Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

She spoke.  Source: http://www.drf.com/news/frankel-recalled-tough-yet-tender

8 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It happens all the time. People rarely say in their eulogy what they often think, or they are very careful with their words. There is always something nice to say without getting into the ugly underbelly of who they were.  I had to eulogize my father, on my birthday no less. 

MCM I am very sorry for your loss, and truly for the difficulty of that experience especially on your birthday.  

• Love 5

It happens all the time. People rarely say in their eulogy what they often think, or they are very careful with their words. There is always something nice to say without getting into the ugly underbelly of who they were.  I had to eulogize my father, on my birthday no less. I said some really nice things, which were true things. People cried. I just didn't talk about all of the other things. The horrible things. But he was an asshole, which I was screaming about the night before the eulogy when I sat with all my sibs trying to find a way to make comments that were funeral worthy so as not to start a shit-show. I was saying he was an asshole the day after. Saying the true things would not have been appropriate, however at the funeral with is parents, siblings, and business people around who loved him and thought he could do no wrong. 

Sorry for your loss and what you went through.

• Love 1
(edited)

What was her beef with her father?

as far as moving to California, it was because Ellen wanted the show to be based in LA. Never heard, anything about her dad's house.

Edited by LIMOM
39 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

What was her beef with her father?

as far as moving to California, it was because Ellen wanted the show to be based in LA. Never heard, anything about her dad's house.

I believe it had to do with him moving to California and having little to do with her after the divorce.  When she was trying to make in Hollywood she connected with her dad and he did walk her down the aisle the first time for her LA wedding.

Had they stayed together Jason and Bethenny might have moved to California as a family.   I believe she did the pilot in California.  Once Bethenny decided to end the marriage there was no way Jason would agree to her moving with their daughter to California.  In hindsight since her talk show only lasted one season it was probably all for the best they (she) didn't make the move. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe it had to do with him moving to California and having little to do with her after the divorce.  When she was trying to make in Hollywood she connected with her dad and he did walk her down the aisle the first time for her LA wedding.

Had they stayed together Jason and Bethenny might have moved to California as a family.   I believe she did the pilot in California.  Once Bethenny decided to end the marriage there was no way Jason would agree to her moving with their daughter to California.  In hindsight since her talk show only lasted one season it was probably all for the best they (she) didn't make the move. 

Jason was pretty adamant that he would not move to LA when they filmed there. I suspect that is when Bethenny decided she no longer wanted to be married to him. You just don't say "No" to Bethenny.....ever.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It happens all the time. People rarely say in their eulogy what they often think, or they are very careful with their words. There is always something nice to say without getting into the ugly underbelly of who they were.  I had to eulogize my father, on my birthday no less. I said some really nice things, which were true things. People cried. I just didn't talk about all of the other things. The horrible things. But he was an asshole, which I was screaming about the night before the eulogy when I sat with all my sibs trying to find a way to make comments that were funeral worthy so as not to start a shit-show. I was saying he was an asshole the day after. Saying the true things would not have been appropriate, however at the funeral with is parents, siblings, and business people around who loved him and thought he could do no wrong. 

That is horrible to go through.

I had uncle by marriage who was absolutely awful. He beat, abused, and abandoned every one of his wives and children. He spitefully hid all of his assets to get out of paying spousal support. He'd sue for full custody so he didn't have to pay child support to his kids' mothers. He abandoned one of his sons to be raised by the Parish priests who ran the son's Catholic school. He paid the tuition for the school. For the son's final year of high school, he was raised by the priests. With my aunt, she had these circular scars on her upper arms that I thought were old time inoculation scars. My mom clarified that is where my uncle bit my aunt. He was in the process of divorcing his 3rd wife when he died. His will included a direction to his attorney to make sure his 3rd wife got nothing after his death, which has to be taken to wills and estates section of the state Bar.

