Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Insult to Injury

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On 11/26/2018 at 10:28 AM, 1SimonMom said:

Unhinged Caroline is saying on her twitter that this is the episode where what she reveals will leave your jaw on the floor.  She really is unhinged if she thinks that she is in the right and that anything she says could be mind blowing.  Also, BD production is not going to air an episode where the 2 stars look so bad that people would be wanting them off the show.  She is queen of deflection as she knows she is unpopular so she is showing feel good things like a police office rescuing a fawn or posting un just things in society.  Does not matter , whatever she posts in the history of the OG BD she will go down as the most disliked stew and who knows by tomorrow, she may take the title

OG?

The mean girls have been juvenile-acting in some of their behavior towards Caroline but  the girl needed to go.  How did she think that she could say what she did to Josiah about not caring to work another day and not think that her lie to Captain Lee would eventually play out on TV?  Good luck getting another job because being a liar, a crybaby and weak on national TV is not a good look.

I think Chandler was happy to leave the boat because he was smart enough to know that he was not looking good to anybody by being on the show.  

I wonder when seeing the episodes if Rhylee realizes how crazy she looks.  Probably not.  People like her don’t ever see themselves as being wrong.

Edited by Jets4274
  • Love 22

OG I see this when they are discussing Vicki from Real Housewives and others I think it means Old Gangster or something like one of orginals.

Since Capt. Lee is best buddies with Kate off the show it will be interesting to see how this episode affects their relationship.  Lee's hands are tied, TPTB will never get rid of those two.

It will be interesting to see Capt. Lee blog

• Love 4

New deck hand's name is Tyler he shows up an hour before the next charted or so the clip I just saw says. Was hoping it would be someone we knew like Connie but I doubted we'd get two female deck hands at the same time.

• Love 4

I can’t believe we’re free of them both in one episode! I never dreamed...

I have respect for Capt Lee allowing Chandler to handle the narrative. I actually believe that MAYBE Chandler could learn something from the experience and the aftermath. On one hand, he’s smartly kept off social media (aside from piggybacking his girlfriend’s accounts), on the other, that kind of entitled priggish attitude is hard to overcome, so...

Now, Caroline, from one perspective, I see how her extreme anxiety and victim mentality was severely triggered by a stressful environment that she was not prepared or qualified for. That said, when she started tossing around “fucking bipolar bitch”, it made me feel a lot less sympathetic to her being called a”nut job” later. Her sit down notice convo was as much of a passive aggressive ploy as her other behaviors. She wanted to pick a fight or force a reaction from Kate and Josiah. She wanted them to either yell or beg her to stay. She didn’t get either, so she stewed on that until morning. If they couldn’t even give her a reaction, we’ll gosh darn it, she just wouldn’t work! She’d...hide in bed and show them how respectful and stable she is by throwing a temper tantrum. Honestly, Rocky jumping off the boat was more mature lol. Caroline locking herself in the room was just beyond ridiculous.

Then how Caroline lied to Ashton, Ross, and Lee with such ease, it was honestly disconcerting. Obviously, judging by her twitter behavior, she has no self-reflection or understanding, she’s going to show up with notebooks filled with her own side.

It might’ve just been for show, but I appreciated Lee addressing the complaints with Kate. I know Kate didn’t, as she felt no one could believe anything Caroline said. But he still had to do it. Honestly, outside of the blasting music, I saw Kate being more understanding than usual. Fact is, Caroline needs a boss that cuddles and coddles and that was never going to be Kate (or any boss, really).

I’m disappointed in Rhylee, to be honest. Ross wasn’t being unfair or personal with her, was being respectful to her. I understand she wants more responsibility and hates her role, but do the job really well and maybe things will change. It was the first charter as bosun for Ross, he’s trying to handle everything calmly, her job IS essential if unexciting (to her) and that doesn’t mean you get to act like a brat. This isn’t Chandler, at least TRY to start anew.

Adrian gets rattled when people mess with his zen. He’s better than most at keeping chill, but he still has his own breaking points, which is fair. 

