Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

Jason may be angry that he is being dragged into Bethenny suing her attorney.  Jason would obviously be a percipient witness and he may not be all that jazzed about be part of that litigation.

First the DA has to file charges-I haven't seen that.   The DA may not decide to file or review the evidence and indict for more serious offenses.

I am always mindful of my friend the family judge who is fond of saying, "I am the one who get to deal with broken promises."  Parties need to be reminded they weren't always at odds.

• Love 7

Jason may be angry that he is being dragged into Bethenny suing her attorney.  Jason would obviously be a percipient witness and he may not be all that jazzed about be part of that litigation.

Actually she is suing an attorney that she never met. It is the attorney that drew up the trust that was deemed a fraud by the court. This is the one his mommy notarized. So he and his mommy are in the soup. And yes that would probably make him real mad. I think you've got something there. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, QuinnM said:

This is not something she did to him.  This is something he did.  He is not a victim.  He is the abuser.  He made the decision to behave like this.

Christ, yes.

I don't know how many people here have had an ex turn threatening, but it comes in all shapes and sizes and is creepy and terrifying. And usually people think you're exaggerating. Frankly, I'm not at all surprised by this news. Bethenny is a narcissistic maniac, but it doesn't mean she should have to live with this. He needs to move on.

I'm divorced with two kids and there is really no reason to communicate constantly once you have a schedule set and papers have been signed. Both parents should receive all information from the school and for extra-curricular activities - most of it is done digitally these days. If pick up and drop off happens at school, I have no idea why Jason would need to email her. Over. And over. And, yes, as someone said, if she is not responding to something that requires a response, cc your lawyer. Simple. Going to her boyfriend for any reason is beyond the pale. I can not imagine doing that. No way.

I also can't even sort of imagine showing up to walk my kids into school on a day where their dad has drop off. Rule #1 is respecting the other parent's time and space with the child. Incredibly offensive and intentional and will do nothing but bring tension to your child for no reason at all other than because you hate your ex. 

They should avoid each other at all costs and probably communicate only through a moderator at this point to protect their daughter. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Actually she is suing an attorney that she never met. It is the attorney that drew up the trust that was deemed a fraud by the court. This is the one his mommy notarized. So he and his mommy are in the soup. And yes that would probably make him real mad. I think you've got something there. 

Are they named in the lawsuit?  I thought just the attorney was being sued.

Are they named in the lawsuit?  I thought just the attorney was being sued.

The only thing I saw about it was about the initial filing. And yes she is suing the attorney. But Jason hired him and was a signatory and his mother was the notary. So both will likely be deposed and the attorney might decide to throw them under the bus. In any event they are paying for lawyers and getting ulcers. 

It fits with what he was yelling about all her attorneys etc. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Yes it was always 'Sources Close to Hoppy'.  So he got plenty of press.  All of the negative inside stuff against Bethenny did not come from Bethenny.  It came from sources close to Hoppy.  Takes two and she may be a head strong bitch but he is one nasty piece of work.  The problem right now is that she has lots of money and he does not.  He has behaved like such an asshole that he probably can't get a date much less a girlfriend.

If it really does block him from the school, there's a reason and documentation for it.  So the 'friends' that appeared with her in court may have included someone from the school. 

This is not something she did to him.  This is something he did.  He is not a victim.  He is the abuser.  He made the decision to behave like this.

Hoppy didn't have to lift a finger.  He's no dummy.   He was already annointed a sympathetic figure before they even separated.  The tide had turned against Bethenny a long time before that and he knew it, especially after Grandparent-Gate .  So anything Bethenny said to the press, in her talking heads about all of the problems she was having, her emotional turmoil over the divorce, etc. seemed to garner a lot of non-sympathy for her and support for him from viewers and bloggers.   Even in 2013 when he was caught secretly recording Bethenny, the nanny and Bethenny's employees and hacking their email, it didn't seem like a big deal to many because Bethenny was a bitch, a media whore, etc., etc.    The judge found that to be troubling and he was told that it needed to stop.

I still am of the opinion that he got a little too overconfident that no one would believe Bethenny's tale of woe.  He overplayed his hand and lost.   He did it to himself.