He was a hateful human being, but he was a doctor. And his patients loved him. It was surreal. His funeral was crazy. His patients were distraught and talked about how amazing he was. His (my) family opted for a succinct recitation of the facts of his life. His nominal friends had nothing complimentary to say about him from over the age of 12. I guess because of how I've witnessed my uncle fuck up my cousins, some who will never be decent people, I'm a little bit more sympathetic to Bethenny on this issue.

Bethenny is awful, but that shit didn't come from nowhere. Bernadette is a disaster of a human. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

She was turned away due to the cameras initially.  The two at his bedside when he died were his ex wife Bonita with whom he remained close and Bethenny. Source:   http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/145844/hall-of-famer-bobby-frankel-dies-at-68

Bethenny eulogized him days later. 

Days after that, on the boat she called him a "terrible horrible person". Id give a fortune to know what she said in the eulogy.  

I would like to know what she got in his estate.  I feel like that whole L.A. move thing was because she would have been best off financially to roll his house sale money into another CA property. 

It is complicated but you can love your parents and wish things have been different and they also were terrible horrible people.  I don't see the need to protect their reputation if they treated you badly.  All families are complicated.  What I see with B is a complicated, yes bitter, person who despite challenges has done a remarkable thing with her business.  Just because there are photos with her family, she had some perks/bday parties and there were ok times doesn't negate the shitty treatment the rest of the time.  It seems like she is doing all she can to NOT be her parents.  

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It is complicated but you can love your parents and wish things have been different and they also were terrible horrible people.  I don't see the need to protect their reputation if they treated you badly.  All families are complicated.  What I see with B is a complicated, yes bitter, person who despite challenges has done a remarkable thing with her business.  Just because there are photos with her family, she had some perks/bday parties and there were ok times doesn't negate the shitty treatment the rest of the time.  It seems like she is doing all she can to NOT be her parents.  

I agree with you I have an extremely complicated family.  Not necessary to go full on blast immediately after his funeral on national tv. Too far. And distasteful, an adult behaving  like an impetuous child.

As far as NOT being her parents I see that her baggage isn't resolved and her unconscious MO is to prove herself worthy as not them.... yet she is surrounded her moms alleged noise of  booze, eating issues, instability in the home, divorce, moving a lot, revolving door of men, and ball busting and truth cannon at work (dad). She's perpetuating the cycle. It would take a lot of $$$  work to work thru her baggage but it would be worth it in the long run.  jmho!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I agree with you I have an extremely complicated family.  Not necessary to go full on blast immediately after his funeral on national tv. Too far. And distasteful, an adult behaving  like an impetuous child.

As far as NOT being her parents I see that her baggage isn't resolved and her unconscious MO is to prove herself worthy as not them.... yet she is surrounded her moms alleged noise of  booze, eating issues, instability in the home, divorce, moving a lot, revolving door of men, and ball busting and truth cannon at work (dad). She's perpetuating the cycle. It would take a lot of $$$  work to work thru her baggage but it would be worth it in the long run.  jmho!

I do think she needs massive therapy.  Continued therapy.  I think had she been asked about her dad and said something not truthful TO HER (as in he was such a great guy, gonna miss him to pieces) it would have seemed disingenuous (some people can't edit themselves even when its in their best interest).  She puts it out there warts and all.  Which I can respect even if I may have done something differently.  I think she has made some progress if how she handled Ramona is any indication.  B from a season or so ago may have not taken such a non explosive tact with her.  But if what we are hearing is true she does lose it with her coming up.  As hard as she has been with Lu I do think she has somewhat of a soft spot for her.  I just think it drives her crazy seeing 2 Lu's.  Lu on tv and Lu who has a soft spot for pirates when no one is looking :).

• Love 5

Did Mrs Hoppy really forge B's signature?

this story is weird. B is way to savvy to make this type of mistakes.

What was the upside of her having Mrs Hoppy be the Notary?

(edited)

I read about Mrs. Hoppy notarizing the trust. 

For what I understood that is the reason why Bethenny was suing her lawyer, he was supposedly the witness. I am hoping that the lawyer will be the one shedding more light on this issue. 

