Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny was not always an angel when living with Jason post the divorce letter.  She threw water on him while he was sleeping, screamed he was white trash, had an on going dialogue with the press of their divorce.  So I don't think not flushing the toilet-was it once or 50 times, or having men stroll through their residence while a camera crew is there is all that tough. 

As to the marriage, I think it is fairly simple, Bethenny got rich and wanted to troll for someone more of her ilk.  Bethenny wanted to run with the A-list, move to LA and now she parties with Jamie Fox's crew and has Christina Aguilera as a party guest.  That has to beat the hell out of hanging with Bob and Carole once a month.  She has said she only dates guys with private jets now.  Her life took a major change and I do believe in her heart she thought Jason was the down to earth guy and would be suitable father material-which we have heard nothing to the contrary.   Bethenny is very verbal and because of that I don't think she realizes at times she can be irreparably abrasive.  Bethenny was pregnant with baby number two less than six  months before the separated-it could not have been all that bad with Jason.  It also sounded to me like Jason was never going to be able to compete with her success and wasn't all that thrilled to carry her purse.

After watching Bethenny through two Jasons and now Dennis, I think there is that hopeful romantic part of Bethenny that loves being in love and she just hasn't learned the going the distance part.  One thing I am quite certain of-it is wasted airtime for her to be giving relationship advice or even observations.

This!  Thank you.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I have always thought that the failure of their marriage was on both of them. They didn't really know each other well and were old enough to know better when they got married. They were not a good match, which I thought evident from the beginning. The whole deal with the grandparents wanting to be with them all the time drove me nuts. I can see an issue like this coming up out of the blue from two young people getting married, but they both should have had these types of discussions before they got to a place where it was an issue. They didn't take the time to really figure anything out. I like Beth, but this is as much her fault as it is Jason's. But it didn't have to be tragic. People marry the wrong people and get divorced all the time. That is just the way it happens. IMO Jason is the one who has prolonged all of the other shit. Could she have just written him the check he wanted? I've no idea and as far as I know no one else does either. I cannot imagine having any respect for a dude that refuses to leave a marital home where he is not loved or wanted. Where he is not paying the bills and seems as miserable as the other party. How could that possibly be good for the child? Everything I have ever read says that while divorce is hard on kids, living in a toxic environment with parents who detest each other is a bigger harm. And there is no doubt in my mind that he caused that toxic environment by refusing to leave a place where he was not wanted. From then on it's been nothing but one thing after another and I cannot imagine a world where he is considered anything except a total and complete d-bag. Which is not to say that Beth is perfect. I do not think that she is. But I do think that he is the one who has prolonged their issues time and time again. 

Amen.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Throwing water on someone while they're sleeping constitutes a pretty significant contribution to escalating and perpetuating a toxic environment IMO no matter if they're due "respect" and/or their masculinity remains legitimate. 

If someone threw a substance on Bethenny while she was asleep, I have no doubt that it would be the most savage physical brutalization and violation anyone had ever endured. 

In certain jurisdictions, it is arguably battery. 

I find it hard to believe that throwing water on your spouse would be considered battery, but whatever. I am certainly no Legal Eagle. 

Is it nice to throw water on your spouse? Probably not (I've done it to get Mr. Motorcity out of bed when he really really needed to and he thanked me). The thing is, we know she did it. She doesn't hide this shit. I completely get why many folks don't like Beth. Some of the HW's I scratch my head when folks find all of these things to not like. Beth, I get it completely. She would not be for everyone. I like her more now than I did way back when, but won't deny that she would might scare the shit out of me in real life. But she is the real deal. Always has been. She isn't covering any of it up. She throws it right out there on the TV, take it or leave it. I can always take folks better when I know the score. The shit that Jason does sounds more devious. Seems like he wants to be portrayed differently than he really is. Those are the types of people who make me nervous. 

7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

In any event, I really enjoy debating with you.  It's always interesting when we posters can agree so much on one housewife (you and me on Kyle) and then disagree on another housewife.   

Right back at ya, Breezy!

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I find it hard to believe that throwing water on your spouse would be considered battery, but whatever. I am certainly no Legal Eagle. 

Is it nice to throw water on your spouse? Probably not (I've done it to get Mr. Motorcity out of bed when he really really needed to and he thanked me). The thing is, we know she did it. She doesn't hide this shit. I completely get why many folks don't like Beth. Some of the HW's I scratch my head when folks find all of these things to not like. Beth, I get it completely. She would not be for everyone. I like her more now than I did way back when, but won't deny that she would might scare the shit out of me in real life. But she is the real deal. Always has been. She isn't covering any of it up. She throws it right out there on the TV, take it or leave it. I can always take folks better when I know the score. The shit that Jason does sounds more devious. Seems like he wants to be portrayed differently than he really is. Those are the types of people who make me nervous. 

Right back at ya, Breezy!

Hum, no. Beth was not forthcoming in many instances.

