Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, film noire said:

But then why did Frankel say "in the storage unit in our apartment" if it's not in the apartment? 

I don't know but I do have some friends that will refer to their apartment and really mean the building.  Like, "we have a gym in our apartment" but they are talking about an amenity in the building. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

The first continuance was the judge being called for jury duty. So unless Jason asks the court usually the court goes forward. And the RO is up in July. So another would extend the RO into Brynns school year. I am too lazy to google the plea offer. But my memory thought it gave him more freedom but a longer probation. So rolling the dice puts him at more risk  

Dang I'm glad it's not my life. 

Plea offer didn't have probation.  It is a violation.  He had to agree to attend Anger Management and the restraining order would become permanent.

My experience has been there are any number of reasons a trial can be continued.  Most frequently a court is needed for an in custody going to trial. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

That's true. I'd just like to see context of the emails because I'd like to see if these crazy, nasty e-mails were back and forth (like them both sending each other crazy, nasty shit) or if it was mostly 1-sided, with bethenny only occasionally responding. Because anything can look crazy out of context, if that makes sense. 

If he's repeatedly sending her nasty/crazy texts and e-mails without much response from her and she's told him to stop and he continues, then I fully get the RO and he needs to fuck off and get a life. 

I just find Bethenny to be an unreliable narrator, like I don't just take her word for it on how she's treated without seeing evidence/context to the situation. 

My guess is that the emails won't necessarily be a smoking gun or prove to most that Jason is a horrible person if they are not inclined to think so already. I think they will be mean and passive-aggressive, but not contain any language that Beth haters will be bothered by. More of the usual from him. She is a horrible person. She will never be happy. She will never find love. She is just like her mother. Things that will make a lot of people shrug and say "well, she is all those things". I think he is very careful in this way. He knows what will hurt her, scare her, freak her out, and that is what we will see. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

My guess is that the emails won't necessarily be a smoking gun or prove to most that Jason is a horrible person if they are not inclined to think so already. I think they will be mean and passive-aggressive, but not contain any language that Beth haters will be bothered by. More of the usual from him. She is a horrible person. She will never be happy. She will never find love. She is just like her mother. Things that will make a lot of people shrug and say "well, she is all those things". I think he is very careful in this way. He knows what will hurt her, scare her, freak her out, and that is what we will see. 

Well I don't think they will just be able to say he wrote x number of e-mails.  So the content is important as it goes to one of the elements of the crime.  Here is the substantive portion of the statute:  "He or she engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no legitimate purpose."  So if Jason were to write, "I will be picking Bryn up at 4:00 pm and you are old, and ugly, I would think he was certainly on the edge of being guilty.  Legitimate is the pick up time there is no need for additional commentary but if it rises to seriously annoy is for the trier of fact. I don't find calling her Bernadette alarming and worthy of a conviction.  As to me Bethenny has shown repeatedly she can certainly dish it out.  If one is going to claim they were alarmed or annoyed there should also be a showing of how perhaps the annoying and alarm is situational as it applies to the defendant.  I would be swayed by any attempts where Jason makes the child exchange difficult.  I do not believe Jason should be at the child's school when it is not his day when Bethenny is there to pick her up.   

This is one that piqued my curiosity when he asked for a copy of the life insurance policy.  Did Bethenny take that as some underlying threat?  Then there is the reality or legitimate purpose they are both required to carry a policy in favor of the other per their divorce agreement.  Now add in she was all over the press with a serious medical problem had a breakdown over a medical power of attorney and then made a crack about leaving Bryn with those people.  Alarm on one side/legitimate on the other.  Neutral party weighs in.  Good luck to the jury. 

I am a firm believer these two can figure out a schedule and stick to it without having any contact.  Essentially that has been proven during the last several months when the TRO was in effect.  The child is old enough to have her own phone to facilitate calls with the parent during non-custodial times.  What I am hoping is not going on is the child, who obviously knows there is discord between her parents, has not developed patterns of carrying tales back and forth between the households.  No blame on the child and please do not make her a witness. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Well I don't think they will just be able to say he wrote x number of e-mails.  So the content is important as it goes to one of the elements of the crime.  Here is the substantive portion of the statute:  "He or she engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no legitimate purpose."  So if Jason were to write, "I will be picking Bryn up at 4:00 pm and you are old, and ugly, I would think he was certainly on the edge of being guilty.  Legitimate is the pick up time there is no need for additional commentary but if it rises to seriously annoy is for the trier of fact. I don't find calling her Bernadette alarming and worthy of a conviction.  As to me Bethenny has shown repeatedly she can certainly dish it out.  If one is going to claim they were alarmed or annoyed there should also be a showing of how perhaps the annoying and alarm is situational as it applies to the defendant.  I would be swayed by any attempts where Jason makes the child exchange difficult.  I do not believe Jason should be at the child's school when it is not his day when Bethenny is there to pick her up.   

This is one that piqued my curiosity when he asked for a copy of the life insurance policy.  Did Bethenny take that as some underlying threat?  Then there is the reality or legitimate purpose they are both required to carry a policy in favor of the other per their divorce agreement.  Now add in she was all over the press with a serious medical problem had a breakdown over a medical power of attorney and then made a crack about leaving Bryn with those people.  Alarm on one side/legitimate on the other.  Neutral party weighs in.  Good luck to the jury. 

I am a firm believer these two can figure out a schedule and stick to it without having any contact.  Essentially that has been proven during the last several months when the TRO was in effect.  The child is old enough to have her own phone to facilitate calls with the parent during non-custodial times.  What I am hoping is not going on is the child, who obviously knows there is discord between her parents, has not developed patterns of carrying tales back and forth between the households.  No blame on the child and please do not make her a witness. 

