Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I had toxemia at the end of both my pregnancies. Talk about a puffed up balloon, bed rest for both for last six weeks. Research says that leads to high blood pressure later in life, for me true. Try having a 1.5 yr old and being on bed rest the end of your pregnancy...yeah didn't always happen...I can certainly appreciate her bare feet as shoes were not my friend at that point in time!

I didn't have toxemia, but I did have high blood pressure when I was pregnant.  But had to start taking medication for high blood pressure when I turned 40.  It runs in my family.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I didn't have toxemia, but I did have high blood pressure when I was pregnant.  But had to start taking medication for high blood pressure when I turned 40.  It runs in my family.

Your avatar of the pickle makes me crave pickles lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I love pickles to.  During the summer when we would go to the pool you could even get a pickle snow cone.

I love pickles, but that sounds...intense. My son (who is 25) was just diagnosed with Covid (he works in a grocery store) and he totally lost his sense of smell and taste. The first thing he did was drank pickle juice and then pickled jalapeno juice to see if he could taste it. He could not. I have to say, if I lost my sense of taste, I'd probably be tasting stuff too...

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I like pickles on their own. I tried pickles flavored chips and popcorn. Not a fan. 

Try the pickle sunflower seeds; they're my favorite.

Wasn't Mykelti due in March?  I'm surprised there's no baby news yet.

• Love 5
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

Try the pickle sunflower seeds; they're my favorite.

Wasn't Mykelti due in March?  I'm surprised there's no baby news yet.

Her due date is March 30th.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I love pickles, but that sounds...intense. My son (who is 25) was just diagnosed with Covid (he works in a grocery store) and he totally lost his sense of smell and taste. The first thing he did was drank pickle juice and then pickled jalapeno juice to see if he could taste it. He could not. I have to say, if I lost my sense of taste, I'd probably be tasting stuff too...

I wish your son a speedy recovery! 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I wish your son a speedy recovery! 

12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Me too hugs to your family!

Thank you. TWOP and the Sister Wives forum in general has been a welcome distraction. 

• Love 8
On 3/29/2021 at 2:27 AM, ginger90 said:

Her due date is March 30th.

Only 5% of all babies are born at their actual due date. It also seems to be fairly common for a first child to arrive ‘late’ (as in past their due date). So it doesn’t really surprise me that this baby hasn’t arrived yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

Only 5% of all babies are born at their actual due date. It also seems to be fairly common for a first child to arrive ‘late’ (as in past their due date). So it doesn’t really surprise me that this baby hasn’t arrived yet.

I was born so exactly on my due date that I made my mother wait and wait and then POP...I was born 10 minutes after midnight.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

My best friend and I were pregnant at the same time with our first children (my only).  Her due date was May 15th and mine was May 30th.  My daughter was born on May 15 (two weeks early) and her son was born on May 31st (two weeks late).  lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

This is via Reddit, and it looks like another account or she changed the name.  

We better not hear that she was in labor for 168 hours in Season 36.  And, we better not have flashbacks to Maddie's weeks-longs labor, or King Sol's entrance into this world.

image.thumb.png.7dff74a6611237e112109e7dcf8df056.png

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

We better not hear that she was in labor for 168 hours in Season 36.  And, we better not have flashbacks to Maddie's weeks-longs labor, or King Sol's entrance into this world.

I felt for Maddie when she was giving birth to Axel as it was obvious she was having a hard time. Having said that, that ridiculous statement afterwards of 160+ hours in labour annoys the heck out of me. No midwife or doctor would allow that to happen! Those first 6 days of Maddie's labour (on tv, so, ok maybe slightly misleading) is what was probably just what Mykelti explained in her post today: "Ive had contractions over the past week and they suck, but nothing consistent yet". 

And that Maddie, is not actual labour!😠 So those hours do not count.

Apologies for the little rant. I know this is a highly personal experience of course and what some people call easy may be hard for someone else. But some women just love to exaggerate births which is quite upsetting for people like me who really had a long and difficult labour.

• Love 8

Exactly.  It used to be called false labor because it wasn't actively getting the baby delivered.  Now it's call prodromal labor still not to be confused with active labor which is what counts.  I had prodromal labor for three weeks with one pregnancy off and on.  I even dilated to five centimeters with it.  It still didn't count as labor.  I had actual counted labor of four hours.  

