Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Was she placed in Foster care?

someone I knew got murdered by her ex husband over a child support payment.

he blew his brain out after a police pursuit over state lines.

These type of custody stories scare the shit out of me. One never knows what one is capable after a while.

I don't know what happened to the little girl. I was scared to know.  In my mind, they changed, she recovered and she lived happily after that.  Sadly, it doesn't happen that way often. 

You are right about people freaking out  over custody.  Now days, the disturbed parent gets angry and kills the whole family, inlaws, siblings, neighbors, officers and even themselves.   IT's risky, imo. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

According to the complaint it was Jason custody day but Brynn was in a recital.  And like you say custody agreements allow for both parents to attend the recital/game events.  But the RO now says that he cannot approach the school.  And I am sure that parents at the school don't want someone becoming agressive and vocal in front of their kids.  The original RO ruling was for 6 months.  So if he doesn't get his day in court by July then it will be extended into the school year again.

Here is what he is being very short sighted about.  If this ruling does not clear him he has given her the opening for supervised visitation.  That's a big thing.  It is also was judges actually ask the spouse to do.  And it doesn't matter who you are ... Brad Pitt.  If you have anger issues then you don't get to be alone with a child.

Unless Bethenny can prove that Jason did something to Bryn, hurt her, then I don't see "supervised visitation" ordered for Jason/Bryn. I see the judge ordering that all communication between the warring parents stop, no phone calls when the other has Bryn, no emails to each other or to their SO/employees/family either. That everything has to go through their lawyers and custody exchanges must be made by neutral parties, not the parents or their employees. If only the judge could order psych help for both Jason and Bethenny (real help, not the Bravo Dr help).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

According to the complaint it was Jason custody day but Brynn was in a recital.  And like you say custody agreements allow for both parents to attend the recital/game events.  But the RO now says that he cannot approach the school.  And I am sure that parents at the school don't want someone becoming agressive and vocal in front of their kids.  The original RO ruling was for 6 months.  So if he doesn't get his day in court by July then it will be extended into the school year again.

Here is what he is being very short sighted about.  If this ruling does not clear him he has given her the opening for supervised visitation.  That's a big thing.  It is also was judges actually ask the spouse to do.  And it doesn't matter who you are ... Brad Pitt.  If you have anger issues then you don't get to be alone with a child.

In any event criminal court is not where child custody is litigated.

I have a bit of an issue-in late November, Dennis Shields had a cease and desist letter sent to Hoppy.  He had been cc'd on e-mails to Bethenny.  It would indicate to me, that Dennis has no desire to be in communication with Jason Hoppy.  Two months later Dennis shows up at the child's school knowing Jason would be present?  Sounds a little off to me.  Here is what Jason said: "Okay, I see.  This is how you want to do this.  Okay you can play your game.  It doesn't matter you can get 10 lawyers.  There is nothing you can do to stop me.  You'll be sorry.  You have been warned. I can't help it.  She is pure evil.  You've been warned.  Don't say I didn't warn you."  So it seems to me the conversation was directed at Dennis and may have had more to do with Dennis being at the school than anything else.  (Did Dennis record the conversation with Jason.  If not this seems like an incredible recall.  Did Dennis say anything in between?)

There were no threats of violence, Jason wasn't drunk and apparently not threatening anything more than litigation.  I am disappointed that Dennis who made a C&D public would then put himself in the company of Jason.  Arrogant.  Add to the fact two weeks later Bethenny was giving interviews her relationship with Dennis wasn't all that others made a bigger deal over the relationship than she and he is married.http://people.com/celebrity/bethenny-frankel-skipping-valentines-day-boyfriend-dennis-shields/  Normally when a third party is very involved in the child's life such as a fiancé, step parent, I side with the person who has moved on with their life and think the other should get over it.  In this case there was no real reason for this Dennis goon to be at the school.  I feel there may have been a bit of goading going on.

Brad and Angelina's custody agreements have all been by agreement there was no court order.  By agreement they are using a therapist to facilitate the arrangement.  Brad is now alone with the children.  In their case Brad went off (intoxicated) on one of the children. 

I agree Jason is being short sighted by not moving on but I do respect his constitutional right to defend himself against criminal charges.  I do not see a judge ordering supervised visits because Jason writes snotty e-mails.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't know about Jason, but,  Bethenny has described how she's been in therapy for most of her adult life.  She's always been blunt about that.  She's even joked about how it hasn't helped much.  I don't pretend to know her condition, but, some things aren't amenable to treatment.  Just saying....

