Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, veronicamers said:

I agree. The only former DCC I saw who had actually researched the background on the situation in Turkey and what the challenge was all about was Lauren (a forever fave).

Awww sweet Lauren 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, veronicamers said:

I agree. The only former DCC I saw who had actually researched the background on the situation in Turkey and what the challenge was all about was Lauren (a forever fave).

Former TCC Jasmine shared the original post, that's how I found out what the challenge actually meant.

7 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

All the self-promoting is getting crazy. I saw quite a few of them also posted a black and white picture of themselves on Instagram while having no idea what that challenge was about. It's about women getting murdered in Turkey and that violence against women is rampant. As in, any woman could be the next black and white image in a newspaper next to the article about her murder. Not glamourshots of beautyqueens.

Sorry for the rant but this made me very angry. 

To be fair, it's not just them.  SO many of my friends (most of us are a few years older than current DCC) have done this "challenge accepted" thing and it is very cringey.  

Edited by aeroluv327
fixed spelling error
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Former TCC Jasmine shared the original post, that's how I found out what the challenge actually meant.

To be fair, it's not just them.  SO many of my friends (most of us are a few years older than current DCC) have done this "challenge accepted" thing and it is very cringey.  

Yeah, I agree... it’s amazing that it got spread across the globe, but it’s a pity people don’t even understand what it’s about. I’m still judging “influencers” harder than normal people whose posts aren’t viewed by thousands of people. And especially when aaaall dcc claim that they became cheerleaders for the community service and empowerment, i’d expect them to actually highlight the issue at hand instead of using it as an excuse to post another picture of them.

Even something similar to what Heather posted, where she’s embracing another woman and has a beautiful caption is coming across as less self centered. Still missing the actual point, but doesn’t seem quite tone deaf.

• Love 9

I agree. Some are just saying it's about women empowerment, which is great, but look into the real issue. Don't just post pretty black and white pictures of yourself. I'd also love to see some actual "real/normal" pictures. They don't need to airbrush and edit them to death. It seems like most of them are posting pretty much professional photos. I wanna see imperfections like mine! 

• Love 9

Here's what I found about the "challenge accepted" trend.  Since this came from the internet 🤨 who knows what the "true" intent is until the person that originated speaks up.

https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/alist/black-white-challenge-accepted-instagram-a4510516.html

A new viral Instagram challenge is encouraging women to share black and white selfies on their social media accounts.

The new trend, referred to as “Challenge Accepted” or the “Women Supporting Women Challenge,” invites women to share a simple black and white photo of themselves.

Already, celebrities such as Reese Witherspoon, Olivia Wilde and Naomi Watts have taken part.

But what is it about, exactly? Here's what you need to know...

What is the #ChallengeAccepted trend?

In a bid to share positivity and encourage female empowerment during the challenging time of the pandemic, women have been posting black and white selfies and tagging their friends to do the same - often penning heartfelt captions about strength and solidarity.

A public relations and influencer marketing manager for social media marketing firm Later told the New York Times that the new trend may have been sparked by US Representative Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, after she spoke out against sexist comments made against her by US Representative Ted Yoho.

The powerful video triggered a wave of posts about female empowerment and feminism, which some have suggested may have also sparked the new challenge.

Some connected the challenge to another intended to spread awareness of violence against women happening in Turkey. On Twitter, a post circulated claiming the challenge was started by Turkish women to raise awareness for femicide after the murder of Pınar Gültekin. However, others dispute this and say while women were sharing black and white photos, it was not as part of this challenge. Instead, the accompanying hashtags were said to translate to "say no to violence against women" and "enforce the Istanbul Treaty," which protects women's rights.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, LynneH said:

Here's what I found about the "challenge accepted" trend.  Since this came from the internet 🤨 who knows what the "true" intent is until the person that originated speaks up.

https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/alist/black-white-challenge-accepted-instagram-a4510516.html

A new viral Instagram challenge is encouraging women to share black and white selfies on their social media accounts.

