Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Cool. Does your husband give you funny Christmas stuff? 

Every now and then he does. He usually gets me something funny from the cats - rubber bands because one of cats considered that fine dining, a crazy cat lady doll, a lint brush...

• Love 3
(edited)

How old is Bryn? Like how can this custody battle still be going on it’s crazy. I feel like Bryn will graduate high school and no decision will ever be made on custody lol. 

Edited by Marley
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Marley said:

How old is Bryn? Like how can this custody battle still be going on it’s crazy. I feel like Bryn will graduate high school and no decision will ever be made on custody lol. 

She's 9 I think. There is going to come a time soon when Bryn has social media of her own and WILL want this press and online stuff to stop. That's when it will end, in my estimation.  Parents get very embarrassing in the tween years! Bryn can voice she wants it to stop. 

I wonder what that girl will think when she sees her dad essentially never said a word online, Compared to Bethenny's penchant for "mentioning it all."

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

She's 9 I think. There is going to come a time soon when Bryn has social media of her own and WILL want this press and online stuff to stop. That's when it will end, in my estimation.  Parents get very embarrassing in the tween years! Bryn can voice she wants it to stop. 

I wonder what that girl will think when she sees her dad essentially never said a word online, Compared to Bethenny's penchant for "mentioning it all."

It wouldn't be a shocker if Bethenny and Bryn end up like Tamra and her daughter Sidney.

Of course it all would be blamed on Jason.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

I think the parents are strategizing and manipulating for when Bryn is allowed by the courts to decide where she wants to live. "Pick me!" "No! Pick me!"

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think the parents are strategizing and manipulating for when Bryn is allowed by the courts to decide where she wants to live. "Pick me!" No! Pick me!"

Ha! I can hear the argument now: "Mommy takes you to Boston, The Hamptons, Miami, Malibu, and tropical islands. Daddy takes you to Hazelton.

Edited by SweetieDarling
eta: there is nothing wrong with Hazelton. Lots of fun things to do in the Poconos
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, smores said:

It never ceases to amaze me how anything Jason says or does is altruistic.  So while I'm sure it will be explained away:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bethenny-frankels-ex-jason-hoppy-mocks-her-jewish-faith-during-custody-trial

"“‘Is everything okay? You seem very upset. And oh yeah, happy holidays,'” Frankel’s attorney Allan Mayefsky said, reading the text from Hoppy."

"In another text, he said, “apparently you’re now Jewish,” with a laughing emoji."

Yeah, the first one doesn't seem that bad, at least for people who hate each other.  I suppose the second one is worse, although since B has claimed not to be religious, I could see where he might assume she was now just claiming to be religious in order to seem better for the court, or to begin a debate about whether their daughter should be raised Catholic or Jewish.  And since she agreed their daughter would be baptized Catholic, that debate should be over. 

I don't get the idea she was baptized, but then they would wait til she was 12 to introduce her to religion?

Worst for him is if he really did start her on CCD classes without talking to B, if the joint custody agmt required him to discuss this with her first.  Since the child was baptized, I'm not sure it applies though, as CCD classes are typical for Catholic children who do not attend Catholic school.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

"“‘Is everything okay? You seem very upset. And oh yeah, happy holidays,'” Frankel’s attorney Allan Mayefsky said, reading the text from Hoppy."

"In another text, he said, “apparently you’re now Jewish,” with a laughing emoji."

Yeah, the first one doesn't seem that bad, at least for people who hate each other.  I suppose the second one is worse, although since B has claimed not to be religious, I could see where he might assume she was now just claiming to be religious in order to seem better for the court, or to begin a debate about whether their daughter should be raised Catholic or Jewish.  And since she agreed their daughter would be baptized Catholic, that debate should be over. 

I don't get the idea she was baptized, but then they would wait til she was 12 to introduce her to religion?

Worst for him is if he really did start her on CCD classes without talking to B, if the joint custody agmt required him to discuss this with her first.  Since the child was baptized, I'm not sure it applies though, as CCD classes are typical for Catholic children who do not attend Catholic school.