For example,her relationship with Denis. I can't really keep up with all the details but she first claimed to be alone when she was with him and then said that he was not married when he clearly was and still is.

Her bullshit while pretending to keeping it real is one of her worst qualities, imo.

in any case, they are all hypocrite. Beth while not the worst of the lot is certainely not the most truthful nor open.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I have always thought that the failure of their marriage was on both of them. They didn't really know each other well and were old enough to know better when they got married. They were not a good match, which I thought evident from the beginning. The whole deal with the grandparents wanting to be with them all the time drove me nuts. I can see an issue like this coming up out of the blue from two young people getting married, but they both should have had these types of discussions before they got to a place where it was an issue. They didn't take the time to really figure anything out. I like Beth, but this is as much her fault as it is Jason's. But it didn't have to be tragic. People marry the wrong people and get divorced all the time. That is just the way it happens. IMO Jason is the one who has prolonged all of the other shit. Could she have just written him the check he wanted? I've no idea and as far as I know no one else does either. I cannot imagine having any respect for a dude that refuses to leave a marital home where he is not loved or wanted. Where he is not paying the bills and seems as miserable as the other party. How could that possibly be good for the child? Everything I have ever read says that while divorce is hard on kids, living in a toxic environment with parents who detest each other is a bigger harm. And there is no doubt in my mind that he caused that toxic environment by refusing to leave a place where he was not wanted. From then on it's been nothing but one thing after another and I cannot imagine a world where he is considered anything except a total and complete d-bag. Which is not to say that Beth is perfect. I do not think that she is. But I do think that he is the one who has prolonged their issues time and time again. 

Bethenny and Jason started dating in November of 2008 and got married in March of 2010-it is not as if the met at the altar.  They actually lived the one year plan Ramona referred to including a death-Bethenny's father.  They were making plans to move into together and Jason said he would be something more and Bethenny agreed.  So they dated a year before they became engaged.  How long did they need?  I am of the belief they were a pretty happy little family and then great fortune came Bethenny's way and I truly believed it changed her view on things.  Some people do change and if they are with someone who drag their feet it is a deal killer.

I always thought the biggest problem between the two of them is although Bethenny was originally enchanted by the Hoppys, and how very kind of her to name her daughter for Jason's deceased brother, it was just not a scene she really wanted to foster once the big money came in.  I remember when Perez Hilton leaked the news of her pregnancy and Jason was pretty dismayed as they had not told his parents and Bethenny suggested they hop in the car and drive to New York so they could tell them before it hit the news.  Due to the fact her family was so fractured I just think she could not comprehend it was not Jason's preference to just file away the Hoppys.   I get not want to hang with the Hoppys and there is a value in having grandparents in a child's life.  I have no idea what finally broke them up but I doubt it was the Hoppys. 

I think it is asking a lot of a person you dump by letter, to get out of the marital home.  Forget the impending litigation as to ownership, but damn -I want to divorce now get out of the house and leave the kid is asking a lot of someone.  I don't want you anymore.  That was Bethenny's downfall she once again could not understand that promises mean something and she had promised to love and live with Jason.  Had the situation been reversed and a man struck it rich during the marriage and built a home with wife and then  told the wife get out and leave the kid he would considered beyond a douche bag.  As to prolonging issues that is what happens in a contested divorce.  Betehnny wanted both a financial and public win and like most cases there really are no winners.  As viewers we are at a disadvantage because we have never heard Jason's side.  I am glad to live in a country that has a justice system that protects the rights of both parents.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Unfortunately, her stubbornness, greed and need to control won't allow B to get rid of her problem.

OTOH, I do not get the idea that he would be abusive to his daughter.

Although, it can be argued that by hurting the mother, he also hurts the child.

Why did she fall for him?

he should have been a one night stand at best.

was he really that great in bed?

Ref. boldface.  I'm not sure if you saw B and J on their reality show. They SEEMED to have good chemistry.  She would be B, if you know what I mean, but, he would balance her out.  She was scattered, frantic, freaking out, etc.   He was pragmatic, assuring, diplomatic, etc.    That appealed to her.  She said so.  There's just one problem. I'm no mental health professional, but, I'll repeat what I have heard.  People who thrive on drama, can't let it alone, because there has to be a tumultuous situation in order to feel normal, because calm does NOT comfort them long term.  They think they want it, but, they can't handle it. They have to create the drama or move on to a new situation and find it there.  This is MY THEORY.  That's why B can't be happy.  This is one reaon why she admits and even brags to her psychiatrist that she's a ball buster.  She has to have the drama, confrontation, and angst in a relationship.  Only, it eventually blows up or she gets bored and moves on. 

