Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, druzy said:

XJ Beauty, Jenelle's makeup manufacturer, ended their business relationship with JE cosmetics because Jenelle is not representative of their values. 

"not representative of our values" may simply mean "did not sell enough" or "called attention  to  the fact that our products suck." I don't think they would care much if the product had proven popular.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, akr said:

"not representative of our values" may simply mean "did not sell enough" or "called attention  to  the fact that our products suck." I don't think they would care much if the product had proven popular.

If true - that’s fucking hysterical. Not sure what “not representative of our values” means though if they’re the ones responsible for the fact that the kit is apparently contaminated crap.

Thanks for the Broken Harts podcast suggestion peeps! It’s awesome. Listening to it at work - my new job affords me that luxury. See highly recommend getting a job you’re overwhelmingly overqualified for if you can. I’m like Sweet Baby Jesus there! On Episode 4. Let me know of any other suggestions!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, druzy said:

image.thumb.png.aefba7be76d8b916bc46015656da2537.png

Hahaha! She wasted around $30k on this crap and now will be stuck with what she can't give away. Delicious!

PS-Jenelle, you didn't cut ties with them. They discovered what pieces of shit you and your huzbin are and couldn't get away fast enough. I bet the Flat Tummy Company has cut ties with you, too. Your new body by Corona with a side of biscuits and gravy isn't really the look they're trying to sell with their snake oil😂

• LOL 16
  • Love 7

Like Jenelle is going to get off her ass and do “meet and greets”. IMO anyway - she’s rightfully petrified Internet Nugget (whoever bought her site) will spread the word and us villagers will show up with torches and pitchforks.

Edited by Jennifersdc
ETA - just figure out Broken Harts was from Farrah thread. We’re all family - so close enough.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Back in May, Kail Lowry predicted that Teen Mom 2 would take a hit in its ratings due to the firing of Jenelle Evans— and it appears she was right.

(But, then again, “Kail is always right”….according to Kail.)

The reality show– which has been on the air for a whopping nine years— is beginning to show its age a bit in the ratings. Once a ratings powerhouse for MTV that consistently brought in 1 million-plus numbers each week, ‘Teen Mom 2’ has been slipping in its ratings over the past few seasons, but took a decent-sized dip for the most-recent Season 9B episodes.

As fans know, Season 9B is the first season without Jenelle, who has basically been a drama factory for the series since it began in 2010. Jenelle was replaced with Jade Cline who still brings the drama, but not quite in the same way Jenelle did. (There’s no longer Barbara Evans to go to commentary on her “bitch of a daughta,” after all.) 

“I think that people did watch the show for Jenelle,” Kail told TMZ in May, shortly after MTV gave Jenelle and her crew the ax. “I don’t think that can be denied.” 

Kail was hopeful that she and her co-stars– Chelsea Houska, Leah Messer and Briana DeJesus— could bring a high amount of drama on their own.

“I definitely think the rest of us have enough to keep the franchise going, and I hope that’s what happens,” Kail said. 

Has the Kail/Chelsea/Leah/Briana/Jade drama been enough? According to the most-recent ratings, that answer is “almost.”

According to Showbuzz Daily, the most-recent episode of ‘Teen Mom 2’— which aired on September 24— ranked No. 3 in the highly coveted 18-49 age demographic for all original cable telecasts that night. While it secured a .40 in sales demo ratings, it came in with only 784,000 viewers. That’s slightly down from the previous week’s episode, which had 787,000 viewers and .41 in the demo ratings.

The Season 9B premiere did slightly better, coming in with 810,000 viewers and a .45 demo ratings score.

While the Jade/Jenelle exchange may have something to do with the ratings decline, ‘Teen Mom 2’ did move from Monday nights to Tuesday nights, which may have distributed to the lesser ratings.

While these numbers are good (to compare: MTV’s sad attempt to make Teen Mom: Young Moms Club happen only brought in 304,000 in its premiere ratings), they are below what ‘Teen Mom 2’ used to get, even compared to last season.

