Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

"You'll be sorry. You've been warned. I can't help it. She's pure evil. You've been warned. Don't say I didn't warn you."

"pure evil" sounds about right

The "I can't help it" in the middle of all that vitriol is scary.  Truly, professional help-level scary.  When you "can't help it", you've, by definition, got a problem with it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jel said:

The "I can't help it" in the middle of all that vitriol is scary.  Truly, professional help-level scary.  When you "can't help it", you've, by definition, got a problem with it.

It may be that he's freaking out over dealing with someone as crafty and corrupt as his ex, and he can't help speaking out - especially if she is the narcissist she appears to be. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

It may be that he's freaking out over dealing with someone as crafty and corrupt as his ex, and he can't help speaking out - especially if she is the narcissist she appears to be. 

I think that's possible, nexxie, but if that (what you quoted) was all one thought, and not a bunch of pieced together different texts or parts of emails, to me, it's disconcerting.  

I mean who exactly is going to be sorry and who is he trying to warn? Her? The world at large? It's just weird phrasing.

• Love 2

He does look concerned.  He's in court.  What sane person wouldn't look concerned?  Honestly, he looks handsome as hell to me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4309494/Jason-Hoppy-court-stalking-threatening-Bethenny.html

So Satan Bethenny's shark attorney says Jason's behavior was "systematic bullying, harassment, stalking and torment on an almost daily basis".  That's his assessment, NOT a judge's.  Sorry shark, I'm not impressed by your expensive bullshit.  Systematic bullying?  Hey shark, just how much is Satan Bethenny paying you to say what lunatic/idiot/fool Kelly Bensimon casually babbles?  Wow, so Jason sent her an email saying she's evil.  Big woo!  Uh, is Satan Bethenny's shark attorney now gonna go after the BILLIONS of us who've posted on here the woman is evil personified?

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Jel said:

I mean who exactly is going to be sorry and who is he trying to warn? Her? The world at large? It's just weird phrasing.

The article said he was talking in person to B and her new boyfriend, so I am assuming he was trying to warn the new boyfriend.

• Love 5

I think prolonging this is exactly what he's trying to do.  The man is disgusting.  It was apparent during the early days of their show that one of his missions in life was to make Bethenny look and feel even crazier than she already does.  I had to stop watching them at one point because I was so disturbed by the whole Hoppy family (of course, I am a glutton for punishment and eventually binge watched all the episodes).  As much as I dislike Bethenny and think she's pretty unhinged, she doesn't deserve to be harassed by a sociopath like Jason.

• Love 7

When Hoppy's parents came on the scene is about when I checked out of that show.  Seems that was also around the time the beginning of the end started??? Can you anyone tell me what the initial rift was between Bethany and Jason's parents?  My memory is fuzzy but I do recall some tension. 

Can you anyone tell me what the initial rift was between Bethany and Jason's parents?  My memory is fuzzy but I do recall some tension. 

This is when it started in my mind.

BF - If we go to your parents we spend half a day between packing the car and getting there and half a day coming back.

JH - Well what if we have them come down here every other weekend?

BF - We both work all week.  When do we go out with our friends?

JH - Then I'll just take Brynn up without you and you can go out with your friends.

BH - It's not just friends it's traditions with us as a family.  The weekends should be when we are together as a family. (vague recollections of her talking about walking with the stroller around the park?)

JH - The family includes my parents.  You don't know what a family is.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, 918lux said:

It was apparent during the early days of their show that one of his missions in life was to make Bethenny look and feel even crazier than she already does. 

I think that many posters who look more favorably on Bethenny have stated a similar thought. Since I have such trouble viewing B in any kind of positive light I think I always saw her as trying to control Jason. The birthday party, the sailing trip and the TV show in general always made it seem to me like she had to let him know who was running things. 

I did think the Hoppys seemed like pretty nice parents, but I think that may be irrelevant as I do not know one couple (all solid and all married over 20 years) who does not still have blow-ups about their in-laws (I am an old b/c I totally remember when in-law jokes were like an entire genre of comedy. Not particularly funny comedy, but the jokes were plentiful). 

• Love 11
On 3/14/2017 at 0:56 AM, Long Spot said:

The article said he was talking in person to B and her new boyfriend, so I am assuming he was trying to warn the new boyfriend.

Thank you for the clarification, Long Spot.  :)   I'm going to downgrade my loony assessment by 50%: still sounds unhinged, but definitely less unhinged than just making a general pronouncement to the world.  

On 3/13/2017 at 6:19 PM, Jel said:

"You'll be sorry. You've been warned. I can't help it. She's pure evil. You've been warned. Don't say I didn't warn you."