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. boldface.  I'm not sure if you saw B and J on their reality show. They SEEMED to have good chemistry.  She would be B, if you know what I mean, but, he would balance her out.  She was scattered, frantic, freaking out, etc.   He was pragmatic, assuring, diplomatic, etc.    That appealed to her.  She said so.  There's just one problem. I'm no mental health professional, but, I'll repeat what I have heard.  People who thrive on drama, can't let it alone, because there has to be a tumultuous situation in order to feel normal, because calm does NOT comfort them long term.  They think they want it, but, they can't handle it. They have to create the drama or move on to a new situation and find it there.  This is MY THEORY.  That's why B can't be happy.  This is one reaon why she admits and even brags to her psychiatrist that she's a ball buster.  She has to have the drama, confrontation, and angst in a relationship.  Only, it eventually blows up or she gets bored and moves on. 

(edited)
13 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I cannot imagine having any respect for a dude that refuses to leave a marital home where he is not loved or wanted. Where he is not paying the bills and seems as miserable as the other party. How could that possibly be good for the child? Everything I have ever read says that while divorce is hard on kids, living in a toxic environment with parents who detest each other is a bigger harm. And there is no doubt in my mind that he caused that toxic environment by refusing to leave a place where he was not wanted.

I agree that it says a lot about Jason that he wouldn't leave the apartment. Because that shit doesn't just affect Bethenny - it affected him too. He could not have been happy living there in the midst of a contentious divorce. There is no way it could have felt like a happy home to him. Which means he had to have been doing it out of sheer spite and contempt for Bethenny. To willfully live out of spite like that speaks to his general level of rage and hostility. I think I've made it very clear that I pretty much cannot stand Bethenny at this point (and I used to like her back in the day), and I have no doubt she uses Jason's antics as one more reason to be miserable, but I also totally believe that he is every bit as scummy as she makes him out to be.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I agree that it says a lot about Jason that he wouldn't leave the apartment. Because that shit doesn't just affect Bethenny - it affected him too. He could not have been happy living there in the midst of a contentious divorce. There is no way it could have felt like a happy home to him. Which means he had to have been doing it out of sheer spite and contempt for Bethenny. To willfully live out of spite like that speaks to his general level of rage and hostility. I think I've made it very clear that I pretty much cannot stand Bethenny at this point (and I used to like her back in the day), and I have no doubt she uses Jason's antics as one more reason to be miserable, but I also totally believe that he is every bit as scummy as she makes him out to be.

Frankly, in New York divorces the attorney advice their clients not to leave the marital house.

I have seen friends going thru horrible situations, yet were forced to stay put. This probably was the case there as well.

It was his home as well.

For many divorces turn into wars at the urge of their attorneys, especially when there are substantial assets.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, ryebread said:
28 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

b6ef05717d1b7c3fc25ba0fa06cb6268.jpg

I loved their chemistry on the show.   It appeared they really loved each other - as much as these two know about real love.   To me, it was evident, mainly by their behavior in the beginning and Beth naming the baby after Jason's brother.   Money and pride made that marriage crash and burn.   But even if they had somehow acclimated to having all that money and Jason found his professional niche,  I think there's that thing about Bethenny (bolded above) that would have doomed them anyway.  I'm not saying it would be all her fault, just that there have been so many people who have told us that she's a relationship ruiner - we've seen with our own eyes how caustic she can be (imagine living with it?  You always hurt the ones you love, most)

All that said, I was sad to see their marriage end.  It always shocks me when 2 people can be so in love that they get married (usually with big, $plashy receptions) and then it's over in under 5 years.

• Love 12

Leaving the marital residence, can have legal consequences, as LIMOM says.  I don't know their particular situation, but, it can be complicated on paper. It can be incredibly stressful.   I have actually known parents who did voluntarily rotate out of the house weekly, so the minor children could stay in the same home.  It takes very committed parents and isn't feasible for a lot of people, though, for obvious reasons. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, LIMOM said:

Frankly, in New York divorces the attorney advice their clients not to leave the marital house.

I have seen friends going thru horrible situations, yet were forced to stay put. This probably was the case there as well.

It was his home as well.

For many divorces turn into wars at the urge of their attorneys, especially when there are substantial assets.

Not just in New York.   There are consequences if you're first to leave the marital home in Michigan, too.  Plus, I can see Jason not wanting to leave Bryn.  He was more or less the stay-at-home parent.  I, as the stay-at-home parent, would in no way leave the house and my kid at that age especially if my spouse was working his ass off and never home.  I'd suck it up and behave myself until the divorce was final.  But it sounds like those two ninnies were immature/stupid and allegedly went after each other in front of Bryn.  So it might've been better if one of them left.  But there's that pesky legal reason not to leave the home until things are ironed out.

Bolded part:  Someone told me once about this couple who started out with an amicable divorce.  There was money involved.  The wife didn't want to screw her soon-to-be-ex over but her attorney encouraged her to go for his throat.  She wasn't happy with it but went along because the attorney said, "You aren't happy with me now, but you're gonna loooove me later."  Ugh.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I agree that it says a lot about Jason that he wouldn't leave the apartment. Because that shit doesn't just affect Bethenny - it affected him too. He could not have been happy living there in the midst of a contentious divorce. There is no way it could have felt like a happy home to him. Which means he had to have been doing it out of sheer spite and contempt for Bethenny.