• Love 7

If Jason (or his mother) didn't do anything wrong, then he really doesn't have any reason to be bothered by Bethenny suing the trust lawyers.  If they messed up something and it caused a problem, he should not be care that Bethenny  is attempting to seek fair compensation.  He is not on the hook for it.  And he shouldn't need a lawyer to simply show up in court and say what happened.  Most witnesses in court don't feel the need to hire counsel ... unless they fear being accused of wrongdoing, that is...

If Jason is actually upset about the case, I can only assume it is because he knows he did something wrong and doesn't want it to come out. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, shoegal said:

I don't believe the police, the DA or the judge that issued the restraining order have to do anything that Bethenny says....Jason was arrested and charged and a restraining order issued, that's a pretty strong indication that something is wrong with his behavior, but he'll get his chance to defend himself in court.  So far we have seen no evidence that Bethenny is guilty of stalking or harassing Jason.  I have a feeling, though, that no matter what Jason does, somehow Bethenny will still be at fault.  

I agree.   

• Love 3

Can I just say that I have tried recording a former boss once?  It didn't work as planned (I'd never make it as a criminal), but that is how backed into a corner I felt.  I get where Hoppy is coming from - at least on some crazy level!

• Love 6
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

First the DA has to file charges-I haven't seen that.   The DA may not decide to file or review the evidence and indict for more serious offenses.

I am always mindful of my friend the family judge who is fond of saying, "I am the one who get to deal with broken promises."  Parties need to be reminded they weren't always at odds.

I predict that the DA will refuse to file and that all charges against JH will be dropped.  

The victim in this mess is Brynn.

However, I continue to feel sorry for Jason.  He got mixed up with a disturbed, pathological person and instead of thanking God that he's rid of her and has another chance to look for a healthy relationship, Jason might be allowing himself to be eaten alive with fury, betrayal, and divorce-myopia.

I personally believe that Jason was used 100% by Bethenny in her goal to become a solo, breakout reality star living "the fairy tale."  When he thinks back on events, I wouldn't be surprised if Jason sits in a bath of self-hate over having been deceived as he was. Nobody forced J to hook up with B; he walked through the door of no-return all by himself.

However, now he needs to save himself and his daughter.  Jason will never control or redirect B.  He needs to worry about himself and his reactions and behaviors.  If there's an ounce of ambiguity in the child-custody agreement's arrangements, then by all means return to court.

Otherwise, put the blinders on, the earplugs in and keep your eyes on the prize -- your daughter's emotional and mental equilibrium.

I do strongly believe that neither B nor J would like it if one day Brynn announced that she wanted nothing more to do with either parent, ever again.  I've seen it happen many times in my work.  Permanent parent-child estrangement is a tragedy for everybody involved.  

Jason and Bethenny:  Just stop this shit.  Be the bigger person for your only-kid's sake. Brynn deserves your best, most unselfish efforts.

• Love 13

All of the negative inside stuff against Bethenny did not come from Bethenny. 

I saw the photo SHE posted of her stuffed into Brynn's pajamas. 

I heard her announce her miscarriage the DAY BEFORE she announced her talk show.

I heard her cry about Jason on Ellen DeGeneres' show and then later blame Ellen when her self-involved talk show tanked in the ratings.  

And the most telling incident that showed me how she REALLY felt about Jason ... 

when they exchanged their vows and turned to go down the aisle, Bethenny stared at the cameras and started walking BY HERSELF.     

• Love 17
12 hours ago, QuinnM said:

The only thing I saw about it was about the initial filing. And yes she is suing the attorney. But Jason hired him and was a signatory and his mother was the notary. So both will likely be deposed and the attorney might decide to throw them under the bus. In any event they are paying for lawyers and getting ulcers. 

It fits with what he was yelling about all her attorneys etc. 

This article says Bethenny retained him:  http://people.com/celebrity/bethenny-frankel-sues-lawyers-2-million-over-property-dispute-prolonged-divorce/  Very strange on a $5 million purchase one would just signed some papers.  Failure to explain?