I think that if there is a conviction, it's going to be from the emails to Shields and the other people in Bethenny's orbit. There was absolutely no reason to contact Shields, let alone repeatedly. I think Dennis might have been with Bethenny when Jason came up to them allegedly using threatening language.

His anger at Bethenny made him sloppy AF. If he was communicating about legit things, email Bethenny, the intermediary, her attorney and bcc himself and his attorney.  Communication should have been limited to those individuals who are absolutely necessary. If Bethenny felt that her assistant needed to know, that's on Bethenny. She could set up a rule that all emails coming from Jason or the intermediary are automatically forwarded to her assistant. But if emailing the assistant is neither in the custody agreement or specifically required by the intermediary, he shouldn't be doing Bethenny any favors. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I think that if there is a conviction, it's going to be from the emails to Shields and the other people in Bethenny's orbit. There was absolutely no reason to contact Shields, let alone repeatedly. I think Dennis might have been with Bethenny when Jason came up to them allegedly using threatening language.

His anger at Bethenny made him sloppy AF. If he was communicating about legit things, email Bethenny, the intermediary, her attorney and bcc himself and his attorney.  Communication should have been limited to those individuals who are absolutely necessary. If Bethenny felt that her assistant needed to know, that's on Bethenny. She could set up a rule that all emails coming from Jason or the intermediary are automatically forwarded to her assistant. But if emailing the assistant is neither in the custody agreement or specifically required by the intermediary, he shouldn't be doing Bethenny any favors. 

I am going to throw something out there.  Bethenny made a few public appearances with Dennis Shields.  The one that springs to mind is when she and Dennis were looking at 15-30 million dollar homes with a real estate agent.  There are phots of Dennis, Bryn and Bethenny.   I have no idea what the restrictions are on public photos of Bryn but it is my understanding by agreement Bryn s not to publicly appear in any of Bethenny's social media. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3745828/Bethenny-Frankel-appears-house-hunting-NYC-beau-Dennis-shields-admitting-leave-RHONY.html  The press just doesn't happen to wander by and capture these photos.  So I do think Jason may have been venting.  Add the comments about Jason stealing from her at the finale during the same time period and subsequent stunt at the Reunion calling Shield's daughter I can see where Jason was concerned that Bethenny was introducing a married guy into their child's life.  Not saying I agree with him.  Then there was this http://pagesix.com/2016/08/04/is-bethenny-frankel-engaged/

Bethenny has long used her assistants to facilitate the child exchange.  She has said it makes things less complicated.  As to cc'ing Dennis on e-mails-I just don't get it-put it on a spam return.  Don't hire an attorney to write a C&D and put it on Page Six.   Dennis though seems to have inserted himself in the Bryn issue.  QuinnM has said the day of Jason's arrest Bethenny and Dennis were at the school to see an event. Why is Dennis there? This is a man who claims he is so busy and Jason's email interfere with his time. What I don't understand is Bethenny two weeks after Jason's arrest said she and Dennis weren't all that the world made it bigger than it was and he was married.  http://people.com/celebrity/bethenny-frankel-skipping-valentines-day-boyfriend-dennis-shields/  So to me, it seems like Dennis, no pun intended was being used as some sort of shield between Bethenny and Jason.   The school thing seemed very contrived.  I don't really see someone saying I don't care how many lawyers you hire. . . .you have been warned as being all that ominous.  The child wasn't there.  I believe Bethenny likes the attention.

Bethenny and Jason argue over minor stuff I can't really get behind someone who claims Jason is in violation of their marital agreement by taking Bryn to church on non high holidays, or him feeding her meat and then she turns around and launches a deli meat line saying Bryn was the inspiration. I think the issue is Jason decided the best course for Bryn was to be out of the public eye and Bethenny agreed and pushes the boundaries.  I don't think it belongs in criminal court but I will be following the case until verdict or plea.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I am not saying the content doesn't matter in a legal sense. Of course it does. What I am saying is that the content won't change many minds of folks that don't like Beth, save for him actually threatening her life, which I don't believe he would do (well, not in emails that he is sending to everyone and their dog). It won't matter how hateful and vindictive he is, or the sheer number of emails, IMO. There will always be the "she deserves" it crowd, or the "she likes to dish it out but cannot take it" crowd". The "why doesn't she just ignore it" crowd. Or worse, the "she drove it to him" crowd. Beth said something interesting in this episode. She said something like (totally paraphrasing) "I'm just afraid that people are never going to actually understand what my ex has done". She understands that his behavior is always just under the radar to an extent. That it's just for her, designed only to push her buttons and drive her mad. But that he will be careful in the ways that he does it. She understands that she is extremely polarizing, that her words are often filled with hyperbole. He understands it too and is careful in the way that he does things. But I do think he is escalating and taking more risks as he does so. 

