Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 9/21/2020 at 3:35 PM, ElenaFR said:

So seeing Abigail's name, made me go search up old videos. The entire group was so messy, but Klein was stunning.

Abi is totally stunning. Thanks for posting this old school video. Season 4, right? Those were the days.

And Kristen Gauthier! She was one of my faves. Anyone know how she's doing or what she's been up to since DCC?

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Grandma Moses said:

And Kristen Gauthier! She was one of my faves. Anyone know how she's doing or what she's been up to since DCC?

She was one of my faves as well.  Got married, has three kids and was working as a nurse in Austin (don't know if she is still doing that)

• Love 3
On 10/20/2020 at 7:11 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Did she try out in a later season?

I think she auditioned again either last year (2019) or the previous year (2018). She did audition for the Texans cheerleaders 2 or 3 years ago made it to finals but not the final team.

• Useful 1
On 10/20/2020 at 10:16 PM, Grandma Moses said:

Abi is totally stunning. Thanks for posting this old school video. Season 4, right? Those were the days.

I love Abi! She was one of my faves! 🙂  BUT what is up with the lines...yikes!

• Love 1
On 10/20/2020 at 5:36 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Whatever happened to TCC Jackie from season 11. She made it into training camp on year and then I haven't seen her since. 

Was she the one who was the fan pick?  I don't remember seeing her again, I'm not sure she would have made it to training camp without the fan vote.  Kelli and Judy didn't seem wowed by her.

39 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Was she the one who was the fan pick?  I don't remember seeing her again, I'm not sure she would have made it to training camp without the fan vote.  Kelli and Judy didn't seem wowed by her.

Yes she was. Although I think I remember seeing her a season or 2 ago during auditions on the show. It was either her, or someone who looked a lot like her. Ha I remember a couple people commenting about her back then. 

4 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yes she was. Although I think I remember seeing her a season or 2 ago during auditions on the show. It was either her, or someone who looked a lot like her. Ha I remember a couple people commenting about her back then. 

I remember seeing Jackie sitting with some other girls and waiting for the finalist announcements (I think). She never mentioned being a former TCC/FV winner. Unless she did and it wasn't shown. I was kind of surprised they showed her.   Here's Jackie when she auditioned in 2017 for the Texans.

hou_news_20170401_texanscheerleadertryou

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/22/2020 at 8:44 AM, MrsEVH said:

Found this on a site of vintage DCC pics. Is the woman on the far right Tina Kalina?

image.png.8584d0f21c8efc3decabe8347ce5ff5f.png

Wow does her and Victoria share the same hair, teeth, and hot pink make up! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, kalibean said:

I will say that Ashley looked absolutely beautiful, and I loved her simple hair and sleek wedding dress. The venue is gorgeous too, those high ceilings! 

(But get a mask on these folks!) 

14 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I know she is getting flack for not following COVID prevention protocols at their wedding, but she is a seriously completely stunning woman. Heartbreaking that her dad just passed away. 

She was one I always rooted for. My heart always hurt for her the season where Kelli tells her that she’s viewed as being stuck up (can’t recall if it was TC that she was cut or the TC she made the team).  I never really got that from her on the show. Yes, I know...can’t determine a persons real personality through the lens of Reality TV. But I thought she was just a little more reserved than the other girls, plus she seemed completely stressed out and overwhelmed by TC. 

Edited to add my own personal unrequested opinion regarding formal functions and masks: There’s a seamstress in my area who is advertising on nextdoor.com that she is making personalized COVID masks for formal functions like weddings/bridal/baby showers. Apparently she helps you design the mask to match theme or your outfit and you pay for materials and labor. They look super cute, and they don’t seem to be that expensive based on the reviews. So seriously people, get your shit together. 😷 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

My heart always hurt for her the season where Kelli tells her that she’s viewed as being stuck up (can’t recall if it was TC that she was cut or the TC she made the team).  I never really got that from her on the show. Yes, I know...can’t determine a persons real personality through the lens of Reality TV. But I thought she was just a little more reserved than the other girls, plus she seemed completely stressed out and overwhelmed by TC

Same here.   