The new trend, referred to as “Challenge Accepted” or the “Women Supporting Women Challenge,” invites women to share a simple black and white photo of themselves.

Already, celebrities such as Reese Witherspoon, Olivia Wilde and Naomi Watts have taken part.

In a bid to share positivity and encourage female empowerment during the challenging time of the pandemic, women have been posting black and white selfies and tagging their friends to do the same - often penning heartfelt captions about strength and solidarity.

A public relations and influencer marketing manager for social media marketing firm Later told the New York Times that the new trend may have been sparked by US Representative Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, after she spoke out against sexist comments made against her by US Representative Ted Yoho.

The powerful video triggered a wave of posts about female empowerment and feminism, which some have suggested may have also sparked the new challenge.

Some connected the challenge to another intended to spread awareness of violence against women happening in Turkey. On Twitter, a post circulated claiming the challenge was started by Turkish women to raise awareness for femicide after the murder of Pınar Gültekin. However, others dispute this and say while women were sharing black and white photos, it was not as part of this challenge. Instead, the accompanying hashtags were said to translate to "say no to violence against women" and "enforce the Istanbul Treaty," which protects women's rights.

Typed a lenghty reply on the link of the challenge and the current issues in Turkey and the recent femicide wave connected to the Istanbul treaty not being upheld but I have a feeling the mods aren't looking for another political thread 😅.

My issue lies with the vapid nature of the use of some of their platforms.The MLMs, the self-serving pictures,the sponsored posts. Very few use their huge platform to focus attention on charity and causes. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I agree. Some are just saying it's about women empowerment, which is great, but look into the real issue. Don't just post pretty black and white pictures of yourself. I'd also love to see some actual "real/normal" pictures. They don't need to airbrush and edit them to death. It seems like most of them are posting pretty much professional photos. I wanna see imperfections like mine! 

Exactly this! And that’s why i mentioned Heather’s photo. I’d rather see a photo with a meaning or a more “vulnerable” photo. I mean, even if the challenge is to promote women and support each other through our insecurities, how is a professional photoshoot relevant in any way? Like what, these model-like girls need a push to publish these professional photos? Thank God they found the strength to publish them!

9 hours ago, LynneH said:

Honestly, there are a lot of “challenges” circulating so there’s no just one source. A few months ago during quarantine there’s was one asking to post one picture of just yourself, which was more about being ok with posting pictures of yourself and other women only “allowed” to say positive things underneath. I think this one and the Turkish one have been blended together... but the black and white comes from the Turkish challenge and the point is that you stand in solidarity with all these women being killed and showing to the world that you may be the next one..

• Love 2

I have a feeling you fine folks did more research on the "challenges" than the girls posting the photos, who probably saw a "friend" posting one and didn't want to be left out. I'm sure one or two of them might actually understand the meaning behind it, but I am sure not all of them do. They just don't all seem that aware. 

• Love 7
On 7/29/2020 at 5:16 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

100% agree.  I think social media challenges are stupid and they do absolutely nothing except garner praise and compliments for the people "participating."  It's completely self-important.  Plus to your point, the photos people use are edited to hell.  Tell me how perfect selfies are helping women in Turkey?  How much personal/emotional effort does it require to post a pretty picture of oneself?  

• Love 13
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

100% agree.  I think social media challenges are stupid and they do absolutely nothing except garner praise and compliments for the people "participating."  It's completely self-important.  Plus to your point, the photos people use are edited to hell.  Tell me how perfect selfies are helping women in Turkey?  How much personal/emotional effort does it require to post a pretty picture of oneself?  

As someone who does social media a lot for work/blogging, I’d much rather skip the challenges, share posts that are actually informational and educational and have the hard conversations and discussions in real life! 

