Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

(edited)
27 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

This is why I like reading posts at this site. No matter what I think, how ridiculous I think my thought might be, eventually my exact thought will be posted somewhere on this site. It has been bugging me all season, the O that shows up. I can't recall if it was always there or if she did something recently. It is very unpleasant to look at for me. 

I also like it when there is a lot of humor in the posts and posters run with it. 

I think Yolanda and David came to an understanding that the marriage was over when she moved into his condo while last season was still showing  . I don't blame her for wanting to get her affairs in order and not speak of it publicly for the show while it was happening. But it was a pissy move to announce it the day the season started, if David didn't know she was going to do that. 

Yes! And it's even better when someone else sees what you do. That O. It drives me to distraction! I tried Googling it I guess I don't have the right words for the search. I can't find anything online about it.

Edited by homeperm
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm flabbergasted by the fact that there are people out there that will do anything homeopathic with the feeling that just because it's 'natural' it can only heal you and not harm you. Using so many treatments in concurrence and/or simultaneous with one another can be dangerous. You don't know how things will react when mixed, and you certainly won't know without trial and error how those mixed components will react with bodily chemicals. I'm no scientist or doctor but I do have common sense.

Yes, if people liked Yolanda, I think they would be more outraged that these shysters are bilking an obviously limited woman out of her money.  Sadly, Yolanda is certainly not alone with these stupid ideas, or at being at the mercy of clever advertising and a convincing manner.  Believe me, I deal with it every single day.

How many people are paying a fortune for DoTerra essential oils, or one of the other multi-marketing schemes that flourish in Utah?  Young Living Essential Oils is another overpriced, over hyped group from the same place.  I actually have CANCER PATIENTS asking or telling me that they are taking this or that oil for their cancer.  Another friend, and this is a smart, very accomplished woman with a Master's Degree has drawers full of essential oils, but prides herself on never taking medicine.  The other day she was on a business trip and had back pain, she breathlessly told me it was so bad she "had to take drugs" with a disgusted grunt at the word.  I asked her what "drugs" she took, and she replied "an aspirin, but I don't believe in drugs, I forgot the oil I needed."

So Yolanda has a lot of company out there.

10 hours ago, homeperm said:

How about the AMA? Back in the 90's I had a bought of depression (mild, but with a fair amount of anxiety) and went to see my GP about it. She had me take St. John's wort for a month. From what I understand now, it's worthless, except as a placebo. Why would my very real doctor make such a recommendation? Was she trying it out as a placebo before prescribing a real drug, which she eventually did? I also did a lot of talk therapy, which, in my very personal opinion, needs to be a component. 

St Johns wort is not benign.  It can interact adversely with several medications.

The use of herbs, generally prescribed by minimum wage workers and the gullible at a "health food store" drives me crazy.  Herbs are not benign, or at least some certainly aren't.  Many medicines have been derived from herbs and plants.  People will take the herb, but "don't want to take medicine, it's a racket, it's harmful, it's just not me to take pills!"  Meanwhile, they can't seem to grasp that medicines, some originally based in active ingredients of those herbs/plants have been isolated and dosages regulated to create the very pills they refuse to take.  They also don't realize that many of these herbs are picked by more minimum wages workers, some in countries that still use banned pesticides.  Furthermore, some herbs/plants are only effective if harvested at very specific times, and handled properly even then. 

I used to be an amateur herbalist, mostly for fun and because it interested me, and I have a healthy library of books.  When my neighbor was becoming more and more sick, and nearly passed out in my yard, I finally asked him what was wrong.  This was a young, healthy guy.  He finally told me he'd been taking a bunch of herbs that the local health store recommended to improve his stamina in basketball.  I brought him inside, told him to tell me everything he was taking, and if he had any medical issues.  I was shocked, even though I had to look up several.  I handed him the phone and told him to call his doctor and take every one of them with him, and oh, by the way, make sure the doctor checked his kidneys.  Sure enough, he'd damaged them.   When he got home he threw everything away, and couldn't believe he'd been so stupid.