In reality Bethenny probably could bring criminal charges against Mrs. Hoppy herself but she doesn't want to bring more problems.  If it was me, the lawsuit would had already been filed. Her fraudulently behavior is what allowed him to stay in that apartment for as long as he did, that must have cause lots of financial expenses. Luckily the judge saw through this machinations and threw the trust in the garbage. 

Between Jason, his mother and his father I can see how Bethenny hit the lottery of the creepo family, worse yet when they have the  image of the wonderful all american family that can do no wrong.  

Edited by AnnaL
Double post
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, AnnaL said:

I read about Mrs. Hoppy notarizing the trust. 

For what I understood that is the reason why Bethenny was suing her lawyer, he was supposedly the witness. I am hoping that the lawyer will be the one shedding more light on this issue. 

In reality Bethenny probably could bring criminal charges against Mrs. Hoppy herself but she doesn't want to bring more problems.  If it was me, the lawsuit would had already been filed. Her fraudulently behavior is what allowed him to stay in that apartment for as long as he did, that must have cause lots of financial expenses. Luckily the judge saw through this machinations and threw the trust in the garbage. 

Between Jason, his mother and his father I can see how Bethenny hit the lottery of the creepo family, worse yet when they have the  image of the wonderful all american family that can do no wrong.  

Let me get this straight, the problem is that Mrs Hoppy notorized  the paperwork even though she was not a New York State notary?

• Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Did Mrs Hoppy really forge B's signature?

this story is weird. B is way to savvy to make this type of mistakes.

What was the upside of her having Mrs Hoppy be the Notary?

No, there was no forgery!

20 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Let me get this straight, the problem is that Mrs Hoppy notorized  the paperwork even though she was not a New York State notary?

Yes, that was THE reason it was thrown out. Mrs. Hoppy is a PA notary, not a NY one and I will add in that Bethenny knew she was a PA one not only when the paperwork was written up and when she signed it. IMO, I really believe that Bethenny knew this would be thrown out if (when) they divorced so she didn't care and signed it. Bethenny is not stupid when it comes to signing anything legal.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, there was no forgery!

Yes, that was THE reason it was thrown out. Mrs. Hoppy is a PA notary, not a NY one and I will add in that Bethenny knew she was a PA one only when the paperwork was written up and when she signed it. IMO, I really believe that Bethenny knew this would be thrown out if (when) they divorced so she didn't care and signed it. Bethenny is not stupid when it comes to signing anything legal.

I can see Mrs Hoppy doing it in order to save time, it doesn't sound malicious.

The lawyer has it coming, this got to be malpractice.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I can see Mrs Hoppy doing it in order to save time, it doesn't sound malicious.

The lawyer has it coming, this got to be malpractice.

I agree and I also don't think it was anything malicious on Jason's part either. The lawyer though, sucked big time if he didn't do his do diligence here by making sure it was all legal, including the notary stamp state.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Yes, she did 

Not only that but the notarized it without them being present. 

She is a PA notary, she is not registered to notarize anything in NY, worse yet , as a notary she is perfectly aware that she should not be notarizing any legal documents for a family member. 

The reason why Bethenny brought up forgery was because the paper she originally signed would only allow Jason to show as part of the trust for privacy reasons (something that some celebrities always do) but when it all came down to it Bethenny kept insisting that she had never signed to give him any rights to the apartment, that is when the whole trust came into question and the reason why Bethenny kept insisting that she never signed anything like that. 

If you asked me Jason (as the snake he was) made Bethenny sign the trust for privacy reasons and then switch the signature page on the other trust document. A third party notary would have never allowed that to happen but Jason's mom was part of the fraud. They got along with it for years until the fraud was discovered and the judge threw it out. 

So much for being upstanding citizens those Hoppys' 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, AnnaL said:

Yes, she did 

She is a PA notary, she is not registered to notarize anything in NY, worse yet , as a notary she is perfectly aware that she should not be notarizing any legal documents for a family member. 

The reason why Bethenny brought up forgery was because the paper she originally signed would only allow Jason to show as part of the trust for privacy reasons (something that some celebrities always do) but when it all came down to it Bethenny kept insisting that she had never signed to give him any rights to the apartment, that is when the whole trust came into question and the reason why Bethenny kept insisting that she never signed anything like that. 

