Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Yes! 100% on that! I never see Sydney post going out with anyone or hanging with anyone but Jenna and Kat Dunn. She has no friendships with the girls she started with on the team. But then again posting with anyone else would take away time from taking pictures of herself lol it’s also said that her mom is one of those moms that has told Syd her whole life she is better than anyone else. 

6 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I was never a Sydney fan at all.  I agree with the fake comment.  She stuck around for about 6 seasons too long in my humble opinion. 🙂 

100% to all of this!!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Regarding Lacey....I actually liked her as a DCC up until her last year.  She became so much more self obsessed and I got sick of hearing about her fiance'.  I'm assuming we will see her around as an All Star...I mean if she's the epitome of DCC...then how could they not have her as an AS?  😉 

Couldn't agree more!  Some say college is for some women to get the MRS. degree.  I feel that way about the DCC.  Yes, while some are absolutely stellar in their life after DCC with careers and businesses and such, it seems to me that most of them work to become a bride and then a stay at home mom (nothing wrong with this at all).  Just my observations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Couldn't agree more!  Some say college is for some women to get the MRS. degree.  I feel that way about the DCC.  Yes, while some are absolutely stellar in their life after DCC with careers and businesses and such, it seems to me that most of them work to become a bride and then a stay at home mom (nothing wrong with this at all).  Just my observations.

I feel this way too. Their station in life will undoubtedly have been elevated one way or another for having been a DCC. Even the one and dones. Some go on to have careers outside of the home, and some decide to stay home and.....have children. 😉 🍍🍊🍇 But either way, unless you're a Kalyssa or a LeGrande, you'll have a few perks that the rest of us losers behind keyboards don't. 🤣

It's nice work if you can get it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Regarding Lacey....I actually liked her as a DCC up until her last year.  She became so much more self obsessed and I got sick of hearing about her fiance'.  I'm assuming we will see her around as an All Star...I mean if she's the epitome of DCC...then how could they not have her as an AS?  😉 

Nah she'll get pregnant before you can say 'predictable'. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Soo I saw a post about Jen Colvin posting anti vax stuff... she’s back at it in her ig stories. I don’t have words...

Hey, if it's good enough for an uneducated hyperactive washed up playboy model from Chicago, amirite!?!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Well that was a roller coaster. Went in fully prepared to roll my eyes, found the info from the vaccine itself interesting, which reminded me about an article I read a while back that women aren’t always tested for side effects in the same way men are during clinical trials, much less on a growing fetus, thought maybe she wasn’t that crazy after all and then some dude started shouting nonsense and I was out.  

There’s a lot more that can be done by the medical field on the impact of drugs on females and/or their fetuses, but I’m gonna get my info from peer reviewed tests and credible sources. Sigh. 

• Love 8
On 8/12/2020 at 7:24 PM, TeacherWoman said:

She said she met her class on Zoom, so she has a virtual classroom.  She could have done that from the bubble.

She couldn’t go into the bubble so they had a one day audition for her and any other girls who couldn’t leave their jobs 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

Maybe it’s just me but what happened to social distancing? No masks and women who are pregnant attended Veronica’s shower🤦🏻‍♀️

CF92C175-E83A-460D-B196-BB3EA85371D0.jpeg

Haven't you heard? DCC are so elite, that if you've cheered for them in the last 10 years, it gives you immunity against COVID-19. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Haven't you heard? DCC are so elite, that if you've cheered for them in the last 10 years, it gives you immunity against COVID-19. 

Judging by some of their posts, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them believed that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Quite a few seem to have masks in hand, so I’m hoping it was a whip them off super quick for a pic and then pop them back on situation 😬

REALLY wish people would show some responsibility in their pics, or at least acknowledge in the comments. Sigh. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

@TeacherWoman RE: Taylor J - a lot of districts are requiring teachers to Zoom from their classrooms. Mine is starting in person but if we go to all virtual we will be required to be in the building as long as we ourselves don't need to be quarantined. If she's required to be in her building she can't be in the bubble or maybe she was required to attend the before school year meetings in person and couldn't do the bubble because of that.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, CailynA said:

@TeacherWoman RE: Taylor J - a lot of districts are requiring teachers to Zoom from their classrooms. Mine is starting in person but if we go to all virtual we will be required to be in the building as long as we ourselves don't need to be quarantined. If she's required to be in her building she can't be in the bubble or maybe she was required to attend the before school year meetings in person and couldn't do the bubble because of that.

Each district seems to have a separate plan! It depends on the concentration of cases in the district. All of mine are on distance learning over 5 districts in the greater San Francisco area...

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Each district seems to have a separate plan! It depends on the concentration of cases in the district. All of mine are on distance learning over 5 districts in the greater San Francisco area...

