Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I would LOVE to get my hands on her medical records. Not the crap she has in her possession. I bet 10 dollars that there are some doctor's notes that give her a clean bill of health and question her visits?

I'd like to see the records from her 2 week stay at Cedars Sinai. That's quite a long in-patient stay when most hospitals agree "home is best".

I could swear she said that besides CFS the doctors said she had "viruses", plural. Anyone else remember that, or have I conflated the CS stay with her Belgium visit?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, glowlights said:

I'd like to see the records from her 2 week stay at Cedars Sinai. That's quite a long in-patient stay when most hospitals agree "home is best".

I could swear she said that besides CFS the doctors said she had "viruses", plural. Anyone else remember that, or have I conflated the CS stay with her Belgium visit?

I love Master Shake!   

• Love 2
(edited)

Cedars Sinai kept her for 2 weeks to do exhaustive testing because of Yo complaining of "brain inflammation" but their final discharge diagnosis was NOT meningitis or encephalitis but rather it was Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The "multiple" co-infections came from Dr. Klinghardt (main quack)--after Belgium which was after Cedars Sinai

Edited by Vicky8675309
added the last bit to help with the timeline
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Cedars Sinai kept her for 2 weeks to do exhaustive testing because of Yo complaining of "brain inflammation" but their final discharge diagnosis was NOT meningitis or encephalitis but rather it was Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The "multiple" co-infections came from Dr. Klinghardt (main quack)

That diagnosis screams, we find nothing wrong with you.  The long hospital stay screams the hospital wanted her money.  

• Love 12

Isn't Cedars the same hospital that kept Kim for 5, 7 or 9 days?  I question the two weeks maybe she was admitted on a Tuesday and discharged the following Monday. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

That diagnosis screams, we find nothing wrong with you.  The long hospital stay screams the hospital wanted her money.  

I wouldn't be surprised if she was also having some detox done. It sounds like she also gets migraines and has chronic back pain. If she is using pain killers more than 2 days a week (for her back pain or for any reason) then that can make migraines more frequent and escalate into chronic daily headaches or chronic migraines (15 of more headache/migraine days a month). Often what is then done is to start a preventive medication (like topamax or propranolol or even botox injections for migraine prevention AND break the headache cycle by giving something like dihydroergotamine every 8 hours for 3 days (migraine pain killer that often is used to break a headache cycle but you can't take it long term) AND stoping the use of all other pain medications (if one is taking pain killers for back pain then see if steroid injections and/or physical therapy can control the back pain so that one doesn't need oral pain killers). I wonder if they tried that with Yolanda during her hospital stay (and I wonder if chronic migraine was also on her discharge diagnoses list but she only mentioned the chronic fatigue syndrome----but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to disclose to the public her use of pain killers.

All of the above is just theory or speculation in regard to Yolanda

Remember, wasn't she the one on naloxone or naltrexone which is used in opiate dependence?

I can see why she relates to Kim!

edit: I now wonder if she is overusing pain medication and that may explain any cognitive impairment and constipation

Edited by Vicky8675309
expand my theory
  • Love 7

I had a friend (health fanatic), who claimed migraines.  They were just headaches.  I doubt she has back pain because she rarely talks about that and we KNOW she would!  

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I had a friend (health fanatic), who claimed migraines.  They were just headaches.  I doubt she has back pain because she rarely talks about that and we KNOW she would!  

Especially since she said she broke it giving birth to Anwar.

• Love 4

Cedars-Sinai is the 'money' hospital. It's where all the stars go for treatment in Lost Angeles. If you hear about some star going to the hospital, 9 times out of 10 it's C-S..

3 hours ago, glowlights said:

I think she may have had HUHA syndrome, too.

• Love 3

Migraines can also be triggered by menopause.  Yes, yes they can and some Hormone Replacement Therapy would help that.  I think you can get estrogen patches from a doctor; not sure where butt pallets come from, real or pretend doctors.

• Love 2
(edited)

When I turned 50 a pile of problems, including menopause, hit me all at once and it took several years for my doctor to peel apart all the layers and figure out what, if anything, was wrong.  (BTW my lifelong migraines vanished with menopause; go figure.)  I hoped for a diagnosis of simple, harmless stuff that could be treated easily.  No way would I want to be told that I had something so complicated, serious and life-threatening that it'd require flying around the world, filling removal, implant removal, a shedload of quackery and a fancy award.  It takes all kinds, I guess.

Something else that's been bugging me: I get that Yo is immensely proud of her kids - and why shouldn't she be? - but how many other models have their mommies show up to so many of their fashion shows?  Just me, but I find it weird. Once or twice, sure, but...  My mom was proud of me too but there's no way she'd want to show up at my workplace and gaze adoringly as I scribble equations on blackboards.