This is nothing I haven't thought myself. Why her Dennis? Why? You got money, you ain't ugly and you appear to have the ability to commit given that you were married to the same woman for decades. There is also the question of why 'fall so hard and so deep' on the heels of your separation to a viper like B of all women? 

Even so, Hoppy shouldn't be this pressed and ridiculous about it. He could have said this in 1 email not over 100. It is not like this man is his brother. I get that he has a right to be concerned given that this man (if he hasn't come to his senses) could be his daughter's stepfather. However, part of me does believe that he doesn't want and doesn't think Bethenny deserves to skip off into happiness (for 2-3 years, let's face it) after such an acrimonious divorce. 

The worst thing about this is that it is a W in B's win column. 

Oh Hoppy:

giphy.gif

Sad truth is, by puberty or 16 at the latest, Brynn will likely want to spent an inordinate amt of time with him anyway from the simple fact that many girls just start to butt heads with their mom's around this time and secondly, her mom is Bethenny. Sorry, not sorry but the fitting into my toddler's pj's shit just does not bode well - I don't care if it was years ago. No doubt in my mind that there are issues around food, weight and looks in B's house. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 14

Just watching a little of the NYC marathon.  My opinion of Satan Bethenny hasn't changed.  Evil, cruel, heartless & horrible & she'll brutalize everyone around her (except for suckup Carole) just cuz she's evil & horrible.

So I see a huge Madame Paulette van outside my building.  Coulda sworn I saw a pic on the van of Bethenny with a goatee & horns drawn on.  Maybe my imagination . . . 

• Love 5
On 3/14/2017 at 2:15 PM, QuinnM said:

BF - If we go to your parents we spend half a day between packing the car and getting there and half a day coming back.

JH - Then I'll just take Brynn up without you and you can go out with your friends.

BH - It's not just friends it's traditions with us as a family.  The weekends should be when we are together as a family. (vague recollections of her talking about walking with the stroller around the park?)

I've always said that Bethenny is awful and manipulative, but so is Jason. Just not to the degree that Bethenny is. This argument about visiting his parents is one of those issues that if he wasn't trying to stick it to Bethenny, he wouldn't have pushed so hard because he didn't want every weekend occupied by his parents either. Furthermore it was going to be a situation that would soon be untenable because Brynn was going to have activities, play dates, and birthday parties on the weekend that would preclude going back and forth to visit the grandparents. 

Even so, Hoppy shouldn't be this pressed and ridiculous about it. He could have said this in 1 email not over 100. It is not like this man is his brother. I get that he has a right to be concerned given that this man (if he hasn't come to his senses) could be his daughter's stepfather. However, part of me does believe that he doesn't want and doesn't think Bethenny deserves to skip off into happiness (for 2-3 years, let's face it) after such an acrimonious divorce. 

Bethenny has never pretended to not be awful and Jason chose her. He saw the cameras, knew who she was, came up to her and negged her at a nightclub. A truly healthy person wouldn't have been in a relationship with her. He knew she wasn't answering his emails. He decided to bombard her because it would annoy her. And she was ignoring his emails to annoy him. He's more like her than he cares to admit. These two do not complement each other and had no business being married to each other.

• Love 5

Bethenny is an evolution of the (unhealed) dysfunction of her childhood. She grew up doing anything she could possibly dream up to get her parents' attention, with the bad side effect of no accountability and nothing EVER being her fault.  Unhealed being the key word here. She could do so much with her life and her money and co parenting with the right treatment and healing. F-YOU money, the nice homes & ability to give Brynn everything she needs for appearance sakes isn't going to raise a healthy child. Get some EMDR Bethenny! 3X a week! 

All of the attention she craves(the constant social media, Brynn's pajamas, etc) speaks volumes to me that she's still gonna act out ( in this case freeze out Jason from co parenting-which seems to be his argument if you read the article) yet none of this is her fault.

• Love 9

I really hate the way Jason has handled this, but as someone upthread astutely pointed out -- a healthy person would not go out with, much less marry B.  I wish he would pick some beautiful 20 or 30 something blonde, have a wonderful relationship, get married and have a few more kids.  THAT is the way to get revenge on B.  As the saying goes, the best revenge is living well.  Too bad Jason seems too stupid to listen and continues to play right into that beast's hand. 

• Love 4
On 3/14/2017 at 0:15 PM, QuinnM said:

This is about when I knew the marriage was doomed.  Both had very different ideas about how to run THEIR family.  I sided more with B at the time and still do.  Not that I think she is a walk in the park to deal with but he gave me a bad feeling.  

• Love 7

This is about when I knew the marriage was doomed.  Both had very different ideas about how to run THEIR family.  I sided more with B at the time and still do.  Not that I think she is a walk in the park to deal with but he gave me a bad feeling.

