Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

How hard is it to have hair extensions tightened? I'm honestly asking, because I feel like you can always see the tracks of her hair extensions and it bugs me since she's so focused on appearance all the time, I mean she wouldn't even let her daughter eat a bit of her own graduation cake.

• Love 2

I was thinking back over Yolanda today as much as we know her, and I was having fun getting to know her (as much as she has allowed us to).  She's had quite a rise in life, starting out as a farm girl in Holland and winding up as  the wife of a noted composer.  It's this rise that fascinates me 

I'm thinking, specifically, about Yo's dinner parties and her focus on good manners, and IMHO, it's her years of marriage to Mohammed that may have formed her into what she is today.  Being married to him, with his emphasis on civility and good manners, could have made her extra concerned on correctness and good etiquette.

Yo's life reminds me of Professor Higgins and Liza Doolittle in "My Fair Lady."  Liza was trained to be the perfect wife in high society, just as Yolanda was trained by Mohammed.  Well, it's worth thinking about!  :)

• Love 3

I liked our little Dutch lady at first, but not her behaviour this season. Even at the reunion, she had her back turned to Joyce and was sitting so far forward on the sofa, she was blocking Joyce's view. It was rude.

I'm still wondering about that time Yolanda went to Mohammed's for breakfast. She puts a single crumb in her mouth, and makes exaggerated chewing motions for a long time. It was so weird as if she no longer has a relationship with solid food at all.

• Love 3

Yolanda is my second favorite housewife because of her snarkability (she is second only to LuAnn from RHoNYC for me).

She had me from her first dinner at her home, where she shushed the women and told them to just sit and listen, had them look absolutely ridiculous with the drunken congo line, and then unceremoniously threw them out immediately after the last chord sounded from the piano.  "That's all, we have fed you and entertained you, now you must go and we go to bed" as she clapped her hands.  Yeah, way to get rid of those drunken shrews before the chucklefucks start fighting with each other.

Gigi has been dating Justin Bieber.

It would be better than 10 hugs from baby jesus to see Our Lady of the Lemons grab that little twat in a choke hold like she did the self-defense instructor.

I'd pay to watch that shit.  

• Love 12
(edited)

The visual of Yo getting Bieber in a chokehold makes my day!  Thanks, Persnickety!   I say Gigi knows exactly what she's doing, and so does Yo.  Being seen with that little creep is good publicity.  What would really give Gigi (and the show) some attention would be Gigi producing the first ever  Baby Bieber!  GO GIGI!!!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2

Don't forget how Yolanda fought off the gun-wielding man who broke into her home as she was holding her infant daughter. She was naked, but she fought him off apparently. She probably scared the hell out of him with her nakedness.

Imagine the hilarity and the fighting if Roseanne Barr became one of the new HWs!  Why, she'd have cut Gigi a giant square of her own birthday cake and jammed it down Gigi's throat -- to Gigi's delight!   Yo would have had a stroke!  I think Roseanne could cause enough trouble and enough laughter to keep fans watching for the next ten years!

• Love 4
(edited)

How hard is it to have hair extensions tightened? I'm honestly asking, because I feel like you can always see the tracks of her hair extensions and it bugs me since she's so focused on appearance all the time, I mean she wouldn't even let her daughter eat a bit of her own graduation cake.

Do you think maybe its more of a thin hair issue (not having enough natural hair to cover the tracks) or a tightening issue?  Either way this irritates me to no end as well!  Yolanda, my love, you have money to hire a competent hair stylist - figure it the heck out already!

Edited by beesknees

I think it's tightening, because it looks like they're lower than they should be right? I honestly don't know, her tracks are the only ones I've seen so clearly! It's terrible. Just cut your hair or something Yo! You're a pretty lady! :)

I think Yo's thin hair could be caused by a number of issues, but I would think that the constant bleaching couldn't be doing her hair any favors.   In addition, chemicals from medications are often the root of the problem (no pun intended).  And finally, stress can play a big role in hair loss, and the way this show is going, the RHOBH is one big cauldron of constant stress. The show should be called The Frantic Housewives of Valium City.  I'm glad that I don't live in their world!

And what title would that be?  As soon as she moves, she'll have to give up her title as Lemon Queen.  Maybe she has another title that I don't know about?

Whe she thanked him PROFUSLEY for taking time to go the doctor with her, my eyes nearly rolled 

from my head.  Then out the door.

Ummmmmmmmmmm Yolanda, King David is supposed to do that.

"In sickness and In health"

• Love 3
(edited)

Me, too, cooksdelight.  What I'm really anxious to see is what house Yo considers "downsizing."   I personally don't think that Yo wants a smaller house.  She needs lots of room when her family visits.  I think the truth is more like she's sick of those lemon trees.

Edited by Lura

I can't help but wonder if they are selling the house due to money issues.  As soon as Gigi turned 18 and left the nest, the house went on the market.  Significant drop in income for Yolanda.  Coincidence?  Not too sure about that.

They're asking around $27.5 million, and I think Yolanda might have been getting something along the lines of $30-50,000 per month, per child. They aren't hurting for money, I don't think. David's royalties alone would keep her in Chanel for a very long time.

Yolanda wants less space to have to take care of, is her reasoning. I think David doesn't care one way or the other.

• Love 1

I noticed that TMZ ran a story saying that Mohammed's fiancé is the current front runner to be a new HW.  The story, naturally, quoted "a source," which could be anybody.

Lisa and Mohammed have tweeted several times in the last few weeks that they have had dinner together, so I wonder if Shiva or whatever her name is may end up being a "friend of?"  I don't know if cameras have been there, but leave it to Lisa to have Yo's ex over to film with.

