Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Regarding Yuko (as they were playing her rookie season on PlutoTV last night), I had forgotten that she was allowed to miss some of training camp due to her visa. Also, that scene with her and Melissa at Natalie's house just made me so sad.  Normally I would say that I can't believe Yuko was sold on this idea of DCC being the best dance opportunity in the world, but DCC has successfully played that marketing game.

And yes, TPTB wanted Yuko on that squad and would have moved mountains to keep her there.  I mean, they made an entire segment throwing someone (Daphne?) a makeshift college graduation when she missed her real one to be in camp - how do they do that and then let someone else leave camp for visa issues?

People had to miss funerals. Graduation might not be a big deal (not everyone wants to participate anyway), but the fact that they wouldn’t allow girls to miss practice to attend a funeral is mind blowing. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Regarding Yuko (as they were playing her rookie season on PlutoTV last night), I had forgotten that she was allowed to miss some of training camp due to her visa. Also, that scene with her and Melissa at Natalie's house just made me so sad.  Normally I would say that I can't believe Yuko was sold on this idea of DCC being the best dance opportunity in the world, but DCC has successfully played that marketing game.

And yes, TPTB wanted Yuko on that squad and would have moved mountains to keep her there.  I mean, they made an entire segment throwing someone (Daphne?) a makeshift college graduation when she missed her real one to be in camp - how do they do that and then let someone else leave camp for visa issues?

I think it was more to do with the fact that her coach was former DCC who probably "banged on" about being a DCC and the girls prob learnt how to do things the professional NFL way. Just like how Angela learnt about DCC from her coach "banging on" about DCC and their ways etc 

Good for Megan. She walked, found a great job, is getting married and has been living her best life without unrealistic weight restrictions. I always loved her dancing, “uniform ready” or not. 

• Love 20
14 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

I think it was more to do with the fact that her coach was former DCC who probably "banged on" about being a DCC and the girls prob learnt how to do things the professional NFL way. Just like how Angela learnt about DCC from her coach "banging on" about DCC and their ways etc 

I forgot that Yoshiko (2006 squad) was her coach.

(edited)
On 7/17/2020 at 3:51 PM, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I think it just depends on how hot it is in Vegas. I live in Atlanta, which is hot and humid (sometimes miserable, especially in August), but it doesn’t usually get into the 100s. So, 95 degrees in Vegas is probably better than 95 degrees in Atlanta due to the lack of humidity. BUT, last time I was in Vegas, it ranged from 100 to 108 degrees each day. The heat radiated off the sidewalks to an extent that I’ve never felt before. It drained all my energy. I’m not sure I could handle that one a regular basis, and Im someone much prefers heat to cold weather, which I absolutely loathe! 

New Orleans is one place that rivals Vegas, just in a different way IMO. I’ve been there SO many times (too many times to count) and have family there, but each time, the humidity seems to knock me down lol. 

Yeah, NOLA is really something else as far as humidity!  I've never been there in the summer, but every time I've been I just have to prepare to sweat no matter what I'm doing! 

I can't remember what part of Mexico Cersten has been living in for the past couple of years so not sure how it ranks as far as heat/humidity, probably depends on how close to the coast she was.  But she has lived in her fair share of hot climates, so hopefully LV won't be too bad for her!

Edited by aeroluv327
correct spelling
(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 11:33 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

I'm a Yuko fan...always have been.  My thoughts with that episode were if they wanted someone to truly mentor Yuko...they should have tapped Yoshiko Danjo more (I know she was her coach)...she'd have been a heck of a lot better than MCR's overplumped, pouty lipped, fake as can be feigned concern.  (sorry ...can you tell I really DO NOT like MCR??)  I would have much rather seen Yoshiko mentoring her former dancer than MCR. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, itsweird said:

Random thought but I really want Sasha Agent's daughter to be a legacy.  She's like 14 and can already dance circles around a lot of current DCCs!!!  

I'm on board with that 🙂  Sasha was one of my faves and I wish she had stayed longer than 2 years.  🙂 

• Love 7
On 7/18/2020 at 8:07 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Is that the Meghan so many said was "fat?"

LOL right?  But it is funny how some get even smaller after leaving DCC, I think Megan's one of them.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

LOL right?  But it is funny how some get even smaller after leaving DCC, I think Megan's one of them.

