Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

What was the false accusation that Yoyo put on Ken?  That he shoved her when he merely put his hand on her shoulder? 

I see all of these particular Housewives as liars when it suits them.  Perhaps Kyle is in some ways an exception.  I certainly don't expect Lisa to forgive Yolanda, but Ken is IMO ridiculous with how eager he is to get into the fray with the Housewives bullshit, and when these always-stupid arguments get going, people seem to see red and exaggerate all over the damned place.  But I digress - what exactly did Yoyo say about Ken?

• Love 1

Are Yolanda and Erika really friends, though?  I thought it came out that Yo's never been to one of her shows (which a real friend would have done), and it seemed like they were openly casual acquaintances who hung out together when their husbands did.  

Speaking of that- on WWHL they said they'd known each other for 10 years, having met through their husbands, right?  Does that mean it was Yo/Mohammed who knew Erika and the lawyer?  

Point is, even on the show I thought they were pretty open about not being close, mostly.

• Love 3

I think when YO knew she was "sick", and wouldn't be able to film as much, she was quick to suggest Erika - an acquaintance at best.  Even if they have known each other for 10 years, which I doubt, I don't think it was any more than a dinner maybe once a year, due to some sort of business.   But, how convenient to have somebody to watch out for her, be there for her, in addition to having access to a private plane she was willing to share.  

Not only was Erika sympathetic to YO's various medical complaints, but apparently she was the only one Yo confided in regarding her marriage.    Of course, sworn to secrecy, were her sympathies more to do with a crumbling marriage, or the endless strange treatments.   Either way she was a good friend to her, but I wonder if both come back next year, if Erika will continue to be the unquestioning friend.

What was the false accusation that Yoyo put on Ken?  That he shoved her when he merely put his hand on her shoulder? 

I see all of these particular Housewives as liars when it suits them.  Perhaps Kyle is in some ways an exception.  I certainly don't expect Lisa to forgive Yolanda, but Ken is IMO ridiculous with how eager he is to get into the fray with the Housewives bullshit, and when these always-stupid arguments get going, people seem to see red and exaggerate all over the damned place.  But I digress - what exactly did Yoyo say about Ken?

She accused Ken of grabbing her arm, she accused him of "assaulting" her (her words!) and he did not touch her in any way. Even when the video was shown at the reunion, she refused to admit she lied and stood by her accusation of Ken "manhandling" her. Ken did not touch her in any way, shape or form.

• Love 6

She accused Ken of grabbing her arm, she accused him of "assaulting" her (her words!) and he did not touch her in any way. Even when the video was shown at the reunion, she refused to admit she lied and stood by her accusation of Ken "manhandling" her. Ken did not touch her in any way, shape or form.

He did touch her, and doing so while having an argument with her was never going to be received positively.
  • Love 2

I mean, like so many things on this show, she exaggerated and overreacted, but yeah, he did touch her during an argument, so that was clearly not gonna end well...

Edited by KFC
  • Love 1

I think when YO knew she was "sick", and wouldn't be able to film as much, she was quick to suggest Erika - an acquaintance at best.  Even if they have known each other for 10 years, which I doubt, I don't think it was any more than a dinner maybe once a year, due to some sort of business.   But, how convenient to have somebody to watch out for her, be there for her, in addition to having access to a private plane she was willing to share.  

Not only was Erika sympathetic to YO's various medical complaints, but apparently she was the only one Yo confided in regarding her marriage.    Of course, sworn to secrecy, were her sympathies more to do with a crumbling marriage, or the endless strange treatments.   Either way she was a good friend to her, but I wonder if both come back next year, if Erika will continue to be the unquestioning friend.

I doubt she confided in .erika during the season. They wanted an additional scene to address the divorce and Erika was the obvious choice.

• Love 1

I doubt she confided in .erika during the season. They wanted an additional scene to address the divorce and Erika was the obvious choice.