I'm not against using herbs for mild things, as long as your doctor knows, and you've done your homework, but frankly, I only use things I grow myself.  At least I know the roots must be alive for 4 years before they help, or picking after flowers drop makes a plant useless, and I'm not spraying things with God knows what.  With computers, not researching things you put in your bodies at reputable sources is beyond lazy.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2012/11/herbal_supplement_dangers_fda_does_not_regulate_supplements_and_they_can.html 

/rant

Edited by Umbelina
because a d is not an s
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, homeperm said:

Moist is unpleasant. I have no idea why I like tincture, but I really do like it. It kind of feels like you're chewing the word as you say it. It has an odd specificity to it.

I like the word tincture too; it sounds like snake oil being sold by a hawker standing on a soap box in the 1800s.   

Ointment is my most hated word.  It is creepy. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I want to comment on whatever that thing was that Yo was doing with her chiropractor - holding a bottle or jar of a substance to her chest while she held her other arm out, and the chiro pressed on it to see if she still needed to take the stuff.  A few of you commented on this awhile ago, but is there a proper term for it?  Anyway, you know what I saw her holding to her chest - really holding?  Glass and plastic!  Was the medical efficacy of the substance supposed to radiate through the jar somehow and into the flesh of her hand?  If so, then I'm in serious trouble every time I hold a can of Scrubbing Bubbles; yikes, its essence is "radiating" into me.  I'd better not hold my whisky bottle for too long!  This is the most ridiculous thing ever and I find it sad that Yo is falling for this nonsense.

(A friend of mine who believes in all sorts of silliness keeps her bottle of shampoo on a bed of a certain kind of crystal in her bathtub, because the "energy" of the crystals reaches through the plastic bottle and into the shampoo to make it better somehow.  Sad but true.  I can't believe I'm even typing this.)

Also, at one point the chiro told Yo that she didn't need to take some substance anymore.  A baffled and wistful Yo said, "Really?  But it comes all the way from Hungary."  I was gobsmacked.  So that's Yo's criterion for gauging the efficacy of a substance: if it's imported all the way from some exotic place.  Yo probably thinks that some plain old locally grown stuff isn't good enough to treat her very special condition that she'll be writing about in her book.

People who are so ignorant about medicine or science in general often make me want to cry.  It can really depress me.

ETA that many of you have commented on this stuff already in the episode threads.  Sorry to be repetitive.

Edited by DeepRed
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, DeepRed said:

I want to comment on whatever that thing was that Yo was doing with her chiropractor: holding a bottle or jar of a substance to her chest while she held her other arm out, and the chiro pressed on it to see if she still needed to take the stuff.  A few of you commented on this awhile ago, but is there a proper term for it?

Also, at one point the chiro told Yo that she didn't need to take some substance anymore. A baffled and wistful Yo said, "Really? But it comes all the way from Hungary." I was gobsmacked. So that's Yo's criterion for gauging the efficacy of a substance: if it's imported all the way from some exotic place. Yo probably thinks that some plain old locally grown stuff isn't good enough to treat her very special condition that she'll be writing about in her book.

Applied kinesiology (AK) or muscle strength testing: http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/ak.html

Applied kinesiology (AK) is the term most commonly used to identify a pseudoscientific system of muscle-testing and therapy. It was initiated in 1964 by George J. Goodheart, Jr., D.C. (1918-2008) and has become quite elaborate. Its basic notion is that every organ dysfunction is accompanied by a specific muscle weakness, which enables diseases to be diagnosed through muscle-testing procedures.

AK proponents claim that nutritional deficiencies, allergies, and other adverse reactions to foods or nutrients can be detected by having the patient chew or suck on these items or by placing them on the tongue so that the patient salivates. Some practitioners advise that the test material merely be held in the patient's hand or placed on another part of the body. A few even perform "surrogate testing" in which the arm strength of a parent is tested to determine problems in a child held by the parent.