I get the impression that Bethanny consented to Brynn getting baptized Catholic as a baby, but Brynn would get to decide what religion she wanted to be when she was older.  So Faith Formation (or CCD) classes and First Communion at 7-8 would be out.  Bethanny doesn't want to force a religion on Brynn which is what she views Jason as doing.  I can't really blame her.  Bethanny probably just saw the ceremony as a nice welcome to the world for Brynn that made her grandparents happy-- a priest, a cute outfit, a little water, and some candles.  Technically the priest should have made Jason and Bethanny attend classes before agreeing to baptize Brynn where the priest laid out all the implications of the ceremony.  When you have a family priest or enough money, sometimes these formalities can be overlook.  Bethanny also may have blocked out what the priest said because she had no intention of forcing any religion onto Brynn.  Yes as it stands now, Brynn is considered a Catholic by Holy Mother Church, but is Bethanny truly aware of this.  

Many lapsed Catholics have their kids baptized and do not have them in any religious classes.  Catholic guilt and grandma guilt will get the parents to baptize the kids, but they only show up for Mass on Christmas and Easter.  Do we even know if Jason was a weekly church goer when they were married, or if this is a change that has happened since the divorce?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Do we even know if Jason was a weekly church goer when they were married, or if this is a change that has happened since the divorce?  

Yes he went to church regularly and Bethenny would also go though not as frequently. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes he went to church regularly and Bethenny would also go though not as frequently. 

Thanks.  It has been so long since I watched that season, I couldn't remember.  Jason is petty enough that I could see him suddenly finding religion just to mess with Bethanny.  I do wish that he could just be content with knowing Brynn is baptized and just let her find her own way.  But, I have a don't-poke-the-bear and choose-your-battles philosophies to life.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I get the impression that Bethanny consented to Brynn getting baptized Catholic as a baby, but Brynn would get to decide what religion she wanted to be when she was older.  So Faith Formation (or CCD) classes and First Communion at 7-8 would be out.  Bethanny doesn't want to force a religion on Brynn which is what she views Jason as doing.  I can't really blame her.  Bethanny probably just saw the ceremony as a nice welcome to the world for Brynn that made her grandparents happy-- a priest, a cute outfit, a little water, and some candles.  Technically the priest should have made Jason and Bethanny attend classes before agreeing to baptize Brynn where the priest laid out all the implications of the ceremony.  When you have a family priest or enough money, sometimes these formalities can be overlook.  Bethanny also may have blocked out what the priest said because she had no intention of forcing any religion onto Brynn.  Yes as it stands now, Brynn is considered a Catholic by Holy Mother Church, but is Bethanny truly aware of this.  

Many lapsed Catholics have their kids baptized and do not have them in any religious classes.  Catholic guilt and grandma guilt will get the parents to baptize the kids, but they only show up for Mass on Christmas and Easter.  Do we even know if Jason was a weekly church goer when they were married, or if this is a change that has happened since the divorce?  

This is the case in my family.  I was baptized, as were some of my siblings, but not the youngest.  My parents were all different religions (between biological parents and step parents, there are a few in there), and none of them were big on church or religion to start with.  They did all kind of like the idea/ritual of having a baptism/christening, it was just one of those things you do when you have a baby, so most of us where baptised.  They did intend to have the youngest done as well, it just kind of fell through the cracks, as things do with a youngest kid.  Scheduling, making the gown, trying to work out the date with the extended family and then, oh, we were moving, what church would it be in? We moved again and then suddenly the kid was in middle school.  

Growing up if we were interested in religion, any and all questions were answered and if we had wanted to go to church, they'd have taken us, but it wasn't a thing.  They never intended to raise us in any of the churches that we were baptised in and it was always understood that we could make our own choices to go to church, not go to church, be Catholic, Jewish, Methodist, etc.  They didn't even pick the same faiths for all of the kids to be baptised in.  

I can also say that having grown up without any sort of religion and having married someone who was raised Catholic but has now pretty much rejected it, if we had a child, we would likely have some sort of christening/baptism.  It would be for the same reason I was baptised, I like the idea of family and friends coming together to welcome a new baby and offer good wishes and thoughts for their future.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

For me, I think it's good for J to expose Bryn to religion, and B could certainly do the same.  She's old enough imo to comprehend the teachings.  Without a knowledge/philosophical base, it would be difficult to form an opinion.  For me, my parents took us to church weekly, I was confirmed at 15, and never went back.  It was my decision based on the information I received.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

It is very hard to reverse faith formation or the like.   It is NOT NORMAL to let your 2-16 year old decide their religion.  You can put it on your kids or not, but going in and out and letting them decide before they are adults?  NEAUX.   If you are totally against organized religion of any sort, from the birth, that is fine.  DO IT OR DO NOT DO IT.  