Last night on WWHL Andy asked her why she didn't confide in the women, and she said Erika was the only one who knew.

• Love 1

He did touch her, and doing so while having an argument with her was never going to be received positively.

Please go back and re-watch that scene. Yolanda actually strikes Ken's hand, he never touched her, she touched him and he certainly never grabbed her, assaulted her or manhandled her at all, like she claims he did. Now, he did call her "stupid" for the second time and sorry, not sorry, he was correct, although impolite, both times.

ETA, Even Brandi, who hated LisaV, agreed that Ken did not touch Yolanda, in fact, none of the women agreed with Yolanda about this at that reunion, none of them.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11

Please go back and re-watch that scene. Yolanda actually strikes Ken's hand, he never touched her, she touched him and he certainly never grabbed her, assaulted her or manhandled her at all, like she claims he did. Now, he did call her "stupid" for the second time and sorry, not sorry, he was correct, although impolite, both times.

ETA, Even Brandi, who hated LisaV, agreed that Ken did not touch Yolanda, in fact, none of the women agreed with Yolanda about this at that reunion, none of them.

I did watch the scene. When I'm giving an opinion on a scene, I've watched it.

25z036t.png

dola29.png

120mtso.png

Ken didn't deny touching her either.

Have Ken's bitchy contributions ever defused a situation?

Edited by Kokapetl

I did watch the scene. When I'm giving an opinion on a scene, I've watched it.

25z036t.png

dola29.png

120mtso.png

Ken didn't deny touching her either.

Have Ken's bitchy contributions ever defused a situation?

Ken was reaching out to touch Yolanda's arm when Yolanda swatted his hand away. Ken did not touch Yolanda first and he certainly did not grab her arm as she claimed her did.

• Love 2

I watched, hoping that somehow she'd be asked about the comparisons she made between her situation and the early days of AIDS. Maybe I'm holding onto something I shouldn't, but I can't really tolerate her until that's addressed. She's just the worst, imho,and I want her to fade into a part of fame I never encounter.

Back in the early days of AIDS, people affected with the disease were admitted under the term FUO - fever of unknown origin.

No one even knew what was going on and it wasn't until it turned into a full blown epidemic that people began to pay attention to what was going on.

I saw two people I worked with slowly waste away from the disease. To sit down and make a comparison to what ever make believe illness yoyo has is really a stretch and it pisses the fuck out of me, too. Yoyo is a fucking stupid, lying, attention seeking POS that I hope, when she really get sick from something, people will laugh at think, 'what does she have today?'

Zika virus is coming and she'll make a connection with her kookiness in a few months.

• Love 9

Here's the thing with Yolanda's physician in Washington state. As long as he doesn't bill government funded payment systems such as Medicare or Medicaid, he's probably okay. If he's billing them and/or private insurance for unrecognized diagnoses and treatments he can lose his license to practice and might go to jail.

He's probably gotten a pass because no one has gone after him or done a whistleblower action. The FDA will absolutely go after people representing treatments as being curative if they are not. During the 90's and 00's I know of several cases where doctors lost licenses and had to serve jail terms for padding bills. The Whistleblowers are also given a substantial reward for helping the government out.

Washington state is large and probably has a difficult time drawing physicians to their area. States in these situations tend to be more liberal in their requirements to practice and are less intrusive when a doctor applies for a license (days to get one vs weeks to months).

This information is from some of my own experiences and you welcome to ignore it.

• Love 4

Washington state is large and probably has a difficult time drawing physicians to their area. States in these situations tend to be more liberal in their requirements to practice and are less intrusive when a doctor applies for a license (days to get one vs weeks to months).

Due to a variety of factors Washington state doesn't have a problem attracting doctors, it doesn't have as many per capita as Massachusetts (#1) but it has more per capita than California and a majority of states.