Bolded last line, mine. Or he just wanted to be with Bryn all the time? 

Does it change things that he was the stay at home parent at the time?  I mean, if I was a guy and my wife working all day making the bacon and then out most nights promoting herself and her brand, would I move out of the house?  Probably not.  I'm sure most of the care for Bryn was at Jason's hand during those early days of Bethenny's mega million dollar brand and Bryn's babyhood.  Moving out would mean, either taking Bryn with him - and you know THAT wasn't going to happen if Beth had anything to say about it - or turning a lot of Bryn's care over to a live-in nanny that Beth is not opposed to and would certainly require with her work schedule.  If I were Jason, I'd prefer to stay and raise my daughter. 

But I'd also try to make nice.  And perhaps he did try to make nice.  If we're gonna believe he left doodies in the toilet and walked around in his underpants to make Beth miserable, I suppose I can believe the contrary.  That he was trying to make everything nice in the beginning and reconcile.  That's why he was still wearing his wedding ring way after the papers were filed.  I suppose we'll never know what the truth is.

• Love 4

It's 100% true that you are told in NY to NOT leave the marital home. My ex and I lived together for months after we had decided to divorce. Eventually it got too stressful and I didn't like that it was trickling out to the kids (even though ours was amicable) and he decided to move out. There was also the fact that we both worked full time but I paid the vast majority of the mortgage. You really have to be on good terms to work any of that out. I think, to this day, there is resentment on his part over it (and on mine over other things). It's really, really difficult to come out of divorce with out massive ugliness. Mine was amicable and I think it was still total hell and things are way crappier now than I would like them to be. This is also why I'll never get married again. :)

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Does it change things that he was the stay at home parent at the time?  I mean, if I was a guy and my wife working all day making the bacon and then out most nights promoting herself and her brand, would I move out of the house?  Probably not.  I'm sure most of the care for Bryn was at Jason's hand during those early days of Bethenny's mega million dollar brand and Bryn's babyhood.  Moving out would mean, either taking Bryn with him - and you know THAT wasn't going to happen if Beth had anything to say about it - or turning a lot of Bryn's care over to a live-in nanny that Beth is not opposed to and would certainly require with her work schedule.  If I were Jason, I'd prefer to stay and raise my daughter. 

But I'd also try to make nice.  And perhaps he did try to make nice.  If we're gonna believe he left doodies in the toilet and walked around in his underpants to make Beth miserable, I suppose I can believe the contrary.  That he was trying to make everything nice in the beginning and reconcile.  That's why he was still wearing his wedding ring way after the papers were filed.  I suppose we'll never know what the truth is.

Bethenny during her days of "torture" living under the same roof as Jason, was also palling around with Warren Lichtenstein and flying off to, St. Tropez, St. Barths, Hong Kong and Aspen with the guy and without Bryn.  Jason of course was taking exotic trips to Hazelton, PA.  Of interest among being incredibly wealthy Lichtenstein chaired a forum on parental alienation after seeking more time with his daughter.  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bethenny-frankel-vacations-with-warren-lichtenstein-in-saint-tropez--just-friends-2013197  I am curious as her great friend, why he would not encourage Bethenny to share custody.     I cannot imagine living under the same roof with someone I was in a contentious divorce with and in this particular instance Bethenny was the one with the superior financial situation and ability to find other housing.   In the long run is was probably best for the first five years of Bryn's life she lived at the same address.  The home lovingly created by her parents.

Although I prefer people flush the toilet I have yet to be traumatized by pushing the button on the top of the toilet to flush the toilet.  It is not as if one has to fish out solid waste with the bare hands.  Years ago in the Bay Area of California, during one of our droughts there were signs in some public toilets, "If it is brown flush it down, if it is yellow let it mellow."  Water conservation.   

• Love 7
(edited)

tumblr_mi1mc5jkQd1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

but I also totally believe that he is every bit as scummy as she makes him out to be.

Possibly even more so.

Which means he had to have been doing it out of sheer spite and contempt for Bethenny.

Among other reasons, but wouldn't be surprised to learn that was the primary one.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Possibly even more so.

Among other reasons, but wouldn't be surprised to learn that was the primary one.

Oh my god.  That gif gave me a seizure. LOL

It's possible Jason is everything Beth says.  We'll never know quite how rotten Beth was to him because he's had the class to keep his piehole shut.  Good for him, for Bryn's sake.

But based on what Bethenny shows us every week, it's not hard to imagine what a tortured, caustic floating-turd-in-a-bowl she can be.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny during her days of "torture" living under the same roof as Jason, was also palling around with Warren Lichtenstein and flying off to, St. Tropez, St. Barths, Hong Kong and Aspen with the guy and without Bryn.  Jason of course was taking exotic trips to Hazelton, PA.  Of interest among being incredibly wealthy Lichtenstein chaired a forum on parental alienation after seeking more time with his daughter.  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bethenny-frankel-vacations-with-warren-lichtenstein-in-saint-tropez--just-friends-2013197  I am curious as her great friend, why he would not encourage Bethenny to share custody.     I cannot imagine living under the same roof with someone I was in a contentious divorce with and in this particular instance Bethenny was the one with the superior financial situation and ability to find other housing.   In the long run is was probably best for the first five years of Bryn's life she lived at the same address.  The home lovingly created by her parents.