#NoParentsInvolved indeed.

Edited by DeepRed
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Before she got her Lyme diagnosis, she claimed to be consuming sheep placenta for her broken back the one sustained during childbirth.  She was above the others not drinking.  The conversation is often forgotten as it lead into the Adrienne conversation about having children.

45 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Cedars-Sinai is the 'money' hospital. It's where all the stars go for treatment in Lost Angeles. If you hear about some star going to the hospital, 9 times out of 10 it's C-S..

I think she may have had HUHA syndrome, too.

in Belgium, long after her visit they decided she had Lyme and many co-infections including Q fever from making out with a calf when she was 12 years old.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, izabella said:

Migraines can also be triggered by menopause.  Yes, yes they can and some Hormone Replacement Therapy would help that.  I think you can get estrogen patches from a doctor; not sure where butt pallets come from, real or pretend doctors.

They can worsen during the perimenopausal period but often go away once one is firmly in menopause (not everyone but in a statistically significant proportion of patients).

• Love 3

Thanks, I had forgotten about the calf kiss!!!

3 minutes ago, homeperm said:

Can anyone explain the two foot long parasites? The only thing I can find are Guinea worms and tape worms, and neither come out via colonic as Yolanda mentioned.

Yes.  There is a link in her thread that explains that people who do cleanses often have stringy matter which is from the actual substance they drank.  They look like a parasite and the alternate health people call them parasites.  A byproduct of some cleanses. 

• Love 7
(edited)
24 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Thanks, I had forgotten about the calf kiss!!!

Yes.  There is a link in her thread that explains that people who do cleanses often have stringy matter which is from the actual substance they drank.  They look like a parasite and the alternate health people call them parasites.  A byproduct of some cleanses. 

We are back to the middle ages with the evil humors corrupting the body...lol

I guess leeches and bloodletting is next (edited: apparently I don't know what leeches are used for)

Edited by Vicky8675309
being an idiot;-)
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, DeepRed said:

When I turned 50 a pile of problems, including menopause, hit me all at once and it took several years for my doctor to peel apart all the layers and figure out what, if anything, was wrong.  (BTW my lifelong migraines vanished with menopause; go figure.)  I hoped for a diagnosis of simple, harmless stuff that could be treated easily.  No way would I want to be told that I had something so complicated, serious and life-threatening that it'd require flying around the world, filling removal, implant removal, a shedload of quackery and a fancy award.  It takes all kinds, I guess.

Something else that's been bugging me: I get that Yo is immensely proud of her kids - and why shouldn't she be? - but how many other models have their mommies show up to so many of their fashion shows?  Just me, but I find it weird. Once or twice, sure, but...  My mom was proud of me too but there's no way she'd want to show up at my workplace and gaze adoringly as I scribble equations on blackboards.

#NoParentsInvolved indeed.

When my GF hit menopause - she had a hysterectomy at a fairly young age - it was bad.

Hot flashes, headaches and allergies to the red dye in meds and the elastic in her underwear. The worst was the red dye allergy and sleeping with the bedroom window open in 40 degree weather.

Us guy have it easier. Our sack droops and we have to start planning for an erection a week before anything happens.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I guess leeches and bloodletting is next (yes, I know that leeches are used on necrotic tissue)

Actually, maggots are used most often with necrotic tissue and leeches are used to increase blood flow when reattaching limbs/digits/severed body parts. It was part of my old Hospital Pharmacy Tech job to teach the Dr.'s and nurses how to use and dispose of them properly, maggots were kept in the animal research department. I was also in charge of ordering them and caring for them. LOL

• Love 9
Just now, WireWrap said:

Actually, maggots are used most often with necrotic tissue and leeches are used to increase blood flow when reattaching limbs/digits/severed body parts. It was part of my old Hospital Pharmacy Tech job to teach the Dr.'s and nurses how to use and dispose of them properly, maggots were kept in the animal research department. I was also in charge of ordering them and caring for them. LOL

true and I stand corrected;-)

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I guess leeches and bloodletting is next (edited: apparently I don't know what leeches are used for)

No, you are right about why/how they were used in the middle ages. LOL

• Love 3

"Alls I know" is that I'm really glad I come from a culture where the go-to product for curing whatever ails you from a toothache to cancer is a shot of slivovica, preferably from the still out back.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, homeperm said:

I realize that this from an unreliable, fringe group called the Centers for Disease Control, but for what it's worth-

http://www.senseaboutscience.org/data/files/resources/16/IDontKnowWhatToBelieve_web2011.pdf

I used to work in the managing editor's office of a cardiology journal, and that fringe CDC group got it right.  My job actually was to physically mail out the research papers to other scientists for their review, chase those reviewers to get the reviewed manuscripts back, and then reject, return for revision, or accept for publication.  No bs involved, just experts reviewing the work of others based on the methods and data they used.  That was back in the stone ages, though.  I'm sure it's all electronic these days!