For as many babies as some of the reality show women deliver, they can stay fairly ignorant of what is medically going on.  I also think there is quite a bit of put on especially with Maddie just to add some drama to the episode.  I don't think TLC thought Robyn's quiet deliveries were what they wanted to get ratings.  Although her step-father sitting ringside did quite the attention grab.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

I tell people I was in labor for about 30 minutes. Why? Because I sat up all night with contractions, but they were manageable. It was the 30 minutes between my water breaking and baby poking his gigantic, monster-sized shoulders out of me that were when I did the actual work of having a baby. Ladies who have never had a baby (and dudes)...it's not the head that'll get you. It's the shoulders. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Nothing like a shoulder dystocia to add a little excitement to delivery.  Is it my imagination or does Mykelti look like she's having at least a 9 pounder if not 10?  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Nothing like a shoulder dystocia to add a little excitement to delivery.  Is it my imagination or does Mykelti look like she's having at least a 9 pounder if not 10?  

I hope for her sake that Avalon is tall like Paedon, not wide like Tony.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It's not uncommon to hear of expectant moms gaining 50 or more pounds during pregnancy these days, producing large babies and prolonged labor.  There may be sound reasons for this medically speaking, but when I had kids, in 1960, 61, and 62, it was recommended that we restrict weight gain to between 20 - 25 lbs.  The theory was that weight gain should produce a baby in the 7 lb. range, making delivery easier on both mom and baby.  In my case the theory was born out, I was induced on my due date for all of them, so it was easy to track duration of labor, 2 hours for the 1st @ 7lbs. 10oz.... 45 minutes for 2nd @ 6lbs. 13 oz...and 2-1/2 hours for 3rd @ 7lbs. 2 oz.  No anesthetics of any kind except after the first, they put me out briefly to repair internal tearing.  All were perfect, healthy babies, who met all milestones right on target and grew up to be adults with well-proportioned physical attributes.

• Useful 4
39 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Is it my imagination or does Mykelti look like she's having at least a 9 pounder if not 10?  

Part of it is her stance in the picture  She is pushing her shoulders back and thrusting out her stomach as far as she can.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

From earlier today

image.png.c99d28b7dfd1d29c91abc6eb918e5592.png

Wow she looks like Aspyn in this photo! Never noticed that resemblance before. Something about her expression and possibly the more natural hair color

• Love 4
On 4/1/2021 at 5:55 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I wish I had known how to braid my hair like that, when I was young.

Is Mykelti rilly going to have a televised home birth?  No way would I have considered that.

My mom braided my hair like that every morning. She refused to cut my hair. My cousin cut my hair at my request when I was 10/11. (No permission from mom) My mom was furious!!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Oh lord, she is ready to drop any time! She looks the best she has ever in a long time! Don't want to see/hear her give birth but I hope it goes well and all are OK and healthy after Please spare us the wailing...those of us that have given birth have been there done that and know what is going on. Please Mykelti, have some personal pride and do this birth in private.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Oh lord, she is ready to drop any time! She looks the best she has ever in a long time! Don't want to see/hear her give birth but I hope it goes well and all are OK and healthy after Please spare us the wailing...those of us that have given birth have been there done that and know what is going on. Please Mykelti, have some personal pride and do this birth in private.

This is why Tony quit his WFB gig - he's looking at the Big Birth Buckaroos that he thinks will happen by depriving his wife of the amenities of a hospital birth. Privacy is for sale, innit? 

• Love 5

I don't know about the weight gain but that stomach looks like one huge baby in there. I'm thinking close to a 10 pounder. Tony and Mykelti are both on the large size so I don't see a small baby. But who knows? 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Robyn via zoom.

I can't wrap my head around that.  I can't imagine having labor and delivery plus having an extra person on zoom.   Maybe it was just Christine and Robyn zooming with each other?   I can see a zoom encounter after the baby is born with the whole family.

Tony could use some Just for Men;  there seems to be lots of grey in his hair.  He looks so feminine, and I don't think it is only the hair.

I do think they look very happy.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I can't wrap my head around that.  I can't imagine having labor and delivery plus having an extra person on zoom.   Maybe it was just Christine and Robyn zooming with each other?   I can see a zoom encounter after the baby is born with the whole family.