Although I prefer people flush the toilet I have yet to be traumatized by pushing the button on the top of the toilet to flush the toilet.  It is not as if one has to fish out solid waste with the bare hands.  Years ago in the Bay Area of California, during one of our droughts there were signs in some public toilets, "If it is brown flush it down, if it is yellow let it mellow."  Water conservation.   

She is so freaking shallow. Typical materialistic 

Long Island princess.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

We also have to factor in that Bethenny first filed for "sole" custody (Jason did as well but only after Bethenny did) then changed it to "primary" custody, Jason then changed his to "shared" custody. Soooo, I can understand why he stayed in the apartment during the custody/divorce hearings, I really doubt that had he moved out that Bethenny would have allowed Bryn to stay with Jason overnight let alone every other week.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

It was his home as well.

Admittedly, I know nothing about legalities of divorce. I do know it would be hell for me to share a home with someone that I did not like. I also don't think it would be good for my child. If I had been in Bethenny/Jason's shoes, I would have worked overtime to make sure we could somehow peacefully coexist in the midst of everything if we had to live together. But honestly, I cannot imagine living somewhere so uncomfortable 24/7.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

We also have to factor in that Bethenny first filed for "sole" custody (Jason did as well but only after Bethenny did) then changed it to "primary" custody, Jason then changed his to "shared" custody. Soooo, I can understand why he stayed in the apartment during the custody/divorce hearings, I really doubt that had he moved out that Bethenny would have allowed Bryn to stay with Jason overnight let alone every other week.

Unless she was travelling to Hong Kong, St, Tropez, Aspen or St. Barths.  It is a little difficult to argue you should have sole custody, because the other parent isn't fit when you are off travelling the globe and leaving the child with the other parent.  Sometimes attorneys go to far and suggest illogical filings and other times attorneys don't go far enough in discouraging clients from illogical filings.     

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Admittedly, I know nothing about legalities of divorce. I do know it would be hell for me to share a home with someone that I did not like. I also don't think it would be good for my child. If I had been in Bethenny/Jason's shoes, I would have worked overtime to make sure we could somehow peacefully coexist in the midst of everything if we had to live together. But honestly, I cannot imagine living somewhere so uncomfortable 24/7.

Bethenny admitted in court she had threatened Jason with never seeing their daughter again.  So why would he move out?  Sometimes you have to suck it up for the child.  When Bethenny finally moved out she took all of Bryn's clothes and toys and left one pot in the kitchen.  That was cold.  She wasn't all that magnanimous.

Bethenny wasn't there 24/7 she was travelling some of the time and she had a talk show.  I would like to think with the exception of few incidents directly involving the child, Bethenny and her staff enjoyed pretty free run of the home.   I don't recall ever hearing about Jason being a bad dad with the exception her Bethenny's tirade about him feeding her animal protein when she was aiming for a diet where protein was supplied through legumes.  I guess that changed because Brynn is the inspiration behind Skinnygirl lunch meat.  In the beginning there was definitely some control issues which this court put a lid on. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

As mentioned above, this is a really easy thing to do. He knows where he works, so figuring out his email address is fairly easy to accomplish. Might take a couple of tries to see if it is Dennis_Shields or D.Sheilds or something like that, but certainly anyone could quickly get it. 

Going to such measures as easy as it is...clearly shows "stalker" behavior

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

She is so freaking shallow. Typical materialistic 

Long Island princess.

Whatever happened to those people?  They'd make good Housewife fodder.  How old would they be now? Thirties?..Sonja and Ramona could work their way through dating their daddies.  It has potential to be embarrassing entertaining.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Admittedly, I know nothing about legalities of divorce. I do know it would be hell for me to share a home with someone that I did not like.

But it's probable that it would have been hell for Jason to leave Bryn with a nutter like Beth who was rarely home. 

If I had to pick my own uncomfortableness with a living situation over leaving my child (even with someone I didn't think was a lunatic) I'd stay and try to find a way to make it work until a legal custody agreement could be reached.

• Love 10
(edited)
26 minutes ago, ryebread said:

But it's probable that it would have been hell for Jason to leave Bryn with a nutter like Beth who was rarely home. 

If I had to pick my own uncomfortableness with a living situation over leaving my child (even with someone I didn't think was a lunatic) I'd stay and try to find a way to make it work until a legal custody agreement could be reached.

At the end of the day, we all have limited information as to what really went down between them. And it is a safe bet they both did their fair share of contributing to the  nastiness of the situation. That said, one of them is facing criminal charges right now, and is on the receiving end of a restraining order, so I think that says something. But I am someone who believes that very often where there is smoke, there is fire...