Calling her by her mothers name is a perfect example.  Many folks were horrified, others thought that a person who called someone else a whore should have thicker skin. But Jason gets it, and Beth gets it. She knows that he knows her well, that in their intimacy of long ago days she shared with him feelings about her mother, and probably fears of her own ability to mother based on that relationship. It's something that only a person who had a terrible relationship with their own mother and has a daughter of her own really gets. The constant fear that you will turn into your mother. Folks often say (in general and around here) that your own relationship with your mother will be a predictor of the relationship you will have with your daughter. I always heard that growing up and it drove almost everything that happened with me and my own daughter. The fear that my punishment for the way I felt about my mom would be thrown back at me in the way my daughter felt about me. That's what people said would happen and it is a terrifying notion. I am sure that it terrifies Beth, and Jason knows it. Calling her by her mothers name is a great way to stoke that fear. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am not saying the content doesn't matter in a legal sense. Of course it does. What I am saying is that the content won't change many minds of folks that don't like Beth, save for him actually threatening her life, which I don't believe he would do (well, not in emails that he is sending to everyone and their dog). It won't matter how hateful and vindictive he is, or the sheer number of emails, IMO. There will always be the "she deserves" it crowd, or the "she likes to dish it out but cannot take it" crowd". The "why doesn't she just ignore it" crowd. Or worse, the "she drove it to him" crowd. Beth said something interesting in this episode. She said something like (totally paraphrasing) "I'm just afraid that people are never going to actually understand what my ex has done". She understands that his behavior is always just under the radar to an extent. That it's just for her, designed only to push her buttons and drive her mad. But that he will be careful in the ways that he does it. She understands that she is extremely polarizing, that her words are often filled with hyperbole. He understands it too and is careful in the way that he does things. But I do think he is escalating and taking more risks as he does so. 

Calling her by her mothers name is a perfect example.  Many folks were horrified, others thought that a person who called someone else a whore should have thicker skin. But Jason gets it, and Beth gets it. She knows that he knows her well, that in their intimacy of long ago days she shared with him feelings about her mother, and probably fears of her own ability to mother based on that relationship. It's something that only a person who had a terrible relationship with their own mother and has a daughter of her own really gets. The constant fear that you will turn into your mother. Folks often say (in general and around here) that your own relationship with your mother will be a predictor of the relationship you will have with your daughter. I always heard that growing up and it drove almost everything that happened with me and my own daughter. The fear that my punishment for the way I felt about my mom would be thrown back at me in the way my daughter felt about me. That's what people said would happen and it is a terrifying notion. I am sure that it terrifies Beth, and Jason knows it. Calling her by her mothers name is a great way to stoke that fear. 

I think the only way to get a clear understanding of what is going on between Bethenny and Jason is to read/see/hear both sides of the argument. We hear from Bethenny all the time that Jason is pushing "her" buttons but we never hear what, if any, buttons of "his" that she is pushing. I don't doubt that she is playing her own game on him, we just haven't heard about it because he has kept him mouth closed to the press/tabloids, unlike her. Sorry, not sorry, I just don't see Bethenny not getting in her digs and trying to control Jason when it comes to Bryn, she can't let it go, she never has and never will. As for calling Bethenny Bernadette, maybe there are legit reasons he has done it, it is more than possible that her behavior/actions warranted it because nothing else worked. Bottom line, we just don't know because we only have 1/2 of the story and that 1/2 is coming from someone that exaggerates most things to make herself THE victim at all times. I will not be surprised to find out that Yes, Jason isn't some innocent in all this and I will not be surprised to learn how guilty Bethenny is in all of this as well. IMO, they are both doing it to each other but only 1 of them are playing it up for the press and that is Bethenny.

• Love 13

Bethenny's own words;

'Listen, it's a struggle, and like any struggle, you push through it and move forward,' Frankel told Good Morning America.

'I'm going through something very difficult. And you know what? Every dark cloud has a silver lining. I do have a beautiful daughter and I have a lot of things to be thankful and grateful for.'

It's OK for her to say it, but not for Luann to say it.

• Love 5
(edited)

There really is no rationale for calling someone anything but their given name, unless they're ok with you using a different name or nickname.

Jason does seem to know how to twist the shiv...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Bethenny's own words;

'Listen, it's a struggle, and like any struggle, you push through it and move forward,' Frankel told Good Morning America.

'I'm going through something very difficult. And you know what? Every dark cloud has a silver lining. I do have a beautiful daughter and I have a lot of things to be thankful and grateful for.'

It's OK for her to say it, but not for Luann to say it.

Well, they weren't really saying the same things. Both are grateful, but Beth is acknowledging the pain of it all. Not pretending that everything is perfect. Lu on the other hand wants to brush it all to the side and act like there is nothing wrong. 

• Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

That's what people said would happen and it is a terrifying notion. I am sure that it terrifies Beth, and Jason knows it. Calling her by her mothers name is a great way to stoke that fear. 

Your daughter is very lucky you were guided by self awareness  - congratulations on navigating a very complicated situation so well.

As to Bethenny: if she were truly trying to outrun Bernadette's long shadow in her life, I don't think she'd be on reality tv screaming obscenities and savaging a woman with an eating disorder. If the thing animating you  -- driving all your maternal ambition -- is the fear you will become as abusive as your mother,  you avoid triggers that make it all too easy to act as abusively as your mother. But Bethenny ran towards the triggers, not away from them. She's not been forced into this job -  like a single mother working as a waitress, just to put food on the table - this is something she freely took on. She's not been forced to do the job the way she does it - spilling unprocessed rage everywhere, dishing out savage attacks like a rabid animal - as if she's too emotionally unhinged to turn up and do the show with quips and savvy- savvy, as she once did.  

And Jason is seeing all of this as well --the craziness, her rage-mouth running dirty and mean like a cokehead ten lines lines into a bender,  the fury making her whole body vibrate -- and this is the woman taking care of his daughter.  Someone behaving just like Bernadette. Either because she really is as damaged as she appears on the show, or she's working it for the gig. (Both to me are equally sick, and both options are awful for any divorced parent to contemplate.)  Never mind Bethenny's nefarious hints at his skullduggery (publicly damaging him to gain leverage)  her emotional instability, week after week, would make me panic.

And -- throughout this post divorce period -- I keep wondering if everybody (media especially) would be so sanguine about Bethenny's emotional disorders, if she were male & publicly exhibiting this kind of chronic, fetid rage while caring for a young girl.  I wonder if Jason, say,  had called a female co-worker a bitch-slut-whore-snake -- while claiming very little responsibility for it -- I wonder if a petition to change custody would have been brought by Frankel, based on that alone.  