The concepts of applied kinesiology do not conform to scientific facts about the causes or treatment of disease. Controlled studies have found no difference between the results with test substances and with placebos. Differences from one test to another may be due to suggestibility, distraction, variations in the amount of force or leverage involved, and/or muscle fatigue.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24607076

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DeepRed said:

Also, at one point the chiro told Yo that she didn't need to take some substance anymore.  A baffled and wistful Yo said, "Really?  But it comes all the way from Hungary."  I was gobsmacked.  So that's Yo's criterion for gauging the efficacy of a substance: if it's imported all the way from some exotic place.  Yo probably thinks that some plain old locally grown stuff isn't good enough to treat her very special condition that she'll be writing about in her book.

I was amused that it was something he didn't sell her.

• Love 6

After reading and writing about the Yolanda for the better part of a year I have arrived at the conclusion about what makes Yolanda tick.  (According to me.)

Yolanda claims when she was 12 she took a job washing dishes at a Chinese restaurant to supplement the family income.  Talk about a job with no upward mobility.  It was also the first time she was hospitalized for exhaustion.

By age 18 Yolanda had made some in roads in to modeling and promptly shipped off to Japan.  This is in Yolanda's history she was then hospitalized for  exhaustion related symptoms.

In her thirties, she was hospitalized for symptoms relating to her broken back allegedly caused by labor and delivery.  I believe she said it was some heroic push to save her some from potassium administered at the hospital. Not quite sure what medical genius came up with Anwar being allergic to potassium.  

At age 40 after several years of clinical depression she was hospitalized  again  for symptoms including exhaustion.  Shortly thereafter she met Mr. Wonderful and planned this over the top perfect life for not only herself but her children.  The perfect Malibu mansion, equestrian for the less fortunate looking non-Gigi, any and everything for the little prince, and of course a supermodel's career for Gigi.

Bottom line I think once Yolanda reaches a certain place she plateaus.  At 12, although it sounded good to have some extra pocket money it was probably too much without much reward in sight.  At 18 she wasn't on the runways of Europe she been sent off to Japan and outside the inside track.  She made her way back to New York and had some fun in Europe with the jet set, earned a living, not to be confused with being "financially independent", she like many other approaching 30 year olds was static.  Enter Mohamed and more money than she could have imagined and she entered the broodmare phase of her life.

By the time David came along I believe she just started down this path of perfection and shooting for the stars.  She now claims she was sick before the wedding complaining of her workout being tough for her to complete.  She overbuilt and overcommitted and misjudged the profit she could make of she and David's spec house, she envisioned being the most romantic relationship the world had ever seen (she did forget to factor in David can be a verbal clod) and was going to sell romance and her lifestyle, the best wedding, her Dutch TV show, where she edged out the other Dutch housewives, the non-Gigi and her stalled equestrian career and love of the counter-culture stuff, and what it takes for the care and feeding of three children and tending to a very busy travel schedule her king committed to. 

In short Yolanda overcommits her mind and body and when nature takes its course she shuts down and claims her over commitments are due to a physical cause rather than just admitting maybe she wants and does too much.  It is convenient that she has married wealth and has at her fingertips charlatans that will feed her bruised ego and sell her unsubstantiated treatments and diagnoses.  What is sad is according to Yolanda is over the last 15 years she has been "down" at least 10 years between her depression and Lyme Disease.  That is a big chunk out of her children's lives considering they are 16-21 years old.  

One thing I have to say, with all of Yolanda's angst and seemingly inability to maintain a marital relationship, she does stress the most important thing in her daughters' romantic relationships is respect.  Let's hope their partners don't tie their respect of either Gigi or Bella to their incredible success in their modeling careers.  Respect for the sake of respect of a significant other.

• Love 13
(edited)

^^ Overcommitment plus a mental health component, I think.  It's kind of easy to claim exhaustion when things aren't going one's way, which would be esp. difficult for a control freak like Yolanda.

ETA that Yo's exhaustion = my mother's headaches, whenever things aren't going her way, that is.  I'm not really belittling my mom or Yo about this, but I think there's some kind of psychosomatic component in play with people who are extreme control freaks.