(edited)

Whe she thanked him PROFUSLEY for taking time to go the doctor with her, my eyes nearly rolled 

from my head.  Then out the door.

Ummmmmmmmmmm Yolanda, King David is supposed to do that.

"In sickness and In health"

This.  Oh, and MsRafaelBarba not only did your eyes roll down the street, they rolled half way across the country and landed in WI at my doorstep.  I gave your eyes a rest, a glass of lemonade and fed-exed back to you just in time so you can pop them back in your head to view the new season.

I also read on TMZ? that Drake rented out Mohamed's mansion for a big LA party

Imagine the hilarity and the fighting if Roseanne Barr became one of the new HWs!  Why, she'd have cut Gigi a giant square of her own birthday cake and jammed it down Gigi's throat -- to Gigi's delight!   Yo would have had a stroke!  I think Roseanne could cause enough trouble and enough laughter to keep fans watching for the next ten years!

Roseanne Barr lost a logt of weight recently.  I saw her on a TV commercial for one of those competition shows and her make up looked really great.  Dare I say she looked pretty?  Roseanne could go on the RHOBH now.  I would love to see her on there.  Seriously.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 3

Roseanne could go on the RHOBH now.  I would love to see her on there.  Seriously.

Holy cow! The ratings would be through the roof! Can't you just see her at one of Yo and David's dinner parties where he's playing and she tries to sing along? Bwahahahaha!!!!

• Love 3

Anyone who has driven from Beverly Hills to Malibu during rush hour knows that David speaks the truth.  Driving Malibu to Beverly Hills (opposite direction) is just as bad.  It's hard to believe that David has put up with a commute like that for as long as he has.  Lots of very wealthy show business people live in the area David is talking about, and some of the homes are beautiful.  If he wants a view of the city, he's probably going to move up in the hills somewhere.

As of a few years ago, the latest trend is to buy an older home in BH, tear it down, and build a modern, new home in its place.  That could be one of their options, too.  I can't imagine that money is an issue because of all the royalties he pulls in from his music.  He could probably live very well on those royalties alone, and Yo could buy the French shoes she likes without making a dent in their overall worth.

Lisa and Mohammed have tweeted several times in the last few weeks that they have had dinner together, so I wonder if Shiva or whatever her name is may end up being a "friend of?"  I don't know if cameras have been there, but leave it to Lisa to have Yo's ex over to film with.

Didn't Lisa also recently film with Yolanda? I can't figure out if Lisa picked Mohammed in the divorce or if they were friends before Mohammed and Yolanda married.

It looks like YoLemons daughter, Bella was arrested for DUI. She blew through a stop sign and almost hit a cop. She's 17.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2701613/Yolanda-Fosters-daughter-Bella-Hadid-17-arrested-DUI-nearly-crashing-Sheriffs-patrol-car.html

A law enforcement source told the gossip website that the deputy smelled the odour of alcohol emanating from the vehicle.

Bella was promptly given a test where she reportedly blew a .14 - nearly twice the legal limit.

Maybe Brandi can be her Godmother and mentor?

• Love 2

Driving with a suspended license? How do a 17 year old's parents not know their child is driving on a suspended license? They didn't notice a car missing from the driveway? It wasn't an afternoon drive to the mall. It was 4am. Maybe she snuck out.

Maybe she was on her mom's almond and lemon diet so the effects of the alcohol were intensified.

• Love 2

Bella has long looked like the child who was ignored, judging from her facial expressions. She's the second daughter, middle child, oldest sister is a successful model. Parents are too busy. I've seen it too many times.

• Love 2

I honestly had to stop and think who Bella was.  Yes, I quite agree that her mother treats her like the shadow daughter.  Yo pays so much attention to Gigi and her precious career that it seems easy to ignore Bella.  This episode might have been a cry for attention.  Bella could have been thinking that if Gigi could get so much attention for being the Girl Scout, Bella could show her parents how she could get her own kind of attention! 

There was a scene, toward the end of the season, with Yo, Gigi and Bella in one of the bedrooms, I think.  Yo was doing most of her talking to Gigi and mostly looking at Gigi, while Bella stood quietly in the background for the most part.  I wanted to tap on the TV screen, look at Yolanda, and give her the eye. indicating that Bella was also in the room!  It made me angry seeing Bella so ignored.

• Love 1

Oh, that's sad.  Bella was my favorite Hadid kid.  And, the most beautiful, imho.  But drunk driving?  So fucking stupid.

I think Yoyo is a good mudder.  I hope she takes this cry for help seriously and removes her head from Gigi's butt to spend more time with Bella.

Many months ago I was semi-obsessed with Mohammed and his fiancé Shiva's instagram.  The trips and gifts! Clothes and cars!  And food! Sign Mohammed and Shiva up, Andy.  STAT!  It seemed to me that Bella was ALWAYS with them and Gigi not so much.  Not a ton of pics of Bella on Yolanda's twitter - even at family functions.  Last season there was a scene with Yo in the bathroom trying to fix a zit with Visine that made me think that Bella didn't think David was the greatest thing that ever happened to them as her mother was insisting. Bella seemed sad and kid of wistful.  If she's rebelling against the King, I can see how that would totally piss Yolanda off.

• Love 1

And David was the one who picked Bella up from the police station. Not her mother. That says a lot, to me.

I just read that Yo was out of town (in Turkey) and that is why King David picked her up. She returned earlier today. When the cat's away, the mouse will play.

• Love 1

Ryebread, Mohammed just tweeted a photo from the "Med" that he is yachting with Anwar, Shiva and another Hadid - not Bella or Gigi - it was a name I didn't recognize.  I am ready to sleep with Mohammed for the perks.

• Love 6