So in light of all that, him just calling her "Bernadette" doesn't strike me as proof Jason is evil.  

The emails might show otherwise; he may well be a master of gas-lighting, or he might still be locked in the past, playing out co-dependent games. Or - after seeing all that - he might be throwing a hardcore reality check at his ex wife whenever he catches her treating his daughter badly.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Well for me I liked Bethenny at one time and was cheering for her to succeed in all walks of life.  She started to lose me when after five years of proclaiming how damaged she was, Jason threw it back at her and she came unglued. She can't continually use it as an excuse and then turn around when someone is defending themselves and uses her own words against her.   I am fairly well trained to keep an open mind and stick to the elements of an offense.  I don't want to hear about the child was sent home with the wrong shoes, I do want to hear if a parent withheld homework or a school assignment.  I have a hard time with religious arguments between parents as it just doesn't make sense to have a court decide.

Words hurt and Bethenny has long used them as a weapon.  Maybe calling the citizens of Hazelton as dentally challenged (she used another term) hurt those who could not afford dental care growing up.  Maybe saying Tom isn't a good looking guy is really hurtful-she does it and does it very publicly.  I don't think either of them should name call and I can't put greater weight on Bernadette than thief. 

• Love 12

So in light of all that, him just calling her "Bernadette" doesn't strike me as proof Jason is evil.  

But it strike me as proof that Jason is an asshole.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well for me I liked Bethenny at one time and was cheering for her to succeed in all walks of life.  She started to lose me when after five years of proclaiming how damaged she was, Jason threw it back at her and she came unglued. She can't continually use it as an excuse and then turn around when someone is defending themselves and uses her own words against her.   I am fairly well trained to keep an open mind and stick to the elements of an offense.  I don't want to hear about the child was sent home with the wrong shoes, I do want to hear if a parent withheld homework or a school assignment.  I have a hard time with religious arguments between parents as it just doesn't make sense to have a court decide.

Words hurt and Bethenny has long used them as a weapon.  Maybe calling the citizens of Hazelton as dentally challenged (she used another term) hurt those who could not afford dental care growing up.  Maybe saying Tom isn't a good looking guy is really hurtful-she does it and does it very publicly.  I don't think either of them should name call and I can't put greater weight on Bernadette than thief. 

I agree! I don't understand why some think it Ok for Bethenny to slander Jason or for her to allow/encourage Carole to do it on the show but when he, allegedly, does it back to her, in private no less, he is an "asshole", he is "wrong", "gaslighting" her and "attacking" her. We have yet to hear his side in all of this, the custody fight, the divorce and now this ongoing battle of the emails. I also agree, had Bethenny been the man doing what she has been doing, there would be a cry to burn her at the stake but because she is a woman, the assumption is that Jason is in the wrong. Yes, Jason may be shown as an ass and he may be in the wrong but that doesn't mean that Bethenny is some innocent victim either. More likely than not, she is equally guilty in this battle and because we don't have all the info, both sides, I think it wrong to vilify/condemn him as guilty of all charges at this stage.

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

But it strike me as proof that Jason is an asshole.

I was addressing the accusation that Jason was consciously stoking fear in Bethenny -- but if "asshole" is the standard being applied, Frankel wins that title hands down and "tits out" (as she so charmingly says).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Not pretending that everything is perfect. Lu on the other hand wants to brush it all to the side and act like there is nothing wrong. 

I did not hear Lu suggest that Bethenny pretend that everything was perfect. She just suggested to her that she could get through this difficult period and that on the positive side, she has a beautiful little daughter as a result of the awful situation. 

• Love 11

They can both be assholes.

Possibly. But, between the harassment, stalking, etc, charges, Jason is definitely out-lapping Bethenny.

Lu on the other hand wants to brush it all to the side and act like there is nothing wrong. 

Well, that does seem to be one thing Lu does really well.

• Love 1
On 6/8/2017 at 3:06 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I just really wish we knew where this storage room was. A lot of apartment buildings in NY have them in the basement. It is basically like dog kennels for people's stuff because it is usually chain link fencing with a gate that you padlock shut. If that was the storage room that he put Cookie in, I would be beyond mad.  Stick Cookie in a spare bathroom or bedroom, if you must. If the "storage room" was just a big closet in the apartment then that is different. 

That's the thing. No one really knows. But ya know Beth was "distraught" about it so that means it was the worst possible scenario imaginable since Beth is such a level headed conveyor of facts that never exaggerates or takes the opportunity to trash someone she doesn't get along with.

• Love 7

Plea offer didn't have probation.  It is a violation.  He had to agree to attend Anger Management and the restraining order would become permanent.

My bad for not reading the small print.  Is it just my experience or is PERMANENT RO a pretty big deal?  I have two close friends with an ex under RO at one point and about a million in discussion with lawyer types.  If the state is looking at permanent my gut tells me that there is documented behavior or words in the emails that say he is not to be trusted.