Edited by DeepRed
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, DeepRed said:

^^ Overcommitment plus a mental health component, I think.  It's kind of easy to claim exhaustion when things aren't going one's way, which would be esp. difficult for a control freak like Yolanda.

ETA that Yo's exhaustion = my mother's headaches, whenever things aren't going her way, that is.  I'm not really belittling my mom or Yo about this, but I think there's some kind of psychosomatic component in play with people who are extreme control freaks.

Yolanda also receives attention and sympathy for being sick. She pretty much demands both and uses what she perceives as a lack thereof as a ammunition against the other RH and the world in general.  She has stated several times about feeling sick for the ill.  She adds invisible diseases, when Kim and brandi are misbehaving it becomes, she sees them as "suffering".  Had she said, three teenagers, a husband with a demanding career, high maintenance home, on a popular TV show, I have to make some choices where to cut back, she would have considered it a defeat.

Yolanda claims her mother suffered from migraine headaches and had to take to bed for days.  She gave the non-Gigis a built in excuse for anything they can't accomplish-Lye Disease and the havoc it plays on their physical and mental state.  I am thinking this the third generation on Yolanda's side who have learned how to work it.

I think it has been difficult for Yolanda to be both a control freak and almost subservient in her marriages.  Lord knows it is almost impossible to control anyone let alone these very successful peacock men she has married with massive egos.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think it has been difficult for Yolanda to be both a control freak and almost subservient in her marriages.  Lord knows it is almost impossible to control anyone let alone these very successful peacock men she has married with massive egos.

Although Yolanda would have us believe that she put her husbands first, something tells me the opposite is the truth. I suspect that her "my King, my Love" was an act for show, for the public, for the image she was trying to sell us  but not what really went on behind closed doors.

• Love 7

Sometimes the power position is being weak. Worked for Yo's story this season when Lisar, before she changed her story, all but set-up an equal power play between LVP and Yo for HBIC. I'm actually very interested in how this plays out next season not so much between LVP and Yo because I'm exhausted with that but with Yo in general. She seemed almost neutral to LVP at several points in the reunion, hum shifting of teams...

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Sometimes the power position is being weak. Worked for Yo's story this season when Lisar, before she changed her story, all but set-up an equal power play between LVP and Yo for HBIC. I'm actually very interested in how this plays out next season not so much between LVP and Yo because I'm exhausted with that but with Yo in general. She seemed almost neutral to LVP at several points in the reunion, hum shifting of teams...

I may be wrong but I do believe the issue Yolanda had with LVP was LVP expressing her overfamiliarity with them via her friendship with Mohamed.  I believe Yolanda felt a little excluded.  I get people are very protective of their children and Yolanda just strikes me as one of those who does not want talking about her children. Since they are now famous, I think she views anyone who speaks of them as being opportunists. I do think LVP overstepped the first season Yolanda was on and Kyle had asked about Yolanda and David, and in mid-sentenced LVP interrupted his story to assert where she was when David and Yolanda announced their engagement.  I saw it as a fairly innocent attempt to show the audience LVP was welcoming them and running in the same circles as David and Yolanda-I don't think Yolanda did.

Mohamed and I am sure now Yolanda to a lesser extent have to realize the popularity LVP has and continues to have there is no reason for the continued estrangement. Yolanda got her pound of flesh from LVP through announcing Mohamed did not speak with her.  BFD.  Talk about people who should be thinking of their children's happiness first.  Gigi and the non-Gigis need all the social media support out there.  Yolanda running around calling our Rebecca Romjin and LVP are really not necessary.  Especially when Yolanda misinterprets half of what people say.

I am going to be anxious to see if Yolanda give Rinna a pass.  I don't see it Rinna has done far more to hurt Yolanda than the entire cast past and present combined.  Munchausen and Yolanda being the most manipulative won't go away soon. 