Anyway my thought is Jason probably wants no part of Bethenny going after the guy.  It is not as if the guy  is going to say he colluded with Jason.  The attorney is the one with the duty-not Jason and not out of state notary Carol.  

I don't know if my theory holds any validity but I am sure after going on seven years of Bethenny and attorneys (I am counting the ones for pre-nups, and Bethenny's bad faith lawsuit) it is not as if Jason hasn't see Bethenny and her attorneys in action.  So maybe his response isn't all that out of line.

Life with or without Bethenny just seems to be one long series of litigation.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm not interested in the minute deets of this situation, but I do believe this is all coming from Bethenny.  I think she baited him, set a trap for him & he stupidly fell for it.  I worked as a prosecutor in the DA's office here in Manhattan.  I saw cases like this & unless there was evidence of violence involved or "serious" threats  & repeated harrassment (more than few emails a day), they almost always go nowhere.  My prediction is this will too.

I think the worst of Bethenny now because she set that up herself.  She's shown us so many times over she's a liar & she's casually & monstrously & hideously cruel to anyone near her.  Eh, this was an excuse to get her mug in the news.  And garner some sympathy from her fans, along with material for a possible storyline addition to the show.  Yup, that's exactly who Satan Bethenny is & how she thinks.

And Jason?  Well, he didn't look too pleased after the arrest, walking the walk of shame home.  DM showed him in homeless-man dirty sweat pants & covering his mug with a shitty towel.  Look, I know he's not a good guy.  I know that.  And yet, I can't help feeling badly for him.  Well, a little bit anyway.

It can't be easy dealing with Satan Bethenny at all, let alone with any sort of regularity.  We know it isn't.  But he has to find a way to deal with her.  He has way more to lose than she does.  Still think Bethenny is in overdrive, looking for ways to get her mug in the major papers & sites.  That is her main concern.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 11

Does anyone else remember Ramona telling Bethenny that she would screw up her relationship with Jason?  On that walk.  At the time I thought 'Oh, Ramona,  you didn't' but she did.

Part of this whole fiasco may be B saying 'See....it wasn't my fault the relationship didn't work.  It's Jason's.'  

• Love 7
19 hours ago, shoegal said:

I don't believe the police, the DA or the judge that issued the restraining order have to do anything that Bethenny says....Jason was arrested and charged and a restraining order issued, that's a pretty strong indication that something is wrong with his behavior, but he'll get his chance to defend himself in court.  So far we have seen no evidence that Bethenny is guilty of stalking or harassing Jason.  I have a feeling, though, that no matter what Jason does, somehow Bethenny will still be at fault.  

With the caveat that I don't know how this works in NY, in Chicago I will tell you that Judges routinely sign emergency restraining orders on an ex parte basis (we call them protective orders), after a series of incidents where the refusal to sign an order prior to the defendant/estranged husband-boyfriend being notified in advance resulted in him then attacking the woman before the order could be issued.  So if this was ex parte, I'm not necessarily impressed.  In Chicago you can get a protective order pretty easily with a police report (or even without), and the police routinely fill out the reports, even if neither the police or prosecutors file charges or have the defendant arrested.

That said, Jeez these 2 need to move on in their lives and come to some closure and learn how to deal with each other for the sake of their daughter.

• Love 4
(edited)

While I'm really not interested in the lurid details, let's see if we'll get an idea of what's going on here in March.  Don't count on it.  Bethenny is absolutely aware she's being watched.  Oh, I'm sure she'd have NO hesitation of -- not just twisting the judicial system in her favor, but also, any & all media coverage in her favor as well.  And I'm sure she's ordered her expensive shrewd lawyers to follow this tactic.  Will it work?  Yup.  Expensive lawyers are worth the extra dough -- if ya got it.  And Satan B has got it.