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6
On April 28, 2016 at 1:16 PM, ryebread said:

Well, that's not exactly what she said. And FWIW, she said that 12 hours ago. The reunion was filmed almost 2 months ago.  Maybe she had a set back between then and now.  And she didn't tell us about it.  Imagine that.  She didn't tell us/show us every detail of what's going on with her!  We should be mad. And what is this Joga that she's talking about.  No pictures? 

Now some a-hole on her feed is saying:

LOLOL.  First of all, ya nitwit, Yolanda said she had muscle weakness, not loss of muscle tone.  There's a difference.  If your only form of exercise wasn't lifting  your laptop cover, you'd know that.  And I like how she says Yo's lost 'NO' muscle tone.  She's seen it with her own eyes! LOL.  Unless she's a physical therapist who has laid her hands on Yo, how would she know that.  Donna, your nastiness and stupidity is showing.

Yolanda was posting pictures of herself at the gym working out 3weeks after her implants were removed.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Yolanda was posting pictures of herself at the gym working out 3weeks after her implants were removed.

Unless she was bench pressing or otherwise working her arms and pecs or abs, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  What did the pictures show her doing?

2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Unless she was bench pressing or otherwise working her arms and pecs or abs, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  What did the pictures show her doing?

Nevermind.  Found it.  She was walking.  From the way the internet blew up over her going to the gym, I at least expected jumping jacks.  Were there other pictures showing her actually doing something?

yolanda-foster-435.jpg

57 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Nevermind.  Found it.  She was walking.  From the way the internet blew up over her going to the gym, I at least expected jumping jacks.  Were there other pictures showing her actually doing something?

yolanda-foster-435.jpg

The Internet blew up because she said at the soul cycle event she hadn't been to the gym in three years, which judging from the picture isn't true. When you have to have footnotes on social media post  explaining what you really meant, it's a problem.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

The Internet blew up because she said at the soul cycle event she hadn't been to the gym in three years, which judging from the picture isn't true. When you have to have footnotes on social media post  explaining what you really meant, it's a problem.

Choos are going to be is sorry when I dooz a tri-ass-alon, choos no? Da run an swimming and da ride on da cy-cul all in da same day.

8 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

Choos are going to be is sorry when I dooz a tri-ass-alon, choos no? Da run an swimming and da ride on da cy-cul all in da same day.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

I didn't see that episode.  That said, unless there's a timeline, I can't keep straight when she went to Soul Cycle in relation to when she went to the gym or when she had her implants removed.

Someone upthread said that it doesn't matter what she says anymore because if she lied or exaggerated once, that's all it takes. And I understand that.  But that's also the way I feel when I hear something about her.  Is it real or is it sarcasm or is it hyperbole or is it complete bullshit? 

Because there's been so much said about her that is not based in fact that most of the rest of it falls into that category for me, too.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I didn't see that episode.  That said, unless there's a timeline, I can't keep straight when she went to Soul Cycle in relation to when she went to the gym or when she had her implants removed.

Someone upthread said that it doesn't matter what she says anymore because if she lied or exaggerated once, that's all it takes. And I understand that.  But that's also the way I feel when I hear something about her.  Is it real or is it sarcasm or is it hyperbole or is it complete bullshit? 

Because there's been so much said about her that is not based in fact that most of the rest of it falls into that category for me, too.

She had her implants removed in early August, went to the gym three weeks later, Soul Cycle occurred in late September.

Yolanda has also said she has been doing modified Pilates throughout her illness. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

She had her implants removed in early August, went to the gym three weeks later, Soul Cycle occurred in late September.

Yolanda has also said she has been doing modified Pilates throughout her illness. 

Modified Pilates is actually an excellent exercise for someone in her 'condition'.  Unless her legs were broken, she can still stretch.  PIlates, especially if it was modified is one of the gentlest forms of exercise there is.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

in Belgium, long after her visit they decided she had Lyme and many co-infections including Q fever from making out with a calf when she was 12 years old.

That's interesting. About ten years ago I went to a holistic seminar and one of the participants had just bought a machine that "read" all the viruses, buggies, germs, parasites, etc. that have crossed your path. It was sort of like a lie detector. It read energies or something. Anyway I let her do a work-up and I oddly had so many of the things on the list but felt just fine. The machine came from I think Germany so calf Q fever was probably on the list. Weird stuff. Yo would love it. 

Edited by Almost 3000
wrong word
  • Love 4
On 1 May 2016 at 7:41 PM, cooksdelight said:

3? Kate Moss is slipping. 