Unforunately, watching WWHL, it doesn’t look like Connie is the replacement. It’s a shame, she was always awesome and she still seems to be friendly with many of her former cast mates. Oh well. 

31 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

OG I see this when they are discussing Vicki from Real Housewives and others I think it means Old Gangster or something like one of orginals.

Since Capt. Lee is best buddies with Kate off the show it will be interesting to see how this episode affects their relationship.  Lee's hands are tied, TPTB will never get rid of those two.

It will be interesting to see Capt. Lee blog

Original Gangster.

Judging by his twitter, I think Lee and Kate were and are fine:

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 21

“Vahine”

”Rhylee”

”...Vah - heen”

”...RHY - LEE”

The look of pure terror on that girl’s face  as she was leaving the shuttle with Ashton and Rhylee said, “Good luck!” ... she definitely wondered if she was voluntarily walking toward a violent death, but then she went anyway, solving the mystery of who bangs in the production van.

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, dabmusic said:

I think Lauren was a deckhand?  Wasn't that Nico's flirtation before they got on the boat?

I think you might be right about this.  She was the ex-football cheerleader.  

I thought Kate looked great on WWHL.  That dress was really interesting and looked good on her tiny frame.  Good to hear Adrian is working in NYC.

• Love 4

IMO, I don't think Kate and Josiah were too harsh with Caroline.  You quit with two days notice and then you decide you quit right now.  Sorry sweetheart, you don't get to hang out in your bunk.  As Kate said, you're not a guest.  If that's your choice then pack your bags and get off the boat.  And we have Caroline with her revisionist history of what actually happened.

Good bye Chandler.  Your father may be a boat captain but that doesn't make you a bosun. 

Yikes Adrian.  You expected everything to be set up because that's what happened in the past.  They're down a stew.  Deal with it. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Yeah, IDK, she's going to have to do a lot to dethrone Rocky.

At least Rocky was somewhat entertaining. Incompetent and crazy but entertaining.  

Caroline was just plain annoying.  She was probably the little girl who cried all the time in school and told on the kids who were misbehaving.  Can’t see her as having been that popular either.  Know I’m digging deep but I’ve known plenty of Carolines and they get under my skin.  

• Love 11

Caroline and Chandler did mess up a bunch and were the cause of some of the problems that plague this crew of leaderless misfits.

You know like forgetting the gas for the barbecue and causing the man over board next episode.

Those rotten bastards.

I do think one thing is true. Caroline might be a dumpster fire but she is right. 

Kate is a bad person.

Edited by langford peel
Because autocorrect sucks dead dogs
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, fifty8th said:

She already has for me, I mean rocky was bad, don't get me wrong but I don't remember her being super bad at her job.

Difference is, Rocky was highly entertaining. Totally nuts, but not the chest clutching victim Caroline proved to be.

However. I still believe there is substance to what she was saying about her treatment at the hands of the Kate /Josiah clique. I mean even production picked it up and filmed it. Caroline tried to make nice with Josiah, out on the bow at the beginning. She was very alone on that boat. But 90% of Caroline's issues were Caroline and she's made it impossible to defend her with her subsequent behavior. I think Cpt Lee called Kate to the wheelhouse because the allegations Caroline made were serious and in writing, so they had to be addressed. I also believe Lee knows Kate is capable of this. On the surface, she DID handle Caroline with kid gloves. But at no stage did she do so out of real concern for Caroline. I'll be over here drinking alone on this one! So, may as well double down now and say that I believe Rhylee was firstly probably a bit hung over but also still frustrated with Chandler's treatment of her and more so that she wasn't immediately given more tasks under Ross. She was out of line, as usual, but I get it. Glad to see Ross early acknowledging her strengths and giving her the snorkeling activity, because Rhylee was really good with the guests when she was given the opportunity in the past. She's definitely across their safety and comfort. Ranking on Ross about forgetting the insect repellant for them wasn't the best approach, but ffs, they just had the charter from hell where they abandoned their guests, failed to 'disperse' the bags Rhylee had prepared and the bosun was fired as a result. She could learn to communicate a bit better, I'll say that. 