• Love 7

With regards to WoYo modeling in Japan, it's a lucrative market for those looking to make bank and build their book/reel simultaneously. Agents don't take girls indefinitely; a model gets a three month contract and then it's re-evaluated when time's up. Models usually have bookings waiting for them when they land at the airport and are in GO mode for the duration. It's not as prestigious as the Euro markets, but it pays and is worth the time whereas Europe is even more competitive and there's very little money to be made.

Her look was in demand during that time period, so I'm inclined to think she was working constantly when she first arrived. Protocol and manners go a long way in Japan and if young Yo was like the Yo we've seen, word traveled quickly and she sat around doing nothing because no one wanted to work with her. I can totally see her suffering from 'exhaustion' if a week in the hospital would be enough to break her contract and get her sent home.

• Love 5
On 5/11/2016 at 10:32 AM, DeepRed said:

People who are so ignorant about medicine or science in general often make me want to cry.  It can really depress me.

ETA that many of you have commented on this stuff already in the episode threads.  Sorry to be repetitive.

You are not alone Deepred. I often feel sad that some people are so willing to reject reason and science. As a country, I feel like the United States has gone backward in my lifetime in that regard.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Although Yolanda would have us believe that she put her husbands first, something tells me the opposite is the truth. I suspect that her "my King, my Love" was an act for show, for the public, for the image she was trying to sell us  but not what really went on behind closed doors.

For sure. Yo made it clear on several occasions and mentioned in her blogs and other sources how bothered she was when one did not give her the time of day. If someone did not visit her while she was ill - which is 100 Percent of the time - throw them under the bus. If people did not call her to check up on her? Forget it. You are branded as not being a real friend. David surely suffered the wrath of Yo for not being there to tend to her. 

I once mentioned Yo's ugly O lips. Such a distraction. Those lips are so damn ugly and they actually make her look older to me. The lips have a look to them as if she has a ready-made-hole to insert a cigarette or a Vienna sausage.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, cork dork said:

With regards to WoYo modeling in Japan, it's a lucrative market for those looking to make bank and build their book/reel simultaneously. Agents don't take girls indefinitely; a model gets a three month contract and then it's re-evaluated when time's up. Models usually have bookings waiting for them when they land at the airport and are in GO mode for the duration. It's not as prestigious as the Euro markets, but it pays and is worth the time whereas Europe is even more competitive and there's very little money to be made.

Her look was in demand during that time period, so I'm inclined to think she was working constantly when she first arrived. Protocol and manners go a long way in Japan and if young Yo was like the Yo we've seen, word traveled quickly and she sat around doing nothing because no one wanted to work with her. I can totally see her suffering from 'exhaustion' if a week in the hospital would be enough to break her contract and get her sent home.

Thanks for the explanation about the Japanese modeling market.

It is ironic since the meteoric rise of Gigi how Yolanda's career seems to have gotten bigger and better.  Even the women on the show say some odd things.  Take Rinna for example seeing Yolanda at auditions-Yolanda didn't move to LA until she was pregnant with Gigi as far as speaking roles, I doubt she was much competition or even up for consideration.  Then all of a sudden Kathryn talks about giving up jobs when she ran into Yolanda at auditions-really, they were both 30 years old when Yolanda arrived (and again Yolanda was pregnant) and Kathryn's husband was playing in Kansas City. 

First Yolanda hit the runways at 16 and was a success but then had no money when she moved to NY and lived in a shoebox.  I kind of like the story Yolanda originally put out that after modeling for a few years she went to work on the non-camera side of things.  It is her glaring inconsistencies even from the way back machine that make her disingenuous.  I only used that word because Yolanda responded she only needs the genuine friends who have her back 24/7. 

When I think of models from that era I think of Elle Macpherson, Rachel Hunter, Cindy Crawford and many more.  Somehow Yolanda and her look seem a bit second tier. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I once mentioned Yo's ugly O lips. Such a distraction. Those lips are so damn ugly and they actually make her look older to me. The lips have a look to them as if she has a ready-made-hole to insert a cigarette or a Vienna sausage.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

• Love 3

Yolanda must have made money doing commercial catalogue work, I can't see how she's come to consider modeling such a lucrative profession otherwise. 

