Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 7/6/2020 at 7:47 PM, Lona said:

Victoria and Meredith got that much more time than Kashara and Lacey? Pfffft F off CMT! 😂

I think it’s because there is so much footage of them.(Vic and Merideth) They were on the screen every other minute.

the other vets are basically invisible after their rookie season which would make it hard to have 30-40 minute then and now journeys.

I can’t bring myself to watch one. Are they good?

41 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

I think it’s because there is so much footage of them.(Vic and Merideth) They were on the screen every other minute.

the other vets are basically invisible after their rookie season which would make it hard to have 30-40 minute then and now journeys.

I watched Lacey's, and for a five year vet, there was very little actual footage of Lacey. The highlight was Judy talking about how she has grown and then started to cry. 

(edited)
23 hours ago, jlc said:

I watched Lacey's, and for a five year vet, there was very little actual footage of Lacey. The highlight was Judy talking about how she has grown and then started to cry. 

Because Lacey blends into the crowd to the extent that you don't notice her until its too late .... <coughs> Kashara earned point over Lacey that year because one is a blender and the other isn't <coughs>

As great as a lyrical dancer Lacey is but she does blend totally at times.

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 7

Lacey was a solid DCC but doesn’t make for very interesting television. And that would be a-okay in my book! Normally I would think that would really only impact her social media footprint, but she does have 50k followers. Wonder what it was before she started dating someone with a higher profile? 

50 yard line Kelcey had a decent following, but once she started dating Brodie she skyrocketed too. He used to be well over a million followers, but seems to have lost some popularity lately.  Might be content driven tho, hard to keep the followers happy when you can’t travel, etc. like you used to. 

Social Media is so interesting to me, and can be a very solid revenue source for many of these ladies if they hit the right magic of CMT screen time, likability and appealing content. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, tteek74 said:

Right...if anything, I would think that the amount of screen time is related to how poorly someone performed in training camp and/or if they had other issues throughout the years. The show tends to focus more on the struggles, and standouts tend to not get that much screentime. 

I haven’t watched any of them, but I’m surprised that Kashara’s is shorter than Lacey’s. She (Kashara) was on screen a lot during her third year, whereas I never remember Lacey being featured much at all on the show. She was called out by Kelli has having one of the best solos several seasons, but otherwise, I don’t remember a lot of airtime.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, kalibean said:

Lacey was a solid DCC but doesn’t make for very interesting television. And that would be a-okay in my book! Normally I would think that would really only impact her social media footprint, but she does have 50k followers. Wonder what it was before she started dating someone with a higher profile? 

50 yard line Kelcey had a decent following, but once she started dating Brodie she skyrocketed too. He used to be well over a million followers, but seems to have lost some popularity lately.  Might be content driven tho, hard to keep the followers happy when you can’t travel, etc. like you used to. 

Social Media is so interesting to me, and can be a very solid revenue source for many of these ladies if they hit the right magic of CMT screen time, likability and appealing content. 

What does Lacey's husband do? I am not familiar with it.

Lacey doesn't stand out, however good a dancer she is. If you get her to dance with Holly Powell, Erica, Jenna,Nicole Hamilton (for example) and then the rest of the other good dancers in the squad who are blenders. The blenders won't catch my eye but Holly/Jenna/Erica/Nicole would because of their power and their dancing to make you watch them over everyone else. Theres nothing wrong with being a solid dancer but if you want to make it you need that power and that "shine" to make it big. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

According to Linkedin - employee benefits consultant at an insurance company

17 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Lacey doesn't stand out, however good a dancer she is. If you get her to dance with Holly Powell, Erica, Jenna,Nicole Hamilton (for example) and then the rest of the other good dancers in the squad who are blenders. The blenders won't catch my eye but Holly/Jenna/Erica/Nicole would because of their power and their dancing to make you watch them over everyone else. Theres nothing wrong with being a solid dancer but if you want to make it you need that power and that "shine" to make it big. 

Which is probably why she didn't get point.  Beautiful dancer, but yeah, no power, no shine, no pop.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

He was a quarterback at Oklahoma and then at Texas A&M. I think that is what the posted above was referring to with the “higher profile.”

