Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I still can't figure it out—did Erica Wilkins get cut or did she quit? And if she got cut, what for?

She was cut.  She was injured, so had to sit out the Hall of Fame game.  She was told to stay in the locker room, but instead went out to the stands, got an alcoholic beverage, took a pic and sent it out.  Needless to say, K&J saw the pic.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

Starting to think the Jet’s Flight Crew is a bigger farm squad than the Ice Angels at this point. Lol.

Only 3 AAIA made the DC C and 6 Jets FC made the DCC. The FC director, Denise is a former DC C so that might have something to do with it.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked...Does anyone know why Tina Kalina is not in the squad photos? She was on the squad in ‘84, ‘85, and ‘86 but I only see her in the ‘84 squad photo.

She was on the squad ‘84, ‘88 and ‘89.

2 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

The cheerleaders dancing with her are...Danielle, Jackie Bob, Simone and...??

Jaycie and...(I can't identify the blonde). Maybe she's a friend who wasn't a DCC? She reminds me of the Courtney/Bring It On girl, but that's probably unlikely.

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

Jaycie and...(I can't identify the blonde). Maybe she's a friend who wasn't a DCC? She reminds me of the Courtney/Bring It On girl, but that's probably unlikely.

I thought it was her too!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Only 3 AAIA made the DC C and 6 Jets FC made the DCC. The FC director, Denise is a former DC C so that might have something to do with it.

Can’t think of who they all are, is this right and who am I missing? AAIA- Kelsey, Kelli, and ? FC-Jasmine, Danielle, Tara, Savannah, Jessica, and ? 

16 hours ago, PixieDust said:

Can’t think of who they all are, is this right and who am I missing? AAIA- Kelsey, Kelli, and ? FC-Jasmine, Danielle, Tara, Savannah, Jessica, and ? 

EDITED: AAIA - Stephanie & Kristin  FC- Jaylen.   There were also 2 FC girls who auditioned for the DCC but did make it: Malena and Kate.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3

Is anyone else bummed by the amount of former (and current I guess lol) DCCs on insta posting tons of non-socially distanced socializing? I mean, my god. I unfollowed Breelan, Jen Colvin, and Danielle recently because it just grossed me out so much. Yesterday I unfollowed Christina because she posted pics with her boyfriend, Alexis, and Alexis's bf at some winery or something. It's just so beyond disappointing and lowkey infuriating, especially considering most of them are in Texas

• Love 15
46 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Is anyone else bummed by the amount of former (and current I guess lol) DCCs on insta posting tons of non-socially distanced socializing? I mean, my god. I unfollowed Breelan, Jen Colvin, and Danielle recently because it just grossed me out so much. Yesterday I unfollowed Christina because she posted pics with her boyfriend, Alexis, and Alexis's bf at some winery or something. It's just so beyond disappointing and lowkey infuriating, especially considering most of them are in Texas

Yes, totally. jen colvin lost me at the anti vaxx stuff. I don’t know what to think of Danielle, it’s similar to lacey’s wedding... they were both engaged for under a year so I don’t think it would’ve been such a huge problem to postpone, or at least have a small ceremony now and host their huge receptions i don’t know, maybe at some point when people won’t be dying all around them? 

I don’t care if they just want to “live their lives”. We all do and some of us had to completely quarantine (as in, we had to have permission to leave our homes for only a few things such as going to the super market or pharmacy and only in close proximity to your residence AND only if you couldn’t get them delivered to you) alone. They have roommates and live in boyfriends, they will survive without partying it up for one summer. They chose to have a job mainly because they knew they’d get famous and gain followers & partnerships, so they know that people are watching their every move.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Agreed!  And then they wonder how they got sick with COVID?  And Christina's posts just remind me of someone that is desperate for attention and desperate for her boyfriend to propose to her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Christina Alexis and the boyfriends aren’t even Texas Jen Colvin lives in Florida 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Agreed!  And then they wonder how they got sick with COVID?  And Christina's posts just remind me of someone that is desperate for attention and desperate for her boyfriend to propose to her.