Kate Moss has apparently has 109 Vogue covers. Gisele Bündchen has 133. 

Naomi Campbell has 71, and the poor man's Naomi Campbell, Tyra Banks, has 1. 

• Love 1

GAH. I tried doing the multi-quote thing and the system booted me, so alls I wanted to say is:

1) I learned from watching the People's Couch that Cedars Sinai has the hottest doctors! Two weeks? Sign me up.

2) Referring to a byproduct of a laxative cleanse as a "parasite" when it is NOT A PARASITE is just fucking awful. It must freak out a lot of otherwise healthy patients who just need to lay off the harsh cleanses and eat a well-rounded diet already. And just take some evil toxic safe, effective Miralax for those occasional days of constipation. This is what causes me to doubt her damaged left frontal lobe diagnosis. Was it really a paralyzed brain or is it more along the lines of a parasite that is not a parasite?

• Love 6

A bit of randomness and I don't quite know where to post it, but as I was watching Rich Kids of Beverly Hills the new girl Bianca told Dorothy that she needed to David Foster her new boyfriend.  When Dorothy asked what "David Fostering" meant, Bianca said it means to leave at an inappropriate time.

• Love 8
(edited)
55 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

A bit of randomness and I don't quite know where to post it, but as I was watching Rich Kids of Beverly Hills the new girl Bianca told Dorothy that she needed to David Foster her new boyfriend.  When Dorothy asked what "David Fostering" meant, Bianca said it means to leave at an inappropriate time.

Well, Nothing says cool like having your name become a verb in the lexicon of the young, stupid and immoral. I watched some of that program the other day and those creatures are the effing ugly -not in face, but in soul - people Southern Cal/Los Angeles. I am past the point of being angry that most people believe the inhabitants from the area are either housewives, stars, rich or fuck-up surfers, gangstas or douche-y celebs. Matter of fact, it's fun to see people visit the area and see what it's really like......

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Why does she insist on wearing those mico ponytails?   I thought the whole point of going with short hair was for the ease.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3570152/Supportive-mom-Yolanda-Hadid-helps-daughter-Gigi-items-apartment-young-model-prepares-Met-Gala.html

Didn't Gigi just move?  I could have sworn she bought a second apartment last year.  She must be doing really well to keep moving.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Well, Nothing says cool like having your name become a verb in the lexicon of the young, stupid and immoral. I watched some of that program the other day and those creatures are the effing ugly -not in face, but in soul - people Southern Cal/Los Angeles. I am past the point of being angry that most people believe the inhabitants from the area are either housewives, stars, rich or fuck-up surfers, gangstas or douche-y celebs. Matter of fact, it's fun to see people visit the area and see what it's really like......

I have to ask, what does ElDosEquising mean? 

Edited by homeperm
correcting made up spelling
3 hours ago, ingenting said:

Daily Mail stories are kind of bullshit based 95% on a description of a celebrity walking down the street. 

Yes, and they always have a "toned tum" or "pert bottom."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, homeperm said:

I have to ask, what does ElDosEquising mean? 

In Spanish it means "the two exes".  I think the photo is one of the "most interesting man in the world" from the Dos Equis commercials.  One of y favorite commercials of all time. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Why does she insist on wearing those mico ponytails?   I thought the whole point of going with short hair was for the ease.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3570152/Supportive-mom-Yolanda-Hadid-helps-daughter-Gigi-items-apartment-young-model-prepares-Met-Gala.html

I think she has one of those cuts where there are longer pieces in the front, and sometimes it can be hard to get the pieces to cooperate, especially if you're trying to grow it out and/or are used to having long hair that you can just pull back when you can't be arsed to style it.

There. Choo guys can't say I've never taken up for Yolanda!

• Love 2
On April 28, 2016 at 9:12 AM, ElDosEquis said:

the yo/Erica Joon dynamic is only one of convenience, free airplane trips. I can bet you dollars to doughnuts that yo won't be as 'mobile' now that she is divorced? No one to finance her 'journeys' and hold her hand while she gets her injection of monkeyballs and porcupine penis?

Again, NO ONE challenged her about her wacko freezing/lemon/home IV regimes and for that? I am truly disappointed.

NeIther of them will be as mobile when the cameras are off since that plane belongs to Eriks's husband, likely to his law practice.  His partners won't allow him to use the plane for private purposes without reimbursement, and since we know these 2 aren't really friends, there is no reason to spend the cash if the cameras aren't rolling.

i did think it was interesting that Erika finally admitted the plane isn't hers and she rarely was able to use it.  Even for his firm to own it is just showing off, it is highly unlikely it gets used enough to be cost effective.

• Love 4