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

He was a quarterback at Oklahoma and then at Texas A&M. I think that is what the posted above was referring to with the “higher profile.”

Exactly! He flirted with the NFL but never got picked up.  But star position at two very large football schools and very keyed in to the Tim Tebow demographic. Not famous by any stretch but most college football fans would know his name and it’s enough for over 100k followers on insta, verified account and influencer money. 

On 7/10/2020 at 8:35 AM, UK-Fan said:

Erica Wilkins? 

I thought she was a blender at DCC choreo. Someone find me a video of her doing a DCC dance where she stands out.  Yeah she had a couple of good solos but never got the love for her otherwise. 

• Love 4
On 7/11/2020 at 1:46 PM, JayDKay said:

Erica Wilkins? 

I thought she was a blender at DCC choreo. Someone find me a video of her doing a DCC dance where she stands out.  Yeah she had a couple of good solos but never got the love for her otherwise. 

Yes that Erica. She catches my eye more than Lacey. I personally think Lacey is a better dancer than Kashara or Erica but Lacey  doesn't do alot to wow me. I think Erica maybe full of tricks and not as powerful as Nicole hamilton or Holly for example but she stands out more than Lacey does for me. But thats my opinion on it. 

• Love 3

On 7/10/2020 at 6:23 PM, kalibean said:

Oh, such a fun find! But that’s Lacey Minchew, one of the pageant sisters that dropped out of training camp. 
We’ve been talking about Lacey Munoz, who married Trevor Knight. 

Now that is one spoilt brat. I remember Lacey Minchew and her panel interview first and second time around. Even her sister sounded a bit more sincere (not totally but came off a bit better than her sister) in my opinion, especially the first time around.

I think Lacey Minchew was spoilt than Lacey and her actions a few weeks ago. What I remember of her was her attitude was when questioned about her pagent title and her reply was "well that is my first and main priority". I never got why those two was invited into tcc after finals. I remmeber Kelli was pissed when she said those two pulled out of tcc because of their pagent duties and that they took 2 people's spot and I just thought "so why take them on Kelli, you knew they were in pagents, you knew they have their titles and duties that clashes with tcc that year". I wouldnt have taken them into tcc. I'd have cut them at finals or even at the first round. I can understand why they took them to finals, to question their pagent titles etc, which knowing Kelli is all fair and well for her and her actions.

What I and we all think we should do, we all know, with Kelli is most likely to be the complete opposite any good manager (or someone with half a brain) would do

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

I think Lacey Minchew was spoilt than Lacey and her actions a few weeks ago. What I remember of her was her attitude was when questioned about her pagent title and her reply was "well that is my first and main priority". I never got why those two was invited into tcc after finals. I remmeber Kelli was pissed when she said those two pulled out of tcc because of their pagent duties and that they took 2 people's spot and I just thought "so why take them on Kelli, you knew they were in pagents, you knew they have their titles and duties that clashes with tcc that year". I wouldnt have taken them into tcc. I'd have cut them at finals or even at the first round. I can understand why they took them to finals, to question their pagent titles etc, which knowing Kelli is all fair and well for her and her actions.

It annoyed me when they took the Minchew sisters. It annoyed me even more whenever Kelli accuses someone of "taking someone's spot" because that is not what happened. Though, in this case I can give her a pass, since the Sisters shouldn't have auditioned until they were done with their pageant duties, but as you said, Kelli also could have just not taken them knowing they had pageant duties. I think Kelli just got excited about having a reigning pageant queen on the roster. Kelli likes to collect titles. 

Kelli acts like it is some deep betrayal if a girl makes it into camp and realizes she's in way over her head and bows out gracefully, rather than waiting for Kelli to cut her. That always bothered me. I think it takes guts to accept that your dream job is really too much for you and pulling out rather than wasting everyone's time on something you now know you can't do. 

I do remember how forking pissed Judy was at Minchew when she came back the second time. I am surprised she didn't bitch slap Kelli when she said Minchew was in. 