• Love 18

The harassment at the end with the loud music is definitely something Human Resources might have something to say about. Plus the demand that she get off the boat in an hour. Caroline was definitely right in wanting to talk to Captain Lee before she left and he was off the boat. 

• Love 19

With all the craziness of Caroline, the incompetence of Chandler and Rhylee's mouthiness, Chef Unicorn has been flying under the radar a little. He was a little jerk to Caroline while maintaining he was treating her 'professionally '. And now he's butthurt that a drunken fishing boat captain shoved a seat back at him and bans her from the galley? Sorry princess, but working with other humans, you are going to inevitably rub up constantly against people that don't chime with your individual sense of energy and harmony. The world doesn't work like that. He's super talented. I think he's shown us some deepseated mess though in his own psyche, like being a 'chubby kid' and the creepy comments he's made and tonight's little tantrum about the waterfall set up. But mostly his reaction to Caroline and Rhylee. I loved that Rhylee didn't even have a clue about this massive transgression she'd perpetrated. I think Adrian is another special snowflake. 

That definitely was Ashton going overboard. Wow . the look on his face just before he goes under was sheer terror and surprise. It was chilling. I'd hate that to be the last thing I felt. It looked like he has lines looped around his leg and got pulled in and down . Rhylee was on it immediately, calling it in and acting. You'd have minutes. He could end up chummed by the props. It is going to be terrifying viewing and I'm glad we know he survived it . No wonder Cpt Lee broke down. Not only is it life threatening and terrifying, I'm sure it's potentially career ending. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, 1SimonMom said:

Guesses who is the deckhand and stew?  I guess that Connie is going to be the deckhand because Capt. Lee said kiddo and we know he adores her.  Can you imagine if Rocky comes back, remember there is a scene where Kate says either she goes or I do, so 

I'm pretty sure Lee has said he'd never work with Rocky again.  At the very least, it was obvious he strongly disliked her at the reunion.

2 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

OG?

36 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Difference is, Rocky was highly entertaining. Totally nuts, but not the chest clutching victim Caroline proved to be.

However. I still believe there is substance to what she was saying about her treatment at the hands of the Kate /Josiah clique. I mean even production picked it up and filmed it. Caroline tried to make nice with Josiah, out on the bow at the beginning. She was very alone on that boat. But 90% of Caroline's issues were Caroline and she's made it impossible to defend her with her subsequent behavior. I think Cpt Lee called Kate to the wheelhouse because the allegations Caroline made were serious and in writing, so they had to be addressed. I also believe Lee knows Kate is capable of this. On the surface, she DID handle Caroline with kid gloves. But at no stage did she do so out of real concern for Caroline. I'll be over here drinking alone on this one! So, may as well double down now and say that I believe Rhylee was firstly probably a bit hung over but also still frustrated with Chandler's treatment of her and more so that she wasn't immediately given more tasks under Ross. She was out of line, as usual, but I get it. Glad to see Ross early acknowledging her strengths and giving her the snorkeling activity, because Rhylee was really good with the guests when she was given the opportunity in the past. She's definitely across their safety and comfort. Ranking on Ross about forgetting the insect repellant for them wasn't the best approach, but ffs, they just had the charter from hell where they abandoned their guests, failed to 'disperse' the bags Rhylee had prepared and the bosun was fired as a result. She could learn to communicate a bit better, I'll say that. 

On Rocky, it depends on your definition of entertaining.  She was like nails on a chalkboard for me.  Regarding Rhylee, what was her excuse for all the other times she's been a dick to people (Ashton, Ross, Kate)?  She's consistently an asshole.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't think I would have gone in that waterfall pool.  I went on a waterfall hike in Hawaii and got an infection from contaminated water.  Now I'm totally skeeved out by water like that.  

I was watching their bare feet with a bit of a cringe for reasons from infections to parasites.  I also took a moment's pause when I saw food consumed in it.  Giardia, anyone?  I probably sound like a bit of a germaphobe, and I'm really not.  I just have bad luck and learn the hard way.

