Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

So let's look at what Yo said.  When giving birth to Anwar, she was given potassium and he had an allergic reaction to it.

So translating:

We know that there is no reason to give a woman potassium during child birth so she must have meant pitocin.  Anwar had an allergic reaction - which she may have meant that it caused distress, which actually can happen.  She heroically pushed him out breaking her back - she could have fractured a vertebrae in the process.  (BTW - the scar on her stomach that she talks about could have been from surgery to repair the vertebrae.  Interesting that we've seen her in a bikini but don't see a scar but she definitely looks like she had a tummy tuck so maybe that was erased).

And this is the woman who is now writing a book about her journey - hopefully she'll have a translator.  The worst part is that there are people who believe all the convoluted stuff she says about herself and Lyme Disease.

• Love 7

Ellie has a book and it can be yours for a mere $139. for the coffee table version or $29.95 for the ebook version. http://havesomedecorum.blogspot.com/

It is about her four year journey with ALS.

"AND SO IT IS is a big book, almost 200 pages. It is not about decorating, it is not about cooking, it is not about annoying French people, it is about the hardcore past six years of my life. The book starts with the lead up to my diagnosis while I was happily living my life in New York and ends with some brutal honesty and what I think my legacy is. The 26 chapters delve into every aspect of my life that I have not really discussed in the blog, if you can believe it."

If it's anything like her blog I've had enough of her "brutal honesty".

The book is actually only 186 pages. Imho that is not a big book.

I probably don't need to mention that it's self-published. Not surprising that publishers did not line up to help her spew her hatred.

• Love 4

Mohamed Hadid, Shiva, David Foster and Caroline Stanbury 'out on the town' together. They've completed the circle since Mohamed and David were friends first, then Mohamed introduced David to Yolanda. Now she's out of the way, they're back to being the playboys again. Live it up while you can guys, life is short.

336AB0D400000578-3552715-image-m-2_14612

I would love to be a fly on the wall when David and Mohammed talk about Yolanda.  They must to some degree.  Men communicate about things like this in a different way but they do talk.  Oh how delicious would it be to know!  

• Love 6

That picture is probably very troubling to Yo.  David and Mohammed are hanging out together (read talking about her).  David has a new woman in his life.  They are having fun.   And on top of this, the cast talks behind her back about her illness.  Shocking.   

• Love 2

That picture is probably very troubling to Yo.  David and Mohammed are hanging out together (read talking about her).  David has a new woman in his life.  They are having fun.   And on top of this, the cast talks behind her back about her illness.  Shocking.

The "new woman" is the married Caroline Stanbury.

"Fun fact: Cem Habib is friendly with Mohamed Hadid, ex-husband of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Yolanda Foster and father of Gigi and Bella Hadid. It’s a small Bravo world."

Cem is Caroline's husband. And he's friends with Mo.... Hmm, maybe you're onto something!

• Love 4

That is a misleading statistic that doesn't apply to an individual.

I would truly need a non fake Alison Dubois for a truly personal and accurate date. The most scientific approach needs stuff I don't have, like modal life expectancy for his demographic, Kens medical records, and a poisson distribution heavy formula I could input a set of key variables, that would give me a likely timeframe, either.

DebM4, thank you. Agree. I long ago stopped following Yo's personal journey. I've always found focusing on one patient's personal 'journey' is not very helpful. If they have a specific doctor or certified treatment they've hit upon, that's helpful. The rest is usually a big red flag to not listen to those patients. 

No offense intended, but can one really trust a memoir from a person with a disease that affects the brain? Part of her shtick is Lyme Brain. The hell can she possibly remember accurately enough for me to buy into a tale of her journey (that's our girl, raising awareness about herself)?

I get that she has photos and binders to help her, but the whole pitch seems off to me.

Well, as she said, and you reiterated, she has documentation she says. I don't know personally. When patients write books, it puts me off. I have an illness. Anything I know or learned that is helpful I wrote for free once and let it sit for whomever it may be of help. The idea is to connect doctors and researchers to help them progress faster to help everyone faster. 

Most patients have enough expenses and limited energy. Having to invest both money and personal time on one person is usually too much because YO is not the only lyme patient, if you're someone with lyme. I'll just be so glad when she goes away from tv. If she does. I hope she does. And the international lyme org touting her and whatever else they're doing to give her credibility is NOT HELPING how patients are viewed! Ugh. Nightmare.

• Love 4

Hmmm. Maybe she is more than a bit angry that he participated in the RHOBH ex-husband reunion. Do you think that Gigi ate any of that food or did she just chew a few almonds, slowly.