• Love 13
On 7/11/2020 at 3:17 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Well, she doesn't look pregnant🙂

I doubt she is. Apparently her and her husband have postponed their reception until the spring of 2021, and I doubt she would want to be pregnant for that. (I for one am excited for that thunderstruck performance!)

When they do start a family I bet she will be a good mom, she seems very sincere and to come from a close knit and loving family. 

17 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

It annoyed me when they took the Minchew sisters. It annoyed me even more whenever Kelli accuses someone of "taking someone's spot" because that is not what happened. Though, in this case I can give her a pass, since the Sisters shouldn't have auditioned until they were done with their pageant duties, but as you said, Kelli also could have just not taken them knowing they had pageant duties. I think Kelli just got excited about having a reigning pageant queen on the roster. Kelli likes to collect titles. 

Kelli acts like it is some deep betrayal if a girl makes it into camp and realizes she's in way over her head and bows out gracefully, rather than waiting for Kelli to cut her. That always bothered me. I think it takes guts to accept that your dream job is really too much for you and pulling out rather than wasting everyone's time on something you now know you can't do. 

I do remember how forking pissed Judy was at Minchew when she came back the second time. I am surprised she didn't bitch slap Kelli when she said Minchew was in. 

Well, they’re not even taking “somebody’s spot”. Kelli chose to gave them a spot and they earned it. Maybe if Kelli had actual experience in anything other than dcc she would realize that sometimes the one that aces the assessment isn’t the employee you want, or that it’s possible for an employee to start working at their “dream job” only to realize it’s not working out.

But even if we ignore this aspect, why is it a terrible sin to quit after discussing your decision with Kelli? Life happens. There are many legit reasons to quit your job, and it’s certainly possible to have to quit for various reasons but otherwise being really strong. Why not give people the chance to come back stronger next season? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well, they’re not even taking “somebody’s spot”. Kelli chose to gave them a spot and they earned it. Maybe if Kelli had actual experience in anything other than dcc she would realize that sometimes the one that aces the assessment isn’t the employee you want, or that it’s possible for an employee to start working at their “dream job” only to realize it’s not working out.

But even if we ignore this aspect, why is it a terrible sin to quit after discussing your decision with Kelli? Life happens. There are many legit reasons to quit your job, and it’s certainly possible to have to quit for various reasons but otherwise being really strong. Why not give people the chance to come back stronger next season? 

I always get annoyed when Kelli complains about a girl "taking someone's spot in training camp" bc you took the top 45 or whatever to camp. The other girls were lower so they didn't score well enough and yes if a TCC realizes it's not the place for her I applaud her for making that decision and retiring but I wish more of them were honest about it. Megan and her anatomy class resigning on the night they were gonna cut her anyway (in which case Kelli get over yourself you're just pissed she quit before you could cut her and that ain't a good look on you lady" 

It also makes me wonder how often a girl that came in 45 making camp made the team. I'd love it if someone has screencaps/pics of the various boards or first meeting (when they sit by how they scored) would share them so we could compare that with the actual team lists from those years. I just don't think girls who score lower than the top 45 would make the team unless others really crap out and it's a year they take more than 36.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, CailynA said:

It also makes me wonder how often a girl that came in 45 making camp made the team. 

The team is formed from the top 45 girls.  Is that what you are asking?  

44 minutes ago, CailynA said:

I'd love it if someone has screencaps/pics of the various boards or first meeting (when they sit by how they scored) would share them so we could compare that with the actual team lists from those years.

Season 4 was the only season they sat by how they scored during auditions.  They used a board in season 3 when they chewed out the vets, and they used one last year.  Can't remember one from other seasons showing rankings, but it's something to look for.

(edited)

The Minchew girls didn’t even have good answers when they were asked about their conflicts. One of them clearly said that she would cross that bridge when she got there, and the other just said that DCC was her priority, which doesn’t mean that much. It was pretty obvious that there was going to be a problem with the pageants being scheduled when they were. If you really want a pageant girl, either come up with a workaround for the schedule or tell her to come back next year.