The thing about that particular exchange is that they were both in it.  There was no he said/she said.  She kept tossing out options.  At one point it was like how about every other weekend.  He wanted and he said his parents deserved EVERY weekend.  That is also when I started to get the creepy grandparent vibe.  And of course it colored the testimony during the divorce about Hoppy and his dad wandering around a photo shoot in their boxers eating off the craft services table.  And then the coup de grace was momma notarizing the trust that was deemed fraudulent.  So yes, B is a whole pile of nuts but these Hoppy people is creepy.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The thing about that particular exchange is that they were both in it.  There was no he said/she said.  She kept tossing out options.  At one point it was like how about every other weekend.  He wanted and he said his parents deserved EVERY weekend.  

My brother has a friend whose parents are a lot like the Hoppys. They wanted to see my brother's friend and later his family 2 or 3 times a week. The friend didn't want to, but was too chicken shit to tell his parents this. It was not surprising to learn that he married a woman who makes Bethenny look healthy and sane and had no qualms about telling her husband's family that they sucked and that she, her husband, and kids weren't the least bit interested in hanging out with his parents. Her husband didn't say a peep about it because even if she was crazy, he needed her to demand the distance from his parents that he was incapable of asking for. 

When I say this woman was nutso, I  mean she was nuts. She had a two year feud with her husband's 6 year old niece. On the rare occasions they went to family events, she'd go in on the kid. "Everyone hates you Ellie. They think you're dumb, ugly, and stupid. I don't know why you're here." His parents and siblings were too enmeshed to see that the wife was toxic and shouldn't be invited to family events. The parents meant well, but they didn't realize that they'd smothered their son into marrying someone who could stand up to them.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I totally agree.  I think they are both highly dysfunctional people who want to win at all costs.  Their competitive drive and desire to win is probably what drew them to each other in the first place & sadly has caused this drawn out divorce.  Neither of them communicated what "family life" looked like to them personally before they started their family- HUGE mistake!  My parents always told me- it doesn't matter what kind of life you want to live, so long as you and your partner both have the same definition as to what "the good life" means.  

I can totally see how to Jason- someone who grew up with a close & intact family- would want to spend a lot of time around his family and have his parents really involved with his kids.  And I can also see how Bethenny- someone who has spend her whole life swearing up and down that when she was a mother she would do things her way/the right way- was freaked out by that.  To Bethenny, family isn't something you can always trust and let your guard down around and as her husband, Jason should have had more respect for that and willing to slowly try to integrate his family in to their new young family.  Telling someone who has a real complex about a super screwed up home life, "You don't know what a family is!" is not only unhelpful- it's abusive.  It's not as if Bethenny didn't want them around at all or wasn't willing to try, she just didn't see a need to spend 50% of their weekends with his family- I don't think that's weird at all.

While I think Bethenny is a nutso-bitch most of the time & has absolutely zero understanding of human relationships outside of business and is completely vulgar and judgmental, I just can't fault her 100% when we all saw Jason and his family's craziness play out right in front of us, too.

• Love 10

They are both pretty disturbed people. As awful as Bethenny can come across I bet she is even worse in real life. Jason does indeed look gaunt. Bethenny has gotten under his skin. The best thing he could do for himself and his daughter is to leave all the pain and resentment in the past, and move on. Ultimately living well would be the best revenge. If Jason found a new woman, and even had another child. And was actually kind to Bethenny, it would drive her nuts. Right now, Jason is hurting himself as much or more so than Bethenny. 

• Love 2

I am not at all defending how Jason has seemingly gone off the rails but very few people mention that Jason is now an only child (his brother was killed in an MVA at 20 years old) and must feel pressure whether he admits to himself or not, to try to fill the void left.  He is the only game in town to give his parents the grandparent experience and it's not like  they can pop over during the week.

Maybe he and his brother were very close to their grandparents and he cherishes it so wants Bryn to have to same thing.  Every weekend is extreme and maybe every other is too.  

I do know that the worldview that Bethenny and Jason hold of family and all that it comes with are night and day and could not co-exist peacefully without third-party intervention.  Some very good in depth pre- engagement counseling could maybe have helped them if things had gone in a different order.            

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:11 PM, stewedsquash said:

I don't blame him for not agreeing to the plea but I worry for him, in an he is a person on tv kind of way. I hope the next court date finds him with all charges dropped and that he goes on with his life. 

There is another article, about the court date and the same picture but merged with eye roll worthy b news. She say's the world made her romance with baldy yet weird eyebrows mean eyes looks like a bruiser wannabe Shields into more than it was. Okay, yeah. No. You made it into what you wanted out there at the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4309930/Downcast-Bethenny-Frankel-steps-mystery-man.html

Perhaps Bethenny forgets the Reunion where she dialed up married Dennis' daughter and said, "I love you."  Eighteen months later Dennis still married.