• Love 1
On 6/11/2017 at 0:44 AM, zoeysmom said:

I am going to throw something out there.  Bethenny made a few public appearances with Dennis Shields.  The one that springs to mind is when she and Dennis were looking at 15-30 million dollar homes with a real estate agent.  There are phots of Dennis, Bryn and Bethenny.   I have no idea what the restrictions are on public photos of Bryn but it is my understanding by agreement Bryn s not to publicly appear in any of Bethenny's social media. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3745828/Bethenny-Frankel-appears-house-hunting-NYC-beau-Dennis-shields-admitting-leave-RHONY.html  The press just doesn't happen to wander by and capture these photos.  So I do think Jason may have been venting.  Add the comments about Jason stealing from her at the finale during the same time period and subsequent stunt at the Reunion calling Shield's daughter I can see where Jason was concerned that Bethenny was introducing a married guy into their child's life.  Not saying I agree with him.  Then there was this http://pagesix.com/2016/08/04/is-bethenny-frankel-engaged/

Bethenny has long used her assistants to facilitate the child exchange.  She has said it makes things less complicated.  As to cc'ing Dennis on e-mails-I just don't get it-put it on a spam return.  Don't hire an attorney to write a C&D and put it on Page Six.   Dennis though seems to have inserted himself in the Bryn issue.  QuinnM has said the day of Jason's arrest Bethenny and Dennis were at the school to see an event. Why is Dennis there? This is a man who claims he is so busy and Jason's email interfere with his time. What I don't understand is Bethenny two weeks after Jason's arrest said she and Dennis weren't all that the world made it bigger than it was and he was married.  http://people.com/celebrity/bethenny-frankel-skipping-valentines-day-boyfriend-dennis-shields/  So to me, it seems like Dennis, no pun intended was being used as some sort of shield between Bethenny and Jason.   The school thing seemed very contrived.  I don't really see someone saying I don't care how many lawyers you hire. . . .you have been warned as being all that ominous.  The child wasn't there.  I believe Bethenny likes the attention.

Bethenny and Jason argue over minor stuff I can't really get behind someone who claims Jason is in violation of their marital agreement by taking Bryn to church on non high holidays, or him feeding her meat and then she turns around and launches a deli meat line saying Bryn was the inspiration. I think the issue is Jason decided the best course for Bryn was to be out of the public eye and Bethenny agreed and pushes the boundaries.  I don't think it belongs in criminal court but I will be following the case until verdict or plea.

To see an event involving Brynn?

This is just a side bar but would Jason really be barred from attending an event at his child's school if Beth were in attendance as well? Just curious.

That would be something that would eat at me for sure.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

To see an event involving Brynn?

This is just a side bar but would Jason really be barred from attending an event at his child's school if Beth were in attendance as well? Just curious.

That would be something that would eat at me for sure.

Depends on the terms and who has signed as a complaining witness.  If the school said listen we don't want him here until his behavior is in check.  We have children, including his own, who are in our care during the school hours.  I can't have this wo/man here screeming at their child through the fence on the playground, yelling at his wife at intermission of the recital, etc.  So yes it would.  In fact, it might be that he can't attend even if Bethenny isn't there.  Depends on the RO terms.  School officials routinely sign as a complaining witness so that the school remains a safe place.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think the only way to get a clear understanding of what is going on between Bethenny and Jason is to read/see/hear both sides of the argument. We hear from Bethenny all the time that Jason is pushing "her" buttons but we never hear what, if any, buttons of "his" that she is pushing. I don't doubt that she is playing her own game on him, we just haven't heard about it because he has kept him mouth closed to the press/tabloids, unlike her. Sorry, not sorry, I just don't see Bethenny not getting in her digs and trying to control Jason when it comes to Bryn, she can't let it go, she never has and never will. As for calling Bethenny Bernadette, maybe there are legit reasons he has done it, it is more than possible that her behavior/actions warranted it because nothing else worked. Bottom line, we just don't know because we only have 1/2 of the story and that 1/2 is coming from someone that exaggerates most things to make herself THE victim at all times. I will not be surprised to find out that Yes, Jason isn't some innocent in all this and I will not be surprised to learn how guilty Bethenny is in all of this as well. IMO, they are both doing it to each other but only 1 of them are playing it up for the press and that is Bethenny.

And the same way it's so horrible for Jason to be doing this to Beth it's just as horrible for Beth to be doing this to Jason.

I don't think anyone is saying that any of this behavior is okay just that NO ONE can honestly think that a person won't fight fire with fire if it means keeping themselves from being scorched. I see it as Jason defending himself against her own form of emotional torture and attempts at control. We've seen enough from Beth to know what she's capable of and I've actually seen her cruelty towards him and his family back on BGM and BEA so I find it easier to understand why Jason has escalated in his way of dealing with her.

My criticism of Jason, however, is that after all these years struggling with Beth he's letting it get to him and he is becoming reckless with his actions. Which I totally understand but can't condone. I hope he is able to reclaim his composure and proceed appropriately. That's the only way to truly stick it to Beth. By keeping her from getting what she wants which is complete control of Brynn.

I wish him the best.

19 hours ago, film noire said:

Your daughter is very lucky you were guided by self awareness  - congratulations on navigating a very complicated situation so well.

As to Bethenny: if she were truly trying to outrun Bernadette's long shadow in her life, I don't think she'd be on reality tv screaming obscenities and savaging a woman with an eating disorder. If the thing animating you  -- driving all your maternal ambition -- is the fear you will become as abusive as your mother,  you avoid triggers that make it all too easy to act as abusively as your mother. But Bethenny ran towards the triggers, not away from them. She's not been forced into this job -  like a single mother working as a waitress, just to put food on the table - this is something she freely took on. She's not been forced to do the job the way she does it - spilling unprocessed rage everywhere, dishing out savage attacks like a rabid animal - as if she's too emotionally unhinged to turn up and do the show with quips and savvy- savvy, as she once did.  

And Jason is seeing all of this as well --the craziness, her rage-mouth running dirty and mean like a cokehead ten lines lines into a bender,  the fury making her whole body vibrate -- and this is the woman taking care of his daughter.  Someone behaving just like Bernadette. Either because she really is as damaged as she appears on the show, or she's working it for the gig. (Both to me are equally sick, and both options are awful for any divorced parent to contemplate.)  Never mind Bethenny's nefarious hints at his skullduggery (publicly damaging him to gain leverage)  her emotional instability, week after week, would make me panic.