This isn’t to absolve the Minchew girls of responsibility for committing to 2 things simultaneously, but it wouldn’t shock me if they really did hope that they would be able to work it out - at least Kenley, who was a decent dancer. The other sister was never going to make it and didn’t seem to care that much. 

Edited by Jess14
Got the sisters mixed up! Kenley was the decent dancer, not Lacey.
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

No, I get that. I'm just curious how often the girl who came into camp ranked 45/45 makes the team and how often she gets cut

1 hour ago, CailynA said:

I always get annoyed when Kelli complains about a girl "taking someone's spot in training camp" bc you took the top 45 or whatever to camp. The other girls were lower so they didn't score well enough

This

It also makes me wonder how often a girl that came in 45 making camp made the team

and this.

22 minutes ago, CailynA said:

I'm just curious how often the girl who came into camp ranked 45/45 makes the team and how often she gets cut

I'm curious how often those who are 37-45 make it.

41 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

This isn’t to absolve the Minchew girls of responsibility for committing to 2 things simultaneously, but it wouldn’t shock me if they really did hope that they would be able to work it out

I always thought this too.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

This isn’t to absolve the Minchew girls of responsibility for committing to 2 things simultaneously, but it wouldn’t shock me if they really did hope that they would be able to work it out...

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I always thought this too.

Agreed.  I believe they both went into it thinking there would be a workaround, even if TPTB said there were no exceptions (it was no secret that they thought very highly of themselves). However, once Kelly called Lacey into the office and told her she was snotty, Lacey was done.  Kenley probably withdrew from training camp more in solidarity with Lacey than actually being committed to her pageant over DCC (hence why she came back the next year to try again).

• Love 3

It would actually be interesting to know how many girls who barely made it into training camp actually make the team. So if the Minchew's hadn't "stolen someone's spot" what were the odds that Little Miss Last Place was going to make it past the say 5-10 other girls who end up getting cut. And if keeping Lacey Minchew meant cutting someone who actually would have made the team, then that's on Kelli for cutting someone who had more potential than all the girls who didn't make it that year. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I suspect it’s formed from the top 36-40 and the rest of camp are people taken for various reasons. Fan favorites, involved in the dance community, Kelli’s special projects. There’s been more than one reference, especially in the older seasons, about judges not picking someone but they made it to camp anyway. 

I think there’s probably been a fair share of candidates who got the judges yes and were nixed for personal reasons too. Just like a lot of jobs, but thankfully mine isn’t revised! 

• Love 2

No, I get that. I'm just curious how often the girl who came into camp ranked 45/45 makes the team and how often she gets cut

Honestly, it’s always easy to spot who is going to get cut from the beginning of tc. Sometimes we have different opinions than Kelli on the last few cuts, but I guess that’s mostly because we say cut whomever is the weakest while Kelli wants to keep girls she likes for various reasons (other than dance ability).

But, while I can see someone coming in as 40-45th making it to the top 36, there’s just no way someone you didn’t want to invite in tc in the first place would make the team. And if no.46 was SO much better than the other girls you brought into camp and cut, the problem is you and your judgement. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/13/2020 at 2:04 AM, Mabinogia said:

7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

5 hours ago, CailynA said:

I always get annoyed when Kelli complains about a girl "taking someone's spot in training camp" bc you took the top 45 or whatever to camp. The other girls were lower so they didn't score well enough and yes if a TCC realizes it's not the place for her I applaud her for making that decision and retiring but I wish more of them were honest about it. Megan and her anatomy class resigning on the night they were gonna cut her anyway (in which case Kelli get over yourself you're just pissed she quit before you could cut her and that ain't a good look on you lady" 

It also makes me wonder how often a girl that came in 45 making camp made the team. I'd love it if someone has screencaps/pics of the various boards or first meeting (when they sit by how they scored) would share them so we could compare that with the actual team lists from those years. I just don't think girls who score lower than the top 45 would make the team unless others really crap out and it's a year they take more than 36.