Almost every modeling photo from the old days has a her modeling a swimsuit with a severe wedgie. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, ingenting said:

Almost every modeling photo from the old days has a her modeling a swimsuit with a severe wedgie. 

You made me look.  Yikes.  And to think we wore bottoms like that over tights to aerobic classes.  Beautiful body, though. No wonder all she did was model bathing suits.  

She had the o lips way back then.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It is ironic since the meteoric rise of Gigi how Yolanda's career seems to have gotten bigger and better.  Even the women on the show say some odd things.  Take Rinna for example seeing Yolanda at auditions-Yolanda didn't move to LA until she was pregnant with Gigi as far as speaking roles, I doubt she was much competition or even up for consideration.  Then all of a sudden Kathryn talks about giving up jobs when she ran into Yolanda at auditions-really, they were both 30 years old when Yolanda arrived (and again Yolanda was pregnant) and Kathryn's husband was playing in Kansas City. 

First Yolanda hit the runways at 16 and was a success but then had no money when she moved to NY and lived in a shoebox.  I kind of like the story Yolanda originally put out that after modeling for a few years she went to work on the non-camera side of things.  It is her glaring inconsistencies even from the way back machine that make her disingenuous.  I only used that word because Yolanda responded she only needs the genuine friends who have her back 24/7. 

Contrast Yo's shifting stories about damn near everything, including her career, with Erica's candidness about her marriage.  That's maybe the one thing I like about Erica: she's told the truth about how she met Tom.  As Rinna would scream, Erica OWNS IT!! about being a cocktail waitress who lucked into marrying an older rich guy.  Yo is so very image conscious, but she doesn't realize that telling the truth about some things is a much smarter move than constantly trying to rewrite history - history that can be easily checked and shown to be a pack of lies.

Also, zoeysmom, I really like that you brought up Yo's moms's headaches and the built-in Lyme excuse Yo's given her kids: multi-generational learned behavior.  It's good food for thought.

• Love 5

It should be interesting to see whether Lil 'Landa feels fit as a fiddle next season, now that she knows (or thinks) that everyone sympathizes with her.  There's a certain amount of truth to the fact that an elevated mood can help one physically.  It might be hard to know, though, whether she was better due to the support she felt or whether she hit on the right combination of pills from her treasure chest.

Yo said she wanted to write a book, then travel the world forever.  That traveling could get old, though.  She also said she couldn't see herself remarrying.  So, what does she do for the rest of her life? 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Lura said:

Yo said she wanted to write a book, then travel the world forever.  That traveling could get old, though.  She also said she couldn't see herself remarrying.  So, what does she do for the rest of her life? 

I'd bet money that she's going to start modeling again. Cash dollars.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Or at least she'll want to.    After watching Daisy this past season, and especially during the secrets revealed episode, I wonder how much having her around, and her control over YO, played a part in David leaving.   No matter what type of common sense he tried to get her to see, there was Daisy, full time, reinforcing all the crack pot pseudo-science.   David isn't stupid, and neither are his kids, so I'm sure just like everyone else they were checking out these dr's and the reports of them all being scams.   More than anybody, it was in Daisy's best interest to get David out of there!    Which makes me think back to last year's reunion when Yo said even members of her own family didn't believe her.  I wonder if one of those included David and her step-kids.   

YO thinks of Daisy as a friend who is really there for her, one of the loyal girlfriends she talks about.  Daisy is there for Daisy.  For the money, to keep it going, to get YO to invest in some sort of clinic, etc.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Which makes me think back to last year's reunion when Yo said even members of her own family didn't believe her. 

I always thought it was David's kids who probably started really bending David's ear.  He was probably blinded by love at first.  Then the kids started seeing how all her travels for treatment were cutting into their bottom line.  It was inevitable that he was going to come to the same conclusion that she was wasting money on some of her treatments.  And it snowballed from there.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ingenting said:

Yolanda must have made money doing commercial catalogue work, I can't see how she's come to consider modeling such a lucrative profession otherwise. 