I think Gigi eats.  She did a good job on the celebrity Masterchef showdown (one episode) and won her round against another model.  She made a cheese burger topped with deep fried angel hair onions and some other stuff on it. She went at it like she has made this many times.  It looked delicious.  

Yo mentioned specifically having had a triple fusion. Now, that has to do with the spine, not the tail bone. : http://nypost.com/2012/10/31/model-resilience/

Didn't Yo claim having fought off an intruder who broke in while she was holding her son? Did she say she was nude as she ran after that intruder? LOL And she did that while nursing a broken back?

Yolanda told LisaR to basically sit her ass down and to not dance when Ericka was going to do her pat the puss moves. Yo told LisaR to allow Ericka to "have her moment". Hypocritical bitch did not allow Joyce Giraud to have her moment to speak when she was trying to talk on the reunion.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

I don't find Anwar all that attractive.

Dare I say he looks....ill? 

Yoyo was nursing Gigi when she, allegedly, dashed after the intruder.

I believe she did do something to her back.  There's a photo of her and David somewhere that shows a long scar on her back.  I'd try to find it but some of y'all would just say she airbrushed it in or she fell out of a lemon tree. 

Or, since she's such a Stepford (ex)wife it's where her mudder board was installed. LOL

• Love 5

The thing that puzzles me about the whole Yolanda sitch is this: When she first appeared on the show, she made me feel thoroughly inadequate with the lavish entertaining, the decorating, the uber momness and uber wifeness. The hikes, my God, the hikes! the lemon picking, the fridge organizing, the nutritional plans, the love declaration picture painting sesh and moving Gigi to New York, the vacations, and so on. She, at the time, seemed to have the strength and energy of ten women. She appeared to be not just the picture of health, but the picture of health painted by David himself (Jean Jacques, not Foster).  She was more Martha Stewart than Martha Stewart. And now I learn that she was suffering with the very same condition at that time.

So now I am faced with a dilemma -- do I accept all of that, with the full knowledge that she was doing it while suffering from the same debilitating illness at the time, in which case I must admit that I am even more inadequate than I ever imagined, or do I say to myself, naw, something else is going on with her. That the recent change in her illness suggests that there may be other things at play with respect her health/mental health (like depression). For my own sake, (and for the sake of my husband who occasionally watches this show, and who I feel may look at these women and all they do and occasionally give me the side eye as a result), I'm going with door number two.

(Some of this post has been written in Sarcastifont -- I'm really trying hard to make that a thing ;)

Edited by Jel
  • Love 20

The thing that puzzles me about the whole Yolanda sitch is this: When she first appeared on the show, she made me feel thoroughly inadequate with the lavish entertaining, the decorating, the uber momness and uber wifeness. The hikes, my God, the hikes! the lemon picking, the fridge organizing, the nutritional plans, the love declaration picture painting sesh and moving Gigi to New York, the vacations, and so on. She, at the time, seemed to have the strength and energy of ten women. She appeared to be not just the picture of health, but the picture of health painted by David himself (Jean Jacques, not Foster).  She was more Martha Stewart than Martha Stewart. And now I learn that she was suffering with the very same condition at that time.

So now I am faced with a dilemma -- do I accept all of that, with the full knowledge that she was doing it while suffering from the same debilitating illness at the time, in which case I must admit that I am even more inadequate than I ever imagined, or do I say to myself, naw, something else is going on with her. That the recent change in her illness suggests that there may be other things at play with respect her health/mental health (like depression). For my own sake, (and for the sake of my husband who occasionally watches this show, and who I feel may look at these women and all they do and occasionally give me the side eye as a result), I'm going with door number two.

(Some of this post has been written in Sarcastifont -- I'm really trying hard to make that a thing ;)

In addition to these feats, she was able to put a self defense instructor in a chokehold. She was working out at the gym 3 weeks after her explant. She also managed to pass the test to become an American Citizen which requires you to memorize the answers to 100 questions. These Lyme body and Lyme brain accomplishments are phenomenal, even inspiring. (But don't tell her she looks good because she would prefer to look bad and feel good).

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 18

Love it!

I recall a scene from Yo's first season when she had a trainer come over and was doing intervals of sprints up and down the stairs combined with something like half-burpees (can't recall the exact exercise so don't quote me on it). I get that people with chronic illness have good days and bad days - but for someone who was supposedly struggling with Lyme? Now I feel inadequate, too.

In addition to these feats, she was able to put a self defense instructor in a chokehold. She was working out at the gym 3 weeks after her explant. She also managed to pass the test to become an American Citizen which requires you to memorize the answers to 100 questions. These Lyme body and Lyme brain accomplishments are phenomenal, even inspiring. (But don't tell her she looks good because she would prefer to look bad and feel good).