Whats even worse was (and I have said this in my previous posts). Kelli needs to watch what the hell she says. I will be dead harsh here. It seems to me that Kelli is developing dementia. PERIOD. I say that because one minute she says that she respect and want the other judges opinions and at the end of the day after the judges leave, she and Judy and Charlotte sits down and "triple checks" the candidates esp from first audition to semis to finals to tcc, because she (says she), Judy and Charlotte is "ultimately" responsible for the squad and then she actually physically PROMOTE double standards on national tv. But then somewhere down the line Kelli actually FORGETS what she actually said about that exact same situation and just does the opposite of what she has said previously on national tv. And I hope she reads this and actually uses her brain to "remember" what she has said on tv before she says something else and to quote Kelli "we don't do stupid in our business because you cant undo stupid". 

My bet on the Minchew sisters being allowed into training camp was because the other judges gave them the vote to be in tcc. But its like why let them in when they both stated in camp they still have their titles. Judy actually was pretty rude to Kenley Minchew about her actions and it was just like, yes it was her and her sister Lacey's fault for trying out (but I don't think either thought they would get into tcc) that first year but it was definitely K, J and C's fault for letting them in. They actually GAVE THEM a chance to try make it work and then blamed them for their own actions to make themselves look good. No if you want to promote double standards don't do it on national tv. Period. Thats not hard.

4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

The Minchew girls didn’t even have good answers when they were asked about their conflicts. One of them clearly said that she would cross that bridge when she got there, and the other just said that DCC was her priority, which doesn’t mean that much. It was pretty obvious that there was going to be a problem with the pageants being scheduled when they were. If you really want a pageant girl, either come up with a workaround for the schedule or tell her to come back next year.

This isn’t to absolve the Minchew girls of responsibility for committing to 2 things simultaneously, but it wouldn’t shock me if they really did hope that they would be able to work it out - at least Kenley, who was a decent dancer. The other sister was never going to make it and didn’t seem to care that much. 

Lacey Minchew was the one who said she will cross that bridge. To be pretty honest its not the best answer but between her and her sisters answer, that was a better answer than what her sister gave. Her sister basically talked herself off the squad with the answer of "well yes that is my first priority" which was then followed by a closed mouth in a straight line and a nod of "the pageant was more important to me than this". It may have been an honest answer to them both but the way they said it was just wrong on all levels. Least she had the brains to not try out the following year.

Kelli may have said it and let them in for ratings but it seems Kelli does not like to take the blame. Whats funny is in Season 12 Judy states "we do not like to take people back a second time just to waste their time by cutting them again. Then why the hell did you let Kenley back to semis and then finals, was it to have the chance to grill her? My guess was yes. <shakes head> 

I do not believe the things K and J say anymore and I just see the show for what it really is. A reality show that is made to for entertaining with all its drama. 

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

I do not believe the things K and J say anymore and I just see the show for what it really is. A reality show that is made to for entertaining with all its drama. 

I haven't believed the things KELLI says anymore.  Judy knows better than to open her mouth because Kelli will over-ride her and not listen to what she has to say, even when it is a rational, well-thought-out reason one way or the other about a girl.  At least Judy got to have an opinion in the earlier seasons.  Now? Not so much.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kelli was believing her own press and does NOT like to have her own words used against her, even (and especially) when they contradict her previous position.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

I just see the show for what it really is. A reality show that is made to for entertaining with all its drama. 

I don't think it started that way. Like all reality shows, I think it started with good intentions, to actually show the extreme process of making the best squad possible, but when the show became popular, as it got more and more seasons, the show became the focus more than the squad. I do think that at least half way through the shows run the focus ended up more on who would make good TV than who would make a good cheerleader. 

I imagine the show brings in a lot of money for them and probably created more fans. Personally, I've watched every season I have had access to (Pluto) multiple times and I have never in my life seen a Cowboys game, not even on TV. I am more interested in the dancing and the audition process etc. than I am in football. So I could see that influencing them into selecting candidates for their "journey" as much as/or moreso than their skill. 