Get some therapy, Jason, & find a way to somehow deal with Satan Bethenny.  Otherwise you can easily ruin your life.  Why not write a book?  I hear Radzie knows some pretty good ghostwriters she uses.  Ask her.  Altho if Satan B found out Radzie was talking to Jason, she'd probably beat the shit outta her.  Ah, but that would make for a fun scene for the show, right?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

It is always interesting to me to that Bethenny and Jason paint this picture of torture having to deal with the other parent.  Read up on Tamra Barney Judge and parental alienation.  There may very well come a time when the child says enough and chooses to find solace with one parent.  Tamra was the one with the bigger lawyer fund and it did not go her way.  It is real and it is painful. 

Maybe because Bethenny blamed her mother for not seeing her dad (who had moved across the country) she just feels this is the way a divorce works-dad's disappear and send $500.00 via their secretary for your birthday.  It may just be an alien concept to her that parents separate, divorce and both parents have an equal share in the child's time.  Jason of course has no experience with divorced parents so his reactions are most likely just as skewed. 

• Love 9

I was totally unaware of this situation.....but knowing almost nothing other than what I read in the posts in the last few pages....I have to think Bethenny is at fault. Totally. Unreservedly. She is the tool of Satan (Andy Cohen) and I put nothing past her. Look at how she tried her best to destroy Luann's happiness for a lousy TV show. Look at how she treats people. Just look at her. What a worthless piece of offal. 

The only thing I know about Jason is what I have seen on TV and I really fault his judgment for selling his soul for money and TV stardom.  He was a fool.  Now he is once again reaping the consequences of his folly. 

That poor kid. What a mess.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

And in the discount bins at TJ Maxx & Marshalls by May.

To funny and so true. I refuse to buy any Housewife Offal but B's raspberry sparkler was at the 99c Only Store and because I'm pretty sure by the time it hits there she makes no money from it, I tried it. Tasted like similar diet sparklers and probably less of a chemical after taste than the more popular Ice that I sometimes buy. Not bad. There I said something nice.

I do think her latest lawsuit has involved Jason somehow and that's why he's flipping out. She's out to destroy him. Poor Bryn.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I do think her latest lawsuit has involved Jason somehow and that's why he's flipping out. She's out to destroy him. Poor Bryn.

I agree. I think this is her move to get what she always wanted, sole custody of Bryn. She tried to get that initially during the custody hearings but failed, so I suspect this is her latest ploy to gain it.

• Love 9

If it is such a ploy it is a useless one. Because arguing and fighting with your ex doesn't amount to a hill of beans in terms of custody. That's not how the system works. If it was, in most divorces both parents would lose custody of the kids because they would probably both be guilty of it.

Things would really have to rise to the level of physical violence before it would effect custody.  And even then, not necessarily so. It depends on if your state makes a legal presumption that a spouse guilty of physical violence is a per se risk to the child. If your state doesn't have that presumption built into the statute, then you have to show the child either witnessed or was a victim of the violence. Failing that, you can only hope that the judge will feel emotionally or morally compelled to take the domestic violence into consideration when deciding custody. It's not a given they will do so when it's not legally required.  Many judges are loathe to remove a parent from a child's life despite terrible domestic violence towards their spouse if the child itself has never been physically harmed.  Men who beat the hell out of their wives end up with shared custody every day. 

That being said, it's all essentially irrelevant because there has never been an allegation of physical violence between Bethenny and Jason that I know of. So there is no reason to believe this is some kind of plot by Bethenny to gain sole custody. She's too smart and has too many well-trained lawyers at her disposal to waste her time on such an idle venture.

• Love 6

I  think this is her move to get what she always wanted, sole custody of Bryn.

I think she has been deeply upset that everyone has NOT supported her during the divorce and anything she can do to get the public back on her side ... she will do.  

• Love 4
(edited)

So would it ever (EVER?) cross Satan Bethenny's evil, cruel, thoughtless mind how it might affect her daughter if she sees or hears about her father being arrested?  Nah.

Look, this applies to both of 'em.  They both seem so focused on demonizing each other -- and playing the victim of the other's perceived bad behaivor.  And they BOTH clearly have lost sight on how their OWN behavior has & will affect Bryn.  They're both so fucking self-absorbed.