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Go to Watch What Crappens Live. #469 

"Please tell me it's not about chicken".

Fast forward to "44:10" on the episode. Sounds like Bryn doesn't want to go home to mommy.

As much as I dislike Bethenny, I hope it was just that Bryn wasn't ready to go home and go to bed, not that she didn't want to go home to mommy! Many a night, our granddaughter (5) isn't ready to go home when it's time to leave with daddy. It doesn't mean she hates her dad or her home but that she is having fun with PapPap and I and wants to keep playing. Going home means bed time! LOL

• Love 10

That said, one of them is facing criminal charges right now, and is on the receiving end of a restraining order, so I think that says something.

It says quite a bit about Jason, facing the criminal charges and has a restraining order issued against him.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

As much as I dislike Bethenny, I hope it was just that Bryn wasn't ready to go home and go to bed, not that she didn't want to go home to mommy! Many a night, our granddaughter (5) isn't ready to go home when it's time to leave with daddy. It doesn't mean she hates her dad or her home but that she is having fun with PapPap and I and wants to keep playing. Going home means bed time! LOL

I have the same experience with my grandbabies ( 7 and 5)  They don't want me to leave after spending a weekend with them. So you may be right. Being Grandma is really special.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I have the same experience with my grandbabies ( 7 and 5)  They don't want me to leave after spending a weekend with them. So you may be right. Being Grandma is really special.

Best job in the world! Spoil them and then send them home! LOL

I don't think Jason is trying to turn Bryn against Bethenny and I don't think it's that Bryn doesn't want to be at her mom's home either. At least I pray neither of those are true.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Best job in the world! Spoil them and then send them home! LOL

I don't think Jason is trying to turn Bryn against Bethenny and I don't think it's that Bryn doesn't want to be at her mom's home either. At least I pray neither of those are true.

I think Bethenny and Jason are too busy trying to "destroy" each other and are making fools out of themselves.   I have no doubt their daughter loves both of them to pieces.  Where Jason has a slight advantage is he has parents that love and adore her.  I feel for Bethenny in that she was unable to cobble together what remains of her family for the sake of Bryn.  Sometimes lousy parents can make wonderful grandparents.  

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Bethenny and Jason are too busy trying to "destroy" each other and are making fools out of themselves.   I have no doubt their daughter loves both of them to pieces.  Where Jason has a slight advantage is he has parents that love and adore her.  I feel for Bethenny in that she was unable to cobble together what remains of her family for the sake of Bryn.  Sometimes lousy parents can make wonderful grandparents.  

At the reunion last year, she announced that she had reached out to her mother because Bryn was asking about Bethenny's parents. She stated that she was going to take Bryn to meet her in person and would also invite her former step-father as well. Oh course, it was just a way to deflect from her behavior at the reunion, IMO, she never had any intentions to have Bryn meet either of them. I said it then, that this wondrous meeting never took place and it never did! It was all a stunt to make herself look less vile and she used her daughter to do it. She just can't put anyone else before herself, including her own daughter.

• Love 8
On 6/2/2017 at 4:57 PM, HunterHunted said:

I'm going to make a really tortured sports analogy, tortured because I don't know anything about sports. But say you're at bat in baseball, it's the bottom of the eighth inning and you're the last at bat. You're team is down by a decent amount, but you have two runners on base. The pitcher keeps throwing garbage pitches and though you know you shouldn't swing at them, you do because you feel like you might never catch up if you don't. And you certainly don't know if the ninth inning will be any better. Basically Bethenny and Jason are the batter who swung at a pitch that didn't seem too terrible, but was ultimately pretty bad.

Both Bethenny and Jason wanted to be married and have a kid. They were at the stage in their lives when that was absolutely in their 5 year plan. I think they liked each other well enough, but Bethenny and Jason ignored some of the more troubling issues with each other. I think he thought she was a more candid and successful version of the sort of no nonsense New York women he had been dating for 20 or so years. She's not. I think she thought that he was basically a completely supportive beta male. Though his negging should have been a sign that the passive aggressive is strong with this one. They saw each other as a person who hit more checkboxes than not, they were getting to be an age that the options weren't getting better, and they wanted kids so the choice was "why not" and not "we love, respect, and support each other."

Beautiful analogy.  Love this!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Totally true. My ex's mother was terrible, to put it mildly. Completely unreliable and selfish. She is, however, a wonderful grandmother. If it can be managed, I think it's always good to have as many people who love your children around as possible because they can never have too much love and support. That said, I'd be kind of shocked if Beth's mom would be so great at being a grandmother either. I would like to hope that she would though. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

At the reunion last year, she announced that she had reached out to her mother because Bryn was asking about Bethenny's parents. She stated that she was going to take Bryn to meet her in person and would also invite her former step-father as well. Oh course, it was just a way to deflect from her behavior at the reunion, IMO, she never had any intentions to have Bryn meet either of them. I said it then, that this wondrous meeting never took place and it never did! It was all a stunt to make herself look less vile and she used her daughter to do it. She just can't put anyone else before herself, including her own daughter.

