Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I didn't keep the Ken part in because while true, Ken can be an asshole and has said questionable things too. Just like LVP.

True, but nothing he said comes to mind as horrid as a false allegation of physical assault.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
On 10/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, emma675 said:

Yolanda should not have gone so public about this, deal with it privately.

"Dealing with things privately" is how abusers get away with abuse.  Family members, church goers, sports players...etc. don't want to "rock the boat." We never heard of Zayn being physical before?  Well now we have.  At the very least, it'd make a future victim if there is one, might have an easier path of being believed.

I hope victims of assault or abuse know that they should do what they need to do to be safe and not cave to the pressure of handling things privately if that won't keep them safe. 

As for Yolanda, I don't think she went public with this.  She or the security guard might have called the cops but it looks like this didn't go public until he submitted a plea. The incident happened a month ago.  It's a miracle it wasn't discovered then.  

But it'd be a huge feat for a member of One Direction to submit a plea in an assault case and not have it make the news.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Zayn has pleaded no contest to harassing Gigi and Yolanda. Drug issues. He's an asshole. No doubt.

There has always definitely been something "off" about Yolanda. Racist behaviour, falsely accusing Ken of assault, food issues with her daughters, worried that Gigi might be a lesbian or look "Chinese."

Gigi chose to have a child with Zayn in the midst of an on again, off again relationship. I also suspect that she may be influenced too much by her mother.

Mohamed is a very sketchy person. 

Anwar and Bella (the two who Yolanda claimed have Lyme Disease, but seemingly no negative symptoms) seem to be doing okay.

I hope that Gigi is able to protect Khai from Zayn and from Yolanda.

I see some of Yolanda's flaws. She can be a Karen and exaggerate a lot. But I give her benefit of the doubt that she's not a bigot. At this point, she's nearly 60. I'm not saying that's old, but I'm sure it's a lot older than a lot of us viewers. She is also foreign and was married to another foreigner for many years. She's not going to think or speak like an American millennial. I'm not saying the stuff she said was great, just that it's possible it didn't come from a hateful place. 

I agree that Mohamed is very sketchy. I don't get why LVP gets a pass for her close friendship with him when people always bring up Kyle being friends with Faye. 

Yeah, that confused the hell out of me too. I'm glad they're okay though. 

Same. I think both Zayn and Yolanda probably have issues. Gigi seems really sweet, just a young woman who had a baby with the wrong guy. It happens. 

1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

Yo doesn't bother me as much as she does some of the other RHOBH fans. But these things you listed are what made me side eye her. There isn't a good excuse for any of them.

I didn't keep the Ken part in because while true, Ken can be an asshole and has said questionable things too. Just like LVP.

39 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

True, but nothing he said comes to mind as horrid as a false allegation of physical assault.

I agree that Ken can be an ass and aggressive. I love that he is protective of his wife, but he can take it a little far. But it is really messed up to falsely accuse someone of assault. 

• Love 7

11 minutes ago, amarante said:

When those episodes aired, it was very much a topic of discussion.

It just seemed like such a vapid ambition for a child who could theoretically do anything they wanted in life.

Not to model shame, but modeling is not a business that relies on anything other than winning the genetic lottery - or in Bella Hadid's case - buying the best face that money could afford in terms of the extensive plastic surgery she had. 

And although the Hadid girls were probably sheltered from the sexual exploitation that runs rampant they certainly didn't escape from the disordered eating and dysmorphia. As I recall Gigi was shamed about eating a piece of her birthday cake by Yolanda and was advised to eat five almonds as a snack - and of course Yolanda's cleanses - hot water, lemons and red pepper as I recall.

It is not even as if these kids try to be actors or singers which at least requires talent and also training for those who are serious about acting. 

I was joking with my friend about how I was horse crazy as a kid but unfortunately my parents weren't Bill Gates, Bruce Springsteen or Mike Bloomberg and therefore weren't able to buy my competition show jumpers. 😂 But at least those are serious pursuits at that level although obviously helped very much if you are born to wealth.