Like you say, what does a black and white selfie actually do? I’d rather do some actual research, be informed on what’s going on and discuss the issue with someone. Those people not posting, you've no idea what’s going on behind the scenes. They could be informing themselves and chatting to people they know! 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Christina Riccelli officially leaving Texas

Good for her, looking happy and cute! Her DCC journey has had highs and lows, but she has my respect and well-wishes. Love the cute pics she takes with her boyfriend, especially that cute one with them and Amy and her hubby in uniform on the field with their guys holding them on their shoulders, since people confuse them, apparently.

• Love 19

They’re super cute together, and she does look very happy. So good for them! 

IIRC, this is the man that Mandy (now Raiderette coach) left her studio in WA behind to move to Dallas with, right? And after they broke up he met Christina, and now looks to be going home. I don’t think there was any shadiness there, just an interesting run of coincidences. I swear Dallas is SUCH  a small city sometimes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 7/31/2020 at 9:12 PM, Laurendcc said:

Woah you guys , have you seen kalyssa lately??? Something happened to her face, her plastic surgery went too far 😞

I don't follow her on insta because I always thought she was just kind of basic in a hooker-y way but this change is not surprising to me with all the filters and makeup and surgeries and injections and things people are using to change their appearance. She seems like she's dying to do herself up and take her clothes off and be in front of a camera. Guess if I had that body I might too? Maybe? The world will never know.

image.png.306c31d078908765821eecda3704b1b3.png

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think she’s a yacht girl and her IG is basically her “catalog.” Her eyes don’t look right in the more recent photos. That makes me really sad ☹️ She kind of looks like a junkie now 😢

That's the word. Junkie. I actually thought Fiona Apple, "Criminal" video, circa mid 1990s.

image.png.4ec3766f1c63c333371a8d786365ef5f.png

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

So incredibly sad.  So plastic looking.

Plastic and....juvenile? Childlike? There's a creepy trend over the last 15 years in America toward pubescent hotness. It's just weird. I felt like Jenna was the start for this of the DCCs.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

This was on Danielle's insta story today. Hope it doesn't mean trouble in paradise? Maybe just means she's sick of planning a wedding in the middle of a pandemic? 

image.png.78b0920c35ccd6703342c339c99e70a9.png

Nah.  It's a thing currently going on by Insta posters.   

My take is it's showing a calendar of the crazy year we're all having due to Covid where it all began fine and got nuts as we progressed.

Here's a black Lab version someone shared.

cartercanines_1596725472_1 V2.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, go4luca said:

Nah.  It's a thing currently going on by Insta posters.   

My take is it's showing a calendar of the crazy year we're all having due to Covid where it all began fine and got nuts as we progressed.

Here's a black Lab version someone shared.

cartercanines_1596725472_1 V2.jpg

Yeah, I'd seen these things. They're cute. I haven't seen the lab one but it's hilarious.

I just remember this scene from the movie and it was like.....devastating. "I am humiliated!". I was also going through a personal breakup at the time so it was extra relatable for me so I was like, oh no, Danielle. I'll try to keep my personal emotions out of sweet Danielle's wedding moving forward. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, SamShmam said:

I don't follow her on insta because I always thought she was just kind of basic in a hooker-y way but this change is not surprising to me with all the filters and makeup and surgeries and injections and things people are using to change their appearance. She seems like she's dying to do herself up and take her clothes off and be in front of a camera. Guess if I had that body I might too? Maybe? The world will never know.

image.png.306c31d078908765821eecda3704b1b3.png

I called it from day one. I knew this girl was only in it for the "fame" and had a slutty quality. Then she took her clothes off ASAP. Her Instagram isn't cute, it's sad actually. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I called it from day one. I knew this girl was only in it for the "fame" and had a slutty quality. Then she took her clothes off ASAP. Her Instagram isn't cute, it's sad actually. 