All reality shows tend to morph into something else, something far more self aware, the longer they are on. Pity, because the concept of watching talented young women fighting for their dream was interesting and dramatic without all the manufactured TV drama. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

All reality shows tend to morph into something else, something far more self aware, the longer they are on. Pity, because the concept of watching talented young women fighting for their dream was interesting and dramatic without all the manufactured TV drama. 

Exactly!!!!  MTT stands for Making The Tv show.  Let's bring in Kelli's pastor as our guest this week to help a gal who lost three of her best friends in a helicopter crash, to hear other girls talk about family members who died, etc.  Let's bring in our guest choreographer of the week to pick who they think should be on the team even though they have never seen these girls do a kick line or answer media questions.  Let's see who we can trip up in the office by accusing them of something, who can we make cry, who will be Kelli's girl crush this year and make the team even though she doesn't deserve it.  Let's have Kat and Karissa stress out over not having a place to live.  Oh and let's have poor Cheryl walk into the middle of practice and make the girls freak out over who she is going to take to the office.

• Love 9

Did Kelli Q. retire because she was getting married or because of injury? If it was the former, I wonder if she regrets retiring. If the powers that be decided not to take in any new girls due to COVID, I would think she'd be a good one to ask to return if needed for one year.

5 hours ago, cgloss said:

Did Kelli Q. retire because she was getting married or because of injury? If it was the former, I wonder if she regrets retiring. If the powers that be decided not to take in any new girls due to COVID, I would think she'd be a good one to ask to return if needed for one year.

Not sure about her reasons for retiring, but she was an All Star last year and I'd imagine would be asked to be one again.  If DCC doesn't take any new girls, I think it would make more sense to just keep the roster of veterans who re-auditioned.  The All Stars retired from the squad for their own reasons, I'm not sure bringing any back to the full time squad would make sense.  Kelli is a teacher, I'm sure she will have enough on her plate in the fall!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, cgloss said:

Did Kelli Q. retire because she was getting married or because of injury?

Didn't she say she had issues with vertigo & that was why she retired?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Didn't she say she had issues with vertigo & that was why she retired?

Nasty sinus infection causing headaches, vertigo among other issues.  It was so bad that they had to break bones in her face to get out the infection:(

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Her first two years were in Mexico she will do the rest here in the states 

I hope she can handle the heat.  Literally.  I visited LV for 4 days back in August of 2018 and the heat was ridiculous!!!!

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I hope she can handle the heat.  Literally.  I visited LV for 4 days back in August of 2018 and the heat was ridiculous!!!!

It’s pretty hot there 

(edited)
22 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

What does LV stand for? Or am I missing something from not being on here for a few days?

On 7/14/2020 at 10:24 PM, Mabinogia said:

I don't think it started that way. Like all reality shows, I think it started with good intentions, to actually show the extreme process of making the best squad possible, but when the show became popular, as it got more and more seasons, the show became the focus more than the squad. I do think that at least half way through the shows run the focus ended up more on who would make good TV than who would make a good cheerleader. 

I imagine the show brings in a lot of money for them and probably created more fans. Personally, I've watched every season I have had access to (Pluto) multiple times and I have never in my life seen a Cowboys game, not even on TV. I am more interested in the dancing and the audition process etc. than I am in football. So I could see that influencing them into selecting candidates for their "journey" as much as/or moreso than their skill. 

Agreed . I stopped believing this in series 4 or something or whenever Whitney Isleib issue happened and then it was practically "promoted" on the show. I just sit there and just crack up laughing now, at all the drama I see on the show. No I am not laughing at or with the girls because I know that is serious for them to get on this team. But just at all the drama created. 

On 7/15/2020 at 12:00 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Exactly!!!!  MTT stands for Making The Tv show.  Let's bring in Kelli's pastor as our guest this week to help a gal who lost three of her best friends in a helicopter crash, to hear other girls talk about family members who died, etc.  Let's bring in our guest choreographer of the week to pick who they think should be on the team even though they have never seen these girls do a kick line or answer media questions.  Let's see who we can trip up in the office by accusing them of something, who can we make cry, who will be Kelli's girl crush this year and make the team even though she doesn't deserve it.  Let's have Kat and Karissa stress out over not having a place to live.  Oh and let's have poor Cheryl walk into the middle of practice and make the girls freak out over who she is going to take to the office.