I know it's been mentioned before but I wouldn't be surprised if SOME of the girls stress ate or didn't make the best choices when running from their jobs to practice and gain some weight.  However, once they leave the team and gain time, the weight just falls off.  However, said weight is likely less then 5 pounds and doesn't explain Victoria's 11-15 pound weight gain during Training Camp.  That weight gain is from FAR more then stress eating.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hannah is another one. I haven’t seen recent pictures of her, but she was tiny a few years ago. I definitely think hers may have been a case of stress eating and yoyo dieting while on the team.

• Love 6

Having dealt with visas myself, regarding Yuko I think it's important to remember that if they'd insisted on her turning up to rehearsals and the first game without the proper documentation, it could have potentially landed the DCC in extremely hot legal water. I doubt it was any kind of favouritism, simply avoiding a potential run in with whomever does immigration in the US and getting fined.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Quoth said:

Having dealt with visas myself, regarding Yuko I think it's important to remember that if they'd insisted on her turning up to rehearsals and the first game without the proper documentation, it could have potentially landed the DCC in extremely hot legal water. I doubt it was any kind of favouritism, simply avoiding a potential run in with whomever does immigration in the US and getting fined.

Plus I'm sure the immigration rules changed from the time Yoshiko/Angela/Jinelle 1st made it, Yuko likely had no choice as far as the timing went for when she had to go back to Japan.  I know the instinct is to say "she should have gotten the process started earlier," but she very likely could have done it as early as possible & her hands were tied.

• Love 4

As someone who worked outside of the US, I don't think Yuko could do much before actually getting 'hired' by the DCC, so she was stuck flying back and forth during training camp.  

Typically you need your employer to do some of the paperwork for your visa.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, IrishJig said:

As someone who worked outside of the US, I don't think Yuko could do much before actually getting 'hired' by the DCC, so she was stuck flying back and forth during training camp.  

The thing is, dcc do state on their website that the girls need to figure it out on their own and they won’t be sponsored, so it doesn’t look like that was the case for Yuko. Jinelle and Angela had to figure it out on their own and were both there for their rookie year-Jinelle only left as a veteran and that was during a break. She of course had to miss practice but that was because she was hospitalized.

To be honest, of course I don’t think Yuko was in the wrong. I just think it’s extremely unfair that the have one rule obviously implemented in the other cases, but they again break their own rules for the one they want and are open about it on tv. I don’t think it’s fair to let someone figure out her paperwork when it’s not dcc sponsored, she isn’t yet an employee and it’s not even an essential staff kind of position, yet you won’t let girls miss practice when they’re sick or for funerals for example. Graduation might not be important for everyone, but being forced to miss funerals of close family or friends and being forced to be in the studio when you’re freaking contagious just doesn’t make sense.

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

The thing is, dcc do state on their website that the girls need to figure it out on their own and they won’t be sponsored, so it doesn’t look like that was the case for Yuko. Jinelle and Angela had to figure it out on their own and were both there for their rookie year-Jinelle only left as a veteran and that was during a break. She of course had to miss practice but that was because she was hospitalized.

To be honest, of course I don’t think Yuko was in the wrong. I just think it’s extremely unfair that the have one rule obviously implemented in the other cases, but they again break their own rules for the one they want and are open about it on tv. I don’t think it’s fair to let someone figure out her paperwork when it’s not dcc sponsored, she isn’t yet an employee and it’s not even an essential staff kind of position, yet you won’t let girls miss practice when they’re sick or for funerals for example. Graduation might not be important for everyone, but being forced to miss funerals of close family or friends and being forced to be in the studio when you’re freaking contagious just doesn’t make sense.

Just because we didn't see Jinelle or Angela have to travel for their visas doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Plenty of stuff gets left on the cutting room floor, especially if there wasn't any real reason to show it.  In Yuko's case, the timing meant that she missed learning the field entrance and had to learn it outside of the usual practice.  Later, Jinelle got stuck in Australia longer than expected due to a medical emergency and missed the very beginning of training camp.  It's likely that both Angela and Jinelle travelled to get their visas squared away during their rookie training camp but didn't miss anything major in rehearsals so they just didn't show it. 

Remember, too, that CMT isn't filming every single rehearsal during training camp, only the ones that Kelly and Judy are evaluating and those rehearsals are the ones that the girls are expected to attend in full makeup and in their pink and blue outfits.  The other rehearsals are mandatory, but do not have required outfits and are often taught by other staff and/or group leaders.  

