Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Man Overboard

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

My Seanna struggles to pull off a successful charter on the heels of two dramatic exits from crew members, Chandler and Caroline. Tensions rise as newly-appointed bosun, Ross, finds himself at odds with an easily-riled Rhylee. When replacements Tyler and Laura join the crew, the ship is turned upside down. While Kate and Josiah adjust to their new stew’s critical disposition, Adrian and Ashton both compete for her undivided attention. As their sixth charter begins, a shocking accident threatens the life of one of the deckhands.

Airs December 4, 2018.

• Love 2

I can't believe we've got this far into the season without a stew/ chef/deckhand love triangle. They've given us so much more though. So, given Ashton's accident has been described as 'life threatening ' and his foot was 'close to amputation ', doesn't this have to mean Rhylee promoted and a new deck hand brought in? 

• Love 6

It would be interesting to see how Riley* treated somebody junior to herself.

Heh - "easily-riled Riley*. Cute.

* If that's how my cellphone wants to spell the name, so be it.  I'm done going back and correcting it.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 14

I'm looking forward to this episode because it will be the first WITHOUT Caroline.    I'm sick of her and look forward to having her become an unpleasant but distant memory.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

I will be so glad when this episode airs so we can talk about something besides Caroline!

Amen!

She's not on the show anymore and there's really nothing left to say.    

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Looking at the preview, I'm not certain that it's Ashton that goes over. Might be the new guy or very possibly I'm wrong. It's been known to happen. 

I have thought the same thing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

Looking at the preview, I'm not certain that it's Ashton that goes over. Might be the new guy or very possibly I'm wrong. It's been known to happen. 

I think they chose from among the available camera angles to make sure we couldn't guess.

I work on ships and boats of various sizes.  The FIRST THING you learn when deploying something overboard is to keep your feet firmly planted on the deck and shuffle your feet so you can't step into the middle of a turn of rope.   It's the kind of thing that happens when people get really tired and sloppy.   The rope moves quickly and can cut you faster and deeper than you'd ever imagine.  

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Reality police said:

I thought I heard Rhylee call Ashton's name…though that could be her calling for his assistance.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Reality police said:

I hadn't thought of that.  Good point.  Whoever it is, it hurts to think about and I'm hoping they're doing ok.  

• Love 6
On 12/3/2018 at 5:34 AM, Skycatcher said:

I will be so glad when this episode airs so we can talk about something besides Caroline!

I've got something else to talk about. Did anyone besides me, watch "Unanchored"? If not.....don't bother. IT SUCKS. And I'm not going to follow the rules and oppen a thread for it either.

Hell, I can't even get my customized page to come up anymore and I'm already frustrated having to scroll thru every single TV show just to post on my favorite shows. And yes, I've logged out/in, played with the "on air/off air icons, cleared the cache. It's exhausting!

Anyway, I'm glad Caroline is gone too. Whiney, lazy, dumb ass bitch. Too bad she wasn't the one that went overboard! But I ❤ my Kate! 

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I've got something else to talk about. Did anyone besides me, watch "Unanchored"? If not.....don't bother. IT SUCKS. And I'm not going to follow the rules and oppen a thread for it either.

Hell, I can't even get my customized page to come up anymore and I'm already frustrated having to scroll thru every single TV show just to post on my favorite shows. And yes, I've logged out/in, played with the "on air/off air icons, cleared the cache. It's exhausting!

Anyway, I'm glad Caroline is gone too. Whiney, lazy, dumb ass bitch. Too bad she wasn't the one that went overboard! But I ❤ my Kate! 

Had no desire to watch. Thanks for taking the bullet for the rest of us. I hope you get your page fixed. 

• Love 10

Oh my gosh, what was that eel type creature in the waterfall basin?!  My daughter and I swam in something like that on the road to Hana, Hawaii.  It was like a deep black pool.  Looking back I can’t believe we did it.  I have to say all the comments last week about the safety in that type of water where 100% on point.

I'm glad Captain Lee is seeing Rhylee’s true colors.

I also want to say that I rarely saw Hannah work the way Kate does.  They all look exhausted.

Edited by Emmeline
Added
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, bref said:

Even though I know he's ok, I don't know if I can watch the accident scene.

I'm pretty nervous for him too,  it sounds like a very bad accident from what i've read. 

Edited by ihartcoffee
  • Love 7

So far I am disappointed there was not any romantic action other than making out on this boat. Wth?! Hahaha These folks are way too classy for me. I did enjoy Rhylee's chipper and giggly attitude in the AM after the makeout session with Ross. What gal doesn't want to have some interest shown?! It seems to have softened her up a little. I guess Ross *does * know how to be a proper leader. Haha

• Love 13

Was there a preview for next week?  Mine jumped straight into the next show. 

Laura had her cloth napkin way too big,  and too many glasses.  Loved that Kate had to show her the right way,  lol. 

I wonder if Ashton gets laid now??

• Love 7
2 hours ago, bref said:

Even though I know he's ok, I don't know if I can watch the accident scene.