Yo just went doctor shopping and found one that agreed with her. All states have quacks who are still licencesed.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

Ken was reaching out to touch Yolanda's arm when Yolanda swatted his hand away. Ken did not touch Yolanda first and he certainly did not grab her arm as she claimed her did.

Ken didn't deny touching her, did he? I sure if he didn't touch her, he'd have responded with "I didn't touch you", instead of calling her stupid several times.
  • Love 4

Did he accuse her of having Münchausen?

No, he didn't. No one accused anyone of having Manchausen. Someone did accuse someone else of assault when the reality is at the very best, there was light contact of a completely harmless nature. Your comments on the matter seem a bit disingenuous based purely on semantics. He barely touched her and it was a gentle hand on her arm, she was the one that reacted more aggressively by swatting him away. In the moment she was angry and she reacted to him touching her even though it wasn't malicious at all. Fiar enough. To say after the fact that he 'assaulted' her and refused to revoke that statement, that isn't rationale on any level and is only further evidence of her tendency to exaggerate. It's pretty deplorable to take such a small thing and say something that is degrading and damaging to someone's character. Luckily for Ken the cameras were rolling and everyone else could witness her stupidity on the matter.

• Love 14

No, he didn't. No one accused anyone of having Manchausen. Someone did accuse someone else of assault when the reality is at the very best, there was light contact of a completely harmless nature. Your comments on the matter seem a bit disingenuous based purely on semantics. He barely touched her and it was a gentle hand on her arm, she was the one that reacted more aggressively by swatting him away. In the moment she was angry and she reacted to him touching her even though it wasn't malicious at all. Fiar enough. To say after the fact that he 'assaulted' her and refused to revoke that statement, that isn't rationale on any level and is only further evidence of her tendency to exaggerate. It's pretty deplorable to take such a small thing and say something that is degrading and damaging to someone's character. Luckily for Ken the cameras were rolling and everyone else could witness her stupidity on the matter.

If Ken did not appoint himself as the defender of the damsels in distress in this franchise (remember Brandi), his aggressive behaviors toward female cast members might have been more accepted, IMO.

His behaviors toward Yolanda and his rhetoric against Lisar is unacceptable.

While he truly is Lisa's "protector" and main cheer leader, he needs to tone down his language which is absolutely vile, sexist and hurtful.

Yes, Rinna is out there however there is something truly unappealing about calling women wanker.

Dude needs to get with the program, it is 2016 not 1966. He is not hanging out with Mick but he is on Bravo on a channel which caters mainly to women.

I hope that he will for the sake of Lisa, change his sexist and outdated language and modernize his attitude.

Overall, Ken is a person which work ethics and family values I admire and him being old does not give him the right to be a jerk, he can do better or at least shut the fuck up.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 5

The word is wanker, and Ken and Lisa are huge wankers. Their ostentatious house with glass bridge over a swan lake, the rhinestone clad barely alive rat dog that Lisa calls sexy, Lisa's blog posts with her weird affectations, the "tea drinking english lady" act. That's all incredibly wanky.

• Love 6

The word is wanker, and Ken and Lisa are huge wankers. Their ostentatious house with glass bridge over a swan lake, the rhinestone clad barely alive rat dog that Lisa calls sexy, Lisa's blog posts with her weird affectations, the "tea drinking english lady" act. That's all incredibly wanky.

Wanker, wonker.Lol

• Love 2

If Ken did not appoint himself as the defender of the damsels in distress in this franchise (remember Brandi), his aggressive behaviors toward female cast members might have been more accepted, IMO.

His behaviors toward Yolanda and his rhetoric against Lisar is unacceptable.

While he truly is Lisa's "protector" and main cheer leader, he needs to tone down his language which is absolutely vile, sexist and hurtful.

Yes, Rinna is out there however there is something truly unappealing about calling women wanker.

Dude needs to get with the program, it is 2016 not 1966. He is not hanging out with Mick but he is on Bravo on a channel which caters mainly to women.