If you asked me Jason (as the snake he was) made Bethenny sign the trust for privacy reasons and then switch the signature page on the other trust document. A third party notary would have never allowed that to happen but Jason's mom was part of the fraud. They got along with it for years until the fraud was discovered and the judge threw it out. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I found it hard to believe that this was planned with malicious intent by either party.

They were still happy at the time and they have a daughter in common.

but who knows?

• Love 1

The switch could come at any time.  Maybe the original was fine until the marriage went south and then the switch was made.  It may be that Hoppy's escalating threats and emails are due to the lawsuit that Bethenny filed against the lawyer.  Which says that this was a fraud and that fraud cost me money.  It meant I couldn't abandon my residence while this was being adjudicated and as a result I was forced to live in hotels for x months.  Pay my expenses.  It means that my divorce dragged out for 4 years and 3 of those are your fault.  Pay my legal fees.  And of course one of the people that may end up getting blamed by the attorney is Hoppy's mother.  A lawsuit like this could cost them their retirement.  So I can see things getting hot.

• Love 8

This is one but there are a lot of them out there.  This particular judgement was not sealed.  Nor was the judgement upholding the pre nup.  That was the judgement that took away Hoppy's alimony and said he had to pay back what he already got paid.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2015/05/21/bethenny-frankel-get-her-tribeca-pad-back-after-judge-rules-trust-used-to-purchase-property-is-invalid/

Wow, she sounds like a piece of work. Seems like mom was in on the action, along with Jason.

And then there is the time the judge ordered him to stop secretly recording Beth and her staff - both audio and video. Oh, and he was also accused of hacking into her employees emails at that time. Sounds like Jason has had a thing with emails for a while. Nasty, nasty man. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2426114/Judge-bans-Bethenny-Frankel-Jason-Hoppy-secretly-recording-divorce-gets-nastier.html

Like mother, like son, it seems.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, AnnaL said:

Yes, she did 

It was thrown out because of the notary stamp being out of state, not because of "forgery". Had Bethenny been able to prove someone forged her signature, someone would have been arrested and no one was.  I stand by my belief that Bethenny knew that Mrs. Hoopy's legal abilities were limited to PA and did not include NY well before she had her notarize the paperwork but didn't care because she knew it would not hold up in court when they got divorced. Bethenny is no one's fool, she plays them, not the other way around.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I found it hard to believe that this was planned with malicious intent by either party.

but who knows?

This is where I disagree. 

I don't think Jason ever loved Bethenny, he loved the lifestyle that she could provided for him, he saw a rising star who could take him out of the one bedroom apartment where he lived and he had a mission. His mission got clearer and clearer with time. 

I watched BEA and it was noted there that the wedding almost didn't happen because Jason refused to sign the prenup agreement, Bethenny said to him that she didn't wanted to get married until after the baby was born, Jason was not having it, he insisted that he wanted to marry before the baby, then Bethenny said she would be happy with a small wedding, Jason was not having that either, he wanted a big wedding where he could invite all his frat guys so Bethenny conceded. IMO Jason was setting the path thinking that if there was a big wedding then she would have to go through with it. Bethenny refused to marry if he didn't the prenup. There was lots of going on behind scenes, Bethenny even hinting that there might not be a wedding. I think that Jason signed kicking and screaming because in his mind with no prenup and with a child he was locking his financial future. I was trying to find that article but instead found this: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3088209/Bethenny-Frankel-s-divorce-documents-reveal-multi-millionaire-spent-35K-month-toys-clothes-holidays-FAR-wealthier-Jason-Hoppy-married.html (Jason entire wealth was only 450K before he married Bethenny) 

For those who think Jason was a millionaire on his own right. His financial records say otherwise.

His eyes have always been on the price, of that I have no doubts. He threw a fit when Bethenny refused to make him an equal partner on the SG deal, he said he didn't want to work for her and Bethenny reminded him that the SG would always be hers. That is when he got nastier but there were signs all along. 