I thought the same thing about Christina.  I feel kinda bad for her because if I remember correctly, when Mandy V tried out it was bc she was moving to Dallas with her boyfriend (Christina's current boyfriend) who was being transferred there and they had been together a pretty long time.  When she said that, I thought I wonder if she thinks he'll propose??  Now Christina is following him back to WA?  

Side note:  I don't think people have to get engaged when moving with a boyfriend/girlfriend and I know nothing about either relationship, just my take based on the fact most of these girls seem like they are searching for their hubbies...  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

AAIA - Stephanie  FC - Jaylen.   There were 2 FC girls who auditioned for the DC C but did make it: Malena and Kate.

I think I was unconsciously adding the Ice Angels that made it into camp, too...Alexandra, Vivian (2x), Auto Amy, etc.  Am I forgetting anyone?  It's still a good training ground for a lot of the ladies, especially those who haven't performed a lot on college squads.

I thought for a second east Texas Courtney had come from AAIA too, but maybe I'm mixing that with the Dallas Stars team that she joined after TC.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Christina Alexis and the boyfriends aren’t even Texas Jen Colvin lives in Florida 

Doesn't really matter if they're in Texas or not, it just makes it a little worse. And Florida is just as bad if not worse lol

• Love 4

Honestly I don't care. What they do is their choice. If they choose to be around each other, that's their business. I think it's highly unlikely they got anyone else sick. To me the judgment is right up there with quarantine shaming, where people were posting stuff like "I haven't been in anyone else's home and no one else has been in mine, repost if you can say the same." I can't roll my eyes hard enough when I see those posts.

My disclaimer is that I work in hospitals. I have mentioned my hospital work before. I have a construction project going on at one of the hotspot hospitals in NYC that made the news. I've done my due diligence and self-quarantined like I'm supposed to on return from each meeting, which they schedule so I can do so. I take public transportation and mass transit. I haven't gotten sick. I do what I'm supposed to do and that's my choice. I think there is risk when you're talking about extended exposure in close proximity, and a bridal shower is not that. A trip is not that. An outdoor backyard wedding is not really that. A big indoor wedding reception might be that. 

If you're already sick with cardiac or respiratory illness, you should take precautions. If you're otherwise healthy, eta and possibly asymptomatic, there is very little real scientific evidence to suggest you have enough virus in you to be contagious. Wash your hands, wear your mask if people are going to give you a rash of shit for not doing so. Use your best judgment.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yes, totally. jen colvin lost me at the anti vaxx stuff. I don’t know what to think of Danielle, it’s similar to lacey’s wedding... they were both engaged for under a year so I don’t think it would’ve been such a huge problem to postpone, or at least have a small ceremony now and host their huge receptions i don’t know, maybe at some point when people won’t be dying all around them? 

I don’t care if they just want to “live their lives”. We all do and some of us had to completely quarantine (as in, we had to have permission to leave our homes for only a few things such as going to the super market or pharmacy and only in close proximity to your residence AND only if you couldn’t get them delivered to you) alone. They have roommates and live in boyfriends, they will survive without partying it up for one summer. They chose to have a job mainly because they knew they’d get famous and gain followers & partnerships, so they know that people are watching their every move.

omg anti vaxx? BYE

And I'm so glad someone feels me on this. It's just so disappointing to see SO MANY of them not give a single eff.

I also saw yesterday Kelsey L posted a pic kissing Caila's cheek in a picture, something for Caila getting married, and she had her mask hanging around her neck...k

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Yeah, no. That selfish behavior is exactly why this thing has gotten exponentially worse with no end in sight. Tons of people can get sick, have no symptoms, and spread it around. So it's kind of goofy to say you don't know if they got anyone else sick. There's literally no way to know. 

And 'quarantine shaming' lol, please. I'm not a perfect angel, but I try. No one's perfect with this. But if you're flaunting constant mask-free weekend trips, travel, and hanging with tons of different people, you suck right now

I'm saying I don't care what they do. It's their business. I do what I think is best for me.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Me! You would think Jen being pregnant would make her more cautious. I think she’s a great dancer and choreographer but when I see her videos of her classes with people not wearing masks standing in a circle, I cringe. 