Edited by aeroluv327
missed a word
  • Love 8
(edited)
17 hours ago, Quoth said:

This is true, I know an Aussie who lives & works in Atlanta and she has to come home every 2 years to renew her visa.

10 hours ago, IrishJig said:

This is true, I know an Aussie who lives & works in Atlanta and she has to come home every 2 years to renew her visa.

Edited by viccib
wrong quote. sorry.
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2020 at 8:14 AM, mizzhyer said:

I'm on board with that 🙂  Sasha was one of my faves and I wish she had stayed longer than 2 years.  🙂 

Agreed, she was one of my all-time favorites!  So gorgeous and an amazing dancer.  I'm watching her rookie season on Pluto right now, they just did her little intro with her daughter and she is just a doll!  If she still looks like Sasha's mini-me, I bet she'd be a great legacy!

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Has she considered applying for American citizenship?

No, I don't think so. I think she kinda likes coming home to see everyone when she has to renew.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Agreed, she was one of my all-time favorites!  So gorgeous and an amazing dancer.  I'm watching her rookie season on Pluto right now, they just did her little intro with her daughter and she is just a doll!  If she still looks like Sasha's mini-me, I bet she'd be a great legacy!

Yeh..she is 🙂 and she really is a great dancer as well.

• Love 5
On 7/22/2020 at 6:21 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Has she considered applying for American citizenship?

If she did become a US citizen, she would have to pay US income tax for the rest of her life, even if she leaves the US. 

A lot of companies counsel younger workers (if visa renewals are not a problem) to wait until they know for sure they plan to reside in the US forever. Most other countries don't tax your outside income.

It's why my husband waited so long to apply for US citizenship - we joked about how I knew he was 'really serious' when he was taking on lifelong income tax if we ever end up moving again. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Caila and Lacey need to stop promoting their MLMs. They looks f****** stupid. 

I worry about the number of these girls who wind up in MLMs

• Love 4
On 7/25/2020 at 2:57 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Caila and Lacey need to stop promoting their MLMs. They looks f****** stupid. 

23 hours ago, CailynA said:

OK I wasn't gonna ask this and sound stupid but I have no clue.....what is a MLM?????? *hides*

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

OK I wasn't gonna ask this and sound stupid but I have no clue.....what is a MLM?????? *hides*

MLM = multi level marketing.  A strategy that some direct sales companies use to encourage existing distributors to recruit new distributors.

Personally, I avoid MLM companies or distributors like the plague.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

MLM = multi level marketing.  A strategy that some direct sales companies use to encourage existing distributors to recruit new distributors.

Personally, I avoid MLM companies or distributors like the plague.

3 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

MLMs better known as "pyramid schemes" or "ponzi scheme"

Thanks 🙂

• Love 1
On 7/19/2020 at 11:59 AM, aeroluv327 said:

Yeah, I think it just depends on how hot it is in Vegas. I live in Atlanta, which is hot and humid (sometimes miserable, especially in August), but it doesn’t usually get into the 100s. So, 95 degrees in Vegas is probably better than 95 degrees in Atlanta due to the lack of humidit

I have lived in Vegas and currently live in Atlanta myself and yes the 110 degrees in Vegas is nothing compared to the 94 with humidity in Atlanta . I would take that dry heat anyway over this misery 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

I have lived in Vegas and currently live in Atlanta myself and yes the 110 degrees in Vegas is nothing compared to the 94 with humidity in Atlanta . I would take that dry heat anyway over this misery 

I've lived, albeit for a short period of time, in both Las Vegas and Alabama either during the summer or going into the summer and I would choose Alabama over Las Vegas any time.  While both have their drawbacks, I prefer the humidity over the dryness.  In fact, I would prefer the humidity over the bugs, the scorpions and the people handing out XXX advertising to families on the strip.  At least that last past occurred when I was there a good 20 years or so ago.  It is one of many reasons I have not returned.

31 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

So uhm, i really liked Lacey... until she retired and she started being more active in SM. In her stories today we have a spectacular demonstration of how to wear a mask (with your whole nose hanging out ofc!!) AND an eyelash product plug -which sorry but did she really check to see how her eyelashes were even looking in the video?

Sorry, I just find that a lot of the girls seem extremely vapid the more they talk. That’s why I liked Jenk and Kashara-they have strong personalities and like them or not, they know what’s coming out of their mouths most of the time at least. And JenK has the most impressive vocabulary in a sea of uhm like y’alls. #sorrynotsorry

Caila is worse than Lacey in my book with the MLM. Her stories are the same things over and over again (making her weight loss coffee drink that she sells through her MLM, recruiting members for her MLM, and talking about how successful she is through her MLM business). 