• Love 5

You didn't hear that COVID is gone in Dallas?  I feel like The Statler always hits my radar for ill advised gatherings lately.  Must be the Covid party go-to!

As for the "wifelorette," kind of a clever, if a little cheesy concept.  I like the idea of having it later because a Bachelorette party had been cancelled, but mayyyyyybe later should just be LATER.  Like post-vaccine.  LATER.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Monique said:

Lacey’s back at it again. Did you all see the pictures from her Wifelorette (whatever that is)?

Oooooh. Can you have “wifelorette” if you’ve been married for 4.5 years? Asking for a friend. 

Also it took a solid 5 minutes for me to figure out what a “wifelorette” was. I seriously thought it was something French 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 16
27 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oooooh. Can you have “wifelorette” if you’ve been married for 4.5 years? Asking for a friend. 

Also it took a solid 5 minutes for me to figure out what a “wifelorette” was. I seriously thought it was something French 🤣🤣🤣

Yes your friend can !!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Has anyone been doing the zoom-ba with Jinelle? I have been doing it - it's a nice change from running although I am super uncoordinated. I watch the recorded version and last week there was someone on who kept asking questions during the dance pause - where Jinelle talks about the next song. It made me feel a bit uncomfortable listening to the exchange - although I could be reading too much into it. It just made me feel a bit sad that they probably get so many creepy interactions from fans simply because they are in the 'public eye'.  We dont have cheer teams here in Aussie rules footy but we do in NRL (where Jinelle came from). I wonder if they get the creeps as well? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/26/2020 at 8:45 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

I know she is getting flack for not following COVID prevention protocols at their wedding, but she is a seriously completely stunning woman. Heartbreaking that her dad just passed away. 

She was one I always rooted for. My heart always hurt for her the season where Kelli tells her that she’s viewed as being stuck up (can’t recall if it was TC that she was cut or the TC she made the team).  I never really got that from her on the show. Yes, I know...can’t determine a persons real personality through the lens of Reality TV. But I thought she was just a little more reserved than the other girls, plus she seemed completely stressed out and overwhelmed by TC. r. 😷

I've always felt that's one of the nastiest bullying tactics, saying, "this is what others think/say about you." If Kelly had gotten that feedback from other coaches, she'd had all of training camp to determine if she agreed. It can be incredibly stressful and confusing to be told that others are talking smack or expressing negative opinions when you are unaware of it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Route66 said:

I've always felt that's one of the nastiest bullying tactics, saying, "this is what others think/say about you." If Kelly had gotten that feedback from other coaches, she'd had all of training camp to determine if she agreed. It can be incredibly stressful and confusing to be told that others are talking smack or expressing negative opinions when you are unaware of it.

Fortunately you can dismiss this form of bullying by telling them (and perhaps yourself) that what others think of you is none of your business...because it isn't...As long I'm happy with me and doing what I can to do the right thing, I'm good...people who bully are usually not happy with themselves 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Route66 said:

Who was the one TCC that was brought in the office and told that? For some reason I can't think of her name.  Also do we really believe that the "former dance directors" have said those things????

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Who was the one TCC that was brought in the office and told that? For some reason I can't think of her name.  Also do we really believe that the "former dance directors" have said those things????

It was Ashley Pro. It's probably believable because it's been shown that they do background checks on the TCC. The Texas dance/cheer world is probably pretty tight and it's likely they all know each other. It's probably closer to gossiping than it is to giving a reference like you would for a job.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Route66 said:

It was Ashley Pro. It's probably believable because it's been shown that they do background checks on the TCC. The Texas dance/cheer world is probably pretty tight and it's likely they all know each other. It's probably closer to gossiping than it is to giving a reference like you would for a job.

But I feel like they did it on like the last night or just before they announced the team that year. It felt like such a dick move to be ask those questions after you've had her in camp all summer. "Hey everyone you used to dance with thinks you're a bitch. Even though we've been together for 8 weeks, we wanted to ask, why do you think they said that? Answer well because we're announcing the team in 10 minutes and your answer will decide if you're in the room or not." 