I have decide with Bethenny and Jason there will never be a way from them to resolve anything unless it involves lots of attorneys and legal fees.  This should have been a family court situation.  One is as bad as the other when it comes to blowing things out of proportion. 

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, QuinnM said:

Thanks for the dialogue.  First off Hazelton is a 2-3 hour drive from NYC.  Bethenny writes about being the most efficient packer ever.  So let's say they go out Friday night, leave NYC at 8 am and arrive in PA by noon.  The leave the next day at noon and go out with their friends again Sunday night.  That is a plenty long visit for grandma and grandpa.   

I think what Bethenny objected to is the 36-48 being in her in laws company.  Nothing wrong with them coming to NYC, and if all they want is time with the grandchild, Bethenny and Jason going out with their friends while grandma and grandpa babysit.  Part of that is giving up control and not being there while the grandparents babysit.  My guess is going to PA was probably made difficult by persistent pleas from the Hoppys to stay longer and respect the time frame Bethenny and Jason had set aside.  I remember a conversation about holidays and Jason telling his folks we had this conversation yesterday and then Carole getting one more plea in for Halloween.  If every visit ended up being a negotiation, I too would tire of it.  Zero doesn't work so well either.

Bethenny needs to let go of traditions she implanted in her head.  Traditions are better developed organically than a staged plan.  Hotel rooms in Aspen or St. Barth's don't exactly scream tradition.   

I in no way thought Jason abusive by citing the obvious to Bethenny.  Bethenny doesn't have the family experience, or so she claims, so she can't understand someone not wanting to divorce their family because they have started one of their own.  I am certain if Bryn married and had children and told Bethenny -we are starting are own family  traditions and no offense don't have a place for you, between work and our friends , can't fit you in. 

• Love 5

This is about when I knew the marriage was doomed.  Both had very different ideas about how to run THEIR family.

The marriage was doomed the minute they got married and Bethenny started walking down the aisle ALONE, forgetting Jason at the altar.  

As for the family visit issue, why didn't Bethenny address that with her therapist?  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

First off Hazelton is a 2-3 hour drive from NYC.  Bethenny writes about being the most efficient packer ever.  So let's say they go out Friday night, leave NYC at 8 am and arrive in PA by noon.  The leave the next day at noon and go out with their friends again Sunday night.  

That just sounds so draining and unpleasant.  

I would never allow myself to be made a slave to such a regiment, especially not for the benefit of people who didn't seem to care what problems their requirements were causing in my marriage.  Not a chance.

I in no way thought Jason abusive by citing the obvious to Bethenny.  Bethenny doesn't have the family experience, or so she claims, so she can't understand someone not wanting to divorce their family because they have started one of their own.  

Bethenny's definition of family may leave a lot to be desired.  But what I always wanted to know was when did the way the Hoppys do things become the standard definition of "family?"  Because what I saw from them is not how my family did things, or how my husband's family did things.  Were we not "normal?" 

... because we regularly put the needs and wishes of other family members ahead of our own and we didn't pout and nag and lay a guilt trip on people when they didn't do things our way.  And as a husband and wife we didn't exploit confidences and the tragedies of each others' pasts in order to manipulate and shame one another into submitting to some unwanted activity.  Unfortunately,  those things were standard operating procedure for Jason and his parents. And it hardly makes them a candidate for "Family of the Year" in my book.

Regarding the idea that Jason was just "citing the obvious" when he told Bethenny she was crazy, messed up etc, I completely disagree.  What he was doing was exploiting painful things from his wife's past in order to manipulate her. The fact that she may have on occasion mentioned certain things about her past herself doesn't change the fact that what Jason was doing was using her past against her, and that is just plain wrong.  It's certainly not the action of a loving husband.  It's the behavior of a selfish, cruel, devious person. 

I'm not saying that Bethenny's approach to family life was anything to brag about.  But she didn't hold herself out as the societal norm and accuse Jason and his parents of being sick or wrong because they were different from her.  Just imagine if she had ... if Bethenny had brought up the "obvious" about him: that his brother's death had left his parents a needy, clinging, manipulative mess and Jason was consumed with filling the void in their lives and he was sacrificing his marriage to do it.  That his whole family was sick and messed up and NOT NORMAL and he should do things her way because of that fact. 