I’m not saying I haven’t seen friends but it’s always been the same few friends and following the guidelines. I feel bad for brides like Danielle who want to have their perfect day but as a guest, I probably wouldn’t take the risk of attending a wedding right now. You may not know if you have it or if someone else has it and who is at high risk. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

I’m not saying I haven’t seen friends but it’s always been the same few friends and following the guidelines. I feel bad for brides like Danielle who want to have their perfect day but as a guest, I probably wouldn’t take the risk of attending a wedding right now. You may not know if you have it or if someone else has it and who is at high risk. 

Same. I don’t think every instance of someone getting together with a friend is a high risk activity, especially if masks are worn and the friends are outdoors. So, I do think some people go overboard with the scorn. However, I can’t get with the “do you” attitude when it comes to covid-19. We’re at 6 million cases and 180k deaths and counting. 1000+ people are dying a day.

There are some types of reckless behaviors that only affect the person being reckless. In those instances, I’m all about people minding their own business. Covid-19 is not that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Same. I don’t think every instance of someone getting together with a friend is a high risk activity, especially if masks are worn and the friends are outdoors. So, I do think some people go overboard with the scorn. However, I can’t get with the “do you” attitude when it comes to covid-19. We’re at 6 million cases and 180k deaths and counting. 1000+ people are dying a day.

There are some types of reckless behaviors that only affect the person being reckless. In those instances, I’m all about people minding their own business. Covid-19 is not that.  

Exactly this. If you want to go lick door knobs, do that. Just stay the hell inside afterwards. Do whatever you want with your life, but spreading a deadly virus doesn’t fall in this category. And yes we know that asymptomatic cases can still infect others, just as it happens with other viruses. 

And how exactly is a trip where you stay in the same accommodation, share bathrooms, utensils, everything with 7-10 other people “safe havens”?

We’ve also had 4 cases in my area where big weddings were allowed to happen and 3/4 of the guests ended up getting infected -more than 100 people at each one of them, most didn’t even have any symptoms. All of them were held in outdoor spaces but guess what, unless all groups are completely separated, there’s no dancing, kissing, touching the same stuff, then no it’s not safe.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

We’re at 6 million cases and 180k deaths and counting. 1000+ people are dying a day.

To put it in perspective, 6% of deaths were pure Covid.  That is fewer than 10,000 people.  94% of deaths had significant comorbidities like pneumonia and heart disease or obesity to name a few.  The majority of deaths were above age 55.  That is directly from the CDC website, which was recently updated.  Go to Google and type in CDC Covid Comorbidity and you will find the data on the weekly index. To say 180k deaths from Covid is misleading. 180k may have died *with Covid but they did not die because they had Covid. 171,800 people have died this year of pure pneumonia and 6,655 of pure influenza.

It is a fact that most people who test positive for Covid do not die.  The women we are talking about are young, otherwise healthy, not obese and do not have other health issues like heart disease for example. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is highly unlikely a former or current DCC will die of Covid. It's just not at all likely to happen.

Again, if a person is at-risk or is close with those who are at-risk, they should take every precaution. But your average otherwise healthy individual can get by and will get by just fine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

To put it in perspective, 6% of deaths were pure Covid.  That is fewer than 10,000 people.  94% of deaths had significant comorbidities like pneumonia and heart disease or obesity to name a few.  The majority of deaths were above age 55.  That is directly from the CDC website, which was recently updated.  Go to Google and type in CDC Covid Comorbidity and you will find the data on the weekly index. To say 180k deaths from Covid is misleading. 180k may have died *with Covid but they did not die because they had Covid. 171,800 people have died this year of pure pneumonia and 6,655 of pure influenza.

It is a fact that most people who test positive for Covid do not die.  The women we are talking about are young, otherwise healthy, not obese and do not have other health issues like heart disease for example. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is highly unlikely a former or current DCC will die of Covid. It's just not at all likely to happen.

Again, if a person is at-risk or is close with those who are at-risk, they should take every precaution. But your average otherwise healthy individual can get by and will get by just fine.