I was trying to think of a horrible woman Bryn could end up turning into -- directly because of being raised in the middle of this never-ending awfulness.  Need look no further than Satan Bethenny.  Hey, I hope Bryn doesn't turn into another Satan B, but chances ain't good.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So would it ever (EVER?) cross Satan Bethenny's evil, cruel, thoughtless mind how it might affect her daughter if she sees or hears about her father being arrested?  Nah.

Look, this applies to both of 'em.  They both seem so focused on demonizing each other -- and playing the victim of the other's perceived bad behaivor.  And they BOTH clearly have lost sight on how their OWN behavior has & will affect Bryn.  They're both so fucking self-absorbed.

I was trying to think of a horrible woman Bryn could end up turning into -- directly because of being raised in the middle of this never-ending awfulness.  Need look no further than Satan Bethenny.  Hey, I hope Bryn doesn't turn into another Satan B, but chances ain't good.

Let's face it they both have a tendency to be acerbic and it isn't a good look  for any child.  Take two acerbic people and put them at odds with one another and it becomes a nightmare.

Maybe Bryn will just stick out and decide she wants to be something kind in life like a pediatrician or veterinarian.

All I can image is a introduction of a few Bethenny rants from either the show or her radio show it would make the burden of proof regarding her fear of others' words hard to prove up.  This might be an exercise  for the two of them that words hurt.

It still feels like a bit of a storyline as they should be done filming before this goes to court.

• Love 2
On 2/3/2017 at 5:31 PM, Trooper York said:

The only thing I know about Jason is what I have seen on TV and I really fault his judgment for selling his soul for money and TV stardom.  He was a fool.  Now he is once again reaping the consequences of his folly. 

That poor kid. What a mess.

I always remember these articles from early in their history where Jason reveals that when he saw paparazzi taking pictures of her, he decided to approach her. I think Jason was far too interested in fame for his own good. I think he hooked up with the wrongest of wrong people, Bethenny. And I think that the only true victim is Bryn. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/fashion/03night.html

http://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-in-love-with-new-beau/

• Love 2

Sorry but we've seen Beth over a number of years be the great exaggerator.  Jason could have made a ton of money by giving interviews.  He's kept his silence.  Can the same be made for Beth?  You know, the poor girl who was raised by wolves.  The poor girl who bled all over Manhattan?  The poor girl who was tortured because she had to tell Luanne on camera that her boyfriend was cheating on her?  Jason is not perfect.  However, I do give him a lot of credit of keeping his mouth shut while his wife continually slammed him in the press.  Crap.  How frustrating is that?  Beth did everything she could do to destroy him.  Her divorce was torture.  It was hell. 

Beth has always been about winning.  Not about the best interest of her child.  And her child is the biggest loser in all of this.  She doesn't get that.  And I'm sure we'll all hear about this during the next season of RHNY because aren't they filming now?  We'll all hear about her latest stint in hell and the torture she's going through. 

PS - I love when Beth who is so quick to give others advice about how smart she is but then conveniently goes into the I don't know what I signed role.  Give me a break.  

• Love 19
(edited)

Aren't they both legally bound to a great degree on what they can speak publicly about the divorce & custody?  She may have 600 PR girls working non-stop to get her mug into the NY Post or The NY Daily News or Daily Mail, and she may go to events to push the show or her brand, but as far as offering deets on the divorce & custody?  She doesn't.  I assumed she legally can't.  

So if she can't discuss the juicy stuff, then Jason can't either.  So what could he offer interviewers then?  How to be a pharm rep?  No thanks.  Reminds me of the story of how all major publishers turned down Marla Maples' book cuz Trump has nixed her telling any of the juicy stuff we all wanna hear.

It does seem like Jason has kept his trap shut & stayed away from the press & being interviewed.  Doesn't that say something in his favor -- even to the Jason haters?  No matter whether he's legally bound in what he can reveal?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

I don't know what their pre-nup included as far as a confidentiality clause, but I do know Bethenny has written and given "her feelings" type of interviews-she also testified without cross about Jason.  I think he could be as crafty as Bethenny getting his story out if he wanted.  Bethenny has said things such as in her gut she knew the marriage was wrong.  Funny how she did two years of a TV show where she couldn't leave the room without telling Jason how she loved him.

