Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Man Overboard

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I guess....whatever. I'll watch this next week before the next one. I don't appreciate being jerked around, lol.

Like Bravo cares. They know most of us will be there, even if they drag Ashton under water for the next three episodes. SCUBA gear, stat!

• Love 8

Claws are out.  They were so tired the last charter with just two of them.  But Kate is already over the new stew.

Deck crew is going to be on thin ice with the accident.  They edited it so Ross says he wishes he had a day with the new deckhand to go over the safety procedures and then Ashton gets pulled overboard.

That’s got to be weird for the guests, as soon as their charter departs port, there’s a potential life-threatening situation.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, scrb said:

That’s got to be weird for the guests, as soon as their charter departs port, there’s a potential life-threatening situation.

That, combined with the screaming match between Riley and Ross,  which was edited with shots of the guests leaning over the rails above decks so they wouldn't miss a word of the fight. Not exactly a source of all-around warm  fuzzies!

• Love 5

From WWHL: Brandi Glanville tweeted that she LOVES Rhylee. Rhylee loves her right back. Because of course.

The thought of the two of them together, drinking and tweeting (well, maybe throw in Caroline for the tweeting), is terrifying.

Edited by MrsWitter
Commas
  • Love 14

As others have noticed, i think there is a serious undercurrent of strangeness lurking in Adrian.  "Rhylee is not allowed in the galley at all and can't even glance in my direction!  She pushed a van seat back at me!!"  Ok....... 

Seems a tad overboard for such a minor thing and I don't even think Rhylee really has anything personal against Adrian.  It was just another one of her drunk outbursts.

I'm wouldn't be surprised at all if Adrian had a psychotic breakdown at some point during the season.

I know Rhylee has a serious chip on her shoulder and is kind of nuts but I strangely like her for some reason.  She goes about it completely wrong, but I think her intentions are actually decent.  She wants more responsibility and to help but just has no patience or tact.  I think with some maturity she may turn out OK.

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • Love 23
49 minutes ago, Joan van Snark said:

I know Rhylee has a serious chip on her shoulder and is kind of nuts but I strangely like her for some reason.  She goes about it completely wrong, but I think her intentions are actually decent.  She wants more responsibility and to help but just has no patience or tact.  I think with some maturity she may turn out OK.

I do as well, I went in not liking her because of all the preseason promos but with the way Chandler was with her made me see where she was coming from. I think the problem now is Chandler set the tone and now that he is gone she is still stuck in that mindset. I can't help wondering how she her attitude would be if Ross or Kelley or Eddie was the boson from the beginning.

• Love 15

I watched WWHL with Capt Lee, Ross, Rhylee.  Couple of things:

• I don't think there is going to be a Reunion and yet there is if there is ever a season that needs a two parter its this but I think AC only has a thing for Capt Yawn so only reunion for tehm
  • Ross is so shy and HOT - he just seems to be sweet
  • You should have caught the look when Lee had to talk about Kate and how Caroline had 3 pages of information, Ross and Red were whispering to each other, I do think there was somewhere in the middle of Kate and Carolines 
  • Regarding Unicorn man, I think Lee has a soft spot for Ben because he would not answer who he would want to eat his last meal from 
  • You should have seen how Rhylee was speaking to Lee and over everyone, a couple of times Lee was seeing Red and it was not the color of Rhylees hair, he hates her
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I've got something else to talk about. Did anyone besides me, watch "Unanchored"? If not.....don't bother. IT SUCKS. And I'm not going to follow the rules and oppen a thread for it either.

I bailed after about 5 minutes.  blech.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Laura is meh.  Was rude for her to criticize so soon but I'm sure casting worked to get somebody on board (pun intended) to clash with Kate and Josiah.  And made her attractive so Rhylee would have some competition. So nice of her to wear a swimsuit bottom that went up her ass.  Nooo - she's not looking to hook up with anybody.  Not at all;)

Tyler is cute. Nice to have some additional eye candy for the rest of the season.

Could have done without seeing Ross making out with Rhylee. 

And yes, Bravo sucks by once again teasing the "man overboard" thing.  I'm sure Ashton will be fine.  No, really.

I agree on everything.  Bravo knows how to string the audience along but it particularly annoyed me in this case.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Ross made her feel desirable, now she's calmed down a bit. 