Right now she is on a vacation with her family in Gulf Shores, AL (a hot spot) from Dallas (another hot spot) and there are no masks to be seen, even though the resort they are at says masks are required. It irks me because my family was supposed to be taking a vacation this week but we canceled due to COVID. 

• Love 7
On 7/25/2020 at 4:56 PM, CailynA said:

Lacey just did an Insta story on her R&F lashes, giiiiiiirl they don't even look good. 

47 minutes ago, mk626 said:

AND an eyelash product plug -which sorry but did she really check to see how her eyelashes were even looking in the video?

Thank you!!!! They looked horrible. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

So uhm, i really liked Lacey... until she retired and she started being more active in SM. In her stories today we have a spectacular demonstration of how to wear a mask (with your whole nose hanging out ofc!!) AND an eyelash product plug -which sorry but did she really check to see how her eyelashes were even looking in the video?

Sorry, I just find that a lot of the girls seem extremely vapid the more they talk. That’s why I liked Jenk and Kashara-they have strong personalities and like them or not, they know what’s coming out of their mouths most of the time at least. And JenK has the most impressive vocabulary in a sea of uhm like y’alls. #sorrynotsorry

I agree, I'm probably going to unfollow her soon.  The over-the-top loooong engagement video (seriously, who does that?) was eyeroll-worthy and it's kind of gone downhill since then.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, mk626 said:

Caila is worse than Lacey in my book with the MLM. Her stories are the same things over and over again (making her weight loss coffee drink that she sells through her MLM, recruiting members for her MLM, and talking about how successful she is through her MLM business). 

Right now she is on a vacation with her family in Gulf Shores, AL (a hot spot) from Dallas (another hot spot) and there are no masks to be seen, even though the resort they are at says masks are required. It irks me because my family was supposed to be taking a vacation this week but we canceled due to COVID. 

That kind of stuff is making me crazy bc we also canceled our vacay (to Florida) bc of Covid. 

11 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I agree, I'm probably going to unfollow her soon.  The over-the-top loooong engagement video (seriously, who does that?) was eyeroll-worthy and it's kind of gone downhill since then.

I just made almost the same comment on another page!😂😂😂. I feel the same way, and I really liked her as a DCC. Now, I feel like you, getting ready to unfollow her, and you can not tell me in that "engagement" video that she did not know what was going on! That kind of staged surprise irritates me. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, mk626 said:

Dear god... I’m not following Caila so I went to check her profile and that’s her second post. For me it’s even worse when things like that come from dancers/athletes. They are either extremely stupid and know nothing about nutrition (which sounds unbelievable for an athlete, some may be using the wrong uhm tools to stay in shape but they absolutely know it’s wrong) or are taking advantage of their looks to persuade people to consume garbage promising they will get their abs. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

That's the one!

Also she was one of Melissa Rycroft’s special projects. Melissa brought in her parents (along with Breelan’s parents) to a special coaching session where they watched videos of her dancing (Melissa show videos of them dancing? Shocking!) and then they gave her a pep talk.

She was cut in 2016 after her second season due to weight gain/bad interview (Jay asked her what Trump’s stance on the wall was and she couldn’t answer). Rumors at the time was that she was that was given the axe for being a problematic party girl. Looking at her instagram provides evidence to support that theory. 

• Love 5

All the self-promoting is getting crazy. I saw quite a few of them also posted a black and white picture of themselves on Instagram while having no idea what that challenge was about. It's about women getting murdered in Turkey and that violence against women is rampant. As in, any woman could be the next black and white image in a newspaper next to the article about her murder. Not glamourshots of beautyqueens.

Sorry for the rant but this made me very angry. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

All the self-promoting is getting crazy. I saw quite a few of them also posted a black and white picture of themselves on Instagram while having no idea what that challenge was about. It's about women getting murdered in Turkey and that violence against women is rampant. As in, any woman could be the next black and white image in a newspaper next to the article about her murder. Not glamourshots of beautyqueens.

Sorry for the rant but this made me very angry. 

I agree. The only former DCC I saw who had actually researched the background on the situation in Turkey and what the challenge was all about was Lauren (a forever fave).

• Love 15