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
(edited)
35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't know about Jason, but,  Bethenny has described how she's been in therapy for most of her adult life.  She's always been blunt about that.  She's even joked about how it hasn't helped much.  I don't pretend to know her condition, but, some things aren't amenable to treatment.  Just saying....

OTOH, how would she be if she never had therapy?

It is  very likely that she goes to the type of therapists who just stroke her ego and when they get close to any real work she quits, Imo.

same as when she says that she has been doing yoga for 20 years. Yes she flexible but she is anything but zen.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I see the judge ordering that all communication between the warring parents stop, no phone calls when the other has Bryn, no emails to each other or to their SO/employees/family either. That everything has to go through their lawyers and custody exchanges must be made by neutral parties, not the parents or their employees. If only the judge could order psych help for both Jason and Bethenny (real help, not the Bravo Dr help).

This seems like this would be great for Bethenny - no contact with Jason whatsoever. It kind of sounds like how things have ended up with Camille and Kelsey (though it's Kelsey's doing - and to Camille's chagrin). But if Bethenny is so bothered by Jason's harassment, I would think she would want a situation where no direct contact is allowed or required.

• Love 5

My question is that if kids are so resilient, why are there so many f'd up adults walking around.   I think that adults like to say that kids are resilient. They'll be okay, don't worry.....well.....I don't necessarily agree with that.  

I know 30 year old people, who have to divide their wedding reception into 2 parts.  Part I so their mother can attend.  Then, Part II so mother can leave and daddy can attend. They can't be in the same reception hall at the same time.  It's been over 20 years since the divorce.  When you grow up with that kind of thing........not good. I don't think that I would play that game, but, I've never been in that situation, so, I can't tell the bride how to manage her reception.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My question is that if kids are so resilient, why are there so many f'd up adults walking around.   I think that adults like to say that kids are resilient. They'll be okay, don't worry.....well.....I don't necessarily agree with that.  

I know 30 year old people, who have to divide their wedding reception into 2 parts.  Part I so their mother can attend.  Then, Part II so mother can leave and daddy can attend. They can't be in the same reception hall at the same time.  It's been over 20 years since the divorce.  When you grow up with that kind of thing........not good. I don't think that I would play that game, but, I've never been in that situation, so, I can't tell the bride how to manage her reception.

People say that kids are resilient to assuage their guilt in fucking up said children. Period.

When a professional said that it is to pacify their clients.

Kids get hurt all the time, Imo.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Unless Bethenny can prove that Jason did something to Bryn, hurt her, then I don't see "supervised visitation" ordered for Jason/Bryn. I see the judge ordering that all communication between the warring parents stop, no phone calls when the other has Bryn, no emails to each other or to their SO/employees/family either. That everything has to go through their lawyers and custody exchanges must be made by neutral parties, not the parents or their employees. If only the judge could order psych help for both Jason and Bethenny (real help, not the Bravo Dr help).

I agree no need for supervised visitation.

As to significant others, first they need to be significant in the child's life not just there to irritate or drive a point home.  Some married guy with five kids is probably not at the significant phase in Bryn's life. Oh wait, Bethenny said as much-it was the world making more of it than it really was.

2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I'm still  wondering how Jason got Shields' email address.....

I wondered that as well and why Dennis could not just block his e-mails if he was bothered by them.  I wonder if Bethenny cc'd Dennis as well.  These things are not difficult unless you want to make them so.

• Love 8

Jeez people... at some point Beth needs to ask herself why every personal relationship of hers meets the same bitter end. And bitter might be an understatement. Andy why so many of her professional relationships end up in legal cases, people no longer acknowledging her (I see you Martha Stewart) or Beth actively taunting the other party.

I think she would actually be well served by Al Anon. I know its not as great of cocktail conversation as a high end psychologist or self help mantra and it definitely will be an all walks of life type group of people. But it has helped many people learn to both cope and adjust their behavior to have healthy relationships.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

If they do have a gag order, (and if they don't, then kadooz to Jason for not blabbing all over the www), I wonder if clips like that above ^ could be held against her?

Yea, I don't know if there is actually a gag order. Has anyone with any knowledge of the situation ever said that, or is it just implied? I posted an article in Beth's thread from a couple of years ago where Jason threatened to sue Beth because of things she had said on WWHL. He threatened, but he never followed through on it. His attorney said they were looking into it. Makes me wonder if any such gag order actually exists. 