At least production saved it until the very very end so you didn't have to miss the rest of the show. So all we get to see is the same clip we've been seeing in previews since before this season started? What total crap!

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

So all we get to see is the same clip we've been seeing in previews since before this season started? What

Typical Bravo b.s. And when they FINALLY air the "man overboard" episode, it will amount to no big deal. He fell off, got pulled back on and all is well. 

• Love 8

Have to say, hats off to the approach Ross took to the complex HR issue that is Rhylee. ..There was sugar on deck the next morning. 

Haven't finished yet, but I hope Kate has got more up her sleeve than just not liking that Laura is 'opinionated '. She was plain rude the way she left the dinner table at the resort. She's had the benefit of the doubt with Caroline, because Caroline is unhinged. But this one has been hired because she's experienced. 

• Love 10

My ptv crapped out on the previous comment I tried to post. Annoying ep.  Nothing was shown at all especially about the accident . I feel bad bc Ashton is lovable but I don't like when he lays on the player vibe too thick and tries to "get" women. Adrian was the snake this episode the way he kept throwing Ashton under the bus. Chill...let the woman see it for herself. Time tells all, I always say.

Kate thinks anyone with an opinion or who speaks at all is annoying. Shutting up except to agree with her is the way to get into her good graces. I did like when the new stu kept trying to bark out her excuse and stu'ing prowess and "this never happened to me ever"- Kate simply said "I have to show you this after what just happened. " YUP! & there you have it folks! WHY Kate is chief. And the way the new stu proceded was like she never saw of heard of that tactic before ..so she didnt *know* did she?! 

Shallow note: As wealthy as these charter guests may or may not be-PLEASE get them into decent hair salons & take off 5- 6" of their ends PLEASE!! I haven't seen so much hay since the farm. Getting flashbacks to 90 day fiance's Angela. I think people believe you can go that blonde and don't realize the Kardashians likely sport wigs for half those drastic looks.  

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

I bet they will end the show with him falling off then put up to be continued....

That's exactly what they did.  As the credits rolled we saw the exact same footage we've been seeing on the previews since the beginning of the season!!  Followed by "To Be Continued".  I'm so annoyed right now.  F. U. Bravo.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, MadLove said:

Are you fucking kidding me? I'm so pissed right now. Bravo bullshit!!!

Saw that coming so I was not expecting to see the actual aftermath until next week. Not a fan of the new Stew, I mean she is much better than Caroline in all ways but she grates on me. New deck crew has not been around long enough but so far I like him.

• Love 6

Lots and lots and lots of work. 

Ross needs to clamp down on Riley.  Captain will support him.

Guests didn't look happy with the food, but then say it's OK.  I hate lamb, so no.  I'd just have more of something else :)

Kate handled the slide issue very well.  Keep em happy.  That water looks delicious at night.

Looks like it all paid off in a nice tip with less shares.

I will be so glad when Riley leaves.  

"I know I shouldn't talk to my boss this way, but fuck it, I demand respect for my childishness!"  Ugh.

They were lucky the guests were cool and nothing bad - like weather - happened.

Chatterbox Laura could be trouble.  "Raw meat"  lol  Canadian valley girl indeed.

Adrian is being very dorky.  Ashton is just always horny.

Nice of the Captain -cough- producers -cough- to give them the resort day off to crank up the drama.

Ross is really dumb making out with Riley.  Maybe he shouldn't drink either.  Yikes!  Nothing good can come from this.

Newbie Tyler goes overboard.....

This looks bad.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I am the sole poster over on the thread.

19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Josiah is such a good worker. He knows how to take initiative. Don't ever separate him and Kate.

Bravo needs to make the team of Kate and Josiah happen.  I love the two of them and they are good comedy.

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

That’s kind of how I feel. Even thinking about it coming gives me anxiety. 

I need to keep my Xanax at the ready.

1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

Ashton dancing to seduce Laura was a massive lady boner killer. The vagine just dried right up like desert dry. 

Ashton dancing was everything.

• Love 11

Laura is meh.  Was rude for her to criticize so soon but I'm sure casting worked to get somebody on board (pun intended) to clash with Kate and Josiah.  And made her attractive so Rhylee would have some competition. So nice of her to wear a swimsuit bottom that went up her ass.  Nooo - she's not looking to hook up with anybody.  Not at all;)

Tyler is cute. Nice to have some additional eye candy for the rest of the season.

Could have done without seeing Ross making out with Rhylee. 

And yes, Bravo sucks by once again teasing the "man overboard" thing.  I'm sure Ashton will be fine.  No, really.

Edited by Jets4274
  • Love 4

Well I pre xanaxed my ass for nothing! Even still I had total nerves for the entire hour.  The new stew is no great shakes so I hope the deckhand is better.   Four more charters counting tonights guests. They should have gotten rid of Caroline much earlier.  

• Love 8

Chandler and Caroline free episode! Whee!!!