• Love 6

Rhylee dancing alone on the dance floor was pathetic because she clearly wasn’t doing it for fun/herself but because she wanted Ashton to pay attention to her.. I did crack up when Rhylee assumed the girl couldn’t pronounce her. name, though “vahine” is just Tahitian for woman so the hook up was most likely smart enough not to give her name on camera.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Wait - Caroline thought this was the episode where she’d be vindicated?  She really is unhinged.

Few in this crew are coming off well.

Lee, Ross, Ashton, maybe Josiah.

Oh and after Chandler, Rhylee’s biggest antagonist, leaves, does she become chill?

Is anyone shocked that she doesn’t?

• Love 12

Bye bye Chandler. You were given a much better exit than you deserved. Captain Lee is a class act.

It was nice of Ross to speak to Caroline in her cabin, and calm  her down, but I hate his constant use of “buddy”, and “bro.”  It looks like next week Ross channels Chandler ‘doesn’t have a clue’ bosun power and decides to swing all common sense to the side by having some hate sex with  Rhylee.  Big mistake, Ross.

Zen Adrian needs to do an extra downward dog. He’s getting testy. 

Josiah, and Kate snapped. Was that the right way to deal with a mentally ill person? No. However, There is only so much you can take, and Caroline would have tested even Jesus Christ.

Ashton is a loveable horn dog. 

The waterfall was pretty impressive but that picnic reminded me of an excursion I had on a little island off of Maui that resulted in severe food poisoning for 72 hours. No bueno. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't think I would have gone in that waterfall pool.  I went on a waterfall hike in Hawaii and got an infection from contaminated water.  Now I'm totally skeeved out by water like that.  

100%! I was skeeved watching Kate barefoot in island ground water then serving food  and by the guests in the waterfall I was cringing from the potential bacteria ! Ew!  

It was very beautiful though. 

• Love 8

I don't have twitter but you have to read Caroline's twitter, after bashing Capt. Lee the whole season and that the world would see how bad he was, she claims that he was her Cappy (what a nickname, this is not a romance or a dog that you give a nickname to) and that they were Pals.  Game Here - To Tell the Truth - Would the Real Caroline please step forward.

I am reading more and right before she says all the nice stuff, she says Holy shit! Thank you for having a brain, and a moral compass. Perhaps you'd not mind lending both to Captain Lee?  Again Game Here - To Tell the Truth - Would the Real Caroline please step forward.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Yeah, IDK, she's going to have to do a lot to dethrone Rocky.

On WWHL, Kate said Rocky was technically still the “craziest,” but she was handing some kind of “worst stew ever” crown over to Caroline. She sorta seemed like she’d rather have Rocky as a third stew than Caroline, which makes me think Caroline was even worse than what we saw.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 14

I know the typical notice is 2 weeks but would that work on the boat?  Is there 2 weeks left to the charter season?  

If I was Caroline's supervisor and working with her, and realized there was a problem, she was unhappy, it wasn't working out, etc., I think I'd prefer the two days' notice.  Better to have her off the boat sooner than her moping around and likely giving even less toward work for the next 2 weeks.

That said, and even though Caroline was 100% in the wrong for deciding to sleep and not work, Kate's actions were reprehensible.  As soon as Caroline gave her notice (which, honestly, she should have given to Kate privately), Kate should have gone to Captain Lee and informed him.  Pounding on Caroline's door and blaring music out in the hallway was childish and petty.  Again, take it to Captain Lee.  Besides which, it should be Lee's decision as to whether or not Caroline is to be off the boat within the hour.  It's good that Caroline went to talk to Lee herself before departing.  It's bullshit that she rewrote what went down between her and Josiah -- she clearly told Josiah she changed her mind and wasn't working.  There was no request for space or consideration or anything.

It was time for Chandler to go although I thought he would be demoted.  Lee was classy about the exit, as was Chandler.  Even Kate didn't blab about how he was asked to leave. 

I'm glad that Ross was promoted.  He's smart indeed in his realization that he must learn from Chandler's mistakes.  