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it wasn't like the Gina thing where her current DCC leaders were like, maybe she needs to be more of a teammate and they gave her a chance to take Tara to the zoo.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

But I feel like they did it on like the last night or just before they announced the team that year. It felt like such a dick move to be ask those questions after you've had her in camp all summer. "Hey everyone you used to dance with thinks you're a bitch. Even though we've been together for 8 weeks, we wanted to ask, why do you think they said that? Answer well because we're announcing the team in 10 minutes and your answer will decide if you're in the room or not." 

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it wasn't like the Gina thing where her current DCC leaders were like, maybe she needs to be more of a teammate and they gave her a chance to take Tara to the zoo.

And it was her second time in camp!  I always thought that, like you are bringing this up now?! But of course Kelli was able to make it about her, saying she was misunderstood at times too.....NO, we see you Kelli LOL

Gina's office visits her first TC made me really not like her at first.   I can't remember exactly what/how they asked her about the other girls, but her first response was that she has dealt with jealousy before.  I cringed at that and thought that wouldn't go over well with her teammates when it aired.  

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Route66 said:

It's probably closer to gossiping than it is to giving a reference like you would for a job.

I know this is a little "off topic"...sorry.  I applied for a job earlier this month and all the references I gave were asked to answer a "survey" at a link that was texted to them.  I know for a fact that one of the ladies I put down never even attempted to answer the survey (she's 93).  Has anyone else ever heard of or seen reference gathering done this way?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I know this is a little "off topic"...sorry.  I applied for a job earlier this month and all the references I gave were asked to answer a "survey" at a link that was texted to them.  I know for a fact that one of the ladies I put down never even attempted to answer the survey (she's 93).  Has anyone else ever heard of or seen reference gathering done this way?

Yes. Hubby applied for a few jobs a couple of years back where his references were asked to complete an online survey. It probably will become more common in the future.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Her boyfriend is from that area - that’s why they are there.  So, Christina bought Mandy’s old studio??

I had to go back and reread that they were talking about Christina not Mandy!!  That is kinda interesting.....like is Christina living Mandy's pre-DCC life now?!?! lol

• LOL 5

So after a little internet surfing, Christina does work at Mandy's old studio (teaching pom classes).   On the webpage, one of the lead pics is Christina, Slade, & a few younger girls....almost makes me wonder if his family or something has something to do with that studio.  I mean it could be pure coincidence, but of all studios?  (unless there aren't many in the area).  The other thing I found out was that he was drafted by the Raiders out of college....looks like his time there overlapped with when she was a raiderette....I wonder if that's how Mandy met him or if that is why she went to the raiderettes... 

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Yes. Hubby applied for a few jobs a couple of years back where his references were asked to complete an online survey. It probably will become more common in the future.

Several years ago a job I applied for required 6 references and thier email address. All six were sent a form to fill out, and at least 3 HAD to fill it out for you to even be considered for the position. By the way, I got the job!!😊😊😊😎

2 hours ago, GaveIn said:

I had to go back and reread that they were talking about Christina not Mandy!!  That is kinda interesting.....like is Christina living Mandy's pre-DCC life now?!?! lol

That is exactly what I thought when I read she bought that studio!! That is really creepy. I was never a fan of Christina's, and this whole thing with her really cements it to me that she is not a good person!!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jlc said:

Several years ago a job I applied for required 6 references and thier email address. All six were sent a form to fill out, and at least 3 HAD to fill it out for you to even be considered for the position. By the way, I got the job!!😊😊😊😎

That is exactly what I thought when I read she bought that studio!! That is really creepy. I was never a fan of Christina's, and this whole thing with her really cements it to me that she is not a good person!!!

So glad you got the job! I guess companies realize that not everyone will complete the form, so that is why they ask for six (that's a lot!) of references.

(Disclaimer: I've always been a fan of Christina and always come to her defense, so definitely not an attack  on you or your opinion, I promise! I relate to her as I am also hard of hearing and know some of the issues that causes in social settings, and it would take me a zillion years to make the DCC as well, lol!)