Rhylee had my sympathies with Chandler, but this chick is gouging everyone around her with that tremendous chip on her shoulder. Ross is clearly trying to get work out of Rhylee without pushing so hard that she responds negatively, but Rhylee responds negatively no matter what as she still feels she’s not getting to do all that she’s capable of. And likely, she’s not, but that’s not the job and she needs to adhere to the actual job’s requirements even if she feels she’s overqualified. She accepted this position, it’s work that needs to be done, so do the work and stop the back talk. She thinks she’s “marginalized” and I think she needs to look up the actual meaning of that before tossing it around.

Ross needs to take charge and I don’t mean by making a move on Rhylee. I was shouting NOOOO when Ross kissed her, because this won’t lead anywhere good. That isn’t sexual tension that needs to be resolved, it’s just plain ol’ tension. 

So we go from Caroline, who was underqualified and wouldn’t shut up, to Laura, who believes she knows everything and won’t shut up. Greaaaat. Look, I’ve walked into jobs where I saw places that needed improvement, but it was certainly not my place to critique it all on my first day and insult the work of the current staff. And really, until I see Laura at work, I’m not believing she knows best, either. She had the napkin on the tray wrong and too many flutes and sent them to the floor. And instead of just showing some humility and taking the tip from Kate, she still asserted her know-it-all status and blamed a wrinkled napkin. She does seem to be straightforward about her laundry duties, which is positive and I’m hoping she just came on strong this first episode. 

Also, she sounds a lot like actress, Megan Fox, who isn’t Canadian but is also annoying with an annoying cadence and pitch to her voice.

I was amused by Adrian making a dreamcatcher st the table. For a dude that talks sensuality so often and about an open relationship with a girlfriend, I’m a little surprised he’s not a fan of casual sex. Also, he’s lucked out twice where he’s gone against the guest wishes and they’ve ended up liking his food anyway. I understand he has a much more skilled palate, but if I want comfort food, it means food I find comfortable with and not necessarily the chef’s interpretation of that. I do think his truffled eggs looked good.

Ashton is a cute meathead, but he’s too obvious. Little does he know that he’s most attractive when he’s talking like a regular person. Though, judging by his feelings about relationships, keeping it all surface is his goal.

I know it was the same footage we’ve seen all along, but I still got chills seeing Ashton go over and crying out as he was being dragged and practically drowned. I know it was typical Bravo bullshit, but I expected the “cliffhanger” end, so I wasn’t bothered. 

Maybe I’m still on the Chandler and Caroline-free episode high. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 16

Professionally, nothing puts me off someone more than saying they're going to "re-vamp everything" on their first day on the job. Even more so if that person is the low man on the totem pole.  Not liking the new 3rd stew's attitude at all. Another Bugsy waiting to happen.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

Have to say, hats off to the approach Ross took to the complex HR issue that is Rhylee. ..There was sugar on deck the next morning. 

I hate to believe that hackneyed romance novel tropes like that work, but damn it really did seem to shut Rhylee up the next morning.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes, I have watched two (I think?) episodes of "Unanchored."  It is awful.  It is like a combo of  Below Deck and Vanderpump Rules.  Oh, and that  show about the  party house on the east coast (can't remember the name).  Bunch of pretty (?) bodies partying.  

• Love 5

These guys are such dogs! I didn't think Laura was particular attractive either. Way too made up and overbronzed. BUT. She's just come aboard and joined an established team with maybe little idea of just how dysfunctional it is and maybe she's a nervous talker. Cos she did a LOT of talking. Or so production and Kate would have us believe. On top of that, she has her leg humped on both sides by Ashton and Adrian! Adrian is weaving a dreamcatcher (Laura says 'this is everything') basically for her, and Ashton is like a ten year old boy 'look at me! Look at me AGAIN!'. It was hilarious, but it's a LOT for poor Laura. You can see the cogs turning in Ross' head at the resort as he calculates exactly how much effort it is going to take for him to have a shot too and decide to pursue other options. Rhylee. Then we get Tyler. In Rhylee's cabin. Someone is going to be eaten for breakfast by Rhylee. She even says she 'needs it'. 

There was a quick shot during a transition of Cpt Lee on the bow, shirtless. You rock that granddad bod Lee, do you! 

I'm going to attempt Unanchored. Maybe just for the locations. It definitely gave me Summer House teas though and I haven't been able to continue with that. See you at the dedicated thread @jumper sage! I'm a sucker for Bravo punishment and maybe influenced by the good vibes of the Pump Rules return! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I most likely wouldn’t ask but if I told the chef I wanted burger and fries and he delivered what he did I would have been pissed. Stuffed shells with lobster and lamb sliders were probably amazing but wouldn’t fit the bill for me if I had asked for burger and fries. I initially thought the pasta shells were stuffed with pimento cheese, before Kate mentioned it was lobster, and now I know I am going to have to make pasta shells stuffed with pimento cheese soon! 

Rhylee sucks.

• Love 19

So Kate jumped to make it two against one. Again. Inexperienced third stew.....let’s hate her. Former chief stew who takes third stew position to be on TV.....lets hate her.

It doesn’t matter in Kate’s world...it’s always choosing up sides on the playground.

• Love 11