I don’t think any of us are that concerned for the girls dying. But what about EVERYONE ELSE they come in contact with? This isn’t a singles event, stopping Covid from continuing to ruin our lives is a group effort.

• Love 18

But we’re not arguing that the former/current dcc may die from covid? What we’re saying is that these “young and healthy AND reckless people” are the ones who keep spreading covid around and endangering those who are at risk. In real life, outside of the dcc bubble where the girls get to pretend they work, people at risk may not be able to wfh, self isolate or avoid people. It’s a pandemic, it has happened before multiple times in human history but this time we have advanced medicine. If we put effort into this collectively, we can hold out until a vaccine is released. This isn’t the common cold or a flu so we could argue that those at risk should only worry. It’s something relatively rare, it’s not that hard for people to take SOME precautions. It’s a few months of your life you’d be slightly inconvenienced. Other people will have to deal with long term issues, losing people close to them or you know, actually die. This isn’t the right time in history to be all ‘every man for himself’.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Stephieg84 said:

I don’t think any of us are that concerned for the girls dying. But what about EVERYONE ELSE they come in contact with? This isn’t a singles event, stopping Covid from continuing to ruin our lives is a group effort.

35 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

Thank you.  I feel exactly the same. 

It's not just the elder and/or immune suppressed at risk of getting sick.  Currently in my area, L.A. County, the highest being affected are between 30-49 with 18-29 year olds next.  Just being sick from this disease can be heinous.  Some of my friends described it as feeling like their bones were breaking. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, vanillagum said:

And 'quarantine shaming' lol, please. I'm not a perfect angel, but I try. No one's perfect with this. But if you're flaunting constant mask-free weekend trips, travel, and hanging with tons of different people, you suck right now

Especially when they are posting it on social media, where they know they have tons of followers, because that's kind of their whole point for being, and they are supposedly role models or at least that's what Kelli wants us to think they are, though clearly they are just a bunch of selfish brats who think they're immune. Like all the college idiots out partying and jacking up the Covid cases on campuses across the country. Ah, the idiocy of youth. 

• Love 5

I agree that if they’re posting their activities on social media, it’s fair game. I personally do not care what they do. It doesn’t affect me or my family. We take the precautions that are appropriate for us and let others live their lives as they see fit. I can’t and don’t wish to control what others do and post, but I can control the degree to which I am exposed and my own healthy habits, and I do.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

But as dreamcatcher pointed out, not everyone who is at risk can just stay home. Like they literally can not afford to. These girls could stand to use some brain cells and not parade their poor decisions all over social media. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

But as dreamcatcher pointed out, not everyone who is at risk can just stay home. Like they literally can not afford to. These girls could stand to use some brain cells and not parade their poor decisions all over social media. 

I am ‘like’ one of those people. I am an essential worker and I cannot stay home. My work is in hospitals. I have been literally face-to-face with Covid. I still could not care less what anyone else does. I follow the rules set forth by the states I visit, I make sure that I take every precaution I can. That’s all I can do.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I am ‘like’ one of those people. I am an essential worker and I cannot stay home. My work is in hospitals. I have been literally face-to-face with Covid. I still could not care less what anyone else does. I follow the rules set forth by the states I visit, I make sure that I take every precaution I can. That’s all I can do.

Thank you for all you do.  I can't begin to comprehend how scary that must be.  I get the need to take precautions.  I have to.  I have a suppressed immune system.

What I can't handle is when someone living right next door doesn't have the decency to alert fellow neighbors that his girlfriend who was there on a daily basis, had COVID.  I had to find out second hand.  After his son came in contact with me.  I was not a happy camper.  When you know for a fact you've been exposed and do not inform people, that is unconscionable.

To keep this on topic - I can't believe the girls posting all their social travel and adventures on social media.  Do they even realize how bad it makes them look?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

To keep this on topic - I can't believe the girls posting all their social travel and adventures on social media.  Do they even realize how bad it makes them look?

I am pretty sure they don't care how it looks. They seem to only care that they are always photographed on their best side.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Never mind their travels!  TMI Lacey!!!!