Let’s not all act offended because Bryn was baptized and her father then put her in the path to religious education. That’s really what most people do.  

• Love 15

It's also rude to call people abnormal for their choices. If they aren't yours, that's cool, but you don't have to shout at other people because you don't agree.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For me, I think it's good for J to expose Bryn to religion, and B could certainly do the same.  She's old enough imo to comprehend the teachings.  Without a knowledge/philosophical base, it would be difficult to form an opinion.  For me, my parents took us to church weekly, I was confirmed at 15, and never went back.  It was my decision based on the information I received.

I see nothing wrong with Jason taking Brynn to Mass the weeks that he has her.  While she is with him, they can discuss the faith and why Jason is Catholic, I have no problem with that.  But, when he signs Brynn up for Faith Formation classes which usually meet weekly and forcing Bethanny's hand on this issue, that I have a problem with.  Both of them need to be on the same page with this issue, and if Bethanny has even the slightest reservation, he needs to back off.  Honestly, the priest and staff at the church where he was doing this should have explained to Jason why this is a bad idea.  The nun who runs Faith Formation at my church would never allow a child to constantly skip weeks and still receive her sacraments.  Maybe in NYC it is different, but I suspect not.  Jason is also putting Brynn into an uncomfortable situation where she is always going to be different than her classmates.  

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jason is also putting Brynn into an uncomfortable situation where she is always going to be different than her classmates.  

Or torn between her two parents and what to believe. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I see nothing wrong with Jason taking Brynn to Mass the weeks that he has her.  While she is with him, they can discuss the faith and why Jason is Catholic, I have no problem with that.  But, when he signs Brynn up for Faith Formation classes which usually meet weekly and forcing Bethanny's hand on this issue, that I have a problem with.  Both of them need to be on the same page with this issue, and if Bethanny has even the slightest reservation, he needs to back off.  Honestly, the priest and staff at the church where he was doing this should have explained to Jason why this is a bad idea.  The nun who runs Faith Formation at my church would never allow a child to constantly skip weeks and still receive her sacraments.  Maybe in NYC it is different, but I suspect not.  Jason is also putting Brynn into an uncomfortable situation where she is always going to be different than her classmates.  

I would agree with that argument if there hadn’t already been a decision made to baptize the child.  But Brynn IS Catholic, by decision of both her parents.  CCD classes aren’t unusual.  

But, if the joint custody agmt required Jason to get Bethenny’s agreement before enrolling her in religious classes, that’s a big problem for him for this case.  Because it’s evidence he won’t abide by the joint custody agmt.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

But, if the joint custody agmt required Jason to get Bethenny’s agreement before enrolling her in religious classes, that’s a big problem for him for this case.  Because it’s evidence he won’t abide by the joint custody agmt.

At the time the custody stuff was in the press it indicated that Brynn could be educated in both faiths. and there was an age and agreement between parents thing.  On BEA they said that they would wait until she was 12 and then work with her to learn and figure out what she wanted.

Hoppy indicated in court that he was wrong not to discuss it with Bethenny. Oh and he was sorry.   It was on his list of things he apologized for doing that were against the custody agreement.  It follows with what the shrink said.  He does not compromise, ever.

• Love 3
(edited)

Frankel was on board re: Bryn being raised Catholic from jump  - she gave this interview a month after BEA debuted:

"Jason’s parents are practicing Catholics. Jason goes to church every Sunday. I have to be supportive and allow Bryn to be Catholic — although I wouldn’t necessarily want that. They put in the time and commitment, they have faith, and it would be hypocritical for me to suggest otherwise. Faith, culture, structure and guidance are good things.”

https://parade.com/13515/francarpentier/0712-bethenny-frankel-married-life-and-motherhood/

Changing your mind (only in the wake of a bitter divorce) seems designed to feed the spite between exes, not broaden Bryn's horizions. Especially since Frankel wasn't raised Jewish to begin with. Parisella was Catholic, her mother was Catholic (briefly converted for Bobby Frankel) and - as seen in childhood photos  - Bethenny celebrated Xmas and Easter. If Frankel is now interested in immersing herself in a different religioun & culture than the one she was raised in, great - she and Bryn can discover it together, and grow closer that way - but to yank Bryn away from the religion Bethenny *herself* agreed to set in motion is unfair to the kid.