The last regular episode of Season 9A scored a hefty 988,000 viewers and a .48 in demo ratings. The episode before that— which aired on May 6— clocked in at 930,000 viewers and a .49 demo rating. 

‘Teen Mom 2’ has always been the franchise’s ratings giant, clocking in way higher ratings (on average) than its big sister, Teen Mom OG and its little sister Teen Mom: Young & Pregnant. Even with its lower numbers, it is still doing better than both of those shows did in their most-recent episode ratings. 

In its most-recent season, ‘Teen Mom OG’ took a dip in ratings, even with the addition of Mackenzie McKee to the cast. 

Does this spell trouble for the ‘Teen Mom’ franchise? No way, The Ashley‘s sources tell her. 

As The Ashley already told you, ‘Teen Mom OG’ was renewed and the cast (including controversial Amber Portwood) is already filming for the new season. The Ashley’s sources tell her that ‘Teen Mom 2’ should have no problem getting a pick-up (which hasn’t happened yet) with those numbers.

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, TeenMom69 said:

oh hell no they're in MY town!! Nashville, TN. Not sure why you'd bring a bunch a kids here who are too young to go to the honky tonks.

David had a jam session with upchurch’s guitarist.  

I had to google to see who thetravistidwell was.  

Edited by Mkay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

From Urban Dictionary:

VSCO GIRL

VSCO GIRL- Wears oversized t-shirts or sweatshirt with Nike shorts. Has Vans, Crocs, Birks, and wears a shell necklace. She also wears tube tops and Jean shorts. She always has a hydroflask. She can't leave home without a scrunchie and her favorite car is a jeep.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, druzy said:

Does this spell trouble for the ‘Teen Mom’ franchise? No way, The Ashley‘s sources tell her. 

As The Ashley already told you, ‘Teen Mom OG’ was renewed and the cast (including controversial Amber Portwood) is already filming for the new season. The Ashley’s sources tell her that ‘Teen Mom 2’ should have no problem getting a pick-up (which hasn’t happened yet) with those numbers.

Sadly enough, the ratings would probably have to drop to below 500,000 for it to get cancelled. That's probably still a few years away. Still, this might be enough of a reality check for Kail and Leah.

• Love 5

Y'all, I'm old.  This just VSCO stuff looks like what we wore when I was in middle school (plus some beach-hippie chic slightly thrown in). (I'm still in shock scrunchies are back, BTW.  Not opposed to them being back, just in shock about it.)  Mid-90s comfy style + metal water bottle = VSCO. Okay then. 

I'd be thrilled if my tween/early teens daughter was going through this phase as opposed to having an adult boyfriend (cough, Andrew and Jenelle, cough), doing drugs, or wearing barely-there clothing for attention.  Maryssa is following a normal fad that seems fine to me. I don't see why this warrants posting on social media or laughing about it with the world, but hey, I'm not high in the she shed and all....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 24
38 minutes ago, LBS said:

@MyPeopleAreNordic Same!  Switch the Nike shorts for Umbro soccer shorts (do they still make those?)* and that was me in high school.  Much rather that come back than the high waisted mom jeans that they are trying to make come back.  

* I googled Umbro and someone on Poshmark is selling a pair I had as "vintage".  Oh. My. God.  I am "vintage" old now.   Excuse me while I cry listening to Nirvana on the Oldie station. 

Target has an Umbro line in the kids department.  It is really cute, and brings back memories!

2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

From Urban Dictionary:

VSCO girl thing cracked me up because my son came home from middle school one day and said some of his friends joked and called him that.  He wasn't sure what it was other than it had to do with his hydroflask.  We looked it up and lol!  I mean, he has super short hair, no scrunchie, looks like a boy, doesn't wear the suggested shoes they mention, so I think we are good.  But it was funny looking it up and finding it so easily on google.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LBS said:

@MyPeopleAreNordic Same!  Switch the Nike shorts for Umbro soccer shorts (do they still make those?)* and that was me in high school.  Much rather that come back than the high waisted mom jeans that they are trying to make come back.  

* I googled Umbro and someone on Poshmark is selling a pair I had as "vintage".  Oh. My. God.  I am "vintage" old now.   Excuse me while I cry listening to Nirvana on the Oldie station. 