• Love 13

Had Bethenny been able to prove someone forged her signature, someone would have been arrested and no one was.  I stand by my belief that Bethenny knew that Mrs. Hoopy's legal abilities were limited to PA and did not include NY well before she had her notarize the paperwork but didn't care because she knew it would not hold up in court when they got divorced. Bethenny is no one's fool, she plays them, not the other way around.

Originally I thought the same.  Maybe Hoppy maybe B.  But if you had anything indicating that Bethenny was aware of that I think she wouldn't have sued the attorney.  She would have smiled, sold that Tribeca place and made all that money that was hers alone.  The fact that she turned around and sued says that IF she had known no one has proof she knew.  Who knows, we'll probably have to wait years before it goes to court.  I means it was Jan that Hoppy was arrested and we are still waiting for that.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I agree and I also don't think it was anything malicious on Jason's part either. The lawyer though, sucked big time if he didn't do his do diligence here by making sure it was all legal, including the notary stamp state.

I'm a notary and didn't realize its a state by state thing...

<hides face in shame>

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, AnnaL said:

This is where I disagree. 

I don't think Jason ever loved Bethenny, he loved the lifestyle that she could provided for him, he saw a rising star who could take him out of the one bedroom apartment where he lived and he had a mission. His mission got clearer and clearer with time. 

I watched BEA and it was noted there that the wedding almost didn't happen because Jason refused to sign the prenup agreement, Bethenny said to him that she didn't wanted to get married until after the baby was born, Jason was not having it, he insisted that he wanted to marry before the baby, then Bethenny said she would be happy with a small wedding, Jason was not having that either, he wanted a big wedding where he could invite all his frat guys so Bethenny conceded. IMO Jason was setting the path thinking that if there was a big wedding then she would have to go through with it. Bethenny refused to marry if he didn't the prenup. There was lots of going on behind scenes, Bethenny even hinting that there might not be a wedding. I think that Jason signed kicking and screaming because in his mind with no prenup and with a child he was locking his financial future. I was trying to find that article but instead found this: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3088209/Bethenny-Frankel-s-divorce-documents-reveal-multi-millionaire-spent-35K-month-toys-clothes-holidays-FAR-wealthier-Jason-Hoppy-married.html (Jason entire wealth was only 450K before he married Bethenny) 

For those who think Jason was a millionaire on his own right. His financial records say otherwise.

His eyes have always been on the price, of that I have no doubts. He threw a fit when Bethenny refused to make him an equal partner on the SG deal, he said he didn't want to work for her and Bethenny reminded him that the SG would always be hers. That is when he got nastier but there were signs all along. 

The divorce was private, only 2 things were made public, 1 was the trust, so ROL could not have had any legal documents/paperwork. The entire article is based, IMO, on things Bethenny/team leaked to the press, not based on facts. Also, don't forget that when Bethenny finally moved out of the apartment, she took everything, Bryn's toys, her clothes, pots pans, dishes, silverware.....everything so I am sure Jason spent money replacing those items if in fact that $35K amount is/was correct.

I think they loved each other in the beginning but when Jason refused to move to LA like Bethenny demanded, Bethenny wanted out. No one says no to her....ever.

1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

Originally I thought the same.  Maybe Hoppy maybe B.  But if you had anything indicating that Bethenny was aware of that I think she wouldn't have sued the attorney.  She would have smiled, sold that Tribeca place and made all that money that was hers alone.  The fact that she turned around and sued says that IF she had known no one has proof she knew.  Who knows, we'll probably have to wait years before it goes to court.  I means it was Jan that Hoppy was arrested and we are still waiting for that.

It was the lawyers job to make sure it was all legally correct, including the correct notary stamp from the correct state and a PA stamp wasn't it. IMO, Bethenny doesn't want us to realize that she never intend for Jason to live in that apartment when she bought it even though we all saw her make the apartment all about her and nothing in it about Jason, that is except the TV in the living room (her only concession to Jason in the whole apartment). She doesn't want to lose her buying fan base any more than she already has. No matter what, no one "forged" her signature, it was thrown out because they used an out of state notary.