Were wedgies a thing back then?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

If not modeling herself, she will try to micromanage Gigi's, Bella's and Anwar's modeling careers as much as possible. Following them from shoot to shoot, runway to runway! LOL

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Lura said:

I think she's going to start a line of brown eyes shadows called Integrity

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If not modeling herself, she will try to micromanage Gigi's, Bella's and Anwar's modeling careers as much as possible. Following them from shoot to shoot, runway to runway! LOL

Stage mom from hell!  Like Kris Jenner.  Yo will be everywhere, even more so than now.

• Love 8

I predict Yolanda will get another sweetheart contract that promises she will only shoot if she is up to it or not engaged in micromanaging her children.  I think she will lead them to believe they can film the non-Gigi's and even the Gigi, until production has to start paying out workers' comp claims for the injuries sustained by production people who fall asleep behind the camera or the editing screen and bang their heads waiting fro Yolanda's offspring to utter an intelligent comment.   Yolanda will stay friendly with Erika as long as Erika lets her commandeer the plane for her personal business.

• Love 9
(edited)

For a while now, I've had a question about Daisy and Yolanda, but I've hesitated to bring it up. I guess I will, with the understanding that no offense is meant to anyone.  Daisy and Yolanda have been "good friends" for many years.  HOW good?  There are many Hollywood couples, each of them homosexuals, who marry, and each goes on living their own life.  I'm not saying that's the case here, but it could be.  It still bothers me that they lived together for four or more years, then got married, and everything went to pot after one year of marriage.  And they certainly knew by then what they were getting into.  And she was only beginning to get Lyme in one year.  I can't believe he tired of traveling with her (or whatever the story is) within a year.  It's that year in between that keeps gnawing at me.  Then, they continued pretending.  Just doesn't add up to me.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Daisy and Yo have been "good friends" for many years.  Daisy is a paid assistant, former prostitute turned fake nurse.

Did Yo say they were good friends for many years?  She lies.  She lied about Erika and Tom being long time friends of her and David...they clearly just met for this season.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 12
57 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

I hope that Yo sticks around long enough to get the true edit she deserves. There was a reason we didn't see that muscle testing until the secrets revealed episode. 

Me, too! How they let her get away with spreading all that misinformation is something I'll never understand or be okay with. Let's hope next season Bravo will finally right their wrong and expose her. It won't make up for this irresponsible season, but it'll make a dent. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Satchels of gold said:

I hope that Yo sticks around long enough to get the true edit she deserves. There was a reason we didn't see that muscle testing until the secrets revealed episode. 

Just like the last show was about her divorce, so we saw very little discussion, same with the muscle testing.  I would have loved Andy to ask about it, and have somebody, anybody, get specific on how it works.  

• Love 9

Can you imagine bringing your husband along while you got a muscle test?  Mine would tell me that the doctor, me, or both is crazy and would not pay the bill. 

It was interesting that Yolanda dismissed the good doctor's findings when she wanted to keep her ointment that she got in another country. It somehow made it back into the caboddle box even though it failed the test. 

• Love 9
22 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

For sure. Yo made it clear on several occasions and mentioned in her blogs and other sources how bothered she was when one did not give her the time of day. If someone did not visit her while she was ill - which is 100 Percent of the time - throw them under the bus. If people did not call her to check up on her? Forget it. You are branded as not being a real friend. David surely suffered the wrath of Yo for not being there to tend to her. 

This is how I think the DF/YF marriage went.

They get hitched and here comes the wacky. David tries to figure out how to help her and has to put up with her constant screwy demands, He goes along with the program - a happy wife and all that - until his rope starts to fray under the weight of having to rush around the planet going from snake oil salesperson to s.o. salesperson. - Hey, I have to work to be able to afford this shit!