• Love 2

I wondered that as well and why Dennis could not just block his e-mails if he was bothered by them.  I wonder if Bethenny cc'd Dennis as well.  These things are not difficult unless you want to make them so.

Very easy - He works in a high position at a company.  You go to the company website and get his email.  Or you look at everyone else's and figure his out, dennis.shields@bigcompany.com.  Then you cc him.  And if he blocks you, sends you to spam since you can't really block from a standard email server, then you get a new email at gmail.com, and another and another.  I believe that he was sending to Dennis's business account.  And if they are handling money deals on that account it's not as easy as blocking since these accounts generally have audit guidelines.

And here are the kinds of phrases that get you supervised custody until cleared by a shrink.

• You think you hurt now just wait.
  • I will take everything that means anything to you.
  • You'll never see your daughter again.

The courts always side with the child's safety.  You don't have to have video of the parent striking the child. If Jason said anything about Brynn she may end up with her own court appointed attorney. 

And we will see it all.  This is a criminal proceeding.  So he would have to petition for a closed courtroom and that's hard to get.  There were camera's at the original date since the tabloids had him breaking out into a big smile when they delayed the case.  Now will I get to see all the emails?  Probably not.  But I'll get to see the worst ones.  But I can always hope that they submit allllll of them as evidence and that TMZ will see fit to have their court guy sift through them to show me the really bad ones.  I'm going to hell in a hand basket. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

As mentioned above, this is a really easy thing to do. He knows where he works, so figuring out his email address is fairly easy to accomplish. Might take a couple of tries to see if it is Dennis_Shields or D.Sheilds or something like that, but certainly anyone could quickly get it. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

For someone who does not hesitate to call someone every name in the book on TV, announces she called her mother because Bryn wanted to speak to her after 15 years of not speaking to her, met up with a long ago step-father after 20 plus years, after describing how he physically abused her mother was a drug addict and gambler, deeply in debt on the run, I am thinking Bethenny should be able to shoulder being called Bernadette.  This is so petty.   Jason also called her old and aging, and not a good look.  Why can't Bethenny handle these comments?  She has made many comments about Ramona's face and looks this season.  She claims Jason "stole" her money.  She can dish out very publicly but melts when she gets a nasty text?  Ridiculous.

Yes, it is petty. Beyond petty for him to call her Bernadette. Beyond petty for him and his father to walk around in their underwear. Beyond petty to shit in the toilet and just leave it there. Petty to take her dog away and not tell her. Petty to inundate her with emails, along with Dennis and her employees. It is all petty BS, and all of it (well, except now the emails) done without the view of the public. Beth does her work out in the open. No secrets there. She isn't pretending to be something she is not. Like her or not, she isn't going to fake it so that the audience will like her. Worried about future custody - she will still call someone a whore for the whole world to see.  She isn't trying to hide stuff, but Jason seems like he is. He plays with her. Does things that will have a lot of folks saying "well, that's not such a big deal". Who cares about some emails? Grow a thicker skin Beth. Take the dog away? Big deal, the dog bites and she is a big baby for being upset about it. Doesn't flush the toilet? Who cares, lots of people have it worse.  Some people have cancer or a husband that knocks them around. Get with the picture Beth. But this is what these kinds of people do. They fuck with you like this. They do the things that they know will hurt you, but could easily be viewed by others as not such a big thing. It's psychological and maniuplative. Its harmful and if someone was doing these things covertly to you, trying very hard to appear as someone different to the world but trying to find ways to hurt you at your core, it would absolutely scare you to think they had your kid 15 days out of the month. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yes, it is petty. Beyond petty for him to call her Bernadette. Beyond petty for him and his father to walk around in their underwear. Beyond petty to shit in the toilet and just leave it there. Petty to take her dog away and not tell her. Petty to inundate her with emails, along with Dennis and her employees. It is all petty BS, and all of it (well, except now the emails) done without the view of the public. Beth does her work out in the open. No secrets there. She isn't pretending to be something she is not. Like her or not, she isn't going to fake it so that the audience will like her. Worried about future custody - she will still call someone a whore for the whole world to see.  She isn't trying to hide stuff, but Jason seems like he is. He plays with her. Does things that will have a lot of folks saying "well, that's not such a big deal". Who cares about some emails? Grow a thicker skin Beth. Take the dog away? Big deal, the dog bites and she is a big baby for being upset about it. Doesn't flush the toilet? Who cares, lots of people have it worse.  Some people have cancer or a husband that knocks them around. Get with the picture Beth. But this is what these kinds of people do. They fuck with you like this. They do the things that they know will hurt you, but could easily be viewed by others as not such a big thing. It's psychological and maniuplative. Its harmful and if someone was doing these things covertly to you, trying very hard to appear as someone different to the world but trying to find ways to hurt you at your core, it would absolutely scare you to think they had your kid 15 days out of the month. 