While her brain was swollen and she was unable to read! And two-foot parasites were dropping out her butt! Someone get this woman a medal.

• Love 11

Someone should put together a scrapbook of Yolanda's Journey. That would cheer her up.

Here is one of my favorites, "David Foster carries my handbag while accompanying me on My Journey!"

Ah...those were happy days. 1*RmfVQSmAVfL80qv0qEvWew.png

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 12

She was diagnosed in 2012 but has she given a time/year where she says she was 'suffering from' Lyme Disease? I've heard the effects are sometimes gradual so maybe that could be the case where she wasn't feeling the effects of her disease at that point? Perhaps also explaining why Bella is suffering from the same disease yet is still very active and out and about all the time?

Someone should put together a scrapbook of Yolanda's Journey. That would cheer her up.

Here is one of my favorites, "David Foster carries my handbag while accompanying me on My Journey!"

Yolanda just looks so thrilled to be the center of attention on the gurney.  Look at me, I am beautiful and so sick, and all this attention for a 15 minute procedure.  My husband loves me!!!!

• Love 9

Those days were happy because she didn't have to tip the help for carrying her luggage?

• Love 1

I am just dazzled and amazed by the energy WoYo has to be the peanut gallery-back up interrogator for Andy at the reunion. We see her side and snide talk with Erika about other women's comments/answers...She is not pleased with all of her minions in the kingdom. Yet, she suddenly wilts under the pressure when the subject of Munchies comes up. She is also clearly not having it when the other health issues are discussed such as depression, menopause, etc. She insists it is only Lyme and everything else has been ruled out. It has to be that way when you are writing a book about CLD. It couldn't possibly be that she has a compromised and weakened immune system from Lyme+depression+menopause+colon cleanses+supplements+alternative therapies+explant surgery. No. Just Lyme. Nothing else to see here folks.

She is the arbiter of Hollywood friend justice and no one is allowed off the hook. Unless you are Erika or Eileen.

• Love 15

When Kyle was talking about Faye, YO was whispering to Erika.  Hmmmmm, I guess she forgot "the first thing she taught her children wasn't to whisper"    Oh, nevermind, it was LymeBrain, she just forgot her never ending perfect manners. 

• Love 10

Yolanda just looks so thrilled to be the center of attention on the gurney.  Look at me, I am beautiful and so sick, and all this attention for a 15 minute procedure.  My husband loves me!!!!

What procedure was she having done? The ass pallet?

• Love 2

I don't know for sure but maybe the port?  Geez.  My mom had one put in with a local.  My kid had a PIC line put in for his treatment of Lyme... by a practical nurse.  The hospital wanted to have a surgeon do it under anesthesia and my pediatrician advised me that it wasn't necessary (despite that people have general anesthesia every day, it still can cause serious complications and no one should go under it if it's not 'necessary').  He was right.  My kid did fine. 

OK - TMI:  Fast forward 15 years.  My kid had to have an operation  in which general anesthesia  was necessary.  He did not do well with it.  It took a very long time for him to come out of it.  Thank God he didn't have it when he was just seven years old. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3
On 4/26/2016 at 9:36 PM, breezy424 said:

I don't know for sure but maybe the port?  Geez.  My mom had one put in with a local.  My kid had a PIC line put in for his treatment of Lyme... by a practical nurse.  The hospital wanted to have a surgeon do it under anesthesia and my pediatrician advised me that it wasn't necessary (despite that people have general anesthesia every day, it still can cause serious complications and no one should go under it if it's not 'necessary').  He was right.  My kid did fine. 

OK - TMI:  Fast forward 15 years.  My kid had to have an operation  in which general anesthesia  was necessary.  He did not do well with it.  It took a very long time for him to come out of it.  Thank God he didn't have it when he was just seven years old. 

Wow, I'm glad he recovered. Maybe the hospital wanted to do it under general when he was 7 to make it easier for them (unconscious child versus squirming child)? Good thing your pediatrician spoke up!

31 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Am I wrong in remembering that Yolanda had to have her implants removed since they burst/leaked?  If true then the whole issue is probably related to that.  Leaking silicon can devastate the body.

She had old, leaky implants removed. Not sure why she had such old implants in the first place... But my understanding is there is no evidence for leaking implants causing all the things she claims are wrong with her, other than from quacks like Dr. Mercola.

This is my first attempt at posting with the new forum software so I apologize in advance if it comes out wonky.