Rhylee proves that the friction with Chandler was not totally Chandler.  Exactly what does she want?  It seems like she wants to be in charge.  Well, not going to happen.  So support your bosun and do your job.  Especially being short-handed.  Not everything is a slight against you because everyone has it in for you.  I wasn't sure about Ashton at the start of the season but he looks to be a hard worker who just gets the job done without attitude.  Rhylee also appears to be a mean drunk.  Why was she so pissed at the Glittering Unicorn?  

Surprised to see the Glittering Unicorn have a mini-meltdown but it's understandable.  He expected everything to be set up and wanted his food to be served hot.  If the food wasn't right due to the interior or deck crew, it's Adrian who gets the criticism.   Frankly, I don't understand why Rhylee or Ashton wasn't sent over with Kate to assist in the set up.  The guests were preparing to leave for their waterfall picnic so they wouldn't need anything from the deck crew. 

Based on the previews, the new stew is going to be a mess.  And Ross . . . WTF?  Just no.  If you need a piece, consult with Ashton and how to get some from a person who is not your deckhand.  You think Rhylee is difficult now, I have a feeling she will be 100 times worse after you've banged her.  The man overboard scenes already have me nervous (although it's somewhat shocking it will be a first for BD.)  

• Love 13

Where to start? ;-D

The playing of the loud music was obnoxious but I totally understand it.  I could feel myself getting angry at Caroline and I, too, would be damned if she was going to sleep in that morning while everyone else was busting ass.  There is no way I would let her sleep.  I see locking the door as the first shot across the bow.  I think that Caroline decided on a course of action to screw everyone over as much as possible and Kate was not going to stand for it. I agree that it would have been better for Kate and Josiah to take the high road but...

As for Rhylee, I know, you know, America knows that she is capable of doing much more work than has been asked of her.  But those other duties don't go away.  She's still low man and she still has to get those "little" things done first.  Ross gets to decide the best use for his people and that should be respected.

• Love 24
9 hours ago, langford peel said:

Here’s the thing. With Chandler and  Caroline gone there is nobody to blame and the shitty service will still continue. What are the mean girls gonna do when they don’t have a built in excuse?

I must be watching a different show because the service has been pretty outstanding this season inspite of Caroline. Her neediness and incompetence was often more work for Kate and Chandler. In fact, with this last charter they seem to be handling things very well. It’s nice seeing the guests getting their correct drinks and in a timely fashion. And why does everyone refer to Kate and Josiah as mean girls?  I’ve not seen any examples of Josiah bejng mean to Caroline. I do believe she was often mean to him. 

We’re starting to see the true Adrian. He is not the zen person he has been pretending to be. Over the past few episodes, he strikes me as someone that is tightly wound and puts a lot of effort into not being a complete jerk. At least Ben was his true self on the show.

I am so over Rhylee. I hope she sees herself on this show and makes some changes. She’s a hardworker, but I would never want her as an employee.

• Love 23

Kate was wrong in blaring the music through the door ay caroline, but i dont blame her one bit for doing it. Caroline tells the crew before their down time fun that she is giving her notice. THEN she decides *ya know what? Im not gonna work anymorr and im gonna sleep while you work* No way baby girl. Aint happening.

Caroline thought she would get one more jab in before she left. Leave with some dignity Caroline. You didnt come off good at all.

Chandler, props for being adult about your sitch and leaving on good terms

• Love 23
21 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Kate should have gone to Captain Lee and informed him. [...]  Besides which, it should be Lee's decision as to whether or not Caroline is to be off the boat within the hour.  

Rhylee proves that the friction with Chandler was not totally Chandler.  Exactly what does she want? 

Surprised to see the Glittering Unicorn have a mini-meltdown but it's understandable.  He expected everything to be set up and wanted his food to be served hot. 

Kate/Caroline -  Kate has said in subsequent interviews that she didn't want to bother Captain Lee with the Caroline problem.   An eight man crew is already down one and when a second one quits you don't want to BOTHER Captain Lee?  Captain Lee has said that he was blindsided by the whole thing and that if he had known he could have done something about it before it blew up in everybody's face.

Rhylee - Yeah, with  Chandler gone Riley has no place to hide. And I can see that Ross is being extra careful to handle her with kid gloves until her attitude finally wears him  down.