If Jason truly wanted his side out there he could do it through family  and friends and he just hasn't.  It maybe he is trying to save his daughter some embarrassment.  Bethenny did a little of her side with Carole so I do believe court ordered gag orders are pretty ineffective. 

My guess is in the beginning, according to Bethenny, Jason wasn't that interested in being a big part of the BS that is RHONYC.  Then he cooperated and participated and probably enjoyed Bethenny's spin off until it wasn't fun anymore.  I can't imagine anyone not enjoying great work/vacations, nice beach homes, they did live in pretty much in a cracker box, made worse by Bethenny having her assistants and staff in their home during most of the marriage.  I think there was one episode where they moved into their new home.

Just because Bethenny claims Jason became enamored with the fame doesn't make it so.  Bethenny could have all the wealthy trappings she has now and never have to give a radio, magazine or TV appearance or interview again. 

• Love 8

Bethenny is a disgusting exaggerator . I am one hundred percent sure that this fight is about Bethenny being the passive aggressor and Jason blowing his stack finally. By passive aggressor I mean purposefully scheduling riding lessons, piano recitals, doctor appointments, birthday parties etc what have you, on days B is  with mom (and here's they key part) and being passive about sharing when those things are and their outcomes hence the frequent emails. I'm sure she makes it her business so that Brynns happiness and joys of her extra curriculars won't be seen by her father and his side of the family and makes it impossible for Jason to have questions answered like 'Brynn shows interest in violin, do you think she's too young to start"......"I am concerned about something that looks like a brewing ear infection can you keep an eye on it and let me know?"  ...."My cousin is getting married in August can I swap a weekend with you so Brynn can attend with me the family would love to see her?" . These are the real convos you have co parenting and I bet she ignores his emails . Frustrating . They are in brynns best interest . Parenting is more fluid that a custody contract . She's a little human being not a booze line to own, market and profit from and negotiate into success. Why Bethenny draws lines in the sand like she does is beyond me . 

I hope that these frequent emails will show not just what she is screaming about -that they contain threats- but they also contain perfectly reasonable requests from Brynns dad that she ignores, intentionally. 

Bethenny needs to suck it up and put her daughter's health first, keep the peace, and make it about Brynn, not Bethennys bottomless pit of wolf hood needs. One day Brynn will turn her back on her mother for all of this. 

Again, my personal opinion and gut feeling about this whole episode. I am confident Bethenny gave good cause for things to escalate. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 19

I suppose the evidence will show what's what.  My initial reaction is that Bethenny is such a liar.  I don't believe much of what she says.  Her allegations about Jason don't seem genuine to me.  You can't get much lower in my book than her. However, if he is letting her push his buttons and acting inappropriately, then he needs to get his act together.  He knows her by now.  You can't give her the room to falsely accuse.  I hope he has witnesses.  He should never be within her presence or earshot of her without a witness being present.  You can't let your guard down with someone like her. I hope this doesn't end up hurting him on custody.  As long as Bryn is a minor, he has to safeguard against things like this.  Some parents have a Custody Coordinator.  They never communicate with each other, but only through the Custody Coordinator.  I think they should look into it. 

• Love 13
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, sleekandchic said:

do strongly believe that neither B nor J would like it if one day Brynn announced that she wanted nothing more to do with either parent, ever again.  I've seen it happen many times in my work.  Permanent parent-child estrangement is a tragedy for everybody involved.  

Thirty eight years later my nephew still hates his mother  for dragging all of them thru the divorce from hell. They REALLY need  to think about the long term repercussions of their actions....

Edited by Social Piranha
spelling counts
  • Love 9
On 2/5/2017 at 6:39 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethenny needs to suck it up and put her daughter's health first, keep the peace, and make it about Brynn, not Bethennys bottomless pit of wolf hood needs. One day Brynn will turn her back on her mother for all of this. 

I think it is more likely to be Jason who ends up staring at Bryn's back.  He is consumed with hatred for Bethenny and he can't control himself. He is the source of all the drama and confrontations that cause so much tension and upheaval in Bryn's life. Don't think kids don't know who the trouble maker is.  And they don't appreciate it any more than grown ups do.