And -- throughout this post divorce period -- I keep wondering if everybody (media especially) would be so sanguine about Bethenny's emotional disorders, if she were male & publicly exhibiting this kind of chronic, fetid rage while caring for a young girl.  I wonder if Jason, say,  had called a female co-worker a bitch-slut-whore-snake -- while claiming very little responsibility for it -- I wonder if a petition to change custody would have been brought by Frankel, based on that alone.  

The emails might show otherwise; he may well be a master of gas-lighting, or he might still be locked in the past, playing out co-dependent games. Or - after seeing all that - he might be throwing a hardcore reality check at his ex wife whenever he catches her treating his daughter badly.

THIS!!!!!!

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Depends on the terms and who has signed as a complaining witness.  If the school said listen we don't want him here until his behavior is in check.  We have children, including his own, who are in our care during the school hours.  I can't have this wo/man here screeming at their child through the fence on the playground, yelling at his wife at intermission of the recital, etc.  So yes it would.  In fact, it might be that he can't attend even if Bethenny isn't there.  Depends on the RO terms.  School officials routinely sign as a complaining witness so that the school remains a safe place.

Well I was just wondering in general if he weren't allowed to attend his child's event if Beth were to be in attendance.

If that's how that works.

Not that he isn't allowed to attend if he's going to act a fool.

I would expect that's the expectations for all parents who attend whether going thru divorce or not, No?

• Love 1
(edited)

I would expect that's the expectations for all parents who attend whether going thru divorce or not, No?

Because I'm not in my 20's I know a lot about custody arrangements.  Most all of them, regardless of how contentious, allow for both parents to attend school events on non-custodial days.  Attorneys seem to do a pretty good job of explaining to both parties that if you push for no on this don't come running back to me because the school always does the fair, the recital, the sporting event on your non-custodial days.  Sometimes they start out with saying the parents are not allowed a plus one (sigh).  I say start because as soon as they both have steady dates they want that struck down.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 4
On 6/8/2017 at 3:06 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I just really wish we knew where this storage room was. A lot of apartment buildings in NY have them in the basement. It is basically like dog kennels for people's stuff because it is usually chain link fencing with a gate that you padlock shut. If that was the storage room that he put Cookie in, I would be beyond mad.  Stick Cookie in a spare bathroom or bedroom, if you must. If the "storage room" was just a big closet in the apartment then that is different. 

I guess to me it doesn't much matter - except maybe to the degree of his cruelty. If Cookie wasn't use to being locked in whatever room he was locked in, the dog would panic. My dog doesn't get put behind closed doors just because this isn't what we do - not that there is anything wrong with doing it if is your practice. She has a large crate in our bedroom (very large, she is a Great Dane) where she feels safe and goes in on her own when she is feeling anxious or stressed. Like during a storm or on the rare occasion I decide to vacuum. I have no issue shutting the door on the crate if someone is over to work on the house or something, because she is use to it and feels very safe in there. Close a door to a room behind her and she becomes unhinged, even if that door is on my bedroom and she is alone in there (her favorite place in the world) with a door that is shut. Has only happened on accident, but she cries and cries because she doesn't understand what is going on. Jason had lived with that dog for a while. He would know if it were the practice to put the dog behind a locked door in a room - even a very nice room - where the dog was not use to being all alone. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Why in the world is there so much argument about whether Cookie was locked in a closet in the apartment or somewhere else? She was locked and that is something that she has never been before. That in itself could be very stressing for a dog. 

If Cookie was anywhere in the apartment then her crying, whining and barking would have directed Bethenny or any of her assistants to find her but that was not the case. 

Hours passed before that &^%hole revealed where he had taken the dog so I can only assume it was not in the apartment. When dogs are out of their familiar environment they become loud and they bark relentlessly to the point that even the neighbors would complain about the noise. 

A person who is cruel towards an animal, an old dog at that is IMO scum of the earth. You could make all the excuses in the world about him and speculate about the reasons why he decided to lock Cookie somewhere else, but the fact is that he withheld the information about the exact whereabouts as a way to mentally torture Bethenny for hours. He knows how attached Bethenny is to Cookie, he used an old dog to hurt her and that is inexcusable. 

He didn't stop there, he was also reprimanded by the judge for tapping Bethenny and her staff, for hacking her work e-mails and now the harassment charges, all that paints Hoppy as a mentally unstable guy. 

Edited by Wendy
  • Love 15

Here is the reality Jason and Cookie haven't been around each other for four years.  There is no custody dispute over Cookie.  Presently there isn't even a custody dispute over Bryn,  Jason is being charged in criminal court. 

Jason not being available to answer to Bethenny when she left her dog unattended is really kind of silly.  The guy may have been at a business dinner, the movies or someplace where he had turned his phone off.   If she cared so much about her dog she would have made suitable arrangements for her care.  There has never been any testimony other than the dog was locked in a storage area with its bowl and bed IN THE APARTMENT.   The idea that it was outside the apartment is just fantasies by concerned dog owners. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I guess to me it doesn't much matter - except maybe to the degree of his cruelty. If Cookie wasn't use to being locked in whatever room he was locked in, the dog would panic. My dog doesn't get put behind closed doors just because this isn't what we do - not that there is anything wrong with doing it if is your practice. She has a large crate in our bedroom (very large, she is a Great Dane) where she feels safe and goes in on her own when she is feeling anxious or stressed. Like during a storm or on the rare occasion I decide to vacuum. I have no issue shutting the door on the crate if someone is over to work on the house or something, because she is use to it and feels very safe in there. Close a door to a room behind her and she becomes unhinged, even if that door is on my bedroom and she is alone in there (her favorite place in the world) with a door that is shut. Has only happened on accident, but she cries and cries because she doesn't understand what is going on. Jason had lived with that dog for a while. He would know if it were the practice to put the dog behind a locked door in a room - even a very nice room - where the dog was not use to being all alone. 