Responding here since the conversation moved more toward Yolanda and her kids.

I thought the same! 

I hated Yolanda's attitude about food. I know Rinna looks like she doesn't set a great example for her girls (maybe she doesn't), but I don't remember her talking about food to her daughters the way Yolanda did with Gigi. 

And you reminded me to my favorite Yolanda moment of all time!

tumblr_mi6ssi3iAF1qlxyddo2_400.gifv

• Love 3
On 11/1/2021 at 7:43 PM, Surrealist said:

Yo doesn't bother me as much as she does some of the other RHOBH fans. But these things you listed are what made me side eye her. There isn't a good excuse for any of them.

IMO you pretty much have to be at least part asshole to want to be on one of these shows, and every person on them has said questionable things.  But we all saw Ken barely touch her and how she carried on as if he'd tried to break her arm.  Not cool.  Plus she was caught lying about other things throughout her tenure on the show, and I'm not even talking about her "illness".

On 11/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, Door County Cherry said:

As for Yolanda, I don't think she went public with this.  She or the security guard might have called the cops but it looks like this didn't go public until he submitted a plea. The incident happened a month ago.  It's a miracle it wasn't discovered then.  

I just checked in here tonight and this is the first I'm hearing about it.  But the original article posted here said Yolanda was accusing him, he was denying, and she was "considering" going to the police and pressing charges.  That was my reason #2 for giving her the side-eye.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, princelina said:

IMO you pretty much have to be at least part asshole to want to be on one of these shows, and every person on them has said questionable things.  But we all saw Ken barely touch her and how she carried on as if he'd tried to break her arm.  Not cool.  Plus she was caught lying about other things throughout her tenure on the show, and I'm not even talking about her "illness".

I just checked in here tonight and this is the first I'm hearing about it.  But the original article posted here said Yolanda was accusing him, he was denying, and she was "considering" going to the police and pressing charges.  That was my reason #2 for giving her the side-eye.

I agree. I think nice types are the exception on the franchise, and they tend to not last long. I thought Joyce was sweet for example. That's one of the first things that really rubbed me the wrong way about Yolanda actually. I hated how she spoke to Joyce. 

• Love 11

How do you leave a child with a known drug user who has anger and aggression issues? According to people who know Zayn, he smokes weed and works on music at night, sleeps during the day. Yolanda was probably terrified that Khai wasn’t safe. I hope the custody judge considers not letting Zayn take care of the baby alone.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

How do you leave a child with a known drug user who has anger and aggression issues? According to people who know Zayn, he smokes weed and works on music at night, sleeps during the day. Yolanda was probably terrified that Khai wasn’t safe. I hope the custody judge considers not letting Zayn take care of the baby alone.

And who was the security? Was it Yo's personal person or for the residence? How on earth did they let him get close enough to touch her? Unless they were called after the fact, someone needs a new job.

IF Yo lied about what happened, that's heinous. IF it happened as she claimed, that's heinous. What happens if the baby won't stop screaming or crying, as they sometimes do? I truly hope Gigi really looks at the situation and makes arrangements for a nanny or someone to be around when Zayn has his time with their child.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

And who was the security? Was it Yo's personal person or for the residence? How on earth did they let him get close enough to touch her? Unless they were called after the fact, someone needs a new job.

IF Yo lied about what happened, that's heinous. IF it happened as she claimed, that's heinous. What happens if the baby won't stop screaming or crying, as they sometimes do? I truly hope Gigi really looks at the situation and makes arrangements for a nanny or someone to be around when Zayn has his time with their child.

Going by his reputation and the things Zayn screamed at Gigi and her mom, I doubt he’d accept help (surveillance) unless it was ordered by the court. Gigi is insisting that Khai needs her dad (true enough), but the child’s safety has to come first.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/09/bella-hadid-shares-selfies-of-her-crying-about-her-anxiety/

Snip from the article:

Bella Hadid revealed that she has cried almost “everyday” and “every night” for the past few years.