The time to stop this was before Frankel did a storyline about baptizing Bryn in the wake of attending Gina's  "exotic" church (and what a  clusterfuck of othering shit that was, on both Hoppy and Frankel's parts - two assholes, sniggering over their baby nurse's religious practices,  are now fighting over their own - Karma, available to all religious denominations.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
(edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 8:17 PM, geauxaway said:

It is very hard to reverse faith formation or the like.   It is NOT NORMAL to let your 2-16 year old decide their religion.  You can put it on your kids or not, but going in and out and letting them decide before they are adults?  NEAUX.   If you are totally against organized religion of any sort, from the birth, that is fine.  DO IT OR DO NOT DO IT.  

Let’s not all act offended because Bryn was baptized and her father then put her in the path to religious education. That’s really what most people do.  

I don't see anything wrong with Bryn being exposed to BOTH Catholicism and Judiasm.  I'm not saying I consistently participated in either one, but I did grow up going to both Christian and Jewish services with family and friends, and it didn't confuse me or hurt my spirituality one bit. 

Plus there's the added benefit of knowing how to conduct yourself in both houses of worship so when you go to Catholic and Jewish weddings, funerals and such, you understand what's going on, and have some familiarity with the prayers and songs.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
On 7/14/2019 at 6:41 PM, Happy Camper said:

It wouldn't be a shocker if Bethenny and Bryn end up like Tamra and her daughter Sidney.

Of course it all would be blamed on Jason.

I think this is a very astute comment and right on the money.

• Love 11

I don’t understand how they can still be married. You can get divorced before child custody is sorted out. The divorce is about finances between the parents/partners and doesn’t include child support, which is for the child. What outstanding property and monetary issues (aside from child support) do they have? 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, glowbug said:

I don’t understand how they can still be married. You can get divorced before child custody is sorted out. The divorce is about finances between the parents/partners and doesn’t include child support, which is for the child. What outstanding property and monetary issues (aside from child support) do they have? 

Can't even imagine how much money has been paid to attorneys for this farce. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Can't even imagine how much money has been paid to attorneys for this farce. 

At least enough to put one of his children through college

I have seen lawyers who like to make waves so the people spend lots of money on billable hours because of spats about petty things. Both sides attorneys will be the ones who make out best in a divorce. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, glowbug said:

I don't get this either. You can also be legally divorced, with the child custody part settled, and still not have the financial settlement/community property sorted out for many years. But you are not legally married. Don't ask me how I know. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

How many men has she been engaged to while still married? Crazy,  needy shrew. 

She also starting sleeping with her first husband's best friend immediately after leaving him. She then became engaged to the guy. I wonder how many of Peter's friends she got with. She could very well be the Harry Dubin of the housewives. LOL😯

• Useful 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

She also starting sleeping with her first husband's best friend immediately after leaving him. She then became engaged to the guy. I wonder how many of Peter's friends she got with. She could very well be the Harry Dubin of the housewives. LOL😯

Mention it all

Don’t have the GIF as I’m on my iPad at a hotel bar after a long day of travel and work

• LOL 5

I recently read an article on why they are not divorced yet.  I don't have the link before me, but, it said that Jason's attorneys blamed Bethenny for the hold up.  The article cited something about the criminal charge dismissal as the culprit.  Hmmm.....I'm an attorney and although, I'm not licensed in NY, both contentions seem like BS to me. Property division cases, survive the divorce.  And, children's issues are not dependent on the divorce.  Generally, you don't have to get the other party's consent to get an absolute divorce. If you meet the grounds, it's granted AND, what would it have to do with Jason participating in the deferral program? Makes no sense.  So, I'm not sure what to believe.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