Tony could use some Just for Men;  there seems to be lots of grey in his hair.  He looks so feminine, and I don't think it is only the hair.

I do think they look very happy.

"We are both very happy with our baby and the success of our home delivery. We were excited [sister wife] Robyn [Brown] could join us via Zoom for the whole labor," Tony, 26, tells PEOPLE. "My wife's the strongest person I know and it shows." 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

"We are both very happy with our baby and the success of our home delivery. We were excited [sister wife] Robyn [Brown] could join us via Zoom for the whole labor," Tony, 26, tells PEOPLE. "My wife's the strongest person I know and it shows." 

Say what now?  Does anyone else find it odd that of all the things Tony could've said in a statement, he felt the need to mention that Robyn was there via Zoom?  I'm sorry but I'm conditioned to think that Tony parroted what Kody (via Robyn) told him to say to People.

But she's a cute baby and I'm glad everything went okay.

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Does anyone else find it odd that of all the things Tony could've said in a statement, he felt the need to mention that Robyn was there via Zoom?

I know, right!? Even more so because he didn't mention Christine who was actually there (I think) 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Say what now?  Does anyone else find it odd that of all the things Tony could've said in a statement, he felt the need to mention that Robyn was there via Zoom?  I'm sorry but I'm conditioned to think that Tony parroted what Kody (via Robyn) told him to say to People.

Do you think it was shade at Kody and the other wives who were not there? Like shout out to Robyn who was the only one to care enough to be involved. Like you said it was a very strange comment to make.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Lort! Robyn continues the Paul/Alice Sullivan tradition of sticking a camera up the birth canal..

Even during a pandemic..via Zoom. What a Dainty Miss she is!

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

We are both very happy with our baby and the success of our home delivery. We were excited [sister wife] Robyn [Brown] could join us via Zoom for the whole labor," Tony, 26, tells PEOPLE. "My wife's the strongest person I know and it shows." 

2 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Do you think it was shade at Kody and the other wives who were not there? Like shout out to Robyn who was the only one to care enough to be involved. Like you said it was a very strange comment to make.

Where was Christine??!!

He could have thanked/mentioned a number of people; Most certainly Christine, and if not for her, the midwife who helped them through the birth. Definitely not someone who attended via Zoom (I'm sure she had it on mute the whole time!). Mind you, if Robyn had really really wanted to be there, she would have been there! No matter what....A rather cheap way of earning extra Brownie points if you ask me.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, LilyDutch said:

Where was Christine??!!

He could have thanked/mentioned a number of people; Most certainly Christine, and if not for her, the midwife who helped them through the birth. Definitely not someone who attended via Zoom (I'm sure she had it on mute the whole time!). Mind you, if Robyn had really really wanted to be there, she would have been there! No matter what....A rather cheap way of earning extra Brownie points if you ask me.

Agree. It seems Christine and Tony's mom were both actually there. So why did Tony feel the need to mention Robyn? Maybe fancy article editing. Strange though for sure. 

I do think Mykelti along with many of the older brown children really have a special bond with Robyn. Remember Aspyn even lived with her.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

They've said elsewhere that they filmed the birth for TLC.  How is looking at Robyn's enormous neck and sequins baseball cap on Zoom via someone's cell phone or laptop any type of dramatic enhancement to a birth?  Of course, I don't want to see either.  

Also, Truely was actually in St. George during the delivery, based on the People photos.  Will she get the AuroraBreanna moment of listening to the labor pains through the closed bedroom door and then screaming with delight at the last groan?  A 10-year old, first-time aunt, meeting her niece would be a more engaging aspect of this storyline, and it would give Truely the chance to have her own couch interview (although I think that Tony would be right there).

It's interesting that Robyn's baby fever struck immediately before or around the same time as Mykelti & Tony's decision to start their family.  Also, Meri, Janelle and Kody were about 3 hours away in Rocky Ridge for Bonnie's funeral two days earlier, but Janelle and Kody returned to Flagstaff instead.  (I'd expect Meri to have tended to her own matters at that time.)

A footnote from the People article: "The baby was born weighing 9 lbs. and measured 20.5 inches." 

• Love 6