Lucky bitch. My mom wouldn't buy me Umbros because "the JCPenney generic nylon shorts look just like Umbros and they cost $20 less".

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Is Umbro shorts a 90's thing?  Never heard of them!  I graduated in 1991, but guess you can say a majority of my teen years were in the 80's.  That picture above with them all in the studio, Jenelle is looking (un)pleasantly plumpy.  I know we say that every week but she's just ballooning up.  It wouldn't be a huge deal if a) she and David didn't always fat shame Kail and the others (karma, bitch) and b) she'd get clothes for her size.  She's always wearing spandex shit and just...no.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

She really is the stepmom from hell.  Being old, I had to go look up what a VCSO girl is and still not sure if I totally get it.  But did read it's considered an insult to call someone that.  She's just so jealous of Maryssa.  

e26fc044090398b5f3d8724e6b029b8b.jpg

I’d rather be that ( and I mostly was) than look like I’m trying to squeeze a sausage into its Casing or looking like I’m high 

Good lord, being jealous of your tween step daughter 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Is Umbro shorts a 90's thing?  Never heard of them!  I graduated in 1991, but guess you can say a majority of my teen years were in the 80's.  That picture above with them all in the studio, Jenelle is looking (un)pleasantly plumpy.  I know we say that every week but she's just ballooning up.  It wouldn't be a huge deal if a) she and David didn't always fat shame Kail and the others (karma, bitch) and b) she'd get clothes for her size.  She's always wearing spandex shit and just...no.  

It was more of a growing up in the 80s thing...I don't remember the exact years, but it wasn't after 1991 for sure...probably more like mid to late 80s.  So you were in the right timeframe.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Jenelle has no idea how to dress her body, that's obvious. She's very short-waisted, but she completely ignored that with her skanky choices.

I haven't watched this mess in years, Jenelle's treatment of Kaiser as an infant completely turned me away. 

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, alexa said:

It was more of a growing up in the 80s thing...I don't remember the exact years, but it wasn't after 1991 for sure...probably more like mid to late 80s.  So you were in the right timeframe.

Umbro shorts were still a thing in the early 90s. At least here in the midwest. That's all the sporty girls at my school wore in jr high - which would have been 92-94. You were such a loser if you didn't have them for gym.

I still don't get the VCSO thing. It seems like a very specific list of items that don't necessarily tell me anything about the person wearing them.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Ya'll, I'm old.  This just VSCO stuff looks like what we wore when I was in middle school (plus some beach-hippie chic slightly thrown in). (I'm still in shock scrunchies are back, BTW.  Not opposed to them being back, just in shock about it.)  Mid-90s comfy style + metal water bottle = VSCO. Okay then. 

I'd be thrilled if my tween/early teens daughter was going through this phase as opposed to having an adult boyfriend (cough, Andrew and Jenelle, cough), doing drugs, or wearing barely-there clothing for attention.  Maryssa is following a normal, fad that seems fine to me. I don't see why this warrants posting on social media or laughing about it with the world, but hey, I'm not high in the she shed and all....

Seriously, this VSCO stuff is essentially what i wore from age 11 until maybe 14 or 15 (aka the early to mid 90s for me). I remember a friend of mine posting a high school class photo of hers from grade 9 on Facebook and everyone who she tagged was like "why did us girls dress like boys in oversized clothing???" cos that was the style lmao. No one was wearing the skimpy "mature" looking dresses at 14 back then like they do now. 

I am super amused that scrunchies are back in style. I remember a few years ago all youngins making fun of photos of us from the 80s and 90s with our scrunchies - well lookie what is now in style! 😂

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

She really is the stepmom from hell.  Being old, I had to go look up what a VCSO girl is and still not sure if I totally get it.  But did read it's considered an insult to call someone that.  She's just so jealous of Maryssa.  

e26fc044090398b5f3d8724e6b029b8b.jpg

I looked it up too and don’t get it.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Umbro shorts were still a thing in the early 90s. At least here in the midwest. That's all the sporty girls at my school wore in jr high - which would have been 92-94. You were such a loser if you didn't have them for gym.