• LOL 12

It's good to see Lacey has her priorities in line. Oye

I'm glad I'm too old to be stupid enough to look up to these girls, though I shudder to think of the little girls out there who do. All they seem to really care about are their looks and getting married (and that doesn't seem so much about finding a partner to share your life as it does about finding someone who will look good in a tux at the wedding you will post on your instatiktokbook.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 8/30/2020 at 10:32 PM, DizzySometimes86 said:

I'm 3 years behind, but what a great set of videos!

The cheerleaders dancing with her are...Danielle, Jackie Bob, Simone and...??

On 8/31/2020 at 1:09 AM, Meleighsa said:

On 8/31/2020 at 7:04 AM, Stephieg84 said:

I think it’s Jessica Marie, not Simone..

Ah, thanks, everybody!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, vanillagum said:

EXACTLY LOL

It's absolutely not death or nothing, and I hate when people act like it is. 'Oh, I'm young and not fat, I'm not gonna die.' Probably not, but I've heard and seen so many horror stories of what people who didn't die went through, for months even. Probably some who are just still continually dealing with aftereffects indefinitely. And these aren't people who are old or fat or anything. They look like your average twenty-/thirty-something. 

What scares me the most is that they say even if you survive it, which is likely, there's a good chance you'll have lung damage, etc etc etc. But it's no big deal, eh?

So, yeah, I don't think it's cool to act like nothing is happening, just carrying on with your regular life as if you're untouchable and can't affect anyone else's health, either. It's pretty disgusting. God forbid you inconvenience yourself for a bit.  

Being 'face-to-face' with Covid but 'not caring what anyone else does' is interesting, and disappointing coming from someone who's seen it firsthand. Very bizarre. I'm sure you'd care if someone got you sick, though.

Anyways...people doing whatever they want because 'it's their business' is exactly why we are so screwed. No big deal, though!

Exactly, this is a virus that doesn’t exactly follow the “norms” we’re used to-heat didn’t stop it or at least slow it down, spreads easily, symptoms last forever even in relatively healthy people. We recently had cases where underage people and athletes went into comas and/or died in my area and doctors couldn’t figure out why it hit them so hard since they didn’t have any health issues.

I’m sorry but I just don’t get it, is it that people don’t really understand science? Or that some countries are more ‘individualistic’ so people legit don’t care if they impact others because that’s the norm? This is something new and unprecedented, but we know that it can impact your quality of life at least for a while, maybe even longer considering that we KNOW pneumonia can do lasting damage. Why would anyone want to risk it or risk spreading it because they personally are not afraid is beyond me. Especially people who claim that the greatest joy of their jobs as butt shaking, barely dresses dancers is community service and making other people’s lives better. Well then, do your community a service and stay the hell away from people.

• Love 12

I worked with a group of vascular surgeons for many years so saw & learned many things....in 2009 this data came across my desk during the H1N1 "pandemic". It legit did come from the CDC...I don't know why it wasn't released again...using the term 'cooties' is my addition.

-Here's some information to help keep the germs from getting passed around.. The data was compiled for H1N1, but applies to all respiratory infections.

**The only portals of entry are the nostrils and mouth/throat. In a global epidemic of this nature, it's almost impossible to avoid coming into contact with H1N1 in spite of all precautions. Contact with H1N1 is not so much of a problem as proliferation is.

While you are still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1 infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, some very simple steps, not fully highlighted in most official communications, can be practiced (instead of focusing on how to stock N95 or Tamiflu):

1. Frequent hand-washing. Use plain soap and water, use hand sanitizers only in a pinch as they kill off healthy bacteria. And always wash your hands after wiping the kids' noses or changing diapers.

2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face (unless you want to eat, bathe). If your hands are contaminated and you touch your face, there is a huge risk of transporting the cooties to your mouth or nose.

3. *Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don't trust salt). *H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.

4. Similar to 3 above, clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water. *Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very good Yoga asanas to clean nasal cavities, the Neti pots are available at the drug store as are prepared sinus rinses), but *blowing the nose hard once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population. Aerosol saline sinus rinses work too.