Bethenny's call might have been a stunt to deflect from her own behavior, but Bernadette's response to the call was garbage and awful.

I don’t think she really reached out, her daughter asked about me. She didn’t reach out; the daughter did.

Birk said that she has never met Bryn, but had a chat with her and barely interacted with Bethenny during the phone call.

'Well, I just said hello,' she recalled. 'I don’t know the child. I’ve never seen her, so it was very short little conversation. I asked her about her school and her age and just simple little questions. I didn’t really speak to the mother that much.'

While one would think that getting back in touch with your child after 12 years of not speaking would be an emotional experience, Birk said she 'really had no feelings at all' about the situation.

I can't imagine being a parent and letting your child have any interaction with that woman. So while Bethenny and Bernadette have been estranged for years and Bethenny makes an effort for Bryn to talk to Bernadette, Bernadette's response was a big old who fucking cares. Why would I take my child to meet someone whose response was what Bernadette's was?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny's call might have been a stunt to deflect from her own behavior, but Bernadette's response to the call was garbage and awful.

I can't imagine being a parent and letting your child have any interaction with that woman. So while Bethenny and Bernadette have been estranged for years and Bethenny makes an effort for Bryn to talk to Bernadette, Bernadette's response was a big old who fucking cares. Why would I take my child to meet someone whose response was what Bernadette's was?

When Bethenny got pregnant, then had Bryn, Bernadette reached out to her and Bethenny slammed the door shut and then pounded nails in the door to secure it. Bethenny has bad mouthed her mom on national TV since she got on the NY HW show. Bernadette kept her mouth closed until Bethenny's second year on the show and then when some tabloid/blogger called her, she told her side of the story. She went so far as to give them old photos of Bethenny contradicting Bethenny's claims against her mother.

Look, I think Bernadette is a piece of work but I also think Bethenny is a chip off the old block plus. Both of them are as nasty as they come, both are bitter and both blame the other. But, Bethenny threw down first (publically) when she used her mother as fodder for the show and as an excuse for why she was/is so nasty. Hell, Bethenny forgave the her ex step father, who beat her mother in front of her, on national TV and told him she would be bringing Bryn to meet him (which she has not done! So it was also another ploy at sympathy and nothing more) 2 + years before she pulled this stunt with her mom then announced it at the reunion, again as a deflection from her own ugly behavior/guilt. I don't blame Bernadette for calling this out for what it really was, a publicity/sympathy stunt and nothing more. Also, Bethenny pretty much expressed the same sentiment about her mother when she told the story on the reunion, Bethenny admitted she really did not want a relationship with her mom but was willing to arrange/allow Bryn to meet her nonetheless. Bethenny has no problem and doesn't hesitate using her mother to make herself look sympathetic, like the victim of all victims. This time though, she used both her mother and her daughter in order to do it, IMO, that is far worse than anything Bernadette said in that snippet you posted.

• Love 8

As the oldest and supposedly wisest, it would have been great for Bernadette to keep mum. But hey that is just me.

Does anyone know if Bernadette have any other children/stepchildren?

• Love 5
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

When Bethenny got pregnant, then had Bryn, Bernadette reached out to her and Bethenny slammed the door shut and then pounded nails in the door to secure it. Bethenny has bad mouthed her mom on national TV since she got on the NY HW show. Bernadette kept her mouth closed until Bethenny's second year on the show and then when some tabloid/blogger called her, she told her side of the story. She went so far as to give them old photos of Bethenny contradicting Bethenny's claims against her mother.

Look, I think Bernadette is a piece of work but I also think Bethenny is a chip off the old block plus. Both of them are as nasty as they come, both are bitter and both blame the other. But, Bethenny threw down first (publically) when she used her mother as fodder for the show and as an excuse for why she was/is so nasty. Hell, Bethenny forgave the her ex step father, who beat her mother in front of her, on national TV and told him she would be bringing Bryn to meet him (which she has not done! So it was also another ploy at sympathy and nothing more) 2 + years before she pulled this stunt with her mom then announced it at the reunion, again as a deflection from her own ugly behavior/guilt. I don't blame Bernadette for calling this out for what it really was, a publicity/sympathy stunt and nothing more. Also, Bethenny pretty much expressed the same sentiment about her mother when she told the story on the reunion, Bethenny admitted she really did not want a relationship with her mom but was willing to arrange/allow Bryn to meet her nonetheless. Bethenny has no problem and doesn't hesitate using her mother to make herself look sympathetic, like the victim of all victims. This time though, she used both her mother and her daughter in order to do it, IMO, that is far worse than anything Bernadette said in that snippet you posted.