My dog doesn't get locked up either. When I have workers over, I tell them I have a dog and I put him on the leash and he will stay with me but I don't put him in a different room.  He is used to being with people and being separated from them makes him very anxious and depressed. He has a crate but he hates it so I don't even put him in there. He really only goes in the crate nowadays when we move (we have done 2 international moves with him).  BTW, my dog loves Danes (and so do I).  I have a Frenchie and he is just always so excited to be around a big dog. 

3 hours ago, Wendy said:

Why in the world is there so much argument about whether Cookie was locked in a closet in the apartment or somewhere else? She was locked and that is something that she has never been before. That in itself could be very stressing for a dog. 

If Cookie was anywhere in the apartment then her crying, whining and barking would have directed Bethenny or any of her assistants to find her but that was not the case. 

Hours passed before that &^%hole revealed where he had taken the dog so I can only assume it was not in the apartment. When dogs are out of their familiar environment they become loud and they bark relentlessly to the point that even the neighbors would complain about the noise. 

A person who is cruel towards an animal, an old dog at that is IMO scum of the earth. You could make all the excuses in the world about him and speculate about the reasons why he decided to lock Cookie somewhere else, but the fact is that he withheld the information about the exact whereabouts as a way to mentally torture Bethenny for hours. He knows how attached Bethenny is to Cookie, he used an old dog to hurt her and that is inexcusable. 

He didn't stop there, he was also reprimanded by the judge for tapping Bethenny and her staff, for hacking her work e-mails and now the harassment charges, all that paints Hoppy as a mentally unstable guy. 

People keep bringing it up and excusing it like it isn't a big deal. While either setting is anxiety producing to a dog that isn't used to it, my concern with a basement storage room is that is very concerning for the physical health of Cookie. Is the basement climate controlled?  Are we sure that there wasn't anything that Cookie could get into that wouldn't be dangerous?  For example, what if they laid out rat poison (because rats and NYC go hand in hand) and Cookie was able to ingest it?  Or what if she got bored and started chewing and destroyed things in storage plus the possible issues if she ingested it?  

Neither the apartment or basement would be good for the dog's psychological well-being but the basement does bring in additional concerns for the physical well-being of the dog. 

• Love 5

Again, we don't know the whole story about Cookie and the 'closet'.  Only Beth's side.  But if it were to go to trial, maybe some of the questions would be did Beth ask Jason to take care of the dog?  Why was the dog put in the storage room?  Did Jason try to contact Beth, who was not home, about Cookie?  Did Beth reply?  Did Cookie nip at a guest in the home?  How long was Cookie in the storage room?  How does Beth even know Cookie was in the storage room?  She wasn't there.  Was Beth's bedroom or office locked thereby preventing Jason from putting Cookie in one of those rooms?  Did he feel comfortable putting Cookie in his daughter's room with the door closed.  Heck, Cookie has enough history of nipping and biting,  I wouldn't do it.  The list could go on and on. 

I've never seen Jason be mean to Cookie.  We've seen Jason take that dog out for her walk in all sorts of weather at all times of morning and night.  There's more to the story because I've never seen anything to suggest that Jason would be guilty of animal cruelty.

Sorry, but the dog was not put in a basement storage closet.  She was supposedly put in a storage room within the apartment according to Beth.  Beth 'never' said anything about the dog being put in the basement.  Cookie was then taken to the doggy place.  Which I have no doubt was very nice.  If Beth was sooo concerned about her dog, it was her responsibility to make proper arrangements.  It may have been Bryn's dog by default but it was Beth's responsibility to take care of it.  Bryn was like three years old. 

Beth has always been the great exaggerator.  So take the whole story with a grain of salt because we only have Beth's 'sound bites' on this.

Crap.  I don't even know where everyone slept when they both were still in the apartment.  Beth took Jason's man cave away for her closet.  Was there a guest room?  Bryn had a room.  There was an office. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Wendy said:

Then doesn't this suggest that Bethenny's words are inaccurate? Because she herself said the dog was in the apartment. Why is there a need for assumption?

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Beth has always been the great exaggerator.  So take the whole story with a grain of salt because we only have Beth's 'sound bites' on this.

This, this and this.

I can't get all worked up over some BS that Bethenny is putting out there. 

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is the reality Jason and Cookie haven't been around each other for four years.  There is no custody dispute over Cookie.  Presently there isn't even a custody dispute over Bryn,  Jason is being charged in criminal court. 

Jason not being available to answer to Bethenny when she left her dog unattended is really kind of silly.  The guy may have been at a business dinner, the movies or someplace where he had turned his phone off.   If she cared so much about her dog she would have made suitable arrangements for her care.  There has never been any testimony other than the dog was locked in a storage area with its bowl and bed IN THE APARTMENT.   The idea that it was outside the apartment is just fantasies by concerned dog owners. 

There really aren't storage rooms in the apartments in these old buildings. Her building states they have storage rooms in the basement.  Her apartment is small and her biggest storage "room" is that awesome closet. 

I would imagine she thought her dog would be safe in her own home. I know some of my relatives don't like my nippy and yippy dog all that much and he's a barker too. But they would never toss him our storage room that is windowless and scary. 

Wait, did this happen in her Soho apartment?  If not, never mind. Did they ever show her TriBeCa apartment when she lived there?