It doesn’t make any sense on either side. How could either of them hold up the divorce if the other wanted out? Why would either of them want to stay married to the other when it’s clear the despise each other? The relationship between them is super creepy and I feel sorry for Bryn for being in the middle of it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yeah, I always wonder what the hey is going on when someone says that the other party won't sign for the divorce.  Well, you only have to serve the person with the complaint for absolute divorce. They don't have to actually sign or agree, in any jurisdiction that I am aware of. (Please chime in if this is different in your state.) If the sheriff can't serve them and they won't sign for certified mail, you run an ad in the paper for a certain number of weeks. It really makes me wonder what the real reason is whenever people claim that they can't get a divorce.  The really fast ones also make me wonder too. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I recently read an article on why they are not divorced yet.  I don't have the link before me, but, it said that Jason's attorneys blamed Bethenny for the hold up.  The article cited something about the criminal charge dismissal as the culprit.  Hmmm.....I'm an attorney and although, I'm not licensed in NY, both contentions seem like BS to me. Property division cases, survive the divorce.  And, children's issues are not dependent on the divorce.  Generally, you don't have to get the other party's consent to get an absolute divorce. If you meet the grounds, it's granted AND, what would it have to do with Jason participating in the deferral program? Makes no sense.  So, I'm not sure what to believe.  

37 minutes ago, glowbug said:

It doesn’t make any sense on either side. How could either of them hold up the divorce if the other wanted out? Why would either of them want to stay married to the other when it’s clear the despise each other? The relationship between them is super creepy and I feel sorry for Bryn for being in the middle of it. 

I think, despite the War of the Roses level fighting, deep down these crazy kids actually still love each other. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think, despite the War of the Roses level fighting, deep down these crazy kids actually still love each other. 

lol  Well, I have my own theory on how and why narcissists view losing their lover/spouse as horrific.  They really hate to lose the ability to make the other person's life miserable.  It just eats them up inside. They truly live to control, manipulate and torture the other person.  So, when that is lost, they can't stand it. lol   

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

lol  Well, I have my own theory on how and why narcissists view losing their lover/spouse as horrific.  They really hate to lose the ability to make the other person's life miserable.  It just eats them up inside. They truly live to control, manipulate and torture the other person.  So, when that is lost, they can't stand it. lol   

Oh, that’s interesting!

Hmmm... Jason is one of the main sources of drama in her life. She enjoys telling others about the torture. 

How would she cultivate drama if they finalized the divorce?

Dennis is already dead.

She would have to sell her condo, buy a new condo and immediately gut it, so she would be homeless.

Or maybe Dennis will try to drive a wedge between Paul and her. He will continue leaving her notes in hotels, warning her that Paul is using her. Or he’ll inform her that Paul will never love her as much as he does. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

What gets me is how people seriously consider and discuss MARRIAGE with one person while they are STILL MARRIED to someone else!  lol Cracks me up.  I just don't get it.  I think that I must view the sanctity of marriage a lot differently than a lot of people.  I'm not sure why you have to date, get out there, hook up, etc.  with potential love interest WHILE you're still married to another person. I know, that's old school, but, I just don't see any reason you have to do that.  Why not reflect, meditate, learn, and heal for a while.  Better to come at things fresh and a new, instead of reeling, hurt, and on rebound. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
58 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What gets me is how people seriously consider and discuss MARRIAGE with one person while they are STILL MARRIED to someone else!  lol Cracks me up.  I just don't get it.  I think that I must view the sanctity of marriage a lot differently than a lot of people.  I'm not sure why you have to date, get out there, hook up, etc.  with potential love interest WHILE you're still married to another person. I know, that's old school, but, I just don't see any reason you have to do that.  Why not reflect, meditate, learn, and heal for a while.  Better to come at things fresh and a new, instead of reeling, hurt, and on rebound. 

I agree and think it takes time before jumping right back into the boyfriend/girlfriend pool. Time for self reflection, time to heal and time to think about what you contributed to its demise. Bethenny doesn’t seem to want to learn anything more than finding someone else she can continue her (controlling, narcissism, addiction to attention and posting about it) habits. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't get it either.  They settled the property and custody issues (at the time, they are already on the change of custody petition), so why the judgment hasn't been entered is a mystery.  I immediately thought they both need to file married but separately, which at least in the past resulted in people paying higher federal taxes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I don't get it either.  They settled the property and custody issues (at the time, they are already on the change of custody petition), so why the judgment hasn't been entered is a mystery.  I immediately thought they both need to file married but separately, which at least in the past resulted in people paying higher federal taxes.

Something isn't settled if it hasn't been finalized.  Hoppy could walk away UNLESS he wants more money.  Then he has to come to an agreement.  If Bethenny says no, well then it's a stand off.  Someone mentioned that they think it might have to do with the lawsuit over the fraudulent trust document.  What we do know is that Bethenny can last longer than Hoppy because she has more money. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

Something isn't settled if it hasn't been finalized.  Hoppy could walk away UNLESS he wants more money.  Then he has to come to an agreement.  If Bethenny says no, well then it's a stand off.  Someone mentioned that they think it might have to do with the lawsuit over the fraudulent trust document.  What we do know is that Bethenny can last longer than Hoppy because she has more money. 