Agreed. I hated the way Adrian acted all put out by their request. As if he's too talented and sophisticated to make a simple burger with some fries.

Well, Riley does want to feel useful.......🙄

Arrogant jerk!  I think, after the food had been served I'd have loudly cleared my throat..... "Ahem, where's my request, the burger and frys?????"

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 11

Laura was a genius pick. Nothing about the Caroline arc was the delicious, funny, dismissive mean girl-ing I was expecting and hoping to see from Kate and Josiah. It was a girl who was going through it trying to invent a pattern of sinister abuse where there was none (and not in the fun Kelly Bensimon "systematic bullying/satchels of gold" way, even). Now they've got somebody to hate where it'll actually be sporting, and therefore fun to watch (hopefully). Usually when we see a stew who won't shut up about their own past chief stew experience, it's the second stew -- it's going to be interesting to see her as third stew, especially when Kate and Josiah have been seemingly the most efficient duo in BD history...she's not going to have much of a leg to stand on in complaining that they're not working enough, but I look forward to her trying it anyway.

ETA: Baby alien chef has NEVER looked better than he did lounging at the resort talking to Laura. He needs to make a screenshot of that his new Tinder profile pic -- the lighting was just right, the sunglasses must have been hiding whatever it is with his face that kinda bothers me, the little flower in his hair...it was a good look. 

Edited by annewithaneee
  • Love 18
26 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I hated the way Adrian acted all put out by their request. As if he's too talented and sophisticated to make a simple burger with some fries. I get that you have all these concoctions up your sleeve; but, at the end of the day, you're there to deliver what the guests want. 

He said something similar in a previous episode. “All these people with their allergies and preferences LIMITS MY CREATIVITY.”  Waaaahhhh. Granted it can’t be easy to accommodate a bunch of separate wants and needs, but I hate it when people get put out by food allergies (real ones), as if the allergic person is intentionally being difficult. 

There’s also something to be said for the idea that limitations enhance creativity. Isn’t that the whole premise of Chopped? 

• Love 19
48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yup. That male dancer shit is so yuck to me. 

AMEN! Beards improve 85% of men. He didn't even look like the same person, to me. 

Ugh, yeah Ashton is way sexier when he's just being normal and funny than when he's trying to be sexy.

I don't even like beards and he looked SO much better to me too.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

Was there a preview for next week?  Mine jumped straight into the next show. 

Laura had her cloth napkin way too big,  and too many glasses.  Loved that Kate had to show her the right way,  lol. 

I wonder if Ashton gets laid now??

But didn't you LOVE that the reason she dropped and broke the glasses was that the "napkin wasn't ironed correctly and it had all these bumps."  Oh, genius?  Then why did you put it on the tray?  I have a feeling this is the crew member that drives Kate to the point of telling the captain "either she goes or I go."  

• Love 19
4 hours ago, miluyvr said:

she prepped the tray with the cabinet door ajar, and when she closed the door, the corner of the napkin got caught in the door, so when she lifted the tray, the napkin was stuck. [...] When Kate laid the glasses on her tray, all of the napkin corners were folded under, so no extra fabric was hanging over the edge of the tray (and she held the glasses down with her hand for extra safety).

So we have another one who knows it all and is never at fault. "Obviously" the person who incorrectly ironed the napkin is to blame, not (former) Super Chief Stew!

• Love 16
16 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I've got something else to talk about. Did anyone besides me, watch "Unanchored"? If not.....don't bother. IT SUCKS.

Agree 100%, I turned it off about halfway through, and I never turn off reality TV!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

From WWHL: Brandi Glanville tweeted that she LOVES Rhylee. Rhylee loves her right back. Because of course.

The thought of the two of them together, drinking and tweeting (well, maybe throw in Caroline for the tweeting), is terrifying.

I like Brandi AND I like Rhylee - so not sure what that says about me!

• Love 8

Ross, you stupid idiot, you can’t fire a woman who works under you after you go to her room and kiss her. Do you know how that looks? Doesn’t matter if she was into it; she can turn it into anything she wants now. Good luck.

I still like delicate flower Adrian, but if I had my mouth all set for a really good burger and got a lamb slider instead, I would definitely be a little annoyed. Luckily, he pulled it off. I also loved him casually making the dream catcher. That was so Adrian!

Laura, Laura. When you show up at a new job, always get the lay of the land before you put yourself out there. And don’t criticize your boss. And don’t blame your screw-ups on others. And don’t talk over your boss when she’s giving you instructions!