I would have loved to see the look on his face.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 17
38 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I am going to bullet point this because I can't make it a cohesive thought:

• I despise b (that's the disclosure, my bias but it doesn't negate that I am right and have her pegged, hahaha) and think that it didn't matter one iota what Jason did or didn't do. She wanted a baby (and a couple of spin off shows) and not a Daddy for the baby. I completely believe that she did everything she could to make sure she got pregnant. Not letting him off the hook for her being pregnant, but she had plans and he was the mark, after he approached her. 
  • (Well... this is an annoying bullet! I backspaced and can't get rid of it. I don't have a thought for this bullet!!) I will just say b has ugly knees to make it a bullet point.
  • I fully agreed with her about the visitation. It was unreasonable. He did put his mother before the mother of his child. He shouldn't have put his wick in a woman until he figured out what the woman was about and let her know what his expectations about life and family were also. I don't think it should have been a marriage buster, they would have eventually worked it out if it was the only issue. The bigger issue is that...
  • Jason has run of the mill family issues, more extreme than some, less extreme than others but b is an out and out psycho. It has nothing to do with "you just don't like strong women", so nah that's not it at all. She just viciously goes after people. Lines up situations and then just.goes.after.them. It isn't only Jason, it is way too many people in her life. She has a method and a plan and it is scary. And that is why I don't fault Jason for not backing down in anything that has to do with his legal issues with b, or with his relationship with Brynn. If given any opening, b will eviscerate him and convince Brynn that it had to be done. No way in hell would I ever agree to anger management classes over anything that had to do with psycho b. She needs to stop seeing that whack head doctor and get herself to anger management classes. Girl be irrationally angry. 
  • I need to run up and get an iced coffee from the Dunkin Donut's express at the gas station. (yeah, another annoying bullet. Maybe I need to go to the test zone here, hahaha)

and scene...

• Love 3

It takes two to tango in all matters.  Even Tom Hanks had Wilson on Castaway.

Odds are both Jason and Betheny contributed in various ways to the demise of their marriage.  At the end of the day, it's likely all about percentages. Both were wrong at times, but who was more wrong is the question, I suppose.  Let them meander off into separate and new directions and leave it be.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
On 3/19/2017 at 3:17 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

That just sounds so draining and unpleasant.  

I would never allow myself to be made a slave to such a regiment, especially not for the benefit of people who didn't seem to care what problems their requirements were causing in my marriage.  Not a chance.

Bethenny's definition of family may leave a lot to be desired.  But what I always wanted to know was when did the way the Hoppys do things become the standard definition of "family?"  Because what I saw from them is not how my family did things, or how my husband's family did things.  Were we not "normal?" 

... because we regularly put the needs and wishes of other family members ahead of our own and we didn't pout and nag and lay a guilt trip on people when they didn't do things our way.  And as a husband and wife we didn't exploit confidences and the tragedies of each others' pasts in order to manipulate and shame one another into submitting to some unwanted activity.  Unfortunately,  those things were standard operating procedure for Jason and his parents. And it hardly makes them a candidate for "Family of the Year" in my book.

Regarding the idea that Jason was just "citing the obvious" when he told Bethenny she was crazy, messed up etc, I completely disagree.  What he was doing was exploiting painful things from his wife's past in order to manipulate her. The fact that she may have on occasion mentioned certain things about her past herself doesn't change the fact that what Jason was doing was using her past against her, and that is just plain wrong.  It's certainly not the action of a loving husband.  It's the behavior of a selfish, cruel, devious person. 

I'm not saying that Bethenny's approach to family life was anything to brag about.  But she didn't hold herself out as the societal norm and accuse Jason and his parents of being sick or wrong because they were different from her.  Just imagine if she had ... if Bethenny had brought up the "obvious" about him: that his brother's death had left his parents a needy, clinging, manipulative mess and Jason was consumed with filling the void in their lives and he was sacrificing his marriage to do it.  That his whole family was sick and messed up and NOT NORMAL and he should do things her way because of that fact. 

I would have loved to see the look on his face.  

I was going to bold an area and then I wanted to bold another until the whole damn thing was bolded so I bolded nothing!  

I agree with all of this.  When my weekend comes around all I want to do is hang with my husband/kitties (I imagine kids if I had them) and just rest.  Cook some yummy food, run errands, and put my life back together after a harried week.  THE LAST thing I would want to do with any regularity is hop in the car, drive a few hours away (or 2), sleep in a bed not my own, and then drive home, work the next day lather, rinse repeat.  The second to last thing I would want to do is have company on the weekends I stayed home.  When is it just THEIR life?  If the grandparents want regular visits, move to the city and take on child care.  The thought of my free time not being my own with my little family makes me nuts.

On Jason using B's past against her?  Major dickhead move.  Nasty unfair fighting.  You may be mad at someone but that is one fucking low blow.

Bethenny is not a normal person with a normal backstory.  An adult in their 30's is probably not going to change (on his side either).  They both failed at getting to really know each other before marriage but at least she was googleable (and watchable on tv) so he had a better understanding of her than she did of him.  The divorce was the best thing for both of them and Brynn.  He needs to move on with his life.  If he is an 'only' and feels pressure to do or act a certain way with his parents maybe he needs to quit making B's life miserable and move on with his life.  Get married, have some more kids, whatever.