I remember it registering slightly that she was that way, and something sat weird with me, the way that creepy Neal McCoy called her like, "precious" or something. After watching her grind and gyrate barely dressed, the adjective "precious" just seemed off and gross to me, but somehow exactly the image she's going for. The pic I posted is about the least horrifying post from her insta. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think she’s a yacht girl and her IG is basically her “catalog.” Her eyes don’t look right in the more recent photos. That makes me really sad ☹️ She kind of looks like a junkie now 😢

Wait, what is a yacht girl? She looks vacant its really sad. I feel like she could end up a lifetime movie...

• Love 2

Made me chuckle that on a thread most recently talking about Kalyssa's love of a lingerie shoot, Maggie pops up courting SI.  Kalyssa did that hardcore after the football season ended, and kind of got her started down this path.  They have very different personalities from what I can tell, but definitely this one thing in common!

I hesitate to speak poorly of Kalyssa's decisions, because I think it's absolutely great if a woman wants to be a lingerie model, or even a nude model if that's where she wants to be.  I follow SavageXFenty lingerie on instragram, and there are some seriously amazing lingerie shots of all kinds that feel strong and sexy.  Kalyssa is beautiful, has a great figure, and obviously has some smarts if she graduated high school as valedictorian.  I don't think posing nude makes her a slut, nor does owning her sexuality.  Where my eyebrow gets raised is if she's being smart about it, methodical even, and staying true to herself through all of it.  Based on a lot of the images she's posted this year, it seems like she's struggled with becoming too thin, and overusing things like fillers, etc.  She's still beautiful in the last picture she took, her face is stunning, but she almost seems like a shell of herself.  I don't know if she's crossed from empowerment to exploitation because I don't know her life, but I hope she's being careful and that she's okay.

I honestly don't care if women join the DCC for the fame or networking or whatever reason they do it, as long as they're a great dancer and a solid ambassador while they're there.  Kalyssa didn't finish out her contract, and that sucks, since she was just a month or two out of just being a normal one and done like so many others before and after her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Made me chuckle that on a thread most recently talking about Kalyssa's love of a lingerie shoot, Maggie pops up courting SI.  Kalyssa did that hardcore after the football season ended, and kind of got her started down this path.  They have very different personalities from what I can tell, but definitely this one thing in common!

Just my take on the above...

Kalyssa's SI audition video was awful in that white ill fitting one piece suit.  Maggie's looks infinitely better and more professional. 

I've always liked Maggie.  Although I can understand why she decided to end her cheerleading career after so many years of doing so (and being away from family), I will always wish she had remained a DCC one more year.

As one erudite lady mentioned elsewhere, Maggie should also submit her DCC swimsuit cover to SI.  She looked amazing in that shot.

• Love 10

Agreed!

Have any other DCC tried out in the last couple of years? I’m surprised more haven’t, honestly. Most have a solid portfolio of bikini pics and could likely come up with a video too. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Agreed!

Have any other DCC tried out in the last couple of years? I’m surprised more haven’t, honestly. Most have a solid portfolio of bikini pics and could likely come up with a video too. 

I thought Sydney did????

• Love 1
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

Where my eyebrow gets raised is if she's being smart about it, methodical even, and staying true to herself through all of it.  Based on a lot of the images she's posted this year, it seems like she's struggled with becoming too thin, and overusing things like fillers, etc.  She's still beautiful in the last picture she took, her face is stunning, but she almost seems like a shell of herself.

THIS is what bothers me about Kalyssa and the hundreds of thousands that have become involved in the Instagram Influencer world.  I have no problem with the choices women make for themselves; I just raise an eyebrow about how "empowering" it really is.  How do we teach young women that they are enough when even the most beautiful women feel the need to alter their appearances to such extremes?

This is why I long for the early days of DCC where everyone still looked normal.  The times when you could see some of yourself in them - no trip to the plastic surgeon needed.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

BAD ASS!!!!

She's been one of the most natural beauties they've had in recent years in my opinion. I like that she still looks like herself and is certainly someone I'd want to see in a magazine. Models are often so different from reality that they don't look relatable. Maggie looks like one of those beautiful people who you want to hate because they're soooo pretty but they're too nice to hate!