But then again, this info regarding Jason's behavior is coming from Beth - The Great Exaggerator.  She is a pretender - torture, hell, dungeon, orphan, etc.  Given her MO, I think her declarations about Jason are greatly exaggerated.

• Love 9
(edited)

I believe the term floating about the atmosphere is gaslighting. Jason seems pretty adept at gaslighting.

And it works because Bethenny is so abrasive that Jason gets the benefit of the doubt even with knowledge that he's an asshole. You call me the name of someone with whom you KNOW I've had a contentious relationship? You're being hurtful...and an asshole.  

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Having been through something with a person who was psychologically abusive and manipulative it is a HUGE mindfuck and you feel like you are losing it (and honestly you kind of do).  Someone who in the public is one way and in private another.  It is very damaging.  Hearing but so and so has it much worse negates what you are going through.  It is serious to you and no one can take it away.  These types also have the ability to ruin your reputation because they do their shit behind the scenes and when you react or try to get help its blown off and you are told to buck up.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I have a feeling if she cuts him a check with lots and lots of zeroes at the end of it (at least six), his behavior would change greatly.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

But then again, this info regarding Jason's behavior is coming from Beth - The Great Exaggerator.  She is a pretender - torture, hell, dungeon, orphan, etc.  Given her MO, I think her declarations about Jason are greatly exaggerated.

But don't you think there is a big difference in exaggerating and lying? In the articles where she has said she has been in hell she goes on to talk about the shit in the toilet, or the dog getting taken away. So people can make the decision for themselves if they think having shit in the toilet is really hell or not. She might use hyperbole to explain the emotions, but she doesn't seem to throw out allegations of assault or things like that. If she were going to accuse him of things, seems like she would accuse him of things that would get everyone all riled up. Shit, at least 75% of the people on this forum usually have some type of excuse for whatever thing it is she said he has done. Reasons why such behavior isn't actually a big deal and shouldn't piss her off. Why not exaggerate and get more folks on your side? 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But don't you think there is a big difference in exaggerating and lying? In the articles where she has said she has been in hell she goes on to talk about the shit in the toilet, or the dog getting taken away. So people can make the decision for themselves if they think having shit in the toilet is really hell or not. She might use hyperbole to explain the emotions, but she doesn't seem to throw out allegations of assault or things like that. If she were going to accuse him of things, seems like she would accuse him of things that would get everyone all riled up. Shit, at least 75% of the people on this forum usually have some type of excuse for whatever thing it is she said he has done. Reasons why such behavior isn't actually a big deal and shouldn't piss her off. Why not exaggerate and get more folks on your side? 

Claiming he said something nasty/cruel to her is far easier for her to do, while much harder for him to disprove, than claiming he hit/assaulted her. And, someone can exaggerate to the extent it becomes a lie and IMO, Bethenny does this all the time.

• Love 8
(edited)

I really dislike Beth but I have come around to how scary Jason is.  I cannot remember where I first saw this, but yesterday, I read through his Twitter.  He seems unstable to me, like he hasn't moved on at all, like he's stoking his anger, but he's vaguely aware that that's a bad look, so he's playing like his account is a parody.  It isn't.  He's included, if you look from the first tweet to now, her alleged surgeries, her alleged Adderall* and HgH use, opinions about her relationship with Bernadette -- NONE of that is called for.  I'm (stupidly, admittedly) shocked.  He loved her.  This shit is untoward.  It's not toward.  They share a daughter.   

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehoppydiaries?lang=en

* but am simultaneously grossed out by her daring to comment on Jules and Adderall.  Heal thyself and all that.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 3

You know what's so funny to me, with all this conversation about Jason is essentially being lied on by Bethenny because Bethenny is caustic and hyperbolic, is that I recall when she and Jason spoke about first meeting each other. He approached her (a relative stranger to him) to say something like, "You need to take the stick out of your ass," or "You need someone to help you take the stick out of your ass" (I forget the exact phrasing).