To me, if I decide to go on a candid reality show, I think I owe a certain duty, whether I like my family or not, to not bring them up for scrutiny or ridicule.  It is one thing if you have the moonshine drinking Tamra Sue Waddle (Barney) clan on and they choose to expose their ways, it is another to start spouting off incredibly negative comments about family that has no desire to be a part of the show or even a Bravolebrity's life.  I find Bernadette very damaged and if her daughter had not spoken to her for 10 years, maybe she should not speak of her.  Same with Bobby Frankel, I thought it was nice when Bethenny took us on a tour of the race track and she rubbed elbows with some of his friends the first season but when she chose to share his last words-not so much so.  Obviously the man was at odds with Bethenny because he initially turned her away from his death bed.  Now if a Bravolebrity persists in bringing up family members I really don't have issue if they defend themselves. 

I do believe many of the Jason v. Bethenny issues would have been minimalized if Bethenny would have respected Jason's wishes and kept their divorce woes out of the public eye.  I get Bethenny is all about her brand, all the time, but this is one of those situations where it wasn't really about branding but real life.  Even candid comments such as, "I don't want those people to raise my daughter," yikes.  Okay to say out of the public eye but not so good publicly.

Jason for whatever reason decided to settle-for what he wanted in the first place joint custody, rather than cross-exam or even present his case.  Now he is in a position where if he is seeking a not guilty verdict he has to spill.  I don't see Jason's problems going away because the prosecution doesn't make its case resulting in a directed verdict.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

As the oldest and supposedly wisest, it would have been great for Bernadette to keep mum. But hey that is just me.

Agreed. It's great if grandmothers can be involved in the childrens' lives but I don't feel so great about the chances of Bernadette being a positive addition. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Agreed. It's great if grandmothers can be involved in the childrens' lives but I don't feel so great about the chances of Bernadette being a positive addition. 

This is the latest from Beth's mom. She pops up every couple of years and says something like this....she really is a piece of work. 

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/05/26/bethenny-frankels-mother-slams-her-new-shark-tank-gig/

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

As long as bloggers/tabloids keep calling her, she will put her 2 cents worth in every time, just like her daughter does about everyone else. LOL

1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

This is the latest from Beth's mom. She pops up every couple of years and says something like this....she really is a piece of work. 

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/05/26/bethenny-frankels-mother-slams-her-new-shark-tank-gig/

"Attempted"? Bethenny didn't attempt anything other than trying to use her mother to remind us she was so damaged in childhood that she is unaccountable for her nasty behavior as an adult. And Yes, Bernadette should keep her mouth closed about Bethenny when these bloggers call her for comments, just as much as Bethenny needs to stop using her mother as a sympathy ploy. Poor Bryn!

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Same with Bobby Frankel, I thought it was nice when Bethenny took us on a tour of the race track and she rubbed elbows with some of his friends the first season but when she chose to share his last words-not so much so.  Obviously the man was at odds with Bethenny because he initially turned her away from his death bed.  

She was turned away due to the cameras initially.  The two at his bedside when he died were his ex wife Bonita with whom he remained close and Bethenny. Source:   http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/145844/hall-of-famer-bobby-frankel-dies-at-68

Bethenny eulogized him days later. 

Days after that, on the boat she called him a "terrible horrible person". Id give a fortune to know what she said in the eulogy.  

I would like to know what she got in his estate.  I feel like that whole L.A. move thing was because she would have been best off financially to roll his house sale money into another CA property. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 2

Yikes. She most certainly is.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

She was turned away due to the cameras initially.  The two at his bedside when he died were his ex wife Bonita with whom he remained close and Bethenny. Source:   http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/145844/hall-of-famer-bobby-frankel-dies-at-68

Days after that, on the boat she called him a "terrible horrible person". Id give a fortune to know what she said in the eulogy.  

I would like to know what she got in his estate.  I feel like that whole L.A. move thing was because she would have been best off financially to roll his house sale money into another CA property. 

It happens all the time. People rarely say in their eulogy what they often think, or they are very careful with their words. There is always something nice to say without getting into the ugly underbelly of who they were.  I had to eulogize my father, on my birthday no less. I said some really nice things, which were true things. People cried. I just didn't talk about all of the other things. The horrible things. But he was an asshole, which I was screaming about the night before the eulogy when I sat with all my sibs trying to find a way to make comments that were funeral worthy so as not to start a shit-show. I was saying he was an asshole the day after. Saying the true things would not have been appropriate, however at the funeral with is parents, siblings, and business people around who loved him and thought he could do no wrong. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I don't think Bethenny was at her dad's funeral:  http://www.eonline.com/news/635597/chris-harrison-slams-bethenny-frankel-i-didn-t-like-how-she-treated-her-dad-after-he-passed-away I added this article to reinforce the point Bethenny should have honored her parents wishes and kept them off the show.  According to this article Bethenny did not attend her father's funeral. I believe the bulk of Frankel's estate went to the employees of his business.   Just like the telephone call between she and her mom.  Why not just do it without having to talk about it?  http://www.realitytea.com/2016/07/01/bethenny-frankel-calls-her-mom-jason-hoppy-moves-out-divorce-over/

• Love 7