Her behavior was no surprise as we all know what and who she is.  His behavior was surprising and while I may be wrong, I have an idea he was WAY worse in private than anything we have seen or heard.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 13

That being said, I do understand not wanting to be labeled a "harasser" as the plea deal required.  But there is something to be said for taking a three hour anger management class and making all this go away.  It's going to be so expensive and so embarrassing.  At some point is has to just not be worth it any more.  I guess Jason hasn't reached that point yet

If he doesn't  get it together and calm down he's going to be seeing Bryn with a court appointed monitor.

And I agree his ultimate revenge will be finding a woman who want to settle down and have more children.  That will drive Betheny bonkers.

I just saw a rerun of the reunion taped right after B gave birth. She's singing Jason's praises to the sky. Funny how thing change, isn't it

Edited by Social Piranha
  • Love 2

Yes I follow B on Snap.  I keep hoping for the new apartment reno but in the meantime.  EVERY single weekend she is on a vacation.  If Bryn is with her it's skiing in Vail or Aspen or who knows where they are headed this weekend. (She never posts where until she leaves.)  Last weekend she had a long weekend in Mexico.  Then there was Miami.  There was a short weekend in the Hamptons where we saw the new floors and fireplace. I think that she is leaving the apartment for showings.  But this has to be pissing Hoppy off.  I mean if I was divorced and this is what I watched my ex doing I would be pissed.

• Love 2

Following Bethenny on Snapchat myself, I'm not even gonna lie: Bethenny's life looks hella fun and luxurious. Must be nice to have that kind of money, nasty ex-husband/custody battles/family traumas notwithstanding.

• Love 4

Wow, Jason looks awful. Time to move on with their lives, it looks like this is destroying him from the inside out. Yikes.

I follow B on snapchat too and am jealous pretty much every weekend. Sigh.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I follow B on snapchat too and am jealous pretty much every weekend. Sigh.

1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

... Bethenny's life looks hella fun and luxurious ...

20 hours ago, QuinnM said:

... EVERY single weekend she is on a vacation.  If Bryn is with her it's skiing in Vail or Aspen or who knows where they are headed this weekend ... Last weekend she had a long weekend in Mexico.  Then there was Miami.  There was a short weekend in the Hamptons ...

What?  You guys mean you wouldn't prefer to spend your weekends schlepping back and forth to Hazelton, PA where you get to sleep in Jason's childhood bedroom and watch Old Man Hoppy drink orange juice straight from the carton every morning in his underwear?  

I just don't understand you people! 

• Love 15

Ok she and Bryn are skiing in Vermont this weekend. Bryn is taking skiing lessons and B is snowboarding with a male friend. The northeast is getting hit with a ton of snow so it looks glorious. If I was going to hate her it would be for enjoying her money instead of just hoarding it. 

I'm buying a lottery ticket. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

Since I don't really understand anything having to do with courts and trials, I don't understand why pushing the dates back would make someone happy. I guess maybe it would in that if it keeps getting pushed it might eventually get dropped? Anyway, if it is good news then Woo Hooo for Jason. It was pushed back because the prosecutor had a last minute jury thing. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4448688/Jason-Hoppy-smiles-judge-pushes-stalking-trial.html

I hope once it is over that we will see the records and find out that the hyperbole that b put out is just that, over blown nonsense. 

Also, can a prosecutor just drop a case or would b (or anyone in other cases) have to agree?  I am an idiot with law stuff.

But do you think it would be going to trial if it was total nonsense? And yes, the Prosecutor has discretion to drop the case if he wants. Jason already refused a plea deal. I would love to see some of those emails. 

• Love 2

But do you think it would be going to trial if it was total nonsense? And yes, the Prosecutor has discretion to drop the case if he wants. Jason already refused a plea deal. I would love to see some of those emails. 

As a generally nosey person, me too.  I remember the original divorce the only think we got public was the one day with Bethenny on the stand giving a list of the insane things Hoppy and his parents had done.  Then before we got a cross examination or Hoppy with his list, BAM, he settled.  So that stands as the truth to me. This bit will be public since it is criminal.  This isn't Bethenny going after him.  This is the state of NY deciding after 10 days of investigation to arrest him.  Put cuffs on him and walk him out of his house.  So I want to see those emails too.

• Love 3

I thought B did the same with the divorce, testify, make Jason and family look bad and then settle. 

I think Jason realizes that B can't handle having the harassment trial delayed. Also the fact that the emails will become public and any spin that will be spun is out of her control. 