• Love 13

When the guys jumped on the slide (and Adrian in his chef's clothes) all I could think was "Ack- more laundry for the two stews!"

and those "truffled eggs"? I saw him just put some drops of that nasty truffle oil (which has *nothing* to do with truffles) that always gets slammed on cooking shows like Chopped or Top Chef. But the guests liked them....

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Blindfox said:

, but if I had my mouth all set for a really good burger and got a lamb slider instead, I would definitely be a little annoyed.

A little?  I'm a fussy eater. When I get my taste buds set for something THAT'S what I want.  If I had been at that table after expressing my disappointment I would have gotten up and left.

I was in Hawaii several years ago and had been swimming and kayaking in Kealakekua Bay for a couple of hours - sunburn of the century!  When I got out of the water I CRAVED a cheeseburger. And not just any cheeseburger, no Mickey D, and no lamb, no artisanal bread, no truffles or anything else a unicorn might use to cook with.  It had to be a world shatteringly good cheeseburger.   I drove all over the west side of the Big Island before I finally found what I needed and OMG it was sooooo  beyond satisfying!  I ended up eating there several times afterwards and still lost weight with all the swimming etc. My kind of diet!

Note to the unicorn - you showing off does not equal me being satisfied.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 22
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I most likely wouldn’t ask but if I told the chef I wanted burger and fries and he delivered what he did I would have been pissed. Stuffed shells with lobster and lamb sliders were probably amazing but wouldn’t fit the bill for me if I had asked for burger and fries. I initially thought the pasta shells were stuffed with pimento cheese, before Kate mentioned it was lobster, and now I know I am going to have to make pasta shells stuffed with pimento cheese soon! 

Rhylee sucks.

I thought the same about what Adrian made for the guests, but I love being brought out of my comfort zone, if I'm not brought out of my comfort zone, I'd eat the same shit forever, and IMO, if you're not trying and learning new things, what's the point of leaving home?  Just my two cents.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

He said something similar in a previous episode. “All these people with their allergies and preferences LIMITS MY CREATIVITY.”

Go make a dreamcatcher or knit an afghan Adrian if your creativity is being limited.

The new stew knows exactly what is her most important job duty: make lots of drama for Bravo. I can already tell she's fake. I know Rocky wasn't well liked by Below Deck viewers but I actually liked her a lot. She appeared to be naturally crazy and not amping things up for filming. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I thought the same about what Adrian made for the guests, but I love being brought out of my comfort zone, if I'm not brought out of my comfort zone, I'd eat the same shit forever, and IMO, if you're not trying and learning new things, what's the point of leaving home?  Just my two cents.

Because in this case they specifically asked for comfort food and made an even more specific request for burgers and fries. They didn’t appear to need to be pushed and I doubt lamb sliders and stuffed shells pushed anyone out of their comfort zone. 

For lack of a better term I am a foodie who will try anything once and would most likely just give a chef free reign to do whatever he wanted with the guidelines of thinking locally for ingredients and flavor profiles, that being said I sometimes crave a burger and fries and if I ask for a burger and fries that is what I want delivered.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 17

What in the world is a "Canadian valley girl?"  I thought valley girl only applied to So CA chicks that insert "like" and upspeak in every sentence.

Honestly, someone please explain for me.

Rhylee - ugh the attitude on that chick!  I can also be an assertive and aggressive chick at work too, but I don't talk back to my superiors that way.  SHUT UP!  You are bottom on the totem pole, don't question things and do your job!

• Love 6

You could read the disappointment on the guests faces when their “comfort food” had been reinterpreted. They’re just too polite to complain, but the only thing that they looked at with enthusiasm were the french fries. I would have been very impolite. I dislike lamb done most ways and would have sent mine back for a beef cheeseburger. If I want Mac and cheese I want ooey gooey, not fancified with the lobster being the predominant flavor. That meal was a fail. Kudos to them for not complaining. 

Sometimes I think Chef Unicorn gets a title too full of himself and his abilities. Gosh forbid a French trained chef do normal. 

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That meal was a fail. Kudos to them for not complaining. 

Sometimes I think Chef Unicorn gets a title too full of himself and his abilities.

How is Chef Unicorn going to know he missed the mark if they don't speak up?  You don't have to be nasty about it but he needs to know.