Posting several photos of herself in tears on Tuesday, the supermodel reminded her followers that social media is not real life. 

“For anyone struggling, please remember that. Sometimes all you’ve gotta hear is that you’re not alone,” she wrote in a lengthy caption. “So from me to you, you’re not alone. I love you, I see you, and I hear you.”

The 25-year-old continued, telling fans that mental health and chemical imbalance is not “linear,” comparing it to a roller coaster with “ups and downs” and “side to sides.”

These kids. 😢 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/09/bella-hadid-shares-selfies-of-her-crying-about-her-anxiety/

Snip from the article:

Bella Hadid revealed that she has cried almost “everyday” and “every night” for the past few years.

Posting several photos of herself in tears on Tuesday, the supermodel reminded her followers that social media is not real life. 

“For anyone struggling, please remember that. Sometimes all you’ve gotta hear is that you’re not alone,” she wrote in a lengthy caption. “So from me to you, you’re not alone. I love you, I see you, and I hear you.”

The 25-year-old continued, telling fans that mental health and chemical imbalance is not “linear,” comparing it to a roller coaster with “ups and downs” and “side to sides.”

These kids. 😢 

So sad. I hope the people in her life take her mental health seriously and don't dismiss it because of all she has. I've always liked Yo's kids. They might be my favorite adult kids in the franchise.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

So sad. I hope the people in her life take her mental health seriously and don't dismiss it because of all she has. I've always liked Yo's kids. They might be my favorite adult kids in the franchise.  

Do you watch Project Runway? Gigi was a guest judge last week, and she was really into it. Seemed nice enough. Yes — Yolanda’s kids seemed to be much better behaved and more genuine than Rinna’s. I remember them crying with Yo’s mom over Yo’s Lyme issues. I can’t imagine either girl disrespecting Yo the way Amelia often did to Harry and Lisa.

• Love 7
Just now, RoseAllDay said:

Do you watch Project Runway? Gigi was a guest judge last week, and she was really into it. Seemed nice enough. Yes — Yolanda’s kids seemed to be much better behaved and more genuine than Rinna’s. I remember them crying with Yo’s mom over Yo’s Lyme issues. I can’t imagine either girl disrespecting Yo the way Amelia often did to Harry and Lisa.

No! I need to add Project Runway to my recordings. Yeah, I can't see that either. They're beautiful kids but more importantly seem sweet too. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Exactly. Regardless of how you feel about Yolanda, her kids seem to genuinely love and respect her. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Exactly. Regardless of how you feel about Yolanda, her kids seem to genuinely love and respect her. 

Yes. Honestly, there is a lot I like about Yolanda, and the fact she raised sweet kids who are respectful is one of them. 

bella-and-gigi-hadid.jpg

• Love 7
On 11/10/2021 at 11:21 AM, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, given the letter that Yolanda wrote to Bella some years back, I'm not optimistic about her being supportive of any mental health issues Bella might have.  Hopefully the others in her life give her the support she needs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/11/2021 at 7:07 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Honestly, given the letter that Yolanda wrote to Bella some years back, I'm not optimistic about her being supportive of any mental health issues Bella might have.  Hopefully the others in her life give her the support she needs.

I had to google it. How the heck did such a personal letter get out? I didn't care for it either, but my own parents would have probably said worse if I just had a DUI tbh. 

I think Yolanda loves her kids even if I don't like some stuff she says either. If she really isn't someone the kids can rely on when they're struggling, hopefully other relatives are there and Bella's getting professional help.

• Love 2
On 10/31/2021 at 2:08 PM, LemonSoda said:

No, not at all. But the tone taken with LuckyLondon sounded a bit that way and we don’t know his/her/their life experience. 
I thought it was polite and positive of him/her/them to hold an empathetic opinion of a stranger.
Because really at the end of the day we only know what we read about any of these people.
Also as humans we’re more complex than the one dimensional spaces given by the media, books or even our representation of ourselves. 