The article stated the court just needs to enter the judgement which they are scheduled to do next month.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The article stated the court just needs to enter the judgement which they are scheduled to do next month.

You mean Hoppy’s lawyer wasn’t telling the truth?  I’m shocked.

• Love 2

This is all so confusing to me! Also, do we know who actually initiated the divorce -- I really can't remember. Usually the person who initiates it is the one who wants to get it finalized and move on! Who served who in this case, do we know?

In my personal experience, the actual divorce/dissolution of marriage was finalized very quickly. Child custody issues/decree of enforcement were also settled by a judge. Now the financial part - a total shit show, particularly in a community property state, that took over NINE years before a settlement was reached - right before a trial was finally set to begin. That's longer than the actual marriage lasted.  But the marriage was legally over years before and both parties were free to re-marry, etc, even though the financial part/property/assets was still not legally settled. I'm not an attorney, but I'm really confused why a legal divorce could not be granted, even if property/financial disputes/settlements were still at play/frozen/delayed in the legal process. The biggest joke of all is that who really wins is the lawyers collecting all the fees. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Yeah, it is expensive to engage in protracted litigation of marital property.  Some cases are complex though, separate property, marital property, mixed property, source of funds, contributions to the marriage, etc. But, often the divorce is granted anyway, as soon as the time period is expired. Not sure about Beth and Jason.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Hmmm... Jason is one of the main sources of drama in her life. She enjoys telling others about the torture. 

How would she cultivate drama if they finalized the divorce?

I believe Bethenny was shocked Jason didn't twirl away like Kelly on Scary Island but rather chose to stay around to fight to keep his child in his life and she will never forgive him for it. The drama is an added boost.

6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know I am an old with cats but yes, I find the quickness of wash/rinse/repeat with relationships astounding. How many times can you profess your love for Your One True Soulmate when the soulmates are multiple & interchangeable?? Don't you get embarrassed expecting people to believe you?  I think for some people (and I have no idea if this is Bethenny's story) a relationship is another gain, another possession, some kind of credential that they matter rather than a true partnership.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

I believe Bethenny was shocked Jason didn't twirl away like Kelly on Scary Island but rather chose to stay around to fight to keep his child in his life and she will never forgive him for it.

I want to believe that she wouldn't be like this, but I think you're right.

I think she wanted the dream marriage and family, but when it didn't work out she just wanted to walk away from the situation with Bryn. Maybe she thought she'd be able to throw Jason a settlement and he'd give her full custody. She wasn't counting on him actually wanting to be an active parent in his daughter's life and actually fighting her. Now, neither are willing to budge.

And Bryn's stuck in the middle.

• Love 14

I believe what happened is that they filed for divorce, had the hearings and trial and then a Final Order of Divorce was drafted but had not yet been signed by the parties when the whole stalking thing happened, and because of the criminal case and the new custody issues that it raised one or both of the parties are not willing to sign the "old" FoD because the current hearings may change things in the FoD which would create a whole separate issue to amend rather than just not finalize and then once this ish is figured out redraft the whole FoD and be done with it. The FoD generally contains quotes from both the property settlement and custody arraignment documents if they were all done separately. You can have filed for divorce and done everything but until the judge enters the order it isn't "final". Same with any settlement, you can have "agreed" to it but until it is signed it's not "real". 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Survey says - @Lisin is correct!

“The judgment was never issued because an order of protection was issued by the Criminal Court which impacted the previously agreed to joint custody arrangement and Frankel subsequently brought an application to modify the agreement,” the judge said.

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/23/bethenny-frankel-and-jason-hoppy-are-still-legally-married/

This would freshen the show up  -  they're considering a gay househusband to replace Frankel:

"....producers want to update the hit Bravo reality program and are currently considering adding a man to the mix.  “It isn’t clear if the guy will be a gay man who runs the home while his husband brings home the bacon, or if they go with a straight stay-at-home fella, whose wife is the bread winner,” said the source. https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/08/real-housewives-new-york-city-new-male-cast-member/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6