Finally, common sense kicks in and he pulls the pin. I wonder what kind of 'discussions' went on the day she mentioned as being the end of her marriage. The funniest part about her being on the show is the fact that she has no problem with showing the fuckery that she puts her body thru, but something like a broken marriage - something that would get her some of the fans of the franchise on her side - is top secret.

• Love 7

Yo won'

8 hours ago, Lura said:

It should be interesting to see whether Lil 'Landa feels fit as a fiddle next season, now that she knows (or thinks) that everyone sympathizes with her.  There's a certain amount of truth to the fact that an elevated mood can help one physically.  It might be hard to know, though, whether she was better due to the support she felt or whether she hit on the right combination of pills from her treasure chest.

Yo will support Donald Trump. She will then develop audio books on how to speak proper English with her teaching the basics such as how to pronounce "Moon Chowzen". She will then have her own line of almonds. They will come two per pack. Eat one in the morning, the second at night. Too bad she can't sing and too bad Beyonce beat her to the punch. David could have helped produce her CD titled "Lemonade". 

• Love 7

Do we get a complimentary cleanse with our 2 per pack almond purchase? Any upside if we purchase the almonds on auto-delivery?

Yolanda is looking more like her mother each day. Her face is showing her age. 

• Love 3

Yesterday I met someone whose sister is living with post-treatment Lyme syndrome. She is one of the unlucky ones who continues to  endure symptoms after the antibiotics worked to kill the infection. Hearing about her situation made me so much more fed up with all the misinformation Yo and her quacks are spreading because it lumps legitimate patients in with the woo crowd. What a disservice. :(

• Love 12
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:02 AM, ingenting said:

15xllau.jpg

If anyvon haz any kwes-tee-uns for Ah-lee - I do tinks of her as my adop-tud gi-gi - pleez ask me und I vil tell choos about my choor-ney und dat will give choos un ide-ah whut da lyme re-lee dus to choos.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:01 PM, Showthyme said:

Can you imagine bringing your husband along while you got a muscle test?  Mine would tell me that the doctor, me, or both is crazy and would not pay the bill. 

It was interesting that Yolanda dismissed the good doctor's findings when she wanted to keep her ointment that she got in another country. It somehow made it back into the caboddle box even though it failed the test. 

Ding, ding, ding..........you pointed out something that probably happened more than a few times during her 'journey'. How many times do you think she sat in front of someone (I hesitate to use the word quack next to the word doctor) looking for an answer, got one and because it wasn't what she wanted to hear, she did the opposite?

She - plain and simple - is a fucking moron. She is a professional patient and loves the attention that being sick gives her. She claims to have lose, and then miraculously gain, brain function - I wonder how she got the gig as Lyme Moderator?

• Love 4

Ellie is in her last stages of ALS, this is her blog.  http://havesomedecorum.blogspot.com/ She mentions Yolanda, calls her kid an asshole and no longer trusts those who she entrusted to raise her 21 year old daughter except Yolanda and Diandra (Mike Douglas' ex-wife, see son Cameron release date from prison early 2018). I need someone to explain why we are being asked to donate money to this woman who was perfectly fine it much less costly palliative care facility.  I guess Yolanda is too busy promoting her disease to spend genuine time with her friend. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Ellie is in her last stages of ALS, this is her blog.  http://havesomedecorum.blogspot.com/ She mentions Yolanda, calls her kid an asshole and no longer trusts those who she entrusted to raise her 21 year old daughter except Yolanda and Diandra (Mike Douglas' ex-wife, see son Cameron release date from prison early 2018). I need someone to explain why we are being asked to donate money to this woman who was perfectly fine it much less costly palliative care facility.  I guess Yolanda is too busy promoting her disease to spend genuine time with her friend. 

I don't get this ladies ramblings. If your daughter is 21 years old with a father and a stepfather, when you (the mother) die, there isn't going to be anyone replacing you. 

And of course, her constant firing and un-firing of caregivers precipitated this crisis with her daughter. 

I'm glad the whole family sided with Grace. 

• Love 5