It seemed to have intrigued Bethenny since they did start seeing each other, but the point that I'm making is that a cool, chill, relaxed guy isn't going to use some Pick-Up Artist type bull shit of "negging" first to engage a woman. That he could do such a thing to a woman he didn't know from Adam says to me that he's quite capable of being an even bigger asshole in the confines of their home. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I really dislike Beth but I have come around to how scary Jason is.  I cannot remember where I first saw this, but yesterday, I read through his Twitter.  He seems unstable to me, like he hasn't moved on at all, like he's stoking his anger, but he's vaguely aware that that's a bad look, so he's playing like his account is a parody.  It isn't.  He's included, if you look from the first tweet to now, her alleged surgeries, her alleged Adderall* and HgH use, opinions about her relationship with Bernadette -- NONE of that is called for.  I'm (stupidly, admittedly) shocked.  He loved her.  This shit is untoward.  It's not toward.  They share a daughter.   

* but am simultaneously grossed out by her daring to comment on Jules and Adderall.  Heal thyself and all that.

It isn't Jason! LOL

2 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

You know what's so funny to me, with all this conversation about Jason is essentially being lied on by Bethenny because Bethenny is caustic and hyperbolic, is that I recall when she and Jason spoke about first meeting each other. He approached her (a relative stranger to him) to say something like, "You need to take the stick out of your ass," or "You need someone to help you take the stick out of your ass" (I forget the exact phrasing).

It seemed to have intrigued Bethenny since they did start seeing each other, but the point that I'm making is that a cool, chill, relaxed guy isn't going to use some Pick-Up Artist type bull shit of "negging" first to engage a woman. That he could do such a thing to a woman he didn't know from Adam says to me that he's quite capable of being an even bigger asshole in the confines of their home. 

I think both of them are guilty of bad behavior but we know Bethenny's MO far better than we do Jason, so I have no problem cutting him some slack.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I have a feeling if she cuts him a check with lots and lots of zeroes at the end of it (at least six), his behavior would change greatly.

Unfortunately, her stubbornness, greed and need to control won't allow B to get rid of her problem.

OTOH, I do not get the idea that he would be abusive to his daughter.

Although, it can be argued that by hurting the mother, he also hurts the child.

8 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Why did she fall for him?

he should have been a one night stand at best.

was he really that great in bed?

• Love 2

That he could do such a thing to a woman he didn't know from Adam says to me that he's quite capable of being an even bigger asshole in the confines of their home. 

And he probably was.

Unfortunately, her stubbornness, greed and need to control won't allow B to get rid of her problem.

Yeah, I suppose Jason being an asshole isn't something she can control, nor should she really need to pay off.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

OTOH, I do not get the idea that he would be abusive to his daughter.

Although, it can be argued that by hurting the mother, he also hurts the child.

Bethenny is dysfunctional. That's really the long and short of it, if you ask me. It seems like she was first intrigued by this random guy coming up and having the balls, so to speak, to say that to her. That, of course, must have gotten old fast.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

And he probably was.

Yeah, I suppose Jason being an asshole isn't something she can control, nor should she really need to pay off.

Such a short sighted POV from her part,  life is too short and money comes and goes.

9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It isn't Jason! LOL

I think both of them are guilty of bad behavior but we know Bethenny's MO far better than we do Jason, so I have no problem cutting him some slack.

Not trying to show off my densensss but are we sure it's not him?   I think it is him.  Just putting it out there!

• Love 2

Such a short sighted POV from her part,  life is too short and money comes and goes.

Possibly, but at the same time, assholes shouldn't be rewarded for their asshole behavior.

• Love 5

Possibly, but at the same time, assholes shouldn't be rewarded for their asshole behavior.

Plus just like with all blackmail, where is the guarantee he won't keep coming back for more?

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I don't think that's his real twitter account.

• Love 9
(edited)

I think that there was quite a whirlwind of activities and emotions when B and J got together.  IMO, if it's possible, watching all of the Bethenny reality show episodes would help.  As well as the last season that she was on Housewives.  I think that may give you a solid basis of what some of us are talking about.  I used to read critical things about B and I was such a fan.  I didn't understand what people meant.  After seeing her on her own show.  This is what SHE put out there, I totally changed my take on her.  It took her own show for me to get it.  It's hard to explain, but, to see her, Jason, friends, assistants, family, etc.  it said a lot about them both.   It was hard to watch towards the end, though.  (I think the shows were called Bethenny Ever After and Bethenny.)