My friend in San Jose got to choose where to teach from, but she had to leave the house or find a way to up the bandwidth with two kids taking college courses:)

So, back on topic:

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CailynA said:

Taylor was not in the bubble. I’m not sure if she had to go online during the week to practice from home with girls in the bubble, but they created a one day in person try out for those who couldn’t get off of work. There were photos of her on Saturday and a sneak peek at her doing her solo for K & J. Madeline said she had to do three dances, a solo and something else. I’m assuming she had to be in the School  and therefore couldn’t go into the bubble.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, DCCManFan said:

image.thumb.png.9c0731449515c792b75737221e27238f.png

Saw this magazine with Lacey on the cover in the grocery store today.

Lacey is beautiful, I never cared for her but she definitely is a pretty bride...

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Of course Melissa looks more spontaneous.  Trevor is looking at Lacey and Lacey is of course looking at the camera.  Just like she did her entire last year on the show.

You said it much better than I did.  Always a "pose."

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

This really pains me to say, I loved Lacey, now she bugs me a lot.

For me, she was one of my faves when she first auditioned. Now she just seems plastic and a little dense (gosh I feel mean saying that). All the MLM stuff was the reason I unfollowed her. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Of course Melissa looks more spontaneous.  Trevor is looking at Lacey and Lacey is of course looking at the camera.  Just like she did her entire last year on the show.

Lol. Even as a Lacey fan gotta admit that’s a sick burn 😂

• LOL 9

Lacey is one of my all time favorite DCC.  However, personality wise I have always questioned that something was off.  Outside of DCC events, I rarely have seen pictures of her with her teammates except for Melissa and Mary.  I then looked at her wedding photos and wondered why only Taylor J and Melissa were the only DCC in her wedding party.  She was on the team for 5 years and was shocked that she didn't have more DCC in her wedding party.  It tells me that she must not have been super well liked by her teammates.  She comes off as very snooty to me.

I also saw how she was the only leader during VK's first year in TC that tried to talk Kelli into having VK on the team.  I see that those two seem to be somewhat close.

I felt like her relationship with Trevor was a whirlwind.  She is young and I hope their marriage lasts.  They are a good looking couple!

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Lacey is one of my all time favorite DCC.  However, personality wise I have always questioned that something was off.  Outside of DCC events, I rarely have seen pictures of her with her teammates except for Melissa and Mary.  I then looked at her wedding photos and wondered why only Taylor J and Melissa were the only DCC in her wedding party.  She was on the team for 5 years and was shocked that she didn't have more DCC in her wedding party.  It tells me that she must not have been super well liked by her teammates.  She comes off as very snooty to me.

I also saw how she was the only leader during VK's first year in TC that tried to talk Kelli into having VK on the team.  I see that those two seem to be somewhat close.

I felt like her relationship with Trevor was a whirlwind.  She is young and I hope their marriage lasts.  They are a good looking couple!

She had other DCC in her wedding. Mary Dill and I think Amy T was there too, both are former DCC. I cant remember who else was there, current and former DCC wise

I stopped liking Lacey the year before her last year. She maybe pretty but her attitude her 5th year bugged and rubbed me up the wrong way and eurgh her wedding still bugs me esp when some of her "followers" tells me I do not understand her situation. Yea lets bring up my friend and her army husband's wedding again shall we and see whether I understood her situation or not lol?

As for Melissa Kellerman, she didn't rub me the wrong way. I always liked her.

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

She had other DCC in her wedding. Mary Dill and I think Amy T was there too, both are former DCC. I cant remember who else was there, current and former DCC wise

I stopped liking Lacey the year before her last year. She maybe pretty but her attitude her 5th year bugged and rubbed me up the wrong way and eurgh her wedding still bugs me esp when some of her "followers" tells me I do not understand her situation. Yea lets bring up my friend and her army husband's wedding again shall we and see whether I understood her situation or not lol?

As for Melissa Kellerman, she didn't rub me the wrong way. I always liked her.

I knew Mary and Amy T were invited as guests. But I was referring to her actual wedding party. She was on the squad for 5 years and no current members were in her wedding party or as guests. I just found it very odd. That’s all. 

Edited by TUOwl84
  • Love 2

Is it ok to ask who some of the  past DCC knew when trying out? There HAS to be a reason some of them made it (and it sure wan't for the dancing). I'm thinking Morgan, Breelan, "when we say don't tan, that means don't tan" girl, Meredith, Yuko (dancing maybe, but NOT a good  ambassador) ... there has to be more.

27 minutes ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

Is it ok to ask who some of the  past DCC knew when trying out? There HAS to be a reason some of them made it (and it sure wan't for the dancing). I'm thinking Morgan, Breelan, "when we say don't tan, that means don't tan" girl, Meredith, Yuko (dancing maybe, but NOT a good  ambassador) ... there has to be more.

I've seen this sentiment (in bold) more than a few times on these boards, and I'll never understand it.  I think it's really just a way to say "she couldn't speak perfect english".  But in the eyes of Kelli and Charlotte, Yuko was an INCREDIBLE ambassador for the team.  They could brag that Yuko traveled from 6,500 miles away just to be a DCC, she always had a smile on her face, she was a locker room favorite, and she was never going to say the wrong thing, because she could always fake a language barrier if topics got uncomfortable.  I think they would have cloned Yuko if they could have.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, An Offt said:

But in the eyes of Kelli and Charlotte, Yuko was an INCREDIBLE ambassador for the team.  They could brag that Yuko traveled from 6,500 miles away just to be a DCC, she always had a smile on her face, she was a locker room favorite, and she was never going to say the wrong thing, because she could always fake a language barrier if topics got uncomfortable.  I think they would have cloned Yuko if they could have.