But I truly do understand where you’re coming from. I had to turn off a podcast because they were talking about decriminalizing drugs, the crimes you commit while on drugs. I’m like uh I’m just not that woke yet! Sorry! I can’t see myself saying oh you poor dears! You were on drugs! I completely forgive you for terrorizing me at knifepoint. 
However not everyone has or carries these experiences so we can’t put that energy on to them. Our misfortune isn’t their luck. Sending you a lot of love. 

I think I was the person that referred to Zayn as maybe “appearing” to be a soulful creative type amongst a possible other list of reasons that he and Gigi found compatibility and attraction and dated. I also attempted to offer it as a possible alternative for why he was rude to fans and eschewed fan interaction, interviews and the spotlight as he may just be sensitive and more introverted or he may simply be an asshole drug addict. At that point, I was the only one mentioning that isn’t this dude a drug addict? Now, I don’t follow Zayn or One Direction, and I made that clear that my opinion was only gleaned from news that I came across or blind items. I said, Gigi can do better and she should… maybe the world is too loud for his anxiety or maybe he is an asshole. I never said any of it was ok. I made a leap with the soulful creative type because people wondered why she might be with him. Don’t young girls sometimes think tortured artists are deep? Sometimes it seems attractive and maybe he isn’t deep or maybe he is… I don’t want to be responsible for starting the drug narrative if it isn’t true and isn’t reported in the news or known by those who would know about him more than I would. I mentioned it as an alternative in a way to be fair because I don’t know what is true, in case he wasn’t a drug addict, yet also bringing up the drug use. To then accuse me of not understanding life enough to make comments on these people’s experiences is ridiculous @Never Again. You don’t know me and what I may or may not have been through. This board is for speculation about the events in the lives of the people on the cast of the RHOBH, not for speculation about the lives of each other. You have no idea what I know of. Thank you @LemonSoda for pointing this out. I appreciate it. I had a hell of a week and was turned off to responding. I’m tuned out now period. 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

I made a leap with the soulful creative type because people wondered why she might be with him. Don’t young girls sometimes think tortured artists are deep? Sometimes it seems attractive and maybe he isn’t deep or maybe he is… I don’t want to be responsible for starting the drug narrative if it isn’t true and isn’t reported in the news or known by those who would know about him more than I would. I mentioned it as an alternative in a way to be fair because I don’t know what is true, in case he wasn’t a drug addict, yet also bringing up the drug use. To then accuse me of not understanding life enough to make comments on these people’s experiences is ridiculous @Never Again. You don’t know me and what I may or may not have been through.

I suppose we both made leaps then. I’ll just say sorry for what I said and leave it at that 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Never Again said:

I suppose we both made leaps then. I’ll just say sorry for what I said and leave it at that 

Thank you. I’m sorry for the pain you have experienced and appreciate your perspective.

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 10

In reality Not-Gigi does not have Yolandas nose.  She has come out and said she got a nose job in her teens and wishes she hadn't done it.  She says she wishes she had kept the nose of her ancestors and thinks she would have grown into it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

In reality Not-Gigi does not have Yolandas nose.  She has come out and said she got a nose job in her teens and wishes she hadn't done it.  She says she wishes she had kept the nose of her ancestors and thinks she would have grown into it.

Bella is the one with nose job not Gigi.

• Useful 1
On 10/25/2022 at 1:44 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, you are absolutely wonderful to post this for us!!

You're welcome. 😊

I know we all like to post things we find, and this was the first time I saw a comment from Yolanda.

• Love 2

Not the biggest Mohamed fan to begin with. Men who only bother with very young women are rarely decent people. They’re normally misogynists who see women as objects. I never got why Kyle got so much flack for her friendship with Faye when no one cared Vanderpump was fiends with Mohamed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3