• Love 5

Watching Yolanda, and thanking her for give dates on the demise of her marriage, I can see why there was unrest in the marriage.  The woman is unwilling to listen to anyone.  Yolanda seems to be proud of the fact that she is the one that changed.  From 11/11/11 until 11/11/15, I think the biggest change was Yolanda's need to have her giant ego stroked.  It just seemed she was not going to be happy until she could be the face of something and much more than David Foster's wife.  Now according to her she is the face of Lyme and invisible illness.  Two things that require no talent. 

I can see why David split, this is a person who claims, well pretty much everything, and specifically all her waking hours are spent on her Lyme Disease (and I guess her kids' version of it as well).  I just don't know of any clinician that recommends this kind of immersion with one's symptoms.  Most of what she does is palliative in nature.  From her four or five years there seems to be zero she has discovered about the disease cure wise other than she felt it needed Awareness Awards.  The Global Lyme Awareness Award seemed to be the cure.

S her hopes for she and David being BFFs again one day, I think are also a pipe dream.  She would much prefer to sit front row at her daughters' fashion shows (while their careers soar) than follow David around the globe from one benefit to another.  If Yolanda's long term goal in life is companionship (finding someone who could tolerate would be a challenge) she seems to be going about it the wrong way. 

• Love 8
On 4/25/2016 at 2:26 PM, RHJunkie said:

She was diagnosed in 2012 but has she given a time/year where she says she was 'suffering from' Lyme Disease? I've heard the effects are sometimes gradual so maybe that could be the case where she wasn't feeling the effects of her disease at that point? Perhaps also explaining why Bella is suffering from the same disease yet is still very active and out and about all the time?

I believe during the reunion she said that she was diagnosed with it either right before or right after getting married. Or had symptoms... or something... but I do know she basically said she's been dealing with it her entire marriage. 

2 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

So tired of this twit. It's too bad but I feel sure she'll be back.

You are probably correct but I see her taking off about three weeks to sit front and center at the fashion shows in September.   I think she will also be spending significant time with Anwar in NY this summer guiding his modeling career.  Fingers crossed her scenes will just be with Gigi and the non-Gigis and of course bumming private plane rides from Erika.  I am curious if she won't elect to find a place in NYC.  Once Anwar graduates what keeps her in LA?  Her Hollywood friends?  Of course there is always Kim Richards.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

You are probably correct but I see her taking off about three weeks to sit front and center at the fashion shows in September.   I think she will also be spending significant time with Anwar in NY this summer guiding his modeling career.  Fingers crossed her scenes will just be with Gigi and the non-Gigis and of course bumming private plane rides from Erika.  I am curious if she won't elect to find a place in NYC.  Once Anwar graduates what keeps her in LA?  Her Hollywood friends?  Of course there is always Kim Richards.

the yo/Erica Joon dynamic is only one of convenience, free airplane trips. I can bet you dollars to doughnuts that yo won't be as 'mobile' now that she is divorced? No one to finance her 'journeys' and hold her hand while she gets her injection of monkeyballs and porcupine penis?

Again, NO ONE challenged her about her wacko freezing/lemon/home IV regimes and for that? I am truly disappointed.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

My bet is Erika will be or already is tired of the lack of any acknowledgement Yo shows her and will branch out to other areas and wives. That private plane, which I suspect was just one of the tickets Ericka used to get on the show will also branch out to other areas, meaning Ericka will no longer be Yo's chauffer.

• Love 4

On twitter Yo claimed that she hasn't been able to exercise at all due to muscle pain and fatigue, and has just started to do two swims per week to ease back into exercise. Okay, I realize that some people are more naturally slim and toned than others, but the woman I saw on the reunion show and in recent photos does not look like someone who hasn't been exercising at all. Is this "not able to exercise" the same as "a year in bed with a broken back"?

She also claims she takes ozone to stay regular. Alrighty.

• Love 8

Well, that's not exactly what she said. And FWIW, she said that 12 hours ago. The reunion was filmed almost 2 months ago.  Maybe she had a set back between then and now.  And she didn't tell us about it.  Imagine that.  She didn't tell us/show us every detail of what's going on with her!  We should be mad. And what is this Joga that she's talking about.  No pictures? 

Now some a-hole on her feed is saying:

LOLOL.  First of all, ya nitwit, Yolanda said she had muscle weakness, not loss of muscle tone.  There's a difference.  If your only form of exercise wasn't lifting  your laptop cover, you'd know that.  And I like how she says Yo's lost 'NO' muscle tone.  She's seen it with her own eyes! LOL.  Unless she's a physical therapist who has laid her hands on Yo, how would she know that.  Donna, your nastiness and stupidity is showing.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Well, that's not exactly what she said. And FWIW, she said that 12 hours ago. The reunion was filmed almost 2 months ago.  Maybe she had a set back between then and now. 

