prison.

I feel bad for her struggle with sobriety.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree with your whole post. 

Luann does some volunteer work which has been shown on the show. Not sure about Sonja or Ramona, though.

Just a note: Luanne went to jail, not prison.

I feel bad for her struggle with sobriety.

Post amended.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Jextella said:

Well, actually, I'd love to see any of them take any kind of job so long as its long-term and substantive. Seems clear they need more in their lives than what they have now.  I hope they find it.  Easier said than done.

Didn't Ramona get her real estate license during Covid quarantine?  She's started a whole new career and probably will do alright in it - she knows LOTS of people.   I think Ramona likes to work and that's okay.  

I've never seen Luann self aware enough to even ever laugh at herself much less help someone else.  Let's see - once (on camera) she instructed a group of teenage girls on their table manners - mostly by correcting them constantly.  Then there was the time she volunteered to talk to young women about modeling or some other ridiculous thing.  And didn't she bring a bunch of women fresh out of the clink to a hair salon?  All on camera and I"m thinking all a once and done.  

No, Lu is the woman that takes a camera person to gaze at a poster of herself advertising her Cabaret show. 

Sonja needs to get sober. 

• Love 9
On 3/19/2022 at 12:07 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

My theory is repressed anger, sadness, depression that these people aren't dealing with.  They don't want to confront it, they don't want to look inward, they don't want to go to therapy.  So when they drink, it all comes out.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:26 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sorry, I didn't realize you already said this.  Yes, I agree.

• Love 8

I don’t know what to make of these housewives who have been around a while and still seem to struggle.  I stopped watching the HW franchise and have lost track.  It seemed as if I outgrew it.  It would seem they have a fabulous life, but apparently all the things we attribute to the happy life doesn’t satisfy them.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8