And BTW, if you want a cheeseburger it's not a time to be expanding horizons. If you lived on cheeseburgers, we could talk.  But meeting an occasional craving does not signify a closed mind or palate.

LOL,  All the crap with Chandler and Caroline and "man overboard," and here I am losing it over a unicorn and a cheeseburger!

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 15

This discussion about the burgers seems to me to be the crux of the whole series. Balancing what guests prefer and what the crew wants. The preference sheet should be their bible. Instead chefs put onions in the food when they specifically were told that the primary hated them or when requesting simple burgers they get foodie tarted up bullshit. Who is in charge here? The guests or the crew? If you are paying all this money you should get what you want. Period.

• Love 18

Rhylee's mouth looks like she wears dentures. I'm sure she doesn't so maybe it's unfortunate genetics or bad veneers. And she's way too manly looking. I know lots of people think she's hot but I'm just saying.....she looks like she belongs in an olympic curling competition.

When Kate was on WWHL she stated she is "strictly dickly". What was that lesbian relationship all about that she had with some woman who visited Kate on the yacht a couple seasons ago? I think Kate may have been "bisexually confused."  

• Love 7

They really went 'overboard' with the fake hating the buffet dinner thing but guess what....they really loved it!

WTF?? They end the last episode with going overboard then drag it out into the next one??

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Rhylee's mouth looks like she wears dentures. I'm sure she doesn't so maybe it's unfortunate genetics or bad veneers. And she's way too manly looking. I know lots of people think she's hot but I'm just saying.....she looks like she belongs in an olympic curling competition....

I'd KILL to look like I belong in an olympic curling competition ^_^
s-69a41c4920455962fbf25822f9ac2d01d515d3

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Baxterita said:

Rhylee - ugh the attitude on that chick!  I can also be an assertive and aggressive chick at work too, but I don't talk back to my superiors that way.  SHUT UP!  You are bottom on the totem pole, don't question things and do your job!

Seeing her fighting with Ross and then seeing her on WWHL, one of Rhylee's big problems is she has no manners.  Putting aside the hierarchy issues, it is very rude to interrupt people, talk over them, raise your voice for no reason, etc.  She is like a bad child: self-centered, self-important, rude, petulant when she doesn't get her way (Ashton).

She also seems to be someone for whom there is only two modes: fine or BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND.  She can't let it go or tolerate being mildly unhappy.  This is a common character trait on Bravo (Jeff Lewis, LeeAnn Locken, Brandi Glanville, Danielle Staub).

• Love 24
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

and those "truffled eggs"? I saw him just put some drops of that nasty truffle oil (which has *nothing* to do with truffles) that always gets slammed on cooking shows like Chopped or Top Chef. But the guests liked them....

I've read that a better way to extract those truffle aromas is through infusing truffles in a neutral alcohol. Even the really good truffle oils, which might be truffle shavings and truffles that are too gnarly to be sold as is, often have to boost the flavors and aromas with synthetic truffle smells. Oil is not really good at extracting those truffle flavors and smells. But yeah, I saw him add truffle oil to the eggs too.

14 minutes ago, ninjago said:

Seeing her fighting with Ross and then seeing her on WWHL, one of Rhylee's big problems is she has no manners.  Putting aside the hierarchy issues, it is very rude to interrupt people, talk over them, raise your voice for no reason, etc.  She is like a bad child: self-centered, self-important, rude, petulant when she doesn't get her way (Ashton).

She also seems to be someone for whom there is only two modes: fine or BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND.  She can't let it go or tolerate being mildly unhappy.  This is a common character trait on Bravo (Jeff Lewis, LeeAnn Locken, Brandi Glanville, Danielle Staub).

Rhylee was so obnoxious on WWHL. It dawned on me was that Rhylee either got the world's kindest edit on the show or the Rhylee we saw on Below Deck was Rhylee on her best behavior. Which, yikes!

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Baxterita said:

What in the world is a "Canadian valley girl?"  I thought valley girl only applied to So CA chicks that insert "like" and upspeak in every sentence.

Yeah, people that end every sentence as if they're asking a question is a tad annoying, lol

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Those guests didn't strike me as super picky or limited eaters, though. They have enjoyed everything he's made them. I think they just had a craving. It happens sometimes, and he should have tried harder to honor it. 

• Love 21