I also love that so many DCC have been supportive of her and shared her video. Shows just how well liked she was in her short time on the squad (I was gutted when she only did 2 seasons!).

• Love 8
15 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

THIS is what bothers me about Kalyssa and the hundreds of thousands that have become involved in the Instagram Influencer world.  I have no problem with the choices women make for themselves; I just raise an eyebrow about how "empowering" it really is.  How do we teach young women that they are enough when even the most beautiful women feel the need to alter their appearances to such extremes?

This is why I long for the early days of DCC where everyone still looked normal.  The times when you could see some of yourself in them - no trip to the plastic surgeon needed.

You can empower women without being naked or in lingerie for all of the world to see. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

You can empower women without being naked or in lingerie for all of the world to see. 

Yeah, I really don't see how it is empowering to give men boners just because you're making money from it. Especially when you have to have alter almost everything about the way you look to look as unnatural as possible to do it. 

• Love 6
Just now, Mabinogia said:

Yeah, I really don't see how it is empowering to give men boners just because you're making money from it. Especially when you have to have alter almost everything about the way you look to look as unnatural as possible to do it. 

What I always wonder is what is the long term damage of constantly using fillers, et al.  Eventually, age takes over and unless you're rich enough for face lifts, that skin is going to get stretched out.  Plus, after a certain point, face lifts, eye lifts, etc., start looking flat out scary.

• Love 3
On 7/21/2020 at 8:57 PM, dreamcatcher said:

The thing is, dcc do state on their website that the girls need to figure it out on their own and they won’t be sponsored, so it doesn’t look like that was the case for Yuko. Jinelle and Angela had to figure it out on their own and were both there for their rookie year-Jinelle only left as a veteran and that was during a break. She of course had to miss practice but that was because she was hospitalized.

To be honest, of course I don’t think Yuko was in the wrong. I just think it’s extremely unfair that the have one rule obviously implemented in the other cases, but they again break their own rules for the one they want and are open about it on tv. I don’t think it’s fair to let someone figure out her paperwork when it’s not dcc sponsored, she isn’t yet an employee and it’s not even an essential staff kind of position, yet you won’t let girls miss practice when they’re sick or for funerals for example. Graduation might not be important for everyone, but being forced to miss funerals of close family or friends and being forced to be in the studio when you’re freaking contagious just doesn’t make sense.

Yuko don't seem to have asked for help in the visa department from the help she had at her disposal. Her Japanese friend who was entering her second year as a vikings cheerleader, on Yuko's rookie year and from her coach

On 7/22/2020 at 2:33 AM, aeroluv327 said:

Just because we didn't see Jinelle or Angela have to travel for their visas doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Plenty of stuff gets left on the cutting room floor, especially if there wasn't any real reason to show it.  In Yuko's case, the timing meant that she missed learning the field entrance and had to learn it outside of the usual practice.  Later, Jinelle got stuck in Australia longer than expected due to a medical emergency and missed the very beginning of training camp.  It's likely that both Angela and Jinelle travelled to get their visas squared away during their rookie training camp but didn't miss anything major in rehearsals so they just didn't show it. 

Remember, too, that CMT isn't filming every single rehearsal during training camp, only the ones that Kelly and Judy are evaluating and those rehearsals are the ones that the girls are expected to attend in full makeup and in their pink and blue outfits.  The other rehearsals are mandatory, but do not have required outfits and are often taught by other staff and/or group leaders.  

On 7/21/2020 at 2:58 PM, ByTor said:

Plus I'm sure the immigration rules changed from the time Yoshiko/Angela/Jinelle 1st made it, Yuko likely had no choice as far as the timing went for when she had to go back to Japan.  I know the instinct is to say "she should have gotten the process started earlier," but she very likely could have done it as early as possible & her hands were tied.