5. *Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits). *If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.

6. *Drink as much of warm liquids (tea, coffee, etc) as you can. *Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I'm all for "you do you" in many things.  Vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, pescatarian take your pick.  Democrat, Republican, sick of all politicians... you have the right to your opinion.  A global pandemic I'm not into "you do you."  Pleasure travel on planes seems to be self centered.  These ladies are young and healthy but could easily be a carrier.  I've cancelled one vacation, stopped planning another, and looking at what I will do for a trip in November.  

Weddings these girl attend or have (not mentioning names) most likely have older people who could get it.  There are lots of stories out there on weddings in which many of the guests then tested positive.  We do not know enough about Covid to yet know the long term effects.  There are people younger than 60 and without major other health problems becoming sick.  As to the weddings, do these ladies want a big ceremony they can post about or do they want to marry the love of their life?  Because it does not take big showers, bachelor weekends, or a fleet of bridesmaids to marry the love of your life.  That's the part that many of us do not understand.  A small intimate wedding with immediate family could do the trick.  And if you need the whole shebang...................just postpone.

To use Kelli's phrase, I believe many of the DCC current and former are "tone deaf."  Do I wish them to be become ill?  NO Do I wish they would grow up and be more responsible?  yes.  There are many people out of work that will stay out of work as long as this pandemic rages on.  I am one of them.  My job that I am furloughed from involved a lot of traveling and so I am not working and when there was a discussion to return to work the numbers went up again because people were bored with staying home.  Young healthy people that may be infected and asymptomatic are out there.  You do not NEED  to go to a bar, to a restaurant, to a theme park, on vacation, etc.  Although it has impacted me financially, I have resources to survive but there are many people out there until they can go back to work will suffer.  I look at what my parents went through growing up in the depression and being a teen and young adult during World War II and what we are going through now not being allowed to go out and socialize as much as we want is so much better than that.  

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

A global pandemic I'm not into "you do you."  

[snip]

We do not know enough about Covid to yet know the long term effects.  There are people younger than 60 and without major other health problems becoming sick.  

[snip]

Young healthy people that may be infected and asymptomatic are out there.  You do not NEED  to go to a bar, to a restaurant, to a theme park, on vacation, etc.   

Yes, yes and yes.  You said it so beautifully and kept perspective.  +💯

• Love 10
21 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thank you.  I feel exactly the same. 

It's not just the elder and/or immune suppressed at risk of getting sick.  Currently in my area, L.A. County, the highest being affected are between 30-49 with 18-29 year olds next.  Just being sick from this disease can be heinous.  Some of my friends described it as feeling like their bones were breaking. 

My 30 year old daughter told me that’s she felt like a stream roller was on top of her chest. It took her 8 weeks before she felt better. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thank you for all you do.  I can't begin to comprehend how scary that must be.  I get the need to take precautions.  I have to.  I have a suppressed immune system.

What I can't handle is when someone living right next door doesn't have the decency to alert fellow neighbors that his girlfriend who was there on a daily basis, had COVID.  I had to find out second hand.  After his son came in contact with me.  I was not a happy camper.  When you know for a fact you've been exposed and do not inform people, that is unconscionable.

Thank you! Yes it's a little weird. And part of what I sell is a commercial/industrial grade UV disinfection system so I am IN IT. I'm not sure my perspective is coming across the way I want it to. When all of this started I was terrified about what I'd have to do and where I'd have to go, but after I saw how every hospital is so vastly different in their protocols, I realized that the only thing I can control is what I DO. I couldn't let myself get upset about people not wearing masks or doing things they shouldn't and I had to let it go completely otherwise I would probably have a mental breakdown. And oddly enough it's my hot spot hospitals where I'm lucky if they hit my actual forehead with the laser thermometer on my way through the door. They're just so, so done. By mandate I have to stay home at intervals and self-quarantine so often that seeing people carry on with their lives on social is sometimes the only window I have to the outside world for days at a time. I need to see the happy. I'm also so disappointed that TC became such a sh*t show 😞 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 5