I have to agree with them on that. I do think Yuko was a great ambassador. She was walking joy. She was so happy to be there, so smiley and friendly. The "not good English" is the perfect cover if she makes a faux pas and I'm pretty sure she'd say or do whatever they asked. That last one is pretty much what K/C mean when they say they want great ambassadors. They want people who will do whatever they tell them to do. They want desperate sheep willing to do anything to wear that uniform. Yuko struck me as very pliable, so she'd be just what they are looking for. 

52 minutes ago, An Offt said:

"when we say don't tan, that means don't tan" girl

hahahaha, I can't remember her name either, she's just the don't tan girl. She was very pretty and seemed sweet, but she also seemed like a total ditz. 

• Love 5

In regards to Lacey and her bridal party/wedding guests - I think she has a lot of life long friends who were in her wedding and, due to Covid, she had to have a much smaller wedding. I’m sure she was intending to have more DCC there but couldn’t. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

In regards to Lacey and her bridal party/wedding guests - I think she has a lot of life long friends who were in her wedding and, due to Covid, she had to have a much smaller wedding. I’m sure she was intending to have more DCC there but couldn’t. 

I also don't know how big her extended family is.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I also don't know how big her extended family is.

Exactly! We’re always chiding these girls for making DCC their be all end all but then we turn around and assume something must be wrong with one when her bridal party isn’t all teammates 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 6

Lacey had at least 12 bridesmaids...looks like three were DCC.  Quick math, 22% of her life was as a DCC, since she joined right at 18. 25% of her bridesmaids. Lol. 

I’m surprised she didn’t have more DCC too, honestly, but she went to high school in DFW and stayed to be a DCC, so she wouldn’t have lost touch with her childhood and high school friends like a lot of us who went away to college did. 

Gotta keep in mind that Lacey is still pretty young, too. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Lacey may have had some as original guests but with her cut down wedding party and some (without looking) I could only name and remember Mary as bridesmaid and cannot remember where Amy T and anyone in dcc was as bridesmaid and guest (and I cannot be asaked to look because y'all know my feelings on lacey and her wedding and I cant be asked to write another rant about her, cant do it without thinking or writing a long one about who deserve that amount of party between her and my friend!!!!!! And y'all dont deserve to listen to a rant about this again so i'll move on ......

But I just think she (and some current and former dcc) makes some stupid decisions in life outside of dcc in certain areas and does not "excude" (is that spelt correctly? I think my brain is not spelling anything correctly at 4.20am lol!!!!) the "smart dcc" and charlote, judy and demntia kelli "bangs on about"

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Stephieg84 said:

I admittedly love Lacey, so this may be biased, but I actually find it refreshing when a bride doesn’t have all DCC bridesmaids. These girls did have friends prior to being a DCC, didn’t they? I made a lot of friends in college, but I also had friends I’d known for 20 years when I got married.  When I chose those friends as groomsmen, I don’t think it was an indication that I was widely disliked or was mean after high school or college. 

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I have to agree with them on that. I do think Yuko was a great ambassador. She was walking joy. She was so happy to be there, so smiley and friendly. The "not good English" is the perfect cover if she makes a faux pas and I'm pretty sure she'd say or do whatever they asked. That last one is pretty much what K/C mean when they say they want great ambassadors. They want people who will do whatever they tell them to do. They want desperate sheep willing to do anything to wear that uniform. Yuko struck me as very pliable, so she'd be just what they are looking for. 

hahahaha, I can't remember her name either, she's just the don't tan girl. She was very pretty and seemed sweet, but she also seemed like a total ditz. 

We will have to agree to disagree. I can't see her having a "intellectually simulating conversation" with the "general of... the army"(Judy) or "the President... of the United States" (Kelli). 

What about Morgan? They cut a lot of girls for memory mistakes but she got a pass. Who does she know?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

We will have to agree to disagree. I can't see her having a "intellectually simulating conversation" with the "general of... the army"(Judy) or "the President... of the United States" (Kelli). 

Oh, I wouldn't go that far! But I think they look for different things in different girls. Yuko filled the peppy, happy to be there International girl. They can have someone who is training to be a doctor or lawyer do the heavy intellectual lifting. 

I don't think Kelli, Judy, Charlotte expect each girl to have every quality they are looking for (they may say they do but years of evidence points elsewhere) but try to find a handful of smart ones, some perky ones, some sexy ones, some athletic ones, etc. The same way they try to find blondes, redheads and brunettes to round out the team. So the candidates aren't all held to the same standard, which isn't necessarily fair, but it is how most teams are built. They look for people to fill in the blanks on the team. 

Unfortunately with DCC there is a lot of nepotism they end up working around and so some worthy women lose their chance. 

• Love 8