Angela applied for a 1 year student visa her rookie year because she was still at university at the time so of course had to apply for a student work visa which allowed her to be in the usa so she could be working in partnership with a uni in USA to finish her degree. Jinelle applied for entertainment visa or something. Besides Angela had been in the US about a month before first trials anyway so if her visa messed up she had time to fix it before filming even started.

What pissed me off about Yuko was she had at least 2 people at the palm of her hands to tell her what visa she needs to apply for. Most likely she was given the WRONG information by both. She had her coach, a FORMER DCC, who could have told her what visa was needed. Understandable if she gave the wrong info I mean her coach was on the team in 2006 so alot changed over the years. But that coach should have still told her which visa to apply for. The other was her friend who had was a CURRENT Vikings Cheerleader at the time of her Rookie year. Her friend had already been in the USA 1 year and was entering/trying out for her second year as a Vikings cheerleader so she should and would have at least got an up to date info on the visa that Yuko would need. Even if her friend applied the year before. There is a difference between someone who applied for a visa 1 year before and someone who applied 10 years beforehand and haven't even been back in the country since then.  One would have up to date information even 1 year ago was still better knowledge. Its like Yuko don't talk to anyone to get help in the visa department from either one of those 2, which is what annoys me about Yuko. Her coach was shown on tv But Yuko admited on social media (and prob on the show) that she has a friend going on second year Vikings Cheerleader 

On 7/23/2020 at 2:21 AM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Has she considered applying for American citizenship?

Don't you have to live in a certain country a certain amount of time before you can apply for citizenship in that country? I mean I don't think Angela needs to apply for the visa now does she? Shes living in America permanently and isn't her husband an american? Which means she automatically get an american passport because of it?

On 7/29/2020 at 1:53 PM, veronicamers said:

Which Lauren are you talking about? 

9 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

Yuko don't seem to have asked for help in the visa department from the help she had at her disposal. Her Japanese friend who was entering her second year as a vikings cheerleader, on Yuko's rookie year and from her coach

Angela applied for a 1 year student visa her rookie year because she was still at university at the time so of course had to apply for a student work visa which allowed her to be in the usa so she could be working in partnership with a uni in USA to finish her degree. Jinelle applied for entertainment visa or something. Besides Angela had been in the US about a month before first trials anyway so if her visa messed up she had time to fix it before filming even started.

What pissed me off about Yuko was she had at least 2 people at the palm of her hands to tell her what visa she needs to apply for. Most likely she was given the WRONG information by both. She had her coach, a FORMER DCC, who could have told her what visa was needed. Understandable if she gave the wrong info I mean her coach was on the team in 2006 so alot changed over the years. But that coach should have still told her which visa to apply for. The other was her friend who had was a CURRENT Vikings Cheerleader at the time of her Rookie year. Her friend had already been in the USA 1 year and was entering/trying out for her second year as a Vikings cheerleader so she should and would have at least got an up to date info on the visa that Yuko would need. Even if her friend applied the year before. There is a difference between someone who applied for a visa 1 year before and someone who applied 10 years beforehand and haven't even been back in the country since then.  One would have up to date information even 1 year ago was still better knowledge. Its like Yuko don't talk to anyone to get help in the visa department from either one of those 2, which is what annoys me about Yuko. Her coach was shown on tv But Yuko admited on social media (and prob on the show) that she has a friend going on second year Vikings Cheerleader 

Don't you have to live in a certain country a certain amount of time before you can apply for citizenship in that country? I mean I don't think Angela needs to apply for the visa now does she? Shes living in America permanently and isn't her husband an american? Which means she automatically get an american passport because of it?

Which Lauren are you talking about? 

Angela still needs to apply for citizenship which she already has I believe.