Still think Jason is trying to protect a relationship with Brynn and driving B crazy is secondary.  Don't know. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

My non lawyer opinion is...Sure it could be going to trial if it is nonsense. If you are charged with something and then a plea is offered, doesn't that mean that the original charges weren't as much of a big deal as thought? I get that it is a game of words and law, getting what you can get on the table. I think they wanted him to accept the plea because they aren't confident they can get the charges to stick and Jason put a big fat Nope on it and said #TrialMe. While I do think they both go at each other, b is just wiser in how she does it, while Jason is more emotional. She has the ultimate trigger, which for Jason is Brynn, and b has shown that she is willing to sacrifice Brynn's relationship with Jason, in order to get her all to herself. 

I think when these domestic things happen, there is a tendency to get as high a charge as you can, rightfully so, to err on the side of caution and protect women (and in some cases men), and then when the dust settles, sometimes there is no there there. I think that is what is happening here. I hope it all ends in June and things get better for all three of them. 

So I guess I answered my own questions and will bill myself. hahaha

eta (the above post mentioning the divorce)  I thought it was a different outcome, that once b got out in public what she wanted, she settled? 

Also have no legal experience, but I don't believe that a plea deal means the original charges weren't as much of a big deal. Plea deals are offered to murderers all the time. Reduction of charges to more easily get a conviction, or maybe offer someone a plea deal and give them a life sentence instead of the death penalty. 

Regarding the emails, my assumption is that Jason could have released them at anytime if he wanted to prove they are not that bad, but he did not. Beth could have done the same, but she decided to go to the police, who reviewed them and charged him. She has to know that the emails will at some point become public because of the criminal nature of the trial, yet she moved forward. Seems like a strange thing for her to do if she doesn't think the emails are that big of a deal and believes they will vindicate Jason. 

• Love 1

Regarding the emails, my assumption is that Jason could have released them at anytime if he wanted to prove they are not that bad, but he did not. Beth could have done the same, but she decided to go to the police, who reviewed them and charged him.

The emails went on for a long time and B said nothing.  Then he started cc'ing Dennis and Dennis got fed up and sent legal cease.  Then he confronted B at a school event.  So I think, having seen this kind of thing before, that the criminal charges were meant to force him into anger management.  This is the first step to stop someone that exhibits escalating threat to an ex.  Unfortunately Hoppy said no to anger management.  He likes being angry I guess.  So now they go to court and we all get to see the evidence the state has against him.  I would think if he did care about Brynn he would have taken the plea but whatever.  What is important is that he stops threatening B.  It's over go away.

And I do think he's a crazy asshat.  He did not settle with B because he got a good deal.  He settled so that there was no more testimony about his crazy asshat stunts.  I am not a lawyer but I date one.  He said that no way would you settle after one day of testimony that made you look that bad UNLESS there was even more to hear.  Remember that B's testimony indicated all kinds of things that took place in front of staff and people hired for photo shoots etc.  So he accepted settlement.  She would not have agreed to it unless it was good for her.  Everything was going her way when they settled.  Plus The Lawyer said she needed him to sign off on the Tribeca apartment before she could charge he and his mother with fraud.  I mean the settlement was he stopped getting alimony, had to pay back the alimony that he did get and had to contribute to the Tribeca.  So not the best settlement for him.

Again because I'm a nosey person I was very disappointed in the settlement since it meant no more stories.  Sources close to Hoppy said that B folded because she knew he would win.  Yeah, right.

Now once he does go to court we'll get the emails.  The outcome if he is found guilty will be significantly more than what he was offered in the plea deal.

• Love 7

Seeing the emails will be everything - one way or the other. There are so many people who will find an excuse for Jason's behavior no matter what he does. I am convinced he could threaten her life in an email and the excuse would be something about how he must have PTSD from living with her. It just never ever ends. I have wondered what the response would be had Beth been the one sending the barrage of emails. Copying Jason's co-workers and his girlfriend. All day everyday. Calling him unstable and warning off potential love interests. Folks would light her house on fire. Talk about how she wanted him to suffer, how she just couldn't let it all go and had to win. But for some reason there are excuses made as to why he had to send so many emails and copy other people. If you are a normal bloke, when someone says stop, you just stop. So far, I think she has handled this all very well. 

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Seeing the emails will be everything - one way or the other. There are so many people who will find an excuse for Jason's behavior no matter what he does. I am convinced he could threaten her life in an email and the excuse would be something about how he must have PTSD from living with her. It just never ever ends. I have wondered what the response would be had Beth been the one sending the barrage of emails. Copying Jason's co-workers and his girlfriend. All day everyday. Calling him unstable and warning off potential love interests. Folks would light her house on fire. Talk about how she wanted him to suffer, how she just couldn't let it all go and had to win. But for some reason there are excuses made as to why he had to send so many emails and copy other people. If you are a normal bloke, when someone says stop, you just stop. So far, I think she has handled this all very well. 