6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm a notary and didn't realize it a state by state thing...

<hides face in shame>

I don't think most notary's know this, so don't hide your face. BUT, a lawyer should know or find out before the paperwork is filed.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, AnnaL said:

I don't think Jason ever loved Bethenny, he loved the lifestyle that she could provided for him, he saw a rising star who could take him out of the one bedroom apartment

When they got together she was still living in a one bedroom as well. My understanding was that he had a two bedroom condo but had a roommate. This would make sense since he owned some form of property to obtain a second mortgage that has been mentioned.

One thing is for certain- Beth knows how to watch her money down. I think much of the problem is Jason flipped out over being used and discarded. And Beth knows how to play peoples minds/emotions like few others. I she simply pushed him to much (or more than he could take) and he got lost in the game. At this point the whole situation shows poorly for both of them.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, robroy said:

When they got together she was still living in a one bedroom as well. My understanding was that he had a two bedroom condo but had a roommate. This would make sense since he owned some form of property to obtain a second mortgage that has been mentioned.

She had a unit that housed her offices when they met.  At the time it seemed rented for filming the original Bethenny Dating.  He moved in and his parents visited so I think they had at least two bedrooms in addition to the office.  The office was small and narrow with no windows. There was also a nursery for Bryn.

His condo is a one bedroom and he still owns it.  Since he has Bryn with him 50% time he rents his condo out and rents another to live in.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She had a unit that housed her offices when they met.  At the time it seemed rented for filming the original Bethenny Dating.  He moved in and his parents visited so I think they had at least two bedrooms in addition to the office.  The office was small and narrow with no windows. There was also a nursery for Bryn.

His condo is a one bedroom and he still owns it.  Since he has Bryn with him 50% time he rents his condo out and rents another to live in.

I believe the apartment they first lived in together was gotten/rented right before they moved in together. Bethenny didn't get that before then but because they were going to live together before the wedding and that they had a baby coming as well. After the sale of SKG, she/they needed a larger place that could be both the marital/family home and house her offices in the same location.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She was already pregnant while living in the one bedroom. That's when they filmed the imfamous pee on a stick scene.

• Love 3

After the sale of SKG, she/they needed a larger place that could be both the marital/family home and house her offices in the same location.

Nope, the offices were in her original place.  SG was in manufacture when they met since she has said it was a SG shoot at the bar when she first met Jason.  On BEA Jason made references that indicated he would have preferred the two of them finding something bigger if he was going to live with the office.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

Nope, the offices were in her original place.  SG was in manufacture when they met since she has said it was a SG shoot at the bar when she first met Jason.  On BEA Jason made references that indicated he would have preferred the two of them finding something bigger if he was going to live with the office.

She had not sold SKG before she/Jason started dating or before she got pregnant. She/they moved into the 2 bedroom apartment after she got pregnant.

• Love 1

She had not sold SKG before she/Jason started dating or before she got pregnant. She/they moved into the 2 bedroom apartment after she got pregnant.

No she had not.  But SG was in production in Canada with a partner.  She was selling SG and within months of getting married she and Jason visited Canada.  It was rumored that her partner was the one that forced a pre nup.  That was in the gossip rags so who knows.  But it came up in BEA when there was a lot of wavering about the actual wedding taking place.

She and her partner then signed with the partnership with Beam.  So the distiller that had a percentage of SG originally is probably doing pretty well for himself.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

No she had not.  But SG was in production in Canada with a partner.  She was selling SG and within months of getting married she and Jason visited Canada.  It was rumored that her partner was the one that forced a pre nup.  That was in the gossip rags so who knows.  But it came up in BEA when there was a lot of wavering about the actual wedding taking place.

She and her partner then signed with the partnership with Beam.  So the distiller that had a percentage of SG originally is probably doing pretty well for himself.