Adrien - I thought the Unicorn was being particularly passive aggressive with Kate at the water fall.  His inner special snowflake is starting to show.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dosodog said:
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

So it’s okay if someone gives two days notice?  Not okay.  Kate should have waited for Captain Lee and then informed him, let him kick the nutjob off the boat.  Bye Felicia.

We are in agreement. I may have not articulated my opinion well in the original post.

No.  It's almost never okay to give 2 days notice. It's nasty and you screw with people's lives and schedules outside of work.  The people I worked for were awful and that's an understatement. I've put up with employees walking out the door or not showing up for 3 years.  I truly understand Kate's frustration. 

I was with Kate when she told her she had an hour to get off the boat.  And from that point she lost me.

I'm against the verbal insults and over the top loud music (which tortured more than Caroline).  Kate and Josiah should have left it after giving her the hour deadline and did exactly what you said.

Yep, all this, exactly.  Caroline was incredibly manipulative and unprofessional.  The way she gave notice was not okay.  But the way Kate & Josiah behaved like a pair of middle-school bullies, not two professionals trying to deal with a bad situation.  That was hard to watch.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

I was with Kate when she told her she had an hour to get off the boat.  And from that point she lost me.

I'm against the verbal insults and over the top loud music (which tortured more than Caroline).  Kate and Josiah should have left it after giving her the hour deadline and did exactly what you said.

Wait for Capt. Lee to remove her from the boat. 

I adore Kate and Josiah but I have to agree here.  I think they were both all kinds of unprofessional to scream at Caroline that she's crazy and blare that bad music like the ATF did when they were trying to extract the Branch Davidians in Waco.  Yes, there is no doubt that Caroline needed to gtfo and her "two day" notice was really the last straw but the way Kate handled her was beyond unprofessional and I think Captain Lee agrees.  I don't know everything that Caroline said to him when she was leaving, but what they did show her saying "who gave a lock to the crazy girl" was true and "Cappy" articulated that it was pretty ugly.  Kate had lots of reasons to be super frustrated with Caroline but Kate is a chief stew with three stripes and this was not a good look.  We all lose our cool and I'm glad I'm not being filmed at my worst, but she lost me on this one. She is a very experienced supervisor who should never ever stoop to that level.  Still love her and totally understand but girl.....do better!  

• Love 23
10 hours ago, rideashire said:

Caroline is obnoxious and seems lazy, but she's also an emotionally weak person and Kate is the type to zero in on that and poke it with a stick. Not cool either. Not saying I'm all for Caroline but the mean girls club over there makes me wince.

I've never seen any other season so I don't know Kate's mean girl status, but in this case I was wishing she was less nice to Caroline, as she was completely useless and annoying.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, queenjen said:

With all the craziness of Caroline, the incompetence of Chandler and Rhylee's mouthiness, Chef Unicorn has been flying under the radar a little. He was a little jerk to Caroline while maintaining he was treating her 'professionally '. And now he's butthurt that a drunken fishing boat captain shoved a seat back at him and bans her from the galley? Sorry princess, but working with other humans, you are going to inevitably rub up constantly against people that don't chime with your individual sense of energy and harmony. The world doesn't work like that. He's super talented. I think he's shown us some deepseated mess though in his own psyche, like being a 'chubby kid' and the creepy comments he's made and tonight's little tantrum about the waterfall set up. But mostly his reaction to Caroline and Rhylee. I loved that Rhylee didn't even have a clue about this massive transgression she'd perpetrated. I think Adrian is another special snowflake.

I'm going to give him a bit of a pass. His father *just* died. When my mother died, I handled it pretty well--but the biggest thing was that my patience was just a lot thinner than usual. If we saw him do this stuff again a year from now, yeah, I'd agree. But when you're grieving and in a high-stress environment, the things that would already rub you the wrong way become even more grating. And he doesn't have much ability to retreat and recharge himself, given where they work.