Now that I know her boyfriend is from that area, it makes sense to me why she moved there and into that studio. From what I understand, there are no issues between Mandy, Christina, and "the boyfriend". For me, and JMO, seems like that was convenient for everyone and worked out well. Please correct me, if I have misstated anything, I don't follow any of them that closely. Just hope everyone is happy and healthy!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

So glad you got the job! I guess companies realize that not everyone will complete the form, so that is why they ask for six (that's a lot!) of references.

(Disclaimer: I've always been a fan of Christina and always come to her defense, so definitely not an attack  on you or your opinion, I promise! I relate to her as I am also hard of hearing and know some of the issues that causes in social settings, and it would take me a zillion years to make the DCC as well, lol!)

Now that I know her boyfriend is from that area, it makes sense to me why she moved there and into that studio. From what I understand, there are no issues between Mandy, Christina, and "the boyfriend". For me, and JMO, seems like that was convenient for everyone and worked out well. Please correct me, if I have misstated anything, I don't follow any of them that closely. Just hope everyone is happy and healthy!

I appreciate everything you said. Absolutely no offense taken. Christina has never appealed to me, mainly because I have nothing in common with her. You do, and that is pretty cool since she is active in her community, bringing awareness to issues you both live with. As a woman who has had someone come after me in a relationship, believe me when I say, Mandy has issues with this but is covering it up well. 🤷‍♀️ That is just my opinion.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

So is it still a Pulse?  I can’t find any with Christina or even photos.  What am I doing wrong?

If you go to Pulse's instagram page (@pulsedancenw), 9/1 they posted a picture welcoming her.  Their webpage is https://pulsedancenw.com/  When the page first opens, the main picture is 5 girls, if you click the arrow too the left, that is the pic of them I'm referring to.

21 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Looks like she is just teaches there 

B6B95801-C803-46B6-90FC-FDF5A8642C3F.jpeg

A8F62F24-3910-49F2-B4B4-C0523FA15DA2.jpeg

Thank you!!  

I couldn't get anything to attach.  I would always rather it posted here than trying to track it down 🙂

Also, I scrolled further down and in May, there is a picture of Slade & the caption says he is the owner!!!  So that mystery is solved...but it leads to so many more questions....was it Mandy's first, or was it both of theirs, or was the 'owner' part just for her DCC intro????  I'm just so curious now LOL

Edited by GaveIn
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

Thank you!!  

I couldn't get anything to attach.  I would always rather it posted here than trying to track it down 🙂

Also, I scrolled further down and in May, there is a picture of Slade & the caption says he is the owner!!!  So that mystery is solved to me now LOL   

So he is owner not her !! 

56 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Looks like she is just teaches there 

B6B95801-C803-46B6-90FC-FDF5A8642C3F.jpeg

Seeing this picture reminds me that Christina is a perfect example of someone who was just another blonde blender on the DCC, but would absolutely be the smoking hottest woman walking around just about everyone's hometown.  It's easy to forget that when we discuss their physical appearance on the show, myself included.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, GaveIn said:

So after a little internet surfing, Christina does work at Mandy's old studio (teaching pom classes).   On the webpage, one of the lead pics is Christina, Slade, & a few younger girls....almost makes me wonder if his family or something has something to do with that studio.  I mean it could be pure coincidence, but of all studios?  (unless there aren't many in the area).  The other thing I found out was that he was drafted by the Raiders out of college....looks like his time there overlapped with when she was a raiderette....I wonder if that's how Mandy met him or if that is why she went to the raiderettes... 

This is bordering on creepy! I wonder what Mandy thinks of all this? I'm sure she's over him, I hope she is, but it seems like Christina just stepped in & is playing the role of Mandy now. I would not be happy if it were me...

• Love 5
16 hours ago, jlc said:

I got the job with the survey questions too! Problem is they didn't wanna train me well enough and insisted I work alone before I was ready so I resigned.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I got the job with the survey questions too! Problem is they didn't wanna train me well enough and insisted I work alone before I was ready so I resigned.

So sorry you had to resigned 

Has anybody seen the Lifetime Christmas movie with Abigail Klein in one of the lead roles? It's called Christmas on Ice. Abigail looked fantastic, and her hair is darker, which I think looks good on her.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 1