Yes, it was in production but she didn't get the larger apartment until after she was pregnant and they decided to live together, which is why she needed it. It was her pregnancy that prompted her to combine living quarters and her business office in 1 apartment.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, all I have to add is that B sued (or got sued) by her original partner and is now suing her lawyer, so much for that business genius.

ALthough , maybe she does what my asshole hedge fund neighbor does, and sues and sees what sticks.

I don't know how you all keep track of everything, you are all amazing.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 5

Bethenny met Jason the same month she went into business with Kanbar November 2008.  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/bethenny-frankel-sued-by-manager-187292  So she would not have been promoting Skinnygirl prior to its production.

To put it into perspective, five months after the Season ONE Reunion aired, Bethenny met Jason and entered into the business partnership with Kanbar.  Kanbar was the one that got production rolling with Canadian liquor company producing Skinnygirl.  They began filming Season 2 

Here is Bethenny's version of how they met and why they married: http://people.com/celebrity/bethenny-frankel-is-ready-to-say-i-do/

I was surprised to hear Bethenny say this episode she went with her gut and her heart in marrying Jason.  Didn't quite understand how it applied to Luann and Tom but this week's version seemed to differ from her accounts when she was pimping her "I Suck At Relationships So You Don't Have To" rendition.  IIRC her gut told her to back out and she didn't listen to her gut.

• Love 5

Beth found out she was pregnant when she lived in the UES apartment.  I don't remember her having an office in that apartment.  Julie was the only one working for her at the time.  She and Jason moved to first apartment in SoHo at the end of season three (late 2009 or early 2010).  She made the Beam deal in 2011.

• Love 3
(edited)

but wait don't people avoid witnesses when doing something underhanded??

Not if 1) some of the witnesses might be in on the scam and/or 2) the people doing the underhanded deed assume some of the witnesses aren't smart enough to figure out what is going on.

It's the Hoppy way: Scam scam like you just don't give a damn!

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Not if 1) some of the witnesses might be in on the scam and/or 2) the people doing the underhanded deed assume some of the witnesses aren't smart enough to figure out what is going on.

Well, if this theory is proven true, the entire family needs to move to Hollywood asap. Their acting is simply amazing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm a notary and didn't realize its a state by state thing...

<hides face in shame>

Every state is different. Common sense would tell you to check before you do something out of the ordinary like notarizing in a different state. Also most states don't allow you to notarize a document where you might stand to benefit. 

Also there's no reason for Bethany to know all these rules, that's what the lawyer is for. The trust should have been executed in his office with a notary working for him with two disinterested witnesses. Every page should have been initialed. 

I don't agree that someone would have been arrested if there was fraud. The Trust was deemed invalid, that was the goal.  It's tough to prove fraud and probably not worth it  

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Were there witnesses?  I thought the lawyer served as a "witness" after the fact.  

Witnesses don't need to know the content of the document, just that they saw the person actually sign the document on that day. If the notary didn't have each page initialed, it's easy enough to change the pages out without having to forge any signatures. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Maybe they should give a test, like drivers education tests. That would cut down on a lot of assumptions and ignorance. 

Or maybe the requirement to get notarized shouldn't just be to simply apply for it on line and pay a fee.

There's text that's required reading and it's pretty basic info there's no quizzing involved. Make sure you are seeing proper ID and make sure the person doing the signing is who they say they are.

My understanding is that I'm someone who can legally verify someone is who they say they are and that is the person signing whatever documentation involved. That's the main goal of a notary.

The different state detail is an easy oversight since the main idea of a notary is to verify identity. The details surrounding locations and state isn't something that would have stood out to me during the required reading. There's no studying there's no taking notes.

Check ID, watch them sign, notarize, keep a log.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7

I am not a notary but I doubt that you can get a license without knowing specific rules.

Mrs. Hoppy surely had to know that she should not have notarized anything for her son, especially when it involved financial gain for him. I am sure all notaries have to pass some kind of test to be certified or have a license to notarize. 

https://www.nationalnotary.org/file library/nna/reference-library/notary_code.pdf  (National Notary Code) 

II-B-5: Notarization for Close Relative Improper

The Notary shall decline to notarize the signature of a close relative or family member, particularly a spouse, parent, grandparent, sibling, son, daughter or grandchild of the Notary, or a stepchild, stepsibling, stepparent, step-grandparent or stepgrandchild of the Notary.