When Caroline first started talking about her parents as narcissists, I had a hunch that she was part of the online world of armchair diagnosing people you don't like as narcissists. Her saying last night that she is "the scapegoat" seemed to confirm it--she's using all the lingo they use. It's a kind of bizarre subculture. Of course, lots of people truly are narcissists--but there's a bit of a subculture in which people constantly affirm each other that they receive bad treatment. Her parents may be truly awful, but her own behavior makes it hard to gauge.

And I do think that Kate and Josiah were unnecessarily awful by doing the speaker thing. They weren't the best to her, but they were pretty good, and they gave away some of the moral high ground here.

Edited by lisalionheart
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, mytmo said:

Um I always thought when you quit you leave.  Also that boat must have some damn good ice cream. 

Caroline had to wait for Captain Lee to come back, so she could march up there with her court transcripts and make him.....do what, exactly?? Did she think he was going to then fire Kate and Josiah? Spank them? Order them to issue a public apology? I'm just curious what outcome she expected. 

• Love 22
8 hours ago, Reality police said:

Anyone remember a Laura? In the preview Cap Lee calls the new stew by that name?

8 hours ago, Lopethina said:

Maybe Lauren?  It was a brunette.

8 hours ago, dabmusic said:

I think Lauren was a deckhand?  Wasn't that Nico's flirtation before they got on the boat?

7 hours ago, Reality police said:

Lauren from BD Med.

LaurenBelow.jpg

The Lauren (Cohen) pictured above was on BD: Med. She was the one who was Bobby's date to WWHL when he proceeded to invite some girls from Instagram to hang out and he promptly ditched Lauren. She would later attend another Below Deck event with Bobby. She left the party with Ben and slept with him.

Lauren Burchell was on regular Below Deck. She had a huge crush on Nico. He didn't feel the same. That was on season 4 when every guy thought rabbity Emily was the most gorgeous thing to step foot on a yacht.

Nico's crush from before the boat was Brianna. This was on season 5.

Except for Jennice, female crew who are unambiguously* a person of color will not get the time of day from the male crew. We saw that recently in the world's worst love square: Brooke, Joao, Kasey, and Colin. Meanwhile Jamie is stealth hot and ends up with Chandler. Ugh.

*Kasey's mom is Colombian and Brianna may be multiracial because she has a Nigerian surname.

• Love 3

Kate and Kat treated Amy terribly during Kate’s first season, but I really haven’t found Kate to be a mean girl since then.  And she ended up getting along well with Amy during the Rocky season.  

Kate was not shown to treat Caroline terribly.  I actually thought Adrienne was much harsher to Caroline than Kate or Josiah.  And I side with Adrienne as well.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Caroline had to wait for Captain Lee to come back, so she could march up there with her court transcripts and make him.....do what, exactly?? Did she think he was going to then fire Kate and Josiah? Spank them? Order them to issue a public apology? I'm just curious what outcome she expected. 

Documentation. It's what I did for the last 3 years I worked at the store.

You document interactions, immediately after, with specific details, times, dates and witnesses.

So after I quit, I was able to show all the times I wasn't paid the full amount,all the times I didn't get legally mandated breaks and lunches.  Each and every sexual harassment claim, that co-workers complained to me about.  Every time they told me I was stupid.  Every time they complained I took advantage of them.  Every time they accused any of us on anything.

Documentation is your friend in a toxic work environment. Particularly if you are taking your grievances to someone who isn't involved.

Last summer, I worked with a crazy person.  She spent 45 minutes, in the store, continuously screaming at me that i was a "bitch, bully and a cunt".  I was all "whatever, I don't care what you think about me".  But then?  She told people I was the one doing the screaming.  No, no, no.  It was my documentation, with the witnesses included, that had corporate decide in my favor.

Also!  I'm not defending Caroline as much as I'm defending the practice of documentation in the work place.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

1. Captain was not on the boat. As soon as he announced his return, Kate radio'd him to tell him Caroline had quit.

Caroline quit the night before just as  everyone was going out to party. Captain  should have been informed immediately, that night.  Music-gate happened the next morning.

As an aside, the rest of the crew was working through the after effects of a late night while Sleeping Beauty had the night off and probably even went to bed early.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 7