I'm not a B hater. I try to avoid that kind of attack, since, it's not helpful to anyone.  I don't like to diss her for sport, like I see some people do some times, but, I do have to be honest about how my opinion of her changed.  That happened BEFORE Jason became disenchanted with her.  So, it's not what he said about her that turned me off.  It was all her. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Not trying to show off my densensss but are we sure it's not him?   I think it is him.  Just putting it out there!

Go back to the first tweet and then read through them. It really isn't him. LOL

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Yeah, I remember reading an article, in the Times, about how they met. He admits that he knew who she was and why she was famous and negged her to get her attention.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/fashion/03night.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/arts/television/10bethenny.html

I think sometimes we like to paint him as some naif who is the victim of Bethenny, but reality is more complex than that. Jason knew she was caustic and famous and still decided to date her. He knew she was manipulative and terrible and decided to marry her and have a kid with her. She's awful, but it wasn't like she was hiding any of this from him or the world. Hell, if he wanted to know what she was like before they had gone on a single date, he could have bought episodes on iTunes. He made choices that got him to the exact place and position he's in right now.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

If it isn't him, it's someone with waaaaaay too much time on their hands.

Sadly, quite a few HWs and their husbands/SO have had fake SM accounts taken out in their names. Yes, some viewers have way too much time on their hands.

• Love 7
(edited)

You make some excellent points, HunerHunted about Jason picking her.  He was thinking that things would not go south.  

When people balk at the suggestion that they get a Premarital Agreement, I recall the saying....."YOU NEVER DIVORCE THE SAME PERSON THAT YOU MARRIED."   LOL  It's often very true.  Jason may have known how she was with some situations, but, I don't think he realized it could be turned on him.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

As someone above said this is by-the-book gaslighting. The idea is to make the other person look like the crazy unreasonable one and it's especially easy to do with already abrasive personalities. 

1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Me too. At least for a little while. 

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Claiming he said something nasty/cruel to her is far easier for her to do, while much harder for him to disprove, than claiming he hit/assaulted her. And, someone can exaggerate to the extent it becomes a lie and IMO, Bethenny does this all the time.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait for him to hit her to believe that his behavior is abusive? Oh. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Yeah, I remember reading an article, in the Times, about how they met. He admits that he knew who she was and why she was famous and negged her to get her attention.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/fashion/03night.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/arts/television/10bethenny.html

I think sometimes we like to paint him as some naif who is the victim of Bethenny, but reality is more complex than that. Jason knew she was caustic and famous and still decided to date her. He knew she was manipulative and terrible and decided to marry her and have a kid with her. She's awful, but it wasn't like she was hiding any of this from him or the world. Hell, if he wanted to know what she was like before they had gone on a single date, he could have bought episodes on iTunes. He made choices that got him to the exact place and position he's in right now.

How many women convince themselves that she is going to help/change the guy? I see Jason thinking the same thing, I also see him liking/being attracted to a smart, funny, challenging woman, not some woman that will bat her eyelashes and play dumb to get the guy.
That said, where in either of your links does Jason say he knew who she was? Nowhere does it say he watched the HW show or the MS show. It quotes him as saying he "saw Ms. Frankel getting attention from photographers, he said, and walked up and said something unprintable. She liked that.", not that he watched either of the shows. IMO, Jason saw a pretty, confident, funny woman and wanted to date her the night they met, nothing more.

• Love 4

I have shown my gullibility bigly here...to me the account was credible unlike the obviously parodic Donn Gunvalson and Lee Radziwill accounts - those are funny.  In this one, for instance, the person compliments a Potomac Housewife for playing college ball, posts a pic of Carol Hoppy holding Bryn with a sincere reading Happy Mothers Day message - I can accept it's not him if I must but it reads to me still like it is, with the plausibile deniability of him/whoever putting in the parody disclaimer.  It's disturbing in any event!

• Love 3
Just now, Otherkate said:

As someone above said this is by-the-book gaslighting. The idea is to make the other person look like the crazy unreasonable one and it's especially easy to do with already abrasive personalities. 

Me too. At least for a little while. 

Well, I guess we'll have to wait for him to hit her to believe that his behavior is abusive? Oh. 

Please, that is not what I said or implied, NOT AT ALL!