I'm intrigued by Alexandria leaving and saying "That is NOT a family". It's interesting that Lauren Parker tagged Alexandria and Erica Wilkins specifically in her post about strong, inspiring women. I wonder if Lauren agrees with Alexandria's disheartened assessment of this organization on some level. Especially after ol cowcatcher grill was installed on the squad.

image.thumb.png.eb00434d1791c6b5d1ad21e32a8d9db1.png

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, SamShmam said:

I'm intrigued by Alexandria leaving and saying "That is NOT a family". It's interesting that Lauren Parker tagged Alexandria and Erica Wilkins specifically in her post about strong, inspiring women. I wonder if Lauren agrees with Alexandria's disheartened assessment of this organization on some level. Especially after ol cowcatcher grill was installed on the squad.

image.thumb.png.eb00434d1791c6b5d1ad21e32a8d9db1.png

In terms of that Lauren may or may not agree with what Erica and Alexandria did. But maybe in terms of Erica, she had the lawsuit she was sueing the Cowboys and then the backlash of some of her actions. So in terms of Erica maybe it was a subtle hint of the fact Erica "stayed strong" and not troll back/give in to the backlash she was getting etc. In terms of Alexandria, maybe it was because she didn't enjoy her time and that she stayed strong to it when she decided to leave. Lauren may or may not agree with it but maybe thats why? Thats how I saw it when those 2 were tagged.

5 hours ago, viccib said:

Angela still needs to apply for citizenship which she already has I believe.

Ok didn't know the process of that too well but I assumed you'd automatically bypass and have a shorter process of having to apply for the citizenship once you marry someone with the passport to that country.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

In terms of that Lauren may or may not agree with what Erica and Alexandria did. But maybe in terms of Erica, she had the lawsuit she was sueing the Cowboys and then the backlash of some of her actions. So in terms of Erica maybe it was a subtle hint of the fact Erica "stayed strong" and not troll back/give in to the backlash she was getting etc. In terms of Alexandria, maybe it was because she didn't enjoy her time and that she stayed strong to it when she decided to leave. Lauren may or may not agree with it but maybe thats why? Thats how I saw it when those 2 were tagged.

That's a good theory, and certainly conceivable. I like that she supports the underdogs. I don't see them as underdogs, but surely they aren't included on DCC activities or alumni events, so they kind of are underdogs I guess. 

5 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

That's a good theory, and certainly conceivable. I like that she supports the underdogs. I don't see them as underdogs, but surely they aren't included on DCC activities or alumni events, so they kind of are underdogs I guess. 

Erica sure have burnt her bridges with the lawsuit. It doesn't look like Lauren are friends or close with either Erica or Alexandria but doesn't stop her respecting either for doing what they believe in

I also think you are right that they won't be included in DCC Alumnae events. But then again I don't think any of us knows how that works. Another former DCC I wonder about is Brandi Redmond and how much former alum events she was "active in" before and after she got into the RHOD. Didn't Shelly say something that you have to be active every year in what you do post DCC wise to be included in certain alum things or something along those lines?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Erica sure have burnt her bridges with the lawsuit. It doesn't look like Lauren are friends or close with either Erica or Alexandria but doesn't stop her respecting either for doing what they believe in

I also think you are right that they won't be included in DCC Alumnae events. But then again I don't think any of us knows how that works. Another former DCC I wonder about is Brandi Redmond and how much former alum events she was "active in" before and after she got into the RHOD. Didn't Shelly say something that you have to be active every year in what you do post DCC wise to be included in certain alum things or something along those lines?

That's Lauren Parker's nature it seems. Just a good, kind, caring person.

That's interesting about Brandi, I hadn't thought of her. I don't watch those shows regularly but I'm not above checking them out occasionally and I also saw a pic on Brandi or Shelly's insta with the two of them at some event. I think it may have been DCC related so I'd bet she still gets invited to stuff. Kelli loves the crossover concept so I can see her wanting to get that exposure with Brandi's presence. 

• Love 1
On 8/6/2020 at 12:35 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Omg yes! The second she shook her tits in prelims, I said, “oh, no!” Should have taken Brennan that year and left her and her bedazzled tatas in prelims.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6