Poor Shaina. That was Kelli and her marketing degree coming out. Yes bring the damn pastor in but it was annoying to watch esp when Kelli decided to fold her arms and look pissed when Shaina came up to her to apologise for not saying anything. Its like, no girl you don't need to apologise to Kelli. Kelli is the one that needs to apologise to you for trying to force you to talk about something that you are not ready to talk about yet. You don't need to talk about your personal problems on national tv. You talk about it when you are ready not when you are being forced (and practically bullied) into talk about it, especially on national tv.

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, UK-Fan said:

What does LV stand for? Or am I missing something from not being on here for a few days?

Agreed . I stopped believing this in series 4 or something or whenever Whitney Isleib issue happened and then it was practically "promoted" on the show. I just sit there and just crack up laughing now, at all the drama I see on the show. No I am not laughing at or with the girls because I know that is serious for them to get on this team. But just at all the drama created. 

Poor Shaina. That was Kelli and her marketing degree coming out. Yes bring the damn pastor in but it was annoying to watch esp when Kelli decided to fold her arms and look pissed when Shaina came up to her to apologise for not saying anything. Its like, no girl you don't need to apologise to Kelli. Kelli is the one that needs to apologise to you for trying to force you to talk about something that you are not ready to talk about yet. You don't need to talk about your personal problems on national tv. You talk about it when you are ready not when you are being forced to talk about it.

LV I presume is for Las Vegas

• Love 1
13 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I'm from Dallas and I actually didn't find the heat in LV that bad when I visited a few years ago.  It's a dry heat, Dallas and Louisiana (which I think where she is from?) are super humid, so it feels hotter than the actual temperature.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I'm from Dallas and I actually didn't find the heat in LV that bad when I visited a few years ago.  It's a dry heat, Dallas and Louisiana (which I think where she is from?) are super humid, so it feels hotter than the actual temperature.  

Yeah, I think it just depends on how hot it is in Vegas. I live in Atlanta, which is hot and humid (sometimes miserable, especially in August), but it doesn’t usually get into the 100s. So, 95 degrees in Vegas is probably better than 95 degrees in Atlanta due to the lack of humidity. BUT, last time I was in Vegas, it ranged from 100 to 108 degrees each day. The heat radiated off the sidewalks to an extent that I’ve never felt before. It drained all my energy. I’m not sure I could handle that one a regular basis, and Im someone much prefers heat to cold weather, which I absolutely loathe! 

New Orleans is one place that rivals Vegas, just in a different way IMO. I’ve been there SO many times (too many times to count) and have family there, but each time, the humidity seems to knock me down lol. 

• Love 1
On 6/15/2020 at 5:59 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

The Jones fam wanted Yuko so she could’ve gone out there and done the hokey pokey and made it. Yuko is a lovely girl, very sweet, I think she did improve but could not follow direction, speak English and was MISERABLE at first. She was pushed on that team. Sponsors and connections $$$$. She should have been cut based on performance and interview. I mean she had to have a damn translator, and got to miss camp over a visa. Other girls have missed funerals and graduations bc of camp schedules. But yuko gets a pass.

On 6/15/2020 at 5:59 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Japanese market is lucrative.

@BluegrassDCCFan  This is what was said about Yuko and her visa

• Useful 1
(edited)

Regarding Yuko (as they were playing her rookie season on PlutoTV last night), I had forgotten that she was allowed to miss some of training camp due to her visa. Also, that scene with her and Melissa at Natalie's house just made me so sad.  Normally I would say that I can't believe Yuko was sold on this idea of DCC being the best dance opportunity in the world, but DCC has successfully played that marketing game.

And yes, TPTB wanted Yuko on that squad and would have moved mountains to keep her there.  I mean, they made an entire segment throwing someone (Daphne?) a makeshift college graduation when she missed her real one to be in camp - how do they do that and then let someone else leave camp for visa issues?

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2