I hope that he will for the sake of Lisa, change his sexist and outdated language and modernize his attitude.

Overall, Ken is a person which work ethics and family values I admire and him being old does not give him the right to be a jerk, he can do better or at least shut the fuck up.

I'm not defending his behavior. The words and anger used in the defense of his wife is completely unnecessary. However, no way does it justify Yolanda's accusation against him during that incident.

I'm not interested in making it a gender thing. He's not targeting women to argue with - he is consistent with directing his anger toward women who have gone after his wife. That doesn't make him sexist and he doesn't really say anything that's really demeaning about women in general. He's just flat out rude and I think that anger would be similarly directed to a man under the same circumstances. At The fact that his dealings are with women is likely due to the circumstances of interacting with an all female cast. I just don't think the dealings on the show are enough to label him sexist.

It's a lot more common for women to speak up when it's a man using foul language against a woman but not the other way around. This is just generally speaking because I can't recall a case specific to Ken where the women have addressed him in any manner that would make his angered words in any way understandable. But I have seen it in other shows where a woman will call a man all sorts of names and when he throws out insults, he becomes vile and disgusting. This issue shouldn't be about how Ken speaks to a woman, it should be how Ken to speaks to a person. It shouldn't be condoned or seen as acceptable regardless of the gender of the speaker or the gender of the recipient of their angry words.

• Love 5

^^

His choice of language is sexist thus it is not a stretch to say that ken shows sexist attitudes.

It is at the minimum old fashioned and chauvinistic, IMO.

I still recall when he went to brandy's defense because she did not have a man(his own words).

He also looks to me that he is completely over the entire show,

• Love 2

I'm not defending his behavior. The words and anger used in the defense of his wife is completely unnecessary. However, no way does it justify Yolanda's accusation against him during that incident.

I'm not interested in making it a gender thing. He's not targeting women to argue with - he is consistent with directing his anger toward women who have gone after his wife. That doesn't make him sexist and he doesn't really say anything that's really demeaning about women in general. He's just flat out rude and I think that anger would be similarly directed to a man under the same circumstances. At The fact that his dealings are with women is likely due to the circumstances of interacting with an all female cast. I just don't think the dealings on the show are enough to label him sexist.

It's a lot more common for women to speak up when it's a man using foul language against a woman but not the other way around. This is just generally speaking because I can't recall a case specific to Ken where the women have addressed him in any manner that would make his angered words in any way understandable. But I have seen it in other shows where a woman will call a man all sorts of names and when he throws out insults, he becomes vile and disgusting. This issue shouldn't be about how Ken speaks to a woman, it should be how Ken to speaks to a person. It shouldn't be condoned or seen as acceptable regardless of the gender of the speaker or the gender of the recipient of their angry words.

I think that Ken is sexist, but I think that his major problem is that he is an Elitist. 

I can never listen to him say these things without remembering the testimony that took place during their harassment trial. The waitress who was claiming harassment was ultimately asking for about $300 for the two shifts she had missed while the folks at Villa Blanca tried to sort it all out, in addition to the promise she wouldn't have to work with the guy she said was harassing her. Ken (and Pandora) refused the request, and Ken said something like "she should just feel lucky she works here". And "she needs to just get over it or find another job".  Well, that and he apparently wanted the video tape showing the alleged incident destroyed. I'm just not sure how there is any world where a person who says such things isn't a total and complete dick. 

It was very much like the comment he made to their housekeeper (sorry, I cannot remember her name) about how she was a very lucky gal to get to work for them. That statement could have been taken many ways, and certainly could have just been a joke. When I read that he had said pretty much the same thing about a waitress who worked for them, it solidified in my mind that this is actually how he feels. That the folks around him, those who serve him, pick up the dog shit, clean their toilets, serve their patrons, should just feel lucky for the honor of doing so. 