The same could be said about Bethenny's fans/supporters. The e-mails from Jason could be completely legit, showing that Bethenny is playing games once again and some would make excuses for her. I guess we will find out soon enough.

• Love 3
On 4/28/2017 at 9:06 AM, QuinnM said:

The emails went on for a long time and B said nothing.  Then he started cc'ing Dennis and Dennis got fed up and sent legal cease.  Then he confronted B at a school event.  So I think, having seen this kind of thing before, that the criminal charges were meant to force him into anger management.  This is the first step to stop someone that exhibits escalating threat to an ex.  Unfortunately Hoppy said no to anger management.  He likes being angry I guess.  So now they go to court and we all get to see the evidence the state has against him.  I would think if he did care about Brynn he would have taken the plea but whatever.  What is important is that he stops threatening B.  It's over go away.

And I do think he's a crazy asshat.  He did not settle with B because he got a good deal.  He settled so that there was no more testimony about his crazy asshat stunts.  I am not a lawyer but I date one.  He said that no way would you settle after one day of testimony that made you look that bad UNLESS there was even more to hear.  Remember that B's testimony indicated all kinds of things that took place in front of staff and people hired for photo shoots etc.  So he accepted settlement.  She would not have agreed to it unless it was good for her.  Everything was going her way when they settled.  Plus The Lawyer said she needed him to sign off on the Tribeca apartment before she could charge he and his mother with fraud.  I mean the settlement was he stopped getting alimony, had to pay back the alimony that he did get and had to contribute to the Tribeca.  So not the best settlement for him.

Again because I'm a nosey person I was very disappointed in the settlement since it meant no more stories.  Sources close to Hoppy said that B folded because she knew he would win.  Yeah, right.

Now once he does go to court we'll get the emails.  The outcome if he is found guilty will be significantly more than what he was offered in the plea deal.

Could you direct a fellow nosy person to some place where he could read about Bethenny's one day of testimony regarding Jason's stunts?

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, QuinnM said:

Actually, it wasn't Jason that "settled", it was Bethenny. Jason wanted "shared" custody, Bethenny wanted "primary". The end agreement was "shared" so Jason got what he asked for, Bethenny "settled" before Jason could take the stand and out her secrets.

• Love 10

Actually, it wasn't Jason that "settled", it was Bethenny. Jason wanted "shared" custody, Bethenny wanted "primary". The end agreement was "shared" so Jason got what he asked for, Bethenny "settled" before Jason could take the stand and out her

None of the custody items are public. They are all sealed. Custody and child support etc were final and signed.  That was done almost a year before the money part  

The hearings that were public record were property and dissolution of marriage. So this was property and marriage. Bethenny got everything she wanted. She got no alimony. She didn't have to pay his lawyers fees. The dollar amount of settlement was not disclosed. Anyone that sees that as a hood deal for Hoppy is crazy. However The Lawyer says that she got him to accept half the TriBeCa. Then after all signed she sued him in civil court for fraud and got 100% of The TriBeCa.  So The Lawyer said Hoppy was plain outplayed. 

• Love 4

ould you direct a fellow nosy person to some place where he could read about Bethenny's one day of testimony regarding Jason's stunts?

At the time it was TMZ. They seem to always have someone in court. They are also the only gossip site that has links to the paperwork on these things, although I don't remember looking at legal docs. Of course, like I mentioned above these proceedings were not sealed. The custody and child support were sealed. The dollar amount of child support was brought up in court when the judge overturned the temporary alimony.  Otherwise we think there is shared custody because sources close to a Hoppy said there was and that was a big loss for Bethenny. However in both of their filings each asked for sole custody. 

My guess is that DailyMail did a copy and paste from TMZ.  I think, just think, that PageSix had some testimony items. But B had one day. No cross. And none of her supporting witnesses. Hoppy had no testimony. So lots we'll never know. 

I know from past things with others. PDiddy's gun charge etc. that TMZ is where you watch to catch the details. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

None of the custody items are public. They are all sealed. Custody and child support etc were final and signed.  That was done almost a year before the money part  

The hearings that were public record were property and dissolution of marriage. So this was property and marriage. Bethenny got everything she wanted. She got no alimony. She didn't have to pay his lawyers fees. The dollar amount of settlement was not disclosed. Anyone that sees that as a hood deal for Hoppy is crazy. However The Lawyer says that she got him to accept half the TriBeCa. Then after all signed she sued him in civil court for fraud and got 100% of The TriBeCa.  So The Lawyer said Hoppy was plain outplayed. 

The divorce was private, it was not public, the custody battle wasn't private and that is where Bethenny testified about Jason's behavior. It is also when Bethenny settled before Jason got his chance to out her garbage in court. Again, Bethenny settled and Jason got what he wanted, which was shared custody.

• Love 5