And eventually Bryn will have a say in where she spends her time.  If Jason can't get a handle on things, he's going to end up being very unappealing company.  He definitely can't go freaking out on Bryn the same way he freaked out on Bethenny if he ends up feeling rejected again, which is what I can see happening.

Because Bryn probably already gets enough guilt dumped on her over not being available to her overly needy grandparents 100% of the time. The last thing she would need is Jason making her feel bad for choosing to do things with her friends when she gets older instead of being with him, on top of being a complete misery to be around in general. Kids often just avoid problem situations like that. Jason needs to keep this in mind.

• Love 12
On 2/5/2017 at 2:52 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Some parents have a Custody Coordinator.  They never communicate with each other, but only through the Custody Coordinator.  I think they should look into it. 

They really should have one. It'll save Bethenny a ton of money that she would otherwise be spending on Bryn's therapy.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

They really should have one. It'll save Bethenny a ton of money that she would otherwise be spending on Bryn's therapy.

Yes.  Plus, often the costs of the custody coordinator is split equally, but, if the coordinator sees that one party is unnecessarily causing excessive calls, complaints, and generally being a nuisance, then they can bill the trouble making parent based on their fault in the matter. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

... if the coordinator sees that one party is unnecessarily causing excessive calls, complaints, and generally being a nuisance, then they can bill the trouble making parent based on their fault in the matter. 

Sounds like a good idea. If Jason actually had to pay by the email or phone call, maybe he would finally stop with all the nonsense. 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes.  Plus, often the costs of the custody coordinator is split equally, but, if the coordinator sees that one party is unnecessarily causing excessive calls, complaints, and generally being a nuisance, then they can bill the trouble making parent based on their fault in the matter. 

A great idea and the best part is a coordinator knows when to tell one party the desired communication is not necessary to exchange custody.  They no longer have the right to annoy each other.  There will come a time when an issue arises and they do need to communicate and realize a lot of time and energy was wasted on minutia and spite.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

A great idea and the best part is a coordinator knows when to tell one party the desired communication is not necessary to exchange custody.  They no longer have the right to annoy each other.  There will come a time when an issue arises and they do need to communicate and realize a lot of time and energy was wasted on minutia and spite.

And cheaper than lawyers! But really SO much better for the child unless of course your goal is to destroy your ex which appears to be the case here.

• Love 5

Social media has made it way too easy for people to type tough. Bethy's response was tame compared to some I've seen when responding to comparable twits/twats.

I doubt this has much to do with Hoppy and that mess.  She is like many women on social media - tough.  She pretty much doesn't care if you don't like what she says.  If you don't like it then get off her feed kinda of thing.  I like some of her shut downs.  This is a good one.

• Love 1

A plea deal rejected. Jason appears a bit...drawn.

Gosh I wonder why he's pushing this.  It's going to cost money.  It's going to bring out all the dirty laundry.  The only thing it really does is draw this out and make Bethenny crazy.  But in the meantime it makes him anxious as well.  Makes him poor.  This isn't costing Bethenny a thing but it's costing the fine folks of New York.

Just odd.  And I agree he looks not well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Gosh I wonder why he's pushing this.  It's going to cost money.  It's going to bring out all the dirty laundry.  The only thing it really does is draw this out and make Bethenny crazy.  But in the meantime it makes him anxious as well.  Makes him poor.  This isn't costing Bethenny a thing but it's costing the fine folks of New York.

Maybe he is fighting this because it is not true, that he is not guilty and if that's the case, I understand why he turned down the soft plea deal.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

bolding mine

I think that's the reason he is fighting this ... it's another way to prolong his war with Bethenny.  It's so destructive.

That being said, I do understand not wanting to be labeled a "harasser" as the plea deal required.  But there is something to be said for taking a three hour anger management class and making all this go away.  It's going to be so expensive and so embarrassing.  At some point is has to just not be worth it any more.  I guess Jason hasn't reached that point yet.  

He looks like hell.  He needs to stop all this and move on. 

• Love 4