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 2
(edited)

Is this the apartment that is being referred to:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3824065/Bethenny-Frankel-lists-sleek-NYC-apartment-shared-ex-Jason-Hoppy-cool-6-95m.html

Plenty of space: According to its listing, the home is currently set up as a four-bedroom loft with an office, however it could be converted into a five-bedroom home

If that wasn't enough, the apartment comes with a laundry room, large private storage room and a private parking spot in the building's garage.

The storage room is not in the basement, it's on the same floor as the apartment.

But then she says that he took Cookie to a Doggy Hotel. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Lemons said:

There really aren't storage rooms in the apartments in these old buildings. Her building states they have storage rooms in the basement.  Her apartment is small and her biggest storage "room" is that awesome closet. 

I would imagine she thought her dog would be safe in her own home. I know some of my relatives don't like my nippy and yippy dog all that much and he's a barker too. But they would never toss him our storage room that is windowless and scary. 

Wait, did this happen in her Soho apartment?  If not, never mind. Did they ever show her TriBeCa apartment when she lived there?

It was the Tribeca apartment (yes, we've seen the apartment during BEA)  and Beth said that Cookie was in the storage room in the apartment.  I'm still trying to figure out how she knew this since she wasn't there.  I didn't read anything about Cookie being''tossed'.  And we have no idea of what the storage room was like.  It may not have had windows but it probably had lights. 

But, in any event, it was Beth's responsibility to take care of 'her' dog.

Heck, I could say that I put my cats in my closet when we moving into our house.  OMG.  How cruel am I.  Well, that closet is the size of a small bedroom (God, I love that closet and I'm so grateful).  It also has a closet in the closet which is for shoes.  Was I being cruel?  I don't think so.  Front door was opened and I didn't want them to get out.  They survived quite well. 

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

It was the Tribeca apartment (yes, we've seen the apartment during BEA)  and Beth said that Cookie was in the storage room in the apartment.  I'm still trying to figure out how she knew this since she wasn't there.  I didn't read anything about Cookie being''tossed'.  And we have no idea of what the storage room was like.  It may not have had windows but it probably had lights. 

Heck, I could say that I put my cats in my closet when we moving into our house.  OMG.  How cruel am I.  Well, that closet is the size of a small bedroom (God, I love that closet and I'm so grateful).  It also has a closet in the closet which is for shoes.  Was I being cruel?  I don't think so.  Front door was opened and I didn't want them to get out.  They survived quite well. 

Bottom line is, in my opinion, Bethenny is just not credible. She puts her own spin on events, exaggerates and lies to gain sympathy. 

Maybe Jason is a jerk sometimes, but then so is she, and I am not basing that on what I hear about Bethenny, it's what I have observed.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 9

I guess to me it doesn't much matter - except maybe to the degree of his cruelty

Why in the world is there so much argument about whether Cookie was locked in a closet in the apartment or somewhere else?

Yeah, there where isn't the issue so much as the actual act of doing what he did.

• Love 4

Which I have no reason to discount. LOL.

he was also reprimanded by the judge for tapping Bethenny and her staff, for hacking her work e-mails and now the harassment charges, all that paints Hoppy as a mentally unstable guy. 

Don't forget stalking too (or were those charges bundled up with the harassment?).

• Love 3
(edited)

Jason should have locked himself in the closet for that all important phone call

Or heck any of the other rooms and been Cookie-free...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Cookie seems to be a lot like her mom. "Tossed," "harmed," brutalized, victimized, etc. Except not even Bethenny has made those claims.

And, yeah, the idea that putting a pet within an enclosed interior space inside the home constitutes some sort of psychological torture is frankly bizarre to me because I, too, have had to secure my cats within bathrooms, bedrooms, even (gasp!) carriers at times when my apartment was scheduled to have a maintenance visit during the workday, I had to move, or, yes, prevent them from attacking guests for their salmon fillets.

Somehow they have survived without any lasting emotional damage. 

• Love 11

Sounds like you have better relatives than she has former spouses...

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Cookie seems to be a lot like her mom. "Tossed," "harmed," brutalized, victimized, etc. Except not even Bethenny has made those claims.

And, yeah, the idea that putting a pet within an enclosed interior space inside the home constitutes some sort of psychological torture is frankly bizarre to me because I, too, have had to secure my cats within bathrooms, bedrooms, even (gasp!) carriers at times when my apartment was scheduled to have a maintenance visit during the workday, I had to move, or, yes, prevent them from attacking guests for their salmon fillets.

Somehow they have survived without any lasting emotional damage. 

OK. Confession Time. Once, when my flooring was being installed, I had to leave my pup in the laundry room for a couple of hours with her bed and food and water. The guys had to keep my front door open while they trudged in and out with product. The alternative was that she would have run out the door and been hit by a car.

I am ok with that decision. She seems over it as well.

• Love 13

I looked at the pictures of her old TriBeCa apartment. They state the storage area is on the same floor but not in the apartment. They have a picture of it on Street Easy and it is a windowless room with pipes and shelves. I wonder if he left the light on.  That would be scary for the dog. That apartment was so big it's  ridiculous that he couldn't find a room to keep him in. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I can't get all worked up over some BS that Bethenny is putting out there. 

5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Bottom line is, in my opinion, Bethenny is just not credible. She puts her own spin on events, exaggerates and lies to gain sympathy. 

"Lost at sea."

"Homeless."

"I don't have parents."

• Love 15
On 6/13/2017 at 1:26 AM, lunastartron said:

Somehow they have survived without any lasting emotional damage

None that you know of... LOL! Maybe your dog needs therapy and you don't even know it..... ;-)