Illustration: The Notary is asked by the Notary’s father to notarize a document that specifies desired medical treatment in the event the father becomes unable to make such decisions. The Notary is not mentioned in the document.

The Ethical Imperative: The Notary declines to notarize and asks the father to have a Notary who is unrelated and truly disinterested notarize the document. It will thereby be rendered less open to challenge and the charge that undue influence was exerted on the signer by a family member.

https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2014/10/faq-where-can-notaries-use-their-commissions 

This link is about notarizing out of state documents. Carole was not allowed to notarized anything outside of Pensylvania and she knew it. 

Don't you have to take a basic test to be able to notarize? I mean if it was that simple every body would be a notary, right? 

At any rate the judge had the final word so he found the trust to be invalid due to the many irregularities, that is not up to interpretation. 

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Leroux said:

I am not a notary but I doubt that you can get a license without knowing specific rules.

Mrs. Hoppy surely had to know that she should not have notarized anything for her son, especially when it involved financial gain for him. I am sure all notaries have to pass some kind of test to be certified or have a license to notarize. 

https://www.nationalnotary.org/file library/nna/reference-library/notary_code.pdf  (National Notary Code) 

II-B-5: Notarization for Close Relative Improper

The Notary shall decline to notarize the signature of a close relative or family member, particularly a spouse, parent, grandparent, sibling, son, daughter or grandchild of the Notary, or a stepchild, stepsibling, stepparent, step-grandparent or stepgrandchild of the Notary.

Illustration: The Notary is asked by the Notary’s father to notarize a document that specifies desired medical treatment in the event the father becomes unable to make such decisions. The Notary is not mentioned in the document.

The Ethical Imperative: The Notary declines to notarize and asks the father to have a Notary who is unrelated and truly disinterested notarize the document. It will thereby be rendered less open to challenge and the charge that undue influence was exerted on the signer by a family member.

https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2014/10/faq-where-can-notaries-use-their-commissions 

This link is about notarizing out of state documents. Carole was not allowed to notarized anything outside of Pensylvania and she knew it. 

Don't you have to take a basic test to be able to notarize? I mean if it was that simple every body would be a notary, right? 

At any rate the judge had the final word so he found the trust to be invalid due to the many irregularities, that is not up to interpretation. 

Nope!

You apply

You read the guidelines

You pay a fee

They approve your application

You go to the clerks office and pick up your registration certificate. (and funny story, I forgot my license! They let me pick up my certificate without state ID ain't that some irony?)

Buy your own stamp from any provider (staples, office depot, stamp companies that specialize in notary stamps) without providing proof of being a legal notary.

Viola!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

The different state detail is an easy oversight since the main idea of a notary is to verify identity. The details surrounding locations and state isn't something that would have stood out to me during the required reading. There's no studying there's no taking notes.

Check ID, watch them sign, notarize, keep a log.

It makes sense when you think about it. What happens if there is a lawsuit and they want the notary to testify? It can get complicated getting a subpoena for a witness out of state, sometimes not possible based on the states rules of civil procedure. Would you want to be forced to get yourself to another state to testify?     Pain in the butt.  

You're right, they should make it more difficult to be a notary. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Every state is different. Common sense would tell you to check before you do something out of the ordinary like notarizing in a different state. Also most states don't allow you to notarize a document where you might stand to benefit. 

Also there's no reason for Bethany to know all these rules, that's what the lawyer is for. The trust should have been executed in his office with a notary working for him with two disinterested witnesses. Every page should have been initialed. 

I don't agree that someone would have been arrested if there was fraud. The Trust was deemed invalid, that was the goal.  It's tough to prove fraud and probably not worth it  

Someone here alleged that "forgery", not "fraud. They said that Bethenny claimed someone "forged" her signature and if that were the case, someone would have been arrested/charged with a felony/crime.

• Love 1