I still don't get the VCSO thing. It seems like a very specific list of items that don't necessarily tell me anything about the person wearing them.

I hadn’t heard of VCSO until Jenelle posted it.  I googled it. Fast forward I subbed today in high school. A girl talking to her friends said she was holding a McDonald’s cup with straw and a girl “sksksksks” her.  🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m so glad I was a 90’s kid.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I’m just so happy not to be the only one confused by this whole VSCO girl thing. I too, googled it and was left with more questions than answers. The “And I oop-“ what?!? What???? I’m so glad I’m not a teenager now. Take me back to the 90s. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

I hadn’t heard of VCSO until Jenelle posted it.  I googled it. Fast forward I subbed today in high school. A girl talking to her friends said she was holding a McDonald’s cup with straw and a girl “sksksksks” her.  🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m so glad I was a 90’s kid.  

What does that even mean?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

They actually say the sound.  It sounds like a hissing snake.  😆😆😆 I literally put my head in my hands like 🤦🏻‍♀️.  I guess it means No?! Or ugh.  They weren’t happy she had a plastic straw. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Friday is VSCO vs E-boy day. I had to have my daughter explain that to me.  

• LOL 10
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Beats me.  Honestly I still don't get it.  I guess a certain style?  I asked my 18 year old, he didn't know.  I didn't even know scrunchies were back in style until reading this board yesterday.  Bet they don't match their socks (double socks, 2 different colors) to their scrunchies. 

I guess my point of the post is Jenelle chooses to call Maryssa out publicly on her style which is shitty.  Then when I Googled it, I read it's usually an insult, so yeah Jenelle playing the mean stepmom again.

What is e-boy day @Mkay?  Is that like WCW (Woman Crush Wednesday)?

a6583594659bf5ba202c3bb53f3efeee.jpg

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Beats me.  Honestly I still don't get it.  I guess a certain style?  I asked my 18 year old, he didn't know.  I didn't even know scrunchies were back in style until reading this board yesterday.  Bet they don't match their socks (double socks, 2 different colors) to their scrunchies. 

I guess my point of the post is Jenelle chooses to call Maryssa out publicly on her style which is shitty.  Then when I Googled it, I read it's usually an insult, so yeah Jenelle playing the mean stepmom again.

What is e-boy day @Mkay?  Is that like WCW (Woman Crush Wednesday)?

a6583594659bf5ba202c3bb53f3efeee.jpg

The double socks.  Hahaha I forgot all about those.  

Eboy is another I had to ask my daughter about.   I always wear black.  So I guess I’ll fit into the eboy category Friday.  😆 I won’t have long sleeves on nor will I have vans but black is my everyday color. 

E7225608-442F-479E-990A-90D38B2F6979.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Someone remind me why they fought to get custody of the girl when neither one likes her .. oh yeah they Are ginormous asshats whomjust wanted to win 

Plus punish Maryssa for speaking out in the first place.

3 hours ago, Mkay said:

The double socks.  Hahaha I forgot all about those.  

Eboy is another I had to ask my daughter about.   I always wear black.  So I guess I’ll fit into the eboy category Friday.  😆 I won’t have long sleeves on nor will I have vans but black is my everyday color. 

E7225608-442F-479E-990A-90D38B2F6979.jpeg

Some of this explanation (skates, baggy clothes and chains and beanies, has hair parted down the middle, long sleeves shirts under their tshirts, and vans) essentially describes boys I went to high school with, the "skater" look from the '90s (see the boys walking in slowmo in Clueless while Alicia Silverstone narrates how gross they are lol - "and like, we're expected to swoon?! I DON'T THINK SO!")

image.png.3aab4f3bce196c6d90f99076eb9bd550.png

Edited by kaydub
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

My cousin and her friends are total VSCO girls. I too didn't know what it meant until coming here and once I read the description, I immediately went to my cousin's Instagram page to confirm it. They had it all, the big shirts, the Birkenstocks, the scrunchies. Now I know what it's called 😆

Has their house sank into the swamp yet?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2