1 minute ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I have shown my gullibility bigly here...to me the account was credible unlike the obviously parodic Donn Gunvalson and Lee Radziwill accounts - those are funny.  In this one, for instance, the person compliments a Potomac Housewife for playing college ball, posts a pic of Carol Hoppy holding Bryn with a sincere reading Happy Mothers Day message - I can accept it's not him if I must but it reads to me still like it is, with the plausibile deniability of him/whoever putting in the parody disclaimer.  It's disturbing in any event!

None of the photos are private photos, they are photog/paps photos or culled form Bravo's web page. It really isn't him but it is someone that dislikes Bethenny big time.

• Love 10

But saying that Bethenny lies all the time could imply she is lying about any verbal or emotional abuse. And that unless she shows up with signs of physical abuse, then any claims of abuse on her end should be discounted.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I'm going to make a really tortured sports analogy, tortured because I don't know anything about sports. But say you're at bat in baseball, it's the bottom of the eighth inning and you're the last at bat. You're team is down by a decent amount, but you have two runners on base. The pitcher keeps throwing garbage pitches and though you know you shouldn't swing at them, you do because you feel like you might never catch up if you don't. And you certainly don't know if the ninth inning will be any better. Basically Bethenny and Jason are the batter who swung at a pitch that didn't seem too terrible, but was ultimately pretty bad.

Both Bethenny and Jason wanted to be married and have a kid. They were at the stage in their lives when that was absolutely in their 5 year plan. I think they liked each other well enough, but Bethenny and Jason ignored some of the more troubling issues with each other. I think he thought she was a more candid and successful version of the sort of no nonsense New York women he had been dating for 20 or so years. She's not. I think she thought that he was basically a completely supportive beta male. Though his negging should have been a sign that the passive aggressive is strong with this one. They saw each other as a person who hit more checkboxes than not, they were getting to be an age that the options weren't getting better, and they wanted kids so the choice was "why not" and not "we love, respect, and support each other."

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm going to make a really tortured sports analogy, tortured because I don't know anything about sports. But say you're at bat in baseball, it's the bottom of the eighth inning and you're the last at bat. You're team is down by a decent amount, but you have two runners on base. The pitcher keeps throwing garbage pitches and though you know you shouldn't swing at them, you do because you feel like you might never catch up if you don't. And you certainly don't know if the ninth inning will be any better. Basically Bethenny and Jason are the batter who swung at a pitch that didn't seem too terrible, but was ultimately pretty bad.

Both Bethenny and Jason wanted to be married and have a kid. They were at the stage in their lives when that was absolutely in their 5 year plan. I think they liked each other well enough, but Bethenny and Jason ignored some of the more troubling issues with each other. I think he thought she was a more candid and successful version of the sort of no nonsense New York women he had been dating for 20 or so years. She's not. I think she thought that he was basically a completely supportive beta male. Though his negging should have been a sign that the passive aggressive is strong with this one. They saw each other as a person who hit more checkboxes than not, they were getting to be an age that the options weren't getting better, and they wanted kids so the choice was "why not" and not "we love, respect, and support each other."

I could believe that had Bethenny not tried to blame others, including Andy/Bravo, for going through with the wedding despite her "gut instincts" against getting married. I really think Bethenny got married because she saw it as the best possible move for her TV career, current as well as future, not because she loved/was in love with Jason and wanted to make/be a family with him. As for Jason, I think he did love her as well as having stars in his eyes for their future on TV.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I could believe that had Bethenny not tried to blame others, including Andy/Bravo, for going through with the wedding despite her "gut instincts" against getting married. I really think Bethenny got married because she saw it as the best possible move for her TV career, current as well as future, not because she loved/was in love with Jason and wanted to make/be a family with him. As for Jason, I think he did love her as well as having stars in his eyes for their future on TV.

Bethenny was not always an angel when living with Jason post the divorce letter.  She threw water on him while he was sleeping, screamed he was white trash, had an on going dialogue with the press of their divorce.  So I don't think not flushing the toilet-was it once or 50 times, or having men stroll through their residence while a camera crew is there is all that tough. 

As to the marriage, I think it is fairly simple, Bethenny got rich and wanted to troll for someone more of her ilk.  Bethenny wanted to run with the A-list, move to LA and now she parties with Jamie Fox's crew and has Christina Aguilera as a party guest.  That has to beat the hell out of hanging with Bob and Carole once a month.  She has said she only dates guys with private jets now.  Her life took a major change and I do believe in her heart she thought Jason was the down to earth guy and would be suitable father material-which we have heard nothing to the contrary.   Bethenny is very verbal and because of that I don't think she realizes at times she can be irreparably abrasive.  Bethenny was pregnant with baby number two less than six  months before the separated-it could not have been all that bad with Jason.  It also sounded to me like Jason was never going to be able to compete with her success and wasn't all that thrilled to carry her purse.