LOLOL.  First of all, ya nitwit, Yolanda said she had muscle weakness, not loss of muscle tone.  There's a difference.  If your only form of exercise wasn't lifting  your laptop cover, you'd know that.  And I like how she says Yo's lost 'NO' muscle tone.  She's seen it with her own eyes! LOL.  Unless she's a physical therapist who has laid her hands on Yo, how would she know that.  Donna, your nastiness and stupidity is showing.

For some reason I can't excerpt your post, but ANYWAY in response to the bolded part - fair enough!

BTW this is Joga: http://jogawithjana.com/

It's yoga for athletes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, glowlights said:

On twitter Yo claimed that she hasn't been able to exercise at all due to muscle pain and fatigue, and has just started to do two swims per week to ease back into exercise. Okay, I realize that some people are more naturally slim and toned than others, but the woman I saw on the reunion show and in recent photos does not look like someone who hasn't been exercising at all. Is this "not able to exercise" the same as "a year in bed with a broken back"?

She also claims she takes ozone to stay regular. Alrighty.

I thought Yolanda looked terrible on the reunion shows and usually she's one of the best looking women on the show imo.  Her dress was ill fitting, especially around the chest area but all over really and her face was bloated/puffy.  She's a shadow of her former self. She's been coasting on years of rigorous exercise and healthy eating but she's definitely not the same woman of two years ago.  Not even close. 

• Love 2
On 4/27/2016 at 11:47 AM, glowlights said:

She had old, leaky implants removed. Not sure why she had such old implants in the first place... But my understanding is there is no evidence for leaking implants causing all the things she claims are wrong with her, other than from quacks like Dr. Mercola.

Found this in at ourbodiesourselves:

Do implant patients who have autoimmune symptoms feel better if their implants are removed?  A study of 52 women who had silicone gel-filled breast implants and symptoms such as fatigue and muscle and joint pain found that the symptoms improved significantly in 36 out of 52 women who had their breast implants removed.

A study of Danish women who had breast implants for an average of 19 years found that they were significantly more likely to report fatigue, Raynaud-like symptoms (white fingers and toes when exposed to cold), and memory loss and other cognitive symptoms, compared to women of the same age in the general population.

Despite reporting that women with implants were between two and three times as likely to report those symptoms, the researchers, who were funded by a silicone manufacturer, concluded that long-term exposure to breast implants “does not appear to be associated with” autoimmune “symptoms or diseases.” However, the symptoms they reported can be from autoimmune diseases.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:07 PM, gunderda said:

I believe during the reunion she said that she was diagnosed with it either right before or right after getting married. Or had symptoms... or something... but I do know she basically said she's been dealing with it her entire marriage. 

She says she became ill before the wedding, so sick she had trouble planning it! LOL She was initially diagnosed with CFS after she joined the show but she "sought" a different diagnosis with a (questionable) Dr. in Belgium. It was the Belgium Dr. that said she had CLD (a non existent disease).

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9

I think Yolanda means "exercise" the same way she meant "walk," as in she can't do her full routine. Plus it's Twitter, you can only be so accurate. 

I think she's a generally terrible human being, lots to pick apart when it comes to her stories. This particular tweet, though... Whatever. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Found this in at ourbodiesourselves:

Silicone from ruptured breast implants does NOT cause autoimmune disease. This has been discussed extensively in this thread and numerous reputable sources have been cited and linked. Numerous studies where analyzed and any symptoms reported do not differ from placebo groups or matched controls. This was found in other studies and not just ones funded by silicone manufactures.

Edited by Vicky8675309
added last sentence
  • Love 9

Yolanda this past year claimed she was doing modified Pilates.  Then there were the photos of her in the gym.  She appears toned.  Maybe one of her problem is unrealistic expectations.  People's bodies change as they age, even if they have an assload or is a pallet full of natural hormones.

• Love 11

Mohammed threw Gigi a 21st birthday party and there is no sign of Yolanda. 

Does that mean Mohammed is no longer speaking to Yolanda?

First of all, ya nitwit, Yolanda said she had muscle weakness, not loss of muscle tone.  There's a difference.  If your only form of exercise wasn't lifting  your laptop cover, you'd know that.  And I like how she says Yo's lost 'NO' muscle tone.  She's seen it with her own eyes! LOL.  Unless she's a physical therapist who has laid her hands on Yo, how would she know that.  Donna, your nastiness and stupidity is showing.

91c06b00-c9bf-0132-46c4-0e9062a7590a.gif

• Love 4