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/06/15/update-on-bustillos-v-villa-blanca/

• Love 5

I think that Ken is sexist, but I think that his major problem is that he is an Elitist.

I can never listen to him say these things without remembering the testimony that took place during their harassment trial. The waitress who was claiming harassment was ultimately asking for about $300 for the two shifts she had missed while the folks at Villa Blanca tried to sort it all out, in addition to the promise she wouldn't have to work with the guy she said was harassing her. Ken (and Pandora) refused the request, and Ken said something like "she should just feel lucky she works here". And "she needs to just get over it or find another job". Well, that and he apparently wanted the video tape showing the alleged incident destroyed. I'm just not sure how there is any world where a person who says such things isn't a total and complete dick.

It was very much like the comment he made to their housekeeper (sorry, I cannot remember her name) about how she was a very lucky gal to get to work for them. That statement could have been taken many ways, and certainly could have just been a joke. When I read that he had said pretty much the same thing about a waitress who worked for them, it solidified in my mind that this is actually how he feels. That the folks around him, those who serve him, pick up the dog shit, clean their toilets, serve their patrons, should just feel lucky for the honor of doing so.

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/06/15/update-on-bustillos-v-villa-blanca/[/quote

LVP and YF are both elitist " ladies" who are both cut from the same cloth, they just happen to be different textures. The reason they dont like each other is bc they are more similar than they are different. They treat their children differently, they both married older successful men, they treat people of color / "The help" differently, they take broken birds under their wings under the guise and responsiblity of being a(Noblesse Oblige) for their own illicit purposes and they both have a revisionist history. I could go on... But you get my drift:-!

Edited by SparkleznConfetti
  • Love 4

Guys? Lets please all keep it civil. I feel like I shouldn't have to keep saying this.

What do you mean?

I think that we are all on the same page here and discussing Ken's behaviors politely.

If I am missing something, please let me know where the discussion is problematic.

Thank you.

What do you mean?

I think that we are all on the same page here and discussing Ken's behaviors politely.

If I am missing something, please let me know where the discussion is problematic.

Thank you.

I mean keep it civil. 

• Love 3

I actually meant to type "did she accuse him of having Münchausens".

I can never listen to him say these things without remembering the testimony that took place during their harassment trial. The waitress who was claiming harassment was ultimately asking for about $300 for the two shifts she had missed while the folks at Villa Blanca tried to sort it all out, in addition to the promise she wouldn't have to work with the guy she said was harassing her. Ken (and Pandora) refused the request, and Ken said something like "she should just feel lucky she works here". And "she needs to just get over it or find another job".  Well, that and he apparently wanted the video tape showing the alleged incident destroyed. I'm just not sure how there is any world where a person who says such things isn't a total and complete dick. 

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/06/15/update-on-bustillos-v-villa-blanca/

I didn't know about that incident. I can definitely see Elitist in his attitude, especially with the example you mentioned!

LVP and YF are both elitist " ladies" who are both cut from the same cloth, they just happen to be different textures. The reason they dont like each other is bc they are more similar than they are different. They treat their children differently, they both married older successful men, they treat people of color / "The help" differently, they take broken birds under their wings under the guise and responsiblity of being a(Noblesse Oblige) for their own illicit purposes and they both have a revisionist history. I could go on... But you get my drift:-!

Holy crap, I hadn't thought of it like that. I just assumed that their competitiveness was probably over their respective relationships with Mohamed but now that you put all out like that, they are very similar.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 4

Yolanda and Lisa have/had totally different appeal and relationships with Mohamed. I can't see them feelings threatened or envious by each other.

Yolanda seems very Dutch. They don't have a reputation for poor self esteem or pussyfooting.

Yet Yolanda valiantly tried to goad Mohammad into trashing LVP on camera in Season 4. Mohammad wouldn't go for it. 

Go back and read Joyce's description of the incident between Yolanda and Ken at the wrap party. Yolanda was in hysterics and shaking telling everyone Ken assaulted her. 

• Love 9

Yet Yolanda valiantly tried to goad Mohammad into trashing LVP on camera in Season 4. Mohammad wouldn't go for it.

Go back and read Joyce's description of the incident between Yolanda and Ken at the wrap party. Yolanda was in hysterics and shaking telling everyone Ken assaulted her.

The word assault doesn't appear in Yoyce's blog post for the last episode, and it doesn't appear in her three subsequent whiny reunion episodes blog posts.

I did not realize that Joyce was spelled Yoyce.

When Joyce was still on the show, one of the harridans made fun of her Hispanic-ness and pronounced the J as a Y.

It was one of those racist slur pieces of idiocy that this show sometimes inflicts on its viewers, thinking it's funny.  PTV'er's have just carried it forward.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 6

When Joyce was still on the show, one of the harridans made fun of her Hispanic-ness and pronounced the J as a Y.

It was one of those racist slur pieces of idiocy that this show sometimes inflicts on its viewers, thinking it's funny.  PTV'er's have just carried it forward.

Wow.

I'm not sure which word to use first but reprehensible fits.

• Love 5

It was one of those racist slur pieces of idiocy that this show sometimes inflicts on its viewers, thinking it's funny.  

I believe the harridan in question was Brandi. 

• Love 7

I'm not sure what's so bad about being a "wanker."  Pretty much everyone masturbates.  Maybe it's a cultural thing? 

I enjoy crotchety Ken, he has been around more, and stepped in more, since the Puerto Rico attacks, which I do think shocked him.  I enjoy his outspokenness, and he's not physically attacking women, so what's the big deal if he uses his words?  Women can use their words as well.  Fair fight.

• Love 7

I'm not sure what's so bad about being a "wanker."  Pretty much everyone masturbates.  Maybe it's a cultural thing? 

I enjoy crotchety Ken, he has been around more, and stepped in more, since the Puerto Rico attacks, which I do think shocked him.  I enjoy his outspokenness, and he's not physically attacking women, so what's the big deal if he uses his words?  Women can use their words as well.  Fair fight.

"Wanker"is really crass and demeaning, IMO.

But what do I know, I am French...

• Love 1

I also meant to say that before the Puerto Rico planned and icky attack on LVP, I only remember Ken stepping in when some kind of pile on was happening, to anyone really. 

Maybe I relate to that because I am that way too.  I hate gang ups and pile ons, feels like bullying to me, and I too am guilty of stepping in to defend someone who has no one to support them or at least say, "hold on here, one at a time."  I've done it every since I was a child, it just pushes every button I have to have someone alone while facing a gang.  Hell, I would have even defended my personal least liked housewife, Jill Zarin, if everyone was coming at her at once.

I just can't stand that, so maybe I feel connected to Ken on that kind of thing, since I would do exactly what he does.

Although after Puerto Rico, I can certainly see that Ken is almost always around, kind of as a preemptive protection for his wife, he doesn't want her to have to handle a gang-attack on her own, so he's always on guard, perhaps too much, but I get his motivation.  I think his actions changed very much by PR, before he was more understandable, after?  A little too much perhaps.

• Love 5

I met a woman who was traveling around the United States and we got to talking about California.

I asked her where in Ca she got to go and she answered, "San Joe-say".

We both shared a laugh about it after I explained to her that the "J" in Spanish is pronounced like an "H". So the proper way to say it was 'San Hoe-say'. We chatted a bit more and I asked her when she visited and she thought for a moment and said, "In Hune and Huly.........."

• Love 8

That WWHL appearance highlighted pretty much every reason why I can't stand Yolanda. God, she's just awful. I can't imagine being friends with her. It's a mystery why Erika is so loyal to her apart from wanting a connection to the show. Yolanda doesn't treat her very well from what I've seen.

Totally agree, entitled and smug was how she came across to me.

• Love 11