After watching Bethenny through two Jasons and now Dennis, I think there is that hopeful romantic part of Bethenny that loves being in love and she just hasn't learned the going the distance part.  One thing I am quite certain of-it is wasted airtime for her to be giving relationship advice or even observations.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny was not always an angel when living with Jason post the divorce letter.  She threw water on him while he was sleeping, screamed he was white trash, had an on going dialogue with the press of their divorce.  So I don't think not flushing the toilet-was it once or 50 times, or having men stroll through their residence while a camera crew is there is all that tough. 

As to the marriage, I think it is fairly simple, Bethenny got rich and wanted to troll for someone more of her ilk.  Bethenny wanted to run with the A-list, move to LA and now she parties with Jamie Fox's crew and has Christina Aguilera as a party guest.  That has to beat the hell out of hanging with Bob and Carole once a month.  She has said she only dates guys with private jets now.  Her life took a major change and I do believe in her heart she thought Jason was the down to earth guy and would be suitable father material-which we have heard nothing to the contrary.   Bethenny is very verbal and because of that I don't think she realizes at times she can be irreparably abrasive.  Bethenny was pregnant with baby number two less than six  months before the separated-it could not have been all that bad with Jason.  It also sounded to me like Jason was never going to be able to compete with her success and wasn't all that thrilled to carry her purse.

After watching Bethenny through two Jasons and now Dennis, I think there is that hopeful romantic part of Bethenny that loves being in love and she just hasn't learned the going the distance part.  One thing I am quite certain of-it is wasted airtime for her to be giving relationship advice or even observations.

I have always thought that the failure of their marriage was on both of them. They didn't really know each other well and were old enough to know better when they got married. They were not a good match, which I thought evident from the beginning. The whole deal with the grandparents wanting to be with them all the time drove me nuts. I can see an issue like this coming up out of the blue from two young people getting married, but they both should have had these types of discussions before they got to a place where it was an issue. They didn't take the time to really figure anything out. I like Beth, but this is as much her fault as it is Jason's. But it didn't have to be tragic. People marry the wrong people and get divorced all the time. That is just the way it happens. IMO Jason is the one who has prolonged all of the other shit. Could she have just written him the check he wanted? I've no idea and as far as I know no one else does either. I cannot imagine having any respect for a dude that refuses to leave a marital home where he is not loved or wanted. Where he is not paying the bills and seems as miserable as the other party. How could that possibly be good for the child? Everything I have ever read says that while divorce is hard on kids, living in a toxic environment with parents who detest each other is a bigger harm. And there is no doubt in my mind that he caused that toxic environment by refusing to leave a place where he was not wanted. From then on it's been nothing but one thing after another and I cannot imagine a world where he is considered anything except a total and complete d-bag. Which is not to say that Beth is perfect. I do not think that she is. But I do think that he is the one who has prolonged their issues time and time again. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think there are problems with exaggerating and lying in the context of the situation.  It's one thing to embellish a funny story.  It's another to exaggerate what would be considered a serious situation with serious consequences.  IMO, Beth has crossed the line from exaggeration into lying and insults those who really have been through hell, been tortured, or is an orphan. 

As for shit being in the toilet, the truth is that Beth never revealed how many times Jason left poop in the toilet.  Was it once?  Was it ten times?  Fifty?  Or  was it 'that' occasion when the flush didn't flush everything?  She didn't say and unfortunately, she shut down the custody testimony before that question could be asked.

As for not using the word assault, I'm actually surprised she hasn't used it in the context of verbal assault.  

In any event, I really enjoy debating with you.  It's always interesting when we posters can agree so much on one housewife (you and me on Kyle) and then disagree on another housewife.   

• Love 7
(edited)

Throwing water on someone while they're sleeping constitutes a pretty significant contribution to escalating and perpetuating a toxic environment IMO no matter if they're due "respect" and/or their masculinity remains legitimate. 

If someone threw a substance on Bethenny while she was asleep, I have no doubt that it would be the most savage physical brutalization and violation anyone had ever endured